Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: What's the most sensitive fan base? We stumbled upon that today after a caller yesterday. I think she was inferring that we don't give the Buffalo Bills enough credit? So what fan base is? Did we put on that list earlier this morning? Seaton? You know, I kind of want to keep it to just football.
Speaker 3: Okay, keeps it a little narrow and right now we have Cowboys, Bills, and Patriots.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody else you would put on there, it will just keep it to those three.
Speaker 3: I seem to be the most sensitive.
Speaker 2: Okay. By the way, We'll be at the NFL Draft the bar On Home Grown Way, located about three blocks from Lambeau and we'll be there for three shows. We will have a studio audience, and we will have a meet and greet on Wednesday night. Details forthcoming stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. We'll talk to Christopher mad Dog Russo coming up here in a little bit. I would like to be in the NBA Home office today just to hear the conversation by the Commissioner and his lieutenants about John Morant with another gun gesture. Last night, he hits the game winner against the Miami Heat, which is what we should be talking about. But this is back to back nights for John Morant, back to back games with a gun gesture and having already been suspended a couple times for actually having a real gun. I don't know if the commissioner does anything. I think he talked to Buddy Healed and John Morant in the last game between these two teams, Golden State and Memphis. But after talking to them and then this happens, does the commissioner take action here? As we wind down, the regular season Final four is set on Saturday, Florida Auburn, Houston and Duke, and the Women's final four tonight Texas and South Carolina, Connecticut and UCLA eight seven to seven to three DP show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, it's our streaming partner. Thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. Sean in Oregon leads us off, Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hate to see John going down the wrong road here and trying to see how good is luck is. But I don't think the commissioner could do anything to him because he probably didn't break any rules. I mean, you can't actually go unpunish for somebody for not doing something not supposed to do. And I know when I was younger, if you didn't want me to do something, ask me not to do something, and watch me do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Sean, thank you for the phone call. The NBA has no rule explicitly banning a gesture, but it has fine players for things like throat slashing and there's a few of them. Grabbing the crotch is another one. But with the recent history of John Morant, the gun gesture takes on a whole different meeting here. You know, the league suspended him twenty five games at the start of the season. He did the Instagram live of the gun riding with his friend's car, you know, And I'm starting to wonder and maybe not wonder anymore. It's not his friends who are the problem. It feels like John's the problem because if you're one of his friends, protect him, help you understand what he's not getting. You know that these suspensions not getting through to him, and now he feels like a victim. Now he feels like the world's out to get him. You know, Draymond Green did this like, oh woe is me? No, No, you created all of this. You created all of this on the floor. Nobody's out to get you. You got yourself. And the same with Ja Moran, who is what a little over twenty five years of age? And I don't know if the NBA cracks down on this other players, have you use that celebration as well? You know, do you all of a sudden draw the line and say, now we're going to enforce this. I mean to be fair, If we're gonna litigate this or I'm gonna have somebody give both sides, then maybe you can't do anything about it. Maybe it's just another talk. But if he has an actual gun and he's doing Instagram where he's in a car, that's different. But this maybe the commissioner can't do anything about it. I don't know, all right, poll question for the second hour the program is going to be what their seaton O'Connor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now?
Speaker 3: The ones we got up there is which fan base has.
Speaker 2: No sense of humor about itself?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, we have the bill's Cowboys or Patriots. Right now, the Cowboys have a slight lead in that one. Yay, John Boy's won something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did it.
Speaker 3: John Morant needs to be helped or suspended right now? Eighty percent of the audience say suspended.
Speaker 2: By the way to meet writing in case you're wondering, we have burgers, we have buffalo wings, and we have smoked potatoes. Soundent. Who has it better than we do? No? Nobody? Yes, those buddies. Uh Tom in North Carolina? Hi Tom, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Thanks for taking my call DP Excuse me? Sorry?
Speaker 8: Uh, I was actually thinking about this maybe a sound like a shot toward Fritzy, But I actually know Houston Astro fans that still deny this the cheating scandal.
Speaker 7: And I'm also wanting to I'm wondering if all Denver Bronco fans are obnoxious as Fritzy is during the football season.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're obnoxious. I mean, you do love the Broncos, but I think you have this based in reality of you don't have high expectations.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's another one of those you know. Citing examples are one example of abnoxious behavior. Wearing bright orange and Blue. That's their colors. I don't think I talk up the Broncos like they're going to the Super Bowl any types.
Speaker 2: Again, thank you Paul and IOWA. By the way, our starting lineup the King of comedy, Fritzy Seaton, Marv Paul ears truly in the back room, guys, Paul and IOWA. Good to have you back. Paul. What's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Hey Dan?
Speaker 4: On the poll question today, I would just say, you know, Cowboys fans aren't really too serious, as in prickly anymore. In the year twenty twenty five. They're more laughed at my pain or yeah, I know I hate it too, or yeah, we're just good enough to be disappointing. That's what I hear from Cowboys fans I know. I would say a few fan bases. The Raiders are very serious on game day, the Packer fans are incredibly critical of their management. And maybe a more fun poll question would be what's the most unserious fan base?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to start probably with the Oakland A's in Sacramento. I don't know how you could take that set up seriously. I don't think they can host a playoff game. I think baseball realizes they can't host a playoff game. If the A's would happen to make the playoffs, I don't know if they can. So imagine allowing the A's to relocate the Sacramento but then knowing, hey, they better not make the playoffs because I mean, we can't. We can't house everybody that we have, you know, for a playoff game. So they would actually be rooting against the A's to not make the playoffs. Yeah. Pull.
Speaker 10: The A's are two and five at this juncture. There's three games out of first already, it's not over yet, but they've lost four.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not over yet.
Speaker 10: And looking at the MLB standings and every team is Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Angels. It just as athletics, no word, Yeah, it's like ups.
Speaker 2: Are they athletics?
Speaker 10: They listen as athletics, not the athletics, and no town around them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Michael and Nashville have Mike. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 7: I'm calling in today to celebrate the UT Chattanooga.
Speaker 11: Yeah alright, yeah yeah, Mad and I D and I see do you sell merchandise for winning the n t.
Speaker 7: H. I mean, if you're you t chat. Yeah, I think you do. I mean we apparently on Twitter said we're going to hang the banner. But I was a graduate twenty nineteen. It was great to see us pull it off. I should you have a poll question for you guys based.
Speaker 12: Off of this.
Speaker 7: Okay, if you are a mid major, would you rather go out in the first round and make the big dance or would you rather win the entire n it t me selfishly after having done both as a chattanoo the band, I say, win the NIT, go Monck, have a great meet Friday boys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Michael. Yeah, we've asked this question before. I don't know what the poll results were on that. I still want to make March madness. I mean, the NIT is fun and I'm glad the teams take it serious because you do get more time to practice, more time to develop your players, and I think that's really important for some of these programs. But yeah, I want to make Now. If you said play in game and I lose or I win the NI T I might take the NIT. I might because there's there's only what two teams that are going to be happy at the end of the year. The team that wins in the NCAA tournament and the team that wins the NIT there's only two teams. I remember there was a Bowl official and he kept saying, you know, I hate that you keep pushing for, you know, a championship and a playoff, because we need the Bowl games because the kids should be able to celebrate, have a good thing to happen to them in their final game. I said, so, we're having the bowl games so kids don't have a loss at the end of the year. All of these schools. So we don't care about the basketball schools because there's everybody's going to have a loss at the end of the year except for one. But this Bowl of f was trying to tell me the Bowl integrity of you know, isn't it nice that they'll end their seasons, maybe their careers on a win.
Speaker 13: I said, that's nice, but we want to playoff. Yes, Pauline Dan, of course. I'm on the ut chat Nuga Athletics website. You can buy hell Yes Tennessee chat Nuuga Mox twenty twenty five n champion t shirts.
Speaker 2: I love it. I'd be celebrating. Yes, It's like when Memphis won the Summer League. I said, you know, what we made up a T shirt for the Memphis Grizzlies these Bears hibern Yeah, yes, Todd a bowl.
Speaker 9: Game to finish the season with the win is very little league participation trip.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but there were so many apologists for the prior blueprint there for you know, picking a national champ. It's like, Okay, we're gonna have two teams played for the national title and then we're gonna have all the bowl games and everybody wins. But that's not what we wanted. In any other sport, you have a process of elimination. We're gonna arbitrarily go one versus two. Yes, a real sport.
Speaker 3: Would make a league where you're able to find out who the real winner is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty simple. But they were trying to protect the Bulls, and I kept saying, you can use the bull games and they become far more important because you have to win the Orange Bowl to then go to the Rose Bowl, so now it's of importance. But yeah, they were. It was a myopic view by the Bull committe, or at least this person I spoke to was on the committee, and he kept saying, I didn't get it. I go no, I get it. You don't get it the pageantry of the bulls, because we all want the pool and weed eater bull they think about the kids. Go, guys, what about the kids? They want to go to the well that's back when we go, Hey, you know they're getting a CD player. You know they get a gift bag. Oh okay, and fast forward to now you're spending five million dollars, seven million dollars. I might not even play in a ball game.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see Rich in Athens. Hi, Rich, how are you damn doing well?
Speaker 12: I'm happy to meet Friday as usual, sitting here with my dog Fritzie, watching the DP show. My topic today greatest sports towns, college or pro. We're talking about Green Bay. Gotta imagine that's one of the greatest sports towns in the country. Also, I live in Athens, Georgia. On college game day, I could comfortably rank Athens, Georgia top ten, maybe top five. The people, the vibe, the history, the bars, the restaurants, the shopping, the scenery. And my question is to all of you guys, well, I want to hear about some of y'all's favorite college sports towns, either that you just have heard of or that you have visited an experienced on a game day or a big event. I'm just institting here, which all think about that?
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you, Rich, have great weekend with your dog, Fritzy. There's how many NFL teams have a collegiate feel to them on their game day, like a tailgate feel to day. Lambeau does, Kansas City does. I'm like, Lambo comes to mind right away.
Speaker 14: Yes, Marv MetLife Stadium whenever the Cowboys play. It's a very college like rivalry.
Speaker 2: What about all the other games? I don't know, Okay, and I haven't been to all of them. I've been. I've been to a Raider game. I mean that was just that was a whole different vibe that was I survived, thank god it was an early game. Yes, Todd, I'd say Buffalo, I would throw in the Yeah, that's great, A great call.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Paul, I've been to a Houston Texans home game and the tailgate was expansive, really high end tailgate.
Speaker 2: But having that collegiate feel to a professional franchise, because that's what we love about college football. I mean, there's one hundred thousand people there. Now with the NFL, you might have sixty your seven many thousand there. But when you have the tailgating, and I know, you get people who aren't necessarily football fans, who are passionate about their alma mater. Therefore you get more people caring more. It feels like when you go to a college game and that town as well, because you're in smaller towns for the most part. That's why you guys I don't think have been to Lambeau. But when you go into Lambeau, it's a neighborhood gave birth to a stadium. It's just it's something out of a movie set and you're gonna go. You go through this neighborhood and all of a sudden, you go, damn, there's the stadium. Small houses, but the atmosphere is wonderful. You know, a Bears game. I went to a Bear's playoff game that had a kind of a collegiate feel.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have this like weird belief in sports that only big cities can handle teams, and it's really not true. You could have big stadiums in smaller cities and the surrounding population will handle that. I get business wise, if you look, well, the most people live here, so that's where we'll put the biggest teams, but smaller places can absolutely handle that, especially when you look East and West Coast.
Speaker 2: Well you find that at Lambeau. Yeah, they'll turn out for the draft. It'll be a great, great spectacle. All right, we'll take a break. Christopher mad Dog Russo will join us. Coming up more phone calls as well. We also check in with the Memphis Grizzlies, coming up at the top of the hour to find out exactly if or when something happens to John Morant with the latest gun gesture last night. Back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 15: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 16: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 15: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 16: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 15: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 16: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 15: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Christopher mad Dog Russo, host of mad Dog Unleashed, Serious XM Channel eighty two and one of the co hosts of the ESPN's First Tack. Chris, Good to talk to you again. Let me let me start with this. Why is it when we compare generations, we do it with basketball freely, but we don't do it with football, and we don't do it with baseball, Like no, but why do we pick and choose and say Steph Curry wouldn't be anything back in the eighties and this guy couldn't play, and this guy could play. We don't do that with baseball, and we don't do that. Nobody says Bart Starr, he couldn't play today, or you know, Bob Greasie couldn't play today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's an excellent point, Danny. Good to be on as usual.
Speaker 17: I think you do a little bit with the quarterbacks because you do rank them, but nobody ranks Unite Us lower than the others because he played on a hundred years ago.
Speaker 6: So you're right. You do it with the NBA.
Speaker 17: You don't do it baseball because it's not a size thing and it's not physicality, and you know, you still got to hit it.
Speaker 6: It's a hand eye coordination. Hit the pitch.
Speaker 17: You know, Kofax do as fast as two hundred miles an hour, just like the guys are thrown today.
Speaker 6: So you're right.
Speaker 17: You know, I think there's a little I think there's a little baseball because of the field conditions, the you know, Pride to nineteen forty seven with no African Americans, So I think people.
Speaker 6: Do a little of that. But overall, the.
Speaker 17: Sport that does get looked at from an ear to ear basis is definitely the NBA. You know, I think there's Celtic City thing, which I'm sure you've kept an eye on. I think that contributes to it a little bit because you know it's coming out in March.
Speaker 6: The NBA season is winding down, so you're wrapped up in the Celtics.
Speaker 17: They're great again, so you're watching those nine episodes, so you think a bird, you think of Parish, do you think of Rustle? And I think that contributes to it this period, right now, this time of the year.
Speaker 6: But I don't know. I don't know the answer for you.
Speaker 17: I mean, maybe because the players are so identifiable, you see them, they feel like they're part of your family. The football players got the helmet on, so you don't have the same feel there. You don't quite understand, and it's hard to analyze the football player. How do we know who the best offensive tackle is of all time? You know, you gotta look at film. Basketball's right in front of you. You can analyze it. Maybe that's got something to do with it. But you're right, the NBA does do the year of stuff more than the other sports.
Speaker 2: Why is it we acknowledge Babe Ruth stats that they're believable, where we don't acknowledge Wilt Chamberlain's stats because we'll go, nobody saw the one hundred point game and he averaged fifty you know in a season. It almost had fifty five rebounds in a game. We don't acknowledge the almost mythological like figure that Wilt was, but we do that with Babe Ruth.
Speaker 17: Yeah, maybe because there weren't a lot of great centers. You know, he was he outside of Russell, he was a freak. He was so good, so athletic. It sounds so crazy to average fifty points a game. You know, baseball, you know, there was a feel in baseball where you can identify a little bit more with the Garrick, with the Ruth era than you can with the basketball. When you watch the highlights of Chamberlain, you see the players he's playing against, it looks like he's he's he dwarfs them physicality wise. You don't sense that necessarily with Ruth. You know, it's not like he's six to eight and everybody else is five to eight. I mean, he's essentially the same, and he's heavy. He doesn't look like a great athlete, so I think from an athletic perspective, it looks a little bit more legitimate. And Ruth, you know, Ruth is just you know, I mean the Alt Homeward Leagues, I mean Ruth, I mean, and plus the ballpark was so much bigger, and it was five hundred and fifteen feet to straight away center field in Detroit, five hundred and fifteen feet I mean Polo Grounds. I mean, it was miles out the center field. It's not the same with the the Chamberlain thing. But you're right Chamberlain, I think, And maybe because he didn't win as much either, maybe that's something to do with it, the fact that Chamblain only won the two titles, and you know, Ruth was in a million World Series, So maybe that's got a little something to do with it. We kind of look at Chamberlain's records as a little overrated because he wasn't able to do that in the postseason and he you know, he always lost, So maybe you think the regular season is.
Speaker 6: A little.
Speaker 2: Mythical.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's got something to do with it. But you're right, will it average.
Speaker 17: Fifty points a game in that sixty one sixty two season, and that is an incredible And then they lost to the Celtics in Game seven. So what did it actually actually mean, Ruth? It all runs in the World Series. Maybe that's got something to do with it. But that's a very good that's a very interesting question. I don't I don't think it's a direct answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Oscar averaged a triple double that same year. I think that will average fifth that you did. Okay, so that's not freakish, right, I mean people look at that and go, oh my gosh, look at what he did. Like we acknowledge the big O average a triple double, and then it didn't become a big deal until nobody had done it until Russell Westbrook and because we like nice, neat packaged things where it's a triple double. And then well you got it. And I think they were the sick seed. And Westbrook won an MVP based off getting triple doubles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had a forty they only won forty four to forty five games.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean maybe because you know, nobody's average fifty cents.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's got a little something to do with it.
Speaker 17: Wilt's numbers are so astronomical that that's got something to do with it.
Speaker 6: But you know Wild had his warts too.
Speaker 17: I mean, you know there's many a game in a big spot you all know about taking himself out of Game seven in Russell's last year, which bothered Russell to no end, looking around to see if Willis Reed was going to play in Game seven at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 6: Why is he worrying about Willis Reed? For crann out loud and then.
Speaker 17: As Halicheck used to the Habicheck once told me this that the year they lost to Philly, to lost to Celtics when they were the defending champs in Russell's first year, second year as the head coach's first championship, he didn't take a shot in the fourth quarter because he had five fouls.
Speaker 6: He didn't want to foul out.
Speaker 17: Remember that in a game you're worrying about put the first round the official. So Wilt's got some, He's got some peccadillos, There's no question about it. But you're right, we don't look at Oscar as freakish, and we do look at Wilt as freakish and what Oscar did thirty one, eleven and eleven. Maybe it's because people had averaged thirty points and people had averaged ten rebounds, and people had average eleven assists, and so we didn't think it was that big a deal. And the fact he did it all in the same year, you kind of forgot about it, and because he got a little underrated.
Speaker 6: Interesting interesting questions, Danny.
Speaker 2: He's a Christopher mad Dog russo you'll listen to him on Mad Dog Unleashed and Serious XM eighty two, and also you can see him on First Take. What do you think the feeling of morale is like at the Home Office with the Commissioner today with what happened with John Morant again last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean Morent just doesn't get it. I mean he's gonna have to suspend him.
Speaker 17: I think Silver is at times very very soft, and I think in this particular situation he's We'll see if he gave him a warning and then basically he did it the next day for crying out loud.
Speaker 6: You know, Moran doesn't get it. He's always getting himself in hot water.
Speaker 17: We all know this is not the first time Beast to see what Silva does. Would he suspend him for some I mean, maybe he suspends him in the last six seven games of the regular season.
Speaker 6: Does he do that and leave him alone for the playoffs? It's probably what he'll do, right.
Speaker 17: I don't think he's suspend him for a playoffs series. He probably suspend him for the rest of the regular season twenty five games.
Speaker 2: But you think that's what he do it, daddy, I think because it's commissioners don't like when you embarrass them publicly. You know, Tom Brady lied to the commissioner. Therefore, it felt like he came down harder on Brady because he lied. This is a case where Jah just did this. He just got verbally spanked by the commissioner, and then you do it again the next night, and you do it right in his face. I think he's basically calling the NBA's bluff to say.
Speaker 6: I think you're right. Let me see what and if Silver doesn't do anything, he's gonna get pounded.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he's going to have to do something. I think the question is what the discipline will be. I don't think you'll punish him in the postseason because I don't think he wants a tarnish memphisis chance to be in the postseason and they will be in any way, it's a question of playing or what have you.
Speaker 6: I guess it is do you take six games away from him? Is that what you do at the end of the year. Is it a one game thing? What do you want to give him the next ten days off? What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I want to punish him in a sense that he's punishing his teammates, because if you just punish him, he'll be like, all right, whatever, I lost some money. Now you're going to suspend me for twenty five games to start the season. This is now going into the postseason. So now this affects your city, your coaching staff. You just got your head coach fired and you're jockeying for position. This maybe if it affects his teammates, maybe then it resonates with him and different way.
Speaker 17: Well, theoretically it would affect his teammates because they're trying to stay out of the play in and if they do suspend them, they'll probably be in the play in.
Speaker 6: Is that enough of it?
Speaker 17: Does that you from a punishment standpoint or play in and being the sixth seed is not a big deal.
Speaker 6: That's an interesting question.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 17: Does they seem the players team seem to care about not having to play in that play in? Would that be enough in Silver's mind as a team punishment that because he loses the next six games, they're stuck playing Minnesota to see if they get into the main body of the postseason.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Will he look at it that way?
Speaker 2: You tell me, huh, Yeah, I don't know what's going to resonate with John Morant. But if you're the commissioner, you know, you may be at the end of your rope and just saying, oh.
Speaker 6: You gotta do something.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he's not going to suspend him for the whole playoffs.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 2: Are the Dodgers great for baseball?
Speaker 6: Yeah? They probably we are, Uh, they're great right now.
Speaker 17: Middle of August, you know, when they're got a twenty game lead and they're on the way to you know, they're on the way to one hundred and thirty and thirty two.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 17: You know, maybe then we'll get a little bored with it because there won't be any suspense in the divisional race. There won't be any suspense as far as the one seed is concerned, you don't think.
Speaker 2: And the Giants can hold on here and make this competitive in the West.
Speaker 17: Yeah, maybe, and that the vision's pretty good San Diego. You know, Arizona's good, Padre the Giants, But I mean even the Padres are seven and all and there still be hards.
Speaker 6: I mean, think about that way.
Speaker 17: I mean, you know, the Dodgers will, well, they calm down a little bit, they have an injury, They're gonna get bored. I don't think the Dodgers will care one way or the.
Speaker 6: Other about winning one hundred and sixteen games.
Speaker 17: I mean, no, they might get it just because they're that good and it just happens to be. But if you think Dave Roberts, you know better than anybody, Danny, Dave Roberts with five games to go and needing two wins, He's not gonna sit there and let Blake Snow pitch eight innings so he wins. The breaks the regular season record for wins. They are not going to care about that under any circumstances. And Seattle didn't win a World Series anyway. They lost the Yankees the year they won one sixteen, so and the Indians lost too.
Speaker 6: When they have won one hundred and eleven.
Speaker 17: They lost, So I don't think the Dodgers are going to be that wrapped up and trying to break any regular season record.
Speaker 6: But they might be so dominant. And I mean their backup team is great.
Speaker 17: I mean, so as a result of that, their reserves are that great, they might win one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and twenty.
Speaker 17: Just winning one hundred and twenty, is it good or bad? That's probably good? Right, everybody likes the villain. We'll keep an eye on him because the Dodgers have a lot of pressure on that they go through that regular season and win one hundred and twenty games and then they lose.
Speaker 6: In the first round of the playoffs and it's gonna be this.
Speaker 17: They have to win the World Series, Yes, and so as result, they'd be a little bit of that that we will keep an eye on. Whether they can sort of make good on a regular season season.
Speaker 6: We'll have to wait and see on that.
Speaker 2: The torpedo bats are the torpedo bats performance enhancing?
Speaker 6: Not to me?
Speaker 17: No, I mean, how come Hose Gavino can't hit? I mean, you know, he hits two hundred. He used the torpedo bout last year. Judge doesn't use the torpedo bout and he's got.
Speaker 6: A million home runs already.
Speaker 17: I don't think it's that big a deal that baseball. I'm gonna trust them when they say it's in the rules, so I know. It's the rage of the sport. The first week of the season. I think the biggest thing in the sport right now with the Braids. I mean, there's no team that's ever made you know, there's no team that's ever made the playoffs starting zero seven, which I did not know, and throwing the idea they have so far out he's not going to be able to play. They gave him forty four million dollars based on last year. Maybe last year is a mirage because maybe he was juicing all year and that's why he had a great season for the Padres.
Speaker 6: So they get no recourse out of that.
Speaker 17: They don't have them for eighty five games, who knows what the kunya and they're already going seven in a good division. I think that is interesting. That to me is more in that the Torpedo bats with the Dodgers. Is Atlanta went to the West Coast and to win a game, you know, they let Naris pitch in the third game of the second game of the year, he blew a saved and a dfaate him two days later for loud. So that to me is interesting, is what Atlanta has done in the sport. And then of course you got a good college basketball weekend this weekend too, so it's a good weekend and the next week the master.
Speaker 2: Have you made any money during March Madness?
Speaker 6: No, I've gotten killed. The two that were terrible, Danny Arkansas, you saw it right, Yeah, I had Arkansas in the money line that blew a thirteen point lead. And then Michigan State and the old miskid threw the ball in the basket it rimmed in in the past minus three and a half in seventy six seven.
Speaker 17: I've struggled. I'm gonna pass this weekend. I think Duke and Florida, though, will be there on Monday night. I think Duke and Florida be I think that'd be a great game. I think that'd be a great game.
Speaker 2: I would take the five and a half with Houston. You would, and I would. I'd take Auburn straight up.
Speaker 1: Oh you would?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 6: That's the second one. First, how come.
Speaker 2: Houston's just gonna ugly it up, and I don't I don't think that you're going to see Cooper flag go off. That's a that's a that's a veteran team, veteran coach, and they they're going to keep it low, feels like and and they're going to be physical that it'll be an ugly game esthetically.
Speaker 6: And lose sixty three sixty and you and you win your bat How about the Auburn game.
Speaker 2: I just think we kind of moved past Auburn. Being good is as long as Broom is healthy to play, you've got a really good coach. I haven't been impressed with Florida. I mean, I love Clayton. He's awesome, he's great, he's so much fun. But I watched a couple of games because everybody said, oh my gosh, you know, Seth Greenberg said, it's like Noah's Ark. They got two of everything, and I went, Okay, I think we've we moved on from Auburn quickly because they lost what three or four at the end of the season. That's still a really good team, tough team, and once again veterans there the only team that's really had freshmen who have had an impact is Duke, and that's rare in March badness, Like, you.
Speaker 6: Don't buy the idea. You don't buy the idea that Florida's tough physically and mentally because they came back and won two games against Yukon and Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mean they could have lost those games, Chris. I mean we could look at it that way too. They could have easily lost those games.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, they were down ten with three minutes to go against Texas Tech.
Speaker 6: They think. You can go either way with that.
Speaker 17: You can say they learned something and you know nothing is going to phase them if they fall behind, or you can say that's a sign that they're a little overrated.
Speaker 2: Now, don't bet on my information, Chris, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't bet on mine either.
Speaker 2: No, I know that, I you know, I do think.
Speaker 17: You know, Florida went easy at Auburn in a regular season late I think Florida and I think Florida Duke. I think any combination is pretty good because.
Speaker 6: These are all one seeds. I think Florida Duke on Monday night would be a great game. That's what we get.
Speaker 2: I don't think people will enjoy uh if it's Houston and Auburn. You're probably right, Yeah, they probably.
Speaker 17: I probably should That game will have problem problems. You are used to Houston and would be a tough watch. Southern part of the country ugly. But Florida, Florida Duke be Yeah, we need Duke. They need Duke in the final. Duke bring brings eyeballs. They need Duke to the final.
Speaker 2: What's it like when you have a big loss. Do you have to tell your wife how much money you lost?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, I don't. She knows. She hears me scream about it, but no she uh. And you win some too, you know. It's not like I lose all the time. I know.
Speaker 17: I tell you what's really bothered me. I had the Nuggets over fifty one and a half. They they've lost the Wizards twice, the Bulls, they lost to Minnesota where they blew the game with Westbrook, and then they don't play anybody against San Antonio when they're playing for something. O.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's ridiculous. I mean, come on, I mean, I.
Speaker 17: Understand the players today make a big deal about well, we were much better and physically and all that nonsense.
Speaker 6: Here's here's what I want to here's what I want to play to do.
Speaker 17: Bird played any two games every year, eighty two freaking games. They were sixty five and seven point fifteen. And he's playing in game eighty three against US eighty against the Nets. Murray's played sixty five games, He's takes seventeen games off. How about playing the full schedule and you know, and Montco commercial instead of playing charter and play three games in three different cities on commercial aircraft and sitting in the back of the plane and getting up the next day to play a ball game. I mean, mun'ch you do that, and then we can find out from a standpoint of staying mentally into it. I mean, these players are hot stuff taking these games. I mean it is ridiculous. I mean, let's face it is stupid.
Speaker 6: It's stupid.
Speaker 17: I mean, Denver's playing this day out of the playing Danny and they bench everybody on when they get Morella night off against the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 6: I mean, you must be kidding me. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And your favorite player at Kawhi Leonard, you know, he's never played. Now he's back. Now he's back, and now they're dangerous because Kawhi is back until he played.
Speaker 17: He's played thirty one games. You know Jaminsky. I had Jaminski in the studio for the NCAA. The Great Jaminski played fourteen years in the NBA.
Speaker 6: Twelve coaches.
Speaker 17: His career high was forty one points and twenty two rebounds. He did it on April eighth, nineteen eighty six against the Celtics. That was the Celtics season, sixty five and seventeen. They were sixty five and fifteen, two games to go in the season, and he did that against the Celtics. Bird played thirty seven minutes, Nikale played thirty four hours, thirty one.
Speaker 6: And who couldn't walk? Wait twenty three minutes and it's game eighty.
Speaker 17: One and they've forty won sixty five games.
Speaker 6: I mean, holy that's basketball.
Speaker 2: That's that was basketball. That was all right. Good to talk to me. I love you, d keep anybody, thank you. That's a Christopher maddog. That's Christopher maddog Russo you can see him on first take with steven A. I thought that was a wonderful thing that steven A did. But steven A knows how to make TV. Putting Chris on there and exposing Chris to you know, a national audience, so they get to see and hear what he did for over twenty years in New York doing radio. We'll take a break. Phone calls coming up next back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: When you run your own business, your own company, when you're the CEO, you got to get your hands and that's exactly what I just did. I went out to the Trager Grill and I was inspecting the Buffalo Wings. Just want to let you know, according to Quality Control, they taste delicious. We'll have burgers as well, smoke potato salad as well. Who has it better than we do? Tire rack dot com the official tire expert of the DPS Show. Go to tire rack dot com. Slash Dan the easy to use tire decision Guide, full lineup of Yokohama tires, special offers, free Roadhanzard protection, mobile tire installation, tierrac dot com The way tire buying should be. Who had the best week in sports? Best week? It could be a person, could be a team, could be a league, a sport, Paul, I'll start with you. Who had the best week in sports.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go Aaron Judge, and he's getting so good that we don't even really talk about it when he has a week like he had six games. He's got five home runs and fifteen RBI in six games. I'm no math major, but that pace would be really.
Speaker 2: Good, and no torpedo bat.
Speaker 10: His slucking percentages over eleven hundred. He's coming off two of three MVP seasons. He's thirty three, and he feels younger, but he was a rookie at age twenty five, so he feels like a guyho's probably twenty nine.
Speaker 2: He's thirty three. He has not cooled off. Marvin Best week in sports.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna go to Oklahoma City Thunder as a team. They've been hotted than Fish Grease maybe the past month. Okay, they won eleven games in a row.
Speaker 2: All right, Todd Best week in sports.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna get to Mookie Bets and the Dodgers, even though it's expected them to have a great season to be undefeated. And Muki was pretty sick not too long ago, and he's back in business and contributing, so Mooki and the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Seaton who had the best week in sports?
Speaker 3: Say, Carmelo Anthony, good time to remind people. Hell yeah, man, I was a dude before Cooper Flagg. I was the guy before this. I was the guy. I was the guy.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Wait, he was Cooper Flag before Cooper Flag.
Speaker 3: Well, they're talking about Cooper Flagg as being maybe the best one and done ever ooh in college basketball, and I think Carmelo has every right to hold his finger up and say, not so fast, my friends.
Speaker 2: I was pretty good too. I agree with that because led him to a national championship. Yeah, hell yeah. Who else would be on the list of the best one and donners of all time? Marvin Who comes to mind? Kevin Durant. Yeah, but he wasn't great. I'm sorry, No, he didn't do anything.
Speaker 14: I'm just saying a great player.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about no, I'm talking about what he did in his one and done. I mean, Durant's one of the great players of all time. What did he do with Texas? What did they do in the postseason second round loss? I think, yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: But I thought you were just talking about great players. Well, not postseason's success. Okay, all right, well, then that's a different question. The best one and done season turned in. Mellow would probably be there because he won a national championship.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, yeah, Mellow as a freshman Syracuse average twenty three and ten Davis twenty twelve with Kentucky right out of the gate led them to the title. Kevin Durant had a good stat season, like you said, but Texas didn't do a lot. Derek Rose at Memphis and O eight national title and breakout player. There's a few others that had great stats like Michael Beasley, Greg Odin, Kevin Love had a great freshman year. Put a bow on that story.
Speaker 2: Well Rose went to the national title game, Yes, and then that was vacated. Yes, that's all vacated. Not in my mind. It's still probably not in his either. But because of Derek Rose, it got vacated. Didn't Somebody take a sat test for him?
Speaker 8: Allegedly.
Speaker 10: I'd rather get you to a national title, win it, and have it vacated than not get it. Oh okay, Like the Fab five, a lot of their banners are gone, but the memories are still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, So if you did something illegal, as long as you accomplish something when you're doing something illegal.
Speaker 10: Like the heights of Reggie Bush at USC are better than the baggage and what happened to them afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't do anything like Okay, he took the loan and didn't pay it back. Yes, that's bad, bad business.
Speaker 3: Took the loan, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he just defaulted on his loan.
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, well in the bank's pretty pissed about it.
Speaker 2: But really, yeah, that wasn't worth it. That really like loan is a fun word to use there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe some form of maybe upfront payment perhaps.
Speaker 2: Uh, one more hour to go, go to check in with the Memphis Grizzlies, one of the reporters covering this situation here, what's the commissioner do? Why is it? Jah has no remorse. He just feels like a victim. So the final hour in this beat Friday, more phone calls coming up eight seven, seven to three DP show operator Tyler sitting by, Take your phone calls. Todd's here, the Minister of Humor, the King of Comedy, Seaton, Marv Paulie yours truly the brg's final hour. This Friday, right after this