Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast one eleven productions, iHeartRadio, iHeart Media, iHeart Podcast Pop Culture, Season seven, episode nineteen. It's just like riding a bike. I am joined by my own trappy crew and Amy Sugarman is still here, but we can't see her. Daniel Romes, I have.
Speaker 3: To turn my camera off when we're reading because and special has got to see the screen.
Speaker 1: Scott Patterson is he? Oh that's me.
Speaker 2: Scott Patterson is here. Look from Gilmore girl not him. Wait have you gotten recognized lately?
Speaker 3: Like, just give us a good story of somebody like stopping you in the grocery store or something.
Speaker 1: Uh, pretty much every day?
Speaker 2: No way really?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, yeah, the show is the show's very okay.
Speaker 4: That's so nonchalantly pretty much every day.
Speaker 3: What do most people say, Like, do they say I am all in?
Speaker 2: Like what do they say?
Speaker 1: No, they don't know, they don't say that.
Speaker 2: They say for you.
Speaker 1: They're just very nervous, nervous, they're nervous and excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, do they say, are you that guy from the Seinfeld episode.
Speaker 1: If I'm at the gym, it's now they say, it's all it's all looked.
Speaker 2: They ever say, are you in soft wour?
Speaker 1: No? Sometimes, very rarely do.
Speaker 3: They ever say at the market, Hey, what kind of meat should I get?
Speaker 2: You own a diner?
Speaker 1: No, that doesn't happ.
Speaker 2: What coffee at Starbucks? Hey?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Coffee? Coffee coffee? Do they ever say coffee coffee?
Speaker 1: I don't go to Starbucks?
Speaker 2: Do you go to where? Do you ever go pick up a coffee somewhere?
Speaker 1: I do not know. I drink my own brand, of course.
Speaker 3: What am I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put it in the thermost and I go, yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe your wife can.
Speaker 3: Say coffee, coffee, coffee when she comes downstairs. For some reason, I picture you having a two story house.
Speaker 2: I think you do.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: I haven't been to your house. Weird haven up to your house, by the way, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't because you live in Lake Tah.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: No, But it's it's always somebody who it's they want, they want a selfie. They're very nervous, they're very nice. It's always the same kind of nice little exchange. It's it's never weird or if a dude comes up, Hey, my girlfriend, she's over there. She's freaking out. We watch the show every night. She falls asleep to it. You know, it's kind of good.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love when we hang out with Chris Harrison, you know, from The Bachelor. Guys would always come up to and go, I don't watch it, but my girlfriend watches it or my wife watches it. And then they'd be like, but remember that time and then the most obscure detail and you're like, but.
Speaker 1: You don't watch it, right, But guys used to say that to me. Now they just admit it, just like I've watched it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's it's you know, it's not. It's because so many people are discovering it daily on Netflix. I mean it's just generation after generation after generation.
Speaker 3: It is totally did you guys see that Prison Break is on Netflix now and I'm thinking of rewatching it again.
Speaker 4: iHeart Podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We're vamping here a little bit because there's only four pop culture item so we figured we'd talk about the things we want to talk about.
Speaker 1: I'm watching a good French production called Call My Agent. It's about a talent agency in Paris, A big talent agency in Paris, and all the the the going zones inside, with the agents inside, It's a wonderful show.
Speaker 3: Watch resumed innocent, Uh, I got to I haven't yet.
Speaker 2: It's good, it's good, it's worth watching. The end is a little you know, I won't say, but it's a little.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make a general note about what I'm seeing now in movies and TV. The dramas aren't very good in my opinion. The comedies are better. Oh, I enjoy the comedies more now.
Speaker 2: Big drama girl.
Speaker 3: I'm rewatching twenty four, but I've gotten to season like seven or eight, and it's not quite as good.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna I'm gonna pull through. I'm gonna keep going. I'm not giving up, right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Excited for Walking Dead Darryl Dixon's show returns. Anybody else got a binge that I should do?
Speaker 2: Jackie just said there's a twenty four reference in this. Wait, who's pants?
Speaker 5: Suit? No?
Speaker 4: I said, Emily, and Paris is coming back soon.
Speaker 2: He saw.
Speaker 3: I thought you said I'm gonna be wearing a pants and I was like, suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Emily in Paris is definitely good.
Speaker 3: I'm watching melrose Place because we have a new melrose Place podcast, and I gotta say.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying it. Enjoy it. Melaro's Place is good too. All right, let's get anyway, we'll get into it.
Speaker 1: Uh, who wants to take you away? Amy?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: You'm so energized?
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I will chime in on the twenty four one, for sure, but I am a big fan of this one. On the phone, I have to go to the bathroom super bad, so I'm just gonna hold it. But I might have to if I have to do them all, I might have to. Lurla is on the phone with Suki and tells her about her awkward interaction with Luke at the diner. Oh history, mystery couples have been breaking up and becoming friends. Look at Ryan O'Neill and Farah Fawcett. Huh, really, Ryan and Fawcett, that's the most well adjusted relationship you can come up with. I mean, I'm sorry he's been in the news litly, that whole shooting a gun at his son thing now that I don't remember, but I'm obviously I'm sure we'll learn. But I could talk about Pharah for days, which I will. Ryan O'Neil was an actor known for his breakout role on Peyton's Place and Oscar, nominated for his role in the film Love Story.
Speaker 1: And I think he just Peyton's Place or Peyton Place?
Speaker 2: Oh is it Peyton Place, Peyton's Place?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Peyton Manning, Peyton Mannington.
Speaker 2: Place, Peyton Place. I never saw it. I never saw a love story. But love story was with Ali McGrath.
Speaker 1: Oh, God, huge film, huge film.
Speaker 2: There's so many things I need to say.
Speaker 3: Ryan was in a relationship with Farah Fawcett in nineteen seventy nine after two marriages.
Speaker 2: Now I have a rumor on I want to ask if this is true.
Speaker 3: But their relationship was tumultuous due to his infidelity and voladive behavior. They reunited in two thousand and one and were together until her death in two thousand and nine. About one hundred percent sure that's all accurate. But here's the story I heard, and you tell me if this is true. So Farah Fawcett Majors. Farah Fawcett was dating or married to Lee Majors, a million dollar man. Fara Fawcett Majors, and he was going out of town, and the way I heard it is that he said to his buddy Ryan O'Neill, Hey, will you do me a favor. Farre's on her own, we keep an eye on her, or like, will you hang out with her?
Speaker 1: Or whatever it was, and he sure did. He kept too.
Speaker 3: Somebody can say allegedly if that's true, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Farah Faucett was an American actress who rose.
Speaker 3: To international fame when she played a starring role in the first season of the television series Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 2: Farah Faucet to this day, her hair.
Speaker 3: Is just so iconic, Like sometimes I just look up pictures of her and I'm like, her hair just iconic. In two thousand and seven, Ryan was arrested after he fired a gun in self defense to prevent his son from whacking him with a fire poker. His son was forty two at the time and had a history of alcohol and drug problems. Now Ryan O'Neil had romances with Ursula Andres, Bianca Jagger, Jacqueline Besseaid, Barbara Streisan, Melanie Griffith, many more. Ryan O'Neill was a good looking guy. Let's talk about Pharah though Farah and her outfits on Charlie's angels and her hair and that iconic poster and the whole thing is just like, yes, Sarah. And also I think we should all get colonoscopies because of Sarah. Although I don't think she had colon cancer. She had a different type of cancer close to the colon. But yeah, let's all, let's all get our checks. And Tatum Mile was married to John.
Speaker 2: McEnroe, who what.
Speaker 5: This conversation.
Speaker 3: So Tatum was married to John mack. So Tatum is Ryan O'Neill's daughter, not Farah's. So Sarah and Ryan have one child together, Redmond. Ryan has other children from previous relationships. Tatum, who is sixty years old now, was married to John McEnroe. They sense divorced and he married Patti Smith from the band Scandal.
Speaker 1: Patti Smithe.
Speaker 3: I think she's Patty, she's Patty Smike, it's Smith with a why. I thought that maybe it's Smithe. Either way, she's the one that was in Scandal, you know, like, well, remember that.
Speaker 1: John John McEnroe did not marry the Patty Smith that performed.
Speaker 2: No, he did not marry Patty Smith. He married Patty Smith or Smith.
Speaker 1: I think it's Patty smikee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is too. I seem to remember from back in the day. I like that we have our facts not straight. How our society operates now, yeah, our.
Speaker 1: Lives get destroyed.
Speaker 2: Omo is like we're close.
Speaker 3: There's definitely some set of accuracy somewhere in everything we said.
Speaker 1: This story is going to get misconstrued, and it's going to end up being like Barbara Streiss in came at Patty smythe with a poker and shot ursula andres you know, or something like that. You know, it's it's just like getting out of hand.
Speaker 2: So bummed. I want to do the next one too, Go ahead, Yeah, I won't. No, I love you, I loved you. I'd really loved to. It's this is such this is my to so many in.
Speaker 1: My Fay show, Go Go, Go, go.
Speaker 3: Well, I explained to Rory how her car is dead. Oh so new car. Huh, you should get a DeLorean like in Back to the Future. Now, I'm just gonna even just interject right here in my at my place in La for the longest time around.
Speaker 2: The corner was a DeLorean, like an actual freaking I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen a couple of Deloreans around La streets.
Speaker 3: Legit, there's that whole story about the DeLorean right, like there weren't very many made.
Speaker 2: And then there's some kind of like drug situation. But anyway, Yeah, Back to the Future is still one of the best movies ever. Okay, but I'll finish the first. It's on the.
Speaker 3: List right behind the Batmobile. Okay, So Back to the Future is in nineteen eighty five films starring Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Leah Thompson. Ask me, just like any trivia question you want, because I have seen Back to the Future a thousand times.
Speaker 2: I've watched in La Oh you mean at which mall? No where? Like a where's the clock tower?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: At the Universal lot? And then and it's so save the clock towers the clock tower?
Speaker 1: What kind of guitar was Michael Fox playing in the open?
Speaker 2: Well, Gibson, great question.
Speaker 3: Actually, I believe Eric Stoltz was originally cast and it was like he wasn't funny enough.
Speaker 2: It is basically the gist. Michael J. Fox took over, but he was shooting Family Ties during the day and Back to the Future at night. How he did that. I truly do not.
Speaker 1: He's a human dynamo and a ball of energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like a stud Christopher Lloyd Lea Thompson. By the way, if you want to see a classic old Leah Thompson movie, I think it's her first movie ever, Jaws three D with Dennis Quaiduleia Thompson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's worth the rewatch.
Speaker 3: It's a water ski basically, Jaws gets into like a marine world, lou Gossip.
Speaker 2: It's so good. Okay, So you did a movie with Leah Thompson, didn't you.
Speaker 1: I did a TV film.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was that Christmas movie right Marolina in the City.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, Yeah, I did some I forget the name of it. Yeah, like a Hallmark like it was sort of.
Speaker 2: High Mommy needs love at Christmas like that.
Speaker 1: Right, So they called me. Yeah, I'm the.
Speaker 2: Guy find my sister a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Liz jingle Bells like Liz terrific. She's got to show up in Canada too. I saw her at the upfront.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freak Thompson.
Speaker 3: So the film for anyone living in a rock under a rock, however you say that phrase follows Marty McFly, a teenager who's accidentally sent back to nineteen fifty five and a time traveling DeLorean built by a signist friend, Doc Brown, And then many people question like and then has a.
Speaker 2: Weird interaction with his other But that's fine. We can totally be fine with that.
Speaker 1: Who was the bully guy? What was FIfF?
Speaker 2: Dude? Tanner? Is it Tannin? Bif Tannin? I think it's Biff Tanned Sorry?
Speaker 1: And then so the actor, So I spent a weekend with the gosh, I'm blanking d yeah, yeah, yeah, super cool. He's such a good dude. We had such a good we what did a convention together? And we had such a fun time. Tom Wilson, Yes, that's yes.
Speaker 2: And it's bif tann And pardon me for thinking for a second.
Speaker 1: It's such a great job with that role.
Speaker 3: He's in the second one and the third one, which we won't dive into now because we're really focusing on the first one. But does anyone have a favorite line from the first one.
Speaker 1: It's got it's got to be something from man, all these people's names are blanking, give.
Speaker 2: Me a pepsi free, So I'm going to give you a pepsi. You're going to pay for it.
Speaker 1: Who's the the awkward Yeah glover right. He had some great lines.
Speaker 2: He has a dad, dad, daddy.
Speaker 3: Oh, and he's all, damn it, George swear because he's like, you really think I should swear?
Speaker 2: Damn it George swear. And then he accidentally calls him dad and he's like, my dad's a peeping tom. Remember that, Calvin? Why do you keep calling Calvin?
Speaker 3: It's on your underwear?
Speaker 2: Alvin? Calvin Klein, isn't he a dream Like? It's so good? It's so good, so good. Okay.
Speaker 3: So the Batmobile is a car driven by Batman and housed in the bat Cave. It's heavily armored assault vehicle used by Batman in his fight against crime. Now, I'm not sure it was heavily armored in the nineteen sixties Adam West series because that was a convertible and I freaking loved it. The following Batmobiles were pretty legit. There are real Batmobiles, including replicas and custom built versions made today. There is the nineteen sixty six Batmobile, nineteen eighty nine Batmobile, and a fully functional replica of the Tumbler from the Dark Knight trilogy. Another fun fact, Jay Leno owns the real Tumbler used in the film The Dark Knight.
Speaker 2: Legit all right?
Speaker 1: Who hasn't gone? Amy, go ahead, I don't think you've gone.
Speaker 2: You want to go on this?
Speaker 1: I do this one.
Speaker 2: I gotta stretch it out. Paris and Doyle just broke up and Rory invites her out. I might as well.
Speaker 3: Doyle and I were supposed to see a movie, but I guess that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Paris. Are you okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm fine, trust me. It's not like I've been dying to see Blades of Glory anyway. Well, Blades of Glory is a good There's a limited number of pop culture references, but they're pretty solid. Although they're very they're not They're not as seamlessly entwined in the script as I would have liked. But Blades of Glory is a two thousand and seven comedy film starring Will Ferrell, John Heater, who is Napoleon Dynamite, Will Earn It We Love Will, and Amy Poehler. It tells the story of band figure skaters who become teammates upon discovering a loophole that will allow them to compete in the sport again. The writers claim that eighty eight percent.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: They said eighty eight percent of Will's dialogue is improvised or changed in some way to suit his persona in the movie.
Speaker 2: I've never seen this one. Has anyone here seen this?
Speaker 1: I've seen I think I've seen part of it on an airplane. It's actually pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I might have to watch the next one.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, I think that Danielle, Suzanne, and myself we should all read the last one together together and.
Speaker 2: Then I can comment as I am rewatching Amy.
Speaker 1: You can be involved in this tube, but let's just all read it together.
Speaker 2: Ready, three unison or like a ligne ali.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go, Here we go. It's just a new thing.
Speaker 2: Let's try and sound super bad.
Speaker 1: It's going to be good. Ready here we got three two one super Okay, guys, we gotta go faster. Let's let's speed it up.
Speaker 2: Thank you director, Okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you anyway? Action really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Jack, this is what this sounds like.
Speaker 4: Let's go line by line, line by line.
Speaker 1: Do you go first, Scott, I was having fun. I was having fun with that. Suki calls Laurla, she's car shopping with Luke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know how Jack Bower should torture terrorists make them go car shopping with their exes.
Speaker 2: Still awkward? Huh.
Speaker 3: Jack Bauer played by Keifer Sutherland, who I believe was in my dream last night. Now that I'm reading this, I think justin Timberlake and Keifer Sutherland were in my dream as one merged person.
Speaker 1: Did you know the second season of twenty four, Jack Bauer had a limp because Keifer someone injured himself coming out of his trailer.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: Jack Bauer is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Fox television series twenty four. He portrays a drill agent of the fictional counter terrorist Unit CTU based in Los Angeles. Now the show is real good, like season one to six, fully hold up seven and eight. I'm like, it's not all's good, but it's still pretty good.
Speaker 2: But it's a great rewatch.
Speaker 3: I actually wish there was a podcast rewatching twenty four, but we'd have to have Keefer Peper Southern one.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's let's do it. Because he's friends with Luke Dane's.
Speaker 2: He's friends with Luke Dane.
Speaker 1: Scott Patterson, No, he's friends with Luke. They go fishing together Keefer Yeah, yep, and Gilmour in the Gilmour world of Luke.
Speaker 2: Crazy right now, Keifer, Am I actually crazy?
Speaker 1: What? No? That's they are friends in real life and they go fishing at times.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry what you are or Luke?
Speaker 1: Well, Luke is Luke.
Speaker 2: Is that kind of the show?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, when I don't know, way back in season whatever.
Speaker 2: He's like the Island.
Speaker 1: Oh it's in the revival. Yeah, oh that's right, you're right.
Speaker 2: You're that Luke is friends with Keefer Sutherland.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, but.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you the context because I forgive something away for Danielle.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll have to get keeper for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Gosh, we really do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to get.
Speaker 2: Him, Jackie, let's work on that. I love Keefer Sutherland.
Speaker 3: He would like him because he's you know, he's a musician, like a good musician, like a very talented good She's.
Speaker 1: Got a band, he's got albums like a legit. Yeah, he's touring. Yeah, man, get this.
Speaker 2: Who But he is a badass on twenty four. That dude is a baller.
Speaker 3: He can literally save He could be up against twenty five terrorists and he will save the President.
Speaker 1: John Right, not a problem. And that's going to wrap it for pop culture. Thank you to mine, Repid Crewe, the very Verbal, Amy Sugarman, Daniel Romo, Susanne French. We will see next time. Best fans on the planet, keep those cards and letters come and we love you, We need you. Remember we and I am all in.
Speaker 5: Stay safe everyone
Speaker 1: Everybody insult the Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.