Speaker 1: Let's mock it up and talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. It's time to get our mock draft on. It is b Joey Pa Joe pie Zapia and today we're going to have a ten team head to head roto categories mock live just for you, as we promised. All week and next week we've got some amazing things going on too, because we've got four hours of Fantasy Baseball goodness, because it's time for Fantasy Fast. So if you haven't already, make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. We just hit ten thousand subscribers. We're big time now, that's what we are, and speaking a big time, We've got an incredible draft for you today. We've also got two incredible guests and our listeners joining us, which is awesome. Where the people show. That's what we always are. So the Welsh always here contractually obligated to hang out.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, you said we have two guests. Wait, am I a guest?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 1: You're I still treat you well? So you're a guest like de Bro I mean to him because you know I see him all the time you I still treat like a guest because you know, I don't know why you don't treat me that great.
Speaker 2: Joe, Now, i'll give yourself that much credit.
Speaker 1: You treat me that great, well, I'll treat our guests then our real guest. You're like a pseudo guest. But I mean John Legaza from the Athletic. You can follo him on the Twitter machine at John Legaza. John feels like one of my Italian cousins all the time who just comes over for draft season. And John, I know you are crazy this time of year. We appreciate you coming on. So how many mock drafts have you done this year?
Speaker 3: Well? Right, why mock when you could burn actual money? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you go.
Speaker 3: If I always live in six gears, So yeah, I'm definitely ready. I have my drafts done. Is now in the triple digits.
Speaker 1: Easily, let's go. Let's go. So again, just to lay it out for everybody, it's ten teams, proto categories, and we have our listeners joining us from our discord which you can join as well. It's free fantasybros dot Com slash chat, So go join our discord. You're looking for leagues if you're looking for people to just talk baseball with, it's where we pull out of these guests that come on the show with us to do these mock drafts. So seven of our listeners are going to join us today. We got mister Buster, we got Kelly Kirby, We've got Johnny Quest. J Ful Medal is gonna join us. We love Jay, one of our favorite peanuts and cracker Jacks. Who else do we have here? Florin, We've got the Mailman, We've got C. S. Chomer. I'm like the showmer from the show Me State. I can only assume we've got one catcher. We've got all the infielders. We've got corner middle spots, four outfielders, two utility spots, and then two mandatory sp RP and the rest are all just picture spots with six bench. So that's what's gonna go on today. I'll be drafting from the one spot we were supposed to draft from the bottom of this draft that did not happen today. We screwed up. So Chris, our producer, is already mad at us. We're gonna try our best to not embarrass ourselves the rest of the time. John Z be drafting from the two spot, Welsh from the four. So, gentlemen, let's start our engines and ladies and gentlemen. We've got a great group here today. Before we get going to just a quick reminder, we're gonna be giving away that Fantasy Pros Premium sub. We're giving you another one too, now, John, I know you just had lunch, but it's not that kind of sub. It's a subscription to Fantasy Pro's premium. So the winner that we're gonna give is uncle Ted Talks. So Uncle Ted Talks. Congratulations, you won, So get in touch with us at Customer Support over at mail Bag at Fantasypros dot com. So hit us up again mail Bag at Fantasypros dot com to claim your prize. Uncle Ted Talks. Welsh's gonna do a Ted Talk on hairstyles because his hair was incredibly high.
Speaker 2: What was that I heard? By the way, this hatred? What was it that somebody said? Repeat what they said?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, I wasn't going on hatred. I thought it was funny. They said, Oh, my favorite Joey p and Don King, and your hair was incredibly high yesterday. It was awesome. I'm super jealous of it. John's got pretty good hair as well. Yeah, so jealous of that. But we're not just giving away one for uncle Ted Talks. We're giving another one away soon. So if you haven't already, make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB, make sure you drop comments in the chat below, and just like that, you could win a premium subscription to Fantasy Pro. So go check that out again again, uncle Ted Talks hit us up. Let's go.
Speaker 3: So let's lee in America, only in.
Speaker 1: America, maybe America. That's right. This mock draft is gonna be seen by so many millions of people today.
Speaker 3: It's line.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm gonna make this easy. We'll start the draft here and kick things off. Everybody knows where I'm gonna go here, And yes, the draft wizard is probably gonna yell at me. It's gonna tell me take Aaron Judge and I'm not going to. It's gonna tell me to take Ron Dakunya and I'm not going to. It might even tell me to take Trey Turner and I'm not going to because everybody knows I'm gonna take Julio because Julio, to me, is the best power speed combination. I think the batting average is gonna be there. I think everything is going to be there across the board, and I feel best about his potential for a thirty thirty season more than anybody else on the board. In the more shallow league, I would consider taking Trey Turner, but instead I'm gonna kick things off with Julio and pass things off to my good friend Johnny ro Beef, John Legaza. Johnny, Oh, are you taking at the two spot here? I'd given you the board.
Speaker 3: He actually threw me off a little bit because generally it's one of those two players when I'm all the we up top. For me, it's usually format dependent. Five by five is usually Acunya for the steals. Though the more I look into Judge, he led the universe in everything last year. But since are of the steals, I think I'm gonna go Acuna, because man, it's funny. If you love Julio.
Speaker 1: Against make your pick there you go.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I got I have a Kunya. I think he's the strongest pop for forty forty. As much as I like Julio, I just think I think Acuna is what we want Julio to be in twenty four months or twelve months, so I mean they're both great. You really can't lose.
Speaker 1: And shout out to all of our peanuts and Crackerjacks who are watching the live stream and who are participating in the draft today a reminder, we've got thirty second clock, so this is gonna move, so keep your cues filled at all times. Make your pick then you could talk about it. Don't get past over because then who knows what grade you're gonna get. Aaron Judge goes to mister Buster over at one o three. Another one of our face everts here who always enjoys interacting with us, with us over on the YouTube channel. Remember, Leading Off starts up again in just two weeks where we go live every single day talking all things fantasy. We'll get dfs, we're gonna do wagering, we do all of it, all things MLB. Leading Off every single day, Welsh, you're gonna come up on your pick now at one oh four, who'd you take? Well?
Speaker 2: I went with the Jose Ramirez and funny enough, if you check out NFBC March first on for Draft Champions, there are actually only three players that went number one overall, which I think is surprising. Aaron Judge, Ronald Decunya, and a guy that had passed on Trey Turner. Those are the only three players since March first, and all draft champions that have gone one overall. But in the shorter format, I kind of like the value of getting the best third basement off the board because I know I'm still going to be able to get a really good shortstop. I'm covering the stolen bases. I do have Trey Turner higher, but I don't know. At four here, this felt a little bit better just shoring up my third basement with similar stats. Getting a little bit more here and I'll get one of my short stops a little bit later. Our boy Willia Domis or something like that.
Speaker 1: Joe, I gotta tell you, if I was at one oh four, I'd be taking Jose Ramirez as well. I even thought about taking him at one oh one because I feel like I agree one hundred percent in the shorter format, you might have a little bit of ease here with the outfield. Now, we do have four outfielders and two utility spots in this draft too, so you are going a little deeper to offset the fact that it's ten teams. Trey Turner goes all the Way at one six to Johnny Quest and then Jay full Metal It Takes One Soda at one oh seven, Bookie Bets at one oh eight, Jordan Alvarez at one oh nine. John I want to ask you about Alvarez real quick here. Let's talk about it, because Alvarez with the hand issue, says he going to start swinging the bat. That all seems to be moving in the right direction. But do you have any concerns long term about this hand issue coming up for him maybe again during the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, of course I do one because we sort of greatly impact him in August. Right again, he's on the shortest list for best hitters in the universe, and it totally hampered him throughout August. My issue is that it's something that we're supposed to get better with rest, that didn't need surgery, and he just had three months of rest to four months of rest and he wasn't able to pick up a bat yet Now it's oh okay, he could swing. Now, what did that eight days really do in the grand scheme of things? So we also know when he came back he was excellent. So it's gonna be all about plainy appearances. And I think if he still can get him to five twenty five, he still has a chance to return value. But I'm certainly worried where I thought he was in the case for the top five picks. Really he's right behind Judge minus a few steels, so I'm worried. I'm not taking him at seven anymore, if that's what you mean like high stakes drafts. I'm not tak him at seven, but I'm not letting him pass me at thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay. Also, just want to remind everybody, of course, we're using our multi user draft software over on Fantasy Pros. It's available in the Draft Wizard. Go download the app now, or go head over and run some mock drafts with some other live people. If you don't want to use the simulator, Fantasybros. Dot COM's last Draft Wizard. But again that everybody uses the app. The app is cool. Go download the app there. Continuing on with the draft, here we have after Alvarez at the turn Showy Otani at one to ten, and Corbyn Burns goes next after that, Manny Machada at two o two, Mike Trout at two oh three, Vlad Guerrero at two o four. Great value there, he seems to be going the right direction health wise. Freddy Freeman doing with an injury at two o five, Bobby Wit to our friend Kelly Kirby at two o six, and the Welsh is up again at two oh seven. Where you going, Welsh? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I really wanted Freddy Freeman, but I'm not do I want to do this. You know what, We're gonna do this in a shorter format. I'm gonna knock in Garrett Cole here. Boba Schett is who I was thinking about. Freddy Freeman I was dreaming about. I usually don't take two round starting pitchers, but again, we're in a ten team. I feel like I have a little bit more flexibility. I like some of the first basement on the board. Fernando Tatis is almost who I took here. But I just feel like I can mix around a little bit and getting top players at their position, top tier players, if you will, Garrett call not usual typical one, but ten team. They're still great hitters out there, and I'm just shoring up that rotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would have taken tattoos. He went and then after mister Busser took him, the other guy, Mike, you went to John Pete Alonzo. Let's talk about him, John, Will I make my picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the Pete Alonzo pick is as much about the acuon you pick. Had I gone with Judge and the pure power, I might have gone with someone with more speed, maybe like up a shut But given you know I had the balance right at least I hope, but a Coon you, I think I could go with more pure power in Alonzo. Now, man, you know there's so many different ways to go. I think I'm gonna go with Jacob de Gram light and I'm gonna go with Spencer Streider. Who I there, you go probably right behind the Grom as far as impact on a per inning basis, we saw. I think he finished inside the top twenty sp on one hundred and thirty one or thirty three innings if I'm not mistaken. So if we can get one hundred and sixty five or seventy Strider, I'm a little bit surprised we haven't heard about him finishing in the first round.
Speaker 1: But well, I'll tell you what will, I'll tell you what Spencer Strider. You know people asking me the question they've seen me on other mock drafts where I take him as my number one SP. I have no problem with Spencer Strider as a number one SP. I'd rather have him than de Gram at this point in their respective careers. And you make a great point, this is a player on a per inning basis that's giving you just incredible productivity. I think Alcondra also just doesn't get enough respect for his durability in the last couple of years too, and how good he's been. Back of the turn at two ten and two and three ZHO one, I took Austin Riley and Bob Baschett, taking care of some infield there. I think Bashett was a great win there. It was between Devers and Riley. I took Riley, better team again, better offensive ecosystem, if you will. Strider goes next to John than Raphaeld, Devers to mister Buster. Then the Welsh you went to the first base well at three h four, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually why Pete Alonzo was heavy on my short list in that second round, but I thought I could not get him to get Paul gold Schmid to come back, so That's why I pivoted. My short list was Alonzo Tatis, Bishett and Garrett Cole. But now I'm gonna walk out of the first three rounds with one of the top first basemen, one of the top third basemen, and one of the top SP's. I feel like in a ten team, this is the type of advantage of getting the elite players near the top and not freaking out too much, especially with taking a starting pitcher in the second round, because values are just gonna keep going here. So I'm ecstatic to get Paul Goldschmidt, and I probably would have pivoted to even taking Devers had he still been there. Even though I have a third basement and Jose Ramirez, I wouldn't be able to pass it up. But Goldie love it.
Speaker 1: There he goes. So Goldie goes to Welsh with three oh five. Then Kelly Kirby takes Francisco Lindor three to oh, excuse me, three or four. Welsh gets Goldschmid three oh five, Francisco Lindoor three zero six, Nolan Aronado goes to Johnny Quest, then Jay takes Sandy al Contra here to be talking about a Randyo Rose Arena great power speed combination outfielder at three to oho, eight to floor. Then Al Tuve goes to the mail man at three zero nine. At the turn at three ten Aaron Nola, Shane Bieber. Two pitchers. Lots of pitchers there at the bottom board there, so we'll see what the Schomer's got. Max Schurzer goes next to four oh two. As we continue to look at this pitching run here. Now it's starting to happen a little bit. So Welsh, are you targeting pitching on the way back here or are you gonna let it go and keep pounting on offense.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at and I'm looking at a certain player that might happen. Just letting everybody know my Randy Rose Arena was the guy that I really wanted though, and that kind of bummed me out that he went there. I thought I could maybe sneak him back because the one thing I've been pounding the table about is outfield and haven't taken one again ten team. But there's a couple really good value players and one is of a risk. We'll see if he makes it back to me. If I don't get the starting pitcher that I'm alluding to who just went Jacob de Grom. That was the player I would have taken.
Speaker 1: To make that decision.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna pivot. Yeah, I think I'm gonna pivot to a position player and I'll tell you when we get there who it is. And then I think fifth round, I might be looking at sp So that's my tentative plan right now, the strategy as.
Speaker 1: We lay it out. So yes, Marcus Simeon goes after sers Aer at four oh three, four oh four, Jacob de Grom, and then Kyle Schwarbert four oh five. Killy Kirby's on the clock at four oh six. So hopefully she'll stick it to you, because that's typically what Kelly does. She's very smart. Yeah, she's gonna probably take the person you want. She took Matt Olsen, so certainly somebody on my queue. First base is rough. Make sure you get your first basement. So Welsh, where do you go next?
Speaker 2: She left a couple people on the board. This is actually a pretty tough decision. Man, I don't know how there's someone I want. I'm curious at how long I can let slide if it's going to be possible. But we're gonna do this. I think this is a pretty decent slide. This is a roto, This isn't a points I'm gonna snap up Michael Harris here at thirty seven with the stolen bases. I think this is a crazy good value, even though there's a couple of people I wanted to draft here, and this is my first outfielder, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Speaker 1: And so obviously you have confidence that Michael Harris can repea an incredible rookie performance because it was incredible. I don't want to say it came out of nowhere, but certainly exceeded expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm worried about the walk numbers. I think you should be, because I think that leaves him a little bit like less versatile if he struggles. But he put up big power speed numbers. He's gonna hit at the top of one of the best offensive lineups in baseball. So those things aren't in question. It's just when you don't walk a whole bunch, you're taking a little bit off the table for yourself if you go through big struggles, and he really didn't last year, So that is the worry about him. But you know, again, this is a twenty twenty potential that I'm getting in the fourth round here.
Speaker 1: Okay, after that mister buster took Verlander, who I was putting on taking. Did not happen, John, you took Jazz Chisholm. So let's talk about him at four h nine. Certainly a player with enormous upside, but maybe more downside than people realize. What do you envision for him in twenty twenty three in terms of ups and downs? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, a roll across the ride, which is so exciting. Man, give me all the blue hair. It comes out to formats. You know, I play enough formats and do enough drafts that sometimes if you're a little too strict, like I am, high stakes a reno from time to time. Joey, you clipped me, Man.
Speaker 2: Just such a dirt such a d just to stop your analysis, John, jo cause.
Speaker 1: The drafts so you can hurt back me.
Speaker 2: Such a draft specifically, Shane McClanahan was everything I wanted on the planet.
Speaker 1: What a dirt bag? Well, I mean, this is the plus of doing a shorter, more shallow league is you know, when you're at the turn, you can double up. I'm going to resume things here. I want to make sure you got your shots in on me. But yes, after chishom went, I did take Woodroff and McClanahan, much to the chagrin of the boys. Edwin Diaz was also in my realm, but Welsh knows that's more of a Welsh pick, less of a Joey p pick. I kind of stay away from the closers. I take my time there, especially in a more shallow league, even with the mandatory RP spots, because look, woodrofro McLanahan two very good pictures, but certainly physical concerns as well. Woodroff has missed time in every season and last year McClanahan dealt with some injury issues too, So there's risk here. But I feel like I got two potential aces here to go along with Julio, Bobaschett and Austin Riley. Is a pretty good offense. So now that you've got Chisholm, you're back on here. You went catching here, so talk to me John about why a catcher in the shallow league with real muto first off the board, but it is fun a shallow league for you.
Speaker 3: In my younger years, I would have never made a pick like that, and I wish Sugar Shane fell, But I would say this, even in shallow leagues, getting six hundred and north of that six twenty five, six fifty quality plate appearances from a catcher is still a way to differentiate yourself and create separation from the field. It is true catcher does kind of become a glove, and I do think it's even deeper than it's been in past years. That said, I don't think the field has caught up to jtr will Smith. I'm not sure if you have varshow pencils in there. Some people think he could see the two hole in Toronto, and again for every spot in the battle order you move up, you get an extra thirty five pas forty five pas, which would tip the scale. I wanted to lock that up, though I really wanted either McLanahan or Woodriff, if I could just go real quick on both those guys. Because you've mentioned injuries, I'm not worried Woodriff. The tunnel syndrome is really not something that should worry him. He went to like a biomechanicist and they worked on his his mechanics to kind of ease where the stress was. And you saw him dominate afterwards like pure It was pure domination. So they're looking forward with the new kind of delivery system that that shouldn't be an issue. And then to McLanahan, I know people a little bit worried about that arm thing. At the end of the year. I went checked it out. He threw his quite literally his very best fastball after returning ninety nine with all the V move, all the H move that we were looking for. He's the man. I think people are kind of selling him short. If we hadn't seen him pitch, I would get it. We saw him pitch. He looked great. He looked great in the playoffs. Wheels up for sugar.
Speaker 1: Mclann you know, look great today. I was watching just before we came on the show with Justin Verlander. He was absolutely yeah healthy just now of if you guys caught that at all. I think he struck out six guys at one point out of the seven batters he faced. I mean, I know it's you know, not always facing the top tier guys, but best shape of your life. Justin Vernlander, I think actually is just watching him pitch right now, he looks fantastic. So I wanted him you got me, mister buster. Mister Busser turned back around the fifth round and took Edwin Diaz at five ozho three. Then Welsh you took Corey Seger at five oh four. We've been talking quite a bit about what Corey Seeger's potential is without that dramatic shift in place, and you're investing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was the guy I was thinking about even in the previous round, just because I wanted to shore up and get him. But gonna you know, one of the most shifted players really low Babbitt last year. All things gonna work in his favor. A team that definitely has some offensive support that is led by him. He is just one of those guys I'm trying to get on every single team. And one of the things I like about this build, though there's a little bit of volatility with Michael Harris. I've got really good batting average. I've got kind of stolen bases across the board that I can afford a guy like Seeger. And I've said it with shortstop, I just don't like the bottom end of what happens with short stop. Even though everyone's like, oh, it's deep, it's not. It's it's a completely different tier of players that you're risking. I don't feel any risk with Corey Seeger. So I've got everybody but my second base locked up as far as my middle infield goes all right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of guys to do everything, five oh five, Cedric Mullens goes to Kelly Kirby. Of course, you know, the smartest person in the room most days, especially any room that Mike Mayer's in. Ah See, Mayor's not even here, and I still got to dig in Mike Mahyer. I love you Mike. Guys. By the way, Mike just had another a child, a young daughter, So congratulations there, may and daddy of two now, which means he's gonna have a hard time keeping up with all the fantasy leagues he's in. Let's continue on here. Luis Robert goes to Johnny Quest at five oh six, Then Dylan Cees at five oh seven, Zach Wheeler five o eight, Emmanuel Calasse at five oh nine. Ah, this one makes me mad well. At the turn, Corbyn Carroll goes off the board. I don't get Corbyn Carroll.
Speaker 2: I know this is what I was gonna do. Coming back on hundred thousand percent. I was taking Corbyn Carroll coming back.
Speaker 1: So and then dance our show sixh one, so Chalmer making up for lost time here going with all the current and former Diamondbacks on that roster. Then Christian Haave are right out of my que and onto the Mailman's team at six zh two, Julio Urias at six 'zh three. Another guy from the Joey PQ Ozzie Albi's at six oh four. It is always tough to go against our p nuts and crackerjacks. This team is prepared at all times. It's a great crew over here, and we want you to join us and be part of it. At Dolas Garcia h six five to Johnny Quest. Kelly then comes around and takes Kevin Gossman at six six the Welsh You're on the clock at six oh seven.
Speaker 2: What do you got a lot of pieces of my queue here? Ozzy Albis was at the top, Julio Urius was the next. I also have Kevin Gousman, but I am gonna jump into this. You said I like to have more consistent closers and Josh haters still on the board in the sixth round. Is just a great deal. So I'm gonna get my first closer, even though I only have one sp I just see a lot of depth because remember it's ten teams, there's so much more depth. I prioritize kind of top tier across the board than trying to make sure I fill out this entire starting pitching core because we're just gonna have so many better player. Our s p twos and threes are going to just be exponentially better than most of the mock drafts we do because it's ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true unless somebody you know goes and keeps taking two pictures at a clip at the turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some monster says so.
Speaker 1: George Springer goes at six o eight, Jiohnny boy takes Lowi's Castillo at six poh nine. John, Let's talk about this starting picture and your expectations for him in twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that big pitching kind of blob that everyone was so in love with because it was going so late is now like you know the Creep Show movie, it's creeping near the end of the wait there, you know what I mean, jump up and grabbles and where a guy like Javier might have fallen to me three weeks ago, or a month ago that's now gone. So Castillo to me really represents the last of the kind of aces. I know, he's not a one eight ah right, I'm not going to argue these Corbyn burns, but I do think he's everybody as good as the guy's going there. And I think something that we're showing the listeners out there is, you know, those cues go from kind of fat to kind of skinny really quick. And as much as we like to wait and shallow league this and shallow league that prioritize. And even though it's a mock, I'm already a little upset because I think I could have maybe passed on Jazz for McClanahan, who again, I put my money where my mouth is. He's my al Cy Young pick. I have money on him for the for the Award. I just think he's everything, like you know, everything that he was made in a limb.
Speaker 1: Make your next pick here, gonna give you time to think about it. And the great thing is when you have the Draft Wizard and you have the premium tools of Fantasy pros, it tells you those things like, hey, the guy picking a half, he doesn't have a picture yet, so you might want to take one now, and you probably loop around and take Jazz Chisholm. Those kind of insights are exactly the kind of software that we have here. Again, it's part of our Fantasy pros package here. With our premium subscription, you get all kinds of bells and whistles to the draft assistant with sink that goes right to your draft. So that's stuff that John's talking about. No regrets, You don't have to worry about those things because we tell you exactly what's going on and where those picks should be made and who's got what on which team, and those kind of insights are super important. I went ahead and took Alec Manoa at six ten, and then Eloi Jimenez at one, my boy ELLOI and Alex Bregman then goes to John at seven oh two. I think that's a tremendous value. John and I both taking hitters. I think that are really due for good twenty twenty three seasons. What are your thoughts on bregnant one?
Speaker 3: I love, I actually absolutely love Alex Bragman. I wonder if it's a narrative thing with the whole cheating thing he's he's been great. He's been great and even gone through some injuries. And again, I think something you speak about a lot. We kind of bang guys for not being gamers, for missing games, and then if they play, we don't get one hundred percent. We're not happy with that either. So I think Bregman is infinitely talented. It's a fantastic context. Third base is a bit shallow. I went Alonso over Riley, so I really didn't want to fall back to where I'm punting, punting, pumping third because it can't get ugly late. I'm not saying it may not be as bad as some people painted as the pick I really liked, and he is task for Henandaz.
Speaker 2: That wasned I Budaly got pissed because I got sniped on him.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Welsh outfielder demand would move. I'm curious what you guys think. I had Derek Hardy in my show, and I had him kind of doing the dip, duck and dodge a little bit. People now with the human door, well, people like Derek orders of magnitude smarter than I am. Clearly right. Obviously they're using three year average still for park factors and stuff now I'm not saying more data is worse than less data. However, we've changed the constant being the inception of the universe of humid or and then how that affects the equilibrium with the ball which it changed. They lower the core raised. It seems a lot of variables. So that was kind of my point when we knew that we had one constant changed. I've only been using one year of data Seattle. This is the reason I mentioned it. So if you look at three years worth of data, Seattle is neutral to right handed hitters. If you're to look at just last year alone, it's top five in home run to fly ball, home run to barrel, and home run to blast. This is home runs to right handed hitters. I like to split, you know, handedness for that stuff. Derek Cordy's bat system, which I absolutely love. If you look, gentlemen, he's the lowest of everybody as far as the majors go on Julio, He's the lowest as everybody goes, as far as task Fernandez. So I said about Derek, is this because am I misusing the data? My thought was right and Derek is wrong. Have stupid revany But was what am I doing wrong here, And to be honest, he said, I'm not saying that I'm right and anyone's right a wrong. We're not sure. So there's a potential for edge there where even the very smart people are a bit unsure because the data set has changed, and we all know there are people who absolutely subscribe to projections. So if somebody's so hooked on Julio's home run projection, but when I challenged it, I got I remember it's an error. Bar just be willing to push up against it. So I'm on the way you guys think about Seattle because it's just been in such a focal point of some of my work. I'm very high now on Julio and Taylor. Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm as high as it gets on Julio. Welsh has always been a big Julio guy, and Ti Oscar somebody that Welsh does one. You could have taken a walk. I know, right, can't take any higher than I did.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Darvish, Well, she ended up with with somebody on my queue, So let's talk about you, Darvish, and we'll recap the other picks here at seven oh four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was an absolute snipe. I thought I was locked in to get tay Oscar. He was the best offensive player I had left on the board to get some more outfield. I did need pitching, and I need to focus more on pitching. So that ended up probably being a saving grace if we're really being honest about it. I love everything Taoscar is, but you, Darvish, we're looking at again. If I'm going to invest early on in like Eric Cole, I want to make sure that I'm also locking in the strikeouts. I got that with Darvish. Prioritizing pitchers on really good offensive supported teams. It was just kind of a no brainer for you, Darvish at that point. But it was a complete pivot because my heart was like, oh Oscar like it just it was a gut punch to me and I wasn't ready for it.
Speaker 1: Well, we're coming back to you in a second, so let's keep going with these picks. Seven oh five Max Free than Starling Marte, who was under my consideration, seven oh six, seven oh seven, Jordan Romano, then Devin Williams, Brian Reynolds, and Tim Anderson to end the seventh. To start the eighth round, Adleie Rutchman, Jose and Brow, Zach Gallon, Ryan Press, Tommy Edmund, Framber Valdez. It was a few picks before me unable to get him. So Welsh, where are you going next?
Speaker 2: Well, it was him, It was Framber Valdez. I mean, my god, just to you don't want Yeah, no, he was I was snap taking him. But that one, that one hurt. That one definitely hurt. So you know what we're gonna do seconds, Yeah, I'm gonna talk one of my utel spots with one of my favorite players to take a gamble on. I'm gonna take O'Neill Cruz. Even though I got a short stop, big power, big speed, I want to make sure I'm locking in those stolen bases. I can put him at middle infield or util here. And I have such good batting average on this team with Goldie and Seeger and Ramirez that I think it helps with the volatility of Cruse. So this is a good pivot. I wanted him. I was gonna try to get him in the next round, but let's just get our guy because nothing is working out for me right.
Speaker 1: Now, all right. So Cruz goes to Welsh. Mister buster on the clock just selects wander Franco, which pisses me right the hell off. So way to go, mister Buster. Good job as usual, you are right on time. Tyron Neil goes to John and then it's up to me again, Andre Samenez, I've been wanting, almost took him in the last round. I'm gonna go ahead and take him here, so second piece, make sure I get some more stolen bases, and then it's just a matter of again, you know, do I want to get any sort of closer now or do I want to push my luck and wait? And you know me, I like to push my luck and wait. The value on the board right now is actually Will Smith. And I am not somebody who takes catcher, especially in the shallow league. But you know what, I don't like the rest of the board very much. I'm gonna go ahead and take him here at ketcher and pull. Uh maybe, like as John said, maybe in my younger days, not something I do, but now that I'm so old, yeah, that's what happens. All right, John, you will go ahead, and you just made your other pick too, So let's talk about your two guys. Let's talk about Tyler O'Neill and Robbie Ray. Robbie Ray, obviously you're gonna get the strikeouts with him, But talk about Tyler O'Neill here in Saint Louis. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: You know, again, it's always format dependent, keeping an eye on the outfield and the scarcity, sticking with players that I think can really move the needle. Right ten team formats is not the time to pick the vanilla ice cream right that you seem that in the deeper leaks, it's the truth you want. We want the players that can absolutely move the needle. We've seen hints of godlike power from O'Neil, really up there with the very top of the board, and he's shown some speed. We think I even gotten batting average at times. So if we just get health in the middle of that lineup, he's the kind of guy that could he could be a thirty twenty five kind of guy, or like a thirty five twenty guy ninety five ninety five, and even if he gets you two sixty five, that's a monster pick for where he's going. I think. I think people's worries are the same as my own. Right, we've seen some flaws in disciplinary basket with the swing and miss stuff. I don't know, man, maybe he just needs to lift more weights. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's my answer. Just lift more weight obviously, that's what I do, even lift Joe Breton.
Speaker 3: Do you even fantasy baseball?
Speaker 1: Brett h Carlos Rodango's to mister buster there. So all the nice things I said about you, you're already in a definitely it's an interesting value there, Welsh. Do you think at nine oh three you take the flyer on Rodin here?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Uh early just a tad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm not touching that. I don't hate it or anything like that, but I'm not doing that. He's been like the top lift on here. But the injury puts some serious no you know, like I've I've had multiple conversations with people about this. Redon really put a wet blanket on Like the injury concerns. He's like, listen to this October or you know, playoff run or whatever. Like I'm playing, I'm pitching, but we want to be good the whole season. So that's something to feel good about. But trusting these guys is a little bit more of a question. I'm just personally just.
Speaker 1: Taking him specifically is a little bit more of a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's also coping of these issues, So no, thanks.
Speaker 1: All right. So after Rodan, you took Gunner Henderson Welsh at nine oh four. Great selection there. We're very high on this player. I've investments on him for Rookie of the Year in the American League. So, Welsh, what do you think about Gunner Henderson here at nine oh three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I hope people like fully understand too. When you're at ten, obviously, full on team construction is important, but you have so much more of an ability to just take the best available players. And especially in our roster construction, we got two U two, We had the corner, we got the middle.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Have I had shortstop filled when I took Oneil Cruz yes? Did I have third base locked in with Ramirez?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: But why not take the best available players, take it off the board, shore up both of those as really good spots. Plus there's flexibility. It's a no brainer because I also see a very big tier of pitchers, believers and starters that are out there that I felt no need to reach on any of them. So again, I think I'm putting together a crazy offense. My pitching is going to be the big key on how the system ends up liking it all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we'll see if the system approves or not. Rice the Olglesias goes to Kelly Kirby at nine oh five, then Xander Gobar Sai, Johnny Bogarci, Johnny Quest nine oh six. Your Boy Byron Bucksner last year's boy anyway nine oh seven. I was even sorry to think about, Wow, he's slipping pretty much. I might even take a shot on it. Nate Low nine oh eight, Willia Domas another one of our favorites. At nine oh nine, Vinnie pas Quentino another guy out of my You and Anton Chalmers team at nine to ten, and they are on the turn, taking Chris Bryant next. Bryan's an interesting one, John, real quick, give me your thoughts on Chris Bryant because his draft stock is kind of all over the place. Are you somebody that's buying at the right price or just avoiding at most costs.
Speaker 3: I almost have no choice but to get some exposure because I was off of him. I draft so much throughout the entire year that I wasn't on him when he showed up the spring training and hit a home run. I have to be cognizant of the fact that a former MVP might be healthy in Coors, right, we just can't. You just can't hand wave that away. You just can't do that. And I've been very reticentive course hitters and what it does to them on the road. God like CJ Crawn almost like that. You felt like one hundred percent of that productive season all happened at home. He was a replacement level player or worse on the road last year. So I don't even think you could really hit your wagon, Like, I don't think you'll ever hear me saying wheels up for Brian. But I'm getting pieces and again, this is probably the format where it's okay if you hit on the max outcome for Chris, Brian and Cores, it's pretty delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's continue on looking at the picks here that have gone through after Pascalentino and Chris Bryant, Dansby Swanson full very far here ten o two, South Pereza teno three, Correa at ten o four. That's the thing about the shallow league. You are going to get some incredible discounts. Guys just get pushed a little further depending on when the runs are that happened for which team. Uh then Clayton Kershaw at ten o five. Kelly's up next. She selects Battista from the Baltimore Orioles Welsh ten oh seven. She got you again. I'm so sick of Kelly.
Speaker 2: I'm Kelly is pissing me off and we did so I'm going to burn the Tiara. I hope she knows that the Tirra is gone. You have ruined it. She is making me mad. I'm gonna go with the next best because I wanted Felix. I'm gonna go with Ryan Helsley. I'm gonna take him off the board, big flamethrowing pitcher. Looks like he's got the gig questions Diegoes, you know, playing in WBC looking pretty good as well. But it seems like Helsey's got the spotline. So I'm gonna get my second closer. I just don't want to mess around with it. I want to have my guys. I don't want to be digging from a gross pool, even though it's ten team. And again, I've got a couple players in different positions that I think are kind of clumped together. So I'm not feeling the like necessity to lock in you know, one specific guy as far as like hitters go, or even starting pitchers.
Speaker 1: All right, So after you took Hellesley, then we had Louis Evarino, one of my guys at ten oh eight. We'll talk about John's picking a second, because we're gonna go back to back. He took ken Lee Jansen, who was on my board. I'm gonna take Joe Muscrove, where I can't believe is still there. Ooh wee. I'm excited about that. Yeah, and then it's a matter of, oh my god, you just gave me a Joe Musgrove, Alec Manoa, Shane McClanahan, Brandon Woodriff pitching staff.
Speaker 2: Probably the best pitching staff as put together so far.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem is I need a little bit more power, a little bit more offense. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Anthony Santande because I think the powers for real. He's legit there. And that outfield, I don't care if it's a ten team league. At eight team league, outfield is rough. You gotta have a plan for it. Kenley Anson and Taylor Ward with the two picks that you made John, So let's talk about those before we get to Welsh's next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I needed a closer as much as I love to churn and punt it back. Jansen, for whatever reason, if it's the pitchclock narrative that I don't think even matters, He's got to be one of the leaders. Probabilistically for forty saves. Boston has been known to use an exclusive closer, and he just gave him, you know, the bag to close games for them. So I think Jansen is a fantastic pick, and diagnostically he's still very strong. Vello is good, pitch shape was go to all that wonderful stuff. The other one, I'm kind of preparing the listeners for the Taylor Ward inflation. I just did a high stakes auction league with reigning champion Cramatola and other champion dph A, a couple of the really sharp dudes, and Taylor Ward broke his max bid by like forty percent. He went over to seven. He went seven or eight dollars over the previous max. So there's a couple of things at work here. One is the love for war and the potential leading off in the Angels offense with his disciplinary skills, contact and contact quality with some speed, there's a chance he's one hundred and fifteen run guy. I don't necessarily know if I think that, but I think more than anything is he's the last of that ilk. And when that's the case, something I hear you talking about all the time, Joe, Right, that pressure that happens with the very last player. The inflation is so real for tailor awards. I'm just getting people ready because if you're kind of looking at the rankings, he wasn't buy ADP wasn't his time, right, But I'm on the wheelbar less. I'm not waiting. So I really like Ward a healthy trout and Otani, man, that's a really dangerous one too, So yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Look the Angels are sinker swim Johnny for me, like, yeah, to be really good or they're gonna be selling off Otani. And you know early Johol.
Speaker 3: Overnight what like like over ninety or under seventy five wins right, like either.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna go with George Kirby because I almost took another pitcher too, but I needed more offense.
Speaker 3: Have to strike. I'm really worried about the strike.
Speaker 1: Fair it's fair. Well, you know there's another pitching run here because Kirby goes at eleven oh reda buster. Then you took Logan Web Welsh. You took him over Logan Gilbert, which again that's that's a choice that you you know, that's still where you have those close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're h Logan Web just a tiny bit higher. Logan Gilbert, I love the edition.
Speaker 1: And Blake Snell, your boy just went at eleven o nine. Oh man, I want to play for Welsh so bad man happening, man dang man.
Speaker 2: My favorite all time was being in the backfields and someone was like, hey, Blake, Blake. He's like, man, I can't stop. I gotta get hydrated. It was like the most naturally funny thing I've ever heard in my life. He is one of the low key funniest people just in how he reacts to people.
Speaker 1: We got to get him on the show. We got to get Blake Snell on the show. He's not doing anything four days a week. He's not doing anything just once a week, all right, So Logan Web, let's talk about him for a second. Here, Steady presence one of these guys that I feel like gets under appreciate it every single year, but you can really count on, which I think is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing I'm a little bit worried about we were talking about this over the last week, is you know a lot of people are banking on the Arizona Diamondbacks being a better team, and that would come at the expense of maybe the Dodgers and the Giants. So I'm a little bit worried about them getting hit up. But they just put together these boring teams with these great pitching staffs. Logan Webb is a floor pitcher for sure. Like I could have tried to go a little bit upside, Hunter Green went a little bit ago. That's one that you could take a look at, guys like George Kirby. But I just wanted a little bit of floor to go with Darvish and Garrett Cole, and I just didn't feel the necessity to jump. I also talking about with Tristan mackenzie, which I'm not really big on Tristan McKenzie this year, but I was just going for a guy that's gonna eat up, give me some eat up innings, get me some cheap wins in a division that you know it kind of seems like it's up, but more in the air than ever before.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue to recap some of these picks here, because they're flying off the board. Nessa Cortes goes eleven o five and eleven oh six, Reese Hoskins, Tristan McKenzie, Christian Yelich, Blake Snail, oh Man eleven two, excuse me, eleven o nine. Then at eleven ten we have Pory Polanco and Hunter Green at the turn at twelve oh one, lance Lynn my guy at twelve oh two Man he looked good the other night for WBC two, Kyle Wright at twelve oh three, Logan Gilbert finally gone at twelve oh four, Giancarlos Stanton, who I had on my cue as well, he has gone and on the Johnny Quest team. At twelve oh five, Christian Walker also like you, he's gone. So now I'm met at Kelly two. Kelly's one of our favorite people at Fancy Bros. She does a phenomenal job. If there's an article out there you're reading on Fancy Bros. By the way, the chances are that Kelly had some sort of hand in it in some fashion. She's the best, uh so we tease her because we love her and she tolerates us. Next is Jake McCarthy looking for steeles. Well, she got him atwelve oh seven. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just looking for some outfield depth. I've done a very poor job of what I usually want to do in developing my outfield, and this is like the thing I tell people to make sure you don't do ten man, I get a little bit more flexibility. I think McCarthy's going to regress quite a bit, and I you know, I've said it for my said I think Corbyn Carroll is gonna outsteal them. But McCarthy does have the gig. He does have the job overall. I just think offensively, it's gonna be a little bit lower, but I needed some outfield depth and he was kind of falling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely a good pick there. Then Glaber Torres goes. You took one of my guys, JD. Martinez. We're gonna talk about that in the second. I just took Camillo d'val. I got to make my second pick here really quick as well, So might as well look for some fun and some upside, right, I mean, you know me, I'd rather make sure, I get my guys, So I'm gonna go ahead and get Andres Munios. I don't care if it's a reach alert. I really don't care. I just I don't trust anybody else in this room. JD. Martinez to you, John, you're up on the clock again, and you just took Ian happ So, JD, I love this election here that if you didn't take him, I was going to. So you crush that to me, another one of these great players being underappreciated, under rostered, underdrafted. So talked about him and talk about Hap real quick.
Speaker 3: Due, JD just underproduced. Man, you had a better than twelve percents. Phenomenal. This is the player we've always wanted. The problem. He again, he just ran. He didn't rant run hot on the battle on the barreled balls, forty nine barrels. He only had sixteen home runs thirty three percent barrel home run rate. Totally unsustainable. He's also going to the you know, I mean, it's not a very reclamation project. He's fine. The Dodgers are the best analytically driven team there is. He's gonna be great, and they were pretty outward about not pushing him to the outfield. So as much as I want the eligibility, I feel like this is a double ut league, so you don't have to really worry about it too much. Right, It doesn't really Hamstream as much as it would. He should be in the line of anchoring, cleaning up for the Dodgers every single day. This price, across all formats is horribly misprized. He's he's a huge miss price.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think it's because it's the DH thing too. You know, this is the thing I never understood would always be aggressive with guys like you know, David Ortiz back in the day, Like, well, I don't like because he closes with the das Clods. It up Clodes, it up with what thirty five home runs.
Speaker 3: With his VP award, with his MVP award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, it's just so stupid. I always hate it when people would say things like that, if you've got a great hitter there, it's Nelson Cruz, another guy always every year, and the older he got, the more people, you know, disregarded him. And it was just a stupid thing to happen. Mister Buster took Nick Cassianos, who I thought real long and hard about, but I decided to go and get both of my closers here, Max Munsey to Welsh, No surprise there. Well, you've talked quite a bit about Monsey in the last couple of weeks thirteen oh four.
Speaker 2: You happy, Yeah, I mean I needed a second basement, a little bit flexibility. His XBA, his bat average stunk. His XBA was better than that, but it was still relatively low on the year. But this is a guy that I'm going to play for the bounce back. I'm going to play the multi position eligibility. I also wanted Homers, you know, the more that I was looking at you know, you want to pay attention to your roster construction, taking a look at you know, having like a Jake McCarthy and what if Harris does regrets a little bit. I want to make sure that I'm still pounding power and stolen bases, because like, guys like Kwan were kind of intriguing, even though I think he's kind of busty this year, You're still get intrigued by all people again, intrigued by players like him. But then if you do, you've got to pay attention that you're stacking your power still. Otherwise you're gonna get behind. But yeah, I think Muncy for a second base here is a solid and he can you know, has, like I said, roster flexibility to move around.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Wilson Contreras goes at thirteen oh five and CJ. Crohn at thirteen oh six. Stephen Kwan who we talked about for at thirteen oh seven at a certain point, again you'll you'll take him for the steals in the batting average and hope that he gives you anything close to the home run total. Again, I'm at Rosario, I think a huge value at thirteen oh eight, Welsh, wouldn't you agree here? Like that's a player that might have be getting the between the eligibility flexibility that he gives you, between the stolen bases that he gives you. Rozario I think is an underrated ROTO player. Don't you agree?
Speaker 2: Yes? I agree with that. I don't know if I would like claim at one point thirty in a ten man league that he's like a value an interesting thing that happened here, But I think he's a great piece. I think he's a great piece to your road team. An interesting thing that did happen here that I feel like I'm seeing a little bit more so he went above Jeremy Paigne. Jeremy Penia is still on the board. Who kind of he kind of sits in that shortstop. Ever, everyone it'll be okay with him, it's not and he went ahead of him.
Speaker 1: But that's what everybody. They just see it so deep and so deep. But then at the end of the day, all of a sudden it's off the board. He go oops, I missed it. A little run here too, so sale goes. Then Nico Sander goes two of my fishs speaking of whoops, I missed it. There goes my first basement. The two options I had it was Ryan Moultcastle and Andrew Vaughn. While they went back to back. So obviously somebody was watching my must have videos for twenty twenty three on our YouTube channel. Clay Holmes at fourteen oh three, then Jeremy Penny had fourteen oh four. Tyler glassnow fourteen oh five, Kelly's up next to fourteen oh six. Then you the Welsh, so Welsh. She has five seconds to make her pick. What are you looking for here?
Speaker 2: I know exactly who I want and she didn't do it. Okay, So the last round, I almost took him. I'm surprised that Nicolodolo's still out here, especially like having Kirby go. I think inside the top one hundred, Hunter Green went right outside of it and thirty picks later. I know it's a rookie, but I trust Lodolo stuff more than a trust Hunter Green. Forty six percent and with percentage on the curve ball is absurd and ridiculous. This is a guy that is going to put up big fantasy stats on a bad team. I just might not get wins, but guess what I got you, Darvish, I got Garrett Cole. I'm stacking wins in some other places, so hopefully he can help me with the ratio. So I'm ecstatic that he fell back to me.
Speaker 1: All right, So very static. Duran, by the way, another pitcher too. I am very between Doran and Munios. Those are two guys. I'm just gonna be aggressive, like I just I'd rather be aggressive. Mister Buster is gonna make me real aggressive because he took the guy that I wanted. He just took Lucas de Alido right from under me. We're gonna fight, mister. Oh look at this and Johnny boy takes Jordan Walker. All right, talk about Jordan Walker. I'm gonna go ahead and make my picks now because now I've got a regroup because I'm on tilt.
Speaker 3: Man. It's real. He's the perfect player for the shrunken format. We're really going for it. All if a player like Jordan Walker was named the starting whatever, left field or I don't think it could be third base with Ornado, but let's you say starting player. Even if they're gould work him into dhro times he's going like six rounds sooner than he would. You know, sometimes you gotta be careful. People tell you to be careful, to be weary of helium. You have to a point. I mean, Chris Paddock in his rookie year that was good helium. Corbyn Burns in his second year that was also good helium. Right, guys that were up one hundred and fifty picks and you still made a wild profit on them. So I think Walker kind of is that guy. He's really looked fantastic, And sometimes that's what you gotta do is kind of make a just say, reach a little bit, you know, like you said before, Joe, sometimes you do have to ignore.
Speaker 1: The region eyes because you're going to.
Speaker 3: Get it, particularly on their particularly at the turn, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, So while you make your next pick, I'll talk about mine. For me, I almost doubled up at starting pitching again took Joe Ryan too, but instead I decided to take Jeffrey Springs, giving me a little bit RP sp eligibility there. I like that gives me a little flexibility if Munjo's isn't necessarily closing to start in April, which again I think it's a matter of time. You took Estrata, who is interesting because we just spoke about him with Steve Gardner on the show last week. If he missed that, go check it out over on the podcast over on the YouTube channel, and he was very high on Estrata too. Is a guy that really didn't get enough credit for what he did and how long he did it for in twenty twenty two. What are your thoughts on Astrata in this season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's a victim of a couple narratives. One that San Francisco doesn't play people every day. That may be true if you only play a single position, which he doesn't, and you get you get three position eligibility here, but generally at least two. The other knock I've heard is on the power, and this is something I've really focused on this offseason, and it's pull power and lifting the ball in the air. So I know you don't look at estrata and think hulking power, and nor should you, but this is fact. Last year he pulled sixty six flag ball line drive. That's a lot that puts you in like the top third of the league. That was good for thirteen home runs and seven doubles. The point being it's part of his of his profile that he pulls line drives and those Joe with the new bushball and the race scenes or one of the things that kind of supersede, you know, the suppressed offense if you're not gonna hit towering fly balls, which are no longer as effective as they used to be. Right, we've seen the production of ballo rates come down. This is objective fact. The balls that are going out are the low line drives tyro Stroud of one of those guys him, Andre Simenez, Tommy Edmund. I'm not saying they're none of it. I'm gonna hit thirty, but don't put them into single digits. Don't do that because they're gonna get you twelve.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the next one here. We've also got some questions here in the chat we'll try to get to in a second. We recap these picks. First. After I took Jeffrey Springs, I don't know if that made Welsh happy, you're saying.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, like, hey, Joe's what's four minus five?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 2: What's four minus five?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: Count down the fingers.
Speaker 1: One negative one, Anthony Rizzo those player I was actually contemplating because first base, man, it doesn't at ten team league first base is still bad. Newt Bar goes to Welsh. No surprise there. So let's talk about your selection there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm just not getting stuff to come back to me, and you can't rely on AVPs. You got to get your guys and stuff. I really thought I would have a shot with Springs as well. If I go into any draft, everyone should know at this point what are two players that I want. I want Jeffrey Springs and I want Large new Bar on my team. I only had two outfielders this entire time. I was planning around Lars Newbar who I believe. I was actually talking with Paul Sporr about this yesterday. He thinks he could push to thirty homers. I think it's twenty five plus. I think he's gonna get stolen bases, he's gonna lead off, there's gonna be a bunch of runs on a fantastic Cardinals team. He is the pick of pick and it's incredible where I can still get him where other guys are rising. He's not large. New bar is a must of all players. I just didn't want to mess around, even though the system did tell me it was an eighty three percent reach.
Speaker 1: Oh I got to reach on movie things. It ain't who cares. We've got some questions here too. This is from Mason who asked us how big of an advantge basically is Mookie Bets at second base eligibility on ESPN. I think it's a huge one. You know me, Welsh, I'm not a big Mookie Bets guy where he's going right now, but at second base eligibility it changes the dynamic. I don't think we're looking for thirty something that steals from him anymore, but I just think at this point it's different then Charles Allen has a question, fourteenth round Jazz Chisholm or fifteenth round Christian Javier? Johnny boy, you want to take that one. Wait, who was the first one who jazz Chisholm in the fourteenth or Christian Haavier in the fifteenth?
Speaker 3: Just I don't Javier everywhere?
Speaker 1: He's Xavier everywhere. I agree, we hit that.
Speaker 3: Almost right, almost right.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm actually surprised you said that Javier over a fourteenth They're essentially the same round.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, I'm not a big jazz guy. I know. I took him here for you take closives. He's got the explosives. Javier I think has the goods to win the SI, you know.
Speaker 1: And always I don't like jazz as a music particularly. I lived with his jazz musician in college. He was very talented, but I just he went from being interested in jazz music and like, oh this is really good to hating life and wanting to jump off.
Speaker 2: And he tells you'd be like Joe, don't drink coffee, you should drink green tea.
Speaker 1: Actually know that's all he drank was coffee all day long. Okay, Yeah, that's ironically all I drink is green tea in the morning. So I'm the soft one who did it. There you go, all right, so somebody screwed Johnny boy, let's get back to the picks. Yeah, that we could take some of your questions after new bar Chapman, Charlie Morton, Hunter un for a rowdy t lez Ty France. Nice value there fifteen oh nine. He's just a good player, Josh Bell. So now I've got no one to play first base. I gotta have to Keith Hernandez back and get him a glove. Chris Bassett at sixteen oh one. M J. Melendez at sixteen oh two, Brendan Lau at sixteen oh three, You Swarez at sixteen oh four. Then we have Dustin May at sixteen oh five, Joe Ryan. Great value there for Kelly Kirby at sixteen oh six. No surprise there, boy, she is killing this. If she doesn't win this draft, then something's wrong with Kellys Welsh. You are up at sixteen oh seven. You got eight seconds.
Speaker 2: You know I'm gonna do this. I know the oblique is an issue, but it's a I can have bench depth. I'm gonna take sae as Zuki, who comes in as a fourth outfielder. He was lining up to be an outfielder three easy for me, top one, inside the top one hundred before the oblique, which I'm worried about causing problems, but it happened early spring, so you got an entire month to kind of recover. I'm acknowledging how I'm taking him as a fourth outfielder, though I will have to find replacement, but I think he was a tier step above a lot of the guys that are left, and I'm very comfortable with taking one of these next guys because I would have been stuck with him anyways. So this is a situation where I eat a couple of weeks and I get sales Zuki back at outfielder.
Speaker 1: Four, all right, And Andre Kirk goes to mister Buster. So that's good, so I'm not mad at him anymore. So Hazel's Lozardo goes to John, which is again a player in my cue. We'll talk about him in a second. I'm gonna go ahead and take one of our you know, first, I'm gonna take what the draft wizard tells me to. I'm gonna I'm gonna listen to the draft wizard. I'm gonna take Brandon Nimo here as the top lift again gives me a little bit of everything like that, and I got a thumbs up value pick there. And then I'm gonna go ahead and take Jose Miranda, a player that we've talked quite a bit about Welsh that I think is just a really solid value there. I desperately needed somebody at first base. My corner and middle spots are still wide open. We need some help there. I got two utility spots. But I'm very happy with my pitching staff. Jonathan India goes next to you here, John so Lozardo in India. Lozardo has teased at moments India coming off a dreadful season, but two years ago looked like a real stud. So do you think both of these guys are gonna bounce back this season?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And it looks uh Lozarro looks phenomenal right now. I don't know how many in's we're gonna get. And if you held the gun to my head, I probably.
Speaker 1: I would have taken it. If you didn't take him there, John, I had him.
Speaker 3: I'm probably not going over one thirty. Yeah, Joe, you and I are so aligned. That's how I think that's how you win these leagues, right, I think I say, win him, go for the explosives. Miles Mikolas will be there if you need him. Boring five in guys without strikeouts, I just don't feel that's how you move the needle in ten teen leagues. And Jonathan India, I think he's gonna be okay, but he gets my favorite boost in old baseball. Great American Bullpark people, I just I don't think are are selling it where it belongs. Like it's not even Core's two point Oho Cores. Maybe Great American Bullpark two point zero. If you saw this so Great American Ballpark was number one in every home run metric by a country mile Joe right to be expected, but also total runs Hormont, the fly ball, home runt, the barrel by mile, and the Reds only had a single player to hit twenty one. It was twenty on the nose. Not another player went over fifteen. Think about that, what if they were good?
Speaker 1: What I was gonna It has nothing to do with anything except the fact that the roster was terrible last year.
Speaker 3: But the ball, but the total, the total runs were still there. So it's like, oh, the rate was there, and if they just get the players, Great America Bullpark was responsible for the most home runs regardless of having a bottom barrel offense carrying half of that number. Everybody's just so good in Great America Bullpark. I think that's Colorado. You know, if you're streaming, look for games in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: All right, as we continue to go through here, after Jonathan India, mister Buster selects Pablo Lopez. Well, she took Jordan Montgomery. Let's talk about what you think he can contribute to the Cardinal rotation this year, because you look pretty good when he came over from the Yanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the change was huge, and it's probably no prize with the Cardinals way and the success that they find. Both the Hilsey Kaintana kind of have the same thing. But this is I think a great win situation, and that is something outside of Nickolodolo. My rotation has been built around teams that put their pitchers in best positions to win. Guys that go de Logan Web. Maybe it's a little bit an inferior team with the Giants, but he goes deep into games. Garrett Cole Darvish, that's an easy win situation. Jordan Montgomery the same thing. I think there's a kind of a clump of guys here, but I was pretty comfortable with it. And then of course I was lining this up to take Bryce Harper in the next round, but he went a couple picks later because I just felt we're in the territory where he is worth the risk, especially with the roster construction that we have here, where like I'm down to util and Catcher, this would have been the prime position to take him, and those are really good pick but I think it was was it Mailman Molman?
Speaker 1: Hans Moleman took it. I believe from the Simpsons we have going after Montgomery, Jeff McNeil, then Sean Murphy, Cronenworth Singer. There it is Bryce Harper seventeen or nine. Finally the ADP started the fall. Remember the early drafts where the ADP for Harper was still like, I don't know, like a fourth round.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are people do.
Speaker 1: They not realize what's going honey, or what's happening? After that, that's fine, seventeen oh nine. You want to take a shot on Bryce Harper in a ten team league. I got no issue with that, especially I'm more apt to take a shot on Harper in the more shallow leagues because it's easier to replace. For those first three months, you can find some money off the waiver wire. We gets hot for a month or two. Fairbanks goes at seventeen to ten, then Riley Green, David Bednar at eighteen oh two, eighteen oh three, Cabrian Hayes. I'm not touching that guy with ten football. I'm over it. Eighteen oh four Hanniger, then eighteen oh five, Alex Cobb, Josh Naylor another one of the favorite guys. Ary Cohene was on two weeks ago talking about him. Then William Contreras to you the Welsh nice pick up here a catcher.
Speaker 2: Well done, buddy, Well this was my last one. I love William Contreres because he's also one of these guys this team can implement as a DH. This is what a lot of what he did with the Braves last year, just big, big power that he can put up. He had that crazy stretch of home runs. This is a twenty plus home run catcher and he was the last of this tier. There's still one more catch I like, and Tyler Stevenson and then it changes, and I just think the value. I would be comfortable waiting because we're in a ten team, but I also don't want to fall crazy behind and let everybody else have these really solid tier catchers and me have the cal Rallies or something like that. Like I want to be in the upper tier. I just got it at the very cheapest cost, at the expense of a couple of other players I didn't want to take. But I'm pretty happy to get him because I was targeting Sean Murphy and Alejandro kirk Fell as well pretty.
Speaker 1: Deep all Seawalled goes next at eighteen oh eight, then Alexis Diaz goes after that to John. I took Katel Martyn and Alec Baum, So I took care of my middle and corner spots there with back to back picks, and honestly, I'm pretty happy with that. Like those are two guys that I feel like I kind of know what I'm getting and there's a small hint of possibility that they actually perform much better than projections and expectations. They Sean site me, I do like that, and then read Debt Meer is a fantastic selection at nineteen oh two. So Debt Meers and Daz Johnny talk about it.
Speaker 3: These are both guys. Actually, you gotta be careful with ADP. ADP A lot of times is generalized. These are players on the move. So if you're looking at the Macro ADP, you're not gonna end up with these players. Daz. I don't know. I guess people just don't think the Reds will win a lot of games, which I don't know if I necessarily disagree, but I would also think that a lot of those wins are gonna be very close, and he seems like the exclusive closer. I don't people keep saying the Reds. The Reds haven't used a single culture. They haven't had anybody. They've tried. They can't stay on the field. Between Garrett and Sims and Antone, it's literally been a carousel. I think if they had somebody with the skills of Daz, who I think is legitimately filthy on the mound. So I think he's a great pop perceives and if you don't get it or he looks bad, he easily replace him. And then redettors who I mean in front of our eyes last year blossomed after that devotion, adding vlo fixing the slider or fixing the shape with the fix ball. Then he took off, and I don't know why people are not necessarily buying it. It feels like an Angels thing, I think one of the first things we see at Angel. I don't know, six man rotation, I guess I mean, as long as he's getting the rock once a week for the cost, I feel like all that stuff is baked in. Debtros also looks like he tacked on some extra velo this spring, So yeah, we could be wheels up for debtvers. He could be a real sneaky like finishes an SP two kind of guy out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm one hundred percent with you on read debt mes. I think it's a great value there. Daniel Bard at nineteen oh three. Drew Rasmussen goes to you Welsh at nineteen oh four.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, yep, getting you didn't let me have Jeffrey Springs. This is another one of those guys that you know, moved out of any type of like shortened inning situation. The Ray's moving solely away from that really great stuff. I know a lot of the industry, many in the industry actually like Drew Resmusen more than him. I'm actually shocked that he fell so far, because as far as adp goes, Rassmussen and Springs are almost like a one to two punch there within two or three sp spots of each other. But there was about a fifty pick difference. So Rasmussen just absolutely fell. And you know, I am monitoring a cool thing if people will check out. What you can do when you're drafting on Fantasy Pro system is there's a bunch of tabs at the top and you can go and take a look at the cheat sheet what it's telling you to do, but you can also look at categories and you can build your categories as you go. And I can see that my hitting is falling far behind, which I hope to catch up soon, but a guy like Drew Resmussen is filling all the categories. We're gonna get my pitching back up because I think I need to maintain my pitching and I'm gonna come back in later rounds with hitting. So another cool reason to monitor these tools here. But res Musen was kind of a no brainer. He was a ridiculous deal, and I think the system gave me the big old thumbs up when I did it around thirty.
Speaker 1: Picks massa props there for our boy Johnny Quest punting saves zero so far in the saves there for Johnny Quest. Good job there. Don't take no crap off nobody. You know, you don't need saves. You'll find saves eventually. It's fine. After Rasmussen goes, then Kelly ended up taking Ryan McMahon Andrew Heaney Welsh. It's a guy that you've been talking of quite a bit on the show. So I don't know if you have any remorse about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, goodwill Jacob mcgramas I call him Goodwill Nick Dracob, So not your faultupset about that.
Speaker 1: Brandon Drury, Grayson, Rodriguez Hoave or Bye is at nineteen oh nine than Joey Manessa's at nineteen ten. To start the twentieth round here, then you have Ben attendee Verdugo looking through here. You know, still a fair amount of talent on the board at this point in time. Tovar goes out of my cue. I almost took him last round. He was my next selection. Tovar somebody that I'm very high on. Welsh, So that be somebody that people are more aggressive on too, and drafts even shallower ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I mean the stolen based power potential. Obviously, hitting in cores in general is going to help out. But he's a higher contact player that really found his his power, you know, his power spot, and I think you can look at like a low key fifteen to fifteen season. There's a little bit of concerns before when it was like Brenda Rodgers and Ray mcmahbon. That's gone with the injury. Ezekiel Tovar has got this spot locked in. I'm a little bit worried he's going to hit lower in the order to start because the Rockies are weird and hit Mike Moustakis above him most likely. But if Tilvar gets a hit in the top of the lineup, the run should come up plentiful.
Speaker 1: Rocky's have been weird for many years now, weird ever since the Daniel Murphy signing. It was like, Hey, we've got a bunch of guys coming up who plays second and first base, Let's go sign Daniel Murphy to.
Speaker 2: Aw Garrett Hampson is gonna be our future, but we need Daniel Murphy, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need Danyl Murphy. God ever since then, I just I don't know what they think they're doing. Luis Garcia goes, then Hendricks goes, Cabrera goes, then twenty seven the well shure up next.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't love all the players. I'm gonna do something a little bit different. I don't think the system is gonna love it. But I was just talking about this justin Mason yesterday. We're almost in the two hundreds. We're gonna do a buyback on Cody Bellinger. I mean at the cost return here is so ridiculously cheap at this point, I also have an injury with Suzuki right now to fill projections aren't the worst outside of batting average if there is any rebound. This is one of those few players I mean post one fifty, how many of those have had first first overall round statistics. There's not a big number of them. It's like Cody Bellinger and that's it. You know, maybe donas the closest to that in previous years with the batting average, but a little bit of risk with Cody Bellinger with what does I think a pretty safe team so far, I.
Speaker 1: Want you to have all the Cody Bellinger, all of it. It's all yours Welsh Luis Arise at twenty eight. But it was a good speech. I really enjoyed it. John makes a great pick here with Hunter Brown at twenty oh nine. I love this pick here. I am up next for my two picks, So I'm gonna gohe and take another closer because I need some help there. And then I'm gonna take some more steals here with wit Meryfield and Welsh can make fun of my speech about I.
Speaker 2: Don't hate him as much as I was earlier in the year. He seems a lot more comfortable, but I still am not. Like that's what I don't stop my game plan to be.
Speaker 1: I don't need him have two hundred hits. All I need him to do is steal me twenty something bags and hit two sixty. You do that at this value, I'm a very happy man. So I took jose Leclerk too, because he's got a job. I need more saves Yoshidah at twenty one oh two. So John, you took Brown and Yoshida. Let's talk about the guys, especially Brown, because that's a player that I think is going to get a lot more run this year. It's kind of similar last year with Rishan Zavier. Same setup. You know, this is the guy who's really good, young talent coming up. There's gonna be opportunities for him. And it just feels like with Lance mccullor's elbow and god knows what else happens, Hanna Brown's gonna get some moments in the rotation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would even speak to both of these picks. The next one I made was Yoshida. Both of them talent plus opportunity plus strong contextual environment plus a good draft price, so they're easy for me. People have reached for Brown. That helium seems to have settled a bit. I don't know, it's weird. Not much seems to have changed. I've heard short people like Wells talking about maybe some control issues, but his price has wildly swung so when it's at the lower end of the side wave. Houston's just been so good with developing youngsters and then also letting them go right. We don't tend to do that. Ah he used to may hold them to one hundred innings. It just feels like they have such a good plan for everybody. They did it with Javier last year. They managed to baby him without babying him. It didn't feel like he missed the store because he wasn't injured, but he only made twenty six starts because they the Ash's also very good at working the schedule, so I think they'll do the same thing with Brown. Although we've heard like Grayson Rodriguez may get pulled after four and I have nothing to go on this PI other than some anecdotal stuff. I don't see Houston doing that. I really I don't think they can afford to do that and pull Brown. I think they'd rather have Brown go every six days, miss have twenty six a post to thirty one starts, and make up the innings that way. Deeper individual games I don't know, but at the price, I think Brown is fantastic. Plus, of course he's in line for wins every five days.
Speaker 1: John Gray Go's next, followed by CODEI Senga to Welsh so Wels. This ADP for Senga continues to be way too low, and again I couldn't even pull him up on the sheet there and even have them up there because still the consensus is still way too low. I gotta start using my chi sheet every time I got so many things going on here. I'm clicking stuff, I'm moving back and forth and taking questions. Sometimes it hurts my draft. And you just scumped me there, Good.
Speaker 2: Shows you do, I gotta say, like, I was just kind of sitting in staring at it, and I have had him for the last three rounds and.
Speaker 1: It's just you should go three rounds ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should have gone a long time ago. So that's why I just pulled the triggers. And he's a bench starting pitcher right now. Again like a little bit of weirdness with guys like maybe Nicko Lodolo, even though I got a deal on him. Sanka's an incredible bench starting pitcher to have on potential alone, and I'm not basing my entire rotation off of him, So I'm happy.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm going to throw through the rest of these here. We should everyone get your cues ready. We're gonna go ahead and wrap this up here. After Senga, then Scott Barlow, Dominguez Cassis goes nice election there by j full Metal. Then we have Oscar Gonzalez, Tony Gonsolin, cal Rawley, the aforementioned, and Justin Turner. Lord is Guriel at twenty two h two whilsh that's a guy you've been talking about latent drafts you take a shot on, but not on your team.
Speaker 2: That's what I have, That's what I ought about, gonna take it well. John broke my heart earlier because I took the Bellinger pick with the intention of backing him up with Yoshida, like having complete opposites of having the batting average a kind of cure that a little bit, plus the run totals. And then when I didn't get him, I was like, Okay, I'm gonna go with Lordis. Didn't happen again because I Lordis. My big key on him is Lordis is hitting three for the Diamondbacks and it's happened all spring long, and I think that's a game changer to his RBI numbers. This is a like we talked about the Jordan Walker pick a little bit earlier, in the value that he is. This is another one that people haven't caught up to. I shouldn't be able to get Miguel Vargas at two seventeen, but I just did. And there's no way he's gonna start at second base for the Dodgers offense. In general works in his play, the guy was walking when he wasn't swinging the bat. He's just a great, great option across the board, stolen bases, homers. He gets on base by walking, obp would even be better to seventeen. I shouldn't be able to get him, but I did.
Speaker 1: But you did. I'm gonna go ahead take Trey Mancini. Give me a little bit of depth there at the corner spot. And you know it's a matter of do I want to take some more steals here or do I want to take some more power. I think we can go ahead. I'm really low on power still, so I'm gonna take Joah Peterson here. Him and Confordoh, they're both still on there. But I got the value picking the thumbs up. So that's a good thing. So let's continue to recap the pick. Stevenson, Patrick Sandoval, von Grissom, who is in Mike Cue he has gone at twenty two o five. Then ramon Loriano Vargas to Welsh Harrison Bader to mister Buster, Jared Kllnick to you John. Then I took Mancini and Peterson. You also took Rogers in Miami. So let's talk about reclamation projects, because that's what you're doing here.
Speaker 3: Drafting everybody that's broken my heart in the past. Let's goal dialing up all the ex girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Man, it's three relationship is John, I think I think it might be se might have to go ya, Yeah, that is.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm digging through the Facebook dms right now looking for ex girlfriends who listen. Jared Kelnick, I think we all have seen it. I think we all know. And it's funny because it's so polarizing. You have the people who are certain the breakout is coming. You have people who are certain he's gonna fall flat in his face. I don't know, but I do know if we get a that explosion is gonna be awesome. Right. We've seen just such dynamic ability for him, power and speed. He goes so incredibly you've been nailed before. You take your wrists on the bench, like, I don't even have to start him. You just kind of wait and see, and if he comes out of the box really hot, you might have a league winning pick on your hands. Again, I'm not saying the probability of it is very high, right, you got to be careful we do that, But I think Helmic is that same for Trevor Rogers. The skill was always there, the villa was always there, the man was good, and I think he could bounce back. He also, I think he hasn't walked a batter this spring yet.
Speaker 1: You know, I was very high on him last year, and I was of all the l's that I took last year, that one did hurt me a lot because I saw this guy just being the dude and it just and it did not materials last year. I know, sometimes lefties get off their mechanics and things happened. So maybe he bounces back. Mondasey goes to mister Busters. Speaking of bounce backs, then you took Lang here, Alex Lang in Detroit, Welsh. Let's talk about him before we get to the rest of these picks here as we close out the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're at a spot where I already had two closers, and I've actually been projected to be, I think, at the top of the overall closing market. But I looked at the rest of the closers and I don't see a lot of gigs that make any sense. And there's only two really that I can look at and say like, oh yeah, that guy has a job except Alex Lang, who's looked really good this spring and is going to be the closer for Detroit. How many opportunities that's a big in question. But I now have three no doubt closers going into this and I feel pretty good about it. And he's very popular. Buzzy even though it said it was a reach, he wasn't going to last much longer.
Speaker 1: Okay, continuing on with the rest of the picks here, after Welsh makes a selection of Langlan, Seth Brown, Rendn, Micholas, Josh you on. Nice selection there, Then we have Merle Kelly. Then C. J. Abrams was also on my list. He is off now twenty four oh one, Horoy Lopez Evan Phillips are the Dodgers at twenty four to oh two, john Is Phillips the closer. Is it just said and done for you?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I had him queued up right after a Lexis Dias because I'm just going to stay on brand, and that is the ceiling pick. If if you get the the definitive Dodgers closer, that is a windfall profit. I think even where he's going, I think it's a neutral pick. He's highly skilled, so you're not risking ratios. I believe at the very least he's in line for, you know, a share of the sieves. How it's gonna pan out, I don't know, But at that again, I just beaten a dead horse. At that point, you play for top side. There is no greater top side than tacking forty sieves onto potential Evan Phillips statline.
Speaker 1: Okay, then kimberl dj Lemayhew, Boy, how the mighty have fallen? Dj La Mayhew in the twenty fourth round. Remember a couple years ago when people want him in the third Danny Jansen at twenty four or five. Jesse Winker another good pick there at twenty four oh six. Well you're up at twenty four oh seven. What you got?
Speaker 2: I was actually gonna take Winker there. Surprise surprise, Kelly Snipe. No big surprise by anybody that Kelly did that. I am gonna go with one of my favorite pictures to get He just threw a side session the other day. Jacob to Ground got all the room. But Nate Eovaldi Nadiovaldi has been pumping the v low. They have a sneaky, sneaky rotation with a lot of run support me and you know have been Eno sars have been talking about him. He's actually one of his favorite kind of middle round starting pitchers to target. And the injury tag is actually gonna give you a little bit more of a value on him as I got around the two thirties. Though again, he pitched just the other day and he should be good for.
Speaker 1: Opening day, Okay, continuing on after he evolding mister buster on the clock selects Jose Burrios, John, you're up next to twenty four oh nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, but I think, yeah, I got my cue all side. I was looking at former met How about Michael Confordo? Who again, right, we've had it almost sounds like Chris Bryan a bit. The talent and the plate approach has never really been in question. It's just if we get him healthy. When we get him healthy. He also started dropping nukes in spring training. Not to overreact to spring training stuff. I've mentioned a couple of times. It's just a matter of health, right, I think of a player hits home runs, they're healthy.
Speaker 1: I took Tyler Molly and Garrett Whitlock there to my pitchers there. Yeah. Well, in Conforido you know, I was struggling him or you know Jock Peterson the same thing. We always say, well you take Jock Peterson or a confordo or a round later. My thing is just about, you know, when it comes to Conforido, how much of that layoff affect him? You know, how much is not playing for a whole year. Does it take him a month this day of two months to get back into the swing of things. Literally. Kyle Bradish another one of the Yeah in Mind thirty names at twenty five to ZHO two, So talk about him. What are your expectations for him this season?
Speaker 3: I actually think we're gonna get like an sp three finished, so I think he might be like a top forty to fifty starter, which you kinda is not like, oh my god, I'm gonna go to Spencer Stride at twenty twenty three. Not the case. But when you're SP nine or twelve for this man, you know, somebody on the bench has the ability to finish inside the top fifty. That's like the most boring way to win a fantasy league, to get a guy that gets the ball every five days. I think he's a Canda for six innings. The strike Cats have been there again Baltimore. You know, shake that narrative, right, the inability to develop pitching is no more. They've actually done quite well with with pitchers now, so we kind of have to get these out of our mind. If he's every so often as the cycles washed right as the cycle ends. So I think we're seeing some good things from Baltimore. I think Bradish looks really good, tapped on Velo in pitches and then a ficient mix changes, so yeah, I think he's gonna be really.
Speaker 1: Good for them.
Speaker 3: And then the wall the bullpark is positive.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, ballpark and positive.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Jo Jack Flaherty goes at twenty five oh three, then rojast At Welsh at twenty five toh four, so no surprise there. As we wrap up these final rounds here of the draft, TJ. Friedo at twenty five oh five. Finn again, Shagura, let's talk about Rojas here. Welsh is an easy one here, I think, right, just a good everyday player.
Speaker 2: Yep, he's gonna be. He's been essentially the every day third baseman for this team. There's a little bit of adjustment with Longoria and they're trying to figure out their outfield because Alec Thomas has also looked really good. But Rojas was a twenty plus stolen based guy. There's some pop in his bat and he has the potential to hit closer in the top of the lineup, especially righty versus lefty type of stuff. So two thirties, I think this is a great deal. He also qualifies at second, which makes him even a little.
Speaker 1: Bit okay, continuing on here, I after Rojas, I said Friedel Finnegan, Segura, jameson tie on Oscar Colas twenty five oh nine, a guy we just talked about the other day, and the prospects on the way up. Jorge Matteo at twenty five ten, then Louis Urius at twenty six oh one. So we were in the final rounds year and we'll see who won the draft. I can assure you right now I did not win the draft. I'm telling you right now. It never happens. I never win the draft. But I like this Rocks designed. I didn't design it. Need to do with that. People are way smarter than me. But just kind of looking at the rosters here because I know we're running a little long here.
Speaker 3: For me, it's will that's Okay.
Speaker 1: Look, get your guys. Yeah, last year they told me I was justin Jefferson every time I took him first overall, and that worked out pretty well. Will Smith a catcher for me, Jose Miranda and Andre Semenez at second Bobash had its short. I have Austin Riley, Alec Bohm, Katel, Marte, Julio Rodriguez, Eloya, Menez, Santander, Nimo Whitt, Mauryfield, Peterson, the pitching staff, McClanahan, Woodrift. Then I have Springs, Manoa, Muskrove, Peralta, Munios and Doval. So some good arms there, Laclerk, Molly, Mansini and Whitlock Welsh. What do you think about that squad here? You think that doggle hunt.
Speaker 2: I think that doggle hunt. I don't think it's gonna hunt in projections, but I think it'll have That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I know. It's not gonna hunt projections. I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna All right, I'm gonna this is a boring I need again.
Speaker 1: Projections are good. It's a good way to gauge. But at the end of the day, if projections were always perfect, then there would we wouldn't be playing this game, would we.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And by the way, I have no idea how mine's going to finish out because my pitching I am pretty high in pitching. I have one category and hitting on the best and the rest are at the bottom. So this is gonna be one of those Ricky Bobby, I'm gonna predict right now, like I'm gonna finish like fourth, fifth or fourth in this well.
Speaker 1: I took Colton Wong and Cruise here to finish up. Welsh. Let's look at your team here and get a sense of what's going on with your roster. Uh, you have Let's see again, Kelly Kirby doesn't win. Who knows you have? Contreras, a catcher, William that is gold Schmidt, Munsey, Cory Sieger, getting all the all the old Dodgers back together, Jose Ramirez, Gunner, Henderson, O'Neil Cruz, then Michael Harris, McCarthy, say, as Uzuka and Newbar you're right, it is, you know, a little tough in the outfield. There're telling you, don't don't sleep on these outfielders off season.
Speaker 2: It's hard to follow my own but even.
Speaker 1: In ten teams, Oh, it's there. No, it's not, uh, Cody Bellinger, Rojas. Then you have Garrett Cole U Darvish. I mean that's a pretty good start with Hayter, Hellsley, Logan Webb, Nick Lodolo, Jordan Montgomery and Drumrasmisen. The bench is Eovaldi, Hayes, Senga Vargas, Dela Cruz and Lang. Look, I think this is a pretty good roster here. I certainly like the way you attack the infield very well. But how do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm pretty happy with this. I mean, there's a lot of my targets before say I got hurt. I really wanted to say, as Azuki, I got a little bit of risk. You know, Bellinger and O'Neil Cruz are a lot of risk. I have so much good offensive support. I'm projected number one in stolen bases here, which I think gives me a really good bottom line. I think the pitching staff I got closers. I really dig There's just that there's a few holes in a ten team that maybe you don't have. But I think it's gonna I think it's gonna do all right. I think the projections are being a little harsh on me on like runs and homers and stuff like that. I actually think I'm pretty stacked on the home run totals.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to Johnny boys team as we close things out here for the last couple of picks. So John your Rosser, Real Muto, Alonzo chisholm Estrada, Alex Bregman third, then Jordan Walker, the Leap of Faith, India, Acunya, O'Neill, Ward, hap Martinez, Confordo, Spencer, Strider, Castillo, Kenlly Jans and Alexis Diaz, Robbie Ray Lozardo, Redebt, Meurs, Hunter Brown. This definitely has a first or last kind of feel to it. John, with Yoshida Rogers, Manaya Kellnick and Brendan Donovan and Bradish on the bench, what do you think of this roster and what grade did they give you? John?
Speaker 3: I'm seeing seventy five out of one hundred, so I guess I barely passed. Hopefully I'll be a laughable out. Hopefully my wife will let me go out this weekend and play well.
Speaker 1: Not if you keep checking those d ms before the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely stay away from the Facebook deams. You know what this is? This is how we would want to feel coming out of it. Again, we don't know what's gonna happen. This team has all the strikeout potential you could possibly ask for, with batting average, with pop, with speed, with balance and home runs. This you know this team is as strong as I can feel about one coming out of a draft. I'm usually not the type to say I nail the draft. I'm normally already thinking about week zero and how I'd add to it. But yeah, I really like it. I especially like the pitching staff. You know, strikeout, strikeout, strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Well, I finished right above you. I got a B That was an eighty three for me, and I'm fine. I usually get a B B plus on this because I am too aggressive on my certain players. But the winners of this draft here number three J Full Medal, K Schomer C. S Chomer seven six seven to ninety four, and the mailman brought it home and delivered the number one spot. Congratulations to the mailman. Hey, Welsh, Kelly beat you, but not by much eighty seven to eighty five.
Speaker 2: I know I finished above you, guys, but Kelly's finished right above here.
Speaker 1: This is a Proba Matters Welsh hot take here right from the draft software itself. Joe Pi's a p at Fantasy pros, liked my draft more than any other expert.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know who liked my draft more?
Speaker 1: Mike Mayor and Scott Pianowski liked my draft and they never liked my drafts ariel Cohne hated it, by the way. But I'm just glad that finally I got the respect of Mike Mayor after all these years.
Speaker 2: Mine was Todd d Clark, Andy Barrons really liked mine. I got Scott White. But you know who's the third most like Kelly Kirby. Kelly never likes Kelly loves my draft. So I'll take.
Speaker 1: The win, all right, John, who liked your draft more than anybody else on that experts tab on the expert opinions and you get any anybody who was positive with you or negative that you want.
Speaker 3: To I don't. I don't know. There's much going on that's like many of it.
Speaker 1: It's not judging me opinions right at the.
Speaker 2: Time, I just clicked on it. I can get I can give it for him. Yeah, fred Zinki loved.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very well. He's also very risky, right.
Speaker 2: Also, Dalton Delle Don Jeff Bogas Nick hated yours the most, though, so watch.
Speaker 1: Out, always watch out for that. Everybody. Make sure you go to the Twitter machine and follow our good friend John Legeza over on Twitter because he's a heck of a good guy, a great baseball mind as well, and does some of the best statistical work out there. I've known John for literally years now. Again, follow him John Legaza. Go check out his work at the Athletic and he does some just fantastic stuff. And I encourage everybody out there make sure you drop the comment in the chat. Maybe you get a chance to go ahead and you come away with one of our fantastic premium subscriptions. But if you don't want to wait, and you don't have to wait, you go over right now. Fantasypros dot com slash Premium. Go upgrade today. You can get yourself all set up there again, Fancybros dot Com slash Premium. Don't forget to make sure when you go and subscribe to the premium product here Fantasy Pros. You use everything here. We're giving you the best suite of tools possible for all of your drafts. The Draft assistant with Stink the cheat sheets, all the things that we have available for you here. They can really help get you the best team possible and that's what we want to do. So download the Draft Wizard app or go to fancaybros dot com slash Draft Wizard today and thanks shout out to everybody who've participated in the draft, and go be a peanut ntcracker Jack, join our discord Fancybros dot com slash chat and subscribe to Fancy Ros MLB because leading off every single day is going to start before you know it, and so will the MLB season. That'll do it for us, of course, but the story of the game goes on for John Welsh and our great producer Chris. The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. Follow us on Twitter at Fantasy Pros MLB, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.