Speaker 1: Get your hands together, and we're gonna stop and pot in start.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to party, the Elvis Duran After Party.
Speaker 3: Games, The Act Show Party Podcast. You ready to go out? Yeah, my friend Cilia's in here. Listen to what she did and see if you agree with how she handled it. Go ahead and tell your story.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: The other day when I was home in New Orleans, it was like eleven am, and I went to get breakfast and I got back to my car and I got in as if nothing happened. But I was with my friend, and so my friend was like, Celia, Celia, you need.
Speaker 4: To get out of the car. You need to get out of your car.
Speaker 5: Look at the back of your car, and so like the trunk window was completely smashed. And New Orleans is like pretty notorious for getting cars broken into, but it's never happened to me.
Speaker 4: And I didn't really know what to do.
Speaker 5: So I just started knocking on doors and I was like, hey, did you see anyone to like hear like a smash or something like I gotta find the person, Like I'm not paying for this and I can't drive my car. So in the end, I did some like detective work. I stood around there for like two hours in this dangerous neighborhood. Yeah, And they ended up pointing me to the landscaper. So I found him and he I literally I like pinned him. I cornered him, and I was like, did you do this? Because everyone's telling me that you did, and you you're always around this neighborhood, so I believe it. And he was like, all right, fine, like I did it. And I was like, yeah, I'm guessing it was an accident.
Speaker 3: No, no, not New Orleans. Did he take anything from your car?
Speaker 5: No, I don't keep anything in there. There was like a towel in the trunk or something, and so he threw.
Speaker 3: Broke in to look in there to see if there's anything worth taking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like my console was open and stuff. But I don't keep anything worthy in my car because I'm always scared of that. So I went up to him and once he admitted it, I said, all right, this is how we're going to do it. You're gonna give me I'm going to call the glass guy. I'm going to get an estimate. You're gonna give me that amount of money either through insurance or right now, like zell me, I'm banned from Venmo, so you can only zell me of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and wait a minute, that's a.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: So then I was just we ended up actually like talking, like really just chatting, and he was like, listen, like I lost my mom when I was fourteen, and I'm like a mentor.
Speaker 4: To these kids, and I was like a terrible and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: You know what, like I need to like give it back, like give back, you know. And so I was like, okay, you still got to pay for it, but like I forgive you and I won't call the police. And then I was like also, you know, he was like I want I'm I'm I'm doing this because I want to see my mom eventually, like I guess in heaven.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, he's working in the cars because he wants to die.
Speaker 5: No, Like he was giving me the money because like he was like, I'm only doing this because I want to go see my mom in heaven. He was like, I'm not really a good person, but yeah. So then I ended up talking him for a little while and I was like, listen, if you keep surrounding yourself with these bad people or like you know, if you do these things like this, breaking into people's cars and running away and going on with your day. You're not going to meet your mom again. So you got to get it back together. And I'm here.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, So Celia, you told the man that bashed the window in your car to rob you. Essentially, if he pays you the money and he's nice to people, he will see his mother in heaven. Yes, and he could be by the way. This is a New Orleans story through and through. I mean, I know.
Speaker 4: We hugged it out. We hugged it out.
Speaker 3: As a sucker. I have so question? Yes, godhi, what some questions?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So now when you say they ended up pointing me to the landscape or who is they?
Speaker 4: Oh, a bunch of neighbors all rally together.
Speaker 1: So they all saw him do it. And he was still on somebody's property somewhere.
Speaker 4: He was like a block or two.
Speaker 1: Man who was a criminal broke into your car.
Speaker 4: And he had the weed whacker too, get a weed whacker? Yeah, you cornered him? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 3: Was he hot?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I actually have a picture of his license. I can show y'all after No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's okay, a picture of him.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the conversation here is forgiveness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I gave him a hug and I was like, don't do anything bad again. Just keep going around and give, give, be generous, don't take.
Speaker 4: And then he was like, yeah, and see.
Speaker 3: I'm the only one in this room that sees the logic behind where she's coming from.
Speaker 1: Logic went out the door when she approached a criminal and cornered him.
Speaker 3: There's a lot, neighbor.
Speaker 2: I see her heart and how you want to do these wonderful things, and I think that's fantastic. I think you need to be careful because you're gonna get yourself killed. And I also think he was telling you a bs stories.
Speaker 3: Probably, And I also love how Celia is guarding the gate at heaven. It's really hurt. It's her decision. Go ahead, you know.
Speaker 1: It makes me a little bit nervous that he gave you the money and was like, the only reason I'm doing this is because I want to see my mom in heaven. Like I my life would have flashed before my eyes like three times. Like this guy wants to kill me, but also he wants to get to heaven, so he's.
Speaker 3: Not like no, no, to see organized religion, and this guy slipped like grease and he just got caught. So he figured, think fast, think fast, think fast. And he just told you this entire lie. And he's like, I'll will to manipulate her emotions, and that's exactly.
Speaker 4: What he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it worked, and in the end, my.
Speaker 4: My car got fixed. He gave me cash, and it got costs three hundred and.
Speaker 5: Fifty two dollars and he gave me three fifty so it only cost me two dollars to get it fixed. But I had to drive home with my windows smash and all of the glass was like falling through it lying at me.
Speaker 3: There's the inconvenience of having to get it fixed and the whole thing. So yeah, I don't know. So forgiveness. You know, there have been times in this room where someone will do me wrong or the show wrong, and I will I will go, okay, no big deal, let's move on, and you guys will get mad at me absolutely for being okay, let's move on. I don't want to. I don't want to sit here and harbor that negative energy.
Speaker 1: I understand moving on, and I understand like, Okay, I'm gonna forgive you. I just don't get the forgetting thing. Never forget, no way. And then also because I don't forget, then it makes it harder to forgive because every time I remember, I'm like.
Speaker 2: You mother, m I'll harbor that negative energy for you will, Yes, you will.
Speaker 3: You're plenty for everyone. So you guys think silly's out of her mind?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a question, how are you still alive? This is just one of probably a dozen stories I've heard in your life that something similar happens where you put yourself in a situation that you could die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how are you still? I really don't know? Like, was he bigger than you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Clia, I truthfully, I don't know. I've like scathed death like a lot of times.
Speaker 2: I really have a Can we also ask your why you are banned from venmo oh week skipped over.
Speaker 5: I got hacked and somebody sent themselves seventeen hundred dollars on my account. Before I was I was on a flight to Europe, so it was quite literally the worst situation ever. So I disputed it and they were like, Okay, now you need to prove that it's your account.
Speaker 4: Take a selfie with your idea.
Speaker 5: I was like, great, done, they said, actually, that's not you, so retake it.
Speaker 4: You have one more chance. Retook it. They said, that's not you. Your account is done forever.
Speaker 5: What. I cannot contact them, I can't do anything. My phone number, my email, my name, oh, my bank account banned for life.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm seeing a pattern here with Celia.
Speaker 5: Are you? Guys?
Speaker 3: You are sort of a magnet for interesting stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I bet. I bet you could go for hours about all the crazy crap that's happened to you because it's you and it can't be explained. You're just a magnet for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what all my friends say. They're like, anytime something happens like, of course that would happen to Celia like that, nobody else because that's just how it goes. But it makes me the entertaining friend than you.
Speaker 4: Around for the entertainment.
Speaker 3: Then therefore, I think we have to invite Celia back up the hallway to hang out with us again.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna jeez, I miss y'all.
Speaker 3: All right, the forgiving Celia, We love you.
Speaker 5: Thanks guy, Helia.
Speaker 2: The Elster after party