Speaker 1: It's here.
Speaker 2: We made it top ten second Dates of twenty twenty five, and you know, you know it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: If Jeffrey came into the studio for the intro.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm getting paid extra to do this, right, No?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, okay, yeah, you're contractually obligated to be here with us and have fun. So we're counting down top ten and we're at number ten today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. We'll put half effort into telling you what are you willing to do for someone before a first date? You willing to clean your apartment? Maybe buy a new outfit. I'll break up with your husband. Perhaps, oh Brooke would get that last one some major consideration. But today one of our listeners made a big ask, a request we'd never heard before, telling a guy if he wanted any shot of going out with her, he'd have to do this first. Oh my god, and we could not believe he actually went through with it. You're going to hear it in your number ten second Date update of the year, Enjoy Second Date up Dated. Is it okay to request something on a first date?
Speaker 1: What like a restaurant you like or like.
Speaker 3: Some girls may want to request you pay for the Uber home or guys might request that you split the bill with them, Okay, I always request complete and total anonymity. That's why I wear a Lucha Libre mask when I meet them at the gas station because I will not be sharing my real identity with you, and you have to be okay with you, mysterio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really need to change up that mask because everybody.
Speaker 4: Knows it now.
Speaker 3: The thing is with everybody, everybody has their thing. And our listener Natella not Natella Natella. So she has a request in her dating profile and isn't sure if maybe it caused a problem with her getting another hangout. So let's welcome to the show. Natella.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, it.
Speaker 2: Like it was in your dating profile, it'd be hard to get the first hangout, not a second.
Speaker 3: One literally spelled out.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, there's a part there that you can put your voice prompt and you can record your answers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of just like typing it out, they can actually hear what you sound like the time.
Speaker 1: They're bad.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure that's not the case with not to I'm sure not.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys, tell me the prompt. It says all I ask, is that you And then my answer is all I ask is that you don't have a beard.
Speaker 1: Don't have a beard, no beard, a beard.
Speaker 3: Why even if a guy did have a beard to be liked you, is there a reason? It's very specific.
Speaker 4: I just don't like the beard. I mean kissing a guy with the beard that's done it before.
Speaker 6: And Jeff is literally playing with his beard as he's talking to and just stop to my roommate right now has a like a breakout from making out the guy with a beard. How hard does she push against somebody's face?
Speaker 3: It's not good. Okay, So you don't like being stabbed in the mouth with somebody's facial hair?
Speaker 4: Okay, super uncomfortable. It's not something I'm into. So you know, I asked that the guy who responded please, don't have a beard, and of course the guy who responded has a beard.
Speaker 3: And it goes to show we don't always read. We just say she's wait.
Speaker 2: That's on you then to not go out with them if you don't like the beard, because you can see his picture right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I did ask him if he wanted to go out with me, if he could shave it off, and he actually shaved it off.
Speaker 5: Wo wow.
Speaker 3: When I brought that up, I was kidding.
Speaker 1: Most guys takes forever to grow a beard.
Speaker 3: So that was the request that you made of him before your date started, is you cannot have a beard when we meet up. And he actually did it.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 3: Were you able to recognize him? You know, what's his name?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: I was actually pretty impressed that he even did it.
Speaker 3: Know, women use don't get to say over a man's entire like look and appearance and wardrobe until like a year or two into the relationship earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do it a little bit more subtly than you realized. Then finally a year later, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, everything's changed, everybody now.
Speaker 3: The fact that he did that before the date even started, that that speaks a.
Speaker 1: Lot right for him liking you.
Speaker 3: So what else happened on the day?
Speaker 4: Yes, So we continue to talk about my profile because he did mention another part that I have on there, and what it says is dating me is like having a human version of a Golden Retriever. I'm always happy to see you. I will smother you with attention and affection, and once in a while I nimble.
Speaker 3: All right, so I guess a lot of the date was talking about your dating profile.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we did talk a lot about my profile, and he didn't really get to see a lot of pictures of me because you're allowed to put six pictures, and I actually ended up putting five of the same exact picture.
Speaker 1: I would think if.
Speaker 2: I saw that on a dating map, I'd be like, Oh, why.
Speaker 1: Do you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys do like a little mystery. Sometimes girls say a little too much on their profiles.
Speaker 2: Okay, so did he concliment you on how you looked when he met you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said he really liked my dress and he was really impressed with how long my hair was. I guess you couldn't tell.
Speaker 5: Him that it was one picture.
Speaker 3: Okay, please tell me you were the same output from that picture. Well, he just shaved his beard, so hair length is very top of He's like, so long, you got to keep yours off. Just take forever to grow that. Okay. Aside from all the physical stuff that we've been talking about, did you have a good personal connection with Michael? Like, what did you guys actually do?
Speaker 4: So? Yeah, we went to grabbed some wine at this really nice spot I know about and we talked about paddle boarding and pharmacies. Pharmacies, we talked about our favorite ones, because not all of them are nice.
Speaker 1: That's true, you know that's true. The one by my house, the shelves were literally empty. It's so weird this place. It's really weird, Like it's more of a conversation starter than people.
Speaker 3: All the guys are buying up all the shaving equipment so there's nothing less so that they can go out with Mattella here. I'm surprised he's not calling you back because most of our pharmacy centric dates that we've had before on the show, they always work out.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: So, how did you and Michael leave it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I asked him. I said, hey, like you don't want to let me give you my Golden Retriever a little nibble?
Speaker 1: Is that what you meant when I.
Speaker 4: Brought my nose on his cheek and he didn't like it?
Speaker 3: He didn't like, What what's wrong with this guy?
Speaker 1: Did you really do that? I thought she was joking?
Speaker 4: Well, I asked him. I said, do you want me to give you the Golden Retriever? And I thought you would like it? But he didn't. Think he was cute at all, I shared him.
Speaker 1: I guess you were like trying to do an inside joke thing. It just fell yeah, untunately. Was that the only like awkward moment.
Speaker 4: Not that I could think of, but there could have been.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see what he has to say when we call him. I don't know if he's going to pick up, but if he does, we're going to ask him some very important questions.
Speaker 1: A golden Retriever, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of like I can't do a golden Retriever though in my Lucha libri masks, so I have to figure out a different golden Retriever move I can roll. Let's figure that out when we come back and call Michael for your second date update right after this second date update. It's the question every man is dying to hear at the end of a first date. So you want me to give you the Golden Retriever and she rubs her wet nose all over your son.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to get labbordoodledead.
Speaker 3: But that's what our listener Natella actually did on her first date with a guy named Michael. It was supposed to be like a playful, humorous thing because in her dating profile, she describes herself as a human Golden Retriever.
Speaker 1: And I mean, when you said it like that, it sounds funny. It sounds like a funny moment.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It kind of sucks that he didn't take it very well.
Speaker 3: We don't know. The nose rubbed move could be the reason Michael's been a little avoidant. But Brooke, you're usually rubbing stuff in the first five minutes of meeting your guy. Is there anything else stand out to you?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could honestly be that you only put one picture up on your hinge.
Speaker 1: Account and so I mean it could backfire. Yeah, maybe you just weren't what he was expecting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's expecting a black lab and got a Golden Retriever. What do you think of that, Natella, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I really scared him a little bit with my nose kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that that should be fine. I think if you would go, actually you would never mind.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe he just doesn't have a good sense of humor and then you don't want to date him, and.
Speaker 3: It would be like what, you're a dog.
Speaker 4: I'm a wall.
Speaker 3: Maybe he has intimacy issues, and that was too fast. But it doesn't kiss till the third date. It went a little bit quick.
Speaker 1: There are guys that do not get there's nose rubbing it.
Speaker 3: Maybe in his mind it's like a.
Speaker 1: Bunt to me. And so if we're going to do a baseball I.
Speaker 3: Think it's weird. Everybody has different standards when it comes to physical touch and intimacy. So let's call him. We'll see if he answers and will pick his brain a little bit. Okay, and I don't mean that sexually brooked, So get there, all right? Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Michael Yeah speaking? Hey man. My name is Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeff Free in the Morning, and the whole show is here.
Speaker 1: What's good morning. We heard a little bit about a date you went on.
Speaker 5: Oh uh, this is kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Brooke coming on a little bit strong, already scaring him. We heard about your dating life, so we hunted you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're supposed to say how are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like normal people. But look, Michael, we're doing a segment on our show. It's called a second date Update. I don't know if you've ever heard of that. Before.
Speaker 5: Actually I think I have heard of that, but like a podcast or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really popular.
Speaker 1: We have a good podcast.
Speaker 3: Well if you know who's doing that podcast, let us know so we can do a see some desist because that's.
Speaker 1: Not ok yeah, probably talking about.
Speaker 3: Our one point. Okay, but I'm calling you because one of our listeners said that she went out on a date with you and hasn't had a follow up since then, and she's kind of bummed about it. Wants to know if there's a reason I'm talking about Natella.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I see where this is gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, remember it's going to where you explain why you haven't called her hopefully.
Speaker 5: Well look, I'm not sure much she told you guys, but it got a little weird.
Speaker 3: The dog thing what yeah? What what about? It was weird to you because when we heard it, it all sounded very very normal, and there was some humor mixed in.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I just heard someone say about the dog thing, so very a little bit of I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she told us that she likes to joke about herself as being like a human version of a Golden retriever.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because she.
Speaker 1: Can't be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys have no idea we're talking about the Golden Retrievers in general, because it was on a profile and out of nowhere. She puts her nose on the edge of her wine glass and starts lapping her wine like like if it was like a dog.
Speaker 2: She was putting her tongue in the wine, reached the wine in the glass if they filled it a good bill.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a nice bar.
Speaker 5: There's more though, So after that, I was already a little weirded out, and she's like, I want to play a game, So I was like, sure, why not. She's like, you have to guess how much I like you, and she starts panting, like panting like a dog.
Speaker 2: And that was the indicator of how much she liked you, is how much she was panting.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what the answer was, but she just like panted harder, so I don't know, maybe that means she liked me more.
Speaker 3: It was her tail wagging too behind her, like I don't understand, Like how far did this Golden Retriever joke go?
Speaker 5: Well, there was another weird part, which was basically, she like put her wet nose into my cheek and I don't even know how it knows got wet.
Speaker 3: See that that was the part that we had heard, and we thought it was good.
Speaker 1: That's good though, because the wet nose, it does indicate she's healthy.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's in good health.
Speaker 1: She told us that she knew that was a regrettable moment for her.
Speaker 5: I thought she was going to pull out a leash.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she took the golden retriever joke a little bit too far. But the I don't think that should take away from the connection that you guys had because well, I mean, yeah, I was she a good girl. She said that she liked him. I can't hear her painting on the other line, so I don't know how much exactly. But she is waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: No, I forgot to tell you. She's listening on the other on the other phone. Now tell her, are you there?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: Coming in pretty normal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you're a little embarrassed.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have.
Speaker 3: Ntella. He was saying that you maybe took the Golden retriever stuff a little bit too far for his liking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he also didn't tell you that we had a really good connection, Like we talked about paddleboarding a lot. And remember our conversation about the pharmacies, Michael, it's that great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, look, there was good parts of our conversation him. It's just other parts were like significantly weirder.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you thought was weird. I'm guessing from what I'm listening is that you thought the doc thing was weird. But you have to understand, Like where I'm coming from, Golden Retrievers they're like sweet and they're loyal, and you know they're playful.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever says I look at that hot gold Retriever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we'll think about this like, you can't have a Golden Retriever without the girl. You can't have a girl without the Golden Retriever.
Speaker 5: You see.
Speaker 1: Are you saying that you're always a dog?
Speaker 4: It's my profile, Michael, It's what it says on there.
Speaker 3: I have to live it up memory profile.
Speaker 1: So you're not willing to back down on the dog stuff.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even know how to back down. I am a Golden Retriever, That's who I am.
Speaker 3: She's learned SI stay, but not back down as one of the commands yet. So okay, the kind of see would more than she takes. She takes it very very seriously.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like kind convenient. It's like a girlfriend and a pet all wrapped up in one.
Speaker 3: You can eat peanut butter together on the couch. Is that something that would be appealing to you, Michael in a relationship, because if it is, we would offer to pay for another date with Natella? Or actually, maybe I should ask her first, Natilla, is that something that you'd be up for?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I would, Jesus girl, that is not public? Do we have a gift cardoon? What's going where you can bring your.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Natella, are you a furry? Do you do that?
Speaker 4: I'm very well groomed.
Speaker 5: If you're asking, that's.
Speaker 3: The question, but I'm afraid to ask you anything else. We'll pay for this like pen control right now. Yeah, we will funds this new date if you want to do it. Michael, would you care to bark back your approval to her?
Speaker 5: Yes, guys, I guess be really honest. I don't know if our weirds are matching up.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good way to put it.
Speaker 1: Alexis gets you.
Speaker 3: That's just gonna make her want to chase after him even more.
Speaker 4: Hey, Michael, I'm like so turned on right now. Oh God, because.
Speaker 3: I think we all got a guess plan Mattell. I think it's a no this time.
Speaker 4: It might be a no right now, but wait till he sees me tomorrow, it's gonna be a yes.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow. Was gonna have a newspaper in her mouth.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Man, they say that there's somebody out there for everyone, and this call just makes me wonder.
Speaker 5: Is there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, are you sure?
Speaker 3: Because I'm scared for what guy matches perfectly with that?
Speaker 1: Oh there's a dogcatcher out there. That was strange.
Speaker 2: Ya, Like, I don't want to be a judge because everybody's into their own things and stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's just like, maybe you stick within that community.
Speaker 2: That's also I think the same You may date within the community that understands what.
Speaker 3: You like behaving like a dog most of the time. Yeah, I just know I've never recoiled more than when she said I'm well groomed if that's what you're I know, not even close to the question that I was asking.
Speaker 1: It's something I could never actually say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love you want him to be into it because I want to hear an argument between them when they start growling at each other. Oh God, it calls like these that made me think God is going to do another biblical flood soon and start the human race over from scratch. We're getting to that point just about the dogs, so we're right.
Speaker 1: Which was a dog.
Speaker 3: But you know, if you ever want some help with your dating life, with your love situation, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates. They're up on podcasts where you get yours. A Brook and Jeffrey