Speaker 1: A sad a.
Speaker 2: Big Fox entertainment. Please, I'm the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Edi van Adler and Rick Butches.
Speaker 1: Are you here?
Speaker 3: We go America.
Speaker 4: I see Texas, I see South Carolina, I see Alabama, I see Pennsylvania, Pensacola, Laurel, Mississippi, Spanish Fort, Alabama, Yellow Heart Souls?
Speaker 3: Are you ready? I hope you had a.
Speaker 4: Great Memorial Day weekend? North Carolina, Orange beaches Ready.
Speaker 3: Come on, everybody in.
Speaker 1: Fay.
Speaker 3: Hello, Kentucky, the Bluegrass State is in.
Speaker 4: If you're not ready for a good time today, bet find something else to do.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Rick Burger Show.
Speaker 5: Let's gout.
Speaker 4: Oh somebody would fry baloney, grits and eggs in South Carolina?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Woodsboro, Texas? How about it? Glory Gloriel, Georgia, What up bed On Mississippi?
Speaker 4: They're all here and building as we start a brand new day on a brand new week, coming off a long weekend.
Speaker 5: I hope all of.
Speaker 4: You got some time to relax a little bit and had a meaningful Memorial Day reflecting on those who have given the ultimate gift for the liberties and the freedoms that we enjoy every day and maybe when we remember what it cost, we wouldn't be so willing to be so haphazard and giving them up because we don't need to.
Speaker 3: A lot of folks paid that lease.
Speaker 4: So anyway, thanks to all of you that have been keeping up with us over the week and been enjoying all the things that that we put out. That means so much to us. As we have one hundred shows men, one hundred shows that have been put up. Uh and we move forward now Lord willing, and hopefully there's so many more to come. We do have a lot to cover. We do have some you know, stuff we got to talk about in house. Things you need to be aware of that are going on this week. We'll update you on that little little shocking because it was a three day weekend. I hope all of you enjoyed the replay hours from from the past one hundred shows.
Speaker 3: But we got box seats.
Speaker 4: You know, normally when we come and start a week there's a day we kind of gather, get our feet under us. But we we're right out of that weekend and right into the face of people coming from all over and they're going to come in here and there and they mean business, fired up, fired up and ready to go. So we look forward to seeing all of you that are coming. That will be a burgess ball battle. We'll do that later in the show today. So we had five hundred dollars go out of here. Yeah on Friday, sure did, Sure did. Now we we we showed a little grace because you know, if you remember, we we allowed it to. We allowed an extra spend and whatever whatever happened with him, the couple got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one hundredth day. It was we had to. Yeah, so it was a celebration. It was so we had to. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: So we will we will see what we'll see what happens today. A couple of things, Greg, I want to ask you something because you know you may be.
Speaker 3: A lot of you there may be aware that Greg worked for.
Speaker 4: Twenty plus years, twenty three years with the Alabama Power Company, part of the Southern Company, so he knows a thing or two. And we and we and I know all of you are the same way. So much of our country it's not everybody, but so much of the country. We're in a weather pattern. This spring is just featuring lots of rain because we've had some droughts, so I'm sure that's good. Lots of rain and just pop up thunderstorms. And then some of these things, unfortunately have led to tornadoes and all that. But a thunderstorm is pretty much part of your day right now at some part, at some point. And and but but then the big thing is, you know you got straight line wins and you have all this and we know a lot of you. Let me go ahead and just say this, this is nothing. I'm just gonna ask Greg's opinion what some of y'all have been through and the death and devastation. This is not I'm not even remotely equating that with this. I'm just trying to get Greg to kind of I'm interested because it wasn't a big deal. But it is weird when you lose power. How you're so accustomed to having power you can't make yourself realize there is no power, and you can't realize look how many things are tied to your power. And like, I can't tell you that's somatic myself Sunday morning, because our power went out in the middle of the night on Saturday night or in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I bet I walked into my closet and tried to flip the light on. Oh a thousand, and I just stopped to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: You're going the right.
Speaker 4: So so anyway, I want to ask I want to ask you this question because you may know and no, it's it's interesting and it's fine. So you know how your security alarm will let you know if your power went out. Hey, just so you know, we got no power. Yeah, we're not getting anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so it woke me up. It was two thirty I think am in the morning, going into Sunday morning. And of course you know Sherry and I lead a Sunday school class. I'm teaching that day all that, you know, women getting ready for church, all that, and so so it looks and it says, hey, got we already know about it.
Speaker 3: You know, they send you the text.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're on it, probably back on in a couple hours. I thought, well, by the time, we're not even gonna be awake yet because we don't get up as early as we do in work day. And I said, this is my big deal, let's just go back to sleep. We were thankfully where we live, it wasn't all that hot. You know, it hasn't gotten that hot.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's humid, but it's not all that hot. So the house really never got stuffy. And I thought, we're fine, and so we we get up.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: First of all, I panicked my wife completely. We we we're supposed to be at Sunday school at nine am and then our Sun's shop class starts at nine point fifteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I don't.
Speaker 4: Have my glasses on, and when I wake up, I realized the power never came back home. So I'll go over to my phone and I look down and I don't have my glasses on, and I think it says eight twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I thought I could have ever slept eight twenty seven without wake it up one more time or anything like that.
Speaker 3: And I holler out it's eight twenty seven now, and Sure's like what And she comes up out of the bed and we just start scrambling, and all of a sudden, my eyes kind of clear. I said, oh, stop, six twenty seven.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, slow down, Sorry, that's all that's six, sleepy.
Speaker 3: That's that's a blurry six.
Speaker 4: She's like wow, So well we're waiting now, and I said, well, we probably need to get up anyway. So we went so we had no power, and we went through the whole thing of trying to trying to get ready with no power, which is not that big a.
Speaker 3: Deal except for dryers for women.
Speaker 4: Well, Shery says, I guess I'm not coloring my hair to that, I said, wasn't not like I don't. You don't need to get that curdel in our iron eye. Let's just have it wild on top of your head, right, and then you and then they have to put their makeup on near a window where light's coming in, you know, because the bathroom doesn't have.
Speaker 3: Any light in the dark.
Speaker 5: And uh, but the showers in the darker.
Speaker 3: Weird it is. It's just weird. It's weird.
Speaker 4: So so here's here's here's my question to you. So we're we get ready, we're coming out of the driveway and okay, they now say, we've reassessed it's gonna take long as we thought as we come out, sure, goes, well, there's the problem. So I looked to my left because we didn't have a big storm overnight or anything like that, because I'm sure there was wind. You know, there's always win, and I noticed that sometimes the power company will come through when they think your power pos have gotten old and they're replacing with new woe or for whatever reason y'all have whatever. Well, they had left an old pole, just left it. Well, that old pole is what got pushed down, and it just takes the lines and comes to the ground, and and and it's late.
Speaker 3: How would it be tall enough to do that? It still was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't as tall as the others. But it caught like a bottom. Wonder it caught line you're saying, it kind of fell It fell fell in and caught some of the lines. It didn't catch all of them, So I don't know if that was I guess it was the power I bank the pole. I'm about the good one. No, But then what there had to be more to it, That's what I mean. They drug it all the way to the ground and was laying on top of it. Greg still connected, Greg, but like almost like you would be bouncing on it too. It could have very easily been telephone and cable. Yeah, well how come? But the power was no?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because what if somebody else? So then he said no, So then they go, what now your problem? Now that we've sent trouble man out. You, I guess used to be and we realized we need more resources. Yeah, so you're something else besides, But that thing blocked the road and watching people try to turn around, Hey, can I tell everybody who was trying to turn around? Because my house was the last house you go by before you realize you can't get down the road. Hey, folks, I got a circle driveway. Just run through the circle and go out the other side. The attempts to turn around in the road, of course, some of themrod ran over one of the sprinkler heads and destroyed it. People people getting in there with the grass is wet and everybody's getting Your house was the turn around?
Speaker 3: I was the turnaround. Hey, it's a circle driveway. Just come through it the other side. Just come through, go out the other side.
Speaker 4: Some of the attempts to turn around were the most outlandish attempts I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: And uh, but what do you what did the pole? What was the issue?
Speaker 4: Because when I finally got back from church, beyond the pole they put they put like like somebody been murdered. They put one of those across the road. Then they put a bunch of cones besides that one, and then beyond that. Now there's three four big trucks have pulled up to where the line is where this is still laying in the road. But now to your point, I'm we go get home, and I'm at we go out there and we're just kind of hanging out the pool.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 4: Of course even the pump has has to have electricity. So as we're out there, all of a sudden, I'm out there the pump, I hear water come down the slide us up. Power's back, so I look up. But then when I go up the driveway, all the power company people are gone, but the thing's still laying in the road, and now there's a spectrum caught truck pulled up block aers. So do you think this the cable? So yeah, so that pole was nothing because it didn't pull everything to the ground. I don't think it probably just pulled the fiber.
Speaker 3: And maybe something like that.
Speaker 4: What they do when you go on set a new pole besides the old pole for clearance or whatever reason, you transfer everything up on that and then we would cut it down below the neutral and then tie it off. Because cable and telephone now they got to come move theirs.
Speaker 3: Some of those will sit there for years so they won't get moved.
Speaker 4: So the one that got pushed down, I guess by the wind after it got so saturated. We probably it hit the bottom stuff, whatever the bottom stuff.
Speaker 3: Is, because we didn't pull the other one always. Yeah, that was telling a far cable. That's why spectrum was out there. But there must have been somewhere else on down was where the major ones. Well, they pulled right up to where it fell and they started working beyond it, just beyond them. But they closed the road office and I was out that long that sounds like it was.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 3: It was out thirteen hours.
Speaker 4: Yeh, yeah, but I think what you said it was just one of my opos where they did the telephone had had transferred off of it yet, or they were going to or they have.
Speaker 3: I've seen them sit there for years. The two blocked us.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get us signed the copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot.
Speaker 4: Com going over to sign more copies today, because we want to get them to you before Father's Day.
Speaker 5: If that's uh.
Speaker 3: If that's what you need. June ninth is the cutoff.
Speaker 4: After that, we can't really promised that you can get a signed copy by Father's Day. Thank you for your response, and we'll even see some things in Hate Birds hay Burge today over the new book, and speaking of legends and icons, Phil Robertson went on in over the weekend, and as we say, in the culture we grew up in, you heard about having Oldfield.
Speaker 3: And now he went on in. Yeah, he went on in.
Speaker 4: And boy, I tell you what a what a man we were, you know, discussing that. Sherry and I sat down and I put something out on the story on Instagram because the first thing that hit my mind when I heard this, the very first thing, was Phil standing before our Lord Jesus that he revered and served so well, and hearing well done, my good and faithful servant, because he was faithful and he was unapologetic about what he believed, but he was also gracious and kind to those who didn't.
Speaker 3: Believe what we believed.
Speaker 4: He stood on the principles, but he was all always willing to talk to you about the grace that God was willing to give to anyone who would repent and he'd take you out there in the lake and he baptize you. You know, so he definitely got a well done. But you know when people like that just thought we were talking about with Dad, you know, when these men passed seventy nine years old, so it was a little younger than Dad. But Alzheimer's it's a tough thing. Greg and I and all of us were discussing. You know, honestly, he went pretty quick after they publicly told us he had Alzheimer's. And it's possible that they may have had some years that they didn't talk about it much publicly, so that may be. But you were also saying, there's a form of Alzheimer's that seems to shorten your life quicker than different different kinds. I don't know what kind he had, but you know Dad was ten years with it, right, I think when we figure around ten years. Yeah, yeah, maybe a little less, but somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then like I saying the whole he wouldn't do the bad part, just showing signs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, when you think about Dad's body, you know he he ultimately his his life ended on earth because he actually fail and in a memory care facility and and had you know, a brain bleed, so that how much longer Dad's body would have carried on?
Speaker 3: Who knows he was still walking around find yeah.
Speaker 4: He was, but uh so anyway, the but it's a it's a it's a it's a terrible thing to see. And uh but Phil Robertson what what a celebration of a life. And you guys had to know We had him on the show back in the Rick and Bubba days. You know, I got to do some stuff with them on some of their podcasts and and uh and all that. But you guys got to sit down and and be and I got to go and do some events with Phil. But you can this this thing with you guys interviewed him was one of my favorite stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: And you know Rock the South of the outdoor concert festival that we've what we've done, I guess on air stuff with them for years and it's it's known around the country is one of the biggest outdoor festivals there that there is. He was there with one of his sons, Alan, and uh we were tasked with doing an interview with them on stage.
Speaker 3: In front of the whole crowd.
Speaker 10: But but all you went on stage, all you saw were people for.
Speaker 3: As far as you could see. Yeah, and we're sending couches. Yeah yeah, if y'all not big on shoes.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: Now, we went in his trailer and he was in there in his bare feet kick back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And one thing I remember we've discussed it is we were briefed before we got to go on the trailer and then plus on stage. Yeah, or even you know, when you he said, don't ask him because this is when the GQ article had come out, y'all, don't bring that up or see we walk in the first thing he says, as he's barefooted, y'all asked me anything he brought it?
Speaker 3: He goes, does it make you think? Called Gentlemen's Quarterly? I didn't know what that was, and he gave us the whole story. We couldn't ask him about.
Speaker 10: Greg and I looked over each other like, well that all those prep in meetings on what we couldn't do, I guess that's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But it was really really cool to see him kind of laid back and just you know, out, and it was really he was always such a pleasure to be around and always so kind and.
Speaker 5: That was at the height of the Duck Dynasty mania. Yeah, y'all interviewed him and like that article had just come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all.
Speaker 5: Remember, he wanted to kick it off early, Like his little interviewed. He was like, I'm ready, let's go. Oh yeah, And the big didn't know that, and so a lot of times in between the acts, like the crowd would go, you know, whatever, get a hot dog or whatever, you know, and he starts early. He gets on stage and I actually wasn't ready either. So I, along with the entire crowd, we're running back to the stage. And the crowd went from like I don't know, a couple thousand to like ten thousand. Wow, at least like at least ten thousand people rushing back to this stage to watch a Q and A with Greg Burgess and Speedy on the couch with Phil.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was amazing, but it was kind of neat because you know, when you're interviewing someone, you kind of want to know where they want to go. And to Greg's point, he's like, ask me anything, whatever, and I'm like, okay, so we're going on stage with whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well he was going. He wasn't afraid of stage with whatever, no restrictions when uh, well, we may have talked, Oh come, I'll hit one more thing. Have you ever heard the guys talk about the story?
Speaker 4: And I think we may have shared it on the show back then, but today it's a good time to do it again. When they first started doing honesty and the A and E people were there when he when he asked the blessing for the food.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about this?
Speaker 8: I don't know that I have.
Speaker 3: I think we may have talked about it, but it was hilarious. Yeah, and the response of they and these people, they're like, Okay, why don't we try one more? But I'll tell you about that. But that was classic, classic fears because he was fearless. Oh when it came to the faith, We'll be right back, stay go.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So we talked about it a little bit on the show Friday that you know, my hearing is not what it once was. I'm not to the point of needing a hearing aid yet. I hope maybe I can avoid that. But if I do, I've already been through this with family members. I know where to go, and that's md hearing. So many of you have responded to this, and it's a game changer when you have loved ones that where their hearing starts to go away to the point that they need a hearing aid. Many times, if you'll notice, you kind of start losing them in the family because they're not engaged because they can't hear what everybody's saying. And get them back engaged by getting them a hearing aide. Then you're saying, well, we'd love to Rick, but have you seen the price of a hearing aid? Yes, but that was before MD Hearing. MD Hearing change the entire industry by giving you hearing aids that are very, very affordable, over ninety percent less than clinic hearing aids, the Neo which is fantastic. If it's inside your ear, no one will even though it's there. Plus, MD Hearing just launch the Neo XS, the smallest hearing aid ever. Now we're gonna get you a pair for ninety seven. All you have to do is go to use this website. Okay, are you ready? Shop MD hearing dot com. Shop md hearing dot com, use the promo code Rick, and you can get a pair of these incredible hearing aids for two hundred and ninety seven dollars.
Speaker 3: You heard me right. And also you're going to.
Speaker 4: Get a free extra charging case that's a one hundred dollars value just for listening to the Rick Burgess Show. So go right now to shopimdhearing dot com use the promo code.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 2: He was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class cloud.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess, here we go, America. Thank you for being with us. Excited about another week. A lot going on this week. We'll talk more about that coming up. Speedy back from his trip to see the Dallas Stars with his son JC. We'll get an update on that trip. What a great graduation gift. That was like a fun trip, and we'll find out did he make all the times, did.
Speaker 3: He get it back, did he get back, how did it go?
Speaker 4: His first experience with big time hockey, we'll talk about that. How about us tax shield. If you're out there and you owe the irs money, then you are now in the crosshairs of the largest collection agency in the country.
Speaker 2: Here they come.
Speaker 4: Will they garnish your wages? You better believe they will with a seize property.
Speaker 3: You bet you.
Speaker 4: Whatever it takes they'll do it. And if you are worried about this, why don't you get peace of mind and resolve this once and for all with our friends at US tax Shield. Look at the Better Business Bureau. They've given them an A plus call one eight hundred seven sixty nine seven three four zero. If you owe ten thousand dollars or more to the federal government, they may be able to help one eight hundred seven six' nine seven three four. Zero there's new laws that may allow them to negotiate a settlement for the lowest amount. Possible as the, government you need to know this wants to solve this problem as much as you. Do, Okay so why don't you take control of your financial future as opposed to wondering if the government's going to take control of. That so go To rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors all the DETAILS i just gave you ABOUT us Tax.
Speaker 3: Shield it's there, too in case you're not able to write all that.
Speaker 4: Down, okay we are Remembering Phil, Robertson SO i Sent adler. This this is When Tucker carlson was Interviewing Willie. Robertson and you, remember As adler just pointed, OUT i mean there was The duck. Dynasty. Heyday when they were they were, huge and they still. Are but there was one time when it was WHY i, mean they everybody.
Speaker 3: Knew who they. Were aren't they?
Speaker 4: Rebooting YEAH i heard that next generation or, Something, yeah something like.
Speaker 3: That but Here's Willie.
Speaker 4: Robertson you remember we always he would All phil worked in his, faith even ON a AND. E and of course remember WHEN a AND e thought they would get rid of him because of THE gq article And Cracker barrow was going to take the step would so, Stupid and there were so many people that supported what a strange. Concept there were people that supported them to the level THAT a AND e kept, them And Cracker barrow, said we changed our.
Speaker 3: Mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah but the first time that they ever Filmed Phil robertson giving the blessing and praying over the, food this, happened and Here's Willie robertson Telling Tucker, carl here we.
Speaker 5: Go thing that ever happened dug nasty that never got. Shown so we had this dinner scene every, time you. Know so we're.
Speaker 12: Setting all the table up and it's a little young producers, like, okay Mister, phil you'll pray. Action so we bow our, heads And phil, Said, FATHER i pray for these bunch of heathens From Los, Angeles, california with Their latte coffees and their filthy.
Speaker 5: LANGUAGE i pray you don't burn them all.
Speaker 9: In hell for their.
Speaker 3: Sinfulness.
Speaker 13: Amen we were laughing so hard because none of us knew that was. Coming none of us realize and so we all look over and we're just, like look what was? That and this this young, produce he never missed a. Being he was, like thank, you Mister.
Speaker 5: Phil now can we do another prayer that we can actually put on.
Speaker 4: Televison, lord pray for these heathens From Los Angeles lotte coffees in their filthy.
Speaker 3: Language you don't burn them all in the. Hell that was. HIM a.
Speaker 4: Lot of you are texting and emailing About BABYLON, B BABYLON, b you, know AND i Think phil would love. This they put out something about the death Of Phil robertson, says oh, No Phil robertson greeted in heaven by twelve million angry.
Speaker 3: Ducks and it shows him running From DUTs at The Golden gate at The golden on The Golden streets with the pearly gates behind. Him so, anyway great, man great. Legacy and you know the few times that AND i got to see him preach more than.
Speaker 4: Once of, course he was always preaching more than. Once and every time we had him on the show back in The rick And bubba, days it was always.
Speaker 3: Huge everybody loved.
Speaker 4: It BUT i was at an event AND i will tell you this it was and now this is this is quite a, compliment even though the difference is we never Saw john The baptist have the testimony That Phil robertson. Had but Once phil was, redeemed and As jesus to those of, us AND i would include myself on that that have an incredible debt that we. Owed you, know if somebody forgives you for ten, dollars you owe. THEM i, mean you're. Thankful but if somebody forgives you for millions of dollars that you owe, them you're. Grateful and for those of us that have been forgiven of horrible amounts of, sin we tend to once we've been, redeemed you, know we're awful. Grateful And Phil robertson certainly. Was but he reminded me of the things you read About john The. BAPTIST i, Mean he literally always looked like he walked right out of the. Wilderness he had A bible that was, gigantic and it was, tattered and it had it had notes in it and things that he was inspired. By and he would just walk, In i'm talking about you bit a, Banquet that's WHAT i, saw like a fundraiser or, something AND i forget what organization it, was and everybody was, dressed you, know, suits and ALL i did was just introduce him that. Night he still had his camo on and. Whatever and he just took that Huge bible and just walks up and he just goes wamn, it just puts it on the podium and he just starts talking about The. Bible and then when he's, done he just takes it and shuts it and he just walks. OFF i, mean he doesn't go back to a seat and. Done all, Right i'm out And i'm gonna leave it with. You and it was it was always a powerful thing to. See so he was really Something.
Speaker 10: You've talked about, it and it's just known that men have such a tough time on finishing, well so many latent. Lives they just they just throw it all away or do something and they just remembered for that last, big huge, mistake and they didn't finish. Well but he finished well.
Speaker 4: Well he finished so well that you have to be told about the man he was prior to his encounter With, jesus because the man After jesus became so much more impactful that you you almost can't believe.
Speaker 3: The man he once. Was and that's why it's supposed to. Be that's.
Speaker 4: Transformation and as we have said many, times if we haven't been transformed by, redemption if if we haven't been transformed By, Jesus jesus is not the, problem because he is in the transformation, business and the power that is available in him transforms all who abide in, him no, doubt and he was a great example of. That it was just it was an incredible. Run AND i know that when you see people who love The lord as much as, HIM i JUST i just think about what it's like when they're finally standing in his, presence you, Know and all This alzheimer's mass and all the problems of the falling creation and our falling bodies have gone. Away and like even The Apostle paul, said is as much as we can with our finite. Minds as much as we, try AND i don't think anybody was pressing on and straining any harder than The Apostle paul to know everything you could possibly know about the The lord that had that had transformed his. Life and even he, said but even on my best, DAY i still can only see it cloudy because of THE.
Speaker 3: I have limits right.
Speaker 4: Now but one, day one, day when all this is, away it won't be dim to me, Anymore i'll see him clearly And i'll completely see it and experience it. All and and, boy when when you think about when that day, comes that's a you, know like Like phil always, preach it's either going to be a day that you run to or it's going to be a day that you cower in fear and, say uh, OH i mean one or the. Other, yeah what do you used to, Say, Greg turn or?
Speaker 3: Burn turn or? BURN i think, that, yeah you gotta turn and you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Burn the one THING i love one TIME i saw when he would do little things like. THAT i always find it interesting that people don't believe That jesus ever walked this.
Speaker 3: Earth they're keeping time by.
Speaker 4: Him you're time is based on the man you don't even believe.
Speaker 3: In it's a pretty common. Scene. Yeah.
Speaker 10: YEAH i remember the first time somebody told me about their show And i'm, like what what are you talking?
Speaker 3: About i'm, like, oh, no you need to check us.
Speaker 10: Out yeah, Yeah and that's that's back in the early time when they were all just sitting around at their desks and they're all making them backing the, call shooting the.
Speaker 1: Bowl.
Speaker 3: YEP i was, like, wow this is something. Else who was the guy we had on that was on there to?
Speaker 11: Call?
Speaker 3: Ye remember? Him and he GOT i got to make a fun.
Speaker 5: Of talking about mountain?
Speaker 3: Man what is that what he went?
Speaker 2: About, yes this is The Rick Burgess. Show did you miss part of the show? Today catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast Channel for the day's show. Archive find them both At rick burgershow dot.
Speaker 3: Com we never have to miss any of the show.
Speaker 4: Never full archives available every day on the YouTube channel and our podcast. Channel hopefully you enjoyed over The Memorial day, weekend we had a number of things that you could go and. Grab coming up this, week let's kind of update you on what is. Ahead so we will Have Andy andrews back tomorrow be true or bs he'll be here with, us so another opportunity to. Win Tomorrow, Wednesday Bible study back, tomorrow we'll be In. Joe we'll be in chapter FIFTEEN i think, tomorrow so that'll be Back Strange. Encounters we will have a new episode coming out this. Weekend look for that as episode, Three so that will be coming out this. Weekend our new podcast With BLAZE tv about spiritual warfare And tales from the Camp. House episode, Four The Burgess Bass, Battle part two will be coming out On. Friday so we gave you episode, one which kind of sets everything up to the actual bass tournament between us. Beginning thanks for all your feedback on. That some of you were, like well that was a little short for. Me others were, like, yeah, hey it was. Great let's get. Going we kind of want to give you these things in smaller. BITES i, Mean adler's kind of helping to train on, this and we keep hearing all. This when you're doing these, videos usually smaller bites more people consume them as opposed to big. Bites but this episode coming up On friday will be, longer but we try to find that perfect. Mix so look for episode, Four The Bass battle between all of us here on the program will actually take. Place So episode Four Burgess Bass Battle part two coming out On, friday so and we'll be able you'll be able to consume that this coming. Weekend all, Right, so a couple of things that we need to run.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 4: Two first of, all dealing with the war In. Ukraine it looks like that That putin has has gone to little bonkers right. Now you, know he's getting funded by By china pretty. Good and, boy they're cranking out the drones, now they say that they're now they've they've Financed putin where he can crank out hundreds of drones a. Day at one, TIME i think they were saying it would take him a month to do one. Hundred now they're cranking out maybe three hundred a day something like. THAT i don't know if that's true or. Not they've had a drone attack On. Ukraine they've killed some more people and launched. That and now Even trump is, going, Hey, putin he's, uh he's out of control right.
Speaker 10: Now, yeah The PUTINE i KNEW i COULD i could somewhat communicate with.
Speaker 3: Him now he's he's kind.
Speaker 4: Of lost a little bit so he's he's Defying trump now and and, continues he refuses to stop with what's going on In. Ukraine so that that is a big story.
Speaker 10: Today you, know in the drones they're saying that That North, Korea china And iran are really.
Speaker 3: Helping, him all three of, them, right, yeah push those owns.
Speaker 4: Out so of course that has that feel Of world war but uh but, anyway we'll we'll see where that.
Speaker 3: Goes but that is an update.
Speaker 4: Today three more have been captured from the fugitives A fugu fugitives ricks but it out there would chuck that all escaped from The New orleans uh uh. Jail so ten of them got out and now eight of them have been brought.
Speaker 3: Back two still. Out two. REMAIN i wonder what the two are doing that the other eight did not.
Speaker 4: Do, uh, yeah they had a little better, plan it Doesn't it doesn't look like that the two have much hope the way they're bringing them. In but there's still two out. There so eight of the ten have now been brought, in uh from the original. Escapees so we've captured, everybody it looks like except for and and And tone And tone massy and antine and is An, Antoine antoine T massy and then, uh it looks Like Derek groves still at. Large everybody else has been brought back. In look out For antoine And. Derek they're still out.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 4: Antwine greg is surprising him because he's the one that we thought would have the toughest time hiding Because antoine's got that stuff all over his. Face oh he's the one with all that again today's, world he can blend Tattoo, yeah, yeah. Yeah and they said one time THAT i believe that they you, know you look out and you see him if he's blending in now with these face, tattoos you, know you just NEVER i, mean you're, right maybe. Not they arrested Jelly row and realized who it. Was i'm, sorry you, know we weren't looking at. You, Yes and they got Post malone and put him in.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 4: Yeah well, yeah they said that they missed. Him he was standing between Jelly row And. Post you just kind of blended. In are they still.
Speaker 3: Saying that the inside job there's paper in. Trouble.
Speaker 10: SURE i think there was one arrested and maintenance WORK i. Forget, yeah the story from last week it was, Someone yeah that they they got into the bottom of.
Speaker 5: It they've arrested three, people by the way that are accused of assisting these, escapees including one of The grandma's excuse, me grandmother of Escape New orleans inmate. Arrested they Arrested Connie weed in fifty. Nine she's accused of Helping Jermaine, donald who's still on the run at the time of this. ARTICLE i think he's been captured at this. Point she sent him cash on a on a cell phone. App they don't like it when you when you.
Speaker 3: Do, that they don't like.
Speaker 5: It that's a.
Speaker 4: Felony so there we. Go So antwine And derek still out. There everybody else has been brought back. In and Like adlers said And speedy, said and people who helped, him everybody's in.
Speaker 3: Trouble oh, yeah they'll get to. Him, look you can't you can't help people escaping That.
Speaker 10: They want you to keep them in because you, KNOW i guess if you're looking for, them you start with, relatives people they, know and and BECAUSE i guess you would, think, hey they're going to contact somebody they know for. Help maybe these two remaining have not done.
Speaker 2: That is it?
Speaker 4: True and this was early in the story that they got one back quick because he was posing On facebook with like.
Speaker 3: That's gonna get you, caught. Buddy he went out.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah either that or are they returned to gangs and they're kind of keeping them that's.
Speaker 3: True, yeah who, knows they could.
Speaker 4: Be also some some other things going on as far as world news today as you're getting getting. Started So German germany's chancellor has said that they have ended weapons range limits For ukraine despite The russians continuing to you, know rattle the old nuclear.
Speaker 3: SABER.
Speaker 4: Uh they're saying that they're going to do no limits as far as range with the weapons they are providing For. Ukraine so that that's going to stir up a little. Bit and Then trump IS uh is going to gamble and trying to normalize relations With syria in the face of IRAN. Uh he's calling this a high, risk high reward. Attempt So syria is a. Mess trump has said, that but but now he's kind of. Changing at one time said we should have nothing to do with. It now he's, thinking because of all the issues With IRAN uh and their influence that may be trying to normalize relations With syria might turn out to be something good for the country as far as that ongoing, conflict but again high, risk high.
Speaker 2: Reward.
Speaker 10: Yeah and the one of the bigger stories that's gone viral The.
Speaker 3: French president.
Speaker 10: They him and The French First lady were Visiting vietnam over the, weekend and viral video OF i guess, yes it looks like the first lady hand pushing his face like it was behind the, door and it's like like some type of it looks it looks altercation of some kind double double.
Speaker 5: Pushes him in The, yeah he realized what happened and then he's, like, oh hello.
Speaker 10: World, yeah, yeah it's like it was some type of. Disagreement and now he has played it off to where it's not a big. Deal was in anything domestic of any, kind but it looks like they're in somehow argument and it's the very uncomfortable. Moment he is really tried to go on the offense and downplay.
Speaker 4: It, boy those of you that haven't seen, it you, know it's if you're, married you look at it in a whole different.
Speaker 3: Way.
Speaker 5: Yeah oh, yeah if that's, happening things are very.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah that's never happened in my. Life so that's very bad to look.
Speaker 4: Happy because she's still yeah, yeah, YEAH i don't know who this. Is that a security, person the woman who tries to ease over there and block, too but it's.
Speaker 5: Too, yes the flight. Attendant people are, like, hey you, Awkward.
Speaker 3: Like he said something didn't line and she was trying to push you back. Around it looks just like. That, yeah so it looked like it was a two man. Push it was a Two, yeah there's no about. That shut your, mouth you shut, up you, Smart you're just going out there and uh so there we.
Speaker 4: Go top of the, hour will come, back speedies trip this past weekend will jump into.
Speaker 3: That of, course she was.
Speaker 5: Almost forty and he was fifteen when they.
Speaker 3: Met, wow OH i.
Speaker 4: Forgot if it's, weird that is weird talking to your. Grandmother thanks for bringing that.
Speaker 5: Up i'm very strong and.
Speaker 4: Wiry this is The Rick Burgess show right now in theaters. Everywhere the last rodeo was. There neil, McDonough great. Actor do y'all Love? NEIL i mean he's one of those. Actors if he's in, Something i'm gonna watch. It so he plays an aging rodeo. Star it's about healing broken, bonds facing the, past proving that real courage means fighting for the people that you.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 4: Uh he's coming back from one last ride to help save his. Grandson he's a retired rodeo legend who becomes the oldest writer to ever enter the.
Speaker 3: Arena have you seen it? Yet great?
Speaker 4: Movie it's out, now it's in, Theater so if you haven't seen, it do. It it's it's, raw it's. HEARTFELT i don't. KNOW i Think i've seen the little screening thing they send. US i think it might bring it to here To. Greg you, know he is about the rodeo as long As george tra is not. Playing so so go right now To angel dot com slash, rick angel dot com slash rick to grab your seats for the last rodeo in. Theaters now That's angel dot com slash.
Speaker 14: Rick listen up.
Speaker 2: What we.
Speaker 14: Say we got a fine.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting from the World The Rich Burgess, show.
Speaker 4: Even in real always brand new. Hour thank You america for being with us. Today we aren't covering a lot getting into the stories from the.
Speaker 3: Weekend we've hit some.
Speaker 4: Headlines we've talked About Phil robertson's earthly death over the.
Speaker 3: Weekend, uh so we've we've run through a lot, already.
Speaker 4: Only one hour, in so let's buckle up and continue On. America, alrighty so, speedy you had an active, weekend our old.
Speaker 10: Friend, yeah, y'all y'all got everybody all, all Just i'm talking about stressed out right with you in your, flight.
Speaker 4: Worrying it was. AWFUL i didn't. Like, well when you're talking about commercial. Airlines, NOW i was really feeling much better about it WHEN i realized, that you, Know american had direct flights to where you needed to.
Speaker 11: Go that.
Speaker 3: Help that's.
Speaker 4: Big, yeah that's real big. Yeah and if they could just take, off then you're you're pretty much. OKAY i. WAS i was WHERE i really. STRUGGLED i thought you might make the. GAME i did not did not think you would make the hockey.
Speaker 3: GAME i did not. Hockey is it called a? Match is it a? Game it's a.
Speaker 4: GAME i don't know this from one hockey game by One Jersey. Southern you're an expert the, bulls come on, right cocky.
Speaker 3: RINK i think you kind of mojo the, stars but we won't get into. THAT i did.
Speaker 10: MOJO i don't THINK i. DID i didn't say one thing about them winning the. Game you, said we're gonna fly, on they're gonna. Win BUT i will tell you, THIS i don't know what's wrong with. US i don't know why we always have to get something on, somebody but we.
Speaker 11: Do.
Speaker 3: Uh J c had never flown. Before and so.
Speaker 10: Thank y'all for letting me just slide out the early because that that was that was instrumental in getting us out on. Time because the only flight THAT i could find that would get us there that was non stop Was American airlines and it was Their American eagle smaller, plane which you had everybody worried.
Speaker 3: About and and.
Speaker 10: So we get there and we're kind of pressing a little, bit AND i tell J. C do you know the scanners that you have to like put everything in the bucket and and and it kind of goes. THROUGH i told him that you have to lay down and it sends you through the like so you started climbing up on so you get. It you get in line at THE T S a line and you know those ziggs snake you through the line and your way back And i'm, like live there that they're the big M r machines are right. There he goes, REALLY i said, Yeah and so his whole time he's thinking he's got to lay. Down so they got a. SCAN i, said, yeah they got a. Scan you make sure that nobody's got. Anything great dad moment and then. Fantastic and then as they got, closer he, said, well why is everybody? Why why why are they why are they taking their stuff out and putting it in in the in the little. Buckets, well they're going through no, NO i, said, well they they've flown, before it's just first time or. So and then gets closer he realizes he's Got i've got.
Speaker 3: Him, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: And, UH i think he never really bought, it but he was always suspicious of.
Speaker 3: It. Yeah but we get through t S a no.
Speaker 10: Issues we both have the had the STAR I d or whatever you call it another state mark And alabama it's it's the storm.
Speaker 3: Mark yeah and. Uh and so we get.
Speaker 10: In there and it's a little. Crammed uh For American. Eagle, uh it'll be. Crammed And jesse he's six fourish six three, four he's a big boy and said them knees you, know they, oh, yeah BUT i was able to capture. Uh and it's just the sound of of us just nat sound inside the, plane but that a lot of this was from. Mom, okay she WANTED i, documented and SO i videoed us taking off and his reaction, Language, yeah.
Speaker 11: He's.
Speaker 10: It and ALSO i don't know what's wrong with. ME i, Said, hey a lot of people pass out when they take. Off AND i, SAID i, said so you want to tighten him legs so that you?
Speaker 3: Know of, course did you look over and have squads all? Time love stuff like? That first time flyer jokes.
Speaker 2: Is just a.
Speaker 10: Blast, yeah but it is your. SON i don't know what it is about J. C but remember one of his coaches shout out to Coach Blake. Lewis he had shin splints one, time and he coach told him if he slept in his shoes way he started trying to sleep in his good uh, so but, no he he he enjoyed. Himself so we we uh we take off on. Time you, KNOW i would love to come. HERE i wouldn't love you, know and go and dog the. AIRLINES i gotta tell, You american was on time on this. Flight they were on time going and coming.
Speaker 3: Back what a.
Speaker 10: Blessing and matter of, fact coming back that the pilot, Said i'm not. Bragging i'm just telling you. This we're leaving out a little. Early they've given.
Speaker 3: Us the green. LINE i. Love it never happened to me in a thousand. Years SO.
Speaker 10: I have not really dove into the uber, WORLD i guess just because when traveling we either always driving what haven't really needed, them you.
Speaker 3: Know and and SO.
Speaker 10: I Worried adler a little bit about it BECAUSE i was actually locks in.
Speaker 3: On something and conversation and.
Speaker 10: Uh and so we land AND i was just asking him some things and and we land At Dallas Fort worth and the big discussion, is all, right what do We what do you want to?
Speaker 15: Do?
Speaker 10: Son you want to go back to the hotel even though check in is not till, three it's like one, o'clock or do you wish want to go grab something to eat and uber there and then just make our way to the.
Speaker 3: Hotel and we both. Agreed it was.
Speaker 10: Lunchtime we were, starving and a good friend of, Mine Ron, herring Suggested hard Eight barbecue Had, drake a former friend of the still friend of the. Show but he Played kevin. Anymore, Yeah Kevin, drake you, know he played with The. Cowboys he played for The, cowboys so he Knows. Dallas and what do you? Say he, said you ain't going wrong for heart with HEART A he said you need to go, there AND i mean go there.
Speaker 3: Immediately by the, Way, ADAM i want you to.
Speaker 4: Know And i'm so, sorry, buddy BECAUSE i know you had a lot on. YOU i pretended to know nothing About uber BECAUSE i was afraid that that speedy would lock.
Speaker 10: In it's, like it's a. Conversation it's just called a. Conversation have you ever used? It and that's all it. Is nobody's worrying to. Anybody it's it's friends. Talking it's friends.
Speaker 5: Talking you feel a little bit like your travel, agent but that friends.
Speaker 3: Talking, well If i've done, something y'all have AND i hope you.
Speaker 10: Come to me and, go, hey what was? It, Like, well we'll remember. That so you pull uber all thanks To. Adler, yeah it was so. EASY i, mean you're, right it was so. Easy it was, like where are you blah blah, blah there's your, choice, love here's your. CHOICES i am four minutes, out uh and And, ADLER i even did what you.
Speaker 3: Did when we.
Speaker 10: LANDED i tried to see how long they were and SO i waited until we got, out because you don't want them waiting on you and all that to watch. That so we come on, out we jump. In we even tell the driver where we're, going and he was, bragging y'all gonna love, this don't you love a pleasant? Driver, yes and you walk up and you get all that you. Want, well, yeah you. Can you can get whatever you want.
Speaker 3: TO i can get. Multiple, yeah so you know which one you're going?
Speaker 10: After, Greg, yeah, yeah, boy let me tell you that's quite a.
Speaker 3: Link look at the. Serages what kind of That i'm looking?
Speaker 1: At?
Speaker 3: Potie uh, yeah, YEAH i don't. KNOW i didn't go, There Greg, neck.
Speaker 5: That's funny you mentioned. That at the front of the sign at this place says soup of the day Shiner.
Speaker 3: Buck, Okay entwest Shiner, buck which is a. Beer OH i didn't know. That i'm.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's all Over. Texas shiner is like ago everywhere Shiner you were in the.
Speaker 3: Grade you were in the ninth grade and you Left. Texas you shouldn't know about the beer there.
Speaker 10: Everywhere the Brand, brandy and the hard eight is Is rodeo and and all. That that's eight eight seconds, Anyway so they had all kinds of.
Speaker 3: Stuff so you know WHAT i gotta. DO i can't just.
Speaker 10: ORDERGE i got to add the ask the pit, mask.
Speaker 3: Which would you which one would you? Do? Hold, rightah, well don't tell me. That that's my favorite part of.
Speaker 10: That and he, looked he, looked and he, SAID i would get to beef. Rips and that's AND i, said really he, Said he, said.
Speaker 3: Yeah can you get more than? ONE i mean you have to go what if you want to sersage and a beef you can get what every you can get WHAT i know you're going to get that connect of sausage that about a foot. LONG i know you get. That that's but you can get anything you. Will look behind. You oh, YEAH i, know SO i. Said he, said here's. Brisket he, said also get brisket and smoked. Turkey what are you trying to? Be you trying what kind of what kind of?
Speaker 5: Actually what kind of is he? From what.
Speaker 16: Was he?
Speaker 3: FROM i guess he was From. DALLAS i don't know that's where are.
Speaker 5: You trying to you trying to sound like what?
Speaker 7: Location you?
Speaker 9: From?
Speaker 3: Mexico he was From, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Thank, you BECAUSE i thought Maybe ireland or afghanist could have BEEN i don't.
Speaker 3: Know he, said he, said you get meat here nice, uh and so we got suggested me to be the ribs you want to he was getting ribs.
Speaker 10: Brisket, Yeah and we got a little bit too blocked because then you go inside.
Speaker 3: And then he goes mac and cheese and sods and you gotta go in the. Worst it's the worst attempt at that. ACTION i remember he said you'll get coach laws but. Tato SO i got.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah so you go, in you get your, meat and then you go inside and they just said.
Speaker 3: Meat is what you, eat right bunsports don't has to look we go kile each. OTHER i, go you get your meat.
Speaker 2: Outside this is The Rick Burgess. Show we talked to the public every day and trust, us you should be gravely concerned The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 3: No doubt about.
Speaker 4: That thanks for being with Us america as we work to another. Day so many great things going on with The Rick Burgess. SHOW i, mean we got a, lot got a lot of irons in the. Farm another great. Giveaway have you been To Rick Burgess show dot com yet right there under Contests North alabama got A North alabama road trip for you come to our beautiful state and you know, what come to our beautiful state and go on a deer hunting weekend that you will. Love, yeah it's the Ultimate North alabama hunting road trip To Willow Oak lodge fifteen hundred dollars value With Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist, association and we would love to announce your name that you're going to be coming to our beautiful state and you're going to get to go to one of the most beautiful parts In North. Alabama you're going to be there On Spruce Pine, mountain gorgeous area Of North alabama free range. Hunting Willow oak manages several thousand acres of, land but it is managed, well so there's going to be an opportunity for the buck of a lifetime the. Hunter if you win, it you are. Responsible make sure you got all the license that you need to hunt in the great state Of alabama and follow all the. Rules it's not transferable and you must do it within one calendar. Year so if you want to sign up a couple of ways to do, it go To alabama road trips dot, Org rick burgesshow dot. Com under sponsors or. Contests get that done before registration. Closes so speedy your trip To dallas with your son for his college. Graduation the flights went, Smoothly you've, Ubered you've eaten at this wonderful. Place BUT i can't help but hear a cash register in the. Background, hey, Uh AND i, MEAN i, KNOW i know how you are about. Money, HEY i, Know, okay are you all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Nah well, YEAH i mean it was the, Great it was a. Great you have to let your your cheapness go and just, say this is my.
Speaker 10: Son, yeah cheap couldn't go on this on. Trip cheap people can't take. THIS i had to leave him at, home, Right? Yeah that make you? Uncomfortable you just could you be peaceful about?
Speaker 3: IT i hadn't looked just you, know oh yeah, yeah right Now i'm thinking About i'm thinking About greg right.
Speaker 4: Now we got, flights we got tickets to go see a playoff Game Stanley.
Speaker 3: Cume proud of, them so proud Of. Thember and now we're eating At hard. Eight. Yeah and, Now, UBER i mean it's The.
Speaker 10: Uber it's the way to, go no, doubt because rental car with big hassle and going and that.
Speaker 3: And going IN i told you. This this is an in and out.
Speaker 10: Trip this is NOT i wish we could stay all weekend and Enjoy dallas and go see this, that and this is in and. Out we're on a, mission we're, landing we're going to a, game we're coming home the next. Day that that's just the way it. Is and so he knew that going is the way it.
Speaker 3: IS i.
Speaker 10: WAS i was very surprised with how nice all The uber drivers. Were i'd heard stories about if you don't get the wrong guy what everybody seemed extremely.
Speaker 4: Kind chris told you about. That that's everybody trying to be. Sharp, yeah it's like this one guy wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Let in his, vehicle that's.
Speaker 11: All.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's like social. Media they only show you certain.
Speaker 4: Things so when it comes to anything you're, doing no one tells you all the great experiences to.
Speaker 3: Have they got to tell you that bad. One they talking about that sereal, hill, right that's. Right.
Speaker 4: Uber, yeah you get you get thrown in an alley one, time and you take all your.
Speaker 3: Money now nobody wants to ride With, Uber all, right go.
Speaker 10: Ahead so now we've eaten way too much and we even get in the stomach. Rush we even get in the car and we're, like, oh, boy probably shouldn't eat that much because we got a long. Day, yeah and we have Good i'm not. Bragging this is just the way it. Was we time down the, hotel check in. Perfectly as we enter, downtown we start small talking and is we were the whole the whole way a lot longer the Boy dallas, traffic good night.
Speaker 3: Alive.
Speaker 10: Uh we were doing the best we could and it took thirty five minutes to get to get to our.
Speaker 3: Hotel but we're about.
Speaker 10: Twenty minutes prior to check, in And i'd talk TO jc about you, know you want to try to squeeze anything else in or is this.
Speaker 3: All about the game or.
Speaker 10: Whatever but as we as we're going to the, HOTEL i look over And i'm, like that's There's Daley plaza right. There there we go here he goes he's on and the driver, said, yes multiple, shooters it's only a half moth and Uh AND i, say, okay, well well so do you want let's just get checked in and then kind of have an hour to to kind of take a deep breath and you, know drop our bags and all this kind of. Stuff and then we'll kind of play it. Out so we looked at each other and we're, like, well you, know if we're just going to uber, around why not walk down To Daley plaza and experience that and just uber to the game from.
Speaker 3: There, yeah and so we We so we got.
Speaker 10: It now here's the here's the issue, though if you're going to a hockey, game and that they not being not being to a hockey game at THE nhl, level but going to The Birmingham bulls or The Huntsvill havoc or stuff like, that you, know it is cooler in, there and so you have to bring clothes or layer if you get, cold because if you're close to the, ice it'll get, it you, know fifty eight to sixty.
Speaker 3: Degrees the entire.
Speaker 10: Game and SO i had to kind Of i'm, like, Well i'm gonna grab a light.
Speaker 3: Hoodie brought it with you or bought. One, no, GRABBED i, GRABBED i grabbed, IT i packed.
Speaker 10: It so you, know you get a little you get a little warm on the. Wall but we get to Deal plaza and and and J c got to experience. That there was he, stood he, Stood he stood on the FIRST x and, uh the window For Lee Harvey oswalt is right.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 10: Uh and so the trees uh and even a couple of years ago WHEN i, went the trees had grown up a little, bit but they keep on getting a little bit. Higher so it's tough to see the. Angle but that there's two xes in the. Road that's the first. X and so we're, there and then we're hanging out and then we uber to the. Game and we get to the, game and, uh we go to the THE i think it's is that the?
Speaker 4: Hangar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah here we.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 10: YEAH i THINK i Think Third down is a VIDEO i. Took it's kind of a three sixty of us Staying how DID j see like this? Part he liked it because he was, like oh my, goodness, dad you. Know AND i kind of talked to him about. It we were focused more on the, Game, no because we didn't. Stay we didn't stay there. Long we didn't only stay there probably fifteen Which, no it's JUST i, mean it's just you're, there you see. It it's not you can't go. Inside it's just you're, there so then you, leave you. Know it was, LOOK i WOULD i would have hated to be that close and and and him never have got to experience.
Speaker 5: That it's not one you stay for a long.
Speaker 3: TIME i bet If adam had been, there had been longer than fifteen, minutes.
Speaker 5: We would be staying on the grassy. Knoll i'd have you stay on THE. X i'd see easy and.
Speaker 4: Then you then you're gonna get a Monolog, yeah, yeah, yeah that's. TRUE i know about bou the conspiracy of it.
Speaker 5: On, right military industrial.
Speaker 3: Conflicts that phrase when that phrase comes, out.
Speaker 5: Well, intelligence intelligence.
Speaker 10: Community this latest was a congressman or senator that came out of that, hearing is, like, hey the doctor said there was multiple, yes bloons from different angles and.
Speaker 3: Stuff it just makes a.
Speaker 10: Thing but, ANYWAY i took video of us standing there and then then now it's all about.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the.
Speaker 10: Game and we knew when the he knew when the, dawn he knew when the doors were opening and, everything and so full.
Speaker 3: Experience oh, yeah you kidding. Me but the experience is SOMETHING i have not experienced at a at a sporting.
Speaker 2: Event we'll be right. Back this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: SHOW i keep, WARNING i keep. WARNING i know things are going. Well have you seen the stock market? Today who looks. GOOD i know we're. WINNING i got, It but there's still a lot out. There and if you think The left is just gonna give up of trying to turn this country into what they, want they're not going to give.
Speaker 3: Up and what do you? Need you got to have.
Speaker 4: Information BLAZE tv is worth every single. Penny we're talking about eight dollars a month for you to have have, access own demand to true investigative, journalism own demand documentaries that put a little light in the darkness of the deep. State you have true, journalism you got the real, Information you've got people looking out making sure the government doesn't, overstep and you can get it on your, time to any. Device at eight dollars a, Month BLAZE tv now more valuable than. Ever, yes there's Some rickwords show stuff. There yes we've got a new podcast, There Strange. Encounters it's all there right. Now we're well get your twenty bucks off the annual plan For BLAZE tv if you go to BlazeTV dot, com slash rick BlazeTV dot com slash Rick BLAZE, Tv, Unfiltered unafraid and on.
Speaker 2: Demand in order to truly benefit from this, show you must have a sense of, humor so lighten, Up fraxis and enjoy the. Rip whech you.
Speaker 3: Show, yeah just lay back and.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it's trip To, Dallas texas with his son celebrating the. Graduation his son has become a big hockey, fan The Dallas, stars his. Team speedy of course is he, says he left Cheap speedy at. Home, uh you have to if you're gonna make this trip. Happen and See i'm known for the first. Time, yeah and don't even look speedy because we haven't even got to the to the. Game, now now you're at the. Game and let me tell. You all of us know. This if you've gone to a college or a professional supporting, event they are they they're just waiting to grab every single dime from you they possibly can Every they're playing on your emotions and your devotion to your, teams and they're ready to hit you as hard as they possibly can.
Speaker 3: Financially and it is. Ugly so it is super super, ugly just absolute. Ugliness, yep you call them moment you, can't you just.
Speaker 4: Can't you can't worry about, that As dad would.
Speaker 3: Say, no, yeah so so you've you've oh my, Gosh, okay he just looked at. It, Oh Michael, speedy it's pretty. Bad include.
Speaker 5: Flights what you're looking at no.
Speaker 3: Good so add that to.
Speaker 4: IT i got SO i got flights including in. That now that's just, TICKETS i say about, fls just. Tickets it was a little bit there before. That but so we're looking probably at About BUT i, KNOW i, know without you telling me, anything you step inside that, arena it's ugly and there for cheap, people it is.
Speaker 10: Ugly AND i don't Think i'm. CHEAP i just don't THINK i. Do i'm wasteful spending.
Speaker 3: Like you, know get'll paint your face or anything.
Speaker 10: Like, no, no, NO i think he for some, REASON i don't know, why but him and a couple of his teammates adopted The Dallas stars as their their hockey. Team we don't know. WHY i don't know why. WHY i do kind of.
Speaker 3: Thankful they didn't grab Some canadian.
Speaker 2: Team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Uh and so here we, so here we, go and this is that's that's it was the last spur of the moment type of trip which sometimes are the. Best and so we're in and out and and so we make it to the game and we're a little. Early he wanted to go buy The, hangar which is their pro, shop and start looking at jersey and J, yeah and and you know WHAT i realized until and not till that point is different sports adopt different things as far as merchandise and stuff like. That you, know you go to a baseball, game you're gonna buy a hat and A t shirt every nine and then you might see a jersey here or, there but it's not. Everybody you go to a football, game it's very similar a, hat A t, shirt something like, that maybe a jersey or.
Speaker 3: Two, uh and and that's.
Speaker 10: It but in, hockey it's, jersey, jersey jersey you, get you put a jersey, on, jersey it is. Jersey and if you are traveling in Like Edmonton oilers, were they all have jerseys on and there's no doubting who's for who Is so if you got to have a jersey, on so, uh going, in he knew that he wants Ranting in is one of the guys that plays for The Dallas. Stars he wanted that jersey and you can't find. Them they stay sold out every time they have.
Speaker 3: One there's, yeah but, yeah he's he's one of the main.
Speaker 10: Ones and so we go outside and sure enough they're sold. Out they got a slew of other, jerseys and but he went over. Smart he went over and and befriended one of the, employees just small talking and and they, said, hey there's a. Couple there's six other pro shops inside the. Arena there's one that has, them BECAUSE i know we just made. Some so he, said when you go in, network he, said when you go, in you don't look left or, right you go straight. There they're going to be. Gone so so we get in, line.
Speaker 3: And you're the, dad you have to come through and get. This so we get his back when he was, little and you're, like he's got to meet the red bol was like he became a little kid.
Speaker 10: Again and so we get in line little early, uh and we get in line with all the other fanatics and and they all start they're chanting and, stuff and they're serious about, it and they'll call each other. Out Like Edmonton older's people were there there like in each other's, face like dogging each other and talking over.
Speaker 3: Again, yeah but that means just that's the fun of. It, yeah if you don't hate your, opponent why be, there, Right so we get in and and and the plan was is that he goes to one shop and he GOES i, said there's no reason for both of us to go to say, One i'm going to the other, one and that they would we had told had.
Speaker 10: Them so we split, up and sure, enough he finds one And i'm, like, okay all all this could we found a. Jersey so it hurt a little. Bit they have three tiers of.
Speaker 3: Jerseys three.
Speaker 5: Tiers they have the price.
Speaker 10: Tiers oh, yes so like they have the let's just call the hives And i'm just kind of gonna the price is a little. Bit let's just say the one fifty. Version there is no other verse one.
Speaker 3: Fifty that's the. Cheapest that's achieve that's entry. Level that's chief.
Speaker 10: Jersey, yeah we're pressing on the number, there and we're pressing on.
Speaker 5: Name you're paying one hundred and fifty bucks for an iron on.
Speaker 10: Team, sure, correct but it doesn't LOOK i mean they're well. Made the next version is about let's say two seventy, five and they're sown. On, okay and then you've got the close to five hundred, version and that is. Close we make these for the players like these are like legit.
Speaker 3: What they wear on.
Speaker 10: That, Yeah now the others are good and and so the only version they had in there was the middle. One and so you are so, Glad, yes so you find the player he, Wanted, yes and so that he found the rating In jersey and so good you.
Speaker 3: Didn't you didn't go entry. Level if they.
Speaker 10: Would have had, THAT i would. HAVE i would HAVE i would have looked for. It but, really because this is a gift to. Him it, was, hey what are you what are you looking.
Speaker 5: For once in a lifetime? Trip?
Speaker 3: Yeah and he was in, college pretty big. Deal, yeah that's, what? Right not only, That, hey graduating finance already have a. Job come, on so we're, celebrated, right that's? Right? Sure?
Speaker 10: Uh and so we find that and then we Make i'm gonna tell you when we got in, THERE i had NOT i THOUGHT i knew what it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Like AND i want to.
Speaker 10: Make Sure i'm not over exaggerating, here BECAUSE i know how y'all are, sure, GUYS i had not experienced anything like. It and now UNDERSTAND i stateium guy not to say what a statement in the UF. L i, MEAN i, Know i'm Not i'm not. Bragging that's Just i've been around some big sporting. EVENTS i know u F l now that that's hard to.
Speaker 3: Beat, yeah BUT i mean that's that's a blast on the college.
Speaker 4: Level but your years with The, titans you're, saying this is more electricity than The titans.
Speaker 10: Have it's when it comes to the Super, bowl when it comes to. SPORTS i had not experienced this type of.
Speaker 3: ENERGY i. Hadn't, WOW i. Hadn't and this is this IS i, mean and this is how they bring them. OUT i, mean this is.
Speaker 10: INSANE i mean it's, YES jc just.
Speaker 3: Stow, yeah he's so. Excited and that's that's all you have to keep telling.
Speaker 5: Yourself you're a thousand dollars, yeah, yeah and they're ten thousand dollars worth Of remember he, is.
Speaker 10: He, is he, is and and this is just lasers. Going they even had they had, warnings, oh crank this up right, Here rick.
Speaker 17: COMING i mean, KNOWING i mean so that they.
Speaker 3: STARTED i, mean they're going, nuts he would stars and here, come here come the.
Speaker 10: PLAYERS i, mean everybody's going.
Speaker 3: NUTS i mean it, is it is.
Speaker 10: Crazy and he's he told, me he, said do you Know dad that the front line for The Dallas, stars everybody is From, finland the entire front, line The, fins The, fins but they come, out of, course they get shut out and that.
Speaker 3: Hurt never never that. Happen they never.
Speaker 6: Never didn't get to cheer on a score you talking about, it didn't have.
Speaker 3: Said came up there and spanked that rear end three.
Speaker 5: Zo, NO i cannot know that till this moment right.
Speaker 10: Now speed you cannot have one thing.
Speaker 3: You thought you could have. Something stars are gonna. Wina so there's three periods in.
Speaker 10: Hockey for those of you who don't, know twenty minute breaks between each.
Speaker 3: Period, yeah so they go in period. Zamboni you don't understand the, zamboni.
Speaker 10: The cardio and the cress on the bodies until you're there and you see what's going on when you understand the twenty minute.
Speaker 3: Breaks. Uh and so during the, breaks everybody goes out.
Speaker 10: And you, know if they're, drinking they get a, beer or they going to get more, merchandise and or they just hang out and walk. Around they sit in the seats and there's, entertainment AND i know you see different things going.
Speaker 4: On y'all were so full From hard. Eight you didn't you didn't concession at.
Speaker 3: All, well we.
Speaker 10: Did we we, went we went concession and we just there was, longlines but they had a little section that was personal pan PIZZAS i, knew and so we went there and knowing it was about nineteen dollars a, PEACE.
Speaker 3: I THINK i.
Speaker 10: GOT i got two bottled waters and two pizzas AND i think it was forty nine.
Speaker 3: Dollars but Cheap speedy was In. Birmingham be, dead, yeah would be. Yes he was waiting on you.
Speaker 10: Though so we come out a little dejected because we just got shut out three nothing that pizza and everybody if everybody's mad and and all, that and but we're, hunger but we're hungry and It's lena on. Eleven i'm about to see sticks. Now i've gotten up at two two three am the next mirror. Prior BUT i, Mean i'm still. GOING I am not going to the hotel because of. Me because you're a hard. ROLLER i don't we need we need to all take on the. Mentality you got to be a hard, roller Right and if this is a gift that the couple and got back at, it this is a gift for my. Son i'm not going to cut the night short Because i'm. Toird, no let's.
Speaker 3: Go what do you want to do? Next he, goes, Man i'm? Starving did you passed? Out can be? Hungry?
Speaker 10: Well this is long, game the guy the game started at, seven it's almost, eleven, Okay and so he, goes how you feel about? Dead there's a Authentic ramen restaurant around the. Corner what do you feel about?
Speaker 11: THAT i?
Speaker 3: GOT i got to be, HONEST i don't really. Care I'm i'm. Hungry let's just.
Speaker 10: Go so we go to an Authentic ramen RESTAURANT i don't know is and and uh do you think you think he had to order for?
Speaker 3: Me what? Speed he went into a in place you didn't know the first?
Speaker 4: Thing it, Was, now J, c what are you? GETTING i, KNOW i don't know IF i want? That, yeah what are you gonna? Get we don't get.
Speaker 10: That now J c is in his. Element SO i, SAID i tell you. What i'm gonna go to the restroom. ORDER i don't care. What just order for.
Speaker 3: Me he goes.
Speaker 10: DOWN i think you just need to go some. Chicken because he Knew greg Like joe simple and and and he, Said i'm just gonna make it simple for. You and this is him explaining it to me here He i'm, Like, okay what what DO i?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 3: Uh what DO i?
Speaker 1: Do what is?
Speaker 13: This?
Speaker 5: Sun it's Real.
Speaker 10: Robin, now unfortunately we've just been shut out three, nothing so this was the.
Speaker 3: Only win in the.
Speaker 5: Night, yeah, right that looks.
Speaker 3: GOOD yea worrying about forn it dos and but but you KNOW i didn't give that ro.
Speaker 18: Away but you know What I'M i thinking about.
Speaker 3: That, no she's not even a matter of, fact she's already going to.
Speaker 10: Bed so, now now we finally got back to the hotel for a quick nap AND i mean a quick, now and we're up and the next, morning and you got me worried to death about getting back to The stallions. Game we have a seven am, flight but will it be on? Time i'm checking WHETHER i got to get back to go to.
Speaker 3: Work here you.
Speaker 2: Do this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 19: Show god fearing And america loving The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show thank you for being with us, Today. America we've already covered a lot. Today you missing at the. Show catching on the daily archives either the audio archives on our podcast, channel our video and audio archives on our YouTube. Channel also a best OF ira And BLAZE, tv and another best of audio hour available as well on The Rick Burgess show podcast. Channel So, speedy did you get back Into? Idea the final phase of this, Recap speedy attempts to go to take his son as a gift for graduating from college and already having a job in, finance which was his major in his. Degree they go to see The Dallas stars fly Over. Friday got to get back.
Speaker 10: By what time was the kickoff for THE Ufl it was at two Pm? Central two Pm central.
Speaker 4: Times, yes Because speedy is the hot man for The stallions of THE ufa three time.
Speaker 3: Champion and so did You you got? Up and what?
Speaker 10: Happened we got up and again it was it was probably four, hours maybe four and a. Half AND i told IN, JC i mean he's twenty three years. OLD i, mean it's not like he's had an experienced. Life and he so he knew it was gonna Be he's gonna be hurting a little, bit, SURE i, said but this is this is this is the time of the trip where it's not fun and that all the fund's over, all the fun is.
Speaker 3: Over And edmonton took a little bit of our fun right and they made us.
Speaker 10: Lie they and so did all the other fans that came uh from. That they really made you like, it, uh and they'll.
Speaker 3: Get in your. Face fans are not afraid to let you know how they. Feel.
Speaker 4: Now any any sport that includes, fighting, yeah there's gonna have rowdy.
Speaker 10: Fans, Yeah and we had a couple of those in the. Game nothing nothing like, major but there was there was a couple of dust. Ups but so it was, like, hey we got to get up and get there or everything else is thrown. Off can't we can't have drama on the, trip you?
Speaker 5: Know did they at least win a? Fight? Like was there a fight that they wont?
Speaker 3: On any good? Fight? No there was.
Speaker 10: Not there was a couple of like and this is my video, here there was a couple of TIMES i saw it brewing and And i'm, like, OKAY i want to roll this for the show so we can capture a, fight and and it just never. Escalated there was a. Fight there was some of, course some penalties and some power plays and some four on fours and stuff like, that but it was nothing MADE i could AND i ALREADY i KNEW i knew going in THAT i there might be a few. THINGS i sing Sometimes i'm a little confused on that. Offside BUT i got the off. SIDES i got the blue line and all. That but but so we wake up and we walked downstairs BECAUSE i knew The uber guy said it was only five minutes, away SO i, waited, uh and here he pulls. Up and WHEN i got, IN i knew he meant business AND i think it may be working that time of. Day he knew we're going to the. Airport i'm getting you, there. Gotcha so there was no telling him to hurry. Up, YEAH i mean we're, like here we. Go he knows the deal With, HELL i gotta get catch my. Flight, yeah The uber CARS i Had, Ben, huh you didn't PRESS i didn't press the kind OF i mean it was a it was A it was a five thirty pickup to get there by six flights at, seven and so we were WHAT i was probably pressing a little.
Speaker 3: MUCH i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i hadn't been Through dallas for it worth in a long. TIME i don't know the airport. Situation here's WHAT i.
Speaker 3: DID i don't.
Speaker 10: KNOW i woke up at four forty five AND i CHECKED i checked maps to see how long is it taken and it said twenty five minutes to get to the.
Speaker 3: Airport there was no major, problems.
Speaker 10: And so jac slept about five ten and then and THEN i, knew you, know The uber driver was about seven minutes. Away so at five point TWENTY i ordered the. Driver he pulls up at five twenty. Eight we get in the car and here we, go and we pull up at six o'clock right on the. Gate but the Other uber Cars i'd been in either the music was down or something just, pleasant really. Low this one Had Joe rogan on AND i think It's Amanda, knox who was the girl that framed for the, murder and he was going to make sure you heard, it and he heard it and everybody heard.
Speaker 3: It Here i'm well versed on that whole, thing.
Speaker 10: How she was, framed and how she started a relationship with the prosecutor who ruined her, life.
Speaker 5: The interrogation, process the whole.
Speaker 10: Thing so we get out up to date on a man Of knox Through Joe, rogan but we go THROUGH, tsa no, issues get, Checked you get checked through the gate and we sit down and we don't sit there. More in twenty minutes they start, boarding and, UH i guess maybe around six point fifty or. So the pilot even comes on and says the captain, says, Hey i'm not, bragging but they've given us clearance to go ahead and start moving.
Speaker 3: Out SO i love we starts tacking. HEAD i love.
Speaker 10: It and So i'm, thinking just, please no, incident no, incident no. Incident let's, please let's let, okay we're.
Speaker 3: Up we're. Up we're in the, air, okay.
Speaker 10: And it's a direct, flight so you're good, now, Right And i'm thinking to, myself don't nobody act like a? Fool up and to where we got to divert and turn around to somebody's taking a clothes off or. Something sure and uh and sure enough we. Land uh And terry was at the mobile parking or she pulled up and so SHE i texted her when we got.
Speaker 3: Out she pulled.
Speaker 10: Up we jumped in the. CAR i left the truck here at the. Studio remember back On. Friday came by the, Studio, uh grabbed the, tread went, home had about an hour and a half to chill and Then i'm back out AND i was AT i was At protective walking in get ready to get you up and uh ready, Ready, yeah and. Uh it wasn't until then THAT i talked To taylor and uh And davis And ethan And ellie and others a part of game. Day they, said, okay we're gonna come. Clean we were nervous we had followed what you had AND i was wondering. Why taylor texted me On friday and, said, hey, man you good for? Tomorrow she never does.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: SURE i, said, well, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 5: Good Why i'm, fine you?
Speaker 3: Know and?
Speaker 10: Uh and SO i show up and we're ready to, go and you made. It We birmingham And stallions And birmingham And stallions and obvious and. Uh and it gets down to holding The Michigan anthers out for, LIKE i think four plays inside the, ten and The stallions held. Them and so they won regular SEASON Usfl conference and now they have a playoff game On.
Speaker 3: June eighth at two.
Speaker 10: Pm bell Host michigan again for The so who represents THE usfl and THE ufl championship.
Speaker 3: GAME i bet you're thankful for. That we, Are we're very.
Speaker 2: Thankful this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 14: Show you better listen, up.
Speaker 1: You, know say.
Speaker 2: You got a. Five The voice Of reason in An Unreasonable. World The Rick Burgess, Show thank you.
Speaker 3: For being with us, Today.
Speaker 4: America we have a lot to do still going, forward including the box. Seats they will find their way in. Today Another Burgess ball battle coming up next, hour and of course we continue to break down the story from the.
Speaker 3: Weekend if you missed the.
Speaker 4: First two, hours you missed a lot catching on The Daily, archives so you never miss a minute of The Rick Burgess. SHOW i can't Imagine speedy just recaped his trip To texas and. Back it did go, smoothly BUT i can't imagine how quickly you fell asleep after THE ufl game On.
Speaker 3: Saturday did you go to sleep really? Quickly did you pass? Out, well you know.
Speaker 10: THE i really left the game and kind of still on a high a little bit because the game was so intense all the way down to the last play of the. Game literally The stallions Held michigan out The. Panthers they was an incomplete pass and they won the. GAME i mean it was down to the last.
Speaker 3: Second.
Speaker 10: Nice and SO i got home AND i hadn't Seen terry in a, while and SO i did WE i think we watched a movie or.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING i can't, remember but no, way And, GREG i looked at That earnhart. DOCUMENTARY i did, Too. GREG i saw it. ONE i watched both episodes.
Speaker 10: Before i'm, LIKE i don't know IF i can get into that, now AND i haven't gone, back but Today i'm gonna try to watch episode. One is it as good as everybody's?
Speaker 3: Tasting to? Me it?
Speaker 4: Is And i've just seen episode, One, GREG i was Telling speeder of minds when we were growing up that era when IT i remember all that.
Speaker 5: Before we get into, that CAN i Have CAN i tell you guys this funny story About speedy's. Trip So saturday, Night saturday, NIGHT i get out my. PHONE i hadn't really been on social, media And i'm catching up on things AND i look At speedy's story AND i see twenty four hours. Ago so this Is saturday. Night i'm looking at. This it's around ten, o'clock nine forty five On saturday, night twenty four hours. Ago speedy is walking out of the game with the. Score he's got a cool shot of him walking. OUT i don't have the, photo, gotcha got? YOU i JUST i took screenshots because of the timeline of this was so. Amazing right twenty three hours ago On saturday night. Speed he's eating ramen with his. Son, yeah, okay and then then you get time for a quick. Nap you guys are walking into the hotel twenty two hours, ago this was On saturday, night fifteen hours. Ago you're walking onto the. Plane. Uh and then eight hours ago On saturday, night you're, saying giddy up in The stallion in The stallions at The stallion's, game standing in front of the horse that they have.
Speaker 3: There oh, yeah you had a big you had a big. Weekend, yeah, yeah it. Was it Was.
Speaker 10: Wow it was a lot of. Fun And i'm glad that we were able to experience that.
Speaker 3: Together. Uh and, uh.
Speaker 5: What a fun. Trick he's.
Speaker 10: Fantastic he's a lot of all my boys are. Fun, yeah he. Is he gets into the just experiencing things like. That you, Know, tyler not a big, traveler didn't care less about, it, REALLY jc Is. REESE i mean he's, like, yeah, Whatever he's just kind of but J. C if he if he's following something he wants to go, experience was. Perfectly if there was a couple of first you, know he had never, flown so you got to add that to, it and it Was it's kind of.
Speaker 4: Weird there was another first, too he's he's never seen your. Wallet was, true he saw it that a, lot he saw it a.
Speaker 10: Lot matter of, FACT i know wallet's, TIRED i, SAID i, said, Son i'm just going to give it to.
Speaker 3: You he just here's.
Speaker 10: Here's here's my wallet so. Tired my wallet had to take a.
Speaker 3: Nap, yes you just take a nap right, here you. Know but it, was it.
Speaker 10: Was it was a lot of. Fun but we got, back.
Speaker 3: OR i got.
Speaker 10: Back AND i want to say WHEN i opened my truck, door it was nine a. M saturday, morning twenty four hours, earlier at nine, AM i was leaving with my, wife who has shipped us up AND. Jc so within twenty four hours we were leaving and we're back where we.
Speaker 5: Started and it was a weird. FEELING i bet it is a strange.
Speaker 10: Hard, yeah, yeah Hard roller got to meet really some Cool let me give a shout out To General jeff Fig Newton and during The stallions Game New, TIME i had the honor of introducing some veterans Of Foreign wars and uh he was one of, them and he, Said, MAN i am a huge fan of the. SHOW i have to commute and loving The New show and got to hang out with. Him you talking about some. Nerves i'm, like, LOOK i don't want to get anything.
Speaker 3: Wrong.
Speaker 10: Here you had, marine you had. Army, YOU i mean you had it. All AND i MEAN i wasn't even worthy to stand there with.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 10: Somebody some of them had been thirty something years of, combat you, know or, SERVICE i should, say some of them had been like To fallujah and and and every and then multiple tours In. Iraq And i'm, like, man HERE i am a good and standing here we. GO i don't deserve. It but he was one of the ONES i was able to. Meet so big shout out To Jennifer General Fig. Newton so you're too.
Speaker 3: Young to remember The Big Fig newton, campaign, Right, no, no, no you do you remember that Character Big? Fig Big? Fig no no, No they actually had a Character Big fig, here and he would talk about.
Speaker 4: He was dressed to see his, face he was a, fig and then at the end he would Do Big Fig. Newton now for the tricky, Part Big fig New time.
Speaker 3: Cooking Big. Fig and, yeah so you're you're probably. Dancing there is.
Speaker 4: The inside.
Speaker 3: A Big, get the freaking.
Speaker 5: Time the BIG.
Speaker 3: I love, Those so you don't remember you never Met Big. Fig we used to pull our shirt overhead like it was. That Uh greg So.
Speaker 10: Earnhardt yeah, yeah so back to. That SO i get Back saturday. Night we're trying to figure out what to. Do and that was one of the. Discussions do we get into this.
Speaker 3: List is still giving it zero to watch it on my? Own that was kind of thing.
Speaker 4: TOO i Got sherry involved a little bit until you, know they're not the best, father, no and, that and that's a great race card driver and that not known THAT i had to. Hear there was a lot of discussion about, that but the uh but no great driver and seemed to kind of correct some of it. Later but you Saw i've seen, Too i've. Seen i'm up to date two. Episodes i'm only one. In you hadn't seen the sick.
Speaker 3: ONE i hadn't seen. It two Words Terry, Lebonnie oh, yeah mmmmm that when he sent him flying mm. Hm, Anyway so.
Speaker 10: CAN i ask you a question if somebody hadn't are we starting With earnhart's childhood and?
Speaker 3: Him uh where we started.
Speaker 4: Big his, dad big. Influence all everyone to do was. Race you get a little bit of that.
Speaker 5: And this is this is the prime, one, Right, yeah and SO i remember.
Speaker 4: That Derrel waldrip was dominant then you, know he's a big part of he was now completely. Different But i'm talking about in the early. Days but because what was funny is that Earn hart would clearly wreck people and claim he.
Speaker 3: Did that was my favorite.
Speaker 4: Part and and and So Derrel waldrup hated that the way he was approaching, things you don't dis wreck people to, win and that that Bothered Darryl waldrip big. Time you, Remember walter made the statement that the most, drivers he, goes we'll race a little and then we'll ride a, little we'll race.
Speaker 3: Little well he, goes he races the entire right from the, beginning beginning to the.
Speaker 10: End but Did Dearrel waldrip and him ever of, course, yeah, yeah they got that because you, Know Darryl waldrip was on the call when when Ern hart of course was, killed and And darryl's Brother michael had just.
Speaker 3: Won, yeah they were.
Speaker 10: Fine and but What i'm saying is you could, tell And greg AND i were talking about this, earlier just me remembering the, broadcast he was so torn because his brother had just, won but he was so concerned About earnhart because he saw the.
Speaker 3: Wreck he knew it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Good we haven't gotten to that point. Yet But Darrel walter is, narrating not, narrating but being interviewed over a tremendous amount of. It and he he's already passed all that now when he's being. Interviewed so he's acknowledging That earnhardt was likely the greatest ever. Race but he also was talking about there was a process of him coming into the INTO, nascar that he did some things early on that he stopped doing to some.
Speaker 3: Degree, yeah and they started racing a little. CLEAN i Heard walter up on the Del junior, download and of course you. Did and his wife And ernhart were very close and she would witness to him and stuff like that and.
Speaker 4: Said he loved. It he, said he said he'd get mad at. Me he said he loved my. Wife, Yeah and so So i'm up to date on. It and it's a terrible by.
Speaker 3: Anything stuff you're talking about when he racked Him, no just, wait, OKAY i ain't saying. That so you're you're you're one when rattled his. Cage do you remember?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 3: No, No, No i'm telling it something. BAD i don't. Know you tell that footage of him standing out there day told me, going, well, Hey i'm not home For Valentine's, day But i'll be, home you, know see you. Later oh, wow no. Whatever so you're one episode, In greg and rig you're two two. In, okay so it's pretty. Good What i've seen is.
Speaker 4: Good oh, yeah and there right, Though greg AND i it's great memories because we were taken TO nascar.
Speaker 3: Races it's how big good during?
Speaker 10: That yeah, right oh, YEAH i read those, cars whether it Was bonnet or is It, Terry Terry, Lebonni Terry.
Speaker 3: Levanni, okay, yeah so we'll come.
Speaker 2: Back this is The Rick burgess.
Speaker 20: Show they are the uncles your parents warned you.
Speaker 1: About.
Speaker 3: Rick thank, you we're, back all, right Text.
Speaker 4: NATION i was trying not to do the thing y'all told me to stop doing and Tell greg About Neil.
Speaker 3: Bonnet earnhardt would Crashed terry Le.
Speaker 4: Bonnie we talked about, that and everybody, Saying, rick you you've you've Killed Terry. LEBONNIE i was, All, rick there you. GOES i didn't want to get in The Nil bonnet. THING i was trying not to tell. You episode two good Graces Neil. BONNET i tried not. To now everybody's like you stopped, watching didn't telling About, Neil you stopped talking About Terry.
Speaker 3: Lebonnie stop watching this.
Speaker 10: So we won't find out about? It are we watching the GOOD i enjoyed. It, Yeah I'm i'm gonna try. To i'm gonna try this IF i can get episode one.
Speaker 4: IN i combine The Terry lebonni And Neil bonnet. Story BUT i was trying so hard not to talk too much about, it like you always tell me to do. IT i should have went on with.
Speaker 10: It, well but we always race to try to watch something before you, finish because if, not we're going to know about.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: Yeah why shouldn't have to hold back on things that are historically true that you BUT i didn't about pay didn't all the?
Speaker 5: Background so Does Ron howard do any? Narration because how he'll narrate?
Speaker 3: Something was he narrating any of?
Speaker 5: That he's involved with.
Speaker 3: It he's one of the, producers not THAT i could.
Speaker 10: Tell but then and this Is Amazon prime but maybe, yes this is the streaming service that has.
Speaker 3: This there's been some emailers wanted to.
Speaker 4: Know early on when when Earn hart kept Wrecking Jeff, bodine and it was funny because that kind of Got shure his attention because that's one of her brother's. Names and and And i'm, likes, sure you wouldn't believe on the people That earnhart keeps wreaking his name Is Jeff. Bodine and she started. Laughing But Jeff bodine was so. Frustrated he was, like he keeps wrecking, Me.
Speaker 3: Yeah and he.
Speaker 4: Would and one time they gave him a five lap. Penalty he Wrecked Jeff bodine so. Bad But Jeff beldine was, LIKE i thought he just wouldn't keep doing. It he just keeps doing, it and he was so. Frustrating so so, anyway SO i won't say what about it for?
Speaker 3: Everybody good? Night, hm there is let him get out ahead of you on. One, no you can't do. It you can't do. It do you remember That Neil bonnet crash though that gave him the big head? ENTRY i remember?
Speaker 10: That, yeah you, know And greg was talking about this prior to the show. Starting you, know IF nascar would have, known, obviously they would have gotten ahead of, it like now with the safety measures that are in a in fact, now and That earnhart wouldn't have been.
Speaker 3: Killed the same thing With Adam. Petty and Remember Kenny irwin had the same type injury That No junior was in the military. School oh, YEAH i, Remember i've heard that. Before you you can't help. It then.
Speaker 4: Couple of emails and we'll probably have a couple of these.
Speaker 3: Today THE burbi.
Speaker 4: Burge this one comes From Wesley hey bird ch a? Burge where are you and baby? Brother they're on the Artist Jerry. Rafferty. UH i thought he had a couple of good, SONGS a couple of good. Songs THEY i hear him too. MUCH i Mean i've heard him a. Lot Baker, Street what was the other? One Baker?
Speaker 3: Street and stuck in The middle with?
Speaker 4: You that was From Steelers will where he was the singer there down the.
Speaker 3: Line, yes that's him moving.
Speaker 4: Right and then there's another one that's. Good, uh it's not quite as known as, that so but there you. Go you, Know I'm i'm About I'm i'm okay With Jerry. RAFFERTY i, MEAN i don't turn it, off do? You but LIKE i, say good trivia lead? Singer what what band was he in? Before because we didn't Clowns.
Speaker 3: Jo to the ride. HERE i am stuck in the middle with. You but that Was steeler's. Wheel that one steers. Wheel, yeah BUT i know.
Speaker 4: That Hey, Bird Hey, burge this one comes from comes From, Chip hey J, yeah what? Up i'm in the one and Only BUCkies with a thousand other people saw this sign and had to get it to you. Immediately hope you guys are enjoying a Great Memorial day. Weekend if one of you, respond give Me greg's email SO i can hit him down the. Road look forward to hearing y'all all this. Week love the new. Show i'm also super excited to read the new book about your.
Speaker 3: Dad thank. YOU i was THERE I Guess We're dead coach To Jack state for five years and was on the field after the game when they beat The gorillas for The.
Speaker 4: Big National championship with a. Memory really excited about the. Book hope you guys are eating barbecue and laughing your heads off this.
Speaker 3: Weekend.
Speaker 4: Greg here's what he saw In BUCkies and he wanted you to see. It it was a sign In BUCkies that, reads unless you Are George strait Or, god remove your. Boots, Okay and this IS i guess the sign you can get for your own lake house or something like. That i'll be sure and get one of them that was in. There so there it, is unless you Were George straight Or.
Speaker 3: God georgetra is the only country singer wore. Boots this is rolling his. Eyes we keep offering you, opportunity uh for you to.
Speaker 4: Make i'm Just i'm keeping it. Neutral now everybody's beating me up about, it and the majority of you don't really feel that.
Speaker 3: Way and.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 3: Neutral that's, neutral and all he, Goes, OKAY i guess you can't say.
Speaker 4: Nothing uh hey, Birds hey, birds this is From. DYLAN i just pulled A.
Speaker 3: Larry oh, yes what's what do you?
Speaker 4: Do as if it's not bad, ENOUGH i pulled A larry In Sunday. School, uh coffee learned a. LESSON i just made fun of my wife are spilling a small just a small spot of jelly on her khaki, skirt and what? HAPPENS i dump an entire cup of coffee in my lap where it all just funnels down from the crotch straight to the middle of my.
Speaker 3: Rear to be a.
Speaker 4: Writer as if that's not, ENOUGH i was in khakis as. Well not only in the region that shall not be, mentioned but the old Gludyas maximus is on.
Speaker 3: Fire OH i got a.
Speaker 4: Wetline now it looks Like i'm speedy trying to get to A titans.
Speaker 3: Game oh, No.
Speaker 4: Uh learned a lesson ABOUT i guess karma making fun of that jelly stain literally bit me in the.
Speaker 3: Butt that's a good. One BUT i got an uh getting getting a lot of these. Ada this is that video THAT i sent. You could we want to you okay with?
Speaker 5: Baby hey?
Speaker 4: Birds hey, Birds just want to see if you thought reading men don't run in the rain as a bedtime story for a one year old is going to guarantee he ends up. TOUGH i think. YES i wanted to share a little video that we recorded just for all of. You this is him in that sweet little. Baby look at.
Speaker 3: This they're in the.
Speaker 21: Rain, Okayne Hey, rick we got some rain here and gunners all.
Speaker 3: Today got my?
Speaker 21: SON i read them your new book as a bedtime story or night Coach. Burgess there's a lot of nun men around us walking or. Running not.
Speaker 5: Us we.
Speaker 21: Walk we're also.
Speaker 3: Handy that's a good.
Speaker 10: One he was walking in the rain and going into low's because he's.
Speaker 3: Handy all at the same time about carrying that boy with him? Too how about that Reading it is a bedtime story to this? Boy get that? Great? Uh birds FROM.
Speaker 4: Rp if coach was pulling in A walmart parking lot in a gully washer, thunderstorm would he pull to the first available parking spot or drive around looking for parking spots close to the front door to avoid getting terribly so when walking in the? RAIN i know he's gonna, walk but would he look for a close parking?
Speaker 3: Spot? Now? Never now first when he came to it'd be first when he came to if you even, said try to get? Closer oh my, god ain't right around you want to get? Closer squen it? Dies how close you need to?
Speaker 4: Get and then he had this term that started with, Candy, okay, yeah bottom of the.
Speaker 3: Hour we'll be right.
Speaker 2: Back this is The Rick Burchis. Show this is where logic beats left Clothes Bick Burchise.
Speaker 4: Show thank you for being with us today Again America Virgess ball battle coming up shortly as the box seats will filled for another. Day thank you for being with, Us Andy andrews back. Tomorrow so a chance for you to get a shot at the will tomorrow and be true Or bs With Andy, andrews very popular news segment you seem to be. Digging, also look for this Weekend episode Three Strange. Encounters we'll do a new one this week that'll come out this weekend and then come up this. Weekend, Also episode Four Burgess Bass Battle part, Two part one and episode three is out now on our YouTube. Channel episode four and part, two the actual tournament as we all battled each other in bass, fishing will come up this, weekend so look for that on our YouTube channel as. Well, okay so this is also, people AND i need to help you with. This the audio version Of Men Don't run in The rain seems to be available everywhere Except. Audible audible takes more, time they, said probably about three weeks after the, release so it released On may, Thirteenth so we, are what about not quite two weeks yet from the, release so it may take a few more. Days someone's confused in the. EMAIL i tried to download the book On audible today and there's a curious combo of your title in this guy's. Podcast, okay so let me explain. That On audible, today. Apparently one of the many podcasts That i've had the honor of being interviewed on this one Is Doctor Lee, warren a spiritual brain surgery. Podcast SO i was on that podcast being interviewed about the. Book so that's why you're seeing his podcast and it says men don't run in the rain lessons From Rick burgess and other. Dads that has nothing to do with it being anything wrong with the. Book that is a podcast THAT i was on about the. Book the book apparently isn't there, Yet so if you googled the name of it and that's all that came, up there's nothing wrong with that BECAUSE i am on that. Podcast that just means it's not there. Yet So audible seems to be taking more time than the, others so apologize for, that but that's just kind of how it all. Work so it seems to be available everywhere except, there but that's coming and it will also be coming to stores in the next couple of weeks as, well so we'll keep you updated on. That helicksleep Dot, com slash Big. Vox they have various mattress models to choose, from each one design for specific sleep positions in the way that you prefer to. Sleep, yes these are mattresses that are matched to, you customized for the way that you. Sleep if you're big and, tall they'll take that into. Account it's just for a, child they'll take that into an. Account if you're a side, sleeper you're a stomach, sleeper a back, sleeper they'll take all that into. Consideration do you like a firm, mattress you like a soft, mattress you like something in. Between they take all that into. Account greg And lisa sleep.
Speaker 3: On one every.
Speaker 4: Night that's, right they'll send one directly to. You you got one hundred. Nights how many nights DO i need to?
Speaker 3: Know two nights you'll. Know two nights you'll, know and you'll love.
Speaker 4: It so go right there To Helix sleep dot com slash Big vox before this, ends right, now still twenty seven percent. Off Helix sleep dot com slash Big vox twenty seven percent. Off if you don't love, it inside the one hundred nights fund the, money, okay you'll be out nothing and they ship it to you with no. Shipping there's also a link At Rick burgess show dot. Com under. Sponsors so Today may twenty, seventh a lot of you know. This of, course the guys in the room know. This this was the, day.
Speaker 3: Believe it or, not twenty years, ago That william Broner burgess was. Born will in the Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah if you're new to the, Show William Broner burgess is my youngest child and number five of the five children that we, have and he of course died his earthly death at two and a half years old On january the, nineteenth two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Eight so you, know today is the.
Speaker 4: Day that he was, born which was a day of incredible joy and incredible. CELEBRATIONS i remember how much of a fun day that that. Was and so you, know when you come around and these markers, hit you, KNOW i can't imagine him at twenty twenty. Twenty if you, CAN'T i mean so, Yeah and there's been you, know for a child that only lived on this earth for two and a half. Years you know you have to you, always As sherry AND i in our. Family you, Know sherry said it best in her book about all, this and if you never read, IT i highly suggest that you. Do is, that especially if you've been through. This she has so much help in there from the source that. Matters, god. Himself he's never been silent on this kind of, stuff As sherry researched and lays out beautifully in the, book and she's such a gifted writer and so but, anyway one of the things that you have to, is And sherry said, THIS i don't always Like god's tactics and his, plan BUT i could never ever argue with the. Results and we have seen that and the impact that it's had on us individually as, people you, know just crushed and having to be built back and going through just having to depend On god To breathe probably brought us closer To god and strengthen our faith like nothing, ever nothing else we've ever. Experienced it's not our only, battle but it. Was it was a very very hard. One and so you also have to. Trust and this is Something god has said over and over. Again some of you heard me say. THIS i said this in the in The bible study Last. Wednesday when you think About Psalms psalm one thirty, nine thirteen through, sixteen when there's an interesting comment here From david and what he knows About. God and as we Know, david you, know had a child that died, also And david is talking about where life begins and How god weaves us together inside the very womb of our, mothers and that while he's done, that he knows us fully and even knows the number of. Days it, says every one of my days we're written in your book BEFORE i was ever, born and you you the number of.
Speaker 3: Them so when.
Speaker 4: You hear, that you're you realize that Though brauner's life might have been short on earth as far as we're, concerned And god revealed this over and over and over, again it was it was.
Speaker 3: Perfect uh we say it was, short but it was.
Speaker 4: Perfect and the impact from, this, this this what happened with this child HAS i mean it just, continues it continues to this. DAY i can't even wrap my mind around All god has done through this little life that wasn't here very. Long so, YEAH i think about, him and you can't help but. GO i wonder what he would be like at. Twenty But god has revealed to me so many, times and To, sherry.
Speaker 3: One of them was.
Speaker 4: VIVID i remember you, know whether you know this or. Not and some of you that haven't experienced being a dad, YET i pray you get. To and one of the things if every dad was, Honest i'm sure to moms to some, degree always to dad's if we were. Honest the first time you see your last name on the back of a little, jersey.
Speaker 3: It's a big.
Speaker 4: Day, yeah it's it's it could be te, baughll but but they're just something fun about. It and you probably experienced it seeing your grandson With burges on the back of his little. Jersey, yeah there's just something about, that you. Know and SO i was, coaching, uh and it was only a few months After browner had gone to, heaven AND i was it was that, spring AND i was coaching coach pitch with one of my. Sons it was it Was. Brodie, Yeah and SO i was on third and So, brody you, know comes over from second and rounds at third and then comes back to the base and he turns his back to. Me SO i See burgess on the back of his. Jersey and and in that, moment and then these moments come AND i, thought, So i'll never See broner play, LITTLELY i want to experience that with, him And god JUST i mean just in the comfort of the, moment just immediately in my, SPIRIT i was, Reminded, well if you believe what scripture, says and you have faith in the providence Of. God broner never was going to play little. League you didn't miss anything that was never going to. Happen so AND i, thought you know, again AND i trust that what you do is. Right you, KNOW i may never know TO i stand before him the things and the grace and the mercy That god showed through all.
Speaker 3: That who.
Speaker 4: Knows ALL i know is, that As job, said my hope is only in, him AND i trust what he does is. Right and so But i'm also realizing, that you, know it was LIKE i. THINK i think it was an interesting fine bomb gave me the chance to say. That and people sometimes will, say, well were you ever angry With? God AND i can honestly, say and you for me say it in the. Past, NO i, Mean i'm not just saying that because it's the right thing to.
Speaker 3: Say even Though god's not afraid of our, Anger he's not afraid of, us you, know asking questions that never that has never taken place. Ever and the.
Speaker 4: Sad part that is sad is you, know you think WHY i would have liked to have had twenty years With bronner as of. Today BUT i also know that IF i want to be upset about, Anything i'm upset THAT i as a as an, individual and this earth is so sinful That god allows these kind of things so he can get our. ATTENTION i hate That i'm so sinful that this is something That god KNEW i. Needed so IF i want to be upset about, ANYTHING i just have to be upset with, myself because it certainly took me into places that nothing else would have taken. Me And i've seen things happen through this that weren't going to happen any other, way and involving lots of. People SO i have one of the things that we have been able to, see and they're all over the country is all these different little boys Named, bronner and you know one of, them Just, reaes is about six over, six almost seven months. Old that was if you do you Remember Fire Marshall megan when she worked here on the. Show so she and her two sisters they kept our. Kids you, know they would one would get, married we'd go the next. One that one get, married we go the next. One And, lindsey the youngest, one said if she ever had a, son because she took care Of broner and helped us with. Him you, know we would go out on dates and all, that and they really. Connected and she, said IF i ever have a, Son i'm gonna name Him. Bronner well she had two, daughters beautiful little, girls and.
Speaker 3: They were waiting and. Waiting so the years went.
Speaker 4: By well a little over six months ago she gave birth to their first, son and they named Him, bronner and she brought. Him we got to see him right after he was, born but he actually came over to the house the other day And sherry got to hold him and play with. Him AND i got home before they left and got to see. Him and you, KNOW i keep saying one, day and we'll see when it. IS i keep, thinking one, day if we can make it, happen how cool it would. Be And i've said this, before but revisiting that to maybe have all These, bronners all these different, ages to maybe.
Speaker 3: Come down to the.
Speaker 4: Farm i'd love to just have this big picture of all of. Them AND i don't know how. MANY i, mean we have somebody today is talked about their son Named. RONER i don't know how many there, are but it's a number of.
Speaker 22: Them, yeah, yeah and so so it's that's a blessing, too just to watch that legacy of such a short earthly life that really.
Speaker 3: REACHES i, mean it is continuing to have an.
Speaker 4: Impact so twenty years ago today that that little boy was given to us as an incredible, gift And i'm thankful To god for allowing me such a such a wonderful day twenty years.
Speaker 3: Ago we'll be right about.
Speaker 2: It this is The Rick Burgess, show simply outworking the. Competition The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show not even, close not even.
Speaker 4: Close, Okay so speaking of, family by the, way thank you for text. Nation cool picture of one of the Many. Bronner's It's bronner Boat wright fifteen years. Old, yeah there's his baseball to the.
Speaker 3: Picture there you, go thank. Something that's. Cool.
Speaker 4: Man all, Right so that happened. YESTERDAY i you want to go over and see mom a little. Bit we didn't do anything big On Memorial.
Speaker 3: Day you.
Speaker 4: Know we went and spent some time Celebrating brodie's birthday with his in laws and they have a late.
Speaker 3: Place hey y'all.
Speaker 4: Come down To Lake mitchell and and OH i was a messed With. Gary he, Goes, hey how come y'all didn't come over and see. Me AND i, said we didn't take time to go to the wealthy part of the.
Speaker 3: Lake, yeah and uh we're at a high Rolling, hey you can't even have a.
Speaker 4: Visit AND i, said looking for. It believe it or, Not, gary you may be shocked or spend time With brodie's in. Laws their number one thing on the list is not go See. Geary probably not in the.
Speaker 3: World wouldn't they want to do.
Speaker 4: That look and by the, way brod he is the only CHILD i have that he does not like the attention of a birthday at. All and we were making him so uncomfortable singing to. Him and the fact THAT i posted this picture as A Happy Memorial day it just it just he he can't stay in that kind of. Stuff and of, course like you did with jac on your, trip that's WHY i have to do.
Speaker 3: It, YEAH i have to mess with.
Speaker 4: It so so, anyway so we on Actual Memorial, day we we my. Family we didn't do anything other than just you, know hang out at the. House and so went over to see mom and, uh SO i get over to see her and you, know to visit with her a little. Bit And sherry, said, well you don't you know we've been doing this all. WEEKEND i got all kinds of laundry to, do you. Know she And mom did a lot of stuff together last. Week AND i, said, Well i'm gonna go see. Mom she's, like, yeah you need to see, Mom so come over and see. Her AND i, said, Well, mom anything you need to, DO i, Mean i'm here. Today Well greg is of course it all the first thing always comes up To. Greg, well you Know, greg he's Been he's taking me to a doctor's appointment this week and all, This And i'm, LIKE i, Know, mom you don't have to tell me a Things greg. DOES i didn't say, that but and, so, uh WELL i do need. GROCERIES i, said, Well, MAM i, checked and you know there's a couple of grocery stores that are open today if you want to.
Speaker 3: Go and she, goes, WELL.
Speaker 4: I mean if you can, not you, know if you could take, me AND i would appreciate, it BUT i don't want.
Speaker 3: You to rush. Me basically telling you to behave AND i.
Speaker 4: May use a, coupon AND i always when we walk, IN i want to go over to where the things are on, sale she.
Speaker 3: Said she even an hour after, THAT i want to go where.
Speaker 4: Things are on sale. Now AND i was, Said, Mama i'm. GOOD i don't have anywhere to. BE i, said you, know next that doesn't. Matter next thing for me is going to. BED i, said we'll take. OFF i, said you know, what we'll spend the whole day over if you want. To mother loves the good. Bowgo oh my, goodness she. Does, well here's her here's her. Plan she never buys. Too she only she only does the buy, one get one, free if she can buy the one and get it for half, price because she didn't take the.
Speaker 3: Other, yeah she lives for.
Speaker 4: That and if they make her and if you make her by, two you're not gonna get her to both in is.
Speaker 3: Coffee if she can find, it she'll get them both because she knows she's gonna. Drink and.
Speaker 4: Uh and of COURSE i had to hear all the way over. There well you know now When greg's with, ME i, Said, mama This Greg Greg gan Around, gregan around.
Speaker 3: New sheriff and.
Speaker 4: DOWN i, Said i'm not gonna do Things greg's, way BUT i will do things your.
Speaker 3: Way that's.
Speaker 4: Good and she, goes, well that's What greg. Does he lets me do the WAY i wanted. IT i, Said, mom that's, it no. PROBLEM i, said, well we'll.
Speaker 3: See what you've. Done, well it's you take it To.
Speaker 4: Guthrie's AFTER i offered that and uh, yeah and got to do, that she said, no she just wanted to get some meals from the actual some meals she will and she has to.
Speaker 3: Eat, No, no it's. GOOD i mean she'll try. Stuff she'll go out and pretty.
Speaker 4: Good, yeah and and so uh and then the entire rush through that, part the entire.
Speaker 3: THING i, mean we don't even get in the. Door you don't even get in the. Door Good and she stops at. Them although wait a, MINUTE i.
Speaker 4: Just want to tell you this is Where i'm gonna, stop And i'm gonna look at these BY i one to go one.
Speaker 3: Freeze. OKAY i know you don't like. THIS i know you're right. Now all you can think about is that we need to go. On i'm, Like i'm Not i'm not doing. That i'm not doing where are you getting? That and? Right where are you getting?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 4: Well you, know she goes this one is. New Sometimes greg just knows me so. Well who just go ahead and put things in the. Back AND i, thought, Well, MAMA i thought that was an indictment against, me THAT i.
Speaker 3: Grab things and put them in the. Buggy, No greg puts WHAT i want in the.
Speaker 4: Buggy, yeah BECAUSE i know you just grab something so we can move. On greg said that time you had the wrong. PEANUTS i know.
Speaker 3: By that time you threw those brought the right. Time you threw them. Peanuts AND i said WHAT i, said they were on, sale but those not the peanuts what you. Want you just wanted to move. On you JUST i know right, now you just you can't stand, this can? YOU i, Said, Mom i'm. FINE i, said have you heard one grumble from? Me DOES i know you got better things to? Do rand the? Store some? Mother i'm Good if she ever done the voice in the face with, YOU i know what you're. Thinking and when you talk about what about the?
Speaker 11: Dog?
Speaker 3: Now what about?
Speaker 11: Mom?
Speaker 4: About she just talked about them. Dog we methodically moved through. THERE i heard more about you THAN i wanted. To you, Know, rick, hey let me tell you he's he's the number one slot right. NOW i hate to break that to our, sister because you don't know what it's like not to be.
Speaker 3: There she's not there right? Now rick got a doctor's Appointment, thursday gonna put me even that much, HIGHER i, Said, mom who got that car taking care?
Speaker 9: Of?
Speaker 4: Well, now your sister did say that when she text you things got. Done, yeah that's, true and she, Goes, now you'll get things. Done but that's sometimes what bothers me about. You you want to get things done that she, Goes, well sometimes you'll just rush on through. Stuff i'm a right now she said something. Weird she, goes you just need to get this off your, list don't.
Speaker 3: You does that sound like?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah it does.
Speaker 4: From you don't need to go to c v as. Weather oh, no unless you're going through the drive.
Speaker 3: Through don't go. IN i, Mean i'm, Fine but you talked.
Speaker 4: About some cupons rest no, no, no no, no and try to do them on self check. OUT i don't, know, kid no. No SO i want you to, Know, greg good news for. You groceries have pines on self. Checkout now let me tell you this, Too. Greg you hear this, WELL i, mean people get excited about thinking that you THAT i should just be having this stuff ordered to come to my little.
Speaker 3: Cottage But i've tried. That they don't check, dates and, yeah well they bring you. Stuff it's inspired one day and she, Goes, NOW i do not let them pick. Produce she's big on. Dates, yeah you're old. Boy do you think we didn't look at, Dates, yes, sir everybody we look At you know what you, said you know she said about. That she, GOES i know you know.
Speaker 4: What one time they brought me a bunch of who old messed Up mexel. STUFF i asked for my money. Back she, goes you can't let those Pit they don't. Care they just pick any, vegetable any. Fruit they don't look at. Dates so this delivery stuff to me and it ain't no good because you can't get what you.
Speaker 3: Want she's. Right top of the.
Speaker 2: Hour this is The Rick Burtish.
Speaker 11: Show, well welcome to The Rick Birds, show.
Speaker 23: Broadcasting from The Rag world With Speedy Greg addler And Rick. Berges buckle, Up, america it's.
Speaker 3: Time for the.
Speaker 5: Show welcome to.
Speaker 1: The Rig Birdest.
Speaker 6: Show.
Speaker 5: Broadcasting from the.
Speaker 23: Rig word With Speedy greg and Learn Rick. Berges buckle, Up. America it's time.
Speaker 3: Here we go a brand new. Hour thank you for being with.
Speaker 4: Us as you, heard the gang is all here today and if you have missed any.
Speaker 3: Of the, show we have covered a.
Speaker 4: Lot go back and catch it on the daily, archives either on the podcast channel or the YouTube. Channel you can do either every, day not long after the old live show is, over so you can go back and catch any part that you may have. Missed we got the whole gang here ready to. Go we've got some of the box seats settling. In they're ready to. Go Burgess Ball battle coming up a little later in the program. Today they could get a chance to go to The wheel and maybe spend for big.
Speaker 3: Money so big.
Speaker 4: Money we'll see a couple of things to also hit as we continue to work through the. Day this headline kind of says it. All by the, way off of Text, nation consider yourself, Blessed greg And. RICK i still take my mother to the grocery. Store she's in her nineties and she still right to.
Speaker 3: Check it could be.
Speaker 4: Worse, ohkay at least mom's going to the debit. Card, Yeah, mom see any high tex.
Speaker 3: Stuff she's. Up she's pretty high. Tech she's a high tech.
Speaker 4: Nana i've threatened to tell The hall Of fame story and she sent back, whatever you, know she said anything for the.
Speaker 3: Show, okay she.
Speaker 4: Did that was, funny but we'll do that, Later Jake, tapper it just must be weird the position that he's. In we prove over and over again that he was. Complacent uh and uh and in this false narrative That Joe biden did not have any cognitive. Skills, okay uh and not. Complacent it's not the, word is, It because if you're, COMPLACENT i mean he's not doing.
Speaker 3: IT i can't remember the. Word let's. Complicit that's wording for. Yeah and because complacent means you, know he didn't just kind of set, Around so now who?
Speaker 4: Whatever, YEAH i guess you could do. Either BUT i know that the all The english too out, there ll be sure we get it. Right Jake tapper now claims That biden's health scandal cover up is worse Than. WATERGATE i would agree that that the government has done a lot of things Since watergate that are worse Than. Watergate it's just we've changed how much we care about these, things that's. Right but he's now saying that does he does he think we're just gonna forget that he was involved in?
Speaker 2: It you.
Speaker 3: Were everybody keeps showing.
Speaker 4: You, this even uncomfortably while you're on interview, sometimes so here here is a here is talking about at the age of fifty, six And Jake tapper talking about.
Speaker 3: Journalism so this is like.
Speaker 5: He's just woken up at the age of fifty six all of a, Sudden.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's saying what we've all been. Saying and then he kept telling us we were. Wrong now now he just agrees with us and acted and acts like that never. Happened, Okay so here we.
Speaker 24: Go AND i think that we need to be skeptical of everything that we are told by people in. Power AND i mean that obviously should be the mantra of being a journalist to begin. With if your mother tells you she loves, you get a second. Source but we just need to remember, that like politicians, lie white houses. Lie power is an, aphrodisiac and we just need to all remember that and not take it face value anything that We're.
Speaker 3: Apparently journalists lie. TOO i can't even believe What i'm.
Speaker 5: Hearing that's Like nixon being Like. Watergate this is nothing compared to Watergre you, helped you were in. It you Shamed Laura trump because she suggested that it wasn't a. Stutter she, said you, know he might be declining a little, bit and he acted appalled and tried to shame, her and they perpetuated this. Lie and now That biden's out of, power he can't do anything to help, them and so they've turned their backs on. Him and it's, all it's all just.
Speaker 3: Phony don't, forget don't forget the other little caveat. There have a book to sell, too and about, It and NOW i can make money off the very thing THAT i. Did i'm now going to Just i'm on shed light on the on WHAT i was doing in my.
Speaker 5: Book, yeah and you believe, THIS i mean so.
Speaker 4: Anyway and it Was Pierce Pierce morgan that interviewed him that said that this is this is a separate, scandal maybe even, worse maybe even worse Than. Watergate so the cover up Of Joe biden's cognitive. Decline and then everybody keeps PLAYING i know there's a lot of clips of, him but they keep playing the clip of him getting upset With trump's daughter in law because she said something about the stammering around Of. Biden and Then tapper just makes up That biden was a stutter all his, life which no one's ever said, that and no one's and and just gives her a hard time from even suggesting that he's on cognitive decline and now has a book out saying that it's clear they were covering up the cognitive decline of the. President it's worse Than. Watergate and and you know, what journalism is. Dead we need to do journalism the way it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Done that's what we've been trying to.
Speaker 3: SAY i can any word just like whoope that clip from.
Speaker 5: Movies oh, yeah wooll be upset at journalists and the media for lying to. Her you, Helped you were part of. That you you you called anybody that was saying the opposite that you called us crazy and conspiracy theorists and The White house called it cheap. Fakes and it's just the gas lighting IS i know that term is over, Useful yes it, is but it. IS i mean it smells like pro paane in, here the amount of gas lighting that's going. On my.
Speaker 4: Goodness, well and, yeah how about. This i'm Gonna i'm done with being now upset about. It i'm just gonna, say, well thank, goodness now you're finally. Omitting AND i understand all the hypocrisy of it and all, that but at LEAST i gotta find Some at LEAST i can go, well thank, goodness you FIND i feel better that you keep denying, something you're now admitting.
Speaker 10: It even though you're just trying to sell. BOOKS i get that's all.
Speaker 3: Right whatever it took for you to say, It i'm good with.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah you.
Speaker 4: Know also a lot of people have been asking me speaking of things that are kind of intriguing right. Now of, course over in the podcast, world no one's bigger Than Joe. Rogan interesting to now watch. This this is the thing THAT i like About Joe. Rogan and you've talked about this, Before, Greg and there's a lot of things THAT i disagree, with but that he's willing to, investigate things like faith In, christ and there seems to be you, know he's interviewed some he's sat down and listened to a lot of people say here's the, evidence because we do believe by, faith but that faith is also based on a huge body of. Evidence josh McDowell wrote a great book Called body Of evidence about. That and you can See, rogan you, know one of the people that he interviews quite, often gave an update That Joe, rogan as we, speak not that he's made some declaration of, faith but he's now attending which seems to be a theologically sound church on a regular.
Speaker 3: Basis and he's never been been one that's gone to church or.
Speaker 4: Anything so he's he's Seeking and that was that was the story of the weekend, too that it's looking more and, more you, know he's starting To i've seen some of the interviews where he interviews people and they hit the hit him with things and some of these you, know discoveries that we have In, israel the archaeological which is a tough, word where you find these things that kind of substantiate things The bible had always. Said and he's had some of those on and he's he's searching pretty intriguing facts that seem to have at least ignited a spark for him to go further and keep. Searching SO i have something to pray about that somebody with a platform that, big if they were to, have you, know a redemption, story that would be a big.
Speaker 5: One, yeah it's been interesting seeing that kind of wing of. People. Uh you've Seen Jordan peterson be more public about, it, uh and you've seen Libertarian Dave. Smith he just did A Tucker Tucker carlson. Appearance, uh and this this guy is a hardline uh, libertarian AND i agree with some of his stuff and some of it. Not but he's he was an atheist until his child was being. Born he was in the. Hospital he told the story On tucker talking about how in that, moment because he had no control over the outcome of his child and his wife felt so, helpless so. Powerless and he talked about how in that moment he didn't think there was A. God he actually knew there was A. God he knew what to say To, god to, ask and he even began bargaining With, God Please, God i'll do, This i'll do, That and he knew how to quote unquote. BARGAIN i know we can't really do, mean but then he was he was crying out To god and the notion of, Like, god i'll live a good, Life please help my. Child it's funny how he was like in that, moment and ever since then he's been radically, changed which is great to see. It, well then in these hugely popular, Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Well the next thing we got to, do And i've seen it some with With Jordan, peterson they've got to be. Disciples we can't just setlem out with these giant platforms with bad. Theology they got to grow. Up we can't just say, oh, good they made a decision and then leave them with no. Training they got to be.
Speaker 2: Disciple this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring something to the? Table? Cool, no and get on the. Show one eight eight eight six baby.
Speaker 3: Blocks all, right here we.
Speaker 4: Go first time we go to unscreen phone calls for the. Week all ten lines are. Open you can reach us eight eight eight the number six big box as you just heard ken osburn out for. You that's eight eight eight six two four four eight six. Nine you can text or call on that. Line but right now we're going to, calls so, uh they'll be. Unscreened that's our new. Way you seem to be digging that we are.
Speaker 9: Too.
Speaker 3: Uh that way we just screen on the. Flock so when you, call you're gonna.
Speaker 15: Hear you're gonna hear.
Speaker 4: Ringing but don't, worry uh because we'll be getting to you. QUICKLY a birthday gift over this past weekend for Young broderick raycon Everyday. Earbudgs we knew that we had picked the right gift for him when his wife looked at him and, said thank.
Speaker 3: You now he'll quit getting.
Speaker 4: Mine uh so now he has his own great gift idea Of so you may not have a kid like we did having a birthday over the, weekend but you we all Got Father's day coming. Up great idea for D go to Buy raycon Dot com Slash Big vox right. Now so not only are you going to get these at about half the price of the other premium audio, brands Which dad's.
Speaker 3: Love, dad you wouldn't believe the DEAL i got on.
Speaker 4: That say that to your. Mom sometimes you'll be, thinking, oh WAS i not worth? It But dad kind of thinks it's cool that you got a, Deal so share that with. Him go to Buy raycon Dot com Slash Big box and we'll get you another fifteen percent, Off so that's big. Savings With raycon and these everyday earbuds thirty two hour battery life sound. Profiles you got multipoint connectivity And dad loves that, Too noise isolation if, needed awareness if. Not so you also can do their quick charge get ninety minutes of battery with ten. Minutes so go to Buy raycon Dot com Slash Big vox now and pick these up For. Dad there's also a link At rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors to The phones We.
Speaker 3: Go we start with this.
Speaker 4: One hello, there unscreenphone. Calls you're on The Rick Burgess. Show go, Ahead, hey good.
Speaker 8: MORNING i was, wondering, like on the not this segment with the previous, segment That George straight sounding song instead of, welcome it says well gelkam at the. Beginning and another thing is If Jamie johnson really Liked Men Don't run in The rain and wrote a song For George, straight you know what Would greg do about that? Song just Figured i'd ask your.
Speaker 3: Guys that would be a tough. One, greg you'd be putting a dilemma.
Speaker 4: There he writes a song about the book Who, sings and he writes it For George, straight but Then George straight sings.
Speaker 3: It, Well i'll listen to. It i'm fired up about. It so you would be in a. Vine, Yeah Rick Burger's, show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead, hey good, morning.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen how are you?
Speaker 3: Off we're? Good?
Speaker 9: Hey? Man on The George straight, thing don't you guys get the? Idea it's almost like The.
Speaker 8: Beatles you're supposed to say you like, them and how great of an influence they.
Speaker 15: Were you are?
Speaker 4: Correct Did greg send you? NOTES i mean it's like you are one. Thousand you have less of a musician if you don't Like George.
Speaker 3: STRAIT i like The. Beatles there you, Go, no you, don't you don't you you don't hate, them but you don't like.
Speaker 5: Them, greg it's like you And chicken. Tized you thought you didn't like, him but you.
Speaker 3: Do, there it's.
Speaker 4: True, Hello Rick burgers show unscreen phone calls go, ahead.
Speaker 15: They go on.
Speaker 3: Fellows, Good Hey?
Speaker 25: Greg how about that mellow man win that coke six hundred coming from last the First?
Speaker 3: Sunday, YEAH i saw the end of. It uh what's his? Name? Uh he's one that throws the watermelon down when he. Wins oh, yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah he he wrecked his car in.
Speaker 4: Practice they had to rebuild his car all through the, night and he started last and won the whole thing six hundred miles.
Speaker 5: Later, good you're talking about The Wienie. Race is that what you're talking?
Speaker 3: About Winnie? Race, yes that. Happened, ALSO i did happen to see that we were. Talking did you really PLAY i just saw a. Highlight, okay so that was A d AND d though The winnie, race.
Speaker 4: That's, true that's a little. Different Rick burgers show unscreen phone. Calls go, ahead.
Speaker 15: This Is stephen From. Kentucky everybody sits. Together the video from The blues. Game. Uh talking about hockey earlier, Today, MAN i had no idea about how Crazy honkey fans were UNTIL i took my boys for the first time to his first hockey. Game, man they are. Nuts we just went on a Random thursday and they are just.
Speaker 3: Nuts so do you agree with?
Speaker 10: That, yeah It's Saint. LOOK i did get the Email Saint Louis. Blues he said it was just a regular Season thursday night, game and he said it was it was so, crazy and it really. Is IT'S i was Not i'd heard about it from friends that have. GONE i kind of THOUGHT i knew what to, expect but it was just it was really, Neat it was, close it was you, know it was a great environment to be, in even if you weren't following the team and you were just. Going kind of like with WITH, jc we were there because he followed the team AND i was just along for the.
Speaker 3: Ride but by the third. PERIOD i was all in.
Speaker 9: It you.
Speaker 3: SCREAMING i was, screaming going. There you know what he's doing, now he's about to panic about his. Receipts, YEAH i heard him. Talking, no there was just an EXPERIENCE i had in the. AIRPORT i want to talk to you, about y'all BECAUSE i Know, rick you're the world. TRAVELER i, Mean i'm sure you've experienced. It oh, SURE i just wanted to. Somewhere.
Speaker 10: Yeah we were just in The dallas For Dallas fourth airport and something HAPPENED i had never.
Speaker 3: EXPERIENCED i just want to ask you. About, Okay Rick burgers show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, hey how do y'all feel about people calling in when they send emails hoping you already read, it but they haven't gotten reply, yet so they call to make sure you got the?
Speaker 3: Email, well you, know, easy.
Speaker 5: Easy but did that just?
Speaker 3: Happen? Yes, yeah you KNOW i was fine with. It so you start drawing attention to. It, YEAH i irritated about.
Speaker 4: Me we?
Speaker 3: Continue, hello three people just hung?
Speaker 4: Up Rick burgers show welcome on screen phone, calls go, Ahead good, morning.
Speaker 15: Fellas how are?
Speaker 25: Y'all we're?
Speaker 9: Great tried to get in last.
Speaker 25: Week And i'm sorry if this is a, repeat BUT i had a theory About spady And hoby showing Or hoby showing. Up it's a restaurant On speedy's. Anniversary my theory Is speedy called HIM becausey forgot he's.
Speaker 4: Wallet, well one, theory which is a little bit better than that story is usually cars, wallet but it's. Similar it's similar is that he chose that spot Knowing hoby would come by in hopes that he would, say let me buy you all.
Speaker 3: Dinner for your. Anniversary now that one.
Speaker 4: Found that's, SO i guess it's Who ai that does these.
Speaker 3: Pictures it looks kind of like, you but there's always some. Weird it's a little bit.
Speaker 5: Strange There's speedy's new, Book The story Of.
Speaker 3: You See speedy has got the ball, head and that looks kind of Like. Hoby you got a. Look it's, Like I'm, speedy But i'm just a little.
Speaker 4: All it's not Quite it's almost like A speedy imposture that we should trust.
Speaker 3: Exactly oh my, gosh you can't get to. Work hang on.
Speaker 4: Home we continue on screen phone. Calls welcome to The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show go.
Speaker 8: Ahead Last, FRIDAY i tried so hard to get, in BUT i just want to, say one hundred and one, episodes.
Speaker 3: How you making That? Friday all? Right So speedy wants tell, US i just nothing that happened to.
Speaker 5: YOU i don't want to tell.
Speaker 3: Anybody everybody's had nothing for me. TODAY i just know you can tell us one to know if y'all have experiences, before BECAUSE i talking about it and it don't sound.
Speaker 10: GOOD i haven't looked at the lady And i'm, like now what? Now she, said, Yes, danda You're, god And i'm, like what what country were you?
Speaker 3: In because Everybody i've Been, dallas you've interacted with has a weird.
Speaker 2: Accident this is The Rick Burgess, show still denying any involvements in the food fights of nineteen seventy. Nine Rick burgets.
Speaker 3: Cleared several times on. That still trying to hold over my head to. Night so we're. Back thanks for being WITH Us. America we've covered a.
Speaker 4: LOT i mean a, bunch so if you missed any of that and catching one of the archives later, Today speedy's about the worries to death about this one thing that. Happened he told the whole story about him taking his Son i'm not Well. Dallas and you, KNOW i knew when he spent this kind of money that it was gonna be a hard day for.
Speaker 3: Me, Wow i'm drinking trend with.
Speaker 4: Y'all he's shown me receipts and What i'm my, buddy it's ALWAYS i saw the book book keeping from that little. Trip that was a good. One, look that's why he has hives. Today let me tell, you every dollar that somebody pulls out of that, one you better. Pull it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Hard.
Speaker 10: Yeah it's called a friendship and. CONVERSATION i don't. Know most people have them and they just. Talk and that's WHAT i AND i noticed that WHEN i talked to, y'all, Y'all.
Speaker 9: I'm just.
Speaker 3: Talking choose, All i'm just having a. Conversation you, Worry.
Speaker 5: I'm just.
Speaker 4: Talking you're Not you're not an anxious. Person we, land we have to talk things.
Speaker 10: Out, well we land In Dallas Fort worth on the on the little, trip and we were needing something to tide us over until we actually ate. Lunch, Uh and so we ran in their little little, shop their little convenience story inside the, MALL i mean the mall inside inside the, airport and we go in and grab a few, things and we get to the checkout area and they have these little, kiosk like these small, iPads and there's a lady that's standing there and and there was nowhere to scan the items that you.
Speaker 3: Have and she, said if, scanned AND i, said this is this is your temp for, ACCENT i don't. Know they all sound like someone with the head. Injury well she. Was she was a little bit of a low. Talker AND i was leaning in AND i said to what she, said looking above, You AND i, said this year attempt for an accident of a person who is From. INDIA i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i don't know where she was from because, earlier the earlier the person Was hispanic and it was the worst town that we've ever.
Speaker 3: Heard, well just go with me.
Speaker 10: Here and SO i look up and there's like probably anywhere from four to eight really small cameras looking. Up and she, said we've already scanned. Dragon AND i, said what she's already? Scanned AND i said what do you? Mean she, said we know what you. Have, Oh AND i said what do you? Mean and even two guys behind me were, like do what? Now she, said, yes just scan your scan your credit card that you're paying with this already she, Said we've already the cameras have already got what's in your, hand and we know what you?
Speaker 3: Owe you owe?
Speaker 2: What And i'm, like do?
Speaker 3: What and SO i just to get, Out LIKE i had to scan my. CARD i didn't see a.
Speaker 10: Total it's just like there was not, hey this is how much you. Have it was just we know what you what's what's in your? Hand scan your card and you. Leave And i'm, like, well how DO i get a?
Speaker 3: Receipt you know? Me i'm you. Know she, said we look at eaven movie AND i was like What and so we walk.
Speaker 10: Over and then she started like fooling, around like we can email it to you and, stuff And i'm, like, No i'll just get the receipt.
Speaker 3: Online why do you get in a? Receipt, well didn't show me a. TOTAL i don't know what she's charging me for. It it could be reading. Wrong get a?
Speaker 10: Receipt what do you mean even when you know the, total do you get? No normally not, NO i never get a, red but you normally you see a. Total wouldn't you agree with?
Speaker 3: That you'd like to see? It you know if it's fifty three, dollars it's twenty, five it's? Fourteen? Whatever what was? It have you seen? It what DID i show? You is it in your? Card you? Break?
Speaker 4: YEAH i think it was like to, me this is WHEN i have a breakdown IF i hate WHEN i get up there and there's no option not to get a. Receipt you, know please give me the option to push no. Receipt WHEN i see no, receipt there's so much peace that comes over.
Speaker 3: Me and, no, YEAH i don't don't want anything to do with.
Speaker 5: IT i don't want any. Trash, THANKS i don't need more, trash.
Speaker 3: Right you better get it At walmart on your way.
Speaker 5: Out hate that ever.
Speaker 3: Happens why they picked me At?
Speaker 5: Costco they do it every.
Speaker 10: TIME i also like to know it looked like it was twenty two, sixteen which is it wasn't the total that was bothering.
Speaker 3: Me it was the fact THAT i didn't even. Know why didn't you? Go could you tell me what the? TOTAL i?
Speaker 10: Did and she looked two. BLOCKED i mean it's like she was having a tough time with it. Too and, uh, ANYWAY i just MAYBE i need to get out. More BUT i know you're the world. Track i've never seen.
Speaker 11: That have you.
Speaker 4: Experienced experienced that? Now AND i will say, this if it happened to, ME i wouldn't even not even. Care the receipt that came through it sounds.
Speaker 3: Good i'm.
Speaker 10: Out it looks like it was presented or From AMAZON ai or. Something that's that's the receipt from the convenience.
Speaker 5: Store amazon was trying to launch several of, these like grocery stores and throughout cities to.
Speaker 9: Get.
Speaker 10: Us but what's weird is let's SAY i got, THIS i got the, hat AND i got this, cup AND i walk up and there's nothing to scan, whatever and there's, like, no we've already read what you.
Speaker 3: Have you, know you know what they're setting. Up you know what they're setting up. For they're already doing it with a.
Speaker 4: STAR i d won't belong to these, said you have the, mark can't get items without. It where we're headed there it is.
Speaker 5: And just worship this golden calf and you can be on your way or something like.
Speaker 2: That something like.
Speaker 10: That they'll, Say, okay so that somebody's even saying. This amazon started it years ago In. Seattle, uh but it is at The Dallas Fort Worth airport right now at their little convenience. Store inside there's different, stores but that. One you get something to, drink we'd like to eat.
Speaker 5: Whatever if you pick it, up change your, mind it's.
Speaker 3: Over set it, down, bro you know. There, YEAH i would have been nice to fool it like set it down then.
Speaker 4: Go, YEAH i want TO i want to warn everybody out out there right now because of the expense of this. TRIP i know several go fundmes For speedy as that. Started we're not behind any of.
Speaker 3: These speedy.
Speaker 4: Has not officially launched to go fund, Me so don't fall. Victim no to the Various speedy go fund me, Said i'm sure out.
Speaker 3: There, yeah so it's gonna be all.
Speaker 2: Right, No i'm.
Speaker 3: FINE i just THOUGHT i didn't know this this.
Speaker 4: Whole.
Speaker 10: Uh it's not the cashless, thing because i've seen cashless uh you, know uh checkouts where they don't you, Know i've seen. That it was that that that you don't scan your. Items they just read what you have in your. Hands and from the from the. Cameras hey, boy you look up and there's just cameras all over the place looking at.
Speaker 3: You, Well i'm like you what If i'm still deciding when does it officially go? In that's the total you get.
Speaker 5: Like past like a. LINE i don't know those are your items, now.
Speaker 10: Buddy what made me feel better is the two guys who were behind. Us they were, like so we just put our card, here we don't know what what are we? Doing she's, like trust.
Speaker 3: Me after they wrote down.
Speaker 4: Yours also Something i've noticed lately too with, cashiers let's work on.
Speaker 3: It, okay we're not a lot of some of us don't like self.
Speaker 4: Check don't have an attitude like you're disappointed THAT i didn't go to self check And i'm making you.
Speaker 3: Actually run the? Register how did that?
Speaker 2: Happen?
Speaker 4: Yesterday somebody almost looked like they were, Miffed but of course it might have been THAT i do a speech about.
Speaker 3: It don't like self check? Out not doing? That are you got to are you just register? Happening are you? Working that's?
Speaker 4: Great let's go right here BECAUSE i don't like that over, There and MAYBE i didn't need to do, that BUT i got it that sounds a little. AGGRESSIVE i got a little bit of an attitude of how, oh you're gonna make me go over here and run this Cash richard when you get this self check.
Speaker 3: OUT i don't like the self checker as you have too many to self check. Out, yeah that's that's HOW i determined.
Speaker 4: It it was a buggy full as might as grocery sean with, mama we got a buggy. FULL i know my mom loves the fact that we get things. Done she might have said that roster a little.
Speaker 3: Bit he rushed.
Speaker 4: Her maybe in The bible and get one. FREE i, mean my, goodness it's crackers. On it's so uh so this is yeah The. Bogota, WELL i.
Speaker 3: Went into a convenience, store And i'm not talking about a truck stop where you have a lot of. People i'm talking about a convenience. Store it's me and the.
Speaker 4: Cashier and they got this elaborate thing set up where you got to put your items in it and it scans it, itself AND i don't know how to do, it so they're having to do.
Speaker 3: IT i, said why don't you just ring it. Up it's just me and, you there's nobody else in. Here what does it. Matter but that's the only way we do it. Now SO i had.
Speaker 4: To it was supposed to be in self check, out but it ended up not being but they had to do all this and, that and it was kind of cool when they said stuff in there and it takes a.
Speaker 3: Picture but, again it's JUST i get it a truck. Stop you got a bunch of self checks because there's a lot of people in and out of it was like a quick, GRIP i know exactly where you. Are you put it in the little, YEAH a little like. That yeah, yeah but we didn't heard with the other people in the whole. STORE i, said can you not just wring this?
Speaker 5: Up so both of y'all are going into places causing. Problems it's all here yelling at. People it's causing all kinds of.
Speaker 3: PROBLEMS i just ring it.
Speaker 4: UP i know my problem is And Surry's surry says that it's not my job to make places more. Efficient it seems like it, is though it's.
Speaker 5: Not it's.
Speaker 3: NOT i felt LIKE i feel Like i'm.
Speaker 4: This unofficial consultant that's always, like this could be.
Speaker 3: Smoother. This, LOOK i got somebody That i'm preaching through right, there and he's with.
Speaker 4: Me this could, be this could be. Smoother Hey, greg let ME i forgot to do this in my grocery. Update hey you no heads up on the half.
Speaker 3: Loaf, oh certain PLACES i have a half. Loaf, oh mom's in, pursuit and not a loaf of. BREAD a. Half, yeah it gets old too. Quick you know my. HOUSE i want a half of. It you don't know about the, HALFWAY i, Said. Mom nobody sells a half. Loaf, oh they do At.
Speaker 4: Walmart And i'm, LIKE i was, like, well nobody tell me about the half. Loaf you might find one in WIND dixi. Maybe and this is the worst. Part was the very last.
Speaker 3: Thing we're so. Close she, goes, WELL i WOULD i like to go over and look at the. BREAD i, said we've alread passed the bread and that Look greg wouldn't have done.
Speaker 2: That AND i was, like are we?
Speaker 3: Now because you know? Me, yeah BECAUSE i know how grocery store. Runs you got me back. Pedaling Now i'm going back, owls owls That i've already been. Down i'm going. Back that happens when she forgets to get her. Vitamins you gotta go back to the pharmacy. Part you've already clearly clear. There now we're in search for a half. LOAF i just tore a whole, loaf and so THEN i find a half, lope and she, goes they don't have the honey, wheat And i'm, like you're living it. On you want a half? Floap we found?
Speaker 4: One, yeah you know you don't have a big it's not it's not honey, wheat, said it's a half loap and wheat. Bread how about this white? BREAD i really like the honey. Wheat there's no half flour of honey.
Speaker 3: Wheat would you just like to have? THIS i Guess greg would have found the honeywheed out. Here rick made. Me we're taking. AWAY i go back to. This you're on her grocery, run not. YOURS i. Know she kept saying that he keeps trying to take.
Speaker 15: Over that was over the.
Speaker 5: Line when you just ate half the loaf.
Speaker 9: In the store just to get through.
Speaker 3: It over the.
Speaker 4: Line you know What chris And rose had already. Buttered, no that's not WHAT i, Want, RICK i want the. Original, Okay oh so these are not okay running on that's.
Speaker 2: Right this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 14: Show Go, Go Go coo.
Speaker 2: Go get a signed copy Of rick's new, Book Men Don't run in The rain For Father's day by going To themanchurch Dot.
Speaker 3: Com thanks for being with.
Speaker 4: Us if you want to sign copy of the new, Book Men Don't run in The, rain the cutoff Is june the, ninth BUT i will tell you, This i'm actually going to sign some again. Today so if you want to go ahead and get that done and we'll go ahead and ship it out to you, today be a good day to do it BEFORE i get over there later. Today if you're gonna get signed, copies though you can't do that Through amazon or any other, platforms use the links that we have At rickburgessshow dot, Com themanchurch dot com Or burgessministries dot. Com but be sure you're finding the red link that says click here for a signed. Copy and if you've done, That i'm going to sign again. Today and we have hundreds of them that have already gone out and another three hundred and something so or so going out, today so And i'll sign some more and send them out. Tomorrow so if you want to get involved in, that or you want that By Father's, day happy to do it. Today some interesting stories IF i Say mary Lou, rihttin what images come to?
Speaker 3: Mind The olympics plus when she didn't have health insurance and was bad sick never did them. Stories, yeah speaking to go fund, me would you, say would you Say? Americana oh, yeah, yeah not gonna like this mar from what eighty Four? Olympics yeh, yeah you're not gonna like. This oh, no what do you?
Speaker 4: Do mary Lou rutting fifty seven arrested ON Doui. George uh, oh she must have got feeling uh oh yeah In West Greg, Well.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying she must have got the feeling. Better, Well i'm talking about she'd been. Sick and then if you ride, around knock for you, back you're you know you're Not you're not.
Speaker 9: Late.
Speaker 4: Sick says that this happened on the seventeenth Of, may but it's just now been made public In Marion. County driving under the influence of alcohol controlled substances are. Drugs this is according to The West Virginia Court. System she was released after posting a fifteen hundred dollars. Bond, wow did not see that coming From merrily written she was.
Speaker 5: On dancing with The stars.
Speaker 3: TOO i Guess i'm sure she is mister t mother.
Speaker 5: Mother there is no.
Speaker 3: Right gesus your mama, right don't drink it, Drive.
Speaker 4: So she said best known for two perfect ten scores at the eighty Four olympics weeks after knee. Operation she has battle health issues in recent years That greg pointed, out but, apparently he says she's feeling. Better, WELL i mean we did in the store pneumonia in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Three that's. It that's the one that almost got, her almost got her right. There remember she didn't have health, insurance so they had fun go fund. Me that's the last story we, did the one similar to to, speedies but hers raised two hundred thousand dollars in a. DAY i could pay off the.
Speaker 4: Trip uh, FAMILY i didn't remember, This, Greg do you remember her family drew a little criticism for not clarifying where the donations were.
Speaker 3: Going oh really it was.
Speaker 4: Medical well it says she claimed she had no, insurance but they didn't really clear. Up here's what we did with the money kind of. Thing, NOW i don't think there's anything wrong with. That but, Apparently, uh driving under the.
Speaker 3: Influence saying becuse she was on the balance, beam she should have walked the. Line, yeah she could have turned the. FLAIL i was nearly arrested, once BUT i just told the, OFFICER i just can't physically do. THIS i mean completely. Sober AND i told you about my foot, injury you, know back in navy suit and uh because you played little ball right and he took you right downtown did BUT i passed the. Breathalyzed that was. GOOD i was there one leg. UP i was pulling for, you, Man thank you so. Much thank.
Speaker 4: You Greg swimmer breaks record to protect sharks ahead Of jos's fiftieth.
Speaker 3: Anniversary this is a line that is about as dumb as it. Gets we need to make peace with. THEM i. DON'T i don't think you.
Speaker 4: CAN i think we could come up with a great peace, planning AND i don't think the shark. Knows wait a, minute we want to make peace with.
Speaker 5: YOU i tell.
Speaker 3: HIM i, said we'll go ahead. ON i want to Make you're gonna be in. PIECES i got to watching that SHOW i always. Pray you ever watched? That What's?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 9: YEAH i gotta watch that this.
Speaker 3: Weekend, yeah, man. Alligators we have an alligator story. Today this one woman got a, moose gotter? Moose, Yes greg isder down woodpile trying to are.
Speaker 5: You still pray if you're a? Moose are you still pray if you're a.
Speaker 3: Moose, yeah that's a little bit of. You ever seen a moose get the. Leg he's not trying to eat. YOU a little, different PRAY i kill. You THAT'S i was attacked by an. Animal always.
Speaker 10: Pray, yes, okay you're, Right but when you're getting your skull crushed, in you're going to think you're the.
Speaker 3: Prey but it's. Not that's not.
Speaker 4: Animal that's not on. Prey, yeah the show is being prey. Predators it's not a. Predator moose is not a. Predator well it tore, Up, well that would be under a. SHOW i was attacked by an. Animal animals, attack that's what you.
Speaker 3: Want, there you. Go we have to worry that.
Speaker 10: Show the REASON i printed that is is that that ridiculous, headline but also that the fiftieth anniversary is coming up Of.
Speaker 4: Jaels, yeah you want to feel. OLD i remember you remember THAT i wouldn't know enough to get. IN i think it was ready to r and a friend of my older sister took. Us that scared me to. Death oh at the wrist the Downtown.
Speaker 3: Aniston it was a.
Speaker 4: Dump THEN i had to tell. YOU i had to tell myself so many TIMES i had he didn't have to add.
Speaker 26: That he didn't have to add it was a dump, Then, okay it was already dumping the, Seventies, GREG i had to tell myself walking down boozs or drive a short can get.
Speaker 3: You and WHEN i went water skin in the river, later same. Thing i'd look behind. Me oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah by the, Way johns was JUST pg yes because back then they didn't HAVE pg, thirteen so it WENT GPG r oh. H so it was probably much more of A pg thirteen style movie, Then.
Speaker 3: Greg how about.
Speaker 4: This it's A British South african, athlete he, SAID i decided to do this after a bunch of people came when our farm killed all of us and took it away from.
Speaker 3: Us, right all, right go In South. Africa we all know it.
Speaker 4: Is i've seen the video of. That so he's making peace with. SHARKS i would like him run me down here that how you do that to make peace with the. Shot he's going to break a swimming, record so we can all decide to make peace with the.
Speaker 3: Shark you know, WHAT i wouldn't going to you broke that. Record Now i'm all, In Now i'm. In now you're my.
Speaker 4: Friend Caitlin clark missing two. Weeks, SPEEDY i know you were upset about this quiet. INJURY i know you're a big w n B a. Fan and how about That Park.
Speaker 3: Oh the only player anybody's ever heard? Of that, Right SO i know a lot of you care about the w N B. A i don't know if you about on this. Show Does? Speedy does that makes? ME i don't want.
Speaker 5: To i'm more of A Britney grinder.
Speaker 3: Fan that's.
Speaker 5: Hilarious she was the one that was.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 5: Prisoner it just was so.
Speaker 3: Uncomfortable we just had to give ourselves a.
Speaker 5: Moment we have a lot in, Common thank, You. Greg, yes that's.
Speaker 3: TRUE i can't say BECAUSE i don't even Watch Men's. Basket both look the same. Shirtless. Okay in, fact her voice is deeper than. Yours she makes you sound like a. Girl, yeah she had a bad. Week be our liner, Guy she had a bad.
Speaker 5: Week she was about to do an interview on the court, side and then she just stepped away from the interview to yell at the ref and.
Speaker 3: Curse at the. Ref who did?
Speaker 5: That Britney?
Speaker 3: Grinder, okay might have been a bad.
Speaker 2: Call she, SAID i didn't like.
Speaker 5: It she, said be. Better be blanking.
Speaker 4: Better, Also Jackson dark. SPEEDY i know we can't talk about. Him oh, man, no, hey he's good with the. Giants said he was going to try to go for the number two, jersey but the defensive, back the defensive, back Deontaey, banks wants too much money for.
Speaker 3: It, yeah he said the price tack was too.
Speaker 17: Much i'm.
Speaker 4: OUT i was gonna buy the number, two but the price he. Wants you got a little speedy.
Speaker 3: In, Yeah i'm a dark. Fan late you, WELL i think you probably have a limit on what you'll, spend and that was too.
Speaker 4: Much that's the rookie. Contracts he did get sixteen. Million, yeah So i'm pretty good. Contract but it's over in. Years it's not he's not getting all that right, right top of.
Speaker 2: The, Hour this is The Rick Burgess. Show louted with caffeine and ready for another. Hour this is The Rick Burgers.
Speaker 14: Show thank You.
Speaker 4: AMERICA a lot to cover and we've hit a bunch of. It you miss some of the show, today not a, Problem not a. Problem just simply go To rickburgessshow dot. Com you can watch the daily, archive or you can listen to the daily. Archive adler puts that together for you every single, day so you never have to miss one moment of The Rick Burgess, show or go back and listen to things you'd like to hear, again or or watch something you want to watch. Again, Speedy Greg adler all here for a brand new. Hour we have our guests in the box. Seats next, segment two of them will go head to head Into burgess ball. Battle, also we have something going on that was a little bit uncomfortable if we were all. Honest anytime family comes to, work it's a bit of, anxiety but angst yeap and So adler's dad and his uncle were. Here Hey, dad There's Michael. Evain Hey, michael how are, you? Buddy i'm, great good to see. You thor thanks. Man ready to put these on if you? Can, yeah sure you want to you and you just follow it if it's too loud to your. Headphones but you're probably like most of us that have been around. Music, here ears are, Over CAN i?
Speaker 3: Mute?
Speaker 4: Chris, so we we saw something that met us all. Uncomfortable you provided for the new design of the studio a piece of cedar or.
Speaker 3: Something what was?
Speaker 5: That, yes?
Speaker 3: Cedar it was.
Speaker 4: Very nice and you you probably came in, today probably talking to your brother in, law excited about him seeing.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: Right, YEAH i actually looked ready to gesture that. Direction and when you looked over, there your cedar log is.
Speaker 6: Gone, yeah absolutely. Gone there's no sign of. It there's no no pieces of, wood no, bark, nothing just to steel post back in, there the one we took. Out we worked really hard to take that. OUT i saw, brackets, screws the Whole, yeah so.
Speaker 3: Hard so uh.
Speaker 4: So we didn't realize till we all were, here which is always awkward that Maybe dadler did not know what his Son adler had. Done AND i think you asked an uncomfortable, question where's my cedar?
Speaker 3: LOG i?
Speaker 6: DID i, said where's the cedar? Log BECAUSE i knew that The chris sent me a picture of some Some, Okay i'll give you. This there was some, sawdust a little pile at the, bottom and you recognize that as probably not my, sawdust because we cleaned it all up and something else caused that saw.
Speaker 3: Us you talk at the bugs you brought in, here there might have been some insects and in the in.
Speaker 5: If you're watching on YouTube when we're talking about part of the, console my dad helped me.
Speaker 3: Out it looked.
Speaker 5: Cool it was a nice log, look but at the base of it was.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: THERE i noticed there was some dust when we first installed it.
Speaker 3: Out our out of our woods with you as in, mind and SO i.
Speaker 5: Vacuum measurement around. It and THEN i look again like AND i, realized like two weeks, later, oh there's a whole nother pile of. Sawdust and then SO i take a closer look at, it and it looks like. This it looked like a cheese. Grater the amount of holes that were in that in that bark because we brought bugs in. Here see there there are two things you could have.
Speaker 6: Done you could have eradicated it, completely the whole lag out and not tell your dad about. It or you could use in sect. Deicide people have a thing called. Insecticide you just, Sprayed, OK A rk would be very disappointed in.
Speaker 3: You so you threw the whole thing?
Speaker 5: Out it was it had it.
Speaker 3: Was you could have what he said we.
Speaker 4: COULD i walked by one day AND i did a double take BECAUSE i remember the cleeder being, there because you, know we.
Speaker 3: Beautiful oh, yeah this smaller, one you. KNOW i was fired. Up THEN i look and it was back to. Normal and AND i went and. Asked he, said oh you had.
Speaker 5: Bugs, okay the day you told me about.
Speaker 6: IT i have a second one at the at the house in my, shop waiting because there are two posts right, there one just asking for another another.
Speaker 3: POST i go back AND i just soak that. THING i just the one that's my. House is you?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah And i'm watching it now waiting for more little piles and there are. None so you should have donated.
Speaker 5: That you should have done that with the first.
Speaker 3: One would you do with?
Speaker 5: IT i threw it in The it's probably still sorting right out.
Speaker 11: Here are you?
Speaker 5: Serious it's probably still sitting out.
Speaker 9: THERE i.
Speaker 5: Read franklin the turtles all hanging. Out it's just a little pile of.
Speaker 3: Dust that's.
Speaker 5: It down to a baseball, bat, now that's.
Speaker 3: True or a.
Speaker 5: Toothpick, yeah, okay but LOOK i told you about.
Speaker 11: This no you.
Speaker 3: Didn't you didn't tell.
Speaker 5: Me you just threw it to. Us speaking OF, Rfk my, goodness clear your. Throat do you need a drink of? Water what's going? On i've Been i've been breathing in. Sexticide, so by the, way my dad's nickname you, know you got gramp gramp and pop pop and all that. Stuff my dad chose the Name. THOR i love, that which is so, obnoxious the. One, no you can bet you that, Exactly, greg what do you what do You? Poppy Papa? Papa, okay my Dad's thor and my brother works for a tool company by the, way and they have all kinds of things under their, umbrella And thor is actually one of those. Companies and so that's why my dad has A thor shirt. On he didn't just go make.
Speaker 3: It so it's almost Like god knew what you were going to do about it the.
Speaker 6: Shirt i'm From, minnesota AND i, was you, know and there there your name is Grandpa. MIKE i mean in The, midwest people don't get flashy about. Stuff come down here and all of our friends find out we're going to have we're gonna be grandparents for the first, time and the first question asked is what's your name going to. Be i'm going that's the dumbest. Thing i'm not going to Be, papa poopy. Whatever you, know, well it is going to Be. Grandpa, no you can't do, That SO i am. HARASSED i found it speedy don't bring it.
Speaker 3: Back, Friends now what do you do?
Speaker 1: There you, go THAT'S.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 6: Preserved it looks, still it looks. Excellent it's a little beaten. Up we got a wall of, wood so there's a little white rim all.
Speaker 3: EGGS i was. THINKING i was Thinking dadler could take it home and.
Speaker 6: Spry, Yes i'll take it. BACK i brought you your batter bowl this, morning by the. Way you, know the the banana pancakes you make at our.
Speaker 3: House, YEAH i brought that. Back so before before the wood came.
Speaker 5: In you can see the.
Speaker 3: Holes so you were Telling america that rick it fell on your forehead and. Fell NOW i got bugs in my, hair, yeah my beautiful.
Speaker 5: Hair anxiety about that being in here right?
Speaker 3: Now all?
Speaker 4: Right so so you you said when you found out in The southern, culture you just get to pick your grandparent. Name that's when you opened the door to this.
Speaker 6: Name, well, yeah one, day you guys Know, cynthia And cynthia just can be, abrasive you, know you just in your face AND i, Said, cynthia IF i get to, PICK i just came up one. DAY i, said IF i get to, Pick i'm going With Thor and she, says you can't go With.
Speaker 5: Thor, oh, no you get to. Pick so you, know if the rules are wide, OPEN i get to.
Speaker 3: Pick i'm going With.
Speaker 6: Thor AND i was, joking of, course but our kids played my played my hand and Taught, lily our firstborn, grandchild so one of her first words Was, Thor so now you're In, YEAH i. Was she was three year three years. Old when we were taking a little walk AND i was holding her. Hand she, said, Hey thor said, Yeah, lily what she, said you, know a superhero copied your. NAME i know.
Speaker 4: You're going to have to be a superhero to keep these bugs off out of. Here i'm going on my leg right. Now why would you bring that nasty bog in?
Speaker 3: HERE i don't. Know was it just some of that bush out?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 18: Now he threw it all like you, Said, YES i told YOU i had to get it out of. Here got a, wall go put in your. VAN i think he could not go in the.
Speaker 2: VAN i think he.
Speaker 3: Could you could probably dip it or spray it and be.
Speaker 18: Fine it's been in the woods for three, away it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be.
Speaker 5: Throw the rotten wood, away your. DAD i saw him on his hands AND.
Speaker 3: I was UNDER i was on my back for about two. Hours. Nasty we're gonna put it the, words, yes why?
Speaker 7: Not we have.
Speaker 5: To it's got bark, beetles for heaven's. Sakes, yeah and there's what.
Speaker 3: Everywhere. Yeah remember the new studio design was completely taken over by. Beetles, yes that's, bad that would be.
Speaker 5: Bad you think they're in here? NOW i hope.
Speaker 6: Not i've been looking at you have listeners who know the word. POWER i think it's called, powder post beetle or. Power, yes, yes but those are the ones that make that a little. Hole the, man they can take over a whole whole.
Speaker 5: Thing we got it in here in the, get we'll take. It i'm putting my trust back. Home it'll be back here in two.
Speaker 4: Weeks What i'm.
Speaker 5: DOING i trust that, man just Why i'm a. Hoarder i'm GONNA i Trust i'm not you when it comes back, side and then some lacquer on that thing. On trust that.
Speaker 3: Guy i'm, ripped my, Grandpa i'm.
Speaker 2: RiPP here's The Rick Burgess show doing what he was born to, Do The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show and here we, Go, america thanks for being with us again today for a brand new.
Speaker 3: Show, okay so let me let.
Speaker 2: Me point to a.
Speaker 3: Product THIS i mean game. Changer game. Changer, uh you, know anytime.
Speaker 4: We're searching for you know who we're going to partner with here on this, show we're looking for game. Changers Relief factor has definitely been. That relief Factor all natural for. Botanicals we've been researching these botanicals apparently for a long.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 4: Uh but when they were doing some, Research Jerry mixon and his, bunch they were, like you know what what if we put all these botanicals, together, uh and you took them all at the same, time what would be the? Result since they both have shown signs of helping the body and its natural inflammatory. Response if your, problem if the foundation is, Inflammation, uh here comes the avengers of of. Inflammation Relief factor dot Com all, natural four, botanicals one natural research based. Formula now the majority of the people like me who take, it you do see a. Difference but it's not gonna happen. Overnight it's not masking. Pain, okay we're talking about getting to the root of the problem and here's the good news and then getting rid of it for. Good so Relief factor Dot com three weeks nineteen ninety. Five you'll know inside those three weeks whether this is gonna work for you or. Not AND i hope you're like the majority of, us it's going to work for you as. Well so go to relief factor dot. Com relief factor dot com let us know how it, goes and also look for that link At Rick Burgess show dot com under. Sponsors it's time for A Burgess ball, Battle, SPEEDY i need, names and you just tell me the names That greg has. Drawn you now have them as you head over to the court for The Burgess ball. Battle the winner will go to the wheel either winning a bundle having to be entertained by a, bit or.
Speaker 3: They will win.
Speaker 4: Bucks AND i will say that On, friday five hundred dollars went out of. Here uh and so the the will seems to be hot. Again uh So, speedy who will?
Speaker 3: Battle? Okay uh we?
Speaker 10: Uh Uncle Greg drew drew two, names And John Magnuson boy was drawn And Savannah williams was.
Speaker 5: Drawn bless.
Speaker 3: Mind yeah we're having hard time with that. Mic that MIC's really oh, boy really cutting?
Speaker 11: Up all?
Speaker 3: Right so, yes, yeah all kinds of all kinds of. Noise let me see, now is that, yes, okay yeah right, there, yep that's. GOOD i won't touch it. Now who is it? Again it Is John magnuson And Savannah. Williams all, right there we. Go, okay there we.
Speaker 4: Go John magnuson will take On Savannah. Williams we uh we did have a woman beat our mail On. Friday, yep so it has, happened so. Speedy we're now waiting.
Speaker 10: On here we, go, y'all y'all hang, on no touching each other. There, okay we're elbowing a little. Bit ye are y all?
Speaker 3: Ready here we go and start.
Speaker 10: Think, Okay savannah And John john to the, Left savannah to the. Right it is two to, Two savannah is, Uh savana sis six to. Four, savannah it's.
Speaker 3: Eight it's.
Speaker 7: Eight it's eight to.
Speaker 3: Six savannah Over. John it is still eight to. Six goes ten to. Six savannah Over.
Speaker 5: John foteen seconds, left it's twelve to.
Speaker 3: Six good. Jaceus it's fourteen to.
Speaker 2: Six last ten.
Speaker 3: Seconds everything counts as. Three now it's fourteen to. Nine savannah is gonna win. This it's. Seven it's twenty to. Nine savannah's making him like. It it's twenty three to. Nine savannah.
Speaker 5: Wins it wasn't Even john Increasing.
Speaker 4: And now we turn on the wheel of bundles bits and Buddy john was worried about his friends giving him a hard. Time, Today i'm afraid we didn't dodge. That all, Right So, savannah here's how it.
Speaker 3: Works, money, money, money. Money you've earned the right to spend this. Wheel but you must say it's will to. Me it's will to.
Speaker 4: Me now when you say it's will to, you you, go it's will to. Me spend, money and then we'll see what what the old will gives. You, ready all, right let's hear you got to really say it loud To.
Speaker 3: Here we, go here's your. Spend here comes a, span watch. Out all, right here we got here it comes to. Spin will's low, today she's very. Nervous here we.
Speaker 16: Go what's gonna, happen what's gonna? Happen what does the will? Will it's All?
Speaker 3: Greg, oh why DO i feel like we're gonna hear About george straight? Again, yea this means that just means we have to. Hear greg, Comments, yeah it's so close to and it's so. Close what's? About what's grabbing my? Bud y'all bought toothpaste. Lately.
Speaker 4: NO i stood there for thirty minutes the other. Day when we were growing, up you Had, cres you Had. Colgate, LOOK i, said well that's, white and well that's THREE d.
Speaker 3: Whitn't well that's.
Speaker 4: Tartar well that's. EVERYBODY i don't have no idea what to pick As i'm tired of. It AND i almost said the WORD i ain't gonna, say BUT i.
Speaker 5: DID i stood there for thirty.
Speaker 3: Minutes just trying to pick. Toothpaste all, Right so we don't need to go back to where it. Was you Had, colgate you Had. Cres so both of them, regular both. Regularly what about would you be got into a jail on the?
Speaker 4: Paste, well you got, jail you got, paste you got, tartar you got, bacon. Soda don't forget that when it's in there.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 3: OKAY i don't know what to get that, one not called health or. Something, okay all, Right so that that's that kind of feed me.
Speaker 4: On how about you Beat you've beat somebody in burgess ball battle and you just have to hear What greg's might.
Speaker 3: About but that's that's how it.
Speaker 5: Is i'd like to say it.
Speaker 3: Away So john now what we. Did this is the crew. Part you, lost but we still want to see what you would have.
Speaker 20: Won.
Speaker 4: Yep, okay so you say it's not will to me and then you. Spent it's, okay got, ME i.
Speaker 9: Got, here we.
Speaker 3: Go, savannah by the, way had a, good good shot you.
Speaker 9: Did, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'll see what happened With Big. John, okay, okay you would. HAVE i would have got A blaze team.
Speaker 5: Membership that's not.
Speaker 4: Bad almost a, turkey that's you, know it's you, know it's it's on The, man un, filtered.
Speaker 3: Unlimited so so that's. It so that wasn't so. Bad, no it wasn't bad at. All but a year subscription To BLAZE tv did Not it would have been you didn't. Win you didn't win because you didn't. Win So, savannah, Beachy, sannah.
Speaker 4: Congratulations so you'll get to have your picture made with the trophy THAT i broke On, Friday, yes, yeah and also we'll take it back from me and not let you.
Speaker 6: Have.
Speaker 10: Yeah he talked about you breaking that trophy a, lot he. Said he, said have you ever seen something about to happen and it looks like it's in slow? Motion he, SAID i Saw rick losing a grip on that trophy and it falling like it was in slow motion and when it hit it just, SO.
Speaker 3: I hate that that.
Speaker 4: Happened, uh AND i think super glue can help, us Or god, forbid we just get another.
Speaker 3: Trophy, YEAH i think somebody brought. That we didn't even get.
Speaker 17: It, no that's.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah oh and by the, Way chris got one with scope in. It chris has got one's got scope built. In yeah that and hung me up almost one of. That so we uh we thank you guys for being here in the box seats.
Speaker 4: Today So John, Magnuson Samanna, Williams Tammy magnuson's, here and Another John magnis, Yeah John, harvey, Yeah John. Harvey but none of them want to take the big boy.
Speaker 11: Mike.
Speaker 4: Uh one of The johns, SAID i don't want my friends to make fun of, me but you got to come, up and then he.
Speaker 3: Gets beat in the burgess ball by so so in the mew moles will come up.
Speaker 4: Now i'm afraid you're gonna pay the price today, Anyway and thank you for the wonderful food you brought.
Speaker 3: Today it's. Fantastic, yes, yeah you haven't got any of that fellas you need To, OH i am all. Right we'll come. Back we have more to do before we're, done much more to, do and we'll run those. Down we may get another round of phone calls in before the hour is.
Speaker 4: Over we will see but more of The Rick Burgess show and some of the stories we haven't quite gotten to.
Speaker 3: Today we'll hit those when we return right after.
Speaker 2: That this is The Rick Burgess. Show he doesn't have A. Cd he just likes things to be a certain. Way Rick, courcious.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us, Today. America we have covered a.
Speaker 4: Lot if you missed, it go back and grab those archives, today either on the YouTube channel or the podcast, channel.
Speaker 3: Or some combination of both of.
Speaker 4: Them, also we've an active week coming. Up Andy andrews back, Tomorrow Be true OR bs for A chance at The will again. Tomorrow multiple opportunities.
Speaker 3: For, you the viewers and the, listeners so be ready for.
Speaker 4: That coming up this, Weekend we've got another episode Of Strange, encounters the brand new podcast With BLAZE tv about spiritual.
Speaker 3: Warfare thanks for your feedback on.
Speaker 4: That, wow a lot of emails coming into a third episode coming out this, Weekend episode three Of tales from the Camp house dropped over the, weekend and now as it, ends you're getting ready for This friday's next, episode which will be the actual.
Speaker 3: Fishing part of.
Speaker 4: It you saw the setup and the pregame of that with episode, FOUR i mean episode, three and now episode, four which will be part two of The Burgess Bass battle us actually, fishing and then there's another episode coming of the actual fish.
Speaker 3: Fry so enjoy that wherever you get all of your dear.
Speaker 4: Diferent to, content but, these of course are, exclusive some of them to our are almost In facebook our YouTube, channel including tales from the Camp, house that's all on our YouTube channel, Only so enjoy. That so a couple of things we need to also hit before we're done. Today, SPEEDY i know, This this may be you Possibly Adler. GREG i know that you probably.
Speaker 3: Did this in your.
Speaker 4: Driveway and that is The Memorial Day murph. Workout oh, Oh i've heard of.
Speaker 3: That do you remember?
Speaker 4: This it's based named after that uh ant of the guy from one of the guys that got killed in that. Movie, yep The Fallen Navy Seal Lieutenant Michael. Murphy AND i, remember you, know BEFORE i got to the point THAT i realized that now at my, AGE i can no longer be in a cross fit.
Speaker 3: CLASS i NEED i need individual. Help that's.
Speaker 4: Right anything any work out with the, name we. Discovered, yeah IF i had a person's name tied to, it.
Speaker 5: We Never we never.
Speaker 3: Tried.
Speaker 10: This know a few that, have and they're bad as because it would that that's, tough. Tough but anything with.
Speaker 3: A name like one we Did.
Speaker 10: ELIZABETH i did remember The, Elizabeth Karen. Karen and anytime they came in and you had a name behind it in honor of someone and this was their, workout it was not good.
Speaker 11: News.
Speaker 3: Ada you ever done THE.
Speaker 5: Murf i've never done The murph, Specifically.
Speaker 4: Oh, Man, RICK i can't believe you didn't set your goals this year to do. That, GREG i want you to KNOW i did work out yesterday at. Home uh and MY i did not complete THE. Murf but the WORKOUT i, DID i, said was four.
Speaker 3: Mirf does that?
Speaker 2: Count?
Speaker 4: Okay so, HERE i really want one more of those ham, rolls But i'm gonna not eat it in honor of, me try and do.
Speaker 3: Better thank, You. Greg how about? This don't eat another one in honor Of? Murph so, here buy in is one. Mile run one, mile get, started one hundred pull, ups, hundred two hundred push, ups three hundred, squats three, hundred and then run the mile. Again. Yeah now imagine running that after three hundred.
Speaker 4: Squads, yeah imagine. That imagine how those legs would. Feel, no, At i'm still imagining three hundred squats about who cares about the people do this with weighted? Vests OH i, know, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Know that's. Wow how about doing? IT i Think adler could do? It, YEAH i think he.
Speaker 5: COULD i, could but it would be, boy you're doing sets of pull. UPS i, Mean i'm you're doing. Four you're doing four pull ups and jumping down to. Rest and that's WHAT i would have to do straight.
Speaker 3: Up, yeah it take me a long.
Speaker 4: Time it would, yeah next. Year some of these things people do amazes. Me oh, Yeah NOW i told you this thing that have you heard about this thing That prime went to Speaking black.
Speaker 3: Crime he was showing me videos of. THAT a thousand, lunges, yeah one and then. Three there's no reason for one thousand. Lunges AND i know that that's. Assault now that this thing where people show but now here's the. Thing get you people show up for this thing because it's got a spiritual element to, it which is most. Important you better have.
Speaker 4: It but they're using the body being put into rest to get you to deal with things in your. Life i'm, over so they they got me at one. HUNDRED i don't have to go to a. Thousand But, greg there's people that show up for this thing that aren't even in. Shape oh, no and like everybody helps them do the thousand. Lunges kevin.
Speaker 3: Helping, you yoh. Yeah and it's it's all about bonding and all. THIS i, MEAN i get. That but WHEN i just go to, failure don't give me a, number right because it don't gonna take me long to get the. Failure so, anyway so those what they're.
Speaker 5: Worried, About i'm a failure right.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah go with. That another one big. Story heard y'all talking about it here with the vox. Seats.
Speaker 4: Uh and this one's going to come out of the state Of, alabama our home. State some of you pet people that are highly sensitive to pet. Things you might want to die that this bothers.
Speaker 3: Me this is. Terrible, yeah this is this is.
Speaker 4: Bad wanted might want to dial. Away, okay if you're, listening ye is, today don't don't? Everybody it was just shut her down At, More Alabama.
Speaker 3: More mm mmm.
Speaker 2: Hmm this is.
Speaker 4: Now CAN i guess his name's in the, story SO i. CAN i can say it, right it's public, knowledge, Right James williamson will now Be he's now made the top list of the most horrific acts of animal. Cruelty, ever, uh his chihuahua would not stop barking.
Speaker 3: On could have given him. Away probably a better way to, go drop him off At. Greggs do you want the newsman to say?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 5: Rix so you don't have?
Speaker 4: TO i think, so, yeah, okay don't you because it just seems like it's it's almost impossible to. Say even. ME i even have a hard time saying it. Though there's a weird side of me that, Wondered, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay there's a terrific animal cruelty, case and we want to warn you the allations are.
Speaker 5: Disturbing the Fat moore man's accused of killing a puppy after you put it in an.
Speaker 3: Oven golly that courtesy Of fox. Teams so it was a puppy. TOO i didn't know that you better keep it out on that. GUY i thought it was an adult, chiuabba which is bad but not as bad as a. Puppy, Right, yeah you better keep your eye on that. Guy, YEAHS i don't trust. HIM i want to watch out for this.
Speaker 5: Guy we want to hear the rest of the.
Speaker 3: STORY i don't think. So do we? Know it's one of the worst cases of animal abuse they've ever, seen and Our Natalie williamson has this. STORY i can't. Know see the word, here there's the word? Good, yeah, YEAH i do you? Agree you gotta watch this guy if you would do. That That's dahmer. Style it. Is it is in the.
Speaker 4: Head these people eventually are dangerous to. Humans they really are probably. Already, no, wow it's.
Speaker 3: Mugshot oh, wow mm, HMMM i do want to see. That, okay what is he holding a? Fart what did you just? Say i'm sorry he had.
Speaker 9: Like.
Speaker 3: That it looks like that way you may be on the. Sun.
Speaker 4: Uh back over to the Animal kingdom and giving him a few. Points, today man bit by alligator is shot dead by cops during wild drug fueled. RAMPAYS i mean time. Out he was once bitten by an. Alligator he wasn't like bitten by the, alligator and then the police shot. Him don't, Know, Greg i'm. Afraid i'm. Afraid, now this is when your day just you're just first of, all you shouldn't Break. OKAY A florida man was shot dead by police after he emerged from alligator infested waters after being bitten by the.
Speaker 3: Alligator, okay so you're getting bit by the. Alligator why you're in? There you're in you're in the, water all, Right, okay like, that you come out and get gunned down by police as soon as you.
Speaker 4: Survived they were after for uh trying he was trying to access his gun once he came up out of the.
Speaker 3: Water he can't do. That we're talking about meth. Charges.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uh well he was someone they were. Chasing he somehow got off in the croc in the. Water, yeah got Bit ye gets away from the croc just enough time to be shot by.
Speaker 3: Police. Yeah someone someone said that they shot by the police and the. Croc give, ME i. Agree.
Speaker 4: Uh they said they responded to a call that he was somewhere acting. Horrible it was a racetrack convenience store or at a, racetrack which one is that means convene story a literal racetrack a, racetrack the gas. Station, okay, thought oh, shake he was. Shaking he was, shaking asking to call his. Son Uh so police got there look at, that and he, right and once he, that he quit holding the. Part but once they got, there they he became difficult to deal. With and he said they tried to give a life vest to him when he jumped in the, LAKE i guess running from, them and he.
Speaker 3: Passed he took a pass on the life. VEST i got, this and he was treading.
Speaker 4: Water then then then he said he growled when being approached because he's so. HIGH a meth one alligator approached and bit his, arm which made him want to get out of the. Water, obviously so he gets bit by an, alligator comes out of the water and attempts to go to his gun and gets and gets.
Speaker 3: Killed so they went from him and throw a life reserver to shooting. Him yeah that's. Right well yeah we.
Speaker 4: Went you talk about the turn of, events the police throwing you a life preserved to.
Speaker 3: Shooting so now we got one alligator that's now on myth bit his. Arm that's, true they. Did so he's going nuts against some two good? Stories was this called good?
Speaker 5: Story.
Speaker 3: Pile, well feel good. Story, yeah he was. Shot he did not survive the. Shooting oh, yeah well they took him. Out they just wing him right now that it hadn't been bit by an. Alligator they took him out so. Speedy this kind of goes into your problem. Here shoppers At walmart are left stunned after realizing products have secret codes hidden within. Them did you see this? One it's kind of like, you, buddy it.
Speaker 4: Says they're saying that they have different great value products and that there are some codes that are.
Speaker 3: Hidden and he what's? That he, said it's supposed, to it.
Speaker 4: Said the, tech which saves shoppers the time spent searching for bar codes on items itself, checkout was introduced in twenty. Nineteen but, people it's it's very similar to what you're talking, about where they, can you, know they can figure out what how much everything, costs but it's hidden. There and it's like people are, like, wait this thing is just putting a number up here on the.
Speaker 3: Screen where's the? Barcone?
Speaker 5: Right oh, wow it's, invisible, invisible invisible.
Speaker 3: Bar cos it's very similar to what you were talking.
Speaker 5: About and to stop to make it more difficult for shop, list but steal by pretending to scam. Scan then so you pretend to scan, it but then you end up in a bark up there you.
Speaker 3: Go all, right we'll be. Back we'll take your phone calls to wrap up the.
Speaker 2: Hour this is The Rick Burgess. Show get on the. Show no but call a one eight eight eight six big.
Speaker 4: Box, yeah that means we're gonna do unscreen phone calls wrapping up this.
Speaker 3: Hour come On. America so much has been discussed.
Speaker 4: Today you should have a lot to comment, on ask, questions whatever the case may. Be all ten lines just opened and you can join. Us, okay so everything that you might have missed, today be sure and catch you on the daily. Archives, also do you want to mention coming up next? Week uh this will be the seventh and eighth Of. JUNE i have the honor of being At First Baptist church In, Seminole. Texas Uh so that'll be coming up next. Week if you'd like to be part of that men's events on That saturday, night and THEN i speak at two services coming up on That. Sunday so find those details at themanchurch dot com under. Events let's get. Started Uh, So, hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone calls are. Underway go, ahead.
Speaker 5: Show one on.
Speaker 3: One that's that's. Good you can tell the people that didn't get to do that on. Front, yeah the fun To, holiday they didn't get to do. That that's.
Speaker 4: Right lines are. Open you can join us. Now unscreen phone. Calls, hello you're on The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show go, ahead Rig Is, hambone, Heyby Hey.
Speaker 9: Sreedy sreedy got a question for. You, yes, SIR i Using uber as somebody that is a full Time uber. Driver were you more of the nine percent of one? Percent and WHAT i mean is did you temperate not tip your? Drivers?
Speaker 11: Oh, NO i?
Speaker 3: Tipped, Yeah, No and really they.
Speaker 10: Don't, Yeah AND i will say this every you, know they give you three. Suggestions they give you three. SUGGESTIONS i always tip the Highst.
Speaker 9: It's the world needs to understand that we're not here to Do we're here to do a. Service but when people get in my vehicle and tell me that my car steaks because they just got to smoking a joint before they got, in that's not stuff like that is what gets us in.
Speaker 3: Trouble so hawm, ony you're saying only one percent of the people.
Speaker 9: TIP i could go back and look over my last two thousand rides AND i may have had only twenty twenty people. Tip, wow.
Speaker 5: EVERYBODY i hope this is a p S a for all the.
Speaker 9: Listeners you, know make sure take care of your, people because we're taking care of. Y'all get you where you got?
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 4: Amen, YEAH i agree with. That and Ham, ON i love that email you sent of you not running in the. Range yeah that was kind of. Cool but, yeah the plus our experience was a good. ONE i mean that they all tried to get us there on. Time they were very.
Speaker 10: Pleasant, uh the conversation was, great and then there were times we just sat there and hung out and it was and so, YEAH i MEAN i.
Speaker 3: Tipped in other, words it wasn't like it was a terrible ride or. Something it was it was. Nice.
Speaker 10: Tip, WELL i, did LIKE i, said they at the, end there's three suggestions and it, says you, know go ahead and tip and then went and then we'll we'll notify them with your tip after the after the.
Speaker 3: Ride it was always the. Highest did you pick? Medium it was the, hot so a.
Speaker 5: Medium SO i can't believe THAT i assumed everybody tipped just a little, bit especially with something like that where it's like the variety of the service can it can vary so, greatly like, You i've had AND i have actually not tipped before because the guy was likable at, driving AND i had to be, like this is our, exit this is our. Exit we almost got in an, accident that kind of. Thing so in that, SITUATION i won't. Tip but every other time you, tip because it can be a horrible experience or it.
Speaker 3: Can be a good.
Speaker 10: One, right the, one, two, three four five we ubered five, times oh, boy five, Times, yeah and it was all. Great the best was, though was was from the restaurant to the. HOTEL i, MEAN i met a grandfather that that had a great. Story he would just talk to us and hang. Out did they get out of the just the? FEE i asked him about that because like the ride from because he wanted to, know huh, no, no he, well it was in, conversation he, SAID i asked. HIM i, said BECAUSE i noticed, that like there was one that had a little over two thousand rides one seven thousand and one was like twenty four, thousand like he had been doing this for a long. Time, Yeah and so we were riding from the restaurant to the, hotel and it was a it was a during right before RUSH i where he was trying to get us. Back it's about thirty five minute, ride and so the ride COST i think like thirty two dollars just for the. Ride and he asked, me he, said because BECAUSE i talked to, him you, know it was just. Calmsation and he said that they used to own a a like a convenience store and it went out of. Business and so he started doing this on the side DURING covid and it started picking up so much that he just started doing this full. Time how much they get out of the Feet so he said that if it was about thirty, two he'd get about twelve to fifteen dollars out of.
Speaker 3: That it was his cut plus plus the, tip is what he.
Speaker 10: Said now for some of, them there was one that was really close, by like from From Daley plaza To america What American Airline, Center it was like seven bucks because it was right down the, road and SO i, tipped you, know it was like the option was two four or five five bucks or.
Speaker 3: Whatever she's you know What i'm. Saying so they make it as much ask you for any MONEY i mean you you're nervous. Speed that's different than that. Experience, man you Had New york our drivers From, egypt, right all? Right you? Also, yeah by the, way on the he talked about Yellow, CAT i asked him where he is? FROM i, did you? Did i'll tell me about. That by the, way, great now you did say you, see you did say you drew the line you don't tip ice cream? Scoopers, Right, NO i think that that that should be. Included i'm, Sorry.
Speaker 5: Right that should be including the price of the ice, cream the scooping of.
Speaker 3: It, yeah, YEAH i mean WE i, TIP i, do but we get away with some of these things we. Did oh, Sure i'm.
Speaker 5: Read here That uber takes about a twenty five percent cut from the. Truck now the, tip they get one hundred percent of the.
Speaker 3: Tip, okay? Good Uh Hello Rick burgess show on scream phone calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 9: Hi this Is Makey.
Speaker 3: JONES i just wanted to Say i'm from the same town As savannah William.
Speaker 4: Savannah williams right here sitting here In okay talking about the ones that some one of The burgess ball.
Speaker 3: Champions, yeah your hometown's already your hometown's, frouday play a little. Ball i'm telling you get. Here Rick Burger. Show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, GUYS i was calling to comment about the uh The.
Speaker 3: Murph WHEN i.
Speaker 8: First got into cross, fit they should have scaled that down and that was my first one to.
Speaker 3: Do got hit with that rab. Though oh bless your, heart my, arm my.
Speaker 8: ARMS i could not extend my arms for three days.
Speaker 3: My first time in. There he told them in The murph ther in day.
Speaker 4: One how about. That that's A savannah are getting her hometown fired. Up you think those will put a sign out front home Of Savannah williams winner for The Burgess ball, battle.
Speaker 5: Right and lding this truck THAT i?
Speaker 3: Fixed you fixed?
Speaker 6: IT i.
Speaker 3: Didn't did you fix? IT i didn't put it on the scoreboard at the local high school football. Stadium there you go than the picture ever in THE. Gm greg Uh thanks for being with Us.
Speaker 4: America if you missed the show today catching mark As Lord, William we'll be back in.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow this is The Rick Burgess. Show h