Speaker 1: America has just witnessed a truly strange encounter. Who became the first American to meet with the new leader of North Korea, the wild child of basketball, Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 2: Rights It's twenty thirteen and North Korean dictator Kim Jong un is making headlines all over the world for paying big bucks hiring NBA superstar Dennis Rodman to come visit him well.
Speaker 3: One of the few things known about the secretive Kim's private life from his days as a student at a Swiss boarding school is that he was an NBA nut, especially big on Rodman's old team.
Speaker 4: The Bulls.
Speaker 2: Shockingly, Dennis Rodman seems to publicly take a liking to Kim Jong un, a ruthless dictator with a reputation for brutalizing his own people. The two men actually become friends.
Speaker 5: We laugh, We sink karaoke, We do a lot of cool things together.
Speaker 2: Dennis Rodman is reportedly making upwards of two hundred thousand dollars for visiting North Korea, but he has no idea that the money Kim Jong un is paying him to be there is being stolen from him right before his very eyes by a true queen of the Khan in every sense of the word. You see, Dennis Rodman has invited a crafty fox into his financial henhouse, an inveterate con artist, a tall, blonde, vivacious woman who's got a grift that's so sophisticated and so believable. It takes Dennis Rodman years to figure out what's going on, and even when he does, he just can't bring himself to let her go. I'm Jonathan Walton, and this is Queen of the Khan Season five, The Athlete Whisperer, Episode one, call me Roquelle. He is a marketable condition and Ron by this season has become the most prolific player off the bars in two decades.
Speaker 4: Every time Dennis Rodman, he was like a rock star. He was just the epitome of hard work and hustle on the basketball court.
Speaker 2: Full confession here, I know more about nuclear fusion than I do about basketball or really any kind of sports.
Speaker 4: Sports is a religion, man, and these people are the figureheads of this religion.
Speaker 2: My buddy, Evan Goldstein, on the other hand, is an oracle. He's also a huge Dennis Rodman fan, one of.
Speaker 4: The greatest rebounders in NBA, history.
Speaker 2: What's a rebounder?
Speaker 4: Rebounder, It's just basically means when someone shoots the ball and they miss and it bounces off the rim and the person that catches it, that's a rebound.
Speaker 2: So was he the person who would catch it? Yes, So Dennis Rodman would catch it and what score?
Speaker 4: Pass it or score? He really had it down to a science, and he would study how the ball would bounce off the rim to know where to position himself under the basket to get it. And he was the guy that would dive for balls and hustle. He had this kind of signature way of doing it where he would jump up catch the ball. He would flare his legs out and kind of like a like a half split, and people would literally cheer.
Speaker 2: He turns it into a performance. It sounds like I thought he could he could score a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he could score, but he might have ten points in a whole game where it's like Michael Jordan have forty, so Michael.
Speaker 2: Jordan can score. He was the score Okay, that's his thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dennis Rodman did the dirty work. He helped the team win by getting the ball before the other team.
Speaker 2: You blew my mind. Today. I had no idea what a rebounder was.
Speaker 4: I love that. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, like, I don't know. I'm a gig guy. I don't know anything sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, if anyone asked you, what was Bernadette Peters doing in the you know, early two thousands, you you're their man.
Speaker 2: I think she was the Witch and into the Woods. She was the first lage like that might have been the late nineties, though she was also dot in Sun in the Park with Georgia, a Sondheim musical about George Sarat with George. But enough about sondheime. I just assumed you were never into sports, because oh, yeah, growing up I liked sports. You and I are like best friends. Yeah, and we've never talked sports.
Speaker 4: No, But like, growing up, I played basketball.
Speaker 2: What position were you on the basketball?
Speaker 4: I was a forward, so the same position as Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 2: Oh, but he was a rebounder.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jonathan, let's talk more Sondheim.
Speaker 2: But really, Dennis Rodman was to the NBA what bernand At Peters was to any Stephen Sondheim production. She was in a key player, though by twenty thirteen, Rodman is comfortably retired from the NBA for more than a decade after reportedly earning upwards of twenty seven million dollars for playing basketball and many millions more in endorsement deals with brands like Nike and Coca Cola. He goes on to do movies and TV shows.
Speaker 6: Well He's welcome, Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 2: And in twenty thirteen, he even does a season of Celebrity Apprentice for NBC with you know who, Dennis, You're fired.
Speaker 4: Part of the mystique that fed into Dennis Rodman. He was just kind of a badass. He's like a bad boy. He was just kind of fun to watch, partying, fall down, drunk, taking pictures at clubs with you know, amazing women. And as a young boy or a young man, you know that's pretty Uh.
Speaker 2: You looked up to him.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You wanted to be like Dennis Rodman. Yeah. Why do they call him the worm?
Speaker 4: I would just assume based on because he was never necessarily the biggest guy on the court. There are people that would tower above him, but he would outrebound them. And you know, he had kind of a nitty gritty way of flex so kind of squirm. He could kind of get past people. He could flex and bend and kind of get around people and like you just kind of worm in there.
Speaker 2: So I have googled, and according to Google, his mom and his sisters gave him the name the Worm as a kid because when he would play pinball, he would squirm like a worm and they called him but kind of similar to what you're saying, but post NBA, the Worm's bread and butter comes from doing lucrative public appearances and he makes a lot of money. According to his former manager, he's.
Speaker 7: One of the most recognizable people in the world. Even to this day, he makes upwards of a million dollars a year. He hasn't played basketball in almost twenty years.
Speaker 2: But that North Korean public appearance in twenty thirteen is fraud with peril for Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 7: When I first heard about the deal, I was against it. I just thought that Dennis getting mixed up with a dictator in North Korea was just a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. I fought at every step of the way. And how the deal actually came around was that the North Koreans originally were trying to put on some sort of basketball exhibition and they reached out to Michael Jordan, and Michael Jordan turned them down. So when Michael Jordan turned them down, they were like, Okay, well what about Dennis Rodman. And that's when they first reached out to us. And if you go back, you can find online there's a picture of Kim Jong um when he's like a teenager and he's playing basket ketball. He's wearing a Dennis Rodman jersey.
Speaker 2: I actually found that picture and I'm posting it at Queen of the Khan on Instagram, so you can see what a teenage Kim jong un looks like in a Rodman jersey. For Dennis, though, cozying up to a dictator is not exactly good for his career.
Speaker 7: The death threats and the messages on social media, it was overwhelming ninety nine one against him. They were absolutely vicious, calling him a trader to his country, calling him a communist. He should leave America, don't ever come back like it was bad.
Speaker 2: But four years earlier, in two thousand and nine, Dennis Rodman and his entourage are in Miami on Trendy South Beach attending the opening of Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams new restaurant when all of a sudden, a stunningly dressed woman shows up and starts mingling, expertly, working her way through the crowd like a professional talk show host. She's got the gift of gab, and everyone seems to know her and love her. It's a moment Dennis Rodman's bodyguard will never forget, because he wasn't sure she belonged there at first.
Speaker 8: She was in a scene in Miami that you couldn't afford to be in, like invite only, Like, how the hell was she next to us?
Speaker 2: Her name is Peggy Fulford aka Peggy King, Peggy Barrard, Peggy Simpson, Peggy Rivers, Devon Cole. Oh, there are a bunch of other aliases she uses too.
Speaker 9: She mentioned to us to call her rockl.
Speaker 2: That's Sean tel Cohen, Peggy's former assistant.
Speaker 9: I had a best friend in town from San Diego, And when Peggy walked in, she's like, would you guys like to go out with me later? And we're kind of just like what And she's like, yeah, come here, hang out. You know your friends in town, blah blah blah. And we started talking small talk, and then she mentioned to us.
Speaker 10: When we go out, just call me Raquel.
Speaker 2: And that is the first red flag. Something's up, something big. Something we'll explain after this break. Welcome back to Queen of the Khan. Peggy's former assistant, Sean tel Cohen is noticing something strange about Peggy that won't make any sense until years later.
Speaker 9: She mentioned to us that when we go out, to call her Roquel, and me and my best friend at the time just started.
Speaker 2: Laughing and we're like, call her Roquel.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what do you mean, call you Raquel? And she's like, yeah, that's my name, you know, when I go out because I don't want people in my business. Blah blah blah. We kind of thought it was weird, but we just laughed it off, like, you know, people do change their names when they go to the clubs, and you know stuff like that. You're just giving fake names and things like that. But we didn't really think about it until later on in life and was like, oh, wow, first red sign.
Speaker 2: That was a huge red flag, huge red sign. Yeah, yes, oh my god, call me Roquel, all me Raquel? How effing bizarre whatever you call her, though, she is a sight to behole. That night on South beach back in two thousand and nine. At fifty one years old, she could easily pass for being in her late thirties. She's got long blonde hair, sparkling eyes, and electrifying charm and charisma oozing from every pore. Dennis Rodman's bodyguard remembers her, Well.
Speaker 8: She looked like a million bucks. She was driving the right car. Well, she was driven in the right car. She was wearing the right jewelry, had the right clothes on. The other players that I knew in Miami at the time were talking to her.
Speaker 4: Like to kind of make friends. I think with like famous.
Speaker 2: People, my buddy Evan Goldstein.
Speaker 4: Again, I think you kind of have to operate on their level.
Speaker 2: You know, if you have to like put on a show for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you have to impress them and to be able to kind of weave your way into their good graces. I feel like you have to have a little something extra.
Speaker 2: I agree one thousand percent, and she did have a little something extra. But let's not downplay the effect a beautiful woman has. Raisa, Yeah, you're insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a funny story. So I was nineteen years old. I'm not as Evan will attest, conventionally attractive by Western societal snaw. I'm pretty on the inside, but my family I have a lot of hot cousins and niece. So I'm nineteen years old walking out of this yogurt shop in Miami with my cousin who's also nineteen or twenty. She's breathtakingly beautiful, and all of a sudden you hear like a screech of a car, this white Porsche stop. This guy in a suit jumps out, runs up to my cousins, like, I just have to tell you, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm an attorney. Is this your boyfriend? Points to me, and she's like, no, it's my cousin. I'm an attorney, and if you ever need anything, here's my card. I would love to take you to dinner. And then she was stunned, didn't know how to react. He just hops back into his drives away. But what straight guys will do in the presence of a beautiful woman, like anything and everything and.
Speaker 4: Everything it's a pretty woman has power, oh by a million percent.
Speaker 2: And that was Peggy. Peggy was a pretty woman that was Peggy's power that night on South Beach, she knowingly weaponized her beauty. She showed up to someplace and she just wormed her way in and she got Dennis Rodman's attention.
Speaker 11: I mean, she's obviously easy on the eyes.
Speaker 2: That's Ramon Antonio Vargas, a journalist for The Guardian and author of the book Family, Gangsters and Champions. He's written extensively about Peggy over the years.
Speaker 11: I think she's described herself as creole, right, and she certainly has that look right. There's like a certain lego of the creole in New Orleans, and when you listen to her speak, she certainly fits that bill. She's very self assured. She had the story that she was like independently successful on Wall Street. She made a fortune in hospital deals and land deals, and it's kind of very impressive, very beautiful, very appealing. I think a lot of people were taken and impressed by her narrative.
Speaker 2: Okay, so picture it a Bomby South Florida night in two thousand and nine, a crowded South Beach restaurant. Peggy's working the room like a seasoned politician, flashing her pearly whites, pressing the flesh and impressing everyone. Dennis Rodman's there with his bodyguard, a bodyguard who reports prides himself on never standing beside Dennis, never letting onlookers know he's with Dennis, or watching out for Dennis, or guarding Dennis in any way. He always keeps his distance. But that night on South Beach, he slips up and Peggy figures out immediately who Dennis's bodyguard is.
Speaker 8: The first interaction I have with her is while I'm actually standing with Dennis. That's so, so, so extremely rare. And it's a red flag and I missed it.
Speaker 2: Bro yep. Schmoozing a celebrity's bodyguard is a huge red flag in the world of protecting famous people. But Peggy effortlessly charms both men all evening Dennis Rodman and his bodyguard, and after they learn she's a big time financial advisor for pro athletes, they let their guard down. She's actually managing the money for Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams. At that point, the guy whose restaurant opening Rodman and his bodyguard are attending that night.
Speaker 8: She came in, very soft, very welcoming. If you need anything, you call me.
Speaker 2: First, but now looking back, it appears Peggy had big plans for Dennis Rodman and that chance encounter might have actually been planned.
Speaker 4: It takes more than luck to be a con artist.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I spoke to Michelle Rodman, Dennis Rodman's ex wife. People have called her Michelle Moyer, but she told me I'm Michelle Rodman, like she doesn't like people changing her name to her maiden name. And it reminds me of what my mom did, because my mom kept Walton because it was my dad's name, who my dad wasn't in my life, suck up, but my mom felt, I want to match my kids, so we're a family still, So my mom.
Speaker 4: Kept Walton, So that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So Michelle Rodman did the same thing, she told me, because she wanted to match with her kids. And she says she's always getting criticized, like why are you still trying to hang onto Rodman's name, And she's like, no, it's I want to have the same thing was my kids, because we're a family.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I talked to Michelle Rodman. I scheduled an interview with her. She was in Then the next day she texts me the day before the end She's like, can I do it another day at another place. I'm like, sure, sure, that's fine, we can do that. And then on the interview day, she texted me, you know what, I talked to her with my kids. I don't want to be in your podcast. I'm sorry. So I couldn't get an interview with her. But I talked to her for like a half an hour, and I took copious notes, and she explained to me that as fate would have it. That night, when Peggy makes a bee line over to Dennis Rodman at Ricky Williams Restaurant in South Beach, Dennis Rodman's money manager is in rehab. He has like a major drug problem and he can't be Dennis Rodman's money manager anymore. So Dennis Rodman Lo and Behold is actually on the market for a money manager. Oh, enter Peggy.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that was like researched.
Speaker 2: I do believe she knew his money manager was in rehab and that was an opportunity for her to get into his life and impress him. I think that was calculated. And it wasn't long after that restaurant opening on South Beach back in two thousand and nine that Peggy signs on as Dennis Rodman's new financial manager. At this point in his career, he's still got millions of dollars coming in from public appearances, from endorsement deals, from doing TV shows and movies, and like a lot of celebrities and rich people, Dennis doesn't personally handle any of that money himself. As his former manager explains.
Speaker 7: You have to understand something. He doesn't pay his own bills. He's just very isolated. He's very well managed. He doesn't deal with a lot of the day to day Monday stuff that you and I and most people will deal with. He probably hasn't opened a piece of mail in fifteen twenty years. He just doesn't do it. He has people to handle that far, and there's accountants and there's people that you know, take care of it. He puts that trust in his people, and they're supposed to handle it for him.
Speaker 2: So Dennis Rodman hires Peggy to run his finances. She's supposed to put him on a strict budget, pay his bills, pay his taxes, pay his child support, and invest the rest of the money he's got coming in to make him even more money. And the weird thing is, Dennis hires Peggy unilaterally. He doesn't ask his lawyers, he doesn't ask his agents, he doesn't ask anyone. He just pulls the trigger and brings her on and actually signs over power of attorney to her, giving Peggy overnight full control of every bank account he's got, every piece of real estate he owns or is renting, and every dollar he has coming in. His former manager is actually cut off guard by it all.
Speaker 7: Dennis called me and said, Hey, I have a new business manager and I'm going over to talk to her about some things. I want you to come over and meet her. So I went over to Peggy's house. Peggy had a house in the Coral Ridge subdivision of Fort Lauderdale, and she's got all of these cars Maserati's and Bentley's and BMW's and range Rovers all in the driveway. And I walk in and I see Peggy. She makes this grand entrance coming down her little winding staircase and she's like, Hey, how you guys doing. And it was like a scene out of a movie.
Speaker 2: But in direct contrast to that sophisticated movie star descending a staircase, Peggy's got a bad habit that kind of gives her away, but kind of doesn't. We'll explain right after the break Welcome Back to Queen of the Khan. Dennis Rodman's manager is noticing something about Dennis's new financial guru, Peggy, that kind of surprises him.
Speaker 7: She cuts like a sailor first of all, which to me wasn't a big deal. I mean, I use file language as well, but it's very unusual for someone who is talking about business or dealing with things cursing people out. Like she'll be talking about a deal or someone, Oh, this motherfucker needs to do this, and like that's a little unusual. But she's very charismatic. She was funny, I have to say, very charming, very affable. You almost took it as a badge of honor when she cursed you out for something that was just her way. And she loved to call everybody baby.
Speaker 10: She's like, you know, baby, I don't have to do this if you don't want me to.
Speaker 2: Dennis Rodman is under the impression that his new financial guru, Peggy, with the waterfront for Lauderdale mansion and the fleet of Lee's in BMW's parked in the driveway, has an impressive track record of making millions of dollars on Wall Street, and for the past decade, her self proclaimed passion has been helping professional athletes and former professional athletes like Dennis grow their finances exponentially, making shrewd investments in companies all over the world. And get this, she doesn't even charge a fee for her services. She claims she's just that wealthy and she doesn't need the money. Besides, she says, Dennis Rodman is like family to her now and she just wants to help him create what she calls generational wealth for his kids. And Dennis really loves that idea. I mean, he said publicly, you know, I haven't been a great father. I can't laugh about that. And now Peggy is offering him a way to kind of make up for that by ensuring his kids are well taken care of even after he's gone. Peggy also claims to be a Harvard grad with her finger on the pulse of World finance.
Speaker 9: She had a Harvard plaque in her office.
Speaker 2: Peggy's former assistant again Chantel Cohen, and it.
Speaker 4: Looked legit, legit.
Speaker 9: How would I know what is a Harvard degree or not.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to Harvard, but Peggy's got something else going for at this point too. A reality show based on her life is making the rounds a television networks, and Beet reportedly orders a pilot.
Speaker 10: My name's Peggy and I'm the CEO of King Management. King Management is a company I founded because I wanted to help professional athletes manage their finances.
Speaker 2: As the months turn into years, Dennis Rodman and Peggy get close, really close. She kind of becomes the mother he never had. In twenty eleven, when Dennis is inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame at a star studded ceremony in Springfield, Massachusetts, Peggy's there and she makes quite a scene. According to Dennis's attorney.
Speaker 6: I remember pulling up and Peggy was just arriving, and then there were two carts, two hotel carts full of LV bags. First of all, Springfield doesn't see that. Springfield's very small town, our claim to fame as the Basketball Hall of Fame. So to see someone roll up, you know, two carts of LV bags, full length fur coat, you know, all white, I heels, gigantic diamonds. It was something that you would like see in a movie.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, and when the ceremony starts.
Speaker 4: Welcoming Dennis to the hall is Phil Jackson from the class of two thousand.
Speaker 2: And seven Ladies and Gentlemen Dennis Rodman. As Dennis is making his way to the stage, he stops in the aisle where Peggy is and kisses her on the cheek. I'm posting a video clip of this precise moment at Queen of the Khan on Instagram so you can see why it made such an indelible mark on everyone in Dennis's orbit that night, especially his attorney.
Speaker 6: She was wearing all white. I mean, she was stunning. It was really something that you're like, who is this person? You would think she was getting inducted. She always has diamonds on, diamond watches, diamond earrings, and not your common like nice pair of diamond earrings I'm talking about, you know, coming to America type diamond earrings.
Speaker 2: Later that night, in Dennis Rodman's acceptance speech, he thanks Peggy by name, along with a man who's reportedly Peggy's brother.
Speaker 5: Peggy King elpen King the family that these guys are taking care of me these days.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Peggy, and Peggy's watching flashing her movie star smile of approval. Dennis Rodman's attorney will never forget that moment as long as he lives.
Speaker 6: The relationship between Peggy Dennis was next level. Dennis was relying on her, I think for emotional support. Peggy had that motherly instinct and kind of you know, she would call you baby and let me take care of you.
Speaker 5: That's really been an impact of my life.
Speaker 2: That night, during his speech, Dennis Robin actually talks about his own mother and father, but not in a good way.
Speaker 5: I never had a father. My father left me when I was five years old. He has forty seven kids in Philippines, and I'm the oldest one, and he wrote a book about me. He made a lot of money, but he never came in and said hello to me. Me and my mothers have never got along. My mother really ever hugged me or hugged my siblings. And once I became to the age of sixteen eighteen nineteen twenty, I could care less what I did to my mother. Mother worth three jobs, and she kicked me out the house and said you have to leave here because you have you know, I can't take you anymore. I was homeless and a lot of you guys here has been here.
Speaker 2: According to his former manager, there's not a moment that goes by that Dennis Rodman doesn't think about as tumultuous past as a homeless teenager.
Speaker 7: We could be out walking around and there's a homeless guy and he'll just hand him a hundred bucks. I've seen him take his shirt off his back give it to a homeless guy, and he's walking around with no shirt.
Speaker 2: Now, looking back, it's obvious now there was a gaping mother of a hole in Dennis Rodman's life that Peggy seemed to fill perfectly.
Speaker 7: I think Dennis trusted Peggy because she was really really adept at understanding people's psyche and their psychology and understanding what they need and providing that for them. Dennis had a very strained relationship with his mother and his sisters, so the women in his life, he had a strained relationship, and I think that she realized he needed that sort of moddly feminine love. I think she knew and understood how powerful that could be in a person like Dennis who feels very insecure about other relationships with the women in his life, and I think she played on that. She was very good at figuring people out and understanding exactly what they needed.
Speaker 2: Dennis Robin's girlfriend at the time, a woman named Gigi who fun fact for U Bravo fans, used to be married to Real Housewives of Orange County. Lorie Peterson's husband, George gig sees Peggy move into Dennis's life and watches Peggy completely take control of Dennis.
Speaker 12: And I felt like Dennis was really trying to. He wanted to impress her. He needed her affirmation, almost as if he needed his mother's after like perhaps there was something there that reminded him of his mom or what he wanted from a mom. He still had this I'm just a nobody whatever, some deep seated emotional pain from growing up where he didn't feel loved or he didn't feel like he had the affirmations that he should have had when he was growing up. And here he was thrown into the NBA and he was getting all these accolades, all those accolades, he didn't feel like he deserved them. Even though he would be hand in hand with with Michael Jordan of all people, or Scottie Pippen, he still felt like they were so above him that he couldn't stand next to them.
Speaker 2: He didn't feel like he belonged. He didn't feel good enough. He didn't feel worthy. Now that comes from the ft up childhood. Yeah, but it's interesting. No matter what he went on to achieve, which was tremendous by any account, he still didn't feel worthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are complex and like you know, and I believe this, you're always kind of who you were as a kid to a certain extent. I think we're always struggling with the same kinds of things that we always have. You know, there was like a fundamental emotional deficit in his life as a young person, and that's you know, that mountain's been trying to climb his whole life.
Speaker 2: And just three years after first hiring Peggy to run his finances, all of a sudden, in mid twenty twelve, Dennis Rodman starts making headlines for not paying child support.
Speaker 7: The former NBA bad boy owes more than eight hundred thousand dollars in back child support for his two children, ages nine and ten, that he had with third wife, Michelle.
Speaker 2: Rodman, and behind the scenes, the general public has no idea. There's a ton of other screwy stuff going on with Dennis's finances too, exasperating his former manager.
Speaker 7: Dennison called me and say, my cable is or my power is off. He was renting out this place in Eventuro, which is in North Miami. The landlord would call me all the time like the rent is late, and I'm like, what are you talking about? The rent is late. He's got plenty of money.
Speaker 4: Drench shouldn't be late.
Speaker 2: Coming up this season on Queen of the Cohn like the company that she kept, she must be legit.
Speaker 4: These people are on national TV. Dennis rob Man, we hung out with his homeboy. Oh you was robbing them too.
Speaker 12: He and I in the early morning went to Peggy's house because he had no money. She was just waking up and she had a rob on. She's like, honey, honey, I'm sleeping.
Speaker 9: You have to come back later.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 10: Dennis had a big RS leaned against him prior to meeting me.
Speaker 12: And we went to the bank and Elkins like, Dennis, you don't have any money.
Speaker 7: Something just did not add up with Elkins's relationship with Peggy.
Speaker 4: Dennis Rodman confided in this guy. He told him dark secrets and.
Speaker 12: I would tell Dennis like I don't want felcon hanging around you.
Speaker 4: He got shot in the face.
Speaker 9: All Come said she was like scanning some drug dealers in the streets or whatever, and I think that.
Speaker 7: That is when he got caught up in so I met her through a close friend of mine.
Speaker 2: What's your impression of.
Speaker 10: For Peggy was somebody that would probably have sex with win of our clients. He was infatuated with me, and I said, you know what, You're sweet, You're very, very very handsome.
Speaker 2: Was there more than a professional relationship between Ricky Williams and Peggy?
Speaker 9: I've asked him a thousand million times.
Speaker 5: Peggy Fulford is a financial predator?
Speaker 2: How much were you missing?
Speaker 4: It was my first rookie check, my first Ricky check. I got a call from my agent and saying, Peggy got us.
Speaker 9: Cops come in. You have a check sitting on your nightstand, Like what is going on?
Speaker 10: I did some things, but I didn't kill anybody. And I believe that society will forgive me.
Speaker 9: Hide your money and your old Richmond because she is on the who.
Speaker 2: If you're enjoying Queen of the Con, leave us a five star review. Reviews, help other listeners find us, and by all means click that share button and send Queen of the Cohn to anyone you think might be into it. Queen of the Cohn The Athlete Whisperer is a production of AYR Media and iHeartMedia, hosted by me Jonathan Walton, Executive producers Jonathan Walton for Jonathan Walton Productions and Elisa Rosen for AYR Media. Consulting producer Evan Goldstein consulting producer Trace Shean. Written by Jonathan Walton, Sound design by Zach Hirsch, Edited and mixed by Zach Hirsch, Audio engineer Justin Longerbean, audio engineer Chris Desmond, studio engineer Graham Gibson. Mastered by Justin Longerbean. Legal counsel for AYR Media, Gianni Douglas, executive producer for iHeartMedia. Maya Howard. Voice acting by Darnell Baldwin, Tyree Saxton, Junior, Courtney, Hettrick Milan Faxis, Jorge Farragut, David Teitelbaum, Terina Pouncey, Kim Ganier, Stuart Chait, Teresa Prindle. Statements from press reports, public interviews, and from court records were dramatized verbatim on this season of Queen of the Khan. B E T's American Gangster Trap, Queens TNTs Rich and Shameless, CNBC's American Greed, The Guardian, Sports Illustrated, The Times Picky June, The Opportunist podcast, victim interviews and countless court records were the sources used on this season of Queen of the Khan,