Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Dominic is on the phone today for our first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Keisha. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Dominic, how long has it been sin see her from Keisha?
Speaker 3: Honestly, man, it's been about two weeks.
Speaker 2: You try to hit her up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've called, I've taxted, like not like trying to look desperate.
Speaker 4: But you know, just a few Hey want to go hang out, you want to help meet up? Never message me back, never called back. I don't really get why.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about it. So you really liked her then, huh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I felt like we really connected. I felt like we had so much just in common and I had such a great time. I really thought she wanted to meet up again and just disappeared.
Speaker 2: So sure, what did you guys do on your date? How did you meet her?
Speaker 3: I mean we met, you know, on the date apps, and honestly, like I saw her profile and she's just so gorgeous. I needed to message her, and I was so lucky. She messaged back.
Speaker 4: And we really just bonded over like Marvel movies and a little bit bonding over food. We both really like pasta, like Italian food stuff like that, and I thought, you know, hey, this is going really well.
Speaker 3: So we managed to go out and it was just really great.
Speaker 2: Okay, well what was so great about it?
Speaker 4: Well, I kind of gave her. I wanted to make it like special, and I'm kind of like, hey, we're having that first date, let's make it memorable. Hopefully this will lead to a lot more. So I kind of I made it a bit of a sensory experience.
Speaker 3: I put a blindfold on her. I walked her into the rest of it.
Speaker 2: So hold on real quick. So you went on the date and you started it. I put a blindfold on her.
Speaker 4: I can see where you might be going. Oh no, that sounds like a red flag, but I put.
Speaker 3: It on her.
Speaker 4: As we got to the rest, she she knew where we were, not where we were going, but like where we were. She didn't think she was going into a warehouse district and going, oh hey.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what were what was she doing while she was blindfolded, so she's she's showing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just walked her into the restaurant.
Speaker 4: I kind of put like the Avengers theme on, so it kind of a surprise.
Speaker 2: That's fun. Now you think it's fine. Look, anybody blindfolds me plus the Avengers team on, I'm down. But no, that that sounds fun. They're all worried about the blindfold.
Speaker 5: But all of a sudden, this guy is like walking around with the Avengers theme and that's normal, Like it makes the Captain America and my were great, so Avengers theme song, and.
Speaker 4: It was, you know, a really nice Italian place that I figured we both like, well, I've been there, so I knew I'd like it. But you know, we bonded over the Italian food, so I was like, we bring her here, let her kind of smell you know, the aromas, all the things, the garlic and the Italian place, and just kind of come in and be like, oh.
Speaker 3: It's going to be good. And she seemed to really like it. It really paid off.
Speaker 4: You know, we had a really great meal and you know, and then we went back for a little nightcap in dessert.
Speaker 2: When you say night cap in dessert. Are we talking like actual night cap in dessert or are we talking other stuff dessert?
Speaker 3: Both happened both, Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, the solid night Yeah, and then how are things when you say goodbye?
Speaker 4: Like we talked about it before, you know, we dozed off, you know, let's meet up again? And I kind of had to go in the morning, Like, but you know, we had talked about everything, and she knew I was going to call after that. I like, I don't think it was just that I kind of like she knew I was going to leave before she.
Speaker 2: Woke up did anything else. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Happened on the day and designed from the blindfolding that could have been a reason why she decided not to call you back.
Speaker 4: I mean, she she wanted to know generally how many people I've been with?
Speaker 2: She asked you that in bed.
Speaker 4: You know, it's kind of just that after glow of hey, okay, it's just fun, how many people have you been with? Kind of I think she just meant it more playfully and I just was there and ended up saying the truth, which she was thinking single or double digit and it was triple digit.
Speaker 2: Well I could see that being a reason, all right, we'll try to fight it off for you. Play a song, come back, call her, and then see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get to another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right man, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well plas on come back, get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of your first day follow up if you're just joining us, Dominic is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Keisha. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's got see him and maybe get him another date. But first, Dominic, why don't you refresh our memory on your situation?
Speaker 3: Hey guys, Well, we had a really great date.
Speaker 4: I blindfolded her, brought her to Italian food, played Avengers music. We went back to her place, had a really great night, and then I maybe freaked her out by.
Speaker 3: Telling her I slept with hundreds of people.
Speaker 2: That's a good breakdown. That's good doing. All right, You ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: As ready as I'll ever be.
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go, Hello him, I a speak Takeisha.
Speaker 3: Please, This is Keisha may I ask is calling?
Speaker 2: Yes you can. My name is Jebel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Kisha, I'm Nina. Also on the Jubil Show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm fine. This is a little unexpected. I is this a joke right now? I'm sorry be rude about that.
Speaker 3: Like it is real?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is real. We do a segment on the show. It's called the First a follow Up. It's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us and then we call you and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you. Oh great, it's from It's dominic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, unfortunately I figured I listen, I have been ghosting. That is one hundred percent true. But I have a good reason to ghost him. Okay, very good reason. The last date we had was so weird. It felt like the entire date. I felt like I was a main character in a TV show.
Speaker 2: So we talked to him and he told us that he told us how he blindfolded you and gave you a sensory experience. Is that what you're talking about? And the Avengers theme song was playing, but.
Speaker 6: You know what it goes beyond that. He also said he sang me alullaby, super cringe and.
Speaker 2: The date like, sang you a lullaby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he sang me alullaby.
Speaker 3: It was creepy. It was so creepy.
Speaker 2: Well, he did tell us that he ended up spending the night there. Yeah, he didn't tell us about singing you a lullaby though.
Speaker 6: So, I mean we're laying there, you know, we had time, and you know, he asked if you know I was ready for bed, which I said, yeah, sure, and you know, of course we're doing like this spooning. He put his arm over me and holds me tight, but then he starts to slowly and very quietly sing Twinkle Twinkle a little star in my ear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, And you didn't dig.
Speaker 6: That, not even in the slightest. It was so unnerving, Like I don't know who's thought that was a good idea, but it was like I kind of felt like this guy I was with was like I don't even know how to explain it, but I was worried he was going to start busting out Old McDonald had a farm, being a little childish, and it was really uncomfortable, especially right after, you know, the the night we had had together and you know, at the same time, I did think it was kind of funny, but then I realized I don't think he was joking.
Speaker 2: It was like a very intense moment.
Speaker 3: You didn't think that was romantic.
Speaker 2: Can you said, that's dominic he's actually on the phone listening.
Speaker 3: That was what freaked you out? Just you know, I'm saying you a little lullaby. Thought thought it was, you know, cute. It's something I thought it would be, like a little thing we did.
Speaker 6: I'm not even sure how to respond to that, but you're a grown man and you were trying to like put me asleep by you know, saying alullaby. No disrespect, but if you want me to sleep. I feel like there's other activities you could have done, you know, to do that, but sure goes straight to doing allullaby. I guess it was, you know, I just don't understand we did the other things first, Yeah, and then you ended it with alullaby?
Speaker 3: Do you check?
Speaker 6: Can you only not see how that might be cringed for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I've had, you know, other people that really thought it was cute. I thought it was you Just you treat me like you treating me like I was a child. Well, it's not like I tucked you in and gave you a warm milk.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would have hated that either. I don't know. I don't understand the problem. So like, was it his singing Keisha that was so bad about the lulla byer just the fact that it happened.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of both.
Speaker 6: Like again, when he finished, you know, singing Twinkled Twinkle Little Star, I immediately was bracing myself for like old McDonald had a farm or something, and I'm automatically thinking, if he starts to make the barnyard noises, I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 3: It's not like in a mean way.
Speaker 6: But I won't be able to stop laughing at I was worried about that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. I love it. That's the image that came to your mind.
Speaker 4: Now, I feel like I should have done that, because at least, you know, would have gotten to laugh.
Speaker 3: Maybe that would have been better.
Speaker 6: I'm not really sure if you want someone you know laying next to you laughing, you know, especially when you're in bed together intimately, But it's that, you know, if that's how you walked away from that experience, I guess I get it, but I still think it's it's really it.
Speaker 2: Wear that Victoria. Why is it scary? Because it's like also like you're in bed and twins be like, are you okay?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, if you sing it like that, it's scary. I wasn't like sitting in the corner of the room with my eyes on going trying to sing it kind of cute.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's a solid effort. Even if you don't like it, Kisha, would you like to go on another date with Dominic? Will pay for it?
Speaker 3: You know I'm going to pass on the date.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the effort, Dominic, I really do, and I don't regret us being together, but I really just don't see a future and I don't really see us moving forward together there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I could not sing lullabies. I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: What if he doesn't sing lullabies. I don't think you should give that up, Dominic.
Speaker 6: I can. I understand. It's just at the end of the day, I found it so funny that I actually was worried you if you were going to get upset with me, and you know it just I cannot move past this.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. I really can't. I mean, I guess if that's how you feel. At least you told me, well, you know what, I didn't really think that.
Speaker 6: You know, I would have to explain to a grown man why you know, singing a lullabye to a grown woman would be creepy. But it's just, you know, it's the radio fanatical thing to happen and comes to light.
Speaker 4: That's fine. Some people like romance, some people don't. Oh my gosh, radio people seem to really like it.
Speaker 3: You guys like the Avengers.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do yes first, and you follow up.