Speaker 1: One of the biggest misconceptions about buying a home right now is that you have to wait for the perfect moment, perfect rates, perfect timing, perfect market. The truth is that moment doesn't really exist. A lot of buyers pause because of headlines or assumptions, but every situation is different. Race change, market shift, and personal goals matter just as much as what's happening nationally. That's why talking to a local lender can be so valuable. When you contact Doctor Mortgage, you get paired up with a local lender. That lender will give you your options. That lender will explain the situation. You can ask your own questions. That's what it's all about, getting to the closing table as simple and as easy as possible. Our friends at scot To the Mortgage focus on helping people understand their options. Whether you're ready to buy now later or just starting to ask questions. There's no pressure to make a decision, just a chance to get real information and a clear picture of what's possible. Sometimes the smartest move isn't waiting, it's getting informed. Visit stock to dot com today to learn more about your options. MLS eight two five nine, Equality and Lender n MOLS Consumer Access.
Speaker 2: You guys are back here an hour or two Kentucky Sports Radio. Now there's the text machine, I know, just flying with people. They liked the lines. Let's go through some of them here. Uh, Trentoa has a beautiful body.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I understand the assignment.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yes, some cow ones haven't seen him. That's a good one. He did that a lot. No crying on the yacht. Yes, I've always liked that one. I think that's actually a really good one. Like you can't. You can't, although he cried on the yacht his entire last two years. Here another cownd You see what I did?
Speaker 1: See I did there.
Speaker 3: I've got a good one from football. Get your money, Garrett?
Speaker 1: How did I forget? Get your money?
Speaker 2: Garrett?
Speaker 1: Yes, get right that that.
Speaker 2: Day at the remote, I believe it was out there at the Bourbon Place, right out in out.
Speaker 1: In what's the place of spirits?
Speaker 2: Billy's here by the way, misspoken spear when that dude called in and he found a way to just completely flip the script. By the end, everybody hated him. Yes, he basically.
Speaker 3: Admitted to demon players when they play.
Speaker 2: Bad until Yeah, he in hassling them, he admitted to kind of being the instagain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got on him.
Speaker 2: Geez, move in silence like Lasagna.
Speaker 3: This little Wayne cal stole that one.
Speaker 2: Yes, one person rights, Matt, I live in Ashland. I don't believe you that we have the best ice cream machine. It's broken all the time.
Speaker 1: If that's the best one and it's broken all the time.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they just don't report the brain I'm sticking up for the Ashland. Let me also say this my Lexington McDonald's rankings. There's a new one coming up the leader board. Really, I'm still gonna put Harrisburg Road first for consistency, but Drew, you advocated for this place, and it's now on my new drive in win Chester Road. Not the one closer to downtown. I haven't been to that one, but the one next to the interstate. Yep, elk corn elcorn Elite, I get almost no one there. Yes, diet coke always perfectly proportioned, very efficient, very efficient because it looks quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: El corn Billy now has moved up to number two on my McDonald's Lexington ranking.
Speaker 4: How are you enjoying the new restaurants around Hamburg.
Speaker 3: We've got new stuff popping up.
Speaker 2: There needs to be more stuff out there, and I can only I've eaten it Ramseys a lot, and I like Ramseys, but I like, I can only eat those greens so often.
Speaker 1: They just opened a Chick fil a Chick chicken and chicken salad Chick chicken chicken, the Chick fil a Chick, the chicken saladar.
Speaker 3: And I like chicken slid chick. Where is that over by Drakes?
Speaker 1: Just go kind of behind wild Eggs over there?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I may eat there some I like that. Yeah, there's they're getting to know me.
Speaker 1: At Rafferty's.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be like Oscar you be and Oscar and Job, I'm gonna be the new because the salad with that dress, that dressing they make is really good. The hot hot bacon, hot bacon. Yeah, so, Billy, I do kind of think we need more, don't you. For how many people live.
Speaker 4: Out there, there's a lot out there, but there's a lot of chains. Yeah, there's a Steak and Shake though, ye.
Speaker 1: Man, I'll weigh four hundred pounds by steak and.
Speaker 4: Shake Like there's not as many anymore. So I try to enjoy that one, But.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm getting used to it. Yeah, and I'm I'm I'm eating at home sometimes.
Speaker 3: If you have a tea water flat?
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I had something caught in my throat there graping that I am? You said you eat it home?
Speaker 2: I have deli meat.
Speaker 1: No way, your mom had to buy that because you didn't go by that, Okay she did, but I eat it. Did she buy some bread? Yes?
Speaker 2: I keep it in the refrigerator so that it stays fresh. Shakes for longer.
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah? Are you going so eat and HOMEI fixed himself a sandwich, Billy. You're two weeks from getting married. You're excited?
Speaker 4: Uh more, we're nerve verse than I am excited.
Speaker 2: That's the parties Friday night. Lexing City election needs to watch that. We're about to hit the room.
Speaker 1: What are we Doing's just wait?
Speaker 2: I know we just Downtown needs to watch out.
Speaker 3: We're coming.
Speaker 1: Are you gett nervous? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And starting to you know, eat my own deli meats and white birds. Saving money is what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 3: Well, You're gonna feel an actual weight lifted when it's over from all this planning and worried about flowers and guest lists. It is like such a sigh of relief when all that's behind you.
Speaker 1: Charge wis, don't put me with somebody.
Speaker 4: I don't like some people from the from the building, but it's mostly you guys. Yeah okay, and you got a table like right in the center.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, we like being the center.
Speaker 2: Need to be pick up my suit that this week.
Speaker 1: It's in.
Speaker 2: My tan suit. Shades of brown.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking we all wear brown Friday night for the bachelor party. I was gonna text you a I do have a brown shirt.
Speaker 1: I can I do too? We can. We can do a practice.
Speaker 2: Maybe we all wear brown Friday night. Look look for the look for the walking Browns on Friday night.
Speaker 4: We have an industrial sized Margarita machine. Industrial size, industrial sized. There's a few surprises. There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: You have somebody driving you right. Well, we're trying to work on this. Yeah, we all have a driver. Paul, Paul's gonna be a driver.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get Cutler, but he can't even get into the TVT, so I will need a driver. Yeah, all right, Well let's go over something. First of all, I saw the Odyssey. All you did, Yes, you're the only person I know that's seen it New York. I was in New York for like four days. I want to go see the Odyssey. Sold out every showing, everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'd you see it.
Speaker 2: I found a ticket. I bought it three days in Ants at nine to thirty am in Queens. Oh my goodness, all right, I get up at the crack of dawn. Well for me, eight thirty, get on the subway, go all the way out to a story of Queens which is far away. Get there. Have you ever gone to the movie theater at nine thirty in the morning. No, I did one time in New York. Actually it's crazy, but it was. Pat got popcorn. Hard to eat popcorn at nine to thirty in the morning. But you can't go to the movies without popcorn, can you?
Speaker 3: Hard stair away?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now, was it at one of the Big four D five? It was?
Speaker 2: It was the seventy milimeter, But it wasn't the Imax oka cause those are sold out for like six weeks. Because so there's only like forty theaters in the country where you can see like how it's supposed to be. And then there's like what we call imax, which is pay. I've learned all this stuff. It doesn't matter. Point is I think you could see it on anything whatever. It's still this It's still good, right, But it was on one of the sort of premium e things. It's I highly recommend going for the experience. As a movie, I think it's good. I don't think it's the best movie that's ever existed, but I think it's really good. But in terms of the experience, and what I mean by that is the visuals and the sound and all that, it's one of the better movie experiences I've ever had. Like if I would I watch it on Netflix, maybe, but I don't think it would have the same impact. I think you have to see it. It feels like you're on the Odyssey, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And Christopher Nolan's good at that a lot of his movies.
Speaker 1: It is meant it is.
Speaker 2: It's maybe as much as any movie I've ever seen. You remember when Gravity was out, that was a movie that I remember watching the theater and think this is amazing. But I was like, I don't know if I would think this is amazing if it was on television. There was something about feeling like you were in Spain. Huh, that's kind of how I felt about it.
Speaker 3: I don't they have a big fancy cup. Did you get one of those?
Speaker 2: I did not get a stupid I mean, if they got one, I didn't get.
Speaker 3: They already out for you. Maybe I'm gonna try to sneak away and watch it.
Speaker 2: But I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. Uh, Matt, Damon's really good. I mean it's worth it for like the Cyclops is. First time you see the Cyclops.
Speaker 1: It's like wow. No, it was like wow.
Speaker 4: And the sirens, well you that well, I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to spoil it, but it is a three thousand year old poet.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're spoiling it.
Speaker 2: Like you've had a chance.
Speaker 1: Didn't people buy ticket to this like a year in advance.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, I don't know. Hey, by the way, Romeo and Juliet died the.
Speaker 1: En what spoiler alert Titanic sinks. The sirens are not in it very much.
Speaker 2: The sirens, like you know, are not a huge part of the movie. Cyclop's a huge part of the movie, and there are other things that he encounters that are big parts. But oddly that I thought there would be more sirens.
Speaker 1: As I said, didn't people buy the ticket to this like a year in advance to get ready for one time?
Speaker 2: I think some parts so.
Speaker 1: If we're hearing Kentucky our closest, there.
Speaker 2: Is no imaxing the way that he intends for you to see it. You can't see it in Kentucky. There are IMAX theaters, but they're apparently not the surround you by thing. But either way, I don't think that matters because I didn't get to see it on one of those, and I still.
Speaker 3: Thought it's I watched my first movie in Forever a few nights ago, and I think you've seen it. Did you ever watch Obsession?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 3: I don't get bothered by scary movies. I can't think of one time a scary movie has lingered with me. I've not slept it has stuck with me. It's supposed to be really good. I recommend it, but it'll it'll get to you.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I said on this show the Invite.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 2: As much as I like The Odyssey, I like the Invite more. Yeah, I went and saw it again. I saw it twice, saw it in New York. A guy fell asleep in the front row and snored so loud, and people were throwing things at him trying to wake him up.
Speaker 1: Did you participate.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was right in front of me because I was in the second row. I even shook his chair. He wouldn't wake up. I think something was wrong with a guy. Finally got up at the end, because it's very emotional at the end, because it's hard to be emotional when a guy's like.
Speaker 1: And he was snoring like a cartoon.
Speaker 2: And finally guy got up and woke him up, and he just got up, walked outside, got more popcorn, came right back in and sat down. And let's usually be a movies.
Speaker 4: It's hard to watch a movie in the first row or the second row.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have seen osse if it was. The other thing about the Odyssey is everybody that's so it was all controversial about the casting. The people everyone complained about were in it for like two minutes. I mean again, spoiler alert, the person people can complain the most about dies in the second minute of the movie.
Speaker 3: So they got their wish, got him out of there.
Speaker 2: Like if you just if you're mad about the casting skip the first two minutes. They're gone, they're dead.
Speaker 3: I don't have to see anymore now. The sirens aren't in it much, and someone does in the beginning.
Speaker 1: And Cyclops is a big, big star.
Speaker 2: I love the Cyclops, and I will say I want you all to see it so we can discuss the Cyclops. I think I think I was on the Cyclops side. He's just living by himself in a cave.
Speaker 1: Hot take you're taking right here.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, okay, fine spoiler. He's living by himself in a cave, min in his own business. He's just hanging out. He's not bothering anyboddy, He's got some sheep. He's just a Cyclops. He's like, whoa, okay, I got one eye, leave me alone. And then they come in and they start attacking him, and he's I'm on his side.
Speaker 3: He's a sympathetic creature.
Speaker 2: Well, they attacked him.
Speaker 1: He was not bothering Anybody's minding his own business in his cave. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's like two or three different scenes where they land on an island, somebody's hanging out and then they attack them.
Speaker 1: Leave them alone, don't bother anybody.
Speaker 2: Go back home. So we don't like Matt Damon, Well, I think, yeah, I don't want to get too far into but I think it's an interesting telling because we always seeing Odysseus as the hero, but like when you think about it, he just keeps going island to island killing people.
Speaker 3: Serial killer.
Speaker 2: I mean if you just if we were to just go on vacation to Costa Rica and start stabbing people, wouldn't be a hero's legitimate commers.
Speaker 4: He never would have thought I would be on the Cyclops side.
Speaker 2: But maybe you go watch it now, get over the fact that he's ugly and has one eye in his face and tell me if that way just exactly he couldn't help it.
Speaker 3: He's doing his best.
Speaker 1: Tell me if you don't think it's rude what they do to the Cyclops. What your line?
Speaker 3: A man looks like a man looks a man just looks like a man looks. He's doing his best out there.
Speaker 1: Does he have a bad history, That's why he made He deserves no his war record.
Speaker 2: He's just living in a cave. He ten sheep and they come and they try to kill him.
Speaker 1: He said try.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should go see it Friday night to kick off the bachelor party.
Speaker 4: Did I get a cocktail at the movie theater?
Speaker 2: Actually, you can't think there are ones here. You didn't get a cocktail.
Speaker 4: It was also like three hours long, isn't It is three hours long?
Speaker 2: So if we were going to do that, we would need to go like in the afternoon because it's it's long and it you know, I mean if at the end you're tired, you feel like you went on the.
Speaker 1: So when you were there at nine thirty in the morning, was it packed packed?
Speaker 2: No? No empty seats. The guy is the bad guy. He was in all the Twilight movies. What's his name, Robert Pattinson, Robert Patty. He's really good in it. You want to I wanted to kill it.
Speaker 1: He deserved.
Speaker 3: He's become a meme. I've seen that clip all over.
Speaker 2: You get these beggars out of here. That's my Robert Patty, very good.
Speaker 3: I like, I don't actually see the movie.
Speaker 4: Now, all the spoiler alerts we got all right?
Speaker 1: Tell me about doctor doctor Mortgage. I had like three clothing with him last month, and I'm looking forward to another good fall bying season coming up. But you got to get pre approved before you go out and get started. A lot of houses still on the market. So if you're thinking about moving here and everybody at the end of the summer, let's doctor Mortgage help you and get you to the closing finish line. At the closing table, give him a call or go on line. It's a lot easier to go online. Just hit the button get started, Doctor Mortgage, NMLS A two five nine Equal Housing Leonards, Stockton dot Com.
Speaker 2: When you watch it, tell me if you just look at it from a different perspective, try to put yourself in the shoes of the sock.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, closing one eye.
Speaker 2: Right now, we have a lot of people riding in on the cyclops side.
Speaker 3: On cyclops defenders.
Speaker 1: Watch it. I bet you'll be on the side.
Speaker 2: You all have big hearts. I bet you're on the cyclop side too.
Speaker 1: If you just mind his own business, Tendanny Sheep in a cave. That's right, I'm bothering any.
Speaker 2: Person, says Matt. Are you that ego centric? You can't help yourself giving spoilers to one of the biggest movies of the year. It's been out for three thousand years. You had time, and it's not like it's some book. Nobody read you know I read the cliff notes. Yeah, yeah, Well I don't know if I read it, but I know that it existed. When person writes Matt, I don't usually get mad about things, but I did think the casting was poor. It's not what Homer would have won it. You know, Homer's not a person, right, That's another thing Homer would have gone with, Ben Affleck. Homer doesn't exist. Do people know that?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: Now another spoiler like no, but I mean that's not in the movie. But like those Greek things, they were not written down. It was like just people telling stories. So there is no Homer. Now what else you gonna break my Heartbeck? You thought there was a guy named Homer, like Homer Simpson writing this stuff.
Speaker 1: I think there is a Homer Simpson, isn't.
Speaker 4: There wasn't there like one Homer that's credited with some of it. It is a pass down story, but there was one guy, I.
Speaker 2: Mean a person. But like the story changed over the years, like any story, like there is no whatever Homer was. What you read was like it didn't even get written down. I think until like the fifteen hundred.
Speaker 4: It is the lawyer coming out on you when you're defending the cyclops after watching them.
Speaker 2: You know what, if the cyclops got put on trial, I'd be glad to be its public defender. What happens to the sheep, Well, I'm not the spoiler alert, not worried about the sheep. Now, you know what happened yesterday, Ryan, what happened yesterday?
Speaker 1: The Red Mile opened? The Red Mile opened, went live race.
Speaker 2: So my buddy went to the opening The target Hunter went to the opening room.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: He said it was the most fun he's had in years for live racing. He went to It was opening day of the Red Mile. First of all, did you know that?
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to the Red Mile for racing?
Speaker 1: I went a couple times when it was back in the day when they kind of pumped more popular. I gotta be honest, I didn't know they still had live racing. I didn't either.
Speaker 2: He said there were a lot of people. He sent me a picture. There were a lot of people there. Yeah, did you know that they still people go and watch racing at the Red Mind? I knew they did the gambling, but.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know about racing. I've been there a few times. Still models and it was sixteen. Every time I've gone, they're doing well over there a.
Speaker 4: Little hot outside for racing to be underway.
Speaker 2: But they're in a cart. Well, they pull a cart, so I mean, I don't think you have to worry about the jockeys.
Speaker 1: They're just sitting there. They're just chilling.
Speaker 2: They're just in a cart getting pulled, I have to tell you. And he said he had the most fun I have never I honestly thought they stopped racing at.
Speaker 1: The Red Mile a decade ago. I want to go. I bet it's great people watching. We should go.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably fair where you want to go?
Speaker 1: Audio.
Speaker 2: I asked him what it's what it was like, and he said, it smells like joy and mint.
Speaker 1: Though. You know they got that that car that has the gate. I got to ride in the back seat of that car, and you're like, what a foot away from the horse's head is there roll?
Speaker 2: You know, horse's head or the rear?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you got on it wrong.
Speaker 1: No, the cars the car's in the front.
Speaker 2: Oh, the car is in the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha, it's got the gat in it. As it goes around, the horses come up to the gate road in the car. Yeah, in the back seat of the car one time. Was that fun? It was a little scary to tell the truth, because those horses are like right there and they're your car.
Speaker 2: Know when to go away?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You didn't bother to ask when.
Speaker 1: You The man told me there. But that was twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of. I don't know how long. I don't know when they start art, I don't know when they stopped. But he said it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Is sam Booie still race?
Speaker 1: He should be out there all the time? Sam Booie, he used to own some harness racing horses. Yeah, he was big into it.
Speaker 2: Sambooy owned harness racing horse big time.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Big time?
Speaker 1: Like he had a lot of horses. He was really investing in some the racing part.
Speaker 2: So Sambouy took his NBA earnings and invested it in harness racing horses.
Speaker 1: He was big into it. Really.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've seen him riding before.
Speaker 1: You had Yeah, I think you think so. Hey, there's video of minute Bowl on a harness horse one and a buggy and he's like, what seven foot seven a red No, not at red ma This is like in Indiana.
Speaker 2: I want to say that I've seen sam Boui. No, Sam Booie rode. He rode in a race. I believe, Well, they had to have lost. He had to have been He's three hundred pounds. I mean, I would assume those little guys are little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of them are old guys and like they even you know, that's what I heard. He said they were like in.
Speaker 2: Their sixties some of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Internet tells me he also trains them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sam Booie trains harness racing horses. According to he was picked before Michael Jordan in the draft. According to Standardbred Canada dot.
Speaker 1: Com, it's it's his hobby, retirement hobby.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't ride like regularly.
Speaker 1: No, No, he basically I think he had just owns him and trains him. But he did still do it. I don't know if he still does or not.
Speaker 2: This is I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'll find out. I'll get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: We had a remote at a place that did it recently, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out there in Woodford County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, we did what was the name of that place? I have the hat something farm, right, Yeah, I don't remember it, but I just was amazed. And the Red Mile was right across the street from kas Bar, and I never knew that they were. I thought they I literally thought they stopped that in like twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: They simulcast other harnessed racing. You're in their little restaurant area.
Speaker 2: I've been to that that.
Speaker 1: Time. Food's good in there too.
Speaker 2: You know the food is actually good. Yeah, it is, the only problem with that place is the cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They they don't still let them smoke cigarettes, do they.
Speaker 4: High Bramble Park is where we went.
Speaker 2: High Bramble Park.
Speaker 1: Thank you well.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they I was surprised at the good review of going to the Red had a good time. He said it was awesome. He was trying to get me. I was driving back from the airport from Cincinnati. He was trying to get me to come out there. He's like, I promise you you'll have fun.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it. I think I've been there maybe five times, and each time I had a great time. You think they would let us ride on the thing. They let us ride in the car on the truck.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ride in the horse. Do you think they let us ride on that car.
Speaker 1: I think they would definitely let us ride in the car.
Speaker 2: I would do that. That would be fun.
Speaker 1: We'll set it up, I.
Speaker 3: Said, we go see Odyssey and then Friday to see if they're racing Friday, we'll go wearing brown Wow, who knew?
Speaker 2: Eight five, nine, twenty two eighty seven. No, don't open the boones. We're just gonna keep going like this. Uh. Do you want to talk a little bit about U of L's base. U Havel got a group on for the Bahamas trip. It's like the fire festival.
Speaker 1: Be right back. TJ.
Speaker 2: Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 3: He'll make them.
Speaker 1: Pay now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: People keep sending me, uh stuff about Sam Bowie apparently still does it.
Speaker 1: He's still doing it. Still own some horses, Yeah, yeah, involved in the ownership, and Drew said maybe even the training of their harness racing horses. It's wild, good little hobby for him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta be into something, right. That's what Jokic does too, doesn't he? H Really you told me that, you know Friday night Billy's bachelor party. What you say, is happening at the Red Mile Friday night? Well, there's no live racing, so I thought, well, let's see what's going on. We have DJ Green in the fund zone. Looks fun, but also it's dollar ninety nine steak night.
Speaker 1: What I'm in.
Speaker 3: But then it says dollar ninety nine steak says in parenthes not just steak. Does that mean you get more than steak? Take a date night to the clubhouse for our coaster doll. I'm just reading straight off of Red Milk dollar.
Speaker 1: Steak baked potato cost you fifty though.
Speaker 2: We'll just skip it. We're going I'm not eating Friday night dollar. I love you all, but we're not doing a dollar ninety night steak.
Speaker 3: It says not just steak. What does that mean you get other animals?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out five to ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, racing is a negative, but dollar ninety nine steak curiosity?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So we got to talk a second about U of L's Bahamas trip. Yeah, have you been reading about this? No, so U of L's going to the Bahamas. They're playing at Baha Mar. Just for the record, that was what we were supposed to do. So they were gonna be there at the beginning of the week and then we were gonna So that was gonna be this week. So like we were supposed to be in the Bahamas, like Wednesday, Thursday, Friday of this week, maybe Saturday. Okay, Louisville was gonna be there. I want to say, maybe like Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: We were gonna overlap for like a day. We've decided not to go, so Arkansas took our place. Now, I was told that if we went, the games were going to be on the SEC network. But Louisville went and they decided not. ESPN decided not to show the games. So number one example, just for the record of why you're little brother. Okay, you're sweet, little brother. I'll pinch your cheek, but your little brother, because they were going to show our games and they decided not to show your games. Okay, okay, got you, Sey Love. But if you ever want to know the difference in the programs there, it is concrete. Louisville then decides, well, let's see if we can broadcast the games themselves. They decide it's too expensive to do video of the games. Fair enough, I can understand that if you don't have ESPN's production company. I would assume when you're in the Bahamas, you're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Hire a bunch of freelancers down there to do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would argue though, I mean, you could just have a guy with a camera and stream it. You could figure it out. You could find a way to do it if I mean they stream you know, Boyd County basketball against Buckhorn. Every high school basketball game in the state is on Facebook. You can't get a U of L game on something.
Speaker 3: We even got Casard to work there ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used my phone when it went out and straight like, just bring a guy and just hold a phone up. But they decide they can't do that then, and this is crazy to me. They decide it costs too much to even do the radio broad.
Speaker 1: What just.
Speaker 2: Think about how much how much could it possibly have cost to do the radio bro, all you got to do is what send the radio people and the producer. What could that have cost? Five thousand dollars maybe maybe maybe ten.
Speaker 3: We even know a pickup truck that'll drive him to and from the game with their radio equipment.
Speaker 1: I mean, you get one sponsor, that's all covered you're telling me there's not one way you couldn't afford at u of L to send Paul Rodgers and a producer to do the game.
Speaker 3: Well, I think Bojamar would probably been confident for the promotion.
Speaker 1: Well, good point.
Speaker 2: Baron Crawford has an article that says, you have l decided it would cost too much to do a radio broc. People have been doing radio since like the twenties. Cost much to do a radio broadcast every high school in this state, broke. I know what's in the Bahamas? So you got a plane ticket?
Speaker 1: I bet Baja mar would comp the rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the time. I mean that is is that not unbelievable to you?
Speaker 3: I mean you could just take a cell phone if you were that worried about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to be rude. Call me. I'll send you down there. It ain't that okay? So then so that so so they play tomorrow, that their fans have no way of seeing or hearing the game, not stream live, not on the radio. I mean they I guess there'll be Morse code should we go stream it for them. There's a part of me that wants to get on a plane and just Mario and I film, I'll broadcast it. Got things to say about them?
Speaker 1: You get to play by play Mario, she's the video.
Speaker 2: All right, So they're not doing that. Then they decide some of their players don't want to play, like one or two of them are hurt. They only have eight, so they just cancel one of the two games they've already forfeited one. Why are they going so their Mohama's Trip is one game where they can't afford to do a radio broadcast of the game, and they've canceled one of the games that has to be the most low budget trip ever. Are they gonna eat No, I don't think so. They're gonna do like when astronauts take their food.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: Louisville the whole thing is we make more revenue than any school in the country.
Speaker 4: Well, they're in the negative numbers right now. They've actually made that public reaper.
Speaker 2: But you're telling me there's not one business in Louisville that would have paid to just send a microphone in Wi Fi connection down there to do a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely they could get that. Paul Rodgers, Gusts and the equipment, so.
Speaker 3: They have commerci.
Speaker 1: You need to read Eric Crawford's article like.
Speaker 2: There are high school I mean they seem to have worse finances than ninety seven percent of the high schools. If Middlesbrough got invited to the Bahamas, they would find a way.
Speaker 1: To play it on Foxy FM. There's no doubt the radio crew would go.
Speaker 3: I'm supposed even going to Bahama, not the holiday in downtown.
Speaker 1: That's what I wonder. Is it gonna get switched? We're at the Motor Lodge.
Speaker 4: The most expensive roster in college basket, that's what.
Speaker 2: The most You can't ask Flory, but dooon good to be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: All right, man, can we spare a few bucks?
Speaker 3: My parents really want to hear this broadcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am absolutely baffled. If I was a Louisville fan, I would be furious. I know it's a stupid game, but like this is the time of year where you're like wanting it and they have a chance to be good this year and you can't even put a radio broadcast of the game.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they're going there and just gonna play one game.
Speaker 2: Why not just not go they're down to one game?
Speaker 3: I mean, we went a decade ago and sec network still made this big production covered everything.
Speaker 2: I mean Arkansas, Okay, so again we decided not to go. I don't like that either. But they went to Vegas. I assume they paid for the hotel.
Speaker 1: That comped.
Speaker 2: Okay, they paid for the Spirit surely. But Arkansas's going down there playing three games. I think one of the games is on the SEC. Now.
Speaker 3: Cow will find a way to get that publes.
Speaker 1: I guarantee their radio crew is going.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they're gonna have a broad COW would not sign up for what Louisville's doing. I mean, if I were them, just like, let the sheriff fly on the wing.
Speaker 1: Him call the game.
Speaker 2: He can sit outside.
Speaker 3: Does he get jurisdiction in NASA?
Speaker 2: It is one of the more low budget and I have to say I kind of feel sorry for him if I was their fans, like, wouldn't you son play this game? This is going to be like when they played the games against like Center College and the Kentucky YMCA in the twenties. There's gonna be no record that it's a curry.
Speaker 3: You just can email out a box score. Anybody's gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Try to imagine.
Speaker 3: No reporters are going I can't believe they canceled the second game. You're already down there, just play again.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute. Even though the current journal beat writers.
Speaker 2: Crawford said, I don't know about the Courier Journal, but Eric Crawford said that no reporters he knew were going.
Speaker 4: Now if you went, this could be the Katina Powell trial all over again. Everybody waiting for your updates.
Speaker 1: I think we should get You could sit mid court with your little phone.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I had a week's notice, I would just have us go.
Speaker 3: We could do great play by play for him. Yeah, we'd be nice.
Speaker 2: I would talk about how good the team was, how I'm it was really a nice event. We'd go to the pool with Pat unbelievable. I mean they must, that's why they want Congress to pass a bill. Why are they even going though.
Speaker 1: Let's it they spend all this money on this roster and then they can't afford to play two games, and they're you know, I mean, we have two games, and you cancel one. You aren't there.
Speaker 3: Maybe should their allegian play gets there.
Speaker 2: I think they're flying. I think their boat left like three days ago to try to get there in time. The Sauce of the Summer is the seventeen seventy six sauce from Red State Barbecue, created in honor of America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday. This limited edition sauce is smoky, sweet, tangy, and bold. It's available at Hamburg and Beaumont Liquor Barns, Kritchville, Meets on Southland Drive, or online at shop dot redstatebbq dot com. Two hundred and fifty years of America's fire, flavor and freedom, It's the Sauce of the Summer, the seventeen to seventy six sauce at Red State Barbecue. That is one thing I miss is I'm not as close to that Red steak I used to. Yeah, I used to get that order asked all the time. I bet I can't even get it where I am at.
Speaker 1: They'll They'll find a way to get it to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I will, because I do. I do miss this.
Speaker 1: I went to I went. I tried their barbecue sauce this past weekend. That's all get really good, got a little smoky flavor to it.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll take a break right back, Scass quarterback Tekee Sports Radio. I gotta say. The text machine has got some funny comments about the UFL thing. One person rites, matt U of L is actually getting to the Bahamas the same way Odysseus did in the office. Here's fifty men on a row boat. They've just stopped Cyclopus's island. It's funny. I'm sorry, unbelievable. One person rites, matt U of L has broke in a bad way. I have friends inside the program. They are panicking. I don't know if they're panicking, but they are. I mean they are. Their financial outlook is really poor. Maybe not this year, but like in the next. I think that's part of the reason they put so much money in the basketballs is that are the entire system of college sports is going to work against a team like LOUD, not in one of the two big conferences, wants to spend at a high level, but doesn't have the revenue to really justify it. I think that and doesn't have the donors like Texas Tech just to subsidize it. I think they are in it. I think they are in a difficult spot.
Speaker 1: They're all in on the basketball. They're hoping that and that's why they all want that thing to pass Yeah, that bill. That bill.
Speaker 2: The thing you have to remember about that bill is the bill before Congress is essentially I would refer to it as the acc Big twelve bill. That bill exists to try to keep those conferences competitive, and we'll see if it ends up passing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it will or not.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of broke schools right now, our schools that are will soon be very broken. And they're in the conversation one person rights, Matt, are you have you given up on the Reds. They're playing well, they've won three straight.
Speaker 1: Series, right. They just beat the Cardinals this weekend series. They did.
Speaker 2: They're showing some lot. They're still I'm not getting up my hope. They have a ten game homesticker. Okay, trade deadlines next Monday. They go five and two in the next seven games, then I will start carry Oh he's coming back. So we got to go five and two. And that's and we're playing teams that are better than us. So because remember our our schedule in September is we play it is hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about that having the season started. It was easy early, hard late.
Speaker 2: Ellie's I like watching Ellie Chase Burns goes tonight.
Speaker 1: And you've got these good young players Elie, Chase Burns, South Stewart. You got some people to build around.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we need to trade. We so the trade deadlines next Monday. If we don't go on a run out here, we need to trade some of our guys, trade the ones that are all about to leave. So Tyler Stevenson, the big old accountant guy, Nathaniel Lowe trade them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but saw tomorrow's tarps off Tuesday? Are you going for tarps off Tuesday?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: The off the Reds promotion. I've got prob sounds like they're excited.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go to some games this week. I haven't gotten to go a lot this year. You're right, so I'm going to go to some this week.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get the email addresses the guys so we can give them their tickets?
Speaker 2: No? Where where are they?
Speaker 4: They're lost in transit. I'm not sure where the scorecards are. I thought I gave them to you. They're not in the studio.
Speaker 2: So if you came in second or third in the Lexington Golf scramble, Billy lost your addresses. That's why I haven't given you your tickets yet, get in contact with Bill clerical error. We're working on it.
Speaker 4: But the Summer Set Golf Scramble went on sale today.
Speaker 2: Havenout Summerset Golf Scrambles on sale. We'll put up the links. Where do you go.
Speaker 4: The website? Mario posted a link.
Speaker 1: Correct and send me that.
Speaker 2: Link and I'll post it to So the Sumrset Scramble is on sale. So Louisville still got a couple spots in now. Summer Set is different course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about this course as the first time we've ever been to this one. It's very scenic, kind of got some fun holes. I'm looking forward to a new spot.
Speaker 2: So we're one week away Ryan from me starting the ESPN show. Is it a week from today? Week from today? They we are not prepared.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 2: My room still needs to be painted.
Speaker 1: Has your equipment been set up?
Speaker 2: They have not sent me the equipment yet. They have now told me that I have to set it up, which means Mario has to set it up.
Speaker 1: But they hadn't even shipped it yet.
Speaker 2: No, it was still sitting in their office in Bristol when I was there.
Speaker 1: You should have just brought it with you maybe been quicker.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, it may not look like a professional broadcast on day one, but it's we're one week away.
Speaker 3: Did you have room to grow? It'll get better.
Speaker 2: It's true our I went up to Bristol, we had our meeting. I hadn't been at ESPN since before COVID. During the week, it is kind of like those commercials, like people are walking around.
Speaker 4: Like there's a mascot walking around.
Speaker 2: I mean there's not a mask, but there are people, you know, walking around. I will say more people said hello to me on this trip than every trip.
Speaker 1: Comebine, you got to sit at the big boy table.
Speaker 2: Find it a little bit of a week. Okay, Now now I have to act like you exist. We're sticking your chest out of bit called Matt Berry Randy Scott. That didn't go No, that Barry's going to SEC Networks. Yeah, Matt, Barry is gonna be big. And I screwed up. I thought that was Randy Scott and I went hey Randy, and he goes, hey, Matt, I'm Matt.
Speaker 1: Oh just testing making sure make sure your fans intioned it had to be a weird situation for you because you're excited, you're getting ready to start a new venture with ESPN. On the day that they let go some big name people.
Speaker 2: They go a lot of people, and you could feel it in the building when you walked in. You could feel like a lot of that. A lot of people lost their jobs, and so it's weird, like this is your first day. Everybody's like, you know, and there are people writing me going and they fired so and so fired Karl Ravage to put you on.
Speaker 1: Now they didn't.
Speaker 2: It's not the same job. I'm sad about Karl Ravas though they did him wrong.
Speaker 1: Like I said, he was electington a lot to the current SEC basketball game.
Speaker 2: So who's gonna be the new Jimmy Dyke's guy? Is even Tom Hart?
Speaker 1: Hopefully?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So let him go.
Speaker 3: Not great, But the way they did it after three decades could have been handled better.
Speaker 2: Well what would you have done?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: He found out on Twitter like yeah, like no one had a conversation with an ESPNS was already out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's tough, like but you know, just cub it cool waiting to jump in on his desk when he including.
Speaker 2: I was not a vulture standing there trying to are.
Speaker 4: There clicks in the cafeteria like high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, for sure you could with my produce. My producers British. So I just sat and listened to his voice. I think he's the first first time I'd ever spend any time with him and just listening to a British person talk.
Speaker 1: So if you admire him both there.
Speaker 2: I know he was there earlier in the week, so I was there having meetings. We did have meetings over like just what we were gonna do. Okay, we're gonna do a segment where Myron tries to create a segment and then when it fails, I mock him like shark Tank.
Speaker 1: He's trying to idea.
Speaker 2: He's gonna try to because he has a bunch of ideas and they're all terrible. But I was like, rather than me tell them you're terrible, I just want you to try to make them work and then we'll go from maybe the best part of the show.
Speaker 4: I think it will be whatever gets them worked up.
Speaker 2: And I got a name tag that was not oh name tag that I will say that was a moment for me, getting the official Disney name tag. I now get forty percent off everything at Disney World. All there, you go, get my own parking spot. You get to park at the front at disney World or at Disney World.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, my goodness, Now borrow that a few years I have to be there.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm not going with you and your kids to Disney World.
Speaker 3: How long until you have to ask them for a new badge as you lost that one?
Speaker 2: Maybe already I may have already lost it. We'll go to DraftKings, Reds and Guardians tonight. Go to Draft Kings bat five. You can GetUp two hudred dollars in bonus bets promo code KSR. Who you got?
Speaker 1: Red? Just one, two or three for my cardinals? So they're right now. I'm gonna ride with them for right now? Rick?
Speaker 2: Who you got?
Speaker 1: Who's playing Rick's back?
Speaker 2: Rick? Did I lose you there during the show? Did you not hear it?
Speaker 1: So? What do you?
Speaker 2: Were you not paying attention? I was doing something else here? What were you doing?
Speaker 1: What were you doing? What were you doing? Producers stuff?
Speaker 2: Reds and Guardians?
Speaker 1: Who you got?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the Reds all right?
Speaker 2: There you go, Billy, Nice to see you.
Speaker 4: Yeah you too, Thanks for letting on?
Speaker 1: What is that shirt you have.
Speaker 4: It's my NFL Stranger Things collab shirt.
Speaker 3: You like that Us in the park for cover zero that covers zero.
Speaker 2: Later today, we will see you tomorrow. This has been We'll take your calls tomorrow. It's been. Kentucky Sports Radio glad to be back.