Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts.
Speaker 2: And your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality televisions with over ten years of production experience.
Speaker 1: Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll.
Speaker 2: Sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, rain Drops. On today's episode of Real Alitude the King, we are going to do a deep dive into the state of the Real Housewives. I'm curious if you all are experiencing something that I have been experiencing for the past year heavily.
Speaker 1: For the past year.
Speaker 2: A couple of years has been a little like hmm, but not as heavy as it has been for the past year. I just completed watching some of the Real Housewives of Atlanta Part two reunion. I did watch part one, and I thought Scharae Whitfield did an excellent job as the comedian.
Speaker 1: The Force Multiplier. Dare I say the anchor.
Speaker 2: But Charae came to play and baby, I was here for it, and I love every single piece of it, Honey, all of it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: I didn't get.
Speaker 2: Too much into part two, and I'm gonna be very honest here. I for one, really like Drew Soidora.
Speaker 1: I like her.
Speaker 2: The reason why I like her is because I'm familiar with her being.
Speaker 1: An actress on the Game. I remember loving.
Speaker 2: Duus So Dora's character when she was a part of the game, and obviously I am a girl group fanatic, and she played t Bos in the TLC biopic on v H one. So I like me some JUSI Dora. After watching this reunion, I still don't know who Drew Sidora is on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. That is becoming increasingly bothersome for me, and I'm curious if you all feel.
Speaker 1: The same way. I like Drew. I'm me during person.
Speaker 2: She's sweet in person, and there's something about her that I want to get to know, I really would like to have Drew on my podcast.
Speaker 1: I feel like I may.
Speaker 2: Be the only one who can really get the real side of her because I am capable of making sure that the subjects that I interview are vulnerable, they keep it real, and the audience walks away listening or watching my podcast interview with these celebrities and feel.
Speaker 1: Like, Wow, I like them.
Speaker 2: You guys did it with Ninni, Kenya Moore, Jostlen Hernandez, Candice Dealer, Basset, Giselle Brian. I mean, the list goes on and on and on. I really need to talk to Juice Dora because I just really want to get to know her, and I do feel like I'm the only person who may be able to get the audience on board in terms of feeling like we know the real Drew because at this time, child, I really do feel like what Rap said in Part two Reunion, he called his wife and actress, and I could not help but agree. And that's sad to say, because obviously this woman is going through a lot, and it's sort of like the boy who Cried Wolf, right, He cries, he cries, he cries about something happening, and then all of a sudden you realize, like child, ain't nothing happening to you.
Speaker 1: You just want some attention.
Speaker 2: So I feel like Drew Sodora is the boy who cried Wolf. There's been so many scenes that we watch over the past couple of seasons, where as the audio we just weren't connecting to the tears. Okay, it was giving very much vising tears. It was giving very much slicing onions tears. Okay, it was giving very much pinching my pinky toe until they bleed.
Speaker 1: It was given those tears.
Speaker 2: Ch'ad like child, let me pinch my peaky toe with my thumb and have my baby toe bleed to death, honey, so that tears can produce out of my eyes, because what's not producing is a real moment.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to feel sorry for Drew as I'm watching her navigate through this very troubling situation with Ralph, But it all fell on death ears because it's hard to connect because we've seen other moments of tears that felt like it was ripped out of a Taler Perry script.
Speaker 1: What in the hap and the have nots is going on?
Speaker 2: What in the Medeia's family Reunion Atlanta edition is going gone here, Okay. I feel like we're all watching not even a soap opera at this point, Honey, We're literally watching a taler Perry movie, which, by the way, I love me a taler Perian movie, Honey. But it is giving the halfs and have nots. It's giving sisters. On bet, the Real Housewives of Atlanta is now sisters. The show should be called sist Us colon Atlanta, Okay, because I feel like everyone's acting. Allegedly, the girls were told right before the reunion that the show was going into a reboot and that's why all of them were performing, honey, allegedly.
Speaker 1: Any Who, I digress back to Juice Dora.
Speaker 2: That is the biggest issue with the state of the Real Housewives, And.
Speaker 1: I'm going someplace with this.
Speaker 2: As I talk about New York, Jenna Lions who I call Jenna Lion l y I n apostrophe child, not to mention Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: So I'm going some place with this. But let's start with Drew Sodora.
Speaker 2: I really want to connect with this woman, and I feel like we're all dying to figure out who is the real Sodora. Will the real Drew Sodora stand up? No, not Eminem, not slim Shady. Will the real Drew Sodora stand up? I don't want to see a stand up comedy show. I don't want to see a stand up in PROMPTU show Honey at the acting class in New York City, in the meatpacking district, child with the pamphlet, I don't want to see none of that. What I want to see is who is the real Drew Sodora and she please stand up? I want to see that. And then when she read her alleged cousin in law, Courtney, you an unverifiable bitch, and I was like, that's a read that your glam squad gave you.
Speaker 1: I feel like Drew or maybe I'm tripping.
Speaker 2: And then what I saw recently is she's selling T shirts called unverifiable bitch. What in the Robin silk Hats is going on here? I mean, at least Robin dixon Silk Hats Honey was selling out of the warehouse where Wine Dixon was keeping girl.
Speaker 1: I mean allegedly chileingt me stop allegedly.
Speaker 2: I mean at least Robin Dixon's silk Hats Honey was selling a lot of hotcakes. No, not the hotcakes that wine was flipping up and rubbing down, Honey at the hotel. He's paying for a receipts child allegedly, I'm talking about hotcakes.
Speaker 1: Out of the McDonald's. Friar Honey.
Speaker 2: So Juice of Door is selling t shirts saying unverifiable bitch, and that's when I'm just like the moment, I'm trying to give you the benefit of a doubt. What I gathered as a rehearse read is now being sold on shebascheraiy dot com. Then at the end of the reunion, Drew so Sodura performs her song, which, by the way, Drew, if you're listening, I love the song. I listen to it on the iPod. I downloaded it, I streamed it. Congratulations, Happy Birthday. I really do like the song. It's really good, So y'all go download and stream it. So she's performing it in the middle of the reunion. She took Andy c Andy Siss next to Kenya Honey, and Ralph.
Speaker 3: Is in.
Speaker 1: Chares See.
Speaker 2: He's in the First Sea Child, So as Dusidorra is performing, she's singing the song directly to Ralph and in this moment, unless you're Beyonce singing resentment to jay Z or Becky with the good hair, how can you cry these tears of pain not being able to look at Ralph so much so you left the building like Elvis did. Okay, you exit stage left, like able Dubinate tells her actresses to after they kill a scene. So Drew exit stage left. She could not look at Ralph, but when it's time to perform the song, she only looks at Ralph. And in that very moment, as I'm eating my oyster mushrooms with butternut squash, andelion greens and hibiscus tea, as I swallow it down, pauls, I am now reminded once again that Wow and my bamboozled like a Spike Lee movie. Do the right thing, Drew, and give us a moment that doesn't feel produced.
Speaker 1: And when you were singing.
Speaker 2: The lullaby the Ballad to Ralph, I really felt like it was not a performance like Beyonce on the Renaissance Tour, but a performance like how these New Housewives auditioned to get on the show, a performance that feels performative.
Speaker 1: Do y'all get what I'm saying, let me break it down.
Speaker 2: It's a difference between a performance and being performative.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: A performance is when you're watching the VMA's Honey and Brittany Spiars comes out with a snake around her neck.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 2: That's a performance, honey, okay. Performative is when you are y'all gonna read me for this, but I gotta be honest with you. Performative is when Melissa Gorga is yelling at Teresa and she picks up a cake and stuff on the table and just flies in the air. That's performative, okay. So performance is Britney Spears. Performative is Melissa Gorga. So Drew is falling somewhere in between Britney Gorga. Okay, you get performance and performative.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then child Britney Gorga was.
Speaker 2: Then in the middle of the reunion stage performing to Ralph let's call him Ralph Feeder Line Gorga. So Britney Gorga was perform forming for Wrap fedal Line Gorga. Okay, and all of a sudden, you know, her tears went away and she was able to muster up the courage to sing to her a strange husband who ain't too much of strange because they shared the same.
Speaker 1: House, which which which Witch is normal.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, in some cases when a partner files for divorce, they still live together.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there you have it.
Speaker 2: So then in the end, Charae makes a speech because Andy referred to Charae as the peacemaker, which this is no Shane, y'all know, I love me some Charae with Field honey, which, by the way, Charae was the star of.
Speaker 1: The reunion, rather of applause.
Speaker 2: Q sound effects Sierra, Yes, honey, Charae Whitfield was the star of the reunion, and it's time for y'all to put some respect on her name. If it wasn't for Charae, it should have been one part, two parts.
Speaker 1: Wasn't enough of me? Ray Wit Phil you did that. You are the memory that will have from this reunion. It was your reunion. You owned it.
Speaker 2: You deserve all the accolades and the praise congratulations. So but I don't see Shark's on peacemaker. And that's my girl. So when he said peacemaker, I thought he was going to toss to Candy, because I think Candy tries to come across as the peacemaker or the producers tried to make her beat the peacemaker.
Speaker 1: So I thought he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Give her the floor, but he said Chary, and I was like, oh cool. And then Sharay said, well, you know, I tried to make sure we all got along, and I'm hoping that you know, we can stick together and be a sisterhood. Now, look, Charrey, Honey, I don't know if you took a script out of Juice of Doora's pamphlet, but you know good and dang gone. Well, child, this is the last time you're gonna see these girls because all six y'all and coming back at the same damn time. I'll say that, Charre, you do realize some of those girls on that stage you ain't gonna see ever again. I'll give y'all my predictions much later, but that's all you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: So listen. I'm not gonna sit.
Speaker 2: Up here and give a whole diet Trob again of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I think we all know it wasn't the best season. If you need me to explain why, child, listen to my old episodes, honey, because I ain't got time to talk about the entire season. All I would say is this, they haven't had a two part reunion in forever, over ten years. When a show of that caliber has a two part reunion, when they are used to giving us three parts, I mean damn to give us four season nine, It's been ten years since The Real Housewives of Atlanta receive a two part reunion. In the words of LaToya LaTavia Kelly Beyonce second album, the writing is on the wall and thou should not predict that those six girls are going to be back as a collective next season.
Speaker 1: Who I hate to interrupt you, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 3: If you're anything like me, you're always busy, You're always on the go, and sometimes you don't have enough time in the day to prepare your own mails. Well, baby, welcome to a Hello Fresh. They have a very quick and easy recipe and fifteen minute meals that you can get a very tasty dinner, honey on the table, and less time than it takes to get takeout or delivery. Hello Fresh takes out the stress anytime you think about preparing a meal for you or your family. They have these ingredients and recipes that they deliver right at your door. So look this fall, skip that at your trip to the grocery store, and have dinner ready in no time with the America's number one meal kit. I know what you're thinking, Well, Carlos, isn't going to remain fresh like my produce? The answer is yes. When you get HelloFresh, you know you're getting top notched produce since it travels from the farm to your door in less than seven days. If you follow me on social media, you know I'm always preparing my own meals. Thanks to HelloFresh, I'm able to do it at a very very concise time with my very busy schedule. It also tastes really good. The recipes are easy to follow, and because I like plant based food, they also have options for people like me.
Speaker 1: It's really really good.
Speaker 3: Go to hellofirst dot com, slash fifty r WTK and use code fifty r WTK for fifty percent off plus fifteen percent off the next two months. HelloFresh America's number one Meal Kit.
Speaker 2: This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Since there's been conversations of whether or not the Real House wasper of Atlanta should receive a reboot.
Speaker 1: We have to now.
Speaker 2: Talk about the Real Housewis of New York City and their reboot. Let's go. I, for one, said on this very podcast that I love the first episode of the Real Housewives of New York City reboot was great, great introduction, tens across the board. I thought it was fantastic. I'm watching the rest of the season and some episodes have been a little, you know, fluff episodes, but overall, I'm like, Okay, I'm not mad at it. I actually look forward to watching Theves of New York City because I'm like, I want to get to know a new group of girls. So that's why I really get excited to watch it. Not every episode has been stellar. I would give it a past because it's a freshman series, and I feel like any freshman series deserves some grace. Okay, So I'll give it some grace because as a producer as well any brand new show, you're trying to find your mark. You're trying to figure thure out what stands out about this cast and this show. And what I will say is I do like the Real housewatch of New York City.
Speaker 1: Do I love it.
Speaker 2: No, but I like it, and I stand by the fact that, yes, this show should have been rebooted because I am interested in getting to know a new group of women now. But that being said, child, after watching these past few episodes where the girls are in Aguilla and Jenna Lyon Jenna Lions, I love you girl. I'm gonna call you Jenna Lyon l Yi n apostrophe honey. Okay, so Jenna Lyont because she's always lying. I want Jenna to say, look, bitch, I'm only on this show because Andy Comen begged me to do it. I much rather be at the metgala. I must rather be hanging out with Anna Wintour and her bangs and her bob okay bobbing and we even pun intended. I much rather be at the L magazine party. I much rather be any place in the world than the hangout with you skinny girls. That's what she says, Child, not me and complain about whether or not Brant wants to fuck Aaron's husband.
Speaker 1: Jenna Lyons does not want to be there. Mark my words.
Speaker 2: The only reason Jenna Lions is on the Real Housewives of New York City is because Andy Comen begged her to do it, and that's not some rumor.
Speaker 1: I think she said it. He talked about how he tried to.
Speaker 2: Convince her real number one in television production never ever.
Speaker 1: Begged anyone to do the show, to do any show.
Speaker 2: There's tons of women and men that I want on all of my shows. But there comes a point when and I'll speak for myself, child, as a king of reality television, let me school y'all on something. Anytime I feel like I have to beg you to do a show, it's never going to work out because your behavior on the show will always be I don't want to be here. And unless you guys have no twenty twenty vision, unless you blind, unless you watch the show as you're cooking your just egg, your waffles and your cream pie, honey or your pop pie, you can tell that Jenna Lyon does not want to be there. She does not She's there because she feels like she's doing them a favor. I don't know this, and listen, this is no shape to Jenna Alliance. As somebody who's worked on the Real Housewatchs of Atlanta since two thousand and eight, the beginning of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Hello, I don't see the hype around Jenna. I don't see why anybody would beg Jenna to do the show. I think it's cute to ask her. Let me tell y'all something. If they would have said, Carlos, can you ask Jenna Lyons to be on the show?
Speaker 1: Sure? Hey, Jenna, I'm well, how are you wonderful? Hey?
Speaker 2: Girls have a question. I'm doing this show called The Real Housewatchs of New York City. No, no, no, no, don't hank up the phone. No, uh huh no, Ramona, lou Anne, Sonya. No, they're not going to be on it. No, no, it's a fresh show. Yeah, a fresh show. We're calling it a reboot. No, Jenna, not the boots that you see at Jay Crew. Not those boots, girl. Not a platform boot, honey, No, a reboot. A reboot is how can I say this in fashion terms? It's a redo, a redall you know, redo d e u X. It's a redo, honey, Yes, okay. So it'll be a whole new crop of women, multi cultural.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: You're lesbian, fantastic because we want to be inclusive. So yeah, so are you interested? You're not really well, look, you want to just do the interview. No, not not even an interview. Okay, hmmm. Who else is on the show? Oh we got this woman named Aaron. Oh you don't know her. Oh we got this beautiful model named Ubah.
Speaker 1: You don't know her either.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brinn, She's like this, don't no, I didn't no, no, no, I didn't say Lynn, No, I said Brin.
Speaker 1: Would it be you don't you don't? You don't know her either? Okay, Well how about you get to know them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And one thing about this show is we talk about your personal life. Yeah, oh that's off limits. Oh you don't want your girlfriend to be on the show, you know what, Jenna, thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 1: This is my mother calling me on the other end. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm gonna have to get off the phone, but guess what. I will slide in your DMS, honey, and if anything changes, I'll let you know. Okay, thank you, goodbye, Honey. That would have been me, rip flax, would have been her saying no. And there's nothing wrong with trying to convince after a no. But the moment Jennifer about say Jennifer, the moment Jedda Lion would have said to me my personal life, my girlfriend is off limits. I would have said, I'm getting off the phone within minutes, honey. Let's talk about those limitations. The fact that one of the biggest complaints that was talked about when it came to the origin of a Housewives of New York City Women was the lack of personal story. People were tired of the constant alcohol drinking, the constant barrage of you know, Tom at the Regency. You know, we were tired of seeing Sonya pe in the garden.
Speaker 1: We were tired of it. We wanted personal story.
Speaker 2: We don't see Sonya's daughter, we don't see Ramona's anything. We don't see nothing. So the fact that you would do a reboot and this woman who y'all begged to be on the show is telling you, guys, no.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend is not I'm going to be a part of it. That's rich Black number two.
Speaker 2: But here we are, and as I'm watching the show, and I'm watching the women in Aguilla, and I'm asking myself, why am I not enjoying these two episodes of these women being on a girl's trip. And then it dawned on me The reason why it's not enjoyable is because these women aren't real friends. The reason why we enjoy Girls Trip on all of our favorite reality shows is because you get a sense of history, you get a sense of camaraderie, you get a sense of casual conversations. And in this most recent episode, everybody was pouring out their hearts, like my mother, this, my daddy, this, my childhood, this, my childhood that, and they were all hearing this for the first time. I don't want to watch that on my television screen. Get that off my screen. I don't want to watch women who are supposed to be friends revealing to each other for the first time their deepest, darkest secrets. Not one of them knew that about each other. What in the Survivor on an Island is going on here? These are strangers. This show should be called the Real World in New York City. It's like seven strangers decide to live in a house together from all walks of life, and they're not going to show us how the real world is. That's what the Real Housewives of New York City reboot is giving is giving real world tease.
Speaker 1: These are strangers.
Speaker 2: I'm not going on a boys trip with a bunch of boys who had never met a day in my life, and y'all expect me to have fun and give y'all some good television O. And then you have Jenna Lyon, who who is lying about everything. Jenna, guess what I'll say this. Carlos King is not flying coach to Anguilla. I don't think there's something wrong with saying that. My friends know, Hey, Lo's you want.
Speaker 1: To go here? Oh y'all go there? How y'all getting there? Well, no shame.
Speaker 2: All my friends fly first class. Listen, y'all get the real out to be. I don't have friends, Listen my core group. I really try to think about this. My friends fly first class, and I'm sure I got friends who fly coach, but we don't travel together. That's what I'm trying to say. But we're traveling together. If they want to travel coach, travel coach, that's fine. I'm not traveling coach, and I think it's okay. Jenna Minds is a grown ass woman. She has an.
Speaker 1: Apartment that is huge, like a.
Speaker 2: Warehouse, with designer shoes. Why is it bad to say I don't fly coach. I don't know any wealthy person who is used to flying first class going to fly coach. And that's the problem that is, like, keep it real. I think that you would have said, guys, I don't f like coach. I'm telling my listeners right now, I don't fly coach, and I don't think that's a bad thing to say.
Speaker 1: Is it.
Speaker 2: I don't care if it is. It's the truth. So her lying about not oh, I was just joking. I was drugged up. I don't remember what I said, but I remember the soup girl.
Speaker 1: Shut what. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Watch women who don't own up to who they are. You don't fly coach. It's okay. If these girls were to do that, that's their prerogative. So I don't like that. I want women who's going to own who they are and be like this is me. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Deal with it elsewhere. I'm not flying coach period. Point in the blunt you think Anna win Tour is flying coach, Okay, I don't even think Anna Winterwor flies.
Speaker 1: Business or first class. She probably flies private.
Speaker 2: I've never seen Anna wind Tour and her bob and her sunglasses next to me on a delta Airlines flight never because guess what, I'm pretty sure she flies private. And I'm not mad at it. When you work so hard in your life, and you hustle and you sacrifice and you do good work and you're a good person, why are we having problems telling the world I work hard for what I have. It's okay that I want to fly first class. It's okay to be honest about that. So then she was lying about that. Then she was like, well, you girls look so beautiful, and now I want to attend next to y'all. Jenna, cut the bullshit, syst Just say, look, bitch, I don't fly coach.
Speaker 1: That's number one. Number two. I don't know you bitches.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to be around y'all all of the days in Anguilla.
Speaker 1: I want two days to myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm only doing this show because Andy told me to not to mention in sidebar.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see the picture.
Speaker 2: Of Andy and Jenna having lunch in the Hamptons a few weeks ago? My point is made, Thank you. I don't see him having lunch with brand.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Okay, that's what I want from Jenna.
Speaker 2: Own who you are, and I think we will ap appreciate it. But when I'm watching Jenna Lyon on the show, I feel like I'm just watching a woman who's like, y'all made me do this, and I'm only doing this because I said yes to the mess and I regret it. So I don't know how things are going to shape out with the real Housewats of New York City. Like I said, so far, so good. I'm not mad at it. Is it great television?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is it amazing? Not at all, But.
Speaker 2: It's good enough for me to want to continue watching because I am interested in seeing these new women and I'm interested in seeing how all of this is going to end. Once again, every freshman show deserves some grace, and it deserves a second season because you always want to see Okay, second season is always the ten. It's like the sophomore album for a musician. Okay, the sophomore album is to make it a breaking album. Okay, your debut may have been a hit, or it may have been soft, but your sophomore album solidifies your place in the industry. So that's how it works. In reality television. Your second season solidifies your place in the reality zeitguys of fandom. So the jury is still out on the show, but the show deserves the second season. I do like the women, not all of them should come back. I'll give y'all my list later, but what I will say is there's only three women on that show that should stay, and one of them is Aaron. Aaron is the force multiplier. It's her show. She's the face of it. Aaron is the force multiplier. She says what she means, means what she says. She does not backpedal. She's honest, she's real. I like her a lot, and I love Brin. Brn is fantastic, and Brin is one of those women who was born to be on television. Bren is a star. She's gorgeous, she's funny, she's whimsical, she's vulnerable. I love everything about that brand. Brent is amazing. Whoever cast Brent deserves the rage. I gave Genna alliance to do the show no shade. But with that being said, Aaron is the force multiplier. Aaron is the one who moves story along. Aaron pokes holes in the stories. Aaron is curious. Aaron wants to know what's going on. It's her show as of now it's her show. So that brings me to just the state of the House fives in general. As you all know, I stop watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta because I just couldn't get into it. And that pained me to say that because that's my baby. It will always be my baby and my Mariah Carey. Boys, It's always be my baby till w Leen Gern telling me so I was sinking before Mariah Carey and the goons. Give me for publishing, Okay, gouch, I know Mariah Carey hangs out with the goons.
Speaker 1: Hey, the brad love you. I love the bread. That's my girl.
Speaker 2: I stopped watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta the episode The only thing I remember from this episode is when Marlon Hampton went on a date.
Speaker 1: And I can't tell you what else happened. I can't even talk. I can't tell you what else happened. I can't talk. Falling asleep as I'll talk about this episode.
Speaker 2: That's how bad it was. And I just I said, I can't do this to myself anymore. So I stopped watching that. Y'all already know I stopped watching this past season of the Real house Watson New Jersey after episode two because I was just not into another saga of Melissa versus Teresa. I couldn't do it. But I did enjoy the three part reunion of Jersey loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it fantastic, fantastic, But I stopped watching the season. I'm not watching Salt Lake City. I'm not watching it. I really did enjoy season two. I just can't get into it. You know, I think a large part of us really understood that the face of the show was Jen Shaw, and now that she's in prison, I just don't care.
Speaker 1: To watch what I want to watch. What is what is there to watch?
Speaker 2: It's like when Lean Lockin got fired from Dallas. She was the face of Dallas, and when she got fired, the show got canceled because what is the Real Housewives of Dallas without Liann Lockin?
Speaker 1: What is the Real.
Speaker 2: Housewives of Salt Lake City without Genshaw? And I'm not here to be like, well they did. We already talked about that. That's this. This episode isn't about that. I'm just talking about the reasons why I'm not watching it. Because unless you break on somebody who's amazing to replace Genshaw, You're not going to get my eyeballs to watch merit if not engage. I don't care what Whitney is doing with her husband. I don't care what the bad Mormon is doing. What's her name is it?
Speaker 1: Heather? Is it? Heather? Is Heather?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't care what Heather's doing? And who else on the show? Okay, I'm not watching it. I'm just not into it.
Speaker 1: And then what else do we have?
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to Miami Housewives, that's my favorite. I'm gonna watch Beverley Hills.
Speaker 1: I'm now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be very honest, Lisa Renna not being a part of Belly Hills scares me. I'm very intrigued with Kyle Richard's alleged relationship with the country singer Morgan. So we'll see how Billley Hills pans out, but Thomas coming back. We'll see how these girls pretend to be friends again. I'm gonna watch it, though I can promise I'm a stay tuned, but I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: But it just made me think about the state in general.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I just feel like when a show has been on for so long, how can you make it fresh.
Speaker 1: And sexy again?
Speaker 2: Especially when I think about these shows that have been offer for many, many seasons and it's just not great as it used to be. Now, I will say this, the Real Housewives of Orange County is spectacular this season. Thank you God that tamar Judges back. Tamara is needed for that show. Tamra saved that franchise from sinking.
Speaker 1: She did, she did.
Speaker 2: Tamarra deserves an EP credit for the amount of work she put into the season. Heather is even enjoyable to watch this season, and y'all not gave a Heather a hard time last season. I am enjoying how that the brother season. It's all because Tamra Judge knew Tamra is. She's the first multiplier. Tamra knows how to poke the holes, poke people, poke the bear, poke a napkin in someone's eyeball, like Tamar knows how to get things to move forward. And the Real house Washing of Orange County is having its best season, one of its best season that it has been in years. It's really good. It's really good, really good, fantastic season so far. So I don't know, are we housewives out or are we just tied of these women coming on the show to promote their products and not promote who they are as people.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the latter. Maybe the casting.
Speaker 2: Just hasn't been great for some of these shows because we're not getting women who want to come on the show and.
Speaker 1: Give their real life anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like we're casting women who just want to get on TV and show off to their high school bullies that they made it.
Speaker 1: It's like the MTV cribs of reality shows.
Speaker 2: Let me just show up my house and how beautiful and great I look. But when it comes down to really giving you real story and giving you what's happening in people's marriages, like that's what we want, we're not getting that. And then some of these women who's been on Housewives for so long, they're checked out. Literally they're checked out. Their check, their paycheck, honey has maxed out. Okay, we are going through an inflation, child of recession. Don't tell Joe Biden or Kamala Harris I said that child. Allegedly we're going through a recession.
Speaker 1: But they're checked out.
Speaker 2: They feel like I reached the limit of my pay scale and there's nothing more for me to give up. And that's what I'm realizing with some of these shows. They're checked out, and as a result, I feel myself checking out because it's not what we signed up for back in two thousand and six when the franchise started. Someone less. You get a cast like OC the longest running Housewives, and you bring back a Tamra Judge who has resurrected that show. Tama Judge single handedly saved the Real Housewives of Orange County and you can quote me on that. She saved it. She saved it, and all of those girls got in line. Emily and Gina said, fuck, she's the Queen Bee.
Speaker 1: Let's fall in line.
Speaker 2: Heather de Bro said, well, I was a flop last season, so shit, let me just do I gotta do. And she Heather de Bro is low key my favorite to watch this season.
Speaker 1: She's checked in because she knew she may get checked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyways, and Tama brought her friend Jen. I I love the newbie. Jin Jen is beautiful. Y'all gonna judge me. I think her Man.
Speaker 1: Ryan is kind of hot. I like Ryan.
Speaker 2: Ryan gives you messy like Ryan gives you like he just do messy.
Speaker 1: Things to you. Honey, in a in a.
Speaker 2: Bathroom at Jay Alexander restaurant, honey or Javiera's honey. Ryan is like sloppy in the car honey when he makes out with you.
Speaker 1: Ryan is my m.
Speaker 2: Carlos chill, No, I love j and Shannon's gonna Shannon. You know, don't show that it's gonna be really bad. Guys, I'm in a great relationship.
Speaker 1: Stop it. He loves me.
Speaker 2: Shannon's gonna shan it. But Tamar Judge, you go, bitch, you go, you go. Thank you for saving the show. Seriously, So again, maybe we just need more Tamar Judges on all of these other shows. So this leads me to answer do the part over Sarah. This leads me to ask a question to my rain drops. Since the Real housewats of Orange County is having its best season ever in a long time, what city needs to bring back a tamage type to really get the girls in line?
Speaker 1: Let me know who does a land to need. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget.
Speaker 1: Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes.
Speaker 2: About this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley rick An Executive produced by Me, Carlos
Speaker 1: King, Kingdom Ring Entertainment, Baby,