Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'm Paul Swing alongside Scarlett Film. Were't joined by Bloomberg Red Brown Red. What are you looking at today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, first of one on my screen, here is a sweet green. The ticker's SG. This stock has getten kind of pummeled today. It was down as much as seventeen percent, down around eight at the moment. That's sixteen percent dropbs. Actually, it's worst inter day since August of this year. Has coincided with its last earnings report. So earning's becoming a little bit of a trouble point for this company. Really struggling, as we've seen kind of throughout this earning season, this fast casual segment really struggling with the kind of a slow down within that like middle income consumer as well as younger consumers. So Sweekering definitely dealing with them a lot, with a lot of those problems due to the fact that they're our meals are kind of too pricey for these people.
Speaker 3: At the moment regularly twenty dollars cellids.
Speaker 1: I mean after you add on you know your protein, sure, the protein that brings it right up.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, Number two stock you're watching.
Speaker 4: Sticking with the restaurants. This time it's Wendy's. The stock was up almost fifteen percent today. Yeah, the baconator is clearly resonating with with people at the moment.
Speaker 3: There are stocks.
Speaker 4: It's up two percent right now, and this is off the back of actually them showing sales fell less than expected and also kind of continuing with this trend we've seen the last couple of weeks in these restaurant earnings.
Speaker 3: Of fast food doing quite well.
Speaker 4: Seems like foot traffic is, you know, maybe falling in some of these restaurants. But we look at McDonald's, if we look at the Burger King parent company, Restaurant Brands International, if we look at Yum they owned Taco Bell. All these companies are have been outperforming expectations. And Wendy's is kind of the last iteration of that theme that we see today with the stock up around two percent. Like I said, Expedia, Yeah, Expedia doing incredible. Stock is really ripping up around eighteen percent. That's the best since April of this year. This one kind of surprised me. I think it's interesting to hear some of the commentary from Expedia, like, you know, travel the end is still strong, Like it's just one of these areas that people just kind of refuse to stop spending on. I thought it was interesting too they called out that they're by now travel later type product was driving a lot of these results as well. I mean that, I mean, Scarlet, you made a face, So.
Speaker 3: I'm right now, travel later just sounds like a bad idea to me.
Speaker 1: I think so too, But I mean a good idea for the company that's offering it.
Speaker 3: But for consumers, oh definitely.
Speaker 4: I mean I think it just like to me, what it said, what it signals is that like people like we've heard this like on cruise earnings a lot, Like people just really like do not want to cut back on their travel, and they're looking for more like affordable ways to do it. Right. So like if I can maybe split my trip up that I want to take now into four payments or whatever it is, whatever this sort of plan is that allows me to still kind of like scratch that itch. I do wonder what it looks like I guess in a few months time, as the economy does, does kind of continue to like sputter out, like is this necessarily a good idea? I don't know if I'll have a job in twelve months, right, Like, so you know, we.
Speaker 1: Secretly want to be European with you know, twenty vacation days a year.
Speaker 3: Sure, Like, yeah, it's no secret for me.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.