Speaker 1: Where will Castillo go? Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books.
Speaker 2: It's me, Joey Pa Joe Piezapia with me today is the Welsh, and of course it's you.
Speaker 1: All of our listeners are watchers on the YouTube channel at Fantasy Pros MLB, and of course our peanuts are cracker Jacks, are Randos all over. Rowdy friends are here today and on the show, we're gonna start to take a look at the things we got right so far, the things we got wrong. How much time is there to turn things around? Or is the first half of mirage. We're gonna talk about the home run derby contestants, We're gonna talk about the headlines.
Speaker 2: But Welsh, I want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about Max Scherzer shutting down the Braves because I'm sure Spencer Strider is gonna stick it to him tonight. But I'm a little excited about that. The Max Shus are saying no, no, lets get.
Speaker 2: Me one more day. I wanted Landa.
Speaker 1: He is like w w E ready, he wants the main event. I love that about Max.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about your beautiful, sexy new lighting and the scented candles that are probably in the back and most likely the weekend playing. Uh as you bring some but in you know. But we can talk about Max shut. We can do whatever you want. Man, it's a baseball show, remember we got to talk about that. I do love the new light. Yeah, no, dude, you know that meme that's out there with everyone. Well, Zach Wilson is getting a lot of it right now. Wilson, he's got that dog in him. Max has got that dog in so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I wish Zach Wilson had a little bit more quarterback in him.
Speaker 2: But you know what you gonna do, you know. But yes, I had a we're doing a.
Speaker 1: Little test of some new lighting today, trying to you know, sexy up the show a little bit, as if it needed more.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: You're I mean, your sex appeal is uh, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Drip.
Speaker 1: The drip is real, my friend, the trip is real. I will have some cavasier it's some point in time during the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna do that type. Hey lady, yeah, love not the same loving that is not.
Speaker 1: Come on, baby, everybody left good loving. All right, Uh, let's get after it. Let's start with the headlines. Let's get away from the transition of the last I love it. I think it looks cool. I like it, and it looks super good on the high definition four K front which was not on right now. But this is this is what they work in progress and the test we're doing for NFL season. So if you want to get a look at what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: To say, what do I need to do here?
Speaker 2: Just what we do in the shadows coming up next? All right, let's get to Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's start with a report that apparently the Dodgers and the Reds have talked about a Louis Castillo trade. Uh. The Yankees, Red Sox, Mariners, Med's Cardinals have also all checked in no surprise on any of those teams. So let's start putting our money where our mouth is Welsh in your opinion, who pulls the trigger or should I say who needs to pull the trigger most? Who is going to get Luis Castillo? Two different questions, not necessarily the same answer.
Speaker 3: Ooh okay, So I think who needs him the most are the Mariners And I don't know if it was you and I or you are myself and Bogwin talking about this. But I definitely think the Mariners, on this precipice of you know, obviously just building this team and trying to be a playoff contender, they need to be hyper aggressive, like they need to make those moves if they're gonna be competitive. So I think they're the ones that need to make this movie, because then you would have a Robbie ray Logan, Gilbert Luis Castillo, or you know, if you wanted to insert Frankie Montos. We're talking about Castillo. They need to be hyper, hyper aggressive. The team that I think gets this done the Dodgers. The Dodgers have a plethora of great prospects in their system. Pitching is also the big key because I would imagine I could be wrong about this, but I would imagine the Reds are going to move off at Luis Castillo, They're going to want to bring a pitcher back in. Is very funny because these teams have also done trades before the Josiah Great trade that ended up happening, and the Reds had traded away you know, this really solid young pitcher and Josiah Gray that went to the Dodgers and ended up getting moved that they need to bring one back. And the Dodgers currently have Bobby Miller, who I think could be the centerpiece of a trade like this. Could be Bobby Miller and one other piece. They've got guys like Land and Nat Gavin Stone. They've got three great, great pictures, and I'm probably forgetting a couple off the top of my head, plus hitting prospects Michael Bush, Miguel Vargas, Andy Payos. So if it costs two prospects, the Dodgers can do it easier than anybody else in this entire conversation. So I think it's the Dodgers that make it happen. I think the Mariners need to make it happen.
Speaker 1: I think it's the Dodgers that are going to make it happen for the reasons you said too.
Speaker 2: They have the right mix of prospects.
Speaker 1: I also think it's the Dodgers that need to because I keep looking ahead the Gonsolin's eventual fall off, which I think is just inevitable. I look at Kershaw's iffy health, Walker Buehler, forget it, You're a I don't know if I can depend on him.
Speaker 2: They need more.
Speaker 1: Their expectations are so high. To me, it's World championship or bust for the Dodgers. They really need to get this one's.
Speaker 3: And also, you know, like how many times? How how many times can they strike gold with these other pictures, Like you know, they got Tayler Anderson, they got Gonsolin. Is it gonna be worthwhile if it's needed to put the backs on the rest of the season on a guy like Bobby Miller, No, probably not. And and Miller is relatively ready as is you know, Land and Nak these are two older, you know, high end triple A pitchers, So that that I agree with. I mean, you can make a case for the Dodgers maybe being the top need team of all of these because they're so good.
Speaker 1: I just make the case, right, I mean, yeah, I feel like in for the penny, in for the pound they are they need to make this move because I don't think I don't think when the Dodgers get in a short if the Dodgers had a short series starting tomorrow for the playoffs, I think the Mets with the gram and uh insurs are the Padres with their many many aces that they could throw at you, like, I mean, the the Brewer and all that frontline pitching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could throw you.
Speaker 3: I mean the Dodgers will be the Dodgers will theoretically they get Buehler back, maybe in time for the playoffs, so they want to give theoretically.
Speaker 2: Man, I do not feel good about getting war back. I really do. I think that one is just like.
Speaker 3: This is what's like odd to me. Still, And we've talked like briefly about trades and stuff. There are more teams out there, these competitive windows are very different. Like you just go all in and I and I hate the thought of, like if I were a Dodger fan trading away all my good prospects, But why not, Like you continuously replace your system. You have a great scouting department, as do teams like the Mariners and the Yankees. You just trade to make these impactful trades. Don't allow yourself to have a hole anywhere when you're going into the playoffs. And that's why you make these moves. And pitching is the ultimate You know, these guys are gonna pay, These guys are going to pay exponentially for relief pitching. Once that market starts to open up, why not start the market on all the pitching and make the big impact trade E.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Dylan Carlson three hits yesterday and Corningworth hit a homer, reach base four times against the Rockies. Man Bachiado hit me another home run. Hooray, yay, fish in the barrel A shot them all. Corey Seger hit another home run again. But boy, he's been red hot over the last week or so, Tigers said to recall on our favorites like kil Bado. On Tuesday, Nolan Jones four runs knocked in there for him again for the Guardians, and Bobby Witt had four hits and stole a base a lot more. Bobby Witt talked to come before we get.
Speaker 2: To that Nolan Jones.
Speaker 1: You know when he came up, we really didn't do any profile on Nolan Jones. It kind of came up in a busy time there. So your thoughts on Nolan Jones rest of season for those people who are looking at him or might have him on their team already and re draft leagues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a really good spot. Nolan Jones is an obp like magnet. That has always been his big thing. He struggled ironically as like he's just a big dude. I've been around him a whole bunch. He's he's struggled with like developing impactful power. That's something that you really haven't seen. In twenty twenty one, he hit the teen homers. Year before that he had hit fifteen, so you've never seen big, big stuff. But strikeout numbers are coming down. He's already rocking an eight eighteen percent walk rate. Big physical human being who could play over on the corners if needed. I'm actually here for Nolan Jones. The injuries have really kept him just like muted over the last couple of years, and then seeing him come back this year in TRIPA at absolutely get back to dominating. He was a contact hitter. He actually has it almost like a Goldie nature to him, where he's not a forceful power hitter. He's a good contact hitter that you're hoping it's going to translate into power. But he's been had so many injuries. I really do think he could be a guy like that, but he's more transitioned into the outfield, but he can play multiple spots. I actually think he's a sneaky pickup right now. He wasn't someone I had put on my radar because he lost like the whole season, the first half of the season, came up for twenty games I think in Triple A, and then now he's in the Major so like they were hyper aggressive with him, but it's pretty good rate. I would be looking at Nolan Jones because I think he could hit near the middle of that lineup. I think there's a.
Speaker 1: Big question here going around the chat from Brent Cox. Here are we hoping that Lance Linn makes a turnaround?
Speaker 2: I am. I know he doesn't look great. I know.
Speaker 3: Are we hope hope? You can hope in one hand?
Speaker 2: Are we hoping?
Speaker 3: Are we thinking?
Speaker 2: But let's let's.
Speaker 1: Dial back a little bit and let's talk about you know, so far going into the year, he went into the year with an injury. He was completely off his normal track. Things have not gone well. There's been a couple of moments, some spurts from lanceln I'll start here or there where you go, okay, well, maybe if I need a pitching I think this is one of these guys.
Speaker 2: In the second half after the All Star Break that I've actually been trying to buy on the cheap. I really would.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, at least you know what good Lance Linn is and I mean perhaps the injury is still bothering him.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can make that argument. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But in terms of by low pitchers that you have a track record, I don't know how many are out there that are available, and I feel like this is a guy that fits that bill.
Speaker 2: I would roll the dice on Lanceln and see what happens. Where do you stand with let Well?
Speaker 3: I mean, so I want him to turn around. I don't know if I'm not really so sure he's going to turn around. I'm always into these. Okay, so here's an overchow.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the by low. Would you buy low?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the quest. If it's a true low I'll always take these type of risks because you actually laid it out really well. It's like these guys that have these really proven track records to be ace ish. I will buy low on if it is a true low cost, just because are we to really determined that the wall was just hit? I don't necessarily know so, but I am concerned and I would have to be really low. He's lost almost a mile and a half on his fastball. He's ditched the slider. Well, I shouldn't say ditch the slider. Fangrafts, they designate stuff weird where they're designating what was a slider last year is like a cutter, and then they're saying his slider has lost some v low so but still that's cut a little bit and he's just not getting it quite. His curveball's actually gone up, which is don't necessarily like to see. And he's been inconsistent across the board the half of his starts. He's given up five earned runs or more thirteen earned runs in his last two starts. You know, where are the positive signs? So if it's a cheat, by sure, I don't know if there's great stuff outside of track record that's telling us this will turn around, but I am willing to take risks on track record.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's also a matter of you know, maybe he gets a little reset mentally at the All Star break too. That is something that happens when you go look at splits of players every single year. You see splits, you're like, man, this guy stunk in the first half, and then look at the second half numbers.
Speaker 2: After the break.
Speaker 1: The pre impost is a real thing, and sometimes it's that mental break a little bit. It's the physical break, it's the mental break. I think this is a picture who has, you know, really earned my respect over the years. Everybody knows I'm a big fan of the physique as well when it comes to Lancelin. But at the same time, I feel like, if I'm gonna put my money on a bi low candidate, Lanceln's the exact kind of guy. The stock is hit rock bottom. He's on a good team, there's a track record of being good. I would be trying to buy him, and what's the worst that happened?
Speaker 2: You buy him low? It doesn't work out? Okay?
Speaker 1: A couple injury notes real quick, Jesus Lozardo facing live hitters today and Will Meyer starting rehab assignment today as well.
Speaker 2: But let's talk about this today. We're gonna do mine. Tomorrow, we're gonna do Welsh's.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the guys that we were most right and wrong about going into the season, and whether or not either of these trends both good or bad.
Speaker 2: Or sustainable. So let's talk about the el's first.
Speaker 1: These are the two guys that was most wrong about Trevor Rodgers most wrong. I thought there was a real chance this guy was gonna build on the first half of last year and how dominant he was.
Speaker 2: That has not happened.
Speaker 1: And then Brian Reynolds, who is now on the IL with an oblique so you know, obviously that season has not been where I wanted to be. I thought he was one of the best values. Those are two guys that was very in on coming into the season. I love their ADP could not have been more wrong on both. So I'm gonna ask this question, is there any time here left in the season for either of these two guys to turn it around or is it just an abject failure now eighty five games.
Speaker 2: Into the season.
Speaker 3: I'm over Trevor Rodgers. I'm done the Trevor Rodgers thon. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think like the lefty.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the big lefty mechanically steps to figure things out. Like I think that's what it is, you know, because we've seen that with Randy Johnson even back in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean Treva Rodgers, not Randy Johnson. But I'm one of those people though I don't ever write someone off completely like that. It's the story's completely done. But I'm over needing to sit around and figure out if it happens for me this year. I just don't need it. The strikeouts are crazy, a lovel the walks are absolutely insane. It's a pretty big home run rate for him, and this is now actually two years of pitching to a three hundred plus Babbitt. There's about a run differential between xt FIP and ERA, but it's still not good. I just don't I just don't think you need to sit around and doctor Glenn said it perfectly without a whole bunch of breakdown. Reynolds, Yes, Rogers, No, that's how I feel. Reynold's on the IL right now, still makes solid contact. I think he's fine. It just I was never a big neither one of these guys. Was I ever really that big on And it depends what Reynolds you were buying. I think you and I had like tons of discussions about being Reynolds in this offseason. I just think he's a fine hitter, mediocre power guy. He's one of those guys that's like seventy seventy run RBI in my mind set, maybe seventy five to seventy five twenty homers.
Speaker 1: See, I thought he was a little bit better than that, and I thought maybe getting to another team with like I thought he was a get off to a good start, get Delta a contender, and then really, you know, the seventy five run guy becomes a ninety five run guy. You know, it all sudden done if he can get those last three months with a better team. But alas that's probably not gonna happen. Here the guys that was right about ooh, I was right. I was very aggressive on Bobby Wood Junior in redraft leagues. I know it was a rough April, but here we stand right now where Bobby Wood Junior had five hits, two runs, three steals in the doubleheader yesterday. That brings him up to twelve home runs and sixteen stone bases on the season. So if you were aggressive on Bobby Wood Junior, like I certainly was, this is a win.
Speaker 2: And some people were not. Like some people are like, no, no, it's too rich to pay for him.
Speaker 3: Me Nope, pump people with the with the rookies. So I'd say I was actually the Fantasy Pro's highest ranker going into Bobby wit March on Bobby Wit yeah, like Bobman and I do. We do.
Speaker 2: We just had an hour right behind you. Then we had Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: An analysis on this every single year, and there was no human being who had submitted their ranks that was higher than me. But I think that might have got surpassed on the back end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a bad one. I mean, I'm sorry. The other good one for me was Christian Javier. I mean, yeah, you love I love Tavier coming into the year. Uh And and remember when Oderezi came back and started pitching, Well, I was like, oh no, this is gonna do. I said, you know what, no, go out there, buy him everywhere. Anyway, Now that everyone's pissed off that he's getting bumped from the rotation again, Odoresei got hurt well a week later, two weeks later, whatever it was, and then he's I mean, you can't take him out of that rotation, just can't.
Speaker 2: He's been absolutely dominant. So yes, those are two things I will take the victory lap.
Speaker 1: On tomorrow, we're gonna talk about Welsh's Uh so he's going to pick out a couple of names too that he was right too, that he was wrong about.
Speaker 2: But let's get to the names too.
Speaker 1: On the h on the big board where we talk about the guys who are gonna be the Home Run Derby participants. Now, I know we were talking about how we want to run this Welsh. I'm gonna propose this to you. I want to see how you think about it. I thought about this all day, all night.
Speaker 3: I can tell. I can tell the lighting telle what I thought.
Speaker 1: That's why I blew out all the electricity in my house. I think we should everybody should pick who they think is going to win the Home Run Derby. If you get it right, you get two points. I think that's what you should do. I think that is the simplest way for the bot to function properly, so that everybody can just go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and make because I think two is that's nice. You get you get two.
Speaker 1: A bump up there if you want to make it three and you want to feel sassy, okay, But I think two for whoever just picks the.
Speaker 2: Guy that wins.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you have a finite number of choices. What do you think about that? Is that not exciting or sexy in it?
Speaker 3: It looks like Mary's saning Wonkee As a proposal for this, I'm all good with all of that. When I was originally say it, I hadn't even thought of it from a macro perspective. I was literally saying, you myself and we draft two people from the comments.
Speaker 1: We can still do that anyway, and we could have a little personal competition you myself, Mayor and Wonky.
Speaker 2: We could do that.
Speaker 3: That'd be fun. Yeah, let's still has a plan. There might be a little bit alteration, but I think whatever it is, your plan makes a lot of sense for everybody, especially if you're getting the bot into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Wonky, he's got a plan, which is good. That's why she's in charge of things. So Wonky, you send me the plan and I will talk about on the show. You can put in the home run channel and everybody can get involved in this, because I don't want a night where we're not picking home runs.
Speaker 2: That seems ridiculous. I want to do that.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to talk about these guys who have ops is under seven hundred for the year, and I want to know if you think the second half is going to go better for them or worse. Let's start with Matt Chapman was sitting two nineteen with a six ninety nine ops. He's got thirteen bombs, though has been a little bit better of late. I also want to note, Matt Chapman, can he have a better second half or no?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 3: Welsh Oh, you know, I'm gonna say he can, but I'm gonna say no because I think it's gonna be a lot like the first half. And I don't think even if he hits two thirty, I don't think that's I mean, it is technically better, but I don't think that's what you're talking about. I think when you're talking about this, you're talking like exponential relatively exponential growth. And then under that I'd kind of say no.
Speaker 2: All right. JT.
Speaker 1: Real Muto seven homers, thirty five ribies, two forty, batting average six eighty four ops.
Speaker 2: Better or worse.
Speaker 1: And he's a catcher, so I always tend to say worse in the second half. So I'm gonna say worse.
Speaker 3: What do you think I'm gonna say it better? I'm gonna say better. He he's done the old Bryce Harper where you struggle on one side of the field and you make yourself more valuable. Where Harper would do this, where when he's not hitting for power, he steals more bases, and Ramuto has done the same thing. When he's not hitting for good contact and the power numbers, maybe he's used to he's stealing bases. I think that turns around in the second half. I think he improves.
Speaker 1: Cabrian Hayes four homers who have grossed fifty batting average six eighty ops, better or worse in the second half.
Speaker 3: Ooh, this is blind faith. I'm gonna say better. I'm gonna say better. I'm just I'm kind of a Cabrian Hayes guy. I really am waiting for him to click. I truly believe. I just don't know if it's gonna be this second half. It's gonna be next year. There's gonna be a year where it really clicks for Kei, Brian Hayes. Maybe maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Post All Star Break. He could be.
Speaker 1: Certainly those guys Nick Cassianos eight homers, two fifty one, batting average six seventy three ops. Oh, his OBP is two ninety seven this year. What in the world is going on? I think it's gotta be better.
Speaker 3: Welsh, right, it has to be better. How can it not be better?
Speaker 2: I mean, those are all by Lows.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's basically what we're giving you here is all these Bylows. But you could do the inverse about guys are doing too well. But just looking at the list, those are some of the major guys. And then last one Haave or Bayez two to eleven batting average on the year through seventy four games, nine home runs, a six twenty ops. That is disgusting, Welsh better or worse in the second half for the same man.
Speaker 3: This is what he's built off. He's built a He's built a mansion off of just being inconsistent and then going bonkers. I'm gonna say he doesn't do it because I don't think it's gonna be big. But I could be wrong about this because he literally can just pull off like six weeks of you know, number one overall fantasy stuff. It's just I don't know, seems we don't. I don't feel like we have the same hobber bias with the Tigers anymore. This seems like a different version of the one that we've known.
Speaker 2: It certainly does.
Speaker 1: The last guy who actually were slated to talk more about later on, Spencer Torkosen over seven yesterday and the double day up, strikeout, slashing one, two, two ninety six. They got to send him down. I mean, it's it is, literally right now, the worst debut season ever for a former number one pick. So that tells you everything that's going on.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: It's definitely the thing crazy. Now do it now or on the All Star break?
Speaker 1: So he can, you know, just take a deeper breath, you can get away from Detroit a little bit. You can just focus on what's gonna do. You're missing basically a week of games. Give him the rest of July, call him back August first. That's what I would do right.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, man, I've've actually been thinking a lot about Spencer Torkelsen. Of all the rookie things that have happened this year, I'm the most shocked at how unsuccessful he is. I'm not shocked by well, I mean, the stolen bases by Julio is maybe actually truly number one. But like I'm not shocked by Julio's success, I'm not shocked by Bobby WIT's success. I am shocked at how bad Torklsen is. And there's been no adjustment whatsoever. And he's played playing with a you know, a great great leader and coach if you will, and Miguel Cabrera and stuff like that, and there's just no improvement whatsoever. I don't know what they do, because I agree you should send him down to get his head right, but who are you bringing in place? And what does that really cure for a Tigers team. I don't know they I mean, they probably need to get some outside coaching help, but hopefully Torklsen gets some like serious outside coaching help, hitting help in the offseason, because it's bonkers and he is way too talented to be.
Speaker 1: Here's a loaded question, and I know this is gonna upset a lot of people. Is Spencer Torkosen the next Nick Senzel?
Speaker 3: It's definitely looking like that. Of all the rookies, he's the best possibility because of name value, because there's no other.
Speaker 1: Like Polish college hitter. Everybody thought, can't miss, fastest guy to rise to the big leagues. All those things were there for Nick Senzel. People forget Kelnick. Maybe Kelnick may be the real Nixon. Funny, you should mention Kelnick because fun fact, I went, you know, I haven't looked at Kelenicks numbers in a while. How's he doing intrible A, He's doing well. He's got ten homers in two ninety nine. The ops is above like nine to fifty. He's been outstanding. Got a couple of steels as well.
Speaker 3: I mean he ar kelnil or what my favorite? Yeah? Yes, by the way, it is. One of my favorite things about you is when you get excited to a play and you turn into Jerry Seinfield, You're like, he's doing well. I love I love good things. Yeah. No, PCL is this. This is literally a PCL is. PCL is a crazy high end hitting environment. What you want from a guy like Kelnick is you want to see him hitting three seventy. You want to see him put up what Joe Adell stuff did uh for a time, but then Adella struggled. It is very problematic that kel Nick looks all the part of a quad player. This is how I feel about kell Nick. I don't think you're gonna see an in season change from him at any point in his career. You're just gonna see a season where it clicks. He's a crazy hard He's really tough on himself. I think there's a lot of like mental game that goes on with him. When I interviewed him a long time ago, he was talking about how him and his parents and his agents they sat around and they would think about goal.
Speaker 1: I remember when he came up with the Remember I was like, oh, dude, we gotta buy Hellenic merched. I can't wait for the I mean, there's got to be on clearance right now, it's got.
Speaker 2: To be clear.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a kmart. Probably find some celnic at a good will. But like it's like, I think he really gets into his head, and I think he works really hard, and I think there'll be a time where he can attempt to fix this. I just don't know how great it will ever be. And it really doesn't look like it's gonna happen in season because I don't know if it's pitch recognition. Everything about him is gonna been completely lost. And it's so funny because Kelnick was like, you know, seeing as like the bigger brother to Julio Rodriguez. Those guys were roommates for a bit, and like this was the guy. This was the guy, And it's it's most quad a that I can recall. I mean, him and Joey Dell. It's I'm actually shocked that both of them have gone so quad a at this point, it's just not gonna happen in season.
Speaker 2: The second R in his name is weighing him down. That's according to Wonkey, that's what she says. But yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Uh also just for SS and g's because I'm a jerk. Taylor Ward last thirty days, h one home run, two a five batting average through a four OBP three O eight slugging.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to throw that out six twelve ops? What's what? What's it? What's the worst looking for? Oh? Yeah, I told you, Sow. I told you, Oh, I told you so, I told you Sow. Stop it all right.
Speaker 1: This day in baseball nineteen seventy nine, thousands of fans overrun Comiskey Park Field during Disco Demolition Night, causing the White Sox to forfeit the second game of a doubleheader. All I could think about when I saw this was, could you imagine the statements that would be made? Well, you know, these fans that came over, they would be all this arrests and things and public statements from from the White Sox and security and stuff that, and all I could think of was in the seventies. That was just like a Tuesday. It was just a Tuesday, and then we just like, I guess we have to cancel this game because people were on the field and they went nuts.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow. It's nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: And there was no outlets to like, there's no like major outlets to talk about it. So every just buddy moved on. Probably people didn't even know about what was going on either.
Speaker 2: Well, they found out like during the week, like they've read it in the newspaper. Yeah, you know, came acros.
Speaker 1: They read about it two days later, and they're like us, that's.
Speaker 3: When the last time you picked up a newspaper, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Probably to kill oh I know, not to kill a bug, but no, I would say, pick up a newspaper. I used to love, especially early fantasy man like I used to love having the newspaper. You peel through some of the stats, you could just see everything there on the one page.
Speaker 2: Probably to light the fire.
Speaker 1: Pit, because sometimes we get like the little newspaper things sent to us and that helps to light the fireport year.
Speaker 2: This year, last year, Oh okay, let the fire pit.
Speaker 3: Yet you know what I actually this season, I also picked up one. I picked probably picked up one last week, but it was the people throwing it on my driveway me picking up and putting it immediately in the trash.
Speaker 1: Doctor Glenn says, my lighting today looks like breaking bad films at the cartel scene.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe we shall see.
Speaker 1: All right, here's your tribute question for the day. Who owns the longest home run in home run Derby history since twenty sixteen? Started to track these with stack cast, So this Glenn traveling distance since twenty sixteen. Who has the biggest of all the monster shots? If you know, drop it in the chat. That's what we want to do. Running through the stat heroes, Michaelis five k's, no walks, one earned Mitch Keller same deal for him over seven innings, both of them. Merle Kelly's seven innings just four k's. But it was Max Scherzer who was all the rage yesterday with his nine strikeouts. By the way it went over hit that nailed it yesterday on the prop bets Yond Diaz three for three, Jake Morisnik two for three with a dinger, Leote Taveres three for four with three ribis and a steel Jake Cronenworth, we mentioned his big day with a homer three for four, Luis Gillormey with a homer, two for three. Corey Dickerson is the name we haven't said in a long time two for three with a dinger.
Speaker 2: Same for CJ.
Speaker 1: Abrams two for four with a homer, Charlie Blackman two for four, and Vinie Pesquentino my people two for four with a home run. Had youtha win the stat zero's Lancelyn eight earned runs, nine hits not good. Aaron Nole five earned seven innings. Told you yesterday was a hot mess.
Speaker 3: He did hit the seven k's, we got the case.
Speaker 2: He did hit the seven k's, but legit in the seven k's.
Speaker 1: So again we crushed the props yesterday. And Brian Bayo was bad. Five earned run for case for him. Also, Colby Allard gave up five earned in a third of an inning.
Speaker 2: That's an accomplishment.
Speaker 1: Matt Olsen over four to four k's, he's another one of these by low guys. For me, I feel like Olsen hasn't quite adjusted yet. I look for him for I have a big second half. Goldie over four to three ks. So that was the one bad one. There we talked about Torkosin and CJ. Crown also over four to three K, so hope he sold high on him. Well she got a you got a guest here for who might have the biggest of all the home runs?
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I was gonna say, but then you said sixteen. I was gonna say Prince Fielder from back to twenty sixteen. Yeah, so I don't Hobby Bias as the person came to my mind. But I don't even know if he's I don't remember if he's even been in a home run derby. So I really.
Speaker 1: Didn't get it right in the chat. It was five hundred and twenty feet by the way in course field and twenty twenty one JP on it boom wow one one. That's right baby, and Frank also got it. So there you go.
Speaker 2: So Juan Soto is the master of his remain. There you have it now the home run board.
Speaker 1: I thought I was up to twenty six. I was informed that is incorrect. I am still at twenty five.
Speaker 3: Wrong.
Speaker 1: I could have sworn that I was at twenty five. After two Austin Riley's over the weekend. I kind of I feel like there's other forces at play here, but.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think there might be I think there might be a committee hearing about this in Congress at some point. But Mike Mayor is still at twenty eight, to Larry See at thirty, the title Chaser at thirty, to Blum at thirty two, and of course Hikobi's still at the top of thirty four. And we've got a lot of people tied at twenty six. So we've got six people, maybe seven.
Speaker 2: If you count me. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been told that I am incorrect. So not the first time, not the last time. Let's take a look at the prop beatshall we with betting pros dot Com and a little bit bet mgm, the King of sports books. Use the promo code leading off one word leading off sign up today. We got the All Star game stuff, we got the the whole run Derby stuff. There's a lot of fun things to wager on. So bet ten dollars to win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome, and use that promo code leading off. Download the betmgm app, Go to betmgm dot com today.
Speaker 2: I like Chris Sale.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about a gimme on FanDuel four and a half is the k prop against Tampa, Yes, I don't care if it's minus one forty eight. Yes, Spencer Streider on FanDuel seven and a half ks, Yes, I'll take the over on that one minus one forty six, Okay, Garrett Cole at BETMGM seven and a half, I'll still go the over because it's Kansas City at minus one ten And then you got Trout and Otani today against Houston plus one point fifteen plus one twenty respectively for the one and a half total base props. But Welsh you've got something on Otani as well today and a pitcher from the Cardinals, I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well also I would say I want to one correction. It's adjusted because Spence Strader is now six and a half and the on the over, so you can get six and a half, which is the number one for as well. Let me see I have it up here seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Maybe they weren't getting action.
Speaker 3: It's the lower n bet YOUNI BET's got six and a half. Everybody else might be seven and a half.
Speaker 2: That's where you bet with all the people have one eyebrow bet there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be my number one. I love love Striter my other two you mentioned Otani, that's actually my probably true number one. You're getting plus money one and a half versus Houston absolutely on DraftKings and with Matthew Libertor strikeouts three and a half, very low number on the Dodgers, it's a pretty easy number to hit. Libertor has actually been pretty solid on the season. So Libs, Strider and Otani for me.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to take your libertore.
Speaker 3: Make sure you take I like that sale one too. I would just get dicey about innings and stuff. But you go get these dog pitchers that have come back like Brandon Woodruff. I was like, I'm gonna bet the under at eight and he had like nine and three innings, So you're you're probably on percent.
Speaker 2: Right. It's so low, I mean, come on, I mean.
Speaker 3: Well, but it's because it's Tampa. Because Tampa doesn't strike out.
Speaker 2: Care I care?
Speaker 1: Four and a half is gott says nothing. All right, let's go through the DFS slate today. Expensive pitchers, uh Dylan sees at nine to seven on DK to me, is the best value if you want to go with him and Spencer Stryder. That's the best way to combine and just kind of fade away Garret Cole at the top. If you want to go Chris Alee and do a little oppo in the tournament, I'm fine with that too, But Season Strider is what I would do. I would pay up on the FanDuel side. Again, I don't think you have to pay all the way at the top of Garrett Cole at ten six. I think you can go to Gosman at nine to nine and do that or nine point one with Stryder. Use him in tournaments. Your stacks tonight, Yankees, Padres, Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: Those are the four best offenses in my opinion, with their matchups where they are. Uh and then of course lineup builders. Matt Carpenter on DK three nine, Alex Carrol off at three, Dylan Carlson three to two on FanDuel, Matt Chapman at two eight, Kepler two six, Dylan Carlson at two three. I'm gonna take Aaron Judge, even though everyone says I'm lame.
Speaker 2: That's right, He'll be. It's three tonight in the Great American Small Park.
Speaker 1: We have Mayor taking rowdy tells whatever, and then Welsh, who are you taking for your home run tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I guess I'm going a little bit boring like you. I'm gonna go with Otani or Toni a little five for fifteen track record against Luis Garcia, a couple I'm looking for a couple of bombs looking to get going. Or I'll just watch all of you guys far.
Speaker 1: And I expect you to go as soon as I am gone. August first. I expect you to go on a monumental run for the last two months of the season.
Speaker 2: Nice time you're overdue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except you're gonna be You'll be gone, and like Mayor will be at number one on the board. So every day I'll be like, all right, may Pabody, I'll just be rooting for everybody to just get above that.
Speaker 1: Please weel see, all right, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 2: I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids, enjoy your baseball.
Speaker 3: The thing that