Speaker 1: Second date up dated.
Speaker 2: Brooke.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask you a question, and I think I already know the answer. But has a guy ever tried to hit on you while you're working?
Speaker 4: Like it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, and so many different.
Speaker 1: Events in my life.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about the homeless guys asking for a free cookie at the burger bar. I mean like a normal customer trying to game you down on the job.
Speaker 1: On the job.
Speaker 6: Yes, people have absolutely hit on me, and some of it has been very inappropriate behavior.
Speaker 4: I'm going to let you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are the ones that you love the best.
Speaker 3: I would think it's hard to do to get a girl to say yes while she's in the middle of working, but one of our listeners says he managed to pull it off, and his name is Marshall. Needs a little bit of help today, Marshall, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you guys today?
Speaker 4: Are you like one of those truck drivers when I worked at Burger Heaven that.
Speaker 6: Would come up to the window and then they would say you got yes.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think, so we don't need to hear the story about how you lost your virginity again. Let's go back to Marshall.
Speaker 3: Marshall, tell us about where you met a woman while she was working.
Speaker 1: Where did that happen?
Speaker 2: All right, well, you know the little backstory. I travel all around the country or business.
Speaker 1: I'm oh, god, you are a long haul truck.
Speaker 5: I knew nothing like that, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: I fly, I do a lot of flying at a while back. I fly into town and I go up to get my rental car, and wow, the the young lady behind the rental car kiosk thing there. Her name was Samantha, not sam not Sammy, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, difference to.
Speaker 2: It's fit her whole look. She was so impreccably dressed in her little uniform.
Speaker 4: She was impeccably dressed in like a green polo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a nice like a soup kind of thing on, and very professional, very attractive. I'm starting to do the transaction and she's trying to push the insurance on me, and I'm like, come on, it's a manta. I don't need the insurance. What part of town do you think I'm going to be driving through here?
Speaker 4: I don't get the insurance.
Speaker 6: If you pay on your credit card, your credit card often has rental card insurance.
Speaker 2: Just a hot exactly there's all kinds of things like that. But you know, she's doing her job and I'm making her laugh, and you know, we're having a nice conversation. Fortunately, there really wasn't anybody else around. It wasn't like it was busy, so we had time to talk and everything. But we were really really hitting it off.
Speaker 6: That's pretty wild because she deals with people all day long. Like, could you tell there was a difference between her just being nice and the line so she.
Speaker 1: Has to talk?
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: I feel like with the insurance line, she may have been hitting on you.
Speaker 1: I don't think they offered that to all the customers.
Speaker 3: Boy, So clearly whatever you were saying was working on her. You thought it was well, I mean, I'm assuming that a date came out of it.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well, you know, you can tell when someone's just being professionally nice and there seems to be something else, and it looked like we were really hitting it off. So I told her, I'm like, look, I'm just going to be here for two days. Not to be too forward, but I'd really like to take you out for dinner tonight if you were a bailable okay.
Speaker 1: I like girls are used to getting asked the job.
Speaker 2: What did she say, Well, she agreed to it.
Speaker 4: Oh cute.
Speaker 1: You weren't mistaken.
Speaker 6: She was good job exactly.
Speaker 2: So I took her. It was one of those chain it's like an Applebee's or something.
Speaker 4: I don't even know, something by the airport.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it was a little bit away from there and everything. And I don't need to go to a fancy place to have a good time or anything like that. I just wanted to enjoy your company.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, how was it.
Speaker 2: We had a nice dinner and we talked and for such a stunningly beautiful woman, she was very down to earth and she was talking to me how she was like in the process of developing and planning and putting all together. She wants to open up her own hair salon and then build it into a chain. She was a very very impressive person.
Speaker 1: I love that bro.
Speaker 4: So this all sounds so good.
Speaker 2: She definitely she is. So we ended that night. You know, I'm I'm a very respectful guy. I didn't try, you know, moving in too fast on her. So this gave her a little hug. Said, you know, it was a pleasure going out with you tonight. If I'm back in the area. Can I give you a call? And she said, sure, no problem.
Speaker 4: Do you travel to her area a lot for business?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all the time. That's convenient and that's the thing. So a couple of weeks later, I'm back in town and I texted her a few more times. She didn't get back to me. I called her a few more times straight the voicemail. So I don't know what's going on with her.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot to react.
Speaker 3: If you travel there all the time, do you typically hit on women at the rental car places? Maybe you have a reputation around like the rental registry.
Speaker 2: It's not like I was flagged or anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, ye, Samantha, you said she was special. There's a reason that you really focused.
Speaker 1: In on her.
Speaker 2: Well, first, obviously, let's be honest, the physical looks of her were stunning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've mentioned three or four times.
Speaker 2: Really well, yeah, she's absolutely gorgeous. But what was really attractive about her was she was focused on building a business and it just seemed like somebody that, you know, I could really relate to, because you know, that's the type of my business too. In a way. You know, that's cool, you know, I date more, but I'm like, never in one place for more than a couple of days. But you know, with her circumstance, it just seems she just there was something about her. So I was like, you know what, let me move forward with this and see what happened.
Speaker 4: Maybe if she give herself about haircut and she's.
Speaker 3: Waiting it out, or maybe she's looking for something that's more like in one place, firmly and solid. But that doesn't mean there's not hope. We're gonna come back and try to come.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, Rico saves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, whatever you Rico, suave your hurts, hunk.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make it happen with your second date update.
Speaker 3: Right after this second date update, after you rent a car, you're supposed to return the keys to the vehicle, Yes, but our listener Marshall didn't just do that. He handed over the keys to his heart.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: That's the taglife until it's so cute.
Speaker 3: But we're in the middle part where it's a little bit confusing because he didn't get those keys back after he hit it off with the cute renz of car girl named Samantha Man not Sammy, not sam This was important to him, Samantha.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and she's stunning.
Speaker 3: Stunning, cute, so stunning that even though he was only in town for a couple of days, he asked her out, took her to dinner, and said he'd love to see her again as soon as he flies back. But that second meetup hasn't happened, and Marshall doesn't know why. So Brooke, what's your theory? Why isn't this happening yet?
Speaker 4: I think it's just.
Speaker 6: Because you're in two different cities, Like even though you visit, like, she has her own life, her own world, you know who knows, like she got back together with an X or she's off the dating market totally.
Speaker 3: It's a good point, Marshall, Are you willing to move right now just for her.
Speaker 2: For a second date?
Speaker 4: I don't think she'd want that.
Speaker 1: Well, that seems to be Brook's main concern that I just wow.
Speaker 2: I'm there every couple of weeks. It's so much like I did move there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet your hotel like all knows your name.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that is more than Brook hangs out with her husband now. So maybe this is good in a relationship, But let's find out. I'd love to talk to this Samantha woman.
Speaker 3: See if she sounds as beautiful as she looks.
Speaker 4: I feel like we don't sound as ugly as we look.
Speaker 1: I'm going to as soon as she picks up the phone.
Speaker 3: If she does, just give us the numbers zer to ten, Jeff Let's see if she answers and hopefully figure out what's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm dialing her number right now here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, I was going nine point five out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Samantha. Is this Samantha?
Speaker 4: Yeah, messing around?
Speaker 1: You were a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Good morning. We would love to welcome you into our arms. Chef jump in here.
Speaker 4: Happened to.
Speaker 1: Nine point five. It threw me off my games.
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess that's cool. I'm on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on the radio because we're doing a segment here called a second Date Update with one of our listeners named Marshall, who.
Speaker 1: Apparently you got to know pretty well the other day.
Speaker 5: Oh that was actually a few weeks ago. He would out to you, guys, Well.
Speaker 3: It's your fault because apparently you left quite the impression when you two met at the rent a car place.
Speaker 6: Pants Seriously, this guy could not stop talking about how amazing you are in every way.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he had nice things to say.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's nice, I guess.
Speaker 1: You guess doesn't sound like nice. Is a good start.
Speaker 3: We were hoping to get a little bit more from you to figure out if there was a chance maybe you and Marshall were going to see each other again.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: Honestly, guys, I just really kind of like get asked out kind of often.
Speaker 1: You know, is that the problem?
Speaker 3: You go out on too many dates and you're just keeping your options open.
Speaker 5: No, see, it's not even that because I usually don't even like say yes very much. But interestingly enough, like Marshall, I checked him out. He was like really well dressed, and he had this really nice sent to him. You know, I don't know if it was an Armani or something, but it smelt very good.
Speaker 6: Okay, So wait he was like special and you said yes to him?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, he like stood out to me. And the way he like, you know, held himself.
Speaker 3: What's a positive review?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Why won't you see him at least one more time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Because like I dressed up for this whole thing and he took me on some like kids high school date.
Speaker 1: You know, wait, what where'd you guys go?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 4: He said that, he said it was like a chain restaurant that he took you to. Is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I just wasn't impressed, Like it just really was engaging.
Speaker 6: One he's not from your town and two like he was only there for two days, Like it's just a quick date. Like it doesn't mean that he didn't have an amazing time.
Speaker 4: You always look up the menu in place before him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but you know what was the first date? It leaves the first impression. And if you're trying to impress a woman, especially like you know, I'm kind of more high standards just so that I have so much plan for myself and my future. It just didn't impress me. It didn't give me like the feeling that he really saw my value and how he spoke so highly of you.
Speaker 1: He was like, proud of you. I'm proud of.
Speaker 6: You because of him he wants to a fast forward burger place and the guy brought coupons.
Speaker 4: And still ended up dating him for like six months.
Speaker 3: But not all women are like you Brook. Some women have standards like so what you're saying. If I'm understanding what you're saying, he didn't put enough effort into the place that he chose for your date, so you read him as a low value person.
Speaker 5: I mean, and when you weren't like that doesn't sound so great.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What this says about his value going through a radio station to get this done. But he is on the other line listening right now and wanting to speak to you.
Speaker 5: No, Oh, I was not aware of that. I was not told this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I pose.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you'd tell us if you knew. But he's there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, Samantha. Honestly, like I was telling you, I'm like going one hundred miles an hour all the time. I didn't really have any time to like make fancy reservations at a really nice place, and he didn't even cross my mind at the place he went to wasn't really acceptable to you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you saying that, but it really came off as cheap.
Speaker 4: Marshall, Oh, Marsha's pretty direct guy. Maybe that's what he wanted to hear.
Speaker 2: Samantha. Are you like you're saying that you didn't like the Manzarella sticks?
Speaker 3: That is kind of fancy, it's it's it's string cheese fried.
Speaker 5: Years old. Marshall, I'm not a kid.
Speaker 2: Well, Samantha is. There's probably something you should know. I did not bring this up, but oh, some years ago, I was able to swing a very very lucrative deal. I basically, you know, created the eBay of Germany and did really, really really well with it.
Speaker 5: So you really didn't mention anything like that while we were eating.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, that's all I do all day is talk business and things like that, and I didn't want to do that with you, and I wanted to learn about you. It didn't matter to me where we were eating.
Speaker 4: Actually kind of sweet when he says that.
Speaker 5: But where the marshal and where I spend my time and my future is very important to know.
Speaker 2: I wanted you to like me for me, and not because I'm worth multimillions of dollars multi millions. Maybe just worked out the way it should have.
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, did you say multi multi meaning like a lot multi millions?
Speaker 3: Who Samantha isn't shallow and doesn't care about stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Reject that's why he brought it up.
Speaker 1: He didn't bring it up because he.
Speaker 3: Is Samantha you're not going to change your mind about a guy just because he's a multi millionaire.
Speaker 5: I mean no, but he's been very sweet this whole time, even in like my wrong opinions of him.
Speaker 4: Oh, she admitted she was wrong.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden. Now his sweetness comes to comes to like, Marshall, what's your last name? I want to google your net worth.
Speaker 6: It feels Marshall is okay with that though, because like, why would Marshall, why would you bring it up if you.
Speaker 2: Didn't you know, she wasn't interested with me when we went to the basic chain restaurant. So I just want her to know that she's really missing e Marshall.
Speaker 1: That's so caddy of you. I love it me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, appreciate Montrell sticks deserves.
Speaker 1: Multimillionaire clap back.
Speaker 4: Hold on, So now you're not interested anymore?
Speaker 1: Marshall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were calling for a second date.
Speaker 3: No, Well, Samantha, you just said that you weren't interested because he doesn't value enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you both aren't interested.
Speaker 5: Well, he just in his actions he didn't show me that. But now he said he's capable of showing me that.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds to me like Samantha has had a one eighty and is now on board one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he definitely changed my mind. Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, well that's a yes from Samantha Marshall. We are going to send you guys out on another date and we're going to pay for that. Not that you need it, but we'll do it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like the back titling. I'm not interested. Guys. Thank you.
Speaker 3: We just did all of this convincing for you.
Speaker 2: Know you, guys, you really did help me quite a bit because you were able to get out the real Samantha and that really helped me make this decision.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, kicking yourself, Samantha.
Speaker 1: The real Samantha. Want to say anything back to that?
Speaker 5: No, it's fine because you'll never find out what I'm really worth anyway.
Speaker 1: You're a secret multi millionaire.
Speaker 4: Toire text board is blowing up.
Speaker 2: People want to.
Speaker 3: Have to get in line behind us, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know what disgusts me?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that came out strong.
Speaker 3: When guys talk about how rich they are just so that they can get what they want.
Speaker 1: That's why I liked Marshall.
Speaker 3: He just threw out his multi millions to prove a point. Not to get anything you really did.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he's not going to be hitting this up for any of them. I'm said, we're getting on the textboard right now.
Speaker 1: So Brook made a point.
Speaker 3: Do we know he's really rich or is he just said that because it sounded amazing.
Speaker 1: It might be.
Speaker 3: But what's funny is we taped that a few days ago, and Marshall sent us an email to our producer saying that she immediately texted him after the call, saying she was sorry, asking when he got back in town next so they could hang out.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it's so funny, it really is.
Speaker 3: I mean, you think everyone's on a stereotype and then one person does that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to her credit.
Speaker 3: It's not often you meet a multi millionaire walking into Avis every.
Speaker 1: Single time, we don't think.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't matter what your income is, multi millionaire or totally bankrupt.
Speaker 1: We can help you with your dating life. Email the show.
Speaker 3: We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates where you get your podcasts at Broke and
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning