Speaker 1: What's up basketball fans. Let's be honest. Does anyone ever win a big bet and not tell anyone? No, they don't. That feeling of hitting a big bet is great and the group chat always going to hear about it. What we don't want to talk about, though, is our losses. Nope, no one likes that. But check this out. New customers can get a no sweat bet with DraftKings, so even if you do lose, you can still get a bonus bet back up to one thousand dollars in the amount of your original bet. Minimum deposit is five dollars and you can sign up now using my promo code Bulleyball Watch the Games. Get in on the action of real time betting by downloading the DraftKings app now. New customers get that no sweat bet. That's right. New customers can get a no sweat bet of up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses, and all existing customers well, they get a same game parlay insurance. That means you get a bonus bet back if one leg of your parlay loses. Minimum number of legs required and max bet faries. So download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now. New customers use my promo code Bullyball and get a no sweat VET. Promo code is Bullyball. The crown is yours. What's up, basketball fans, March is here. Spring is in the air, and it's not just the NBA schedule that's loaded. March Madness is afoot and the concert scene is hoppin'. I'm so pumped. We've got Bad Bunny coming into La here in a week or so, and game Time is my go to app for securing the best tickets. I just pull up the game Time app, I can see the entire schedule of who's coming here on tour and starting prices. They're right there, all in one shot. The layout of the game Time app really is what makes buying these tickets so easy. I can easily see that Madonna's rolling into town with her greatest Hits tour. Andre three thousand is about to play a bunch of shows here in Los Angeles. And what I like most about Game Time is when I buy tickets, I can see the view from my seat before I buy, so I know exactly what to expect. I pick the section, and game Time picks this seats for the best price. In fact, if I find tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time will credit me one hundred and ten percent of the difference, so there's no question I'm getting the best price. I take the guesswork and all the frustration out of buying tickets with game Time. Here's the deal. You can get twenty dollars off your first ticket purchase. Just download the game Time app, create an account and use my code Bullyball. That's right, Just use the code Bullyball for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time app today, Last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Welcome to Bullyball, presented by DraftKings. I'm Rachel Nichols, and there's always mister DeMarcus Cousins across from me, and we were just chatting before the show about Caitlin Cleric Boogie. She passed Pete Maravich for the most points scored by Division I basketball player, men's or women's. Apparently we're supposed to call her ponytail Peete now because you know bistol, pet What do you think of what's going on with her?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I think I think one, she's an incredible player. I think she's you know, doing more to her part when it comes to, you know, promoting the women's game, uh, you know, elevating their platform, all of those things. I think she's a great representation of the sport and I'm just a fan of them being able to have their platform gro regardless of how it's coming through college, through you know, the w NBA, whatever the case may be. Just these women and the sport that they love and their platform all now, you know, being on one of the biggest stages, people are now supporting it more than ever. I think it's a beautiful thing. So I'm happy for the sport. I'm happy for these ladies, and I'm a huge fan of Kaitln Cark. And like I said, I think she's doing more to her part of you know, elevating this the game for these ladies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she recently announced she is going to go to the w NBA. There's some question about what she take that fifth year of eligibility because you can make a lot of nil money. Now, boogie, do you have eligibility left? Because really we need to discuss, man.
Speaker 2: I got to go check in on that. Man.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I got the opportunity to go back to the Uk. I would definitely take it, so I.
Speaker 2: Got to check. I think you clean up.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I just save your beer off.
Speaker 2: I can look nineteen again. I see nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Boger here on Tuesday morning, less than twelve hours after the Lakers win over the Thunder and Okay See came into the game as the top seed in the West. LA is now three and one against Oklahoma City. For this season, they're seven and three in their last ten games. And here's what Anthony Davis had to say after last night. He said, quote, we don't really care what seed we're in. We proved it last year. It doesn't matter. It's just about getting in and tackling each opponent from there. Uh So that's all and good, And certainly they look like they'd be pretty strong in a series against saying Oklahoma City. On the other hand, the other big game the Lakers had the past few days was yet another loss to the Nuggets. So I guess my question to you, boog is, if you look at the Western Conference standings, is any right? I mean, could they just beat anyone? Are you confident that the Lakers, if they get in, they could get to the finals or do you feel like that might be an overstatement for medi.
Speaker 3: I think that's spot on, and I think that's why the Lakers get treated the way they do in the aspect of, yeah, on paper and then the standings, they aren't, you know, one of the better teams in the league. But based off their foundation and Anthony Davis and Lebron James and just their history of you know, success, they'll always be in the conversation as long as they're in a spot of being able to be a playoff team. This is a playoff roster. I think the Lakers going to every off season thinking how can they become a better playoff team. Their rosters aren't ever really built for a regular season. And what I mean by that is it's never really a consistent third or fourth piece with any Lakers team outside of Anthony Davis and Lebron James to consistently carry them through a regular season. They're usually there for the support of those two guys or to enhance them with later runs in the year. So I've seen it time and time again with these Lakers teams. They usually construct their roster to match up with the Denver that's that's usually the team they struggle with the most So it makes sense. And obviously it sounds a little, you know, far off, but that's literally kind of how this team builds their roster every single season.
Speaker 2: So once they're in.
Speaker 3: The playoffs or or if they are a playoff team, they're gonna always be a threat just because of those two main guys and Lebron James and Anthony Davis. So I think everything else will kind of take care of himself. So in that statement, absolutely, I mean.
Speaker 1: If you look at the standings right now and in the West, they change every day, it feels like, but Lakers are sitting in ninth, so they would still be a playing team. And if the season ended today, you know, if they made it at the plan, they would face you know, the timber Wolves or the Oklahoma City Thunder, depending on where they ended up after the plan. You know, they, as I said, they've been beating Oklahoma City. They have a big game against the Wolves coming up. In fact, I think they played them twice. Still on the schedule Denver though, I mean, you know, I've been on Denver all year. I'm still someone's got to beat them before. I'm not picking them this year, and no one's no one big has been beating them. I mean they have been since the All Star break. They put their foot on the gas. They were clearly a little bit closet before then, and there was a little bit of a you know, Denver playing with its food aspect to that Lakers game. I mean, it certainly was very close, and the Lakers made some runs and it looked like, man, they could finally beat them, because I think including the playoffs, it's been like this was Denver's eighth win in a row or something like that, and the LA fans were like, this is it, this is great, and then last few minutes it was just like, yeah, you know, okay, we're done here, We're done messing around. So I don't know, I think that a young team like Oklahoma City, you know, we're we all say the same thing, right, The inexperience in the playoffs, you know, is hard to overcome and could come out to haunt them. But I just I'm still all in on Dinvor, So I don't know. We'll see, We'll see what happens there. Yeah, I want to switch to I want to switch to the East because we also have another team that's put its foot on the gas since the All Star break. The Bucks have not lost people since coming back from All Stars, six straight wins, including last night a comeback win over the Clippers. No Janna sent it to Compo in that game. No Chris Middleton. In that game. The Clips were up by fifteen late in the third quarter. Dame poured it in forty one point. It's just amazing. Bobby Porters had a big game twenty eight points, sixteen rebounds. We don't need to talk right now about the Clippers, but they've had some They've coughed up some big, big, big games where they've had big leads lately. So that's something to think about when you look at the West standings. But let's stick with the Bucks. Oh, what has impressed you most about the Bucks during this stretch because Doc has come in and turned things around like you said he would.
Speaker 3: Well, Well, one, I feel the Bucks have been treated unfairly this Seve. And the reason I say that, I actually think they deserve more credit than they've received.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say that is.
Speaker 3: One as much change that's been going on with this Bucks organization, they've never been less than in my knowledge of my knowledge a three seed in the East, which is pretty damn impressive. With as much new moving parts this team has had, you know, going on in season. They've had a new coach, they have a they've had ownership change, they brought in another franchise piece in Damian Lillard. I just don't think they get enough credit for, you know, how they've kept things afloat amongst all this change, the huge new moving parts that they've had with this team and this franchise, I think they've done a pretty good job with you know, just keeping things afloat.
Speaker 2: They are still a threat in the East.
Speaker 3: Uh they are now starting to you know, find that groove, which is you know, great for them. Another thing I don't think it's enough credit is the Patrick Beverley effect. I've literally seen this guy, you know, put batteries and guys back to the point where they're talking out the side of their neck and they they're a believer or in character of being something that they're completely not. And that's totally fine. But that's the Patrick Beverley effect. I saw the Minnesota. I've seen it in many places that you know, this guy's been so I know that energy, that leadership, that voice in the locker room is only going to increase his team. So you know, you know, obviously Pat doesn't get the credit that he you know, deserves when it comes to you know, performing on the cord or the numbers aren't his flashy, but I put him in the category you know, of a Dremond where and obviously the accolades don't match up, but as far as you.
Speaker 1: Know, the fat skill level might not match up, but the emotion does, right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and in the impact he has on games that don't show up on paper like, it's a big effect. So I think the combination of all these things and just simply you know, they're now finding their stride. The system is now making sense with Doc, They're now starting to slowly get on the same page.
Speaker 2: And these are the effects of that.
Speaker 3: So I think this team only improved towards the end of the year, and like I said, they are still very much a threat in the ease.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, first of all, they also got Jay crowder back, who's another energy guy, right, So I think your point on Patrick Beverly is is totally true. The defense, though, has turned to and the idea was how can the Bucks improve their defense? They can't you go out and trade for anyone else. They already made their big trade. They were hamstrung. Clearly, defensive strategy was a big part of what was going on, and Doc has adjusted the defense for the opponent in a way that Griff wasn't really doing. The Bucks have held teams under one hundred points four times in seven games. They played forty three games under Adrian Griffin and only did that once, so that is a pretty stark set of numbers. In fact, they had the number twenty two defense in the league under Adrian Griffin. In just a short amount of time that Doc has been there, they're all the way up to number six. So that is just a huge, huge turnaround. And when we get to the playoffs, that is obviously going to be so important. And I think when they made the move to get rid of Griff, I mean, obviously it's very tough to make a coaching change like that. I'm not sure Adrian Griffin deserved to sort of be dismissed in the middle of his first season the way it happened. However, the move for the playoffs right the move was, hey, we know we have a great record. I think at the time they were number two in the East, and it was like, what are you doing? But the point was you could look at that team and look at their defense and say this isn't gonna cut it in the postseason. And obviously, when you have Janna sentence Kupo, that is the standard. So I think that the fact that they've beaten the Nuggets under dock, they've beaten the Timberwolves under dock. You know, you look at how they have progressed against big teams, you see why they made the change. And this is all without Chris Middleton. He has not played in the last eleven games. He has that ankle injury. We don't know when he's going to come back. And I guess the question too a little bit is the road ahead for them, because they do have a very tough remaining schedule. Their next seven games. They're going to have the Warriors, They're going to have the Lakers, they're going to have the Clippers, Sacramento, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and then a huge game against Boston. So I don't know where are you on the on the Bucks chances because as you look at that Boston game, that's the one that's like looming on the schedule. So crazy.
Speaker 3: I can see them having a you know, a successful stretch when it comes to these teams that they're going to have, you know, later on. But obviously the Boston Boston has been a favorite, you know, for the most part the entire year. I still think they're the favorite. That Boston team is just so well constructed. You know, they had a plan in the offseason. They came together perfectly, and it hasn't been really much changed to that Boston team. They've been consistent, they've been and it's weird to say, with them having the best record in the NBA. For some reason, this team has kind of been under the radar as much. Even though they're a favorite, they're still kind of full none of the radar, and that's and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's like just skepticism from some playoffs, you know, problems that they've had. I think people kind of feel like, yeah, we've been here before with the Celtics. We know that they've been good in the regular season, and then they've just had a few notable playoff performances. Obviously, that Golden State Finals was super winnable. Losing to the Heat the way they did, they clearly came in as the better team, and the way they lost that series, and the way Jason Tatum struggled throughout that series even before his injury, I think people just there's some skepticism about Boston, but there shouldn't be because, as you said, I mean, they're rocking.
Speaker 3: This team looks well. If it's if there's ever been a year, I think this is the year for this Celtics team. They look like a well war machine. I don't see a team that even comes closer to their talent. But to get back on topic, when it comes to this Bucks team, they have every chance of you know, being successful in this stretch. I think they'll only continue to improve with you know, this closing stretch of the season, and I think that's perfect time and they want to go in with some momentum. They want to go in with some confidence, and the biggest thing, they all want to go in on the same page as far as being on the same page as the coaching staff, the coaching stuff, being on the same page as the players, the system being you know, it's Bible, everybody knows the system. Everything's flowing. So I think this is kind of perfect time and for this team everything will be kind of semented with this group and they can go into the playoffs with some momentum. And like I said, they are still very much a threat in the East. They have the talent to do it. They have a champion in Giannis, they have a guy that's hungry for a championship in Damian Lillard, so they very much have a chance.
Speaker 1: Well, look, it is interesting if you think about who's going to end up where. And by the way, if Doc Rivers comes into Boston and beats the Celtics in a playoff series, that's going to be a whole nother scene. But right now, Boston looks so good. They've had three wins this season of more than fifty points. Buggie, I mean, that's like, that's an insane thing to say. They tore the Warriors into tiny little pieces. Over this past weekend. Steph Curry had a great quote after the Warriors loss by fifty two to Boston. He said, that's what we used to do to teams. It's demoralizing. And that's really interesting to think of because in some ways, this Boston team during the regular season, this is just regular season so far, is more dominant than the Warriors at the height of their dynasty. The Celtics have won eleven in a row and their point differential in those games has been by twenty two, which is better than the Warriors ever did even when they were killing teams. I just I don't know. They have the easiest remaining schedule compared to what that Bucks schedule. We just lifted off, listed off, So I don't know you were saying the Bucks, you know, definitely gonna fight the Celtics for the East is Boston though, I mean, are you ready to make your hotel reservations for Boston in the finals. I mean, do you think it's going to be a contest in the Eastern Conference finals? Or are you looking at these members for the Celtics and been like, yeah, it might be a tough go, but the Celtics are making it absolutely well.
Speaker 3: First off, I want to say, when it comes to that, that Warriors team in their prime, I'm taking them over the Celtius team.
Speaker 1: Well, you played on that.
Speaker 2: I don't give it. I don't give it. Damn what the nerds say, I don't give it.
Speaker 3: Down with the statistics, the the plus, I don't give a fuck about any of that. I'll take that Warriors team any day. Like I hate when these fucking numbers go all they're better than fuck that, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm taking that Warriors team any day.
Speaker 1: First off, right in the playoffs, that's all the champions exactly.
Speaker 3: Champions Cics team is just still trying to get to their first one. So I'll take that Warriors team regardless of what the nerds say. So that's one thing. But when it comes to uh, Boston finishing out the year, they do have, you know, one of the easier remaining schedule.
Speaker 2: I think they'll continue to just kind of float grew if the.
Speaker 3: Guys are you know, kind of having any knicks or knacks or you know, slight injuries. They also use it's time to get guys one hundred percent healthy going into the playoffs. So I think this Celtic teament is, you know, they're in a perfect place right now with just finishing out the season, going in healthy and having a clear mindset with trying to make this championship run. But when it just comes to the East, you know, on paper and you know, proof of the season right now, you can say Boston is the favorite. Like you can say that, and you can say that with confidence. But on the flip side of things, when it's a Miami Heat floating around, they're always a threat, and you can say that with confidence because it's proof in the pudding. I think the Heat will always be a threat. When you have a guy like Jimmy Butler who's notorious for kind of you know, heating up at the till end of the season, especially going into the playoffs, he becomes another player, and that's one thing you have to respect about a guy like that. When it comes to the playoffs, you want to elevate your game, and he does it time and time again, and he you know, he has a lot of unexpected runs. So the Heat are always a threat. If m B is healthy, if he's able to return, obviously that's a threat. When it comes to Philly, I think they have a great thing going there. And then when it comes to Damian Lillard and Gianni's you just can't ignore those two guys. Like if things work out the way you know they should when it comes to finishing out the season strong with that team and just finding their flow in the chemistry, they are very much a threat. But based off right now the present day, I think Paulston is the favorite. So that's kind of how I'm viewing this.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the Warriors comparison is so interesting because, as you point out, Boston hasn't done it so in terms of like, could you say they're as good a team as the Warriors in their prime? Absolutely not, Like there's no question, but you can't say that yet. It's just about that regular season dominance and sort of what we saw in the Warriors in the West at that time, where it just wasn't even a question they were the team making it to the finals. Like we all knew that at the time. It was just sort of like, yeah, of course. And Boston looks like that right now. They look like a team where they're just winning by so much. They're winning by more than twenty points right now a game. I mean, it's insane. It looks like, yeah, of course you can. You can put them an in to the finals. But as you point out, like there's other teams in the East that at least have some playoff level threats, and if they do play a series against the Bucks in the Eastern Conference finals, Yannis is yanis the best player in that series. I mean, we always say the best player in the series is the team that's favored to win. Would you say Yanis is the best player in that series?
Speaker 2: I could see a one A, one B type situation with Tatum.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously accolade Wise, Yeah, accolade Wise is Giannis, But just on an everyday talent basis, it's a one A, one B when it comes to Giannis and Tatum.
Speaker 2: So yes, and no, you could you could say that. You could say that and you couldn't. That's that's just a hard That's that's a good question. You can never go.
Speaker 3: Into a series with Jason Tatum on the other end of it and say, yeah, the other guy's the best player, Like, that's just hard to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I can see a one one B type situation for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, this is the this is the postseason for Jason Tatum to prove it right. I mean, he is obviously an incredible, incredible talent. He is one of the top stars of this generation of NBA players. He has had some excellent playoff games. I don't want that to get lost. He's had some very very good playoff games. It's like with Chris Paul, like people forget some of the great playoff games Chris Paul played. People forget some of the great playoff games that Jason Tatum has played. But the truth is there have been big moments where he has faltered and they've been have to play from behind in series and things like that. And I think if he can pull off this season, this postseason, you know, being the star that we know that he is playing as consistently as he has all during this season, you know, if they make a run during the playoffs, if they somehow win this title, and then he goes into the summer. I think his contract is going to get signed this summer. We all know that's going to be very expensive. You know, he's going to play on Team USA this summer. That could be a gold medal. I think that this could very much be the stretch, the six month stretch that Jason Tatum sort of proves the doubters wrong. But he has to do it, so we will see if he does it again. I'm always going to pick Denver because they're the champs and they have not shown anything to say that they won't win, and Nikola Yokich has been just a stud again. But Jason Tatum has a chance to really change how people think of him. So I'm I'm I'm ready for it. I think it'd be a great Eastern Conference Finals if it's Bucks Celtics. I think the Doc factor is so much fun. I think the Tatum Jannis sort of you know, very different players, obviously different positions, but but a great comparison and could be fire Man could be really, really really good, and then the finals could be good too. So I don't know. I said I was going to get back to the Clippers. I do have to say, not only have they coughed up a couple of big leads lately, Russell Westbrook is now out surgery to fixate broken hand. Obviously a lot of breaks you could just let heal, so it must have been bad if it required surgery. Now, Russ always has a quick healing timeline. You know, his superhumanness has in terms of how quick he he was at one point in his career, has always also extended to the fact that he heals really quick. But James Harden said it best. I think he said, will miss everything he brings to the game, his athleticism, his energy, his playmaking ability, his leadership. I just think it's a big deal. That that rust is out. What about you? Do you think the impact is a sixth man that he's going to be out for a stretch. I don't know. I think it's I think it's big.
Speaker 3: It is a big thing. I agree with everything James said. Uh, you know, the energy, the leadership, those are contagious. Those those do you know that has more effect on the team than you know sometimes talent. So I agree with James on his statement. But also, let's not forget this Clippers team is loaded. They have so much talent. I'm a big believer in bones Holland. I had an opportunity to uh play with the kid in Denver, super super talented kid. You know, he's kind of been through the ringer, He's kind of in and out of lineups, He's been traded, So I think his mindset has shifted. I think he knows he's now learning how to carry himself. He knows how to be prepared as a pro. He's learning from a great group of guys in LA and this Clippers team. He has Hall of Fame talent in front of him to learn from. So I can I can easily see this becoming a situation where he's now you know, slid into that second unit and being that guy to help keep things to float until excuse me, until Russ comes back. So this is a big I think this can be a big opportunity for him. This is another time for him to continue to grow as a pro and as a player, and I think he this is a chance to just take advantage of his moment. Like I said, the talent is there and now the opportunity is now present himself. So I think he can step in and like I said, keep things afloat for this Clippers team. But uh, you know, moving forward, it could have an effect on this Clippers team chemistry wise. Once Rush returns, obviously, you know he has to get back in the flow of things.
Speaker 2: That's not easy to do.
Speaker 3: Depending on how long he's out, it could be closer to playoff time, so it could get a little, you know, funny for this team. But like I said, talent wise, they have the pieces to fill in that void. But chemistry is going to always be an issue, especially with the time and of it depends on the timing, but it could be an issue.
Speaker 1: Look, I think where they are in the standings is interesting, like in a Western Conference where the top three teams seem to trade every second. I think on whose first two seconds, who's third. The Clippers are in fourth, there's a gap between them and the third place whoever's in third place that day. There's a gap between them and fifth place, which is right now the Pelicans. So I think they've got some squishy room in the standings. They're probably not going to leap up into that top three no matter what. They're probably not going to fall into that five to six spot no matter what. And then in the West right now, because of say the Lakers getting in from the plan, the Warriors possibly getting in for the plan, being in that four spot is not the worst place to be in the first round if you're playing the four or five series. Let's say it's Clippers Pelicans the way it is right now, and by the way, No Orleans has not gotten the credit it should this season either, I think that's kind of a I mean, you played there, you know that. Sometimes the media skips over them, and I just think that what the Pelicans have done has not been noticed or talked about it now. But I will say we talked about the best player, you know, winning a playoff series. The Clippers talent is crazy, and when you look at them versus the Pels in a playoff series, anything can happen, but the Clippers would be the favorites there. So I just think that they have some cushion in terms of if you know, they lose a game or two because they don't have that energy off the bench with Russ. I like your bones Highland prediction. So I hope that it does doesn't affect them because I hate when injuries affect teams anywhere. I think they'll miss him. I think they'll miss him, but hopefully you know, it's not the thing. Injuries shouldn't be the thing that changes a team season. So the Clippers are interesting right now, so I want to see them continue to be interesting. We'll see, all right, Buggy, we got to get to one of my topics. I've been beating the drum on all season, and I apologize you had to be at the other end of this over and over, but I know you agree with me, so that that's something. The sixty five game rule, Man, it is still bothering me. Donovan Mitchell is the latest person we got to talk about. He is a chance to miss out on all NBA. He is now out for quote, at least the next three games could be longer. He has already missed I think thirteen games this season. You can only miss seventeen, so the next three would put him at sixteen, so that margin for error would be almost nothing. Tyre's Halliburton has talked about the fact, and I talked to him for a while at All Star about this that you know he's close to the cutoff now too, by the way, and he said he said, I would have played. I would have taken a game or two more off from the injury he had because he said he needed that time to heal, but he felt so much pressure to make all NBA. We know guys contract bonuses are tied into this, and it's not a little money. It's like thirty forty million dollars in some cases that these guys could lose. And Tyreus was saying to me, he said, yeah, he said, I just I don't have the lift on my shot, especially in the second half of games, because I didn't really get enough time for it to heal completely, which is not what we should be having guys do. And we know with Joelle Embiid, you know who knows if he misses as many games as we expect, if he would make All NBA anyway, just because I mean, at some point he's only played thirty four games so far. At some point that just becomes okay, not his year. But he got hurt because there was so much pressure on him to come back. And you remember the chatter that week and the whole thing about the sixty five games. Gee, he's ducking games in Denver and all the stuff. And I mean he felt this pressure to come back. He's talked about it. That's not like an assumption anyone's made. And he got hurt and the season that he was on a historic pace got wrecked. So again, Donovan Mitchell, to get back to the current player that's being you know, sort of affected by this. Where are you on the fact that what if he plays sixty three games, what if he plays sixty four games, should he not make all NBA?
Speaker 3: Right, I've agree with you fromt them beginning. I think this is a bullshit rule. I'm not in disagreemance was trying to figure out a way to continue to make the game competitive. I do still feel that that's with that being a topic that we have to find a way to make our game competitive. That's bullshit. Well let's take less business out of it and put more to sport back in. I think that changes everything that we're trying to you know, do here, if you want a competitive game, let's totally off the sport and not the business and you'll get the production that you want. But back to the topic, when it comes to this, my biggest thing and my biggest like grievance, when it comes to this, it's a legacy change, and I'm just not okay with that. Guy's put in so much time to this craft and this art and gods strive to be the greatest, and it's taken away from you because you miss more than seventeen games out of an eighty two game season. Like that's fucking ridiculous, Like it really is, and I won't ever be in agreeance with it. I think they need to do. I think they need to go back to the drawing board, try to figure this thing out again.
Speaker 2: I'm even okay with it being a sixty game rule.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, sixty games compared to sixty five just makes more sense. You have a twenty game window, twenty two game window to figure out you know, injuries, time, whatever the case may be. So it just makes more sense. I see, this game doesn't go without our stars, like we need our stars. And to go back to the part of our legacy when it comes to these guys careers ending and we go back to look at, you know, what they did throughout their career, and instead of them being you know, a ten time All NBA or whatever the case may be, they're now a seven because three of the seasons they play sixty four games.
Speaker 2: Like that's bullshit, Like that.
Speaker 1: Takes away Hall of Fame looks at that All NBA stuff. Right, we see Donovan Mitchell play, we know how much of a baller he is. But in twenty years people just look back at the numbers and they might say, oh, okay, this happened a couple of times. Okay, okay, and the money toune. It's not fair. I'm sorry, it's not.
Speaker 3: Yes, guys work too hard for their money to be cut short because of a game or two or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot of things in it that I just don't agree with.
Speaker 3: And like I said, the root of the problem is trying to make the game competitive again. If you want the game or the sport to be competitive, Let the sport be the sport and take less of the business out. Business is going to be business if the sport is booming, So let the sport be the sport and stop trying to put things in place or kind of simulate what you want to happen, or take less defense like that.
Speaker 2: That's not what makes this sport the sport.
Speaker 3: So I think we get back to that part and the understanding of that. I think that eliminates all the issues that we're having when it comes to just the game being competitive in today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we talked about that at the All Star Game, right, the All Star Game wasn't competitive at all. Again, but because you know, there's a lot of factors, and the players wanting to play hard is one of those factors. But part of them wanting or not wanting to play hard is that you give them fifteen sponsorship, you know, obligations in the two days leading up to the game, the game will feel like an afterthought. And you're right about the business of the league. I mean, there's been a lot put forward as important and therefore you are not stressing getting guys on the court playing competitively all the time, and that has to be looked at as much as how many guys are games missing? Games are guys missing because I look at Donovan Mitchell. He hasn't been resting like that whole load man. He hasn't been load managing. He got hurt, and he got hurt, you know in a way that he might end up at sixty three or sixty four games. And I'm a voter and I often use the third NBA All NBA Team to sort of say, okay, guys who didn't play as much because availability is important to me as a voter. So guys who were available for the whole season, guys who put it you know, we're out there and put it on the line the whole season. I am putting them up in the top two teams, and that is making a difference to me. But there are players who are clearly among the top fifteen players in the game. I mean, there's just no question about it. And maybe they played less games that year, but it's still enough. I will put them on my third All NBA team. And I'm not the only one who does this. I know a lot of people other voters sho do this. And it's a way to balance out as you say that legacy stuff, that recognition stuff of saying in this year of Our Lord twenty twenty four, the idea that you know, this guy was one of the top fifteen players in the game, and I just I don't know. Again, this bothers me. Thank you for humoring me again with one of these discussions, Boogie Cousins, you are my friend. I appreciate it all right too. Truth and a lie. I love this segment. Producer Nate and preducer Eric cooked up. We're going to do it every week. If I'm going to throw three stats at you, two of them are true, one is a lie, and I'm just going to put it out there. This one stumped me, so if it stumps you too, no shame because I was completely wrong on this one when I first talked to Nate about it. Here's the three things. See if you can do better than me. Jamar Derosan leads the league in minutes per game. That's fact one or stat one. Stat two is down in Houston. Shanng Gooon leads the league in foul that statue or in Oklahoma City SGA has the most made field goals in the NBA. Which one is a lie? It's hard, right, this one's hard.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think this is hard. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is hard. Okay, Okay, I think I think the lie is the Martyros and leads the league.
Speaker 1: And that's what I said. We are both wrong.
Speaker 2: That's bullshit. It's no way deep Old as leading the league.
Speaker 1: It's true, it's true.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. So I didn't even get it right on the second time. Can you get it right now? Just with these two stats, can you pick out the lie? Is it Shangoon leading the league in fouls or SGA with the most made field goals in the league.
Speaker 2: I don't like being wrong, but I'm gonna go I think a lie. What shit?
Speaker 3: I think SGA has the most goals in the league because he's also the league and scorer in the league, and most of his scoring comes from midies mid range jumpers.
Speaker 2: Am I right or wrong? You're wrong?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I said the same, The lie is that SGA has the most made field goals. He is second. Okay, So there's a little bit of a trick question from our producers, but they got us both. He is second. Yannis has the most made field goals in the league. Wow, I know, I know, I was. I thought to murder Rosen was one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's no way, deebo, oldest ship.
Speaker 3: Then they ask kicked the Chicago right, It's no way.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: They've had a lot of injuries this year, so people who are healthy for.
Speaker 2: Plenty more minutes. So yeah, man, right, I'm proud of you, old man. I'm proud of you. Bro.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll take that bet presented by DraftKings. DraftKings has a bet that is uh, look, there's some long odds in this bet, but it is possible and it's a fun bet. So will Victor Webbin Yama have a quadruple double this season? Now, the odds, as I said, are plus forty five hundred. That means you bet a dollar, if it comes through, you get forty five backs. So just you know, do that to one hundred dollars, do that to one thousand dollars, et cetera. Here is the closest he has come so far. He had a game against Toronto where he was twenty seven fourteen, ten blocks, five assists, so if those assist numbers had gotten up, he would have made it. He had a game against the Lakers where it was twenty seven points, eight rebounds, five blocks, and five steals. That was a little further away. Will you take the bet? Would you put down your money on forty five hundred odds that he will come up with a quadruple double this season? You're dropping a thousand dollars on that, Poky.
Speaker 3: No, I think he will have a quadruple double in his career. I don't think it'll happen this season, though he may have more than one. Yeah, yeah, but I don't think this season.
Speaker 2: I'm away.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait till he's a little more season, and I'm more than confident to bet on that I'm putting.
Speaker 2: I'm putting a nice amount of money down too.
Speaker 3: I hope I'm gonna put a nice amount of money down on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, if the team improves around him too. I mean I lifted listed up the stats of that one game, and the only number that was below double digits was the assist. If his teammates were better than his numbers will go up. So there's a lot of factors there.
Speaker 2: Pretty young, it happens straight young to the Spurs. Please make it happen for basketball.
Speaker 1: Please, are going to have something to say about that.
Speaker 2: No, send him to the Spurs.
Speaker 3: Please, let's basketball fans want and we deserve it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the one I'm rooting for. Yes, yes, we'll see, we'll see. All right, we are not taking the bed DraftKings. I'm sorry, but you know again, keep that up on the board because in the future we'll take the bet. We will. All right, We got to get to a little doom scroll here. We serve the internet so you don't have to. And we got to talk about one of our guys. But Paul Pierce has a new show, The Truth Lounge, just came out. It's on the DraftKings Network. It's on the All the Smoke Productions UH YouTube pagees. You can get it wherever you get your podcast. And uh, Paul was asked, who is the best number one draft pick of the last dozen years? So just you know you can redraft. You're gonna you're gonna see the clip in a minute. You've got the list in front of you. Those of you at home can look the list here. Who do you think, in hindsight is the best number one overall pick at the last dozen years. Here's what pol say, the.
Speaker 4: Top number one picks in the last I said ten years, but let's do twelve years, says twenty eleven to two, thy and twenty three. Who's the best number overall number one pick overall? You got Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, Bennett, Wiggins, town Simmons, Faults, Aton, Zion, Anthony Edwards, k Pablo, Victor Wimen Yama. Who y'all got the best number one picks?
Speaker 5: Going to be the best one? And who's been the best one so far? Who's who you taking number one?
Speaker 2: Number one? Who you taking?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 4: Out of all them?
Speaker 2: I would take?
Speaker 5: Out of all those people.
Speaker 2: Who would you take? I mean a D.
Speaker 5: Kyrie Killers, I'm taking I'm taking it. I'm taking Victor.
Speaker 4: Oh you taking a bit?
Speaker 2: Who are you taking? I'm number one picks.
Speaker 6: I'm taking Victor as well. Well.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean all these picks I would go with. I'll rank him.
Speaker 6: I'll go Victor, I go Victor, A D. Edwards, Kyrie, that's solid, that's solid. I'm going Victor too. And I'll tell you why. We've never seen nothing like this.
Speaker 2: First of all.
Speaker 4: I mean he said records every year. I mean not every year, but every day. With his blocks, with his scoring and rebounding. I mean, in my eyes, I think he defensive player of the year. I mean as a rookie. I don't know if we've ever seen that. I know they're not a great defensive team, but that's not on him. But you cannot score with him in the paint. He's leading the league in blocks.
Speaker 6: Can you be defensive player of the Year from the last place team in the league.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that's a new that's new. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: All right, So they're picking. Are you in on that?
Speaker 2: But I don't know?
Speaker 1: That's not and I agree with them face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: And it's the obviously we can look at Winby see what he's done this season, but it's only based on his His sample size is so small, like compared to guys that have been in the league, you know, a decade, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis. And that's kind of more so what I'm what I'm leaning to.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're talking about Kyrie being a champion, a one time champion. We're talking about Anthony Davis being a one time champion. We talked about these guys being Olympic gold Mellists, all Stars, all NBA, Kyrie having one of the number one sneakers in the you know, in the world when he was you know once when Yeah, and all of those things count. The impact, the marketing, all of that matters when it comes to a number one pick. So I've see when you base it off of talent and projection, we can all sit here and say Wimby, yeah, absolutely, but based off facts and accolades and what's actually happened, I think I lean more so towards Kyrie at this point. And like I said, it's bigger than just you know, the numbers or I'm talking about the impact.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the marketing.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about being a global superstar, also being a champion, hitting one of the biggest shots ever in finals history.
Speaker 2: Like, it's a lot that comes into that.
Speaker 3: Even when it comes to Anthony Davis being a number one pick, coming off a national championship in college, going straight from that to the Olympics, then becoming an Olympic gold medalist, then going to the Lakers, helping them get their first championship in a long time. You know, since the you know Kobe Dad, It's it's not as simple as saying, you know, Winby, and I'm leaning more towards you know, Kyrie Irvin or Anthony Davis in this conversation. And it's really kind of hard to pick between those two because they've been you know, pretty similar and pretty equal when it comes to their careers.
Speaker 2: So uh, definitely not Winby.
Speaker 3: I'm going with eleven or twelve, right, So I'm going going I'm going with twenty eleven or twelve.
Speaker 2: That's that's my stands, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you bring up the final shot from Kyrie. I didn't even think about that, but you're absolutely right. And by the way, it's that Kyrie shot and the Ray Allen shot, at least in my memory of the best shot in when it counted the most in the NBA Finals, And I think the Kyrie one would take it for me because again, that was coming back from a three to one deficit and it was against you know, what was the best team of all time in terms of regular season and all that other stuff. I Mean, I just think that that the weight of that and I was in the building for that Ray Allen shot and it was huge, but you're talking about a much different swing in the series and a much different kind of opponent. So that's a really good point. I didn't think about that. The Anthony Davis factor is huge too, because we know what he's accomplished and we know how good he is. I think Wemby. My prediction on Wemby has been that he you know again, health, we don't know. Maybe his drive changes as he gets more money, although I don't think so. He's really a determined cat there. But I think Wenby will end up being in ten top ten player of all time if things go the way they're going, and then we will look back because I don't think Kyrie Irving is the top ten player of all time. I don't think Anthony Davis is going to end up as a top ten player of all time if Wenby does get there, and that is an if, I understand. But I do think that we will look back and say he was the best one of that twelve year stretch. But I agree with you certainly can't say that now, Aunt Davis, by the way. Anthony Edwards, by the way, should get his due as well, by the way, on that list, because he is such a talent. But but yeah, webin now I'm eventually is maybe my answer.
Speaker 2: And I'm not mad at that statement. I actually agree with that.
Speaker 3: I think out of all these guys, I think, you know, Wemby has the best career. I think he has all the intangibles to do so. And I think that happens quicker if they go and get Trey Young. But you know that's another topic.
Speaker 1: By the way, if they make that trade, We're gonna run back every clip of you say, and I'm sitting invoice.
Speaker 3: I'm sending my GM invoice.
Speaker 1: Do it this. By the way, all right, this next doom scroll, I love this one. This one makes me so happy. Boogie. Mike Miscala NBA VET, hard worker, journeyman, just like us boy cousins. He recently the Internet discovered that Mike Miscala has a linked In profile. Obviously, most professional basketball players do not feel the need to put their resume on the Internet. They're not applying for jobs in the same way most people on LinkedIn are. But he has done it, and by the way, he has moved around a lot. He's played for ten seasons. He's played for seven teams in those ten seasons, He's already played for three teams just this season, so I guess I see they need to update your resume. But look at basketball player, basketball player, basketball player. If you look at the profile here, I don't know. What do you think about him using LinkedIn here?
Speaker 2: Bug?
Speaker 3: I think that's a nice portfolio. Bro, I'm not mad at you. You know, get it, how you live, brag how you want.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 3: I think it's very impressive. I find nothing funny or comical about this. To sit here and be able to say I play for this many professional franchises is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: You know, you know. More power to him, and I think it's dope. I actually do.
Speaker 3: I don't see it being any different than anybody else bragging about their resume of portfolio.
Speaker 2: I think I think he has every right just.
Speaker 1: Saying we have basketball reference for this.
Speaker 2: Wow, go to his you could just go to his LinkedIn. It's even more simple. He's making it easier for the people, like I think he's doing. I think he's going to justice to the people. So I said, more.
Speaker 1: Power he uses it. By the way, he not only like lists his resume, he writes little things on there. He's thanked people in the organization that he just left. You know he's using it. And look, maybe when he's applying for jobs or wants to workplace his post career, because he probably will, he'll just be able to say, look at my LinkedIn page.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I think that's dope. I think it's incredible. I think he's going about it the right way. Take notes, kids, take notes.
Speaker 1: There you go, the Boogey Cousins Seal of approval. All right, friends, you can catch all episodes of Bullyball on the DraftKings Network. You can catch us on the All the Smoke Productions YouTube channel. You can catch us wherever you get your podcast. Don't forget to rate and review us. We like those five star ratings. You can listen to us all through your week. We will be back on Monday. But thank you so much. And I'm writing your name down next to that tree, young trade. Just same, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I need I need my moneys, I need my hands, I need my cut take care of me.
Speaker 1: And you getting your Kentucky eligibility back. We're just gonna put that on the roster for this week.
Speaker 2: Business is booming.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmmmmmmmmm