Speaker 1: All right, thanks Scott.
Speaker 2: You an hour two Sean Hannity Show this Friday, toll free on numbers eight hundred and nine, P FOURT one, Shawn, if you want to be a part of the program. It is amazing that some people get it and then some people will never get it. And what do I mean by that? In my free state of Florida. This state has been transformed because of conservative policies being implemented at the highest level under Governor Ronda Centus and with the help of President Trump. They've been a great one two combination. And for whatever reason, you always have those Republicans, I don't want to you can call them a establishment maybe inclined to being Republicans and name only institutionalists. You know that even you're making all of this success and then there becomes a resistance to what is been so successful and necessary to change or to take it to the next level. And it is bizarre. I'm watching in my free state of Florida, and I do this as a cautionary tell for other states that have made so much progress implementing, for example, either American First or a state first agenda. And for whatever reason, in recent months, there has been some kind of I would describe as more Rhino Republicans in the Florida House, and a bit of tension has emerged, reflecting a deeper power struggle within the state's Republican party. And I'm having a hard time comprehending why. You know, these guys in Tallahassee are pushing back on very key aspects of the governor's agenda, for example, stalling his preferred condo reform bill and.
Speaker 1: It became a big deal.
Speaker 2: You might remember that condo building fell down in Miami, and also rejecting his special Session on immigration in favor of crafting their own which is a far less aggressive bill. On top of that, the House advancing their own sales tax cut plan well, while Governor DeSantis is saying no. The biggest problem in Florida has been, especially in the coastal areas of Florida, is property values because of the great migration, have gone up dramatically. And as they have gone up, so to have property taxes, which is now, you know, literally threatening future growth in the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: And they still have.
Speaker 2: We still have at least another ten fifteen years of significant migration with baby boomers retiring and anyway, so I thought i'd bring on Governor DeSantis as a sort of maybe a canary in the coal mine that you've really got to keep your foot on the gas and keep people honest at all times.
Speaker 1: Governor, A great to have you back. How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good? You know, Sean, I've been on many times if you talking about how we used to be a swing state. Now we have one point two million more Republicans than Democrats, and so you know, that's a success, but it also creates its own challenges because I think people realize, unless you're in like a really deep blue part of Florida, you can't get elected with a D by your name. You've got to run as a Republican. And so I think what's happened though, even though we have the largest Republican super majority in the history of the Florida House, I think we have a far less conservative agenda. In fact, I would say it hasn't been conservative at all, because I think you have a lot of those people who really aren't true believers who are in positions of power right now. Think about this. One of the things that we've led on better than any other state is getting the indoctrination out of our universities, eliminating DEI, eliminating the woke, making sure that we put people in positions, both professors and university presidents, who are going to believe in the classical mission of what a university should be and not the nonsense we see at Colombia and all the other places. And the Wall Street Journal even a month ago was talking about the things that President Trump is correctly doing to hold the universities accountable nationwide, and they say, you want to know what he wants to do, just look at what Florida's done. Florida sent the blueprint from that. Every conservative in America like hallelujah. Yet in the Florida House, they are trying to advance legislation to roll back the conservative reforms that we've instituted at universities, and in fact, they want to totally cut us out of being involved in helping select university presidents. What you would end up having is that would be a lifeline to the left and they would end up going liberal once again. And then, of course, on property tax, you talk to these people. I talked to all the folks. They want property tax relief. They're proposing a plan that is being rejected in the Florida Senate anyways, But it would grant a lot of relief to Taurus and non residents and stuffn Why would we not want to focus relief on Florida residence. You did bring up the immigration, you know, I called the special session. I said we need to have all state and locals helping President Trump with deportations. They rejected it, fought me on it, they got big blowback. Finally we got it done. But it's done issue after issue, and so basically I think what their agenda is twofold. One, they have a whole host of bills they're trying to push through to enrich liberal trial lawyers, which will increase your costs, increase cost of businesses, and ultimately mean less jobs and not good policy. And then two, they just want to oppose me. So the reason why they did their tourist tax cut is because I was talking about property taxes and they don't want to do the things that I'm doing, even though all I'm doing is governor.
Speaker 2: Haven't you ever traveled abroad? Did you ever look at what they charge you if you rent a hotel room in another country?
Speaker 1: In terms of a visitor tax. It's insane.
Speaker 2: But meanwhile, everybody still goes to those places, and everybody's still going to come from the Northeast and the Midwest down to Florida in the middle of winter so they can get some relief.
Speaker 3: Not only that, we've had all these liberal groups try to do travel advisories saying don't go to Florida since I've been governor. When I became governor, we were typically getting about eighty to ninety million visitors a year. We just set the record last year one hundred and forty two million visitors to Florida. And so that helps the economy, and it's also bad for traffic and some other things, and we're working through that. But we have this golden opportunity to give people property tax relief and then just have more of the tax burden going people that aren't residents of here. They're Taurus foreigners and all this stuff, and they don't want to do that. So this is just what it is. But here's what I've learned in this In this line of work, if you run for office, you tell people what you're going to do, and you get in and do it and follow through. Even people that disagree with you, they do respect that. What voters really get upset about is when you run saying you're going to do certain things. And these guys all ran saying they were going to support the Florida success story, support the Florida model, support conservative policies. But then when you get in and you don't follow through, and in fact you stab your voters in the back, that is when we have some serious, serious problems. And so there is something rotten in the state of Denmark when it comes to the Florida House of Representatives. This is not the type of conservative governance that we saw under the three previous legislatures with the three previous speakers since I've been governor, and I think this is the least conservative agenda that the Florida House has pursued since Republicans took the majority way back in nineteen ninety six, and voters need to know that that's what's going on. I think these guys think that they get in the Tallahassee bubble and they can do whatever the hell they want to do without any recourse from the voters, and that's just not true. I think everybody has a real significant voice. Oh one more thing they're doing, Sean, I think you'll appreciate this. We all believe in draining the swamp, draining the swamp in DC, also draining the swamp in Tallahassee, which we have done. Part of the things President Trump's trying to do. He's trying to move bureaucrats and agencies out of Washington rather than have them all there. We've done that in Florida. They're actually pursuing in the Florida House a bill that would render our agency heads ineligible unless they live in Tallahassee. So our Surgeon General, Joseph latipoau great surgeon General, he doesn't live in Tallahassee.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's been a rock star and he's not afraid to tell it like it is and we can go back to COVID with him.
Speaker 3: So we want people outside of Tallahassee. So they basically have this bill, it's basically refill the swamp at why would you want to fire Surgeon General Joseph Latipou And yet they're doing it, and it's all just to try to attack the success that we've done. And that's not what they told the voters that they would do. But that is how they're choosing to use their power.
Speaker 2: Almost every person that you're talking about, I know who these people are, and i know what they're up to, and I've been following it closely. But I think it is a case study that people have to be forever vigil And I told people after the last election, you know, don't think you can vote for Donald Trump and walk away and think you did your job, because there are going to be moments where your voices are going to need.
Speaker 1: To be heard heard.
Speaker 2: But what really makes me mad because I followed these races, and again it's a case study. I think for other conservative states they've got to be forever vigilant. Is almost all of them, without fail, ran as Trump, Maga, the Santis Conservatives. They ran on really being transformational and consequential, and now all of a sudden, I'm getting report after report after report that they're abandoning the very things that brought them to the dance.
Speaker 1: And that really makes me mad.
Speaker 3: Man. It should, and it should make a lot of voters mad. I mean, we didn't even have a supermajority when I first got elected twenty twenty two. We had the big twenty point tsunami and we swept in a lot of folks to be able to come in and serve. And yet they have this super majority and they're not taking on the left. I mean, my view is no state has done better at beating the left across all these different facets of American life than we have in Florida. I want to continue to keep the left at bay. I don't want to give them a lifeline. And yet the Florida House of Representatives, these Republicans there, they're given the left a lifeline. They want to rewokeify the universities. They're doing things that is not in keeping with what we promised voters we would do, and that is a huge, huge mistake that they're doing. So look, you are a new convert to Florida, Sean, you know how different it can be.
Speaker 2: Well, in fairness to me, I've owned property down here for almost twenty eight years, so yeah, I mean, and you gave me a hard time about you keep threatening when do you move it?
Speaker 1: And I moved.
Speaker 3: But you dealt with New York as a resident for how long you've seen?
Speaker 2: Oh it was awful. I was kind of trapped there because of my kids. To be very honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when this goes, it goes, and it's tough. And so I think there's just a lot of Floridians who who maybe have moved here since I've been governor, since COVID, probably millions of them who loves the state, love the way it's governed, and they all, I think a lot of them take it for granted because this is all they know. Well, I think what you're seeing in the Florida House is no, this is not something that is set in stone. We have a chance to solidify and build off the success, which I think what our voters want us to do. But you absolutely have the possibility of squandering that success and reverting back to where we would be a purple state and we want election away from having a Democrat come in and really ruin things.
Speaker 2: Do you really think, even with the significant advantage that Republicans have now gotten in terms of voter roles, that there would even be that possibility not?
Speaker 3: I don't think maybe right now, But these things kind of move, and I think the danger is is when you have folks pursuing a non conservative agenda, when they're joining with Democrats to oppose a conservative governor, that causes enthusiasm amongst the base to really dwindle. That's just the reality of it. And so if that's the kind of agenda they're going to pursue, we're going to continue to lose enthusiasm. I think the registration would probably start to go the other way. It doesn't happen overnight, but what happens is, you know, sometimes you have tough political environments. If you have lack of enthusiasm and the Dems are hopped up and they start pouring a lot of money in here, who knows. I don't think that'll happen today. But I think we're kind of at a time for choosing in Florida. Do we double down on the success or do we kiss it away for pursuing this ridiculous agenda that nobody voted for.
Speaker 1: That really kind of scares me.
Speaker 2: I think the greatest compliment that maybe you're getting is when I watch Vivik Ramaswami. He's running for governor in Ohio. Remember Ohio and Florida or swing states, they were the two states to watch. Not any longer, so states can make swings politically. But he's running on your entire agenda. He wants to compete with you. He wants to compete with us, and I'm like, well slow down, mister.
Speaker 1: I hope you do well, but not that well.
Speaker 3: Well we've got You could throw a dart at a map of the state of Florida definitely hit someone from Ohio. You know, sometimes like the New Yorkers go to pouts Florida, the mothers oh.
Speaker 1: Southwest Florida is all Midwest.
Speaker 3: You're right everywhere, but Ohio just seems to be everywhere. It's really really crazy. Look, my mom's from Ohio and my wife's from Ohio, so that you have both of those. But I do think if you look just since I've been governor, we led on the issues, and then you did have a lot of other states that stepped up. We tended to be the one to get out in front first on a lot of these issues, which is fine, and we played a really important role in creating I think a great era of conservative governance, particularly in response to the Biden administration. And oh, by the way, Shan, you and I talked. We rejected a lot of Biden administration money, almost a billion dollars. They didn't know how to take it back, and so I went up to meet with Elon Musk last month. I said, Elon, I've got almost a billion. We don't want it. Biden wouldn't take it. You want to, Oh, I take it? So we sent it and they we returned almost a billion dollars to the Doze efforts for federal We're now that's got to be.
Speaker 2: A world record. What other state governor has ever done that. I've got to run only because of the constraints of time. But if this problem continues to evolve and get worse, we'll just name names. And too many people have worked too hard to make Florida the model state in the country of freedom and liberty and where woe goes to die to change to change course. So please, governor, keep us in the loop, let us know what's going on. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks buddy, SEEA eight.
Speaker 1: Nine four one Shawn.
Speaker 2: If you want to be a part of the program, all right, twenty five now till the top of the hour. Here's our toll free number this Friday. It's eight hundred and ninety four to one, Shawn. If you want to join us, listen, uh one way to save money and everybody needs to save money. Now we're in the process, thank goodness, the House Reconciliation, the Senate. Hopefully they work it out and at least we'll get part of the Biden Harris economy done with and begin the process of healing the country. Obviously getting rid of waste, fraud, abuse, corruption. Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that's good for the country. I mean, I can't believe they misuse so many of our dollars doze now up to one hundred and fifty billion dollars in savings, It's insane. The President getting energy up and running, the thread of tariffs resulted in over seven trillion dollars in committed investment in this country and manufacturing and in the auto industry, Apple semiconductor chips, and we've listed.
Speaker 1: That day in and day out.
Speaker 2: And one way you can save money and not sacrifice service make the switch to my cell phone provider. And that's pure talk. And here's the beauty of it. You get the same exact service. How's that Because they have the same exact cell towers, the same exact five G network, and you get the same service. And the average family saves over one thousand dollars a year. Now, these big carriers AT and T, Verizon, T Mobile, they try to suck you in. We're going to give you a free phone. Okay, then you got to read the fine print. Do they require you to sign up for four lines? Do they have a huge activation fee? Are you going to pay over one hundred dollars a month for service that you'll never ever be able to use in a million years. There's a better way, and you can get your free phone from my sponsor, our friends at pure Talk, Veteran owned company, right now. For example, you get a free phone with a qualifying plan. It's only thirty five bucks a month. You get a brand new Samsung Galaxy A twenty six. All you need to do is make the switch to pure Talk thirty five bucks a month. You'll get unlimited talk and text, fifteen gigs of data, mobile hotspot roaming, and you simply just dial pound two to fifty on your cell use the keyword saved now, and they'll make the switch in less than ten minutes. It's amazing pound two to fifty keywords save now and get your free Samsung Galaxy and save over one thousand dollars a year for the average fan. Anyway, pure talk, wireless by Americans for Americans. All Right, So we're now in the midst of and I think you really sum this up in a way that this week President Trump changed everything as it relates to trade worldwide. The old way of doing things is now officially over. In other words, ripping off America, abusing America, taking advantage of America.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: And he was able to reverse what is a fifty sixty year I don't know, institutionalist, you know mindset that somehow we're going to allow even allied countries to take advantage of us. And it is now going to result. And we have seventy five countries that want trade deals. They want them immediately. He's calling out China in the biggest way. And China is the worst abuser of them all. We've gone through the list over and over again on how bad they are and how they mistreated the American people. So here's President Trump that we saved us steel. He also saved the auto industry, the energy sector. Anyway, here's the President talking about, for example, one industry, the steel industry.
Speaker 4: We have steel mills right now that are raging.
Speaker 1: The steel industry has gone.
Speaker 4: If I didn't put the tariffs on steel because China was dumping massive amounts of steel in my first term, and I put tariffs on I saved the steel industry. But now it's going to thrive maybe like never before. I mean, if you go back to US Steel from ninety years ago, was see credible as the number one company in the world for.
Speaker 1: A long time.
Speaker 4: That's why we don't want to see it go to Japan. And we love Japan, but we you know, US Steel was a very special company. We don't want it to go to Japan or any other place. So we're working with them, and you know, I don't know if they need any money now, I'll be honest with you. There they hit gold. They hit gold because if you look at it, they have such orders for steel.
Speaker 2: Now it's in joining us to discuss this is Selena Gazito, who's the national political reporter for the Washington Examiner, and she has been spending a great deal of time going out among the great people in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. When you think of Pennsylvania, you think of the steel industry. When you think of Pennsylvania, you think of fracking. When you think of Pennsylvania, you think of the hard working men and women that make this country great. They get up every day, work hard, play by the rules, pay their taxes, put in their twelve fourteen, sixteen hours, they take care of their kids, They go to church on Sunday, and they grind it out and they make the country great and they provide the things that we need. Now their lives are about to get that much easier, especially if you're in the steel industry, or if you're in if you're in the energy sector. And Selena, to her credit, I can't even tell you how many thousands of mileles she's put on her car, has been going all around the state, more specifically recently visiting a a steel plant. She sent me pictures of it and then she put them online on x It's pretty amazing what's happening. But she's been talking to all of the American workers who now have a president that is championing them, which goes to my other point, which is the Republican Party is now the party of working men and women in America. These are the presidents standing up for high paying career jobs for Americans. If you talk about Wall Street versus Main Street, he's sticking with Main Street. If you talk about the Democratic Party, you know they're standing up and championing the right of men to play women's sports, the right of illegal immigrants over the safety of Americans. You know, they screen bloody murder. It's a constitutional crisis if you cut out waste, fraud, and abuse. I mean, there has never been a greater distinction between the two visions, competing visions for the country anyway. Selena's siding with working men and women, the great people of Pennsylvania who happened a lot a lot, and respect a lot anybody that works for a living. I respect they make this country great. Delena, great work. How are you o?
Speaker 5: Great? Thank you, thank you so much for having me on, and thank you for for s showcasing this. You know, Sean, as you were talking you you I just had a flashpoint of something I remembered about President Trump. It was the day. It was the day after he was shot in Butler.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you were you were in the front row that day. For maybe people that didn't remember when you came on the show.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was in the buffer. I was even closer. I was only four feet away.
Speaker 1: Crazy, but.
Speaker 5: He said something to me. He said a lot of things to me and then the next day, but one of the things he said to me really makes remind me of why he does what he does. And he said, you know, Selena, did you see nobody ran out of there meeting the rally? Nobody was There was no panic. These these people were poised and they and they handled it in a right, in a way that was very dignified.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: It could have gone many other ways. There could have been a stampede they're good at. There could have been chaos. And he said, those are my people. Those are working class, the people that work with their hands. Those are my people. And I will never forget how they behaved that day, meaning yesterday, meaning that day.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you know how I know this is true. It was either an hour or ninety minutes after the incident. I was able to get him on the phone. I've been tipped off by somebody that was there. You know, I was, you know, furiously typing everybody that I knew that was around him.
Speaker 1: Is the okay?
Speaker 3: I is he?
Speaker 1: Okay? It is he?
Speaker 2: Okay. When I got him on the phone, he said, did you notice nobody ever left? They all stayed. That was the first thing he said to me, he was he's very to say that he.
Speaker 5: Was very Yes, he is very consistent. And in my upcoming book, you guys will hear all kinds of incredible conversations, but that one, when you're talking about the working class, it just reminded me how connected and how much he feels he owes the working class. Right. So I was in the Urban Work Steel Mill. It is the oldest rolling steel mill in the country. It is eighty six years old. And I have to tell you, Sean and your listeners, it was an honor to be standing there with these men and women. Right, Everything in that room screamed work. The heat, the smell, the sounds, watching people doing their jobs just just screamed work. This is a place where something big, bigger than self happens. And that's how these people feel about their jobs. This isn't a career. This is their artisans This is a calling. They make things that make Americans lives better, whether it's their appliances and their cars, or the roads that they drive over, their buildings that they go into, whether they're shopping or they're working.
Speaker 2: Right, But I want to expand this out because you also went down deep into the ground in a coal mine recently to be with those workers, and then you were with steel workers, and then you were with people in the energy sector and the fracking business.
Speaker 1: You've been all over the state I have.
Speaker 5: I've actually been in a total of sixteen coal mines, and again, the very same sentiment, Right, you're powering the country. It's the same with the energy. You're powering the country. You're making sure the grid is going. And so these are the voters, and these are the people that are very supportive of tariffs. It is terras have eviscerated a manufacturer sector in the industrial Midwest, in Appalachia, but also North Carolina, South Carolina, the textiles. I mean, it has had an undue burden on the working class. So while you may step on social media and watch the sort of what I call the very online Democrat and Republican who are moaning about their four oh one case, it's not as if these guys don't have four oh one k's EQO. They do, but they look at it very differently. They say, look what we're doing, bringing back manufacturing to this country and strengthening it and making things in this country is what is best for the next generations. It's better for my children, my grandchildren and the generations to come, but also my community, and so they have a different worldview. They're very willing and this is to a person, very very willing to take a hit for it because in the long run it is better for the country in terms of the four toh one case and the other thing I want to really point out because people are missing this. The next big race, the next big arms race in our country is the race for AI dominance. And where are they going to put these AI data centers? And they are energy hungry. Who's going to feed that energy? Well, they're putting them back in places like Homer City, Indiana, where you They just announced last week that they are building a natural gas energy complex that is going to employ ten thousand people with very good pain jobs, and they're putting a ten billion dollar investment.
Speaker 2: I click break more with Selena Ziitos, who's been traveling all over the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania looking at how workers in the steel industry, the energy industry, manufacturing facilities, how they're reacting to the President Trump and his new trade policies, A free and fair trade over ciprocal tariffs your choice. Hey, if you find yourself tired every day, maybe fighting that three pm crash never fun right anyway, we're struggling with memory issues. Listen, please pay attention to what I am about to tell you. Strong Sell it's a revolutionary supplement. It's a game changer. I take it every single day. I have as much natural energy as I need. I'm dialed in, I'm focused all day and I just frankly feel better over all that with my working out and needing better. It's been a game changer. And strong Sell is an American made natural product. It utilizes a proprietary method to get NADH to your cells, the billions of cells in your body, and you could do yourself a favor by investing in your health.
Speaker 1: I found it. It's life change for me. Linda has been using it as well.
Speaker 6: I did, and you saw I brought it last week when I went to DC.
Speaker 1: I always said at least I did. I brought it. I offered an extra one to you. I knew you took yours in the morning, but I.
Speaker 5: Was like, if you need to pick me up, I'm just saying, you know what, it's catching on because people are hitting me up on X and they're letting me know that they're using it and they're loving it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get Strong Cell right now. We have a special website. It's Hannadystrong dot Com. If you use the promo code Hannity check Out, you get twenty percent off your order. That's Hannadystrong dot Com and Strong Cell so believes in their product that they have a sixty to eight no risk policy. Stay strong with Strong Cell, mind and body. Quick break right back, We'll continue, and Governor Ron De Santis also coming up on this Friday Straight Ahead.
Speaker 6: The final hour of the Sean Hannity Show was up next. Hang on for Sean's conservative solutions.
Speaker 1: I would continue. Selena Cito is with us.
Speaker 2: She's been all over the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, going from industry to industry, hard working men and women in the steel industry, the energy sector, manufacturing facilities, and she's getting their reaction to President Trump standing up for American workers. Let me ask you a political question because I look at the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as the salt and look at Michigan another example, right, similar bit different, right, different industries, but you're talking about blue collar, hard working men and women and that have seen their jobs deteriorate and go overseas left and right. It was fascinating to see Gretchen Whitmer in the Oval office and she's getting hammered because she was praised by President Trump. But the question is what impact do you think all of this good work for working men and women? Well, what impact do you think it's going to have on future elections?
Speaker 5: Well, party that is the political party that has the support of the working classes, the party that wins, it's that. It's that.
Speaker 2: I mean, so it's not going to be the party that's championing the right of men to play women's sports and the rights of the illegals over the safety of Americans, and the party you know that constantly votes against American voters, I mean that doesn't even want voter id.
Speaker 5: Look, I talk to a variety of voters in men and women in that Steel Plan. They were black, they were Hispanic, they were white, They were young, they were not so young. They had been Democrats, they had had been non political. This has been a game changer and has gotten them involved in politics and has had them vote Republican, not just at the top of the ticket, but all the way to the bottom of the ticket. You know, the Republicans did not just win the presidency in Pennsylvania. They I also won the US Senate seat nobody thought would Bob Casey would lose to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave McCormick, you're right, they also want and the case name was huge.
Speaker 5: Yeah. They also won two new new US House seats, and they won all three of the statewide elected row offices that the state has changed. And we've also dramatically changed our party registration in our.
Speaker 2: State, Oh dramatically, And we knew that going and I talked to you many times about it. I got to give you a lot of credits, Selena. I mean, you go down, you get, you know, an old shoe leather style reporting, which makes you the great success that you are. And we really appreciate you being with us. And thanks for that update. I think this is only the beginning. The Americans will realize that the Democratic Party is now the party of bizarre, weird socialist radicals, elites and Republicans now standing up for the eight men and women are the hard working men and women in the country. Selena Zidol, appreciate it. Thank you,