Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 1: Right you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Let's get it off.
Speaker 4: How's it going everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Toenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Monday. It's Monday here on the show. You know that means had a lot to talk about.
Speaker 4: We got a raw tonight.
Speaker 1: I gotta line up here somewhere, I'll find it, but raw is tonight, so we'll talk about that. This past week was very busy. We had SmackDown, we had Collision, We had the TNA Slammiversary Show, which man did that show have its highs and lows, and we'll talk about all of those here today on the program. There's also a lot of news. We got a lot of injury updates on TNA and NXT talent. We got to get in here today. The former Corra Jade is done with wrestling for at least the rest of the year and perhaps the foreseeable future. We'll talk about that Wrestle Dream. You know, last year at wressel Dream, they did a I don't want to say they killed the town, but they certainly did a couple of finishes where people joked that they killed the town, and I thought, well, you know, I think I know where they're going next year in this town.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Wrestle Dream not in the Seattle market this year.
Speaker 4: I guess that's that.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about that, as well as Brian Danielson's return and what it means or more specifically, does not mean.
Speaker 4: At the pay per view.
Speaker 1: Goldberg talks about Gunther puts that guy over strong, and we've got some g one notes.
Speaker 4: The tournament has started.
Speaker 1: Hulk Hogan's Real American Wrestling has an outlet, a streaming.
Speaker 4: Outlet for their their first show.
Speaker 1: We has got six hundred tickets out on a fifteen thousand seed building and plenty more if you want to Texas here Today four five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at his FOURT two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, efford W Online at gmail dot com, effort w Online, Threads, Instagram, and cameo at Brian Albarez ex and Blue sky Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 5: Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about, So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it. For you eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five forty seven. Okay, let's have a little fun.
Speaker 6: Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better?
Speaker 5: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 6: So? What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: So, these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue, one eight hundred Buy blue.
Speaker 5: It's easy to remember.
Speaker 6: One eight hundred Buy Blue. That's one eight hundred buy Blu. And thanks for calling. I am a non attorney spokesperson representing a team of lawyers who help people that have been injured or wronged. If you've been involved in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, or injured at work, you have rights and you may be entitled to money for your suffering. Don't accept an offer you get from an insurance company until you talk to a lawyer. And we represent some of the best personal injury lawyers. You can find, tough lawyers that will fight to win your case, and they're so good they stake their reputation on it by only getting paid if you win. So if you've been in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, or hurt on the job, find out today for free what kind of compensation you may be entitled to. Call the legal helpline right.
Speaker 5: Now eight hundred four oh one five to one sixty three eight hundred four oh one five one sixty three eight hundred four oh one five one six fee. That's eight hundred four oh one fifty one sixty three.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show Brain Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Filthy Tom Lawler is joining us and one of our friends in the YouTube chat. Here says, I hope you're feeling better today, Filthy.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: I have no clue.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't know what he's talking about?
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 4: No, well, I hope you feel better too.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we got we got a lot to talk about today.
Speaker 4: You you watched Slammiversary.
Speaker 3: I did. I watched, I would most of it. I don't know ninety of it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Slamiversary to me was very much like my favorite show at XT Television, because you know, there's never a dull moment. You know, if you watch SmackDown, I mean there's like lots of dull moments, it's just one, you know, reminded me. I was watching. I was watching some you know, all this stuff comes up on your Instagram feed or whatever, and I'm scrolling through and and uh, you know this this bloke comes on and he's he's talking about uh, he's talking about antidepressants or something, and he goes, uh, he goes. You know, antidepressants, they they stop you from having the deep lows, but they also stop you from having the highs, so you're just kind of in the middle all the time.
Speaker 4: And uh.
Speaker 1: And then I watched his TENA pay per view and I was like, no, that's not a TEENA pay per view, it's SmackDown. SmackDown is just right in the middle all the time. There's no highs, there's no lows. It's just right in the middle. But my god, if you watch this, uh it's TENA pay per view or NXTTV, I mean, it's like watching wrestling in the nineties. You you never know what's gonna happen. I saw an awesome match with Moose and the new youngest ex Division champion of all time, Leon Slater. Match was freaking great. Okay four and a quarter four naf Star match moments earlier I saw.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'd give it less because they spent so much time outside the ring.
Speaker 7: No stop.
Speaker 1: Indy Hartwell and Tessa Blanchard was like the worst match that I have seen on pay per view since I believe twenty nineteen when the Fiend and seth Rawlins had a Hell and a Cell match that ended in a DQ.
Speaker 3: My friend, Yes, I listened to your show, Yes, Lance, and you previewed this.
Speaker 1: Match I did, and you saw ahead laid on.
Speaker 3: Since Indy Hartwall has been back, I haven't seen anything that bad. And I am sure I'm not the first person to bring this up to you, but she had a match with the former Alicia Fox not too long ago on TNA that was horrific and if you would have seen that match, you would have had different words going into this match.
Speaker 4: Okay, that that.
Speaker 1: That's true, but hold on a second. There is a big difference between Alisha Fox and Tessa Blancherd. I didn't think this match could possibly in any universe be as bad as it was, Like if you do it, If you would have told me Indy Hartwell and Alisha Fox was bad, I'd have been like, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, I am yes, I can't even believe I'm gonna say it, but I got I have to go watch that entire match because what I saw was certainly worse than it was worse than being Suzuki.
Speaker 4: Butter Bean and Suzuki.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd have to go back and watch that match again. I mean, I don't even think it's possible because, like I'll just say this, as I was watching Butterbean and Minor Suzuki. I was pretty confident the entire time. I've never seen a worse match in my life. I never thought that during Indie Heartwell and Tessa Blanchard. I did repeatedly think this is by far the worst match I've seen this year. And I had started thinking, like, how long do I have to go back?
Speaker 4: And I did.
Speaker 1: I did preface that by saying on pay per view Butterbean and Minor Suzuki was worse than this match.
Speaker 3: I mean the Alicia Fox Indian match.
Speaker 1: All right, well, send me a link, brother, or tell me what show it's on. I'll go watch it. I'll go watch it. But anyway, yeah, there were ups and downs on the show, and then we got the main event, which I gotta make this clear because you know, and even the guy on the board this morning was like, yeah, you know I didn't write the post, right, you know, he he he said, you know, I know you don't want to lose your friendship with Lance, but how can you defend that main event finish?
Speaker 4: And let me make this clear.
Speaker 1: All I said was I think I see why they did it. Okay, that's not defending it. And in that review I used a lot of words I can't use on this show when describing the finish of that match. That finish was atrocious, Like I couldn't believe my eyes.
Speaker 4: I never would have done it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that they did it. I think I know why they did it, but that doesn't mean it was good. It was Trick Williams, Joe Hendry and Mike Santana, and like there was one finish.
Speaker 4: It's in New York.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest attendance they've ever had for a North American show. It's Slammiversary. The only finish is Mike Santana pins Trick Williams. They didn't do that. Instead, Trick faked an injury, which killed the crowd because everybody knew something bad was gonna happen. And in fact, Mike Santana hit his finish on Joe Hendry and Trick Williams flew in and stole the pin. What I think their plan is is the same thing they did with Joe Hendry, which is we don't have him to win the title in like a three way. It should be like a one on one. This is your one on one match here. This is exactly what they do with Joe Hendry. It's probably gonna be Mike Santana and Trick at Bound for Glory, which is only three months away. I know that's impossible to believe October three months away, but it is like, I think that's what the plan is. But I cannot believe the finish of this match. I can't believe it, and worse, when it was over, like, yes, this was a finish Vince would have booked. Vince McMahon, it is worse he would have booked this finish. But even if he would have booked that finish, they still would have had like, oh my god, brought Glessner's in the impact zone or oh my god, you know something to end the show on an oh my God note to like give you something. No, he stole the pin. The president of TENA gave him the belt and they went off fear. I was like, oh my god, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: That's what they did well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I think, based on what I heard from the commentary team all night, I would imagine that they're building towards some big payoff where TNA gets both belts back at the same time, you know, build to it a little bit longer term. Where Santana. I mean, that's clearly what they're doing because all they talked to, all Tom talked about on commentary repeatedly was both belts in the hands of NXT wrestlers. He's yelling at Carlos Silvia's yelling at anybody that he can, how despicable it was, how awful it was, and it's like, I mean, it's getting more eyes under product, buddy, even if even in k FABE sets.
Speaker 1: There they're trying to do the fake death writers. They're trying to do Cody and Roman, they're trying to do like an invasion where yes, you got to get a bunch of heat and the other team has to win, win, win, win, win, and.
Speaker 4: Then you get it back.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like, at the very least you should have had something really cool to end the show, not just stealing the pin in a three way and going off the air.
Speaker 4: That was horrible.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I liked the show overall. I thought it was a good show, but I was astounded by the finish and how they went off the air. Astounded. What did you think was the best match on the show? What did you think of that ladder match?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I would say Moose and Leon Slater was the best match. I think the ladder match, I mean it was it was what you would expect from a ladder man. But I don't know about that finish. I mean, I guess it's a cool idea, but having the I don't even know what Those ladders are made out of.
Speaker 4: Rope. It's like a rope ladder.
Speaker 3: The rope ladder dropped down from the ceiling. You can't do any moves off of it. I don't know if those rope ladders will make their way back.
Speaker 1: What was more, it's also it's a TNA thing because, like the storyline is they ran out of ladders in a ladder match they broke, which if you really think about it, it's like, how incompetent do you have to be to book a ladder match with like fifty guys and not have enough ladders?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, even on commentary they go, this is the most TNA thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 4: That is what they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they didn't see the main event yet, All right, hold on, everybody back in the home with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Listen, everyone's just in the chat, the YouTube chat. I know, I know, I listen. I'll say it again.
Speaker 4: It was a horrible finish.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a horrible main event finish. But if you're concerned, like I keep hearing the same thing, you know, are we still going to defend this WWE TNA thing? WWE screwed him over. WWE's ruining TNA. Like, I'm not saying that this is gonna work out the same way, but this is the exact same thing that aw did with the death writers. I heard the exact same thing about Moxley. I heard, like over and over again, Moxley's main events. You know, they're they're boring. He beat the guy again. I can't believe he beats Swerve on this show. Like this sucks. We need to end it right now, Like for months we heard this, but like there was an endgame which was all in, which I thought was obvious from the beginning, but like everybody wanted to just end. Let's get it over with. We got to get this belt off. Moxley and and you know everyone can like you don't have to. I'm not saying like it. I didn't like it either, but like the point is sometimes you have to have patience. Like wrestling fans, they want everything done now. I want the payoff now. Like, yeah, I know, this was like the biggest show that they ever did. Okay, but like you don't think they want Bound for Glory to be bigger. Like I know, I get it, okay, but maybe it's not gonna work out the same way. But when that when that Cody rose, when he got pinned and they threw that chicken in the ring that WrestleMania, I was in the second row. I was like, this is the worst finish I've ever seen in my life, irredeemable. It's like it's horrible. And in fact, they somehow, somehow, over the next year made it work. Now I've said it before. They got lucky. Okay, they got really lucky, because I would bet nine times out of ten they would add a problem stretching that out over another year. Okay, but they made it work, all right. The same thing with the death Writers. You all hated Moxley, You hated the death Writers, you hated this run you hated everything about it. You wanted it to end, okay, But you know why all In worked with Hangman.
Speaker 4: It worked because of that.
Speaker 1: You had to have this death writers. You had to have a guy like John Moxley, and you had to build a guy like Hangman, and it worked.
Speaker 4: It worked in the end.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't have worked to end it earlier. So I get it. I didn't like to finish either, But like, there's a there's a method to this madness. And I'm not even saying it's gonna work. It might not, but there is a method to this, which is it's gonna happen, but you need to wait. Like not everything needs to be done right now.
Speaker 3: No, And it's clear that TNA's priority right now if you listen to Carlos Silva talk is about getting a TV deal. And when you go to investors, when you go to TV companies and you say, hey, we just sold eight thousand tickets in this NHL arena. We have a partnership in place with TKO already. Those are attractive things, you know. And the title, while it's not on a TNA wrestler, you may want them. You may want Santana to get that big moment in his hometown. I mean, and Trick Williams is a main eventor in NXT. It's not as if they sent the Virgin to TNA and he's the world champion. They said their top guy to do business over there, and eventually he's gonna lose that title. I mean, you can see the way that it's booked, you can see the way they talk about it. Eventually he is going to lose. And you know, I think at the end of the day, we probably will be saying something similar to what we're saying about the entire Death Writers storyline is that it paid off. But this was an atrocious finish. This is like you said that this show wasn't like SmackDown. This is like one of those crappy SmackDown finishes we see every single week.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, this was like a bad TV finish and it was the finish of the main event of a pay per view. And listen, this pay per view did set a record. Okay they did, they did. They claim seventy six twenty three. Okay, Wrestle Ticks had it at sixty eight hundred and set up for seventy one hundred. But you know what, I've had people insist seventy six twenty three is a real number. Are you really gonna exaggerate seven hundred? I guess you could. But the point is it was like a record for them, and it was huge. But in the calendar of events, this is not their biggest show of the year. Their biggest show of the year is Bound for Glory. It is in October, it's in Lowell, Massachusetts this year, and it can be set up for ten thousand for wrestling.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So do I think that because of this they're gonna pack it and sell ten thousand tickets? Probably not, Okay. Do I think it's very likely they could do another seventy six hundred for Bound for Glory and do the big payoff of TNA winning all the belts back on their actual like their WrestleMania. Yeah, I think that's that's what the idea is. So, you know, anyone writing all of this off and bearinge and it's all their fault and everything like that, I mean, I mean, I could try and find out, but I don't even think WWE booked any these finishes.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brian, you mentioned that the show had seventy six hundred. You know, the next big venue for Bound for Glory as ten thousand. Do you not think that the return of the Dudley Boys versus the Hardy's can make up No?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you excited for the Actually he didn't even he didn't specify. He only said Team three D. I can't imagine Devon is gonna be in this match because he he apparently had like serious health issues.
Speaker 3: So what you think it's gonna be Spike?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Spike's doing fine actually, or or one of Devon's sons.
Speaker 3: I mean, match quality wise, for sure, I would say get Spike in there over just to have a.
Speaker 7: Handicap match, a handicap man Parties versus Spike that lead that Bully Ray promo.
Speaker 1: I was absolutely dying through the entire thing. First off, I don't know why it needed to go so long, because really he only had one thing to say, which is, hey, good job guys, Team three D, and you guys have Bound for Glory. Okay, you can make it a little more exciting than that. But first he comes out and he congratulates him, but then he has to put over that. You know, you're catching up with us in terms of title wins, you gotta put himself over. Then he has to, you know, congratulate TNA on the attendance record, but then know the last attendance record he set, you know, get himself over. And then you know he's starting to build up. We gotta do this match. It's you know, I'm in the ring. You guys are in the ring. We're gonna build up this match.
Speaker 4: You guys. Everyone talks.
Speaker 1: He says about the greatest tag team of all time, and I'm thinking, all right, you've put yourself over for like five straight minutes now, so just like get it out there. You two are the greatest tag teams of all time, and you're gonna find But then he just throws a total curve ball goes and we all know the greatest tag team is actually the World Warriors.
Speaker 4: Like what.
Speaker 1: Bully drove me absolutely crazy in this in this promo here, But I mean probably both the Dudley's and the Hardys are bigger tag teams than the Road Warriors. I know we all have like fond memories of the Road Warriors when we were kids, but like they weren't as good as Team three D, and they weren't as good as as the Hardys when I was a kid, or about five hundred other tag teams.
Speaker 4: Quite frankly, it was.
Speaker 3: Their WWF run than Led two thousand. I do not have fond memories of the Road Warriors from when I was a child to be.
Speaker 1: And then he actually said Bound for Glory. It's gonna be the Hardys and Team three D one last match, he says, and it will be, I swear to god he said these words, the last great tag team match of all time. I was thinking, maybe Tom, when you're better, we could like do it one more time.
Speaker 4: But why bother?
Speaker 1: We can't possibly have a great tag match. There will never be one again after Bound for Glory.
Speaker 3: You know what. I hope he's right.
Speaker 4: Then we won't feel so bad.
Speaker 1: I guess god, Well that was a show. Any other thoughts, Oh, I got to mention this, uh must Ali is fine. He did a topey and landed on his uh basically on his brain and he's all right and uh astoundingly top Dollar the former or the former top Dollar.
Speaker 4: He's a j Francis.
Speaker 1: He like he was supposed to fall sideways off a ladder and he jumped and went through with his feet and uh.
Speaker 3: He crouched him.
Speaker 1: He crossed it after the show. Yeah, I'll help you after the show. Okay, okay, can you shut my door?
Speaker 4: Okay, well why didn't you shut it?
Speaker 1: Then she has if she could paint, well, I'm doing this show.
Speaker 7: Can we paint the picture of Yeah, he jumped off and he went balls first through this ladder.
Speaker 3: Crouched himself on the wrung.
Speaker 1: It looked like he he broke his balls and both legs, which is bad but apparently also fine. And Trey Miguel missed the pay per view.
Speaker 4: Not fine.
Speaker 1: He needs hernia surgery, so that sucks. And Elijah also, which in fact was the first report. It is a torn triceps. He got surgery. He'll be out months and months. It was it was injured. He did the Undertaker rope walk and just kind of landed weird and tore his triceps on n XT. And those are the injury updates as of right now. So all the best to everybody, even those that are like, okay, like all the like, all the best.
Speaker 2: Of that guy. I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man five ten years from now, dude, he does not need to kill himself.
Speaker 4: He's a really good worker.
Speaker 3: So I was not a fan of Was it Tasha Steeles getting the boot and then and then just going back doing what we're gonna do after the music that has come right back at you with the rest of wrestling observer alive.
Speaker 6: Attention, fellow conservative investors. What does his name Reagan mean to you? It stands for being the ultimate conservative. It also stands for the Reagan Gold Group. Do you see storm clouds approaching? The stock market hates uncertainty, and there are plenty of reasons to be concerned. High inflation, unstable debt, and economic uncertainty are just a few. You have car insurance, homeowners insurance, and life insurance.
Speaker 3: But do you have insurance for your.
Speaker 6: Retirement savings and your four to oh one k we urge all fellow conservative investors to learn about the one asset that could help ensure your nest ache doesn't crack under economic pressure. Gold Gold call the one name any conservative investor needs to know about. Reagan Gold Group.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred three six oh nineteen seventeen eight hundred three six oh nineteen seventeen eight hundred three six oh nineteen seventeen. That's eight hundred three six oh one nine one seven.
Speaker 8: Do you have diabetes. I'm sure you've seen the television commercials on the new CGM devices from all the top brands and how well they can help you manage your diabetes. Do you have the latest and newest in diabetes technology. The Diabetes Solution Center carries most of the top brands, and the great news is your insurance may cover most of the cost. Call our special CGM hotline today and our friendly representatives will help see if you qualify. You could get a new CGM from the top brands at little or no cost to you make living with diabetes easier. You are just one free phone call away to learn if your insurance covers the cost. So make this free call today to the Diabetes Solutions Center and learn for free how to get your new continuous glucose monitor.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred sixty five nine seven nine nine seven, eight hundred six five nine seven nine ninety seven. Eight hundred sixty five nine seven nine ninety seven. That's eight hundred sixty five nine seventy nine ninety seven.
Speaker 9: If you've got a property that you've been trying to show and you've tried almost everything, I want to tell you about something that you haven't tried yet you're going to think this offer is too good to be true, but it's not. Thousands of customers have sold their homes in any condition. With need to sell my home. This is a real opportunity from a highly rated company that buys homes all over the country. Did you know it's possible to sell your home right over the phone with no real estate commissions and no pesky open houses. Plus every offer is a cash offer with no mortgage hold ups. To find out how much you can sell your homer property for call now, take five minutes of your time and call for this one hundred percent free quote to sell your home.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four to three oh six seven four, eight hundred four to three oh six seven four, eight hundred four to three oh six seven four. That's eight hundred four to three oh zero six seventy four.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're laughing. You're just so proud of how you threw the commercial after the break.
Speaker 3: No no, I was on Instagram and I saw somebody's posts said group Jeff Hardy dance This Tuesday at five point fifteen pm. Excuse me, please come dress casually?
Speaker 4: Not that all right?
Speaker 3: How can you not smile?
Speaker 1: What do you think? It's SmackDown? Then we'll do some more news.
Speaker 3: Well, I tried to think about it earlier when you were saying how boring SmackDown usually is, and I was at a loss for what was even on it, which led me to believe I probably enjoy it all that much. But it's not three.
Speaker 4: Hours, no, which is better.
Speaker 3: It's much much better.
Speaker 1: But still it's too damn long. Actually it's not even as too long.
Speaker 4: It's just boring.
Speaker 3: There was nothing to it.
Speaker 4: Nah, just is there?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 3: I watched it, like the matches Charlotte and Raquel was good, you know, but they're clearly I mean, they pushed so hard on commentary that the fans are really getting behind Charlotte, and the last few weeks the fans have been going crazy for Charlotte. And it's like Joe Tess that was just an evolution, like that was the only show that this had that happened before this, but you know, the crowd was behind her here as this had. This had an also terrificly bad finish that could have been in the main event of TNA Slammiversary Interference. After Interference, rock Sang got on the ropes, Rough went to her, Alexa had pom poms in Charlotte's corner, necked Raquel on the ropes. Charlotte had a big boot, got the win, and they will challenge Roxanne Raquel for the tag titles at Summerslams.
Speaker 1: They will coming up. Man that match booked after I like, how, Charlotte just goes, well, you know, we didn't win at that show this weekend, but win lose. So I just asked Adam Pierce for a manch and he said, okay. I was like, that's this thing with you know, would have been mentioned before. But they had evolution, they had Saturday Night's main event, and they were doing all they could to try to build those up big because it was all in Weekend and the NXT show and and they all ended, and then there's two weeks until SummerSlam and it's a two night show. They need sixteen matches, okay, so it's like this is now We're just rushing to get matches put together for the show, which certainly helped SummerSlam feel like the second biggest show of the year. When you're just like, oh, the women's tag titles are on the line. Why oh, we asked after losing on the pay per view, it was like, what, okay.
Speaker 3: Are you sure we're not getting two nights of five match cords?
Speaker 1: I doubt it. It's possible, but it's Summer Slam, dude. I think it's gonna be exactly like WrestleMania six or seven or eight or whatever, slim gym Battle Royal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had h There was a show line, a show long storyline where at the beginning there was a hit and run accident and the MFTs basically tried to pin it on Fatu. The police took Fatu for questioning. Later on, Solo Sicole was out in front of the crowd and Fatu showed back up and he and Jimmy Usso fought with the MFTs till eventually it broke down and Adam Pierce came out and said that Solo will defend his title against Fatu at SummerSlam inside of a steel cage, and then he said the police came out and he said, guys, he's all yours and the police cuffed Solo and took him away, So clearly this traffic accident going to be Solo's fault. Stephanie v Kerr beat Alba Fire, why not? I guess Piper attacked her after the match seemingly. My guess is this leads to some sort of tag match or a six woman match at SummerSlam with Nicki Bella involved, Stephanie, the Secret Hervis, maybe Lola wece Di. Did she team up with Stephanie and then have a mice and then have a yeah, did she team up with Stephaniette? I'm sure some pay per view Apparently befabs back with the street profits backstage, and then we had your favorite. The Tag Division takes center stage here the SmackDown Tag Division, where Andrade and Ray Phoenix defeated Phraxium DIY the MotorCity machine Guns. This was easily the best action on the show, not even a question, like it's not even I don't know, I don't know how you can look at this show and not look at it any other way. Easily the best thing on this show. Eventually, Candice distracted and rode. He avoided a super kick. He had a spinning back elbow on Gargano. Phoenix, who was dressed up like the White Power Ranger, flew over the ropes, took out Gargano with a dive, Andrede hit the message and they got the win and they will challenge the Wyatt six.
Speaker 1: Yeah next night, even something for Summer Slam. We need Summer Slam matches.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get some chicanery, would be my guess.
Speaker 7: Maybe we'll find I mean guess a multi person match in Summer Slam.
Speaker 3: Yes, the long awaited SmackDown Tag Division multi team match that has been being built to since December, I think, or whenever the machine Gun showed up, and then we had the main event segment with what I think is a highly illegal action. I don't know. I mean, I am not a lawyer, I am not a judge, but I don't know how this sort of thing holds up in court. John Cena came out said he's not signing the contract to face Cody Well. Cody came out first that John Cena came out. Cina said he's not signing the contract. He's gonna shoot a movie. Netflix knows about it. He said, Cody can get his rematch of the future, but it's not happening in that Summer Slam, so you know, went to leave, Cody chased him down in the entrance way back to the ring. SNA tried to hit him with the title, but it magically flew into the waiting grasp of Cody Rhodes and the American Nightmare once again hesitated like he did at WrestleMania.
Speaker 7: He did, but thanks for killing the lead, but this time pulled the trigger.
Speaker 3: Hit Sina with the belt, put him through a table, with a He fell off the top rope while holding the contract. Put him through a table. He grabs in his hand, placed a pen in it, signed the contract with his hand.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know it's wrestling and all, but like God, there's so much stupid stuff everywhere. It's like, you can't put a pen in someone's unconscious hand in sign a contract and have that be legally binding. That's ridiculous. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It is. I haven't seen a travesty like this since that time. Oh and hard made Ken Shamrock tap out in the dungeon match.
Speaker 1: Remember that, Remember him tapping out? Ye unconsciousn ridiculous?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ridiculous.
Speaker 3: As if it's not ridiculous enough, John Cita, who's unconscious, is then asked if he read the fine print because that Summer Slam it's a stream fight.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was the one good thing that came out of the show. Because you know what, this match needs smoking mirrors, and if they're gonna add some smoking mirrors to the match, I'm all for it. All right, We're gonna talk collision here in a second. Some notes, But first off, I want to mention that the former Corra Jade canceled all upcoming appearances and says she is taking a break from pro wrestling. That I originally had a timident lung video explaining where my head's at. Maybe eventually I'll post it, but it seems unnecessary for now. Well, I'll keep it short, but I may take it a break from wrestling for the foreseeable future. It's no longer good for my mental health. I'll never know if that love that I once had for will return if I don't step away. I'm gonna take the rest of the year to take care of me and go from there. I apologize to the fans and promoters who were looking forward to and who booked my upcoming appearances. I hope you can understand all my supporters. Thank you so all the best of her. Hopefully everything works out and she gets her love for wrestling back. But for now, Stepping Aside has noted to be in the show. Wrestle Dream this year will be in Saint Louis, Missouri, ah Tony mad at me or something took it out of Seattle. It's gone. Pay per view will be October eighteenth. The Chaifetes Arena Premium seating goes on sale Tuesday. Pre sale starts on Thursday. It is the first time in the three year history that Wressell Dream will not be in Washington, so we we lost it. This better not be because of the attendance at those two shows in Kent, because if it is, I'm gonna be really mad. Because if you're wondering why those shows didn't do great, it's because zilch was advertised. Not a single solitary thing was advertised, and like, you can't not advertise anything, do a poor crowd and then decide, eh, we can't run a pay per view there. It's like when WWE, you know, they had that show in Seattle, that WrestleMania and it didn't draw well because it didn't when they decided, well it must be Seattle can't ever run any WrestleMania there. Again, maybe the city's not the problem, maybe you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, they did somehow choose one of the very few worse cities than Seattle, but go to in the United States by picking Saint Louis of all places? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: That's where they're going? Good God, a chai FETs arena. I don't even know what that is. Speaking of Brian Danielson, he was on his The Nicky and Bree show and they asked him about his appearance at all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he was cleared a.
Speaker 4: Lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Bree said she didn't know he was going to be on the show at all. He's about stage at events here and there, so like she didn't know he's gonna be involved in the match. And she says, were you supposed to do the moves you did? And Danielson said, well, some of them I had cleared, some of them I did not, but I was feeling it. And she said I knew Doctor Sampson was going to be upset, and Danielson said, to be fair, he wasn't upset. He just thought I was an idiot. So he made it clear he is not back.
Speaker 4: No, I am not back.
Speaker 1: He said, And uh, it was just the appearance to finish off that storyline.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: The one with Blue Panther.
Speaker 1: When he showed that blue Panther mask, Hi, is that who?
Speaker 3: Brief thought it was backstage?
Speaker 4: Perhaps I bet he was in a crowd.
Speaker 1: I don't know this for sure, but I would bet he was just sitting in the crowd the whole night with that mask on point for that main event. So Goldberg had another interview, and uh, this one was with the Boston Harold and he said, listen, don't let my displeasure because he was not happy with how his retirement went. But he said, I do not want that to reflect on my opponent. I wish I could do it again. That's how much fun the match was.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 1: I never bask in a moment, but that's exactly what happened. When I laughed after Gunther shopped me, wasn't because I wanted to step on his offense. It was I was having fun. It was a reactionary thing. Don't have that much fun. I'm greatly appreciative. So many were happy with what they saw was a long road leading up to it. A lot of sacrifices were made. In some ways it was a success. In other ways, he says it was a failure, and he still wanted to say I couldn't have done any of that match on Saturday without Triple H. That's the truth, one thousand percent. So you know, it's kind of weird because like they were on NBC, they had a heart out. It's like they had to end when they did. So, really there were only two options, and that was have a shorter match and a longer speech, or have a long, great match, because I thought the match was really good, and then you know, you don't get your speech. So you know, maybe if he had a short match and a long speech, he'd regret it not being in there longer. Who knows. Back in a moment Observer Life, you.
Speaker 2: Were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: The show Bryan Elver is here Wrestling Observer Live, Filthy Tom joining us. Well, we didn't have time to talk collision or the g one. Really, we'll talk about that on Observer Radio with Dave Tonight. Right now, Evil is in the first place in the A block and the B block Yoshi Hashi and Drula Maloney both have four points as well, so that's.
Speaker 4: Where we're at. And there was also.
Speaker 1: An injury to.
Speaker 3: Gabe Kid.
Speaker 1: Gabe Kid, yes me, so we'll see if he ends up coming back. But that's no good, so best luck to him.
Speaker 3: The coldest white boy in the land trying to speak a little nipon go.
Speaker 1: And they also the announcement of Hulkog and Eric Bischoff and now Kurt Angle. Real American Freestyle will be streaming on Fox Nation. What Fox Nation? Okay, should we see how many tickets they got sold? It was six hundred yesterday, a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: I think they have an almost complete lineup for the show really as well. Yeah, there's quite a few.
Speaker 4: Does it look good?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're an amateur wrestling fans decent enough, you had Bo Nickel out there with the UFC fans. I think Kennedy Blades is on the show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The latest update was six thirty nine, so good. Now it's a you know, thirteen thousand seat building. We got six thirty nine out anyway.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're gonna outdraw them, will be Yeah, we might.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow. Body, thanks for listening. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network