Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where it's always a good day. To welcome Colleen Wolf back into the Chris Wesley podcast studio.
Speaker 2: I'm Greg Rosbald.
Speaker 1: Jordan Rodrigue of The Athletic is also here to see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Crew is back for the offseason. You've been renew good.
Speaker 3: I love it. Hello, I'm back, baby, rejuvenated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get on by a threadit are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because you were in Philadelphia for the parade and we're going to get to that inside and in just a second. But we actually have some breaking news to start the show. Just two minutes ago, NASA has updated that there is now a three per point one percent chance and asteroid will hit the Earth in twenty thirty two, which is up from two point six percent yesterday. This is the high risk assessment the asteroid has ever received, surpassing two point seven percent in two thousand and and four. I feel like this is this is worth stopping down. I can't really focus on the rest of the show at this point.
Speaker 5: I just want to know if we could pick up the pace a little bit.
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty two is a long way away. Yeah, just put us out of our I mean.
Speaker 5: Is it though?
Speaker 1: Like, imagine if you were told that you have a three point one percent chance of winning the lottery, wouldn't that seem awfully high?
Speaker 4: I would think it's pretty low still, but I guess it is high.
Speaker 3: It's definitely high.
Speaker 5: Let me put this into football context. When we said that number, I just was like, where have I heard something like this percentage?
Speaker 3: Before?
Speaker 5: The Rams had like a three percent chance of making the playoffs this year after start, look what happened.
Speaker 1: If you just say, what is every team's chance to win the Super Bowl in a given year, it's pretty close.
Speaker 3: To Okay, I can only learn things through a football.
Speaker 2: Your team one, your team won much clearer. Now I feel like this this should be a bigger deal.
Speaker 5: It's asteroid of twenty thirty two. The Philadelphia Eagles were inevitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you knew that the earth was going to end in seven years, Like, what would that?
Speaker 6: Do you know?
Speaker 1: What would you what would you change in terms of your life process?
Speaker 3: I'd quit my job. I'm just kidding. I love my job.
Speaker 4: I would probably move somewhere that's like exotic, by a beach, like Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you like, you wouldn't go to Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: The exotic land of Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: That's you know what tell us about the preak. We haven't talked at all.
Speaker 3: We edit out that I said I'm going to quit my job. Everyone would quit their job, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I could. I mean, nothing matters.
Speaker 1: A lot of people, don't, you know, have any money, So that would that would be a problem for the next seven years.
Speaker 5: I haven't saved at all.
Speaker 3: Do you think that I've saved money? No way, I'll plan on bartering.
Speaker 1: We haven't spoken Colleen since your team won the Super Bowl. And yeah, the Eagles have gotten a lot of love on this show since and yea, I need to hear more about it. I want to back up to Super Bowl night. But let's start with the parade. Because I saw on Instagram you're heading to Philadelphia. I'm like, oh, that's awesome. The NFL Networks having Colleen covered the parade again. And then I realized, no, you're You're just there in the crowd.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, guys, I just so happened to be in Philadelphia the day that the parade is happening. You know you want me to do anything, No, we don't need your help. So I was like, okay, cool, well I can just like go enjoy it. The thing is, I was always going to be in Philadelphia that day because my uncle Jack was getting married that night.
Speaker 3: It was Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: So I did a very aggressive double dip of the Eagles championship parade followed by a wedding in Northeast Philadelphia. And speaking of exotic locations, if you're not familiar with Northeast Philadelphia, maybe you should book a trip there at some point soon.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous sometime in the next seven years.
Speaker 2: Yes, what was it?
Speaker 1: What was it like? It looked like a scene. Did you go to the first Breed?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: I so I covered that.
Speaker 4: That was the Cardi B Year when I didn't realize I was being recorded and then it was played back to me in broadcasts and singing Cardi B. Was very excited. But it it was interesting because it was two different vantage points. So this time I was just hanging out with my friends with.
Speaker 3: Some fireball in my pocket. Nice.
Speaker 4: That's different than being on the mic singing Cardi B.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's closed but different.
Speaker 5: It's fun. It's in the same realm. But I heard that this one felt like the first one. Felt like Catharsis. This one felt like a party. That's how like Les Bowen was describing it. Yeah, that people were just really like soaking this one in and enjoying it because they had already broken through.
Speaker 3: H huh.
Speaker 5: The ashes were poored at the last one of you know, people who never got to see a champion and ship that, and this one was just like an all out party.
Speaker 3: It was like a release the first one.
Speaker 4: The first one was like, okay, we got there, like just just a release and relief at the same time. And then this one was just like, look at us, now we're back in it.
Speaker 1: Like everyone gets into Super Bowl parades and World Championship parades, but there actually is no other city that's like Philadelphia and how they do it in terms of getting ready the night before and like the amount.
Speaker 2: Of people that are there and out there.
Speaker 1: They really do go harder, just like they did, you know, coming to the Super Bowl and kind of dominating the crowd.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: I will say the liquor stores the night before the parade were absolutely insane, and I completely forgot about all of the laws surrounding alcohol in Pennsylvania, all right, a lot of them, so it's some challenges, dealt with some adversity, But here I am.
Speaker 5: It's like a morning thing, isn't it, Like there's one where you can So I also saw him a post where it was like some people in the in the crowd, we're throwing up the airplane bottles of liquor to the wags, uh huh, and they were downing them and throwing them back. Like I was like, hell, yeah, that's everything. Yeah, like what a rad group of people.
Speaker 1: I know you were in the stadium announcing the freaking Super Bowl as the in stadium host. We're very proud to see that. We mentioned that on the post show. We have so many so like what was what was that like? And what was the the after glow and all that stuff. I didn't somehow didn't see you in all of that.
Speaker 4: I know, I feel like I didn't see anyone. I don't know what happened. Where did I go? But it was It was surreal because last year was the first time I did the in stadium during the Super Bowl announcing, and that was really cool, just a totally different experience than I've ever had before. I know, it was Las Vegas and it was the final stadium that I needed to check off my list to get to all of them. So that was great, but this time with the Eagles in it, it was much more surreal. And also doing it with Rende Barber, who Eagles fans absolutely hate, so it just added this other layer of kind of fun to the whole thing. But I was standing on the field during the coin toss, and that's when I normally am not someone who can pause in the moment and be like, oh, this is cool. I'm like just waiting for it to be over to make sure I don't mess it up, and then I can enjoy it once it's done. But I was standing there during coin toss just looking around and thinking to myself.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, this is wild.
Speaker 2: That is badass, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Just think how angry the Chiefs fans there would have been if they had known that the lady and doing everything is an Eagles fan.
Speaker 2: But you kept your profess.
Speaker 3: Wearing Yes, yes, we talked about this.
Speaker 5: You were wearing red, right, but theory this isn't Maybe an ask Connie for later the show, but I have this question because so I loved your.
Speaker 3: Necklace that you were wearing.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you so much from far away, it looked like a bird with wings outstretched, like I know it wasn't, but it looked like. And I was like, is Connie like subtly go birds right like subconsciously go birds right now? Because I know you had to wear the red suit and be neutral and all of that. But I was like, that balanced it out, the universal balance.
Speaker 4: Now that I'm thinking about it, it was wing like the way that it was shaped.
Speaker 3: But no, that was not by design at all.
Speaker 4: So total coincidence, everything universe coming up Connie.
Speaker 5: It was like.
Speaker 4: Finally at the end when we did our final hit after they won and like the confetti's going, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, can I can I now? Can I Can I now say something? Can I now talk about the Eagles?
Speaker 4: And they were like, go ahead, do it, and I was like, just went freaking wild amazing.
Speaker 1: I need to get that video and play it on this show since we forgot to, you know, consider having Connie on the show. On the field where we were right after the game, I was like, I was thinking about it as I'm leaving the stadium that night, and I was like, oh, well, maybe next time the Eagles win the Super Bowl and we're all still employed there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I was just wandering around with a trash bag, feeling just like for.
Speaker 1: A minute or two to come join us, and we can have Howie Rose and A. J.
Speaker 2: Brown, we can have Connie. But next time.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you missed me with all those rhinestones there.
Speaker 2: I did see that from way way above. It was. It was real.
Speaker 5: It was. It was really sweet. So we were we got some videos and stuff of you on the like we were panning from the cottage. I'm so it was really cute. We were walking so the Superdome had so many steps everywhere, and just like so we were going up and down these steps in different booths and everything, and uh, Greg stops all of a sudden, and I'm like what white he stop and he got his phone out like a proud parent, and he was like filming you and he and I turn around and I just see his face and he's just grinning, like just the biggest smile and he's like, look, we know her. Like you guys, I.
Speaker 4: Actually get like this whenever I see my friends on TV, like when I see you guys, And it's so weird because this is our job.
Speaker 5: We work.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is like I've seen you on TV a million times for some and other friends. I'm lucky enough to see on TV. But for some reason, actually being in the stadium of the super Bowl and you're there on the that's cooler. That's cooler than all of it.
Speaker 2: Connie is so cool.
Speaker 1: We've built the whole show around ask your opinions. Uh, later, we're gonna ask Connie. We got We took listener questions and got a range of them.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what you're there about questions.
Speaker 2: They're about football.
Speaker 1: But first of all, haill hit a little bit of news, not a ton of news dropping right now. I did the franchise tag primer last week with our friend Nick Shook. As our people are listening to this as we're taping this, the door is open. The teams can officially apply the franchise tag. And our first item of news does come from that. It's from our towm Pella Sero saying that the Bengals are focused on a long term deal for t Higgins, but if they cannot reach it by the end of the franchise tag period, they are expected to place the franchise tag on T Higgins. This would be a second straight year, so he gets a twenty percent bump off what it was last year. I think he'll be around twenty six million. It looks like that's what's going to happen because they never get the deals done early. T Higgins, I guess, is likely staying with the Bengals. I'm still not even sure, but they're going to use the.
Speaker 5: Tag them releasing this or leaking it or however it came upon our timelines.
Speaker 3: It felt like a veiled threat almost.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, if you're not going to make this easy or if we can't get this done, oh, we're going to tag you for a second consecutive year. When it's been extremely clear that Joe Burrow that other members of the team want this to get done. And I don't know, it seems like a half measure to me. It doesn't seem like it is a half measure to me to not be able to secure that long term deal with the player that the franchise quarterback has openly been discussing in terms of keeping and sort of pressuring the organization publicly in ways we have not seen from him before. And so to me, this is playing a dangerous game. They did it last year, as we know, it's playing a dangerous game again this year. Because it's like, okay, like, how how happy will you actually be with a half measure or like it's that meme of like the giant tub of water that's leaking and someone slaps a little piece of duct tape on it says fixed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this has to be so incredibly frustrating for T Higgins as what a twenty six year old, He's going to be one of the top skill position free agents that would be available if he didn't.
Speaker 3: Get the tag.
Speaker 4: Having the tag back to back years now, he can't go out and leverage what could be a bidding war and actually get paid here, Like he is one of the best number two wide receivers in the league. Maybe for some teams he could even be, yeah, a number one wide receiver. So I know that this team has so many issues with their defense and like paying obviously to wide receivers wouldn't be wise, so a tag makes.
Speaker 3: Sense for them.
Speaker 4: But it's just I think it's a real bummer because, as you said, Joe Burrow is out here, like, look, we can push money and we can do signing well in.
Speaker 5: It, and Joe Burrow put his over the cap on earlier and was like talking about how much could be restructured or front loaded and different things, and how his contract can be opened up in different ways. And I'm like, oht GM. He is public about this to the point where I'm not seen. I guess I wasn't expecting him to be this public about the pressure.
Speaker 2: This pressure.
Speaker 1: He's like, why are you better do every possible thing to get everyone paid or I'm going to be really upset. He is exerting as much public leverage as he possibly can. It's interesting about the timing because it was a team source that said, you know that they'll tag him by the March Worth deadline in order to have time to get a deal done. I thought maybe it's a little bit of like we're just we're not going to Jesse bates him, which is just letting him walk on the second tag that it also could be a signal to the rest of the league, like hey, you want to trade for him, Like, let's get those offers in because we can tag and trade him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's a whole that's a whole thing.
Speaker 5: They could do that and they haven't figured out the Jamar Chase situation. Yet, if they could go back in time and figure out the t Higgins situation before the Jamar Chase price went up even higher, you probably would want to do that. Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place with two receivers and you might have to float, like you said, the idea of tagging and trading one and you know that's going to piss your quarterback off.
Speaker 1: Well that there's a report on ESPN that the team will attempt to secure all three stars who need new deals this offseason, Jamar Chase, t Higgins, Trey Hendrickson, which is like, yeah, that's that's great.
Speaker 2: I'm attempting to.
Speaker 1: Get like a color analyst job on one of the major networks for the NFL games.
Speaker 3: Like Live Past the Meteor, put me on it.
Speaker 2: That would be good too.
Speaker 4: Wait, did you guys see t Higgins mom tweeting too?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, tell us she tweeted last.
Speaker 4: Night so well, she tweeted Monday night, selfish bastards and that was it. Who However, like in the comments, everyone's like, is this about the Bengals And she's like, no, it's not not at all, Like so she's saying it's something completely different, but just no context.
Speaker 3: Selfish bastards.
Speaker 2: I think she just finished the first six episodes of Love Is Blind.
Speaker 5: She's definitely watching Traders if you're talking about Bengals.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, the Bengals are going to try to get everything done.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, Greg, as long as they try their best, that'll definitely make Joe Burrow satisfied with this offseason.
Speaker 3: I think got them all to have fun.
Speaker 1: I think if you were a Bengals fan, though, actually you're happy that they're not doing the Jessee Bates thing, which is a letty and one way, because yeah, him or DeVante Smith are the best number two receiver in the league. He's a top twenty receiver in the league overall. He's my number one overall free agent of this entire class. And I kind of think, like, you can't really do all that. You have to trade either Trey Hendrickson or t Higgins. Probably I would probably.
Speaker 5: Know what you do.
Speaker 1: I would probably try to trade Hendrickson, see what you can get. But if it's not a lot, you get more for t Higgins. It's not that crazy to pay Jamar Chase pay Trey Hendrickson and if you can get like a high second for Tea where you drafted him, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think I don't think you're far off in that at all, actually, Greg, because I actually do you Sorry, I meant you made a very good point just now. The they're gonna be able to figure out what like basically who loses out on the potential Miles Garrett trade sweepstakes. Everybody's gonna know the teams that are involved in wanting to trade for Miles Garrett and what the capital would be. And if you're saying Trey Hendrickson could be tradeable, then there is a chance that you know, you could figure out like who the loser of that potential deal is or who's in the mix for it, and then that's where you push. There's not really anything like that for a receiver right now. So you would be then setting whatever the market possibilities would be if it's t Higgins as tradable, but you would already know them and be able to leverage and lobby whatever that top do.
Speaker 1: You just have a lot of time because if you tag them, it's just sort of this never end anything. You could have all the way into the draft to get that trade done. One item that popped up last week was there was a report, not from a regular NFL reporter that said the.
Speaker 3: Steelers reporter, not like a regular one, had.
Speaker 1: Made a call, not like a big Day be writer, that the Steelers had made a call about Trevor Lawrence. And since that has happened, the Jaguars came out publicly and said that it was ridiculous that that never happened. Now there's sources on the Steelers side through Pro Football Talk and NFL dot Com where they said the Steelers never even made that call, but Trevor Lawrence is not going anywhere, and that's sort of an off season news cycle of things, but that it would be ridiculous for them to consider trading Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Trevor Lawrence was funny.
Speaker 4: He was talking about how his agent texted him was like, Hey, this is just like a report that's floating around. I'll check into it. And then he said, and then I'm thinking about it, and I have a no trade clause, so I would know about this if it was going to happen. Didn't even have a GM Still, right, Wow, that's who's making It's making the TRADEO.
Speaker 3: This is the time of year. You're right, now, we know who's pulling the strings.
Speaker 2: I mean it really really is him. It's him and Tony Vaselli. But uh, I don't.
Speaker 3: This time of year is so frustrating.
Speaker 4: It sucks because there are just so many non stories but also could be a story that you have to read into everything and read between the lines of everything too.
Speaker 1: I mean, Trevor Lawrence is about they would not put him up for a trade, but he's you know, he's up. He's about like one disappointing year with a new head coach that has a long contract away from it not being that crazy.
Speaker 5: I've sort of made this reference before and when it comes to Liam Cohen, but like he's a good vibes guy. Like I'm happy for Trevor Lawrence that he's got like a good vibes team around him in terms of his coaching staff and the people who will be working with him every day and maybe helping him feel like refreshed and better. Like Grant Udinsky, who came over from Minnesota is gonna be the oc literally gets lost intentionally in the Scandinavian wilderness every summer, like what right like goes off the grid. No, yeah, and like they why, Like it's just the most I guess it's a hobby.
Speaker 3: You know, it's get lost in the wilderness to control loss.
Speaker 1: Because if you wanted to get lost and die in the wilderness, like you could do it long, you have to have some guardrails on that.
Speaker 5: Seeing he searches the fjords, you know, that's kind of what he does for his like get away from football time. I'm just saying, I like, I just like the general dynamic in terms of bringing some freshness into that room. Uh, Trevor Lawrence. You know, he's really an interesting guy. I know that we don't necessarily see that all the time. A lot of it's just been like he's been stressed and around people that kind of stank frankly in terms of his coaches and not not Doug Peterson, but prior to that the urban years. And he's he actually is pretty cool. Like his brother's an artist, Like he's got a good family. I just get the sense that like he's ready to take that step forward and like be around a collective like hive mind of people who all want to thrive and succeed together.
Speaker 4: Brian Thomas Junior also is like such a great vibes guy. I met him at Honors and like he was just so nice, so fun. Tried to do the duval thing with him, the Liam Cohen one.
Speaker 3: I was just the one that did it. But wait, do you have an impression?
Speaker 5: No, I just did.
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 1: Did you mention the tweet I had about Brian Thomas that he could not be that teams could not draft him too early, that that was my only draft take the.
Speaker 3: God so weird I forgot about.
Speaker 2: You should have next time I talked to him.
Speaker 1: A Jaguars fans were very upset about this because of the kind It would never make any sense to trade him right now either, although it is crazy if you were making a list of like the most valuable quarterbacks, if you include the contract, it takes a while before you get to Trevor Lawrence. Like he's not top twelve, He's probably not top fifteen, which is just crazy, even where you would have been with him like a year or two ago.
Speaker 2: I love fjords though, what a word and what like that?
Speaker 5: I know, I really brought that point up just to say the word fjords.
Speaker 1: There's a book called The Ice Palace that I bought in London this year. It's by tarjij Best Sass, one of the best books I've read of the last year, and it's about these two young girls who kind of get lost in these.
Speaker 3: Fjords, intentionally or not intentionally. The intentional part of this is the concerning kind of.
Speaker 1: Intentionally but that's a little bit of a spoiler, but kind.
Speaker 4: The thoughts of the wilderness. This gives me like heart.
Speaker 2: It's a dark book. I recommend everyone check it out.
Speaker 1: We'll wrap up the news where I just wanted to give a shout out to NFL dot com, who's cranking out some great off season content this time of year, and this is the type of article we could almost build a whole show out of, but we're not, so I'm just mentioning as a quick little news item. They had thirty nine different players who would be cut candidates you could possibly get released the next couple of weeks. You've already seen some of these releases happen. I mentioned how Raheem Moster and Kendall Fuller the Dolphins got cut already, so they listed thirty nine. Matt Acota, who does a great job. We wrote wrote that up and I recommend everyone check it out. But I just thought i'd throw five or six of the more interesting names out there and just if you guys have any thoughts, let me know. Tyler Lockett, Yeah, that's an interesting one. Grady Jarrett of the Falcons.
Speaker 5: Wow, end of an era in that case.
Speaker 1: Would surprise me a little bit. I'm putting that under fifty percent. But he came off a really serious injury and he's a little older, and they might try to get younger. Sam Hubbard of the Bengals, that's where they can save someone. Von Miller seems very obvious to me, of the Bills, I think that'll happen. How about this one, Joey Bosa, I think I think the Bosa and Khalil mack era oh could be ending. And then I'll wrap with a bunch of Saints Derek Carr that that's a big quarterback Domino to drop. Does Kellen Moore want to keep him? Taysom Hill maybe because of his contract is really big. Cam Jordan, who's an NFL media colleague of our.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can just go right over to the media side.
Speaker 4: I hate that the Saints are in such cap hell because their team name indicates that they shouldn't be in a place like hell, but the same that's where they are.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I gotta go.
Speaker 5: Somebody put me out of my misery driving. Can we expectse the meteor?
Speaker 3: I did it right.
Speaker 5: I did love seeing Cam Jordan riding around everywhere in New Orleans on a scooter, just like he owns that city.
Speaker 2: It is just it was, oh yeah, we saw that no one was with them.
Speaker 3: We were this masking smile on his face.
Speaker 5: It was cool.
Speaker 1: I was like eleven thirty am, no at night, and he just was by I'll buy himself on the scooter and we're like, oh wait, that's that's Cam Jordan on a scooter.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it's a great way to get around a city.
Speaker 1: It is like New Orleans, which is it's it's like you have maybe like a mile to go, but it's not worth getting an uber.
Speaker 4: It's any super Bowl city because like you made the road closures.
Speaker 2: I love that humidity.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We're gonna come back and we're gonna ask Connie.
Speaker 3: I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Solves gonna be the universe's.
Speaker 4: Problems and asteroid, not a meteor.
Speaker 3: An asteroid. Well, what's the difference here, let's.
Speaker 6: Talking back on NFL Daily Living.
Speaker 2: To our fullest. Yeah, we cang as we can.
Speaker 4: Well, now I know the difference between an asteroid and a meteor.
Speaker 3: A meteor is just a streak of light. So that's not gonna end things. We need the asteroid.
Speaker 2: I think I think I would. I think I would still work. I don't know. That's not going to do anything. I saw that. I saw that. Did you see the clip of Jalen Hurts's.
Speaker 1: Mom the TikTok she did of like going into work the after you know her son?
Speaker 3: No, I need to see it.
Speaker 1: It's just like a little dance and with a little subhet of like, yeah, this is me, like going into work after my son is super Bowl m v.
Speaker 2: P, you know, a little dance or whatever.
Speaker 1: And it looked like a school, So I assume she works at a school.
Speaker 3: And I was I wanted to be ab elementary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had that vibe. Some of the commenters had that vibe. And half the comment was like.
Speaker 2: What what's she doing working? How come? How come she still has to work?
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking like maybe if she finds fulfillment and that's where bringing it back to the asteroids, like, would would I want to work?
Speaker 2: Out? Would I want to work?
Speaker 1: I guess if you knew it was ending and you had the means to not work, Yeah, I wouldn't want to work as much.
Speaker 4: However, I would like maybe work at a bar or do something where I could just like chill, like maybe get like a boutique.
Speaker 1: If I if I was missus Hurts boutique, I would want to keep working even if you didn't have to.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: All right? Greg?
Speaker 2: Right, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Machine do something more fun? I would come here at Chris Westley.
Speaker 3: He's gonna rescue Mark the.
Speaker 1: Studio and watch Jordan take charge of this segment. Ask Connie. She only Jordan knows the questions that we are asking and she is going to lead the way. Okay, thank you to everyone who follows us.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear the ones that just like Greg interrupted the.
Speaker 1: Drop, Well, I didn't know you existed on that, and it's news to me.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it again, Eric, ask Connie. That should be my text tone?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't like the encroaching use of AI on this show.
Speaker 3: It's fine, We're doomed in seven years.
Speaker 2: It's great, let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's got to be life questions, all questions, everything, And yes, thank you for everyone who follows us on Blue Sky and the questions there.
Speaker 2: We're off.
Speaker 4: I do feel like it's been very negative about like working, and I do want everyone to know that I do love my.
Speaker 3: Job and I'm grateful that I have it.
Speaker 4: And this is not at all like taking anything I have for granted.
Speaker 3: So just throwing that.
Speaker 5: Out, noted for the record today, noted for.
Speaker 2: That twenty second little SoundBite. We'll save you. That's the damn.
Speaker 1: It's going to be like decide, Yeah, what about those twenty seconds on February too much?
Speaker 5: Okay, I love I love this energy though it's good. We're all doomed, it's fine, okay. So this is a mixture of football life how too okay? And what's it all mean? Oh no? Which I find you perfect for it greatly. There was a really good football question we got, and I think it's a timely question, and I think we're going to need to all collectively start thinking about this as a football society heading into twenty twenty five season. And this is from on Blue Sky cartoon Steve Bold, and he nagged his own question. I liked his question. He said, I only have a boring NFL question. Not boring, Steve, what's the biggest impact the Eagles will have on other teams approach?
Speaker 3: This is a good question.
Speaker 4: You first, well, I think teams now are gonna look at their coaching stabs and their personnel and they're gonna need a big dom like that obviously, where they're maybe just more Italian influence altogether.
Speaker 1: We tried to get Big Don on the show. He was hanging right around our set after he thought he wanted to, and he wanted to, but the Eagles wouldn't let him.
Speaker 3: What what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Who he is?
Speaker 3: The Eagles?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we we big dom. If you're listening, love big Dog.
Speaker 1: They were like they didn't. He wasn't doing any any media, so I feel like.
Speaker 5: He was probably highly requested. I'm sure he was the set he was hanging around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's get some.
Speaker 4: More like you know, Nick Sirianni vic Fangio, big dumb they have what Pennunzio.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're an Italian influence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, I just missed the Italian market and having been home in Philly, I'm like the Cannoli's, let's get more of that. But I mean, well, everyone's gonna want to Saquon Barkley, but you can't Barkley also if you don't have that offensive line too, And it's like, oh, here's a novel idea. Why are you building the trenches? Like it all starts up front? Yeah, obviously, of course, and that's where we see it, like you have to wheel and deal a little bit like how we did and then hit on all your draft picks too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's interesting because everybody says that too. Everybody says we're going to run the ball and we're gonna build both lines and all this stuff. The Eagles have actually really just been about it, like legitimately been about it for years and it's been a year's long process. We're seeing the fruits of their labor now. And we did a couple of years ago as well when they won in seventeen. But what this is a year's long collaborative like guess and check process. And I think what a lot of people are doing. And I actually heard this about this year's GM cycle where people were interviewing people a either in from and in the Eagles building or people outside of the building who are candidates for jobs, about different practices and methods that have since been publicized that the Eagles use, such as the insurance policies on players and some of the contracts that help mitigate some of the financial damage should anything happen injury wise, about risk assessment and risk management. I met, and I won't I'll keep her name out of this, but I met this lovely, lovely woman two years ago at the Combine who had done some consulting work for Eagles, saying, Hey, we're actually trying to assess and quantify the level of draft capital per like red flag for prospects. So if they have certain traits or qualities or background information that we find that are considered to be a red flag, whether that's medical, whether psychological, emotional, or personal, how do we quantify that toward draft capital?
Speaker 3: How do we move that needle.
Speaker 2: Up and down?
Speaker 5: Basically, they're constantly troubleshooting and constantly guessing and checking and trying these little micro experiments.
Speaker 3: Behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: They have a massive front office staff in which they can do this, and they sort of just like, let the no, it wasn't the good message.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, they sorry.
Speaker 5: She would be good at that though.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing who this person was trying to as we're sending messages on computers here.
Speaker 5: But I should have kept a straight face and I couldn't. She would be so perfect for them, though. And I just think that they try these little micro experiments and they when they're finally ready to go public with the outliers that they have ascertained for the positive, they've already done so much research and data building behind the scenes that it looks like, oh, they just keep winning, they just keep making these right. There's a whole process that goes into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do have a huge front office in general. I mean, their personnel guys weren't getting higher though, Like I'm still surprised Howie Roseman's right hand man for the last decade, alec Alaby, got one interview in this cycle.
Speaker 5: And it was the Jets who did the right thing by interviewing a smart candidate.
Speaker 3: And they interviewed everyone.
Speaker 2: And that's true, it's still there.
Speaker 1: But that's like a robust analytics department that all that stuff's happened. A lot of the stuff that they that they were doing in seventeen in the line.
Speaker 2: But like it's very consistent.
Speaker 1: They've always traded more than other teams, and I think there's gonna be a lot of trades. But I think the most obvious basic thing that they do better than other teams that every team could and should copy is they just get their contract extensions done early with no drama and that's it, and so you actually end up getting a better price. So they're not going into Jamar Chase's contract year like the Bengals are. And you self scout well and identify who your guys are, and it's not just the superstar, it's the Josh Sweats, who's who had Like that first time they resign Josh Sweat, people are like, oh really, the first time they signed Brandon gram I remember.
Speaker 3: Second my lot oft first deal came so early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people like, oh really, but then that deal ages so well and then they signed they have already signed my Lot again to another deal.
Speaker 3: And it's the opposite of the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a lot of teams like DeVonta Smith, Like did the Landon Dickerson contract, you know, extension last offseason?
Speaker 2: Make a lot of news.
Speaker 1: No, but like, imagine if they hadn't done it, what he would be worth this year. And so like they'll probably sign Cam Jurgens this year, but teams need to do more of that. We're talking about the off season plans for a lot of these teams, and that is the best way to spend money is do it on like do it like if Jalen Carter, like the second he's eligible, they will be resigning him.
Speaker 2: He's not yet.
Speaker 5: But it goes hand in hand with continuity when you have a process, a scouting methodology. They have turned over that robust staff a couple of times in various ways, but that at the top between Howie alec and and also a couple of other people they've had person scouting department as well. Like that's that's a language, that's a process that's been developed and built over time that keeps that continuity. One of the best things at pieces of advice that I ever got from a front office person was if you it was about coaching hires. It's like, if you make the right hire the first time, you never have to make the hire again.
Speaker 3: It's a similar concept with these players.
Speaker 5: If you if you identify and pick and have an ecosystem around a player where you can adequately develop the first time. You literally never have to do it again until he's ready to retire or leave.
Speaker 2: Let's do our next Yes, ask Connie, Ask.
Speaker 5: Honnie up, asks Connie. Okay from brock on Instagram. My Big Game meal was an array of cereals thoughts, ask Connie.
Speaker 4: So that's bad they get ready for Big Day with Cereal.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl Sunday was watching use the seed in Cereal?
Speaker 3: An array of cereals.
Speaker 4: Oh so I haven't really had like old cereal in a while, but I will say, like frosted miniweats back in the day was my go to from Costco. So you got the double box, but I see nothing wrong with that. Some people like a game day Apple, some people like the cereals.
Speaker 1: But in a ray is cool because that is something as a kid, you sort of fantasize about just having a you know, option. The most exciting thing for a child is being at a hotel that has the multiple options. So it's like that you can relive that now, not a lot of nutritional value. Normally I still buy shredded miniwheats. Yeah, I mean that's it.
Speaker 4: They're not frosted though, just frosted frost Okay, yeah, like a Cereal buffet.
Speaker 5: Sure, I figured you was more of like one of those little like nodules that you have to soak for a while. We all know you have to, like great grains or something where you have to soak them for a while. It's like really good fiber.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big cereal person either. At this point, I would say, Hyme.
Speaker 4: Muslix, are you drinking milk with it? Are you doing like oat milk, milk, regular milk?
Speaker 3: Of course milk, I want to know.
Speaker 1: But I also probably only have a bowl of Cereal Max once every week or two. You know, it's not too often, it's not it's not a part of my regular diet. But I haven't grown up out of that. I didn't know that Connie is too mature. She's too cool for a series.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I eat.
Speaker 4: I eat also, I actually believe it or not before I came here. You know, those like infant little they're like packets of blueberry and spinach or whatever that's like crushed up into a.
Speaker 5: Why can't I think of the name of a pouch.
Speaker 3: It's like a punch. It's a pinka pouch.
Speaker 5: It's like a goo, like a cliff goo. Yeah. Baby, it's like a smoothie.
Speaker 3: It's a bit. It's baby baby in a pack. I eat that.
Speaker 4: I like that because I feel like I'm getting nutrients and I'm on the go the.
Speaker 2: Same diet as my nine months old son I do this morning. That's a bay.
Speaker 5: Another one.
Speaker 2: We got another.
Speaker 5: Joey says, how do I cope with being a Cowboys fan? I never experienced the nineties. I'm so sorry, Joey.
Speaker 3: You will never cope. It's just you'll You'll have to go to a new team.
Speaker 4: I think, unfortunately, you could stay in the division if you want and be a turncoat come to the Eagles.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what you do at this point.
Speaker 2: Why not? He always has Let it build your character.
Speaker 1: You know, you've had some fun with the Mavericks, assuming you're just like a Dallas sports fan.
Speaker 2: Al though with Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Fans, well, I was gonna say he always has the Yankees, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Joey.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, buddy, but maybe this year is your year.
Speaker 5: Joey.
Speaker 3: My advice to you is to feel nothing. Ever, Yeah, Yea, I'm sure it's coming, Joey. Don't worry. You only got seven more years rooting for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys fan, it's only seven more cues.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They an interesting space though, because they get the most attention.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: If you're a fan, it might be annoying to but they get you get great coverage. You're no team I think has covered more in their home city than the Cowboys are in Dallas.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: You always have access to like it is next level.
Speaker 1: There's the amount of coverage that they have all year round, so that's cool and nationally and they're always we're making fun of them. But other than like the five every five years where they bought them out, they're always pretty good.
Speaker 2: It could be worse.
Speaker 1: I could come up with eight or ten teams which I'd rather not root for, and so like'll it'll build character, It will happen at some point.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, on the flip side, he if he stays loyal to his team and continues to suffer a little bit longer, then at some point, maybe before the asteroid hits, they'll win.
Speaker 3: And what a release that will be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could say I was there for the McCarthy a time.
Speaker 3: I was there for the lot of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jerry Jones said we made a bunch of moves and we're going to be aggressive and then did nothing. Era.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was there at least as an adolescent, and they were truly bad.
Speaker 2: The Dave Campo and who is that quarterback? Quint? Why am I blanking?
Speaker 1: But they were like extremely bad for about five to eight years and they still were on national TV every week.
Speaker 2: Let's get our next question, Okay, ask Connie.
Speaker 5: Connie, if you could scream anything into the void, what would it be? Go?
Speaker 3: Birds?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: But I have been doing that, it seems like for the past two weeks, screaming it into the void.
Speaker 3: I scream a lot of things into the void.
Speaker 1: Do you guys ever actually just scream for the sake of it, you know, because no one can hear, just like in your car or something like that.
Speaker 2: Do you ever scream to the void?
Speaker 3: I actually did that the other day.
Speaker 5: I just screamed, yeah, why at my steering wheel? Well in the car.
Speaker 4: I think there are things that happen that lead you to scream and just be super frustrated. There was one time in the ten years eleven years that I've worked here NFL Media that I was so upset and so frustrated with what was happening. I walked myself out to the parking lot and sat in my car and just screamed at the top of my lungs.
Speaker 2: Nice and I need more. Yeah, Well what led to that?
Speaker 4: It was a series of things and then just a lot of miscommunications and I got burned a lot. And so it was like I just I was tired of like preparing and preparing and preparing and then looking like I wasn't prepared. And so that's a screamed. I screamed a lot, and you know, I guess it felt better. I didn't scream at anyone. It was just into the.
Speaker 3: Void, into the void.
Speaker 5: This is actually why I think Grant Yudinsky goes to the Fjords. Maybe he screams into the fjords. Yes, two more fjords.
Speaker 1: Although you have you'll have like some voice coming back, some echoes like I bet it's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm just like babyfood, literal baby food.
Speaker 2: Oh all right.
Speaker 1: Always, by the way, we're in the wilderness. Quite as long as I thought that. Dave Campbo years three, straight five and eleven years.
Speaker 5: But other than that, I still haven't remembered the name of the cereal up next Quincy Carter. Tequila guy says seventy seven says nice handle, by the way, get it tequila joke. Handle. What's the best way to deal with being a fan of a mid team?
Speaker 3: Drink a handle of your handle?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 3: I mean, I I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, since the Eagles are good, I can't remember, no, I.
Speaker 3: You know what, you just gotta play fantasy.
Speaker 4: I hope that your own team is going to be better than your mid team that you're rooting for, and you know, just make sure everyone's having fun.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: They say they say comparison is the thief of joy. I think in this case that it's not true. Realize that that's the vast majority of experiences for all fans, every fancy oh, like this would only happen to blank and like every fan base thinks of that there are twenty to twenty five teams in the league and their fan bases. That our experience is sort of this mid existence that you're talking about. And then you can realize, like, well, what makes me so special that I would think I'm going to have a way better experience than most of the people. I'm sharing this experience. This is basically what being a sports fan is. So keep keep the expectations relatively low.
Speaker 3: Try not to be happy.
Speaker 1: Greg, is it I'm just saying, keep the expectations low, says the guy who got to watch that.
Speaker 3: That's a good rule, Patriot. He set the bar not too high and set it on the ground.
Speaker 5: And I think he's also saying you're not alone.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I'm saying, right, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 4: I will say that if your team is mid I think that's worse than your team being absolutely terrible, because if you're stuck in limbo, it feels way worse because you could maybe get over the hump, but you're kind of just like hovering over the middle of things.
Speaker 3: I don't like that purgatory, right, But like.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm fuddly thinking of the AFC North because the Browns, the Browns are truly tortured. But then also just think of that same division, like Bengals fans would say they're tortured and Ravens fans, I know they've had a lot of success, but they would like they find the current era and what's happened last ten years, like extremely frustrating. And Steelers fans they think, you know, how come everyone doesn't realize that Mike Tomin can't win a playoff game? And this is frustrating that we're always they are the definition of man, and so it's like everyone has.
Speaker 2: These frustrating See.
Speaker 5: I think I would be fine. I'd be patient with most of these things. I would not be a Browns fan for many obvious reasons. But then the other thing is I would be pissed to be a Bengals fan because I would be feeling like I was being gas lit all the time, because what do you mean you're trying?
Speaker 3: I hate that you see the potential right there. I'm frustrated by. I hope it's not a Bengals fan.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our next Conny question. I want the whole Oh.
Speaker 3: Fashion advice for men?
Speaker 5: Oh, this is good.
Speaker 4: I don't love super tight jeans on guys.
Speaker 3: Wait, Greg, you'll stand up.
Speaker 4: They are they were popular for a time, like super skinny jeans if you're because for women right now, it's like a lot.
Speaker 5: Of bands like Jackers, like sort of the.
Speaker 1: Bands Kendrick Walking across well that.
Speaker 4: Is, I loved his g they were like flares, bootcut flares bell Bottom me.
Speaker 3: That's not really my jam either. I know, I don't really know.
Speaker 4: A whole lot about men's fashion, so I like a good Henley and just make sure that your jeans are not like overly washed.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, what do you feel about the acid wash?
Speaker 5: Not that?
Speaker 4: What about don't like affliction anything that's like affliction vibes.
Speaker 1: Colleen is very stylish, but I don't think she's a good person that asks for I don't have a lot to offer that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why No, And also like I'm so fashionable. I'm wearing like a Target sweatshirt. It's really cute, Ago, but thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Ask Connie, if you weren't covering the NFL, what sport would you cover instead?
Speaker 2: There's two questions. Let's take that one first.
Speaker 4: Okay, figure skating just because it's what I know the most, So if you don't know, I was a competitive figure skater growing up, so I love it and every time I watch it makes me want to go and skate. So and I like actually know what they're doing, like before they even get her.
Speaker 5: LA Olympics, get her in the booth.
Speaker 3: This is me.
Speaker 1: You know some people at NBC do you do you know now I could haven't been able to get myself a job.
Speaker 3: That's my dream, cover the figure.
Speaker 2: Skating, and I've tried.
Speaker 1: I literally used to try very hard to get tennis gigs at the Olympics, not like I would on air broadcasting back then, just like working behind the scenes and stuff. I was not able to pull that off. But that would definitely be what I would want to announce if I let me work with another if anyone is out there listening, I mean, Randy works at the freaking tennis channel, I think my contract would allow it.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm very knowledgeable and I'm available.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, I could see you covering tennis. I could see you definitely covering tennis, like as a commentator.
Speaker 2: It's a time.
Speaker 3: What about the biathlon? A breadth of fresh air and shoot.
Speaker 2: Let's see that.
Speaker 5: The second question mine would be the Dog Show, by the way, I went to one.
Speaker 2: My friend produced the Dog Show for NBC once and I went out and went to it. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: If you could pick a new team for one of the other members of the show to support. Which team would you pick for them?
Speaker 5: And I like the idea of assigning Greg a new team other than the Patriots.
Speaker 2: I have so many teams though, because you have.
Speaker 4: The Saints kind of just from that plane, So maybe maybe it's the Saints.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would give the Connie just for the.
Speaker 5: Con I was gonna say, are we mad at each other we're assigning teams or aren't getting Jets?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You get the Jets. Congrats.
Speaker 2: It would be great to have Jordan have any team.
Speaker 3: I know I cover. I'm a root for stories.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what you do, you do kind of you do kind of lean Cardinals, just loving what they do and you are Arizona Gal.
Speaker 3: So did you grow up with a team?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't grow up with the team really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so because I grew up in Phoenix and it was like sort of like laughable at that time to root for the Cardinals and go sit in one hundred and fifty degree bleachers to go watch them play games on Sundays before they had a stadium. Now I like them. I like what they're doing. I think they're interesting in terms of, you know, they always have a strategy arm they had their schemes. Those Jake Plumber years were kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I do Revere the Lumber and I do Are you a Cardinals fan?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: My sister's a Cardinals fan and she's miserable every.
Speaker 1: Football so that would be a betrayal. Yeah, we got to get you out of the NFC West. There's too much NFC. I picked the Vikings.
Speaker 3: I'll be a Vikings fan. Wow, I like them. I like that for you. They're fun. Good vibes over there.
Speaker 2: All right, last question here.
Speaker 5: From Greg Rosen thought, Connie, why are you the way that you are?
Speaker 3: How much time do we have left for the show.
Speaker 4: There's so many reasons. Sit down, get yourself some refreshments.
Speaker 2: No, but if you had some like sort of drill down to one.
Speaker 5: And you only have seven years to figure it out, like.
Speaker 1: A starting point, why explains why are you?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I get I don't know if it's because I'm like the baby of the family, like the youngest.
Speaker 3: So I'm just like, look at me over here.
Speaker 4: I can juggle, I can do this, I can do that.
Speaker 3: Like what do you need me to do?
Speaker 2: I'm not that makes sense?
Speaker 1: That actually that makes sense. As we wait, that explains Tim too.
Speaker 5: Okay, did you see Tim? I did adding good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out uncle Jack. Jack and Bill got married. It was great.
Speaker 5: So you saw Tim.
Speaker 3: That's Tim was there and my sister miss listened to the show.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't know, which is why I feel comfortable taking little jokes.
Speaker 5: I think that when you are in your between space before the asteroid hits, you're deciding, like kind of how you want to live your life. Your shop, the name of your shop that you run could be called essence of Connie.
Speaker 4: Oh, lots of odds and I love chokes.
Speaker 3: So yes, that's all I will say.
Speaker 1: All right, Eric, before we leave, we do have a very small item of news. I don't know if it's breaking. I don't know if we have developing, but I'll take you.
Speaker 5: A second asteroid.
Speaker 1: Oh god, one of those veteran quarterbacks is off the market.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: The Carolina Panthers have re signed back up Andy Dalton to a two year deal.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I mean that's something good for his six million dollars guarantee. Thirty seven years old, six million dollars guaranteed is not bad. Two years, eight million dollars. I think he looked at what's been out there for some of these guys in the past few years, and he's just had He probably likes living there, and it's like, I'm sick of.
Speaker 4: That's a great gig, like a backup quarterback, especially for him, Like you're on the tail end of things, like just sit back, collect some of that money you come in on.
Speaker 3: There's an emergency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he sagn Jimmy g make five million dollars in LA last year and he goes, I glowed up too, exact, give me six no one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has has improved, his fashion forward hair, his hack, everything has He's incredible, has improved.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a swoop right there, Greg. I know you're working on your front swoop.
Speaker 2: Not anymore off there. Yeah, it really is. Andy Dalton.
Speaker 1: What a career and I'm glad you know we have a connection with him here in the Chris Westling podcast studio. The Dalton scale for all these years later, a guy who got picked on a lot at the beginning of his career and he's still making happened. And now he's not the the meridian for starting quarterbacks that was the Dalton scale. He's now the prime meridian. For backup quarterbacks. If you if you don't have a backup quarterback better than Andy Dalton, you need one.
Speaker 2: And if you have one better than Andy Dalton, then you're fine. You don't need to try to improve.
Speaker 5: He's also kind of a high point for finances for backup quarterbacks a little bit right.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good guaranteed for like truly true backups.
Speaker 1: And you know, Bryce youngs a not that he's had any injury issues, but he you could see Andy Dalton playing for the Bengals. By the way, I don't know if you saw this before we go Panthers, I thought this news was.
Speaker 2: A little wild shifter.
Speaker 1: Throughout on his podcast, he just kind of threw out that, hey, like Aaron Rodgers isn't going to cost as much as Matthew Stafford. So if the Rams wanted to get some picks for Matthew Stafford, maybe Aaron Rodgers would make a little sense there for like less money, and he would really interesting.
Speaker 5: I think I saw something similar in the Athletic dot Com this week about the previous interests by the Rams and Aaron Rodgers and the fact that the Rams would only be going for a bridge quarterback should they actually decide to move on from Matthew Stafford. I don't know where I read it.
Speaker 2: Do you write it?
Speaker 3: I think it was the Athletic dot Com.
Speaker 2: But just noticing, does he clarify?
Speaker 1: Does he Aaron Rodgers count as a bridge quarterback that they could be interested in?
Speaker 3: That he does count? I think is it for the.
Speaker 5: Limitations of the market that I believe he will have as well as his age? Yeah, but I think you know if they do. Bottom line, if they do move on from Matthew Stafford, it will be a bridge. They won't spend a significant amount of money or time like time parameters on a contract structure unless that person is their present and their future.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to read more about that on the Athletic dot Com.
Speaker 2: I just want better for for my family. My family, the Rams fans, they did not want Aaron Rodgers. They do not want to be rooting.
Speaker 5: For Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Well, but and yet it sort of makes sense he would take a Sean mcvaye discount because who's the one guy who could revive his career and have him go out pretty well. He actually might think about taking relatively little money for Aaron Rodgers, and they would be confident enough that they could make it work.
Speaker 2: But they shouldn't be. That's asked. It's asking for a box in the Henhouse.
Speaker 5: I will say, all that's true, I will say, and I don't mean to make this sound like a jab or anything. They're an extremely huboristic organization, like they think to do these things and then half the time they actually go do them.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm glad we got that in this show because that was.
Speaker 5: Just thank god, thank god, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: The Henhouse really got me.
Speaker 1: Let's play that music. Great having you back, Kelly's so good.
Speaker 3: To be here. That was fun. Ask Connie y.
Speaker 1: We will bring back Ask Connie this off season because wisdom excell it's there in the title.
Speaker 2: It's a daily show. There's a lot of shows coming out back.
Speaker 1: A previewing division with Patrick Claibahn and Steve Weiss.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is the regular season right now.
Speaker 5: Regular.
Speaker 3: I love when you're like this because that's my default.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, come on over, are you one hinge?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's all be on hinged together.