Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm Strong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetty and choices we got in life? Those were your choices? Who show somebody got shot?
Speaker 2: Oh? How good? Hold on the dirty dead? What on one with my da?
Speaker 3: Don't shatby?
Speaker 2: What the hell is this?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 2: That is?
Speaker 4: That is Rapper too low? Who is appearing as a kiss a guest on a podcast? Who the gun went off in his pocket? Apparently somehow?
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, guests on a podcast. To have a podcast, all you need to do is own a phone or a computer. So is this a podcast with any I mean anyway, So he's sitting around talking to a guy and his gun goes off. What's the most interesting to me is these people live such a lifestyle. The reaction is, Hey, who's gun went off? Somebody's got.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gun went off.
Speaker 1: Whereas most of the company I keep, if there were a gun shot in the room, we would all be quite flabbergasted.
Speaker 2: Who shot who?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, is that a gun in your pocket? Or you're just happy to be on my podcast. Hello, play that again, Michael, just the beginning.
Speaker 3: Of it and choices we got in life. Those were your choices.
Speaker 2: Somebody show Are they okay? All right? Getting back to our topic, motivating ourselves for the new year?
Speaker 1: Rapper too low? If metick to your diet through January. Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: So there are a couple of things I wanted to do yesterday as kind of a kicking off the year thing.
Speaker 2: But we have so much, let's get to it. We can't get to all of it. But I love this. I'm gonna hit you with part of it and then we'll move on. We got a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 4: But this is written by a guy named Jeff Goldstein, who is a writer I really like, and he has this redeclaration of independence, and you'll know what he's driving at immediately. Be it so understood. This is my vow for the new year too. I refuse to unpack white violence. I reject the idea that my existence perpetuates white power structures. I will not, and in fact cannot, examine my ipplicit biases.
Speaker 2: I'm an individual. I refuse to grant determined interpretive communities authority over my being, my meaning is mine. It's what makes me me.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking any journey to discover the impact of my privilege on black and brown people. I will not become anti racist or anti fascist to satisfy your demands. I reject cultural Marxism. I am an individual. I'm not divined by my color, my lorige, and my sex. I'm jeff good to meet you. I will not respect your pronouns or celebrate your queerness. I am hostile to your sexualization of children. I reject your triggers and your desire to control my speech.
Speaker 2: I know who and what you are.
Speaker 4: You are my presumptive master, or else the useful idiot who empowers him. But I will grant you and your ideology no power over me. There's more you want to hear a little more sure. I reject equity because it is collectivism disguised as virtue. I reject inclusivity because it is inorganic, superficial, and contrived.
Speaker 2: I reject mandated diversity.
Speaker 4: I will not surrender to the crayon box mafia, nor do the gender changelings who pretend I am construct answerable to the whims.
Speaker 2: Cultural appropriation is merely culture.
Speaker 4: It expands to include and it makes up the very fabric of a pluralistic society. No such thing as digital blackface. My whiteness is not violent, my sex is not oppressive. My religion doesn't concern you, and my children are not yours to mold.
Speaker 2: Your beliefs will not be imposed on me.
Speaker 4: The state will not parent my Sonsy Yes.
Speaker 2: Digital blackface, I'd forgotten that term.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and again if you've lost a thread, This is a re declaration of independence.
Speaker 2: Queer theory is critical. Race theory is critical.
Speaker 4: Consciousness is the Marxist rejection of the individual as individual. I have some stats on how many states queer theory is being taught in schools to little children as truth and is as shocking. Well, one more time. Queer theory is critical. Race theory is critical. Consciousness is the Marxist rejection of the individual as individual. Cultural Marxism is determined to raise norms so chaos, tear families asunder, and reduce being to collective conformity. I reject its premises is fully as I reject its adherents. I will not comply. I will not mouth your slogans. I will not denounce on command. I am not your tool and you are not my minder, and he has a little more about my speech is my own. I reject each of your excuses to silence me. I don't ask for your protections. I can filter information without your interference, Mark Zuckerberg, and I despise your presumption to protect me from myself. I am your sworn enemy, and you are mine. I will not perform for you. I will not read from your script or dancing your follies. Oh my brother, we'll post this at armstrong igedti dot com.
Speaker 2: It is brilliant and he goes on. But that's the main.
Speaker 1: Party, and it fits in with that Wall Street Journal article I was reading from last hour. The progressive moment in global politics is over. That moment existed mostly online and with the high level university set. It was a much smaller group than we all fought were feared, thank god.
Speaker 2: But it was.
Speaker 1: Misleading because it was so prevalent in TV, newspapers and Twitter in places like that. But it was not near as big as we all thought. And the best thing that could happen to people that are on the right side of that, and you could be a lifelong Democrat and be to the right of all that stuff by a law shirt like Bill Maherr and lots of people. The best thing that could happen for us is if they continue to believe that they have the numbers they think they have as opposed to the tiny fraction that actually agrees with them.
Speaker 2: Right. I'm reminded of something great you've brought to us.
Speaker 4: I think it was last year about how it only takes fifteen percent of a population that's dedicated to a revolution to make it successful. Because you want to give us the nickel version of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to have the fifteen percent really really active group that wants to overthrow the current regime. But you get a big enough chunk of people who mostly agree with you. They're not going to really do much, but they're not going to get in the way. And then you have the crowd that's scared of you, and you can easily get over fifty percent.
Speaker 4: Right, right, And that's how you went. And imagine if you were in that hardcore fifteen percent that wanted to, I don't know, for the sake of the argument overthrow Western society in the name of neo Marxism. Imagine if your first step was to capture media and education. I mean, that would be an enormous coupe because you could, and I'm stating the obvious here, you could project the idea that you have way way more mass than you do for your radical ideas like radical gender theory, which I will.
Speaker 2: Give you a clue.
Speaker 4: It's like over a third of American states are teaching radical gender theory. There's no such thing as a man or a woman. You get to choose to little kids in schools. So man, these scumbags, And I'm sorry for the for the you know, I'm a wardsmith. I can do better than that. I apologize these monsters. At least it's more adult. The fact that these monsters have gotten as far as they have is really really troubling. But you know, on we go with the fight Trudeau resigning in Canada is a lot of what sparked, For instance, the Ulstreet Journal article one on the list of Western leaders or parties that have really suffered defeats, trying to ride the whole pronouns LATINEX, you should be ashamed of yourself for being a white male thang.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, he was huge into that.
Speaker 4: And what's really troubling about this, and we've had a bunch of conversations as you got to year. Well, just you keep calling it fifteen percent for the sake of the argument, you get your hardcore fifteen percent that are activists. Well, the genius of neo Marxism developed in the intellectual salons of Europe in the forties and fifties, nineteen forties and nineteen fifties. They wrote books, they signed their name, they told us precisely what they wanted to do. The genius of it is they have crafted, and it's an evil genius, these moral sounding arguments that convince a certain sort of person that they are doing the right thing morally by becoming an adherent to Neo Marxism. And it's particularly effective among women who want to seek agreement and groups and acceptance of that sort of thing. And it's particularly successful among your university crowd who want to be on the cutting edge of thought. That's how they gratify their egos by being the innovator, the new person, the revolutionary. It's incredibly I mean, they take practically sexual glee for being innovators in the universities, because how are you going to justify your big salary if you in any level of education, say you know that stuff we've been doing, it's perfect. I wouldn't change it at all. Sure you've wasted your PhD. So anyway, man, you have heard a lot of gunsh uns. If your reaction to a gun shot in a room is this.
Speaker 3: And choices we got in life? Those were your choices?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Who could be calmer than that shot? Who did somebody get shot?
Speaker 5: Huh what?
Speaker 2: It would be the.
Speaker 1: Most amazing thing that ever happened in my life if a gun went off in a room.
Speaker 2: We're sitting there interviewing, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Rich Lowry from the National Review of rich says who shot who?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Somebody gets shot? And choices we got in life? Those were your choices?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: It actually pretty interesting conversation before you know, the gun went on. So the other thing I wanted to squeeze in a couple more kind of wrapping up the year, looking forward to the year things, because I I'll rant and rave about the previous story.
Speaker 2: For the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: But uh, Jan Crawford was on CBS's face the Nation Sunday. I saw that, and she brought the thunder that the most uncovered and underreported topic last year was clearly she said, quote that to me, Joe Biden's obvious cognitive decline, they became undeniable in the televised debate, unquestioned that that's the most underreported story of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely true, but will be lost to history.
Speaker 2: It's amazing that there isn't more introspection over that.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the really interesting part, she says, still incredibly, we read in the Washington Post that his advisers are saying that he regrets that he dropped out of the race, that he thinks he could have beaten Trump. And I think that is either delusional or the gaslighting the American people.
Speaker 2: But CBS's chief Election.
Speaker 4: And campaign correspondent Robert Costa jumped up and said, well, President Biden has repeatedly said he was sick during the debate in Atlanta, and he's always been fine, and he leaves fine. That is his position, the position of many of his top stadents as well, is even though there is that reporting that Jan was talking to reduce the obvious, accepted by everyone reality of Joe Biden's cogg Gold decline, as there is that reporting, but he has now Jan he has said repeatedly ad a cold Costa's lost to me, he's he's lost his mind.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that's for. Eighty five percent of America before that debate thought he shouldn't serve again. So I don't know who you're serving with that, But enjoy your bubble bob. Why haven't I invested in an Invidios stock? Maybe it's because I can't say it pronounce it correctly.
Speaker 2: It was fine. They made a big announcement. Today's jumping again. Damn it, damn it late.
Speaker 1: Don't get in now. The announcement's pretty interesting, among other things. On the way, stay.
Speaker 2: Here, Okay, why is this happening to me on a Monday. I'm in a waymo car to writer support. This may be recorded for quality assurance. This car is just going in circles either, Mike is a scab. I'm calling from Weymouth Support.
Speaker 4: I'm just calling because I receive a notification at your car might be experiencing some rotting issue.
Speaker 2: Please scare with me while I am here. Yeah, I got a flight to catch. Why is this thing going in a circle. I'm getting dizzy and I'm really really sorry.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 2: We're currently working with the situation on the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Is it circling around a parking lot?
Speaker 2: Rowing around a parking lot? I got my seat belt on, I can't get out the car. Has this been hacked? What's going on? I feel like I'm in the movies.
Speaker 1: So that's a guy in one of the Waymo cars in San Francisco. They're all over the place. I was there just a couple of weeks ago, and I've been meaning to ride one. The only thing that slowed me down is they don't remember to download the app, and you know, you gotta download the app and put in a credit card and blah blah blah that sort of stuff. As soon as I remember to do that, I will ride one of those Waymouth cars. They're all over the place. Say look really cool, And every once in a while you have a story like this where a guy is trapped inside and it's going in circles?
Speaker 2: Are they they?
Speaker 1: You know, they come to something in the road and they don't know what to do, But they're driving constantly all over the city, so most of the time it must work pretty well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they're expanding to I can't remember. I'm trying to find the article in front of me. It's a bunch of different cities in Texas and that sort of thing. This is the year that not nationwise certainly, but in spots across the country, the self driving cab becomes a reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that leads me into this story. What is the most valuable company in the world. If you're in stocks at all, you probably know that it's Nvidia, Nvdia. They need another vowel in there. It's surprising that they've been as successful as they have. Three and a half trillion dollars, outstrips the previous number one, which had been for decades, Apple by a lot. And it's ninety percent of their businesses these computer chips, well the consumer some were An electronic show in Las Vegas is going on right now. Remember when you went a couple of years ago, Michael.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a cool thing to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a great time. Yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I would love to go some year just to check it out once. But anyway, the guy that runs in Vidia, Jensen Wang.
Speaker 2: Is that how you say his name? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I should know, since he's one of the most powerful people in the world. Unveiled their next family of gaming chips that he says, is going to make robotics technology just explode. These new chips are twice as fast as the previous chips, not a marginal increase, ten percent faster, twenty percent, fifty percent, twice as fast, wow, as the previous chips.
Speaker 2: And what it's going to do about Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he says that in the next couple years, robots will be training robots, because that's one of the things that's really slowing things down is having people have to program all these robots one at a time and it's just a laboring ten some slow et cetera.
Speaker 2: Robots.
Speaker 4: So you say goodbye to your internal organs, as they'll be ripping them out when they come for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they would come and rip out my internal organs, but you're a fool.
Speaker 2: But I guess that's the real hold up.
Speaker 1: So when the robots can train the robots, then you'll have just an exponential doubling every time explosion of robots everywhere.
Speaker 2: We'll see how that goes. Wow.
Speaker 4: But gaming robots, I mean, that's that's what I need to I would like a robot sparring partner, because you know how much I love to box. That would I don't love to box, but that'd be something though, or tennis or what have you. Nobody wants to play golf that dad, say, robot, let's go play nine holes.
Speaker 1: We've been kind of sleeping as a as a species on this whole AI Robot thaning. But it's coming fast and it'll it'll be fun to watch it. And I don't know do whatever it's going to do to the world.
Speaker 4: Well, those of us who feel the existent terror will be in the woods hiding from our robot overlords. And you fools, you naive fools, you'll be the first to have your organs yanked.
Speaker 1: At tell you what if I could get one to do all my kids laundry, I'll buy it tomorrow. That'd be pretty awesome. We got a lot more on the way. Text line is four one five nine five kftc Armstrong and Getty. So Mark Zuckerberg, who runs Facebook? Facebook's still how big a deal with Facebook?
Speaker 2: Still? I don't have.
Speaker 1: A sense of that when I googled on the wayne right, Well, it's not as big as it once was. I realize that, but uh, is it still? But you mean Facebook?
Speaker 2: Or Meta? Well?
Speaker 1: I know it's meta. We no I mean Facebook, I mean Facebook. How big a deal of Facebook?
Speaker 4: Well, it's still making enormous amounts of revenue, right, It's easy to say, well, it's declining. It's declined from a zillion dollars a year in revenue to you know whatever, slightly less than that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, or it's declined from every buddies on it all day to most people are on it a lot, which still makes you very dominant.
Speaker 2: AnyWho.
Speaker 1: Zuckerberg, who runs the thing, made to some big announcements today was on Fox to talk about it.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get back to our roots and focus on reducing mistakes, simplifying our policies, and restoring free expression on our platforms. More specifically, we're going to get rid of fact checkers and replace them with community notes similar to X starting in the US.
Speaker 4: If you're making big changes, does that mean you were doing something wrong before?
Speaker 2: Look, this is a great opportunity for us to reset the balance in favor of free expression. As Mark says in that video, what we're doing today is we're getting back to our roots and free expression.
Speaker 1: That is pretty damned interesting. I think it's really good news. But it's first of all, it's interesting that He's okay with flat out saying in his announcement, We're going to do it like Twitter's doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just basically Elon's right and I was wrong.
Speaker 4: I think it's at least my interesting that that second voice you heard was Joel Kaplan, who's this spokeshole for Meta as opposed to Mark Zuckerberg, because in a very politician y way, he refused to acknowledge any mistake.
Speaker 2: You just well, who are going to get back to our roots of blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Because Zuckerberg has said not unfactioned friends, I think that was he on tape, doesn't matter. He said it's gone too far quote We've reached a point where it's just too many mistakes and too much censorship. The recent elections also feel like a cultural tipping point towards once again prioritizing speech, and he also said the fact checkers have become too politically biased.
Speaker 1: Mark Zuckerberg is the dumbest sounding billionaire in the world. Now he I assume he's smarter, and I think he's just socially awkward. Is that his problem could be just comes off as anyway. This is unmistakably good news as the whole fact check thing is well, it's we all know what it is.
Speaker 2: And has been for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no kidding, it's it's just dressing up my opinion, man, is a fact and telling you to be quiet.
Speaker 2: You don't get an opinion because mine is a fact. But isn't.
Speaker 1: Wikipedia's model is basically community notes, right, And a lot of you feel like it's not.
Speaker 2: Well up and no, no, I would say, no, that's not true. It used to be.
Speaker 4: Now it is run top down by a the Wikipedia Foundation, which is an extremely progressive organization, and it no longer operates the way it grew up.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't I never I don't Wikipedia stuff that could be controversial very much. And I don't know if it seeps into the stuff that I look at, you know, like I look up Baye Brute's pitching.
Speaker 2: Record, that sort of stuff. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm being misled by that sort of stuff on Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Wikipedia. No, No, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I will occasionally, I'll use it for something quote unquote controversial, but I.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, looking at NBC News' version story, it's pretty transparent. I feel like, yeah, yeah, but yeah, Wikipedia has gone way left from what it was ten years ago.
Speaker 2: I've been sitting on that story for a while. Just trust me, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It used to be left leaning in the way that virtually anything involved people who love words and like to write and talk and want to change the world, they practically all lean left. So in Wikipedia was that. Now it's wildly like Marxist.
Speaker 1: So, for instance, if I didn't know much about the October seventh massacre in Israel, and I thought a good place to learn about it would be Wikipedia, you're saying, no, it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Beware, gotcha. Yeah, yeah, it would probably not.
Speaker 4: You know what, I might during the commercial break, actually take a look at that very thing. It's an interesting question speaking of the progressive end of the scale, and good for Zuckerberg. I mean, it's too late, and I'm sure in plenty of progressive places, I'm sorry, in conservative places, he's getting a hell kicked out of him for doing all the damage they did during COVID, for instance, and all under pressure from the Biden administration. And now he's as much as admitting, well, Trump's down now, so we're gonna we're going to be a little more neutral about stuff, and it is despicable on one hand.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, they're doing the right thing finally, so.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of your social media platforms and all that sort of stuff. Big ruling while we were off for two weeks, they court shot down that whole rule two thirty or section two thirty.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, whatever the heck it was in nine from outer space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was supposed to deal with that, and don't I don't even remember if I was supposed to be happy about that or sad about that. But anyway, they're not going to change the way the relationship between the government and those platforms.
Speaker 2: Right right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There were a couple of cases over break that I thought, you know, I probably ought to look into that, but it was one of those like a mid level court rejected the appeal of the rejection of the action by the administration. I'm like, it's going to take me too long to figure out what's going on. Let me know when the final ruling comes in. Anyway, a couple of things really quickly. The folks at the National Review have collected a what they call the Wild Blue State Laws of twenty twenty four. This is progressive state laws that passed at the end of last year while everybody was heading off to get drunk on eggnog and exchange gifts and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Or honor the birth of Jesus. You don't have to just get drunk for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I have been shamed, publicly shamed, and I deserve it.
Speaker 2: I am ashamed.
Speaker 4: California schools, for instance, barred officials from alerting parents about gender dysphoria. Now, school officials aren't allowed to take your kid on a field trip or administer tylan all or any other over the counter medication without parental a. School leaders must notify parents of any pesticides used on campus, according to the state code.
Speaker 1: But starting my god, so if at that school they use roundup to get rid of the weeds around the batting cage, they got to tell you.
Speaker 2: But if you're kidding a pesticide, right for a bug. If your kid decides to be a different gender, they keep it a secret.
Speaker 4: They're legally barred from alerting parents if their children show symptoms of gender dysphoria of whatever sort. So if your kid shows evidence of a mental illness, they're not allowed to tell you in California not allowed.
Speaker 1: Some spokeshole, not only not forced to, they're not allowed to.
Speaker 2: It's forbidden. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, that beyond you don't have to, it's up to you two, you're not allowed to.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, there ought to be groups of parents marching on schools right now and committing completely non violent acts of persuasion.
Speaker 1: Has Gavin made a statement on that, because otherwise he runs for president, he's going to He's going to be up against. Therefore, they them were for you again, just like oh did Na Kamala.
Speaker 4: He'll get absolutely electorally murdered. Absolutely. Newsom spokeshole claimed the law quote protects the child parent relationship, how by preventing politicians and school staff from inappropriately intervening in family matters and attempting to control if, when, and how families have deeply personal conversations. Wow, how orwellian is that? And people don't resort to arguments that or wellian because by accident that's full on the ministry of peaces waging war.
Speaker 2: I mean, wow, that is crazy, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: I mean if I were a sincere advocate of that position, I'd say I would say, look, parents, and I've heard this argument parents might go crazy and beat their child or send them off to conversion camp or something, and that would be cruel and abusive. I mean, it's a terrible argument, but at least it is honest in its way. It's perverse, but it's honest to say that the law protects the child parent relationship by preventing politicians and school staff from inappropriately intervening in family matters. That's incredible. I know, it's horrified. That frightens the hell out of me. It's a shout that there are people that would.
Speaker 1: Write that sort of language knowing what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Wow. You just said up is down. Believe me, follow me.
Speaker 4: Wow, said a lawyer with the conservative Liberty Justice Center, which is challenging the law and court Praise God. Opponents of the lass se it violates parents' constitutional rights to make decisions involving their children's physical, mental, and emotional well being.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 4: School officials do not have the right to keep secrets from parents, but parents do have a constitutional right to know what their minor children are doing at school. Oh well, I hope the Supreme Court hits this one. In an outer space. It is obscene, it is horrifying, and It is a shocking just a failure of the media to not be digging into how horrific this is. But they're so biased they don't I don't know. We could spend the entire rest of our careers talking about this.
Speaker 1: That's the most troubling thing I've heard this year. I was troubled by the law, but that wording of it, yeah, like I'm too stupid to know what you're doing, really bothers me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I I don't know what to suggest to the folks other than vote, go to school board meetings, talk to your kids teachers and tell them.
Speaker 2: Please tell me and I.
Speaker 4: But if their careers are ended, or if they're prosecuted, what are they going to do? So now, conservative teachers, moderatesane, Well, I'm sorry anybody but insanely neo Marxist teachers is terrified by this law, and.
Speaker 2: It's getting no attention.
Speaker 1: We're keeping the government out of the relationship between the parent and child. You are a dangerous human being that I.
Speaker 4: Agree to that I would agree one more from California. Last March, Hunting Beach, California gave the thumbs up to a ballot measure that said you got to show voter ID like most American states, and anybody who's a black person who you tell, well, you black people, you have trouble getting ideas, would say, who the hell are you to insult me?
Speaker 2: It's it's again.
Speaker 4: It's a tiny percentage of Americans who believe voter ida is somehow racist. But anyway, Huntington Beach said, no, you got to show ideas. The state is suing, claiming the voter ID requirement is unlawful. They are trying to prosecute Huntington Beach. It's unlawful, right, oh my god, to prevent anybody in California for asking for it. Illinois criminals, they said, let's move on to the great state of Illinois where I grew up. A part of House Bill forty nine forty four oh nine, which Governor J. B. Gender Bending Pritzker signed in August, a person convicted of a crime who participates in an adult reab program will no longer be officially referred to as an offender, but rather as a justice impacted individual.
Speaker 2: You gotta be kidding.
Speaker 4: The terminology was ridiculed on social media, blasted by Illinois Republicans, called a new terminology gift wrapped for Republicans language Orwellian and gobbledegook. Noting that justice impacted individuals sounds is more like a description of a crime victim than an offender.
Speaker 2: No kidding, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Colorados have the waiting period for life ending drugs to commit suicide, completely ignoring and this is typical of progressive policies. The experience in Canada, where assisted suicide is exploded now includes people who are just depressed or under financial pressure. Anyway, they've cut the waiting period from fifteen days to seven. Certainly a week is long enough to decide whether you're going to end your life or not. Vermont has approved injection sites for deadly drugs, ignoring the models of California and Oregon. If it sounds good, pass it, never mind that it's been proved a miserable failure. This is good. Oregon has forced home care workers to pay SEIU duties. That's the Service Employees' International Union, the super powerful mostly West Coast union. I don't know that that's true, but they're hugely powerful on the West Coast.
Speaker 2: I could explain why.
Speaker 4: But even though they're not members of the union, they've found a way in Oregon to force them to pay union dues.
Speaker 2: That one's just silly. Oh, this is my favorite.
Speaker 4: Minnesota Democrats took advantage of holding a rare trifect in state government. They had the governor in both houses and got busy trying to turn their stateue into a frozen progressive parasite. They got busy. They've curbed the consumption of nuisance beaver meat. Nuisance beaver's my new band, uh for reasons that are not yet clear.
Speaker 2: In the National Review, what is nuisance beaver meat?
Speaker 1: Is the Oh it's okay, the beaver was a nuisance Okay, it's not describing the meat.
Speaker 2: It's describing the beaver. Okay, of a nuisance beaver might be a more clear way to put that. But I love this writing.
Speaker 4: For reasons that are not yet clear, Twin Cities Democrats added a provision to state statues barring people who killed nuisance beavers on their property from then eating the dead rodents. According to a report in the Minnesota Star Tribune, Wow Wow, a leader with state's Natural Resource Department department, told the paper he had not yet received a solid answer about the law's purpose. What are we talking about. We're talking about the legalities of eating beaver. That's just ridiculous, said a Minnesota Republican.
Speaker 1: Coming up, I have got a great list of the classic rock, slash oldies slash throwback acts that are touring in twenty five and it is pretty entertaining.
Speaker 2: Stay with us, Armstrong, Hetty. Some more political news.
Speaker 5: Today, Congress convened to certify the results of the presidential election and Vice President Harris oversaw the process.
Speaker 2: H Harris is like, and with that, my drive January is over.
Speaker 5: Even more upsetting, a confused Biden than walked in and sang her Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Hey, get him out of here. He's not even humming them for like they're mocking the president.
Speaker 1: So for the year twenty twenty five, a whole bunch of big musical acts are going to tour from the past, and here's a list, thanks to the New York Post. Acdc's touring, which I actually would like see. I think that'd be pretty cool. I saw a clip of them the other day.
Speaker 2: Look pretty good.
Speaker 1: At least what's the guy who where's the school Way outfit? He was killing young I don't think I've ever seen him do that live, so I wouldn't mind seeing that. But Ringo Starr and his all star band whoever that is featuring members of Aerosmith, Electric Light Orchestra, Toto, Men at Work and more. Yes, it's like the world's greatest cover band, but there's a member of the bands they cover in his big band. Musically speaking, it's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 1: Ringos one hundred and seventy. But this tour Billy Joel, which on his own would be fine, featuring Steven Nick's Sting and Rod Stewart, what the hell, it's an odd sting odd group. James Taylor, Rod Stewart's One Last Time Tour, which is a completely different thing. He's claiming it's his last tour. More on that in a second, Heart's Royal Flush Tour featuring Squeeze, Cheap Trick and Lucinda Williams. That's an odd group of them all. But Elvis Costello, Craft Work. The Eagles are still playing its Sphere again. I saw them. You heard me talk about that with my son, who was freaking awesome. Dead in Company is playing at the Sphere, which I'd like to see. Although I paid a ton of money to see the final Dead and Company show last summer. Apparently apparently it wasn't the final show. Sc Santana is playing Joan Jet John Fogerty, What how old is John? He's one of my musical heroes. Springsteen and the East Street Band are going to tour in twenty five. Eric Clapton is going to tour, although he will lecture you about vaccines from the stage, so get.
Speaker 2: Ready for it.
Speaker 1: Roger Daltrey of The Who will tour Elo on their own Bachman Turner Overdrive taking care of business somewhere in America. Earth Wind and Fire were some people that at one time were in Earth Win the Fire, Foreigner, Styx, Grand Funk Railroad Chicago, Cheap Trick Again America, Three Dog Night, John Oates just singing the John Oates parts of Hollan Oaks, Sea Dog Night, Toto Supply. I didn't even air supply, air supply. Are they alive?
Speaker 2: God? I didn't even get to some of my.
Speaker 4: Favorite ways you wanted an air supply on stage shack they got the hose under their noses.
Speaker 1: Hello, heiyo oh oh, that's a good joke to end with. And we got more of those groups to mention. Eighty plus year olds touring and calling it rock and roll. Who the fuck Armstrong and Geeddy