Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR pre Show Thursday May twenty second. I'm Shannon the Dude. You can give us a call in the Clark's Puppings Shop phone line at eight five nine two at oh twenty two eighty seven. If you're a whiskey thief call of the day. You can also send us a text. If you can't call in, text line numbers five oh two two sixty five six six five six. The KSR pre Show as always being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Donning in Lexington, which is where my co host Billy R Sports is broadcasting from downtown Lexington at the iHeartRadio Studio. Look at a little stressed this morning, buddy, everything okay, you're good. What's going on? You know?
Speaker 2: Things are fine? Okay, now, things are fine. It's just been an eventful morning. I was rear ended this morning.
Speaker 1: So it was, uh, well what hold on, hold on, hold on a rear ended, like okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, oh yeah, yeah it was one of those like you know, I was stopped and they just I guess didn't hit the brake and they rolled into me.
Speaker 1: That's usually how the rear end works. Yeah, that's right, it was. It was.
Speaker 2: You know, Winchester Road turns into Midland app and Midland Avenue has one right turning lane to get onto main Street, and so in the mornings that can be really backed up.
Speaker 1: That is a line.
Speaker 2: I'm talking like er point three point four miles of just backups of cars trying to turn right. So I'm getting towards the front and my car is stopped and somebody rolls into.
Speaker 1: Me, Shannon. So I throw on.
Speaker 2: The flashers, get out, and you know, look at the car and it's a college kid and he's panicking, and you know, I'm so sorry. I just rolled it, you know, didn't hit the brake. So sorry, h buckle up, put your phone down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So I look at the I look at my uh look at my bumper in the back, and uh, Shannon, there's no damage. So I just say, hey, come on, get out. No cell phone video filming in somebody's face.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my neck. Oh I know, I gotta call TJ. He'll make you pay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's like one of two ways you can handle that situation, right. You can you can continue to hold up traffic. You could get his insurance provider, right, get the phone numbers, license plates, Shannon, and I just said, hey, there's no damage, get at here, okay, Yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well I'm glad that everybody's okay, and and the car is okay. Not even a scratch, No, not even a scratch. Car was fine.
Speaker 2: I didn't need to make a big deal out of it, Shannon, Old Bessie's fine. So, uh, you know, that was a little bit of an eventful part of this morning. And then I get into the the iHeart Studios here in Lexington and we have a new gift, Shannon. The Plinko board has been purchased for the Lexing Tid Studios.
Speaker 1: Plinko like you mean, like the big tall Plinko where you gotta climb the stairs to get to the top of it.
Speaker 2: Like the price is right. Yeah, here's the thing. It's not as big as those photos. Uh you know what we thought when when we saw the Costco photos. But how big is it? It's a it's not big at all.
Speaker 1: Really. It's like when I need a ladder to get up there to drop. No ladder needed.
Speaker 2: It's it's you know, about as tall as this Twinkies box I got over here in the corner uh. But Kathy has made it an initiative to put a Plinko board in every office here in the region. So when sales makes a big sale, they can possibly get a price shit and there's gonna be prizes at the bottom of it. And every time somebody brings in a new business they can go on the plink Coo board.
Speaker 1: Do you like the the initiative? I do. I do, But I'm also seeing, like I was thinking when you said Plinko board, I was like, oh, I know why we have a Plinko board. It's to take out on remote so that we can play with our listeners plinko and if you win, you get like a you know, a T shirt or something like that. So you know, tomorrow I'm going to be out after we do our Mountain Laurel KSR thing. I got to go to Sugar Days and I don't know if you know what that is. It's in Lexington. No, I've not I know what Sugar Days. So Sugar Days is it's going on at the Kentucky Horse Park. It's all tech arena, but it's going on all weekend long and it's this thing where it's kind of catered to guys a little bit like they got the man Cave. They got like bourbon tastings and hand rolled cigars, and you know, all the things that guys like knives and fishing equipment and all that type of stuff. Okay, and I think the Harley Davidson girls are going to be there, so they got me broadcasting out there from two till four tomorrow. But they've also got things for the women too, So they've got it says it says blue light and red light therapy. I have no idea what that means. Do you know the difference between blue and red light therapy? I don't know the difference.
Speaker 2: I did do some red light therapy when I was going through rehab for my back a few years ago, so I'm a little familiar with it.
Speaker 1: Shannon, Okay, all right, so what's the difference between blue and red?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was gonna ask you what's blue light therapy? Regardless they're gonna have that going on out there tomorrow with this double Q remote that I'm going to be at. I was going to ask you, Billy, if you you know you got to give me some T shirts from the leg teachery for you buddy, ye, would you mind throwing that plink O game in the van too? That way I could take that to the remote and play Plinko with the listeners.
Speaker 2: You think, well, if you're willing to build it, maybe I see if I can get permission to take it.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, no, no, just just just we'll ask for permission after with.
Speaker 2: The fact, well you just want me to take it, She said, yes, that these can be used for remotes in the future if we don't want to do any giveaways and things like that. So I don't think it would be that out of the ordinary. But do you want me to bring it so you can build it or do you want me to wait.
Speaker 1: Until say build it? You say, it's not that big first of all, So I mean I'm assuming it's like two pieces you clunk together and you dropped the little plank go board and there you go. If it's only a few feet tall, then.
Speaker 2: So she asked me if I had a screwdriver, and I said, no, I don't carry one of those around. Do you think most men have a screwdriver on them at all times?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, okay, if it's anything more than you know, I don't like assembly. We've already talked about this. It took me a week to put together a bed, all right, So like peace and love, Peace and love, do not give me anything to a symbol. I am not Bob the Builder. I am terrible at building things if it's like more than two or three pieces, So you know, don't give me three pieces of wood and tell me to, you know, hammer together a triangle. It's not going to happen. I just can't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just excited that, you know, maybe you can live out your dream as a game show host with these plink Go boards. That's what I want to get it throughout the region. Yes, I can't wait to get one in Louisville. Oh well, it sounds like it's coming. So sales team, a.
Speaker 1: Little watch out, a little bit of false advertising, don't you think on the Plinko thing, because it shows the full length Plinko board and then you get it and it's two foot tall.
Speaker 2: Well, the photo we got really did do us dirty, Shannon. We thought it was you're gonna have to get on a ladder to get up on that thing, but they decided to take that photo from the ground. And that's why I guess it was such a distorted image, but it's it's much smaller than you think. But maybe you'll see if I can snag it before I get out of here.
Speaker 1: So coming up on KSR today, we will hear the recorded interview that Mark Pope did with Matt and looking forward to hearing that. I have not heard it yet, so I'll be hearing it for the first time, just like all of you. Billy, I think you had to do some editing and some chopping and slicing and dicing of the yeah, the so I'm assuming that you've at least heard some of that. I don't want you to spoil the broth, But are you as excited about it as I am after hearing it?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I guess not as excited as you are because I've already heard it. But every time I hear that guy speak, I can't help but get excited for the next season, right, And you know, Mario's already released at least one clip about it, and you know his excitement and wanting to play the best teams and the biggest arenas, and even Mario shared behind the scenes clip where you know, Mark was talking about the power of radio and community and saw that connection points and I thought that was a really sweet moment, and I'm sure Matt really appreciated that. But you know, Pope was able to get us about, you know, forty two minutes of his time, and you know, it was it was a nice change of pace that a commercial break didn't mean the man had to get up and walk away, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it was they were able to have a long.
Speaker 2: Form kind of sit down and talk about some good things and also some insight into you know, how he's constructed this roster, Shan, And so I'm excited for every ready to get to hear that. We'll start that maybe a little after ten forty five, Shannon, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll do that. It's a five segment interviews. So what we're going to do is, you know, play it on the show as much as we can, and then you know, if you want to go back on podcast. I think we're going to have it just in its entirety, completely uninterrupted, not you know, clunk together, because if you're going to be listening like hour one an hour two, the first part of the interview is going to be at the end of hour one, if this makes any sense what I'm saying to you, Yes, but I believe we're going to take it all together in one piece and post that on the podcast feed as well later on if you want to listen that way so it doesn't sound clunky, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: The full podcast will be available right after the show. He calls out Ryan Lemon at one point. That's about all I'm going to write.
Speaker 1: Calls out Ryan. Ryan's very pro pope. He's not you know, he doesn't ever say anything negative. Well maybe for a good reason. Okay, I'll be interested in hearing what that what that has to do with? Uh? Speaking of Kentucky basketball, yesterday Billy was announced that they've get another prese You know, they were already scheduled to play Perdue on October twenty fourth at Rup. Another game was thrown onto the preseason schedule. You get Georgetown. I know we're not talking about Georgetown Kentucky. We're talking about the Hoyas, Billy, Georgetown Hoyas coming to Roup Arena on October thirtieth. Do you like this new preseason schedule? We're playing teams that I think more people care about. Not to say that, you know, we don't care about our Kentucky schools, but it's going to be I think more of a competitive game when you get Georgetown to Perdue come into rupp Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it goes back to Mark wanting to play the biggest and best teams. And when the rule changes where you can play exhibition games against Division one opponents, why not play against really good teams, right, test your team early instead of you know, the poop states, Shannon, You're going to be a battle tested against teams like Perdue and Georgetown. So I'm not sure how good Georgetown's going to be this next year. I know Purdue has been a staple for the last decade or so, so you got to think those guys will learn and get valuable experience early on in the year. So I think Mark is approaching this the right way. And you know, the two teams haven't met since what nineteen eighty four, and there were some weird things that happened in that game, Shanon, I don't know if you know the history about it, but there's some conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 1: Well, no, what sorts of things I don't know about this. What was the conspiracy theory? Well, Kentucky lost fifty three to forty. Oh yeah, conspiracy theory. Kentucky loss has got to be a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, in the second half, Kentucky had a historically bad shooting. They went three of thirty three in that second half. Now to add to this, before the Georgetown in Kentucky game, it was Houston versus Virginia, and when Houston won, they started a habit of getting on top of the goal and standing on the back of the goal and in the rim. And so after that, the only it was only on one end of the court. Yeah, but some Kentucky fans at the time theorized that the goal at Kentucky shot towards in the second half was the goal that Houston players had stood on in the previous game. I guess Georgetown didn't shoot that great going to that goal either. So there's a little history between Georgetown and Kentucky dating all the way back to I guess eighty four, and then in nineteen eighty five, Georgetown loses the National Championship game in rupp Arena to Villanova. So I mean, there's a little history with Georgetown and Lexington. But you know, like I said, you're not playing these d two D three schools anymore, you're testing yourself early on in the year, and I think that's a great opportunity for this team.
Speaker 1: So I want to go back to the conspiracy here. So they just allowed another team to just stand up on top of the realm, on top of the goal. That's right, there's no rules there, just go up there and just stand. I mean, did nobody think that maybe that could possibly bend the rim and affect the shooting of the next game. I guess they didn't think that.
Speaker 2: This was the nineteen eighty four final four semi final yeap and Houston decided they wanted to celebrate by standing on rims.
Speaker 1: Shannon, Now, you know, every.
Speaker 2: Time there's a little bit of a two heart of a dunk, we've got to stop play to make sure it's level.
Speaker 1: And they don't make those realms I'm sure you know, like they did back there. Like right now, they've got, you know, much better rims than they did forty years ago. So maybe there is something to that. Now, you know, three of thirty three. You got to find some answers, right Yeah, Now I need to go back and watch, like, how exactly did that happen? I think I'm down with the conspiracy. I think I agree. So maybe when they come to upp Arena, we should just bend their room in the second half they just stand on their end during halftime or some well, we'll make sure, you know, we shoot on that side first and then you know, maybe at halftime we'll make some adjustments.
Speaker 2: You know, halftime shows they've gotten more extravagant as the years have gone on.
Speaker 1: We know Red Panda. Yeah, in my favorite time, sometimes.
Speaker 2: They'll they'll set up a trampoline and these guys will fly through the air and throwing the ball backwards so the next guy can get it.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, maybe just bend the room a little bit. Eight five nine, two eighth twenty two eighty seven At Shannon the Dude at Billy R. Sports, Frank writes in and says, oh, I'm hearing that Billy R Sports will be in the hospital after the show for a hit and run. That's what he got out of that first first part of the segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I could have done the hole, you know, my back, my shoulder, you know, I got.
Speaker 1: Rear ended a few years ago. But you know, in a jeep wrangler, I'm not going to say that a Jeep Wrangler is indestructible. It's not like it can be. It can be damaged, but it's tough. And this person that rear inted me, I mean it barely put a scratch on my Jeep, but the front of their car looked like a smashed coke can. Ooh, it was like boo. And they hit me maybe going I mean maybe five miles an hour and I got a little I got a little jolt out of it. You know, it may have moved me a couple of inches, but the damage on the Jeep was nothing that you got your rubber duckies out as you assessed the damage, and their car looked like it just did you know, just went ninety miles an hour into a brick wall.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's kind of the benefit of having a Dodge charger too. It's a little bit of a heavier car, you know, you know, not in the punch buggy and getting knocked back. But you know, this person maybe hit me going one two miles per hour, and I've had the inverse happened. You know, I've I've gotten into a bad rear in collision where I've had to get TJ.
Speaker 1: To make them pay, Shannon. So this time it was you just go on, yep, go on, get just another reason for a billy to say, oh, my back hurts, I can't get in the wrestling ring with Shannam the dude.
Speaker 2: That's right, let me back up our workout another exactly, That's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take your calls. Coming up next. It is the KSR pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show. The podcast listeners don't get this. They don't get the Dave Matthew's van crash into me music, crash into me.
Speaker 2: That's a guy that will probably won't wear shoes on stage, Shannon.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about that during the break. Oh yeah, you you were asking me, is it acceptable for people to go work out the gym and not have their shoes on? And I told it is. It doesn't bother me, Like I'm if I'm at the gym, man, I'm doing my own thing, like I'm not. I'm not focused on anybody else. I'm going in there doing my im wala. The guy that trained Julius Randall into Marcus Cousins. He cousins at you the whole time too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you paused the video so you can get a break and then you can catch your breath.
Speaker 1: You say you're working out with no shoes, Well, I there's some lifts that you don't want running shoes on, and so you want, you know, your flat feet.
Speaker 2: And I'm fine with people taking their shoes off, but keep your socks on, folks.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see your dogs. And I think that's are people working out at your gym with no Yeah, sure they are. And so I'm not going to be one of those people, Shannon. I'm not Dave Matthews in the band. Keep your dogs locked up? Can I? I hesitate to even share this with you, but I was something that happened to be at the gym yesterday. Okay, so it's a little it's a little gross. Well okay, let me just back up. First of all, it's amazing how dependent we are on electricity. Would you agree with that? Oh, Like, when electricity goes out, you can't do anything. So I'm sitting there last night at the house and it's not storming or anything. It is it is really windy though, and boom, electric goes out. So I'm like, all right, and when we look at you know, the LG and anything, and it says like it's going to be another two or three hours before the electric comes back on. So I'm like, all right, what am I gonna do? All right, let's just go to the gym, right, Let's go to the gym. Maybe they'll have power there. I go up there and only part of the gym has electric, like I guess maybe the running off a generator. Okay, so stay with me here. Like the treadmills and stuff are working in the back room like where I work out in has lights, so I can work out there. It's all good. But before I get going to my workout, I'm like, all right, I need to go. You know, nature's calling. I need to go. I need to go pee real quick, right before I get going into my workout, because once I get locked in, you know, I'm not I can't stop. So in the restroom, it's one of the parts of the building that has no lights. So I walk in and I'm like completely pitch dark, and I not completely. I can see a little bit, right, but you know, there's a couple of people at the yurinal, so I have to go to the stall to do my business. And as I'm standing there in the dark, all of a sudden I hear and I realized at that moment what had happened. My ear pod and my left ear falls out and straight into the toilet. So now I got a dilemma because these are very expensive ear pods. Not to mention, they're not even my EarPods. I was borrowing Sarah's EarPods.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, no, Sarah AirPods dropped into the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and these are, like I said, these are the really good ones. So now I've got a dilemma. I'm in the dark, an ear pod has just fallen out of my ear into the toilet that is not clean, and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: So, Billy, what do you think I did? I think you you pull a Michael Reagan on Lingo. You know, reach yourself in there and get yourself a couple of balls. You know, you better reach into the toilet and get yourself that AirPod.
Speaker 1: What do you mean You're not gonna leave it in there?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I could have flushed it. I could have been like, go what what AirPods? I don't know what you're talking about. You must have lost them somewhere. So what do I do? I think long and hard about it, think about the consequences of not getting it, and then I go elbow deep. Oh, or at least risk deep. Go on there, I reach in there and grab it, take it over to the sink, put a little soap on it, wash it off. You do it the air hold on, give a little shake, and then put it right back in my ear gulage. Bro, Shannon, Bro, why not? If I don't have the left ear in the right ear won't work, and then I can't do my workout. How you can? I can't do. No, those ear pods are connected. If you don't have the left ear in the right one won't work.
Speaker 2: But you can put it back in the case and the one will work on its own. Did you not have the case with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I didn't know that. Oh yeah, you put one in the case. The other one works fine.
Speaker 2: You put an air pod that was just dropped in a urine filled toilet in your ear less than a minute later.
Speaker 1: That's foul, Bro, I cleaned it off. You're gonna get an ear infection or something.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I cleaned it out. I disinfected it. It went through the whole process of soap and water. Oh my gosh, No, it's it's good. I'm fine, though. I can hear it even better this morning. I think I think I might have found a natural cure. I can't.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think I've ever had the situation where a cell phone or something's been dropped into the toilet that you've already done some business into.
Speaker 1: So so, you know, I'm working out and everybody's watching. You know, they're walking by, and they have no idea that those ear pads were just in the toilet two minutes ago. Hey, you got urine ears. Nobody has any idea. That's right. Wow, yep, that's getting your dogs out at the gym. Far she's concerned. Nothing's you haven't told her. Stop, Sarah, Please tell her, Hey, you know, that's what happened. And now you know what she would probably say, Now they're yours, you can just have them, That's what she probably would say. So you maybe just got yourself a new pair of ear I should tell her. Uh, here's what I'm gonna I tell you right now. If you want to win some money, go to the Draft Kings sportsbook app and use the promo code KSR. We got to talk about that game. We don't have enough time. I want to get to a call, so we're gonna tak it for the next Yeah, we'll say it for the next time it. But let me tell you about Draft Kings promo code KSR Bet five. If your first bet hits, you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. You can do same game parlays, live betting player props. It's fast and easy payouts for you on the DraftKings sportsbook with promo code KSR for new customers. If you have a gambling problem called one eight one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, eligibility restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash audio. A couple of minutes before the break, let's go to Nancy. What's up? Nancy? Hello, Nancy, Well, I.
Speaker 5: Had something to say, but I have to ask. I wanted to ask about it Sarah News. So now we know she doesn't know, but I'm sure somebody's gonna let her know. So anyway, reason my yeah, reason I called. I'm actually going to be at Sugar Days also, so it's interesting that you mentioned that we will be exhibiting our miniatures all three days Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We're in the North Hall.
Speaker 4: And where are you going to be?
Speaker 1: In the man Cave? Where else did you think that would be?
Speaker 5: They got a man cave? Is I guess I'm gonna have to get a map.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the man cave with the bourbon and the cigars, that's where I'll be. So now, Nancy, remember what happened to your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want State Fair.
Speaker 1: I want you to examine all the miniatures and make sure there's nothing you know, X rate it going on. We don't want that to happen again.
Speaker 5: No, not to worry. There'll be a couple horse stalls and some things that are you know, horse related, and we're selling a few things and so yeah, everything's clean, Okay, totally all right?
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I will come by and say hello to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, thanks, You'll have a great day and go Cat thank you.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you keep her honest, Shannon, take a couple of pictures of our miniatures. Make sure there's nothing that shouldn't be there.
Speaker 1: Sugar Days. Yeah, that's gonna be a lot of fun. So if you can make it out there this weekend. It's one of those things like if you're gonna be hanging around Lexington, you're not going anywhere. It's one of those things that guys will actually like to do a lot of time on t shirts. Right yeah, and Heart tickets too. Heart's coming into Rapparina, so you can win those free tickets tomorrow. That's two to four for DOUBQ at Sugar Days. All right, that's gonna do it for this segment. We'll be right back taking more of your phone calls here on the KSR Pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR Pre Show eight five to nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. Shannon the Dude, Billy Relige, taking your phone calls. We'll go back to the line in just a minute. Gotta talk though, first, Billy, about that game last night. Did you stay up and watch the Pacers and Knicks? Of course, what a game that was, And again the Pacers came back again. They've already done this twice in the other series where they were down seven with a minute to go last night, I mean they were down what was it fourteen, I think with two and a half minutes to go. Yeah, and I'm like, this game's over. And somehow they came back and Aaron Nesmith, former Candy player, just put the pasers on his back. Man could not miss. I think he scored was it nineteen points in the fourth quarter? Twenty points in the fourth quarter. It comes down to a miss free throw by Karl Anthony Towns and then Halliburton drives down, looks like he's gonna go in for like a you know, a short jumper, but then goes backwards and at that moment, I'm like that's a bad decision. Goes back for a three to try to end the game, shoots the shot, goes off the rim, bounces five six feet in the air, and goes right back through and it looks like in that moment that the Pacers had just beaten the Knicks. Haliburton does the choking sign with you know, the Reggie Miller choke son that he did what twenty some years ago, and it looks like it's over. They go back and review it. Toe was on the line going to overtime, and it didn't matter because the Pacers end up winning the game anyway. But first of all, I mean, for the Pacers to outscore the Knicks, bye, what was it like? I think it was like twenty to six or something like that in the last two and a half minutes. Just to come back was crazy. And then that shot Halliburton shot it looks like it was a miss, bounces off the rim, go straight up and then right back down. It was a crazy ending to the regulation of the game.
Speaker 2: And I'm screaming at Halliburton to pass the ball to Nie smith Man like he is on fire, Get him the ball. And I've never seen somebody dribble in like that and then dribble backwards. He looks at the clock on the opposite end of the court to see how much time he's got left. And then that turnaround shot Kawhi Leonard Esk if you remember his game winner that bounced high up like that in the playoffs. It may have been the best NBA game that I've seen since maybe the block by Lebron James against the Golden State Warriors for the NBA Finals. I mean, I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment. But that was unreal, Shannon. Not only did it get up to maybe even sixteen points in the fourth quarter after that early run, they were still up seven with like fifty seconds left. Yeah, I mean it was just shades of Reggie Miller. Him scoring, was it? I mean what did he score? It was like six points.
Speaker 1: And five seconds or yeah, something crazy like that.
Speaker 2: And then for him to do the choke Selly and then for the game to keep going on.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad there. Well, I mean Halliburton he taunted a little too soon. Yeah, but at that moment, I'm like, all right, this game's going to overtime. If you're the Pacers, you have to win the game after Halliburton does the choke son right right, because I mean, how embarrassing would it be for Halliburton to do the you know you you just choked that game away. For him to go Nope, not so fast, We're going to overtime, and then to lose the game. He would be mocked forever, got me, yeah saying lot forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And in the Knick scored the first four points of the overtime period, but then they and then it's obi topping the former Nick in Madison Square Garden that has that that double clutch dunk at the end of it. So you're right, Karl, Anthony Town's a big miss free throw late in that game.
Speaker 1: And I mean.
Speaker 2: If this series goes seven, Shannon, I mean, I sign me up, you know what I mean? Like, this is going to be maybe an all time series.
Speaker 1: The one thing I do not like though about the NBA is that I'm gonna call a time out, We're going to advance the ball. I hate that rule. Why, what's what's wrong with that? Because you're not earning anything, you're just calling a time out. You're getting half the court from just calling a time out. You didn't even have to advance the ball yourself. Like, I don't like, we're gonna call a time out now we're gonna move the ball to half court. No, you should have to dribble the full length if that's where that you know, after a basket, you should have to come up the full length. I think I just don't like that rule.
Speaker 2: And that's in college, right, Like a timeout in college, you've got to go the full length. There is no advancing the ball like that. I wonder what the.
Speaker 1: Reasoning is to try to make the game, you know, more exciting because you can now, in theory, have a game winner from thirty with with with one second left, you can now have a three instead of somebody having to you know, throw a full court shot. I would argue that a full court you know, a three quarter shot going down is much more exciting than advancing the ball and with one second to go, somebody you know, hits a three or a lot less likely, right sure, sure, yeah, again, that's all part of the excitement. Though. It was good night.
Speaker 2: I mean, we watched Shay Gilgis Alexander when the MVP, the first Kentucky player to ever do it, which was surprising to me, and then you go roll right into that great game.
Speaker 1: So it was. It was a great night of basketball. Lest speaking of rules that will not be banned over on the NFL side, Billy, the tush push, it was voted, will not be banned or you have pro or con toush push and football.
Speaker 2: I am pro tush push because I get a little bit of a Shannon the dude take here.
Speaker 1: If you don't like it, stop it. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, this measure only passed by two votes. Shannon, you have to get seven five percent of the votes from the owners to be able to change the rule, and it only it. It did not change only because of two votes. So, I mean there's a lot of teams that wanted to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Pickers being one of them.
Speaker 2: They sat being the main one, right, Yeah, they don't want I saw the Eagles owner talked in defense of the play for like over an hour and was like passionate about it, and yeah, I'm sure you are. After you you have the quarterback and the center combo that have exploited this for the last few years, but they've they won a Super Bowl. It's a little bit of a boring play, but yeah, you know the argument.
Speaker 1: The argument I've seen from former players is like, I guess it's a rule where defensive players can't push other defensive players into the guy with the ball, Right, is that is that a thing? Because I was listening to it, I forget who it was. Somewhat talking about a former player and he's like, it's a clear disadvantage for the defense because the offense can push the guy with the ball, but defensively you're at a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: Because they change because remember the bush push. Back in the day, you weren't allowed to push the guy from behind like that. That has since changed in the NFL as well. But like, look, the game has changed already so much. I mean, you can't even go over the middle without a secondary player drawing a foul, right, like you can't hit guys the same. Pass interference has completely changed the way players get play. So you know, I am for a little bit of the brutality and physicalness of football staying in the game, and I think the push push push is some of the Peanut is up next?
Speaker 1: What's up, Peanut?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Guys? Hey man, Billy?
Speaker 3: Did he named your car Bessie?
Speaker 1: My old car? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was my first car, my ninety nine Honda Civic we bought for eight hundred dollars. That car, when the AC wasn't working, was named Bessie.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But my car now is named Leah Shannon. Oh god, we're really I do not name my cars. Yeah, you gotta name your car, Peanut, save me here, tell me you do not name your car?
Speaker 3: Well, ironically, I had eighty four Honda Civic was my first car, and it was a little brown, little brown car, and they called it the Peanut.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, pet you name your cars.
Speaker 3: So when my friends actually named it, and then when I when the car blew up, I didn't put oh. And and I was in high school and the other buddy said, now you peanut now, and I was like, hh, it'll never lasted here thirty five years later, here.
Speaker 4: I am peanut. Oh.
Speaker 1: So that's how we got the origin of peanut by naming your car. Okay, all right, anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. Man, the heck of a game last night. But uh, I'm glad. I'm glad he didn't after that choke. I'm glad they still pulled it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Peanut, yet me the call? So you're pulling for the Pacers, you're Billy, well, because I'm kind of torn here, like I don't know, like I kind of want the Knicks to get to the finals. But then the.
Speaker 2: NBA is better when the Knicks are in. Yeah, good, right, Like the the the environment in the garden has been on some Ben Stiller next to Timothy Chalomey last night. Tracy Morgan there coach cal was court sided for the game last night. I think Indiana has the better team, but you know, part of my heart is rooting for the next Let's go to Casey Hey, Casey.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, tailors morning.
Speaker 6: So it's toutmes like this. And I really wish our old buddy Harvey was alive because I got a problem. I have cicadas everywhere. They are taking over at my house, they are, and it's weird because there's none of either of my parents house. I'm in my government county, but I'm out in Jeffersonville a little bit and they are everywhere. So I was wondering, is there anything maybe our viewers know that we can or you guys might know that I can plant, like because I know if you plant basil and lavender, it keeps mosquitoes away. And so I was wondering if there's anything like that besides pesticides, because I don't even know how I'm gonna sit outside this summer. I mean, they're like torpedo and in my hair and you don't know, I have really long hair and it's just bite and they're so crunchy and they're growth and they have big red eyes and I'm scared. So if anybody could.
Speaker 1: Help me out, yeah, Okay, thank you. Thanks, call Casey, appreciate it. I saw my first cicada yesterday. I don't know what you're supposed to do. I think Harvey would probably say, you got to catch them, roll them over on their back, and put some rosemary oil in their belly button, and that might get rid of them. But I don't know how you would do it other than just I don't know bug spray. What's your Do you have a solution? I don't you know.
Speaker 2: I'm not the pest control guy or very handy, but a quick Google search would tell you need to wrap your trees.
Speaker 1: Shanning.
Speaker 2: Using netting, burr lap, or similar materials to wrap the trunks of your trees can prevent young cicadas from climbing up and laying eggs. So whether you're wrapping tree trunks, covering trees and shrubs, or maybe you hose down a tree a cicadas are clumsy flyers, so if you use a strong spray of water to knock them off trees, it makes them harder to return.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Harvey would be perfect for this because he'd have the ointment or whatever we needed to be able to get rid of them. But this is something that only happens during a certain time period, right, Like it's every like seven or ten years.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly, it's ever so many, every every maybe seven years. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Well I remember because we moved to Kentucky from Florida and that was the year that they came out. So we thought we were in like the middle of where are we? Like, what are these bugs that are everywhere?
Speaker 1: They then they shed their shells and then there are shells are everywhere.
Speaker 2: Shed the shells, and I mean they're a good snack for a lot of different animals. But yeah, something that only comes every so often.
Speaker 1: I'm sure We'll get plenty of answers on the text line, or you can tweet us at Billy our Sports at Shannon the Dude. We'll take a break and come right back for our final segment. It is the KSR pre Show. Final segments of the KSR pre Show. A reminder. Coming up today, we will hear the recorded interview with Mark Pope. It'll be at the end of the first hour into the second hour as well. We'll have the entire interview podcast for you to listen to after the show as well. Eight five, nine, and two eighth, twenty two eighty seven, Billy, Tomorrow, we're gonna be at Mountain Laurel Festival and Pineville. You're looking forward to a little little Mountain Laurel Pineville action Tomorrow. You're gonna hang out and take in all the stuff going on out there for the fest. Yeah, I might a little.
Speaker 2: I'm excited because I've never been and I've heard a lot of great things. So we will be at the Bell Theater in Pineville, will be outdoors if it's nice weather. That's one fourteen West Kentucky Avenue in Pineville, So please join us.
Speaker 1: I was kind of looking into like what's going on there at the Mountain Laurel Festival and everything, and for whatever reason, you know, my mind started wandering off to I was like, Laurel, why does that ring a bell? Do you remember the debate that we had? Was it like six seven years ago? Laurel versus Yanni? Do you remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was was at audio and if you if you listen to it, you could almost hear both at the same time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, and I remember that, and I'm going, okay, I remember I could like alternate between like sometimes I could hear Yanni sometimes I could hear Laurel. So I went back and I listened to it last night, and I could only hear Laurel. I couldn't hear Yanni anymore? Did you dig it up for us? Can? I? Can you play it for me? Because I'm I can't. Yeah? So all right, everybody listening, tell me? Do you hear Yanni or Laurel? You ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ready? Laurel, Laurel, Laurel, Laurel.
Speaker 2: I don't know how anybody hears Yanny. All I hear is Laurel. I only hear Laurel. How could you hear Yanni from that?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I So I look, I was Then I started getting really like intrigued, like how was it that I used to be able to hear Yanni? But now I can't. Apparently when you're younger you can hear Yanni. If you're older, no, you're hearing Laurel.
Speaker 2: No, this is not what's gonna So I believe that I'm finally old that I'm hearing Laurel.
Speaker 1: I think what has happened, Billy, is as you've gotten older and as I've gotten older, we can't hear Yanni anymore. It's only Laurel. Play it again, Laurel, Laurel, Laurel. I can't hear Yanni. I can't hear it. I can't Laurel Laurel. Yeah, I don't know, And I'm telling you though I used to be able to hear both of them. Now I can only hear Laurel.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't there another thing? It was like, what color is this dress? It was the red redder or no, it was the blue or gold dress. It was like white and gold or blue and black. And it's I don't know. Is that was that telling me I'm old too, Shad?
Speaker 1: Is that I'm just telling you I used to be able to hear it, and now I don't know. Like for those of you listening, send us on Twitter at Shannon the Dude, at Billy or sports, or on the text line do you hear Yanni or Laurel?
Speaker 2: A bunch of college kids telling me they hear Yanni. I'm gonna get a little angry.
Speaker 1: That's what we need. We need your age and which one you hear so we can prove that this is like legit. Like if you're older, you only hear Laurel. If you're younger, you can hear Yanni. The text line is five O two two six five six six five six. Let's go to Boudet. What's up Boudet? Did you hear Yanni or Laurel? When I played that Buddet.
Speaker 4: Man, it's it's Laurel. Just thinking Laurel County.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because some people say that he.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I get it. I get it. Hey, this has made you an off the topic thing. But you guys, you're in the BZ is. Can a person give a song to the relief fun just im perpetuity?
Speaker 1: Give us? I'm not I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you give a song?
Speaker 4: Here? Here you go? Little song two days old? It wrote itself. I don't claim it. Uh, but anyway, if I don't want to be Kentucky Joe, if I just play a verse in the chorus, just thought, give it to the relief fund. If there's a way to do that.
Speaker 1: I don't are you following that?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can donate the song, but if you wanted to play it, and it might be a nice remembrance of the people that have passed in the terrible situation, Well here.
Speaker 4: All right, it's so it's a keep your head man, it's uh, it's about a little low Kentucky towns. How about I play quickly?
Speaker 1: Go ahead out quick?
Speaker 4: Here you go, quick, there you go? All right?
Speaker 1: What's happening? He's priming up the record player, Shannon? What do you mean? Because he gonna play it live? What are we doing? Does he have instruments? I don't know. I have no idea. What's happening?
Speaker 4: Well, Trouble, we will calm man, Trouble. That's when we all get together to this live where and we'll get the job done, and we get the job done. We get the job done, and we'll get the job done again. Those stones and the fludging torn me that can get us down. Damn good has and jennyhow all right, Bud? Yeah, that's the hall life goes in a little low Kentucky town.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: That hell? Reread the low Kentucky town. It's not mine, man, Yeah, I want to give it, to give it to somebody that can use it.
Speaker 1: Okay, are right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well where you to Kentucky Joe's song? So that's that's really good. Bou Day. All right? You say you didn't write it? Who did? Write that.
Speaker 4: Well, it rode its sales. It woke me, woke me up about two am on Tuesday morning and just wouldn't let me go back to sleep. So we got straightcords in the truth. But it wrote its sales.
Speaker 1: All right, perfect boo day, Thanks for that. We appreciate all. Didn't know we were gonna get serenaded this morning, Billy.
Speaker 2: Does that happen to you, Shannon? Do you wake up in a cold sweat with song lyrics in your mind?
Speaker 3: You know what? Like?
Speaker 1: I actually have had songs in my head when I've woken up, and I'm like, what is this song? And I go, that's an original song? And I get to a guitar and write it down.
Speaker 2: So I just like how he said he didn't write it, and then when we asked, he said it we wrote itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you like Denzel Aberdeen refusing to do the gator chomp when the Florida team visited the White House. I did.
Speaker 2: I would have been fine of even if he did it, even in this transfer portal era. I mean, it's still a great accomplishment to win the national championship.
Speaker 1: But he seems committed. Man, He's all in on the blue and white. That was good to see. NBA Finals are almost here. Every second counts. With DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NBA, You're not just watching history, you're betting on it, and now as your shot to get in on the action. With player props, game lines, live bets. This is playoff betting at its finest and some great games. The first first game one of the Eastern and Western Conference Finals and Neuter DraftKings. You can bet with promo code KSR. Bet five dollars. If your bet hits, you're going to cash in three hundred dollars in bonus bets. You can do it all with promo code KSR only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem called one two hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibleity restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive reward. Wontus BET's expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms Responsible gaming Resources Ceedking dot Co, slash audio. We are at Mountain Laurel Festival tomorrow in Pineville and we'll see you there for that coming up next as KSR and again reminder, we're going to have the Mark Pope interview that we be playing hour two and at the end of our one as well, so listen for that. For Billy Edge, I'm sitting of the dude's been the k SR pre show. We'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: See it