Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Ted Cruz and the Week in Review Ben Ferguson with you. And these are the major stories that we chatted about this week that you may have missed. First up, I can't believe I'm saying this, but there was an actual article in a major newspaper that said that Joe Biden was an amazing leader, that he did incredible things. Why on earth would you be writing that article when the majority of Americans say that his presidency was a disaster. Will break down the Biden failures for you in a moment. Also, there was a big prediction that Joe Biden was going to pardon or give clemency to people that were hardcore criminals, including those on death row. Well, that is exactly what he did, and could it be because he's about to pardon many others around the Biden crime family. And finally, there's another big question that Democrats are dealing with right now, and that is should they have kicked Joe Biden to the curb sooner than they did and would that have changed the outcome of the election, meaning Donald Trump wouldn't have been elected president. Will break that down as now they're trying to figure out what they're going to do next. It's the Weekend Review and it starts right now.
Speaker 3: So let's move to the Washington Post. And I'm going to do something unusual on this podcast. So I read this article and my head exploded, and I texted you and said, this is the most absurd, self satirizing article I've ever seen. So I just want to go through it literally, line by line. This is a major story in the Washington Post banner headline on Drudge and it is entitled We're just going to go through sentence by sentence. It's entitled how Biden leads Joe Biden's lonely battle to sell his vision of American democracy. In his presidency's final chapter, Biden has mused about whether he should have handled some decisions differently. And the guy who wrote this is a guy named Tyler Pager. We're going to come back to him later. So let's start earlier this year, Representative James E. Cliburn met President Joe Biden at the White House to deliver a stern message Biden had to find a way to revitalize his flagging campaign. Clyburn, who had been pivotal to Biden's twenty twenty, Victory also made a confession about his own long standing belief that substance is more important than style and politics.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 3: I've come to the conclusion in recent days that I'm wrong about that, The South Carolina Democrat eighty four remembers, telling Biden the new environment that we currently live in, style seems to carry the day more than substance. Your style, he told the President, does not lend itself well to the environment we're currently in. Clyburne's conclusion, which was shared by anxious Democrats in the months before the president ended his reelection bid, undermined brought Biden's theory of presidential leadership. After Donald Trump's assent, Biden believed that he just needed to show Americans that traditional democracy still worked by listening, but two experts working with Republicans passing popular policies, and voters would rally around him. Right, Let's stop there. Okay, so so far every word of this article. If this was written by the Biden press office, it would not be any different. And this entire article is hagiography. This entire article is not journalism. It is not only trying to praise breathlessly as we're going to go through Joe Biden and cast him as a mighty titan. But it is profoundly dishonest. So it starts with the frame that Biden's great success is on substance, not style. And the obvious implication of which we're going to get more is that all Trump has his style. There's no substance. That's the obvious implication. Let's take this last sentence. After Donald Trump's assent, Biden believed he just needed to show Americans that traditional democracy still worked. We're going to get more into democracy a second by listening to experts, working with Republicans and passing popular policies. Alright, what experts did he listen to? He did not work with Republicans. Every damned thing he passed he rammed through on a vicious party line vote. He used budget reconciliation over and over again with no Republicans and passing popular policies. Nobody helped Donald Trump get elected more than Joseph Robinette Biden Junior because his policies were so incredibly unpopular.
Speaker 4: All right, let's keep going back to the article quote.
Speaker 3: He succeeded in phase one of his plan. Did he now enacting legislation, much of it bipartisan, to reshape the nation's infrastructure, revive the semiconductor industry, and fight climate change. Let's be clear, the climate change. The Inflation Reduction Act was a straight party line vote rammed through on reconciliation, but Phase two never happened. The truth of Biden's presidency is that he has failed in what, by his own count, his most important mission, making Trump's presidency seem like an aberration.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 3: He governed through traditional processes and institutions, said Julians E. Zellezer, a moron presidential historian at Princeton University. It doesn't say moron, but you're going to see that everything this guy says. I know he's sadly a professor at Miyama Mater. He's a complete moron. Let's start with the traditional processes and institutions. There's nothing traditional about weaponizing the federal government to go after your opponents. There's nothing traditional about prosecuting and indicting the former president over and over and over again. There's nothing traditional and using the institutions about opening the border and having an invasion of our country. But here the good Princeton professor quote. It didn't change the picture where he started. This anger in the electorate towards institution, This support for a pretty radical conservative vision that Trump embodied, it didn't do anything to end the very intense polarization that exists in this country now. The idea that Trump is a radical conservative is a bizarre idea. Trump ran on securing the border, bringing down inflation, standing with our friends, and defeating our enemies. That is very hard to characterize as a quote radical conservative vision. But hey, the Princeton professor says it, and the Washington Post breathlessly reports it. We're gonna go on here, but give me your thoughts so far, then we'll go back to the article.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised that this is how they want to just rewrite history part of this and just be be so delusional.
Speaker 1: I am a little bit.
Speaker 4: It gets worse.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit shocked though.
Speaker 2: If they, like, you know how you're supposed to like proofread before you print, If you're reading what you just wrote that you just read, I would think there would be a moment where you might be like, yeah, I don't know if this needs to see the light of day.
Speaker 1: Yet here it is. They put it out there, all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's keep going because it gets much much worse. Previous articles in this series examined the pillars, Oh they're so strong. The pillars the pillars of Biden's leadership, how he absorbs information, how he makes decisions, how he communicates with Americans. They showed that Biden, even at the peak of his glorious magnificent power, doesn't say glorious magnificent, but it's just implied, struggled mightily to communicate his decisions and vision. This article, based on interviews with more than two thousand people close to Biden, reveals the ways in which his theory of how to succeed in an era of American politics dominated by Trump fell apart in the final phase of his presidency, and how he's been publicly and privately rethinking whether he should have handled some decisions differently, even some of his closest advisers without faulting. Biden conceded recently that his style of governing did not always mesh with today's politics.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 3: The president has been operating on time horizon measured in decades, while the political cycle is measured in four years. Jake Sullivan, Biden's national security advisor said, with his lips planted firmly on Biden's rear end that last piece was my come Like, I want to go back and listen to that sentence again. The president has been operating on a time horizon measured in decades, while the political cycle is measured in four years. Now, look kudos to the Biden White House for just having the kutzpah to say, oh, Biden's presidency would be hysteric, and you know, you really have to measure decades. Twelve million people invading this country. Four years is too short to measure it. We're going to screw up this country for decades, you know, undermining our allies, causing two wars, a war in Ukraine and a war in Gaza. Like, you're right, the harm from Biden will last decades. But that's their entire spend. Well, yes, everything Biden did was profoundly unpopular because all of his policies failed. But he's really playing the long game. You foolish people don't understand this. This misery is good for you. All right, Let's let's keep going. Sullivan added that Biden's accomplishments, by their nature, will take a long time to bear fruit quote. How to govern at this moment to set the US up for long term success has one answer, and how to deal with midterm and presidential elections in the very short term might have a different answer. He said, the President went with doing things that really put America in a strong position. Ben, what the hell have they done to put America in a strong position in every part of the world. America is weaker today than when Joe Biden entered the White House. Like, this is absurd. And I got to say the absurd thing We're going go back to this in a minute, is the Washington Post just publishes this drivel like its news that there's not a moment of reflection, there's not a moment of facts that there's not a moment of reality, And it's I mean, how do you react to that that, oh, he's playing the long game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there's two things here.
Speaker 2: One there's a part of me that's like I can't believe it, and then there's another part of me it's like good because if you don't learn from your losses, then you're going to repeat the same mistakes that you just made. And I think the Democratic Party learned nothing from November nothing from losing the popular vote, nothing from the resurrection of Donald Trump from two thy to twenty twenty four, nothing from weaponizing the government, nothing from overspending and no accountability, and honestly nothing they've learned nothing from having a president that quickly was inated. So part of me is like, good, yeah, keep writing these types of articles because it's gonna help conservatives like you and I be able to be way more successful in getting this country back on track.
Speaker 3: Well, the Ben the Post just reported that he absorbed information like you know, some some sort of nobel you know, scientists, Like like, just all right, let's let's go back. As his presidency and his fifty year political career wind down far faster than he wanted, Biden has taken to acknowledging some strategic mistakes, both big and small. Many of those missteps resulted from his determination to restore the age old rules of the American presidency after Trump's term, a determination that many of his supporters in retrospect consider a politically fatal error. All right, so what are the age old rules of the American presidency that he returned to earlier this month and a speech on his economic legacy, Biden admitted he was stupid for not putting his own aim on the pandemic relief checks his administration sent out in twenty twenty one. Yeah, that really was the problem. He just didn't sign the checks. Clearly Kamala would have won if Biden had just signed those checks. That that was the pivotal issue.
Speaker 4: Damn it.
Speaker 3: I didn't see Joe Biden's name on those checks, so forget it. But hey, Trump, by contrast, made a point of signing his own relief checks in twenty twenty, and Biden suggested that Trump got more credit for the economic recovery because of it.
Speaker 4: Balderdash.
Speaker 3: Biden acknowledged that he had quote screwed up. It is June twenty seventh debate against Trump. You think as he struggled to put together sentences and defend his policies as his rivals held forth with a series of falsehoods. Evil liar who I hate named Donald Trump that is not there, it's just implied and called him a criminal. He does not regret participating in the debate. Justice performance that night. Now at this point, there's a breakout quote, and you know what the breakout quote is. It's Jake Sullivan saying the president is operating on a time horizon measured in decades, while the political cycle is measured in four years. So if you missed the central political spin from the White House, then well that's your problem.
Speaker 4: Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: He is also amused on changes in the media, arguing that he did not get enough credit for his accomplishments, especially on the economy, but inciting examples like Richard M. Nixon's nineteen sixty debate against John F. Kennedy, Biden has suggested that, like Nixon, he has struggled to adjust to a new media landscape. We pick what news we want to hear. It's a totally different deal, Biden said in a podcast interview this month. We've got to figure out how we deal with this significant technological change. If Nixon was more accustomed to television, he wouldn't have perspired so much, and he would be president when he beat Kennedy. I know that sounds silly, but think of the changes taking place. Where do you go what is true? We have no evidence anymore. I'm not sure how that gets resolved. The president and his aides have acknowledged that they struggled to communicate. See that's the whole problem. The record was phenomenal. They just failed to commune, struggle to communicate about the administration's efforts to lift the country out of the pandemic. Frustrated that even as the United States fared better than other countries, Americans did not feel the impact psychologically, You idiots, you're doing great. Why are you so dumb that you don't realize it? And now here's all right?
Speaker 4: Now? Remember so so far, there's.
Speaker 3: Two main themes that the post is laid out. Number one, genius Biden is playing.
Speaker 4: For the history books for the decades rather.
Speaker 3: Than the short term political cycles, so don't blame him for the disasters of his policies. But number two, that he wanted to restore the norms of the presidency and the norms of democracy.
Speaker 4: So this next paragraph is going to blow your mind.
Speaker 3: In private, Biden has also said he should have picked someone other than Merrick Garland as Attorney General.
Speaker 4: Well, no kidding.
Speaker 3: He was the most partisan and political attorney general in history and a discret the Department of Justice. But no, no, no, no, no, that's not Biden's complaint. Biden quote complaining about the Justice Department's slowness under Garland in prosecuting Trump and its aggressiveness in prosecuting Biden's son Hunter, according to people familiar with his comments, so understand this great titan restoring the norms of the White House. His DOJ is the first Department of Justice to indict and prosecute a former president and a leading candidate for president who later got elected president in the history of our country. It's never been done. Under Biden, they did it twice. They absolutely weaponized the DOJ to go after his opponents over and over and over again. They weaponized the FBI. And his complaint is, damn it, they didn't do enough. They should have been more vigorous. They should have indicted him more. They should have indicted him faster. We should have we should have attacked him from day one. I mean, and it is. And by the way, everything I'm saying, there's not a word of that in this article that they don't acknowledge. No other DJ has indicted a president. They just report like a blinking, doe eyed four year old. Well, his complaint was Biden didn't move fast. On the other thing, he was too aggressive and prosecuting Biden's son. Now, mind you, the Biden DOJ went to a court and tried to enter a sweetheart deal that Biden got a slap on the wrist in no jail time, and it was so egregious that the judge threw it out only after public scrutiny, including this podcast, which shined a great deal of light on it. But he still says that's too much to hold Hunter accountable. And by the way, the DOJ also bent over backwards to protect Joe Biden. It that paragraph may be the most astonishing paragraph of this entire article.
Speaker 2: You look at this article and I think there's three different points that I want to dive into with you. One, what was the real purpose of writing it? I'm still trying. I mean, I get the whole rewriting of history, but it's so extreme that I don't even think many on the left could take this seriously.
Speaker 1: Or am I wrong? So let's start with that.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they have the audacity to believe that that that they can, that they are that the newspaper, the Washington Post, is the first draft of history. And as said that this is not journalism, that this is hagiography. The article continues, We've only done about the first third of it, I'm not going to continue reading the rest of it. It goes on to say how Biden modeled himself after FDR and and and I am just going to skip skip to the end because the end is every bit as absurd as the earlier parts we read. So here's the end of the article. To show that he respects the peaceful transfer of power, Biden is welcoming Trump, who openly challenged that transition. Biden has repeatedly directed his aides to do all they can to help Trump assume the presidency after years of calling Trump unfit for high office. Now, mind you, every day in the White House, Biden is doing everything he can to frustrate Trump coming in.
Speaker 4: So what is he doing? Number One? He pardoned Hunter.
Speaker 3: Biden, which we predicted on this podcast, because he does not want any accountability for the rampant lawlessness of his son and the corruption of selling access to himself Joe Biden. Number two, he pardoned every single federal death row inmate except for the three most notorious, So of the forty, he parted thirty seven of them. Again, we predicted that it was absolutely brazen. Why because he knew Trump was going to actually carry out the law, and so he's trying to frustrate that. Number three, he's selling off the border wall for five five dollars a parcel because he doesn't want Trump to build the wall. Number four, he's granting considering granting wholesale pardons. He is actively trying to do by the way. Number five, Trump is that he wants federal workers to go back to work. So Biden is signing contracts, collective bargaining contracts to make sure that federal workers can stay home because he wants to tie up the next administration on litigation. So but here, here's what the Post said. Biden has repeatedly directed his aides to do all they can to help Trump assume the presidency. Like what utter and complete garbage. And let me say something, Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post. Jeff Bezos should be ashamed of this garbage. If Jeff Bezos cared at all about the integrity of the Washington Post, this guy, Tyler Patron, I have no idea who this numbskull is. He should be fired. He is not a journalist. Anyone who writes this garbage that contains no facts, it contains no counterbalancing countervailing side. It is simply if Madison Avenue were hired to come in and let's rewrite the Biden presidency to be exactly what we wanted it, they couldn't write it more ridiculous than this. And by the way, the editor who signed off on this should be fired as well. This is you want to know why nobody trusts the media, it's because they publish garbage like this without even a tiny nod to facts or the simple reality that we just saw a overwhelming election where Trump won the popular vote of the seven battleground states, who won all seven, Like someone at the Post should say, gosh, maybe these incredibly popular policies that were so good for America, Maybe people really didn't like it. Maybe waging a war on oil and gas and driving up energy prices was a really bad idea and hurt a lot of Americans. Maybe undermining our allies. Maybe giving Vladimir Putin a gift of waiving sanctions on Nordstring too and causing the biggest war in Europe since World War Two, Maybe that wasn't a great idea. Maybe sending one hundred billion dollars to I Ran, who sends it to Hamas and Hansbla, who uses it to fund a war on Israel, the worst war in the Middle East in fifty years. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. Maybe turning a blind eye and refusing to prosecute antisemitic terrorists all across their protesters terrorists is too strong. But antisemitic protesters who threatened violence, maybe that is a profoundly bad idea. Maybe watching the integrity half of America believes the FBI and the Department of Justice are completely unprincipled, because well, they've been completely unprincipled. None of that that there isn't even the time niest acknowledgment of facts. This is the Washington Post behaving in a way that I think everyone connected with this article ought to be thoroughly, thoroughly embarrassed. When your principal points are we're aiming for fifty years, not four. So as bad as our policies are in fifty years, will claim they were great. And Merrick Garland's problem was he wasn't political enough, and he should have indicted Trump even more, and he should have covered up Biden's wrongdoings even more. And you don't acknowledge any like this is a load of crap that ain't journalism.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week.
Speaker 1: Now onto story number two.
Speaker 2: Number five is another big one here, and that is the prediction that Joe Biden would harden death row inmates. You said that it was gonna happen, and it did. Plus the even more i would say disgusting deal that was given out to Khalid Sheik Muhammad, the mastermind of nine to eleven, to spare his life, the mastermind of nine to eleven, and a man that was also before even nine to eleven involved in many other terrorist attack that killed women and children and the elderly innocent bystanders that he did around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is a prediction that we made on August eighteenth, twenty twenty three. Give a listen to what we said back in August of twenty three. The way, I'm going to make a prediction as well, which is that these are not the only mass murderers that I think this administration is going to refuse to follow federal law and impose the death bet. I'm gonna make a prediction right now, which is Joe Biden before he leaves the White House will commute the sentence of every federal prisoner on death row.
Speaker 4: That he will do it for every one of them.
Speaker 3: And that includes It includes the white supremacist and Nazi who murdered nine African Americans at the Mother Emmanuel Ame Church in Charleston, South Carolina, in a horrific hate crime.
Speaker 4: He's on federal death row.
Speaker 3: It includes the Boston bomber who murdered innocent people by exploding a bomb at the Boston Marathon. One of the two brothers is still alive. He's on death row. And my prediction right now is Joe Biden intends to spare every one of these mass murderers, every one of them. Many of them are racist, bigoted, homicidal lunatics, and I think we're going to see him commute all of their sentences before he leaves the White House.
Speaker 2: Well, if you won't, if you won't take out the mastermind of nine to eleven and you won't give him the death penalty, is there anyone that you'll give it to? I mean, it doesn't, it doesn't get any worse than this.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. And yet that's exactly what he's done.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: So my prediction again in August of twenty three, is that he would he would remove the death penalty, that he would commute the death penalty for the federal death row prisoners that has come to pass. Now, to be clear, this prediction proves slightly off. I predicted that he would commute the sentence of every single federal death row prisoner. He instead commuted the sentence of thirty seven out of the forty federal death row inmates. And so there were three he did not. And interestingly enough, the three he did not are the three that I identified in October, or rather in August of twenty twenty three. So the three he did not were the murderer at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, the murderer at the Mother Emmanuel Church in Charleston, South Carolina, and the Boston marathon bomber. And those three are the only three he did not. Now I identified those three because they're the most horribly egregious, they're the most famous and infamous.
Speaker 4: That they are.
Speaker 3: Two of the three at least are vicious, unrepentant racists. And so I have to say my prediction. It was not one hundred percent right. It was ninety two point five percent right, because instead of commuting forty death sentences, Biden commuted thirty seven out of forty, and he left the three most egregious and famous ones off the table. Why because they knew that the press was so utterly corrupt that without those three that they would get almost no criticism for it. That would you would just go under the carpet, not really be seen. And I have to say I underestimated the incredible cynicism.
Speaker 4: And I got to say nonetheless.
Speaker 3: That that is a profound disrespect for the rule of law. Among those that that Biden did commute the sentences was was a Nazi and an Aryan Brotherhood racist. You know, Joe Biden stepped forward and said, hey, we're the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 4: We're here for Nazis and klansmen. I mean it.
Speaker 3: But ninety two point five percent prediction correct. And sadly, another element of this prediction just just became confirmed moments ago. So so this episode, we were talking about the plans to spare the life of khaleade Shake Mohammad, the mastermind of nine to eleven, and this podcast put enormous public pressure on the White House. The White House Koreem John Pierre was asked about it, and the heat became so much that they backed off of it. Well sadly, the news just broke that they're going back to trying to spare Khalead shak Muhammad. They're trying to do it literally on the way out the door. And the content that Joe Biden, this entire White House has for the voters. They are trying to break everything on the way out the door. They're trying to frustrate Donald Trump every way they can. They are such vicious partisans that there is no respect for the Constitution, for the rule of law, no respect for the voters. They don't care what the voters said in November. They are trying to literally break everything on the way out the door, and I got to say it is grotesque.
Speaker 2: As before, If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcast from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week you may have missed. Let's move on to another prediction. This may be one of my favorite predictions that we've ever made here on this show, because when we said it, we got a lot of pushback, and there are a lot of people that said what you were saying was chill step.
Speaker 1: Third, we had our ten foil hats on again.
Speaker 2: I mean, there were people that were angry over this, and that was the big prediction that you made, that Joe Biden would not be the twenty twenty four Democratic nominee.
Speaker 3: Well, that's right, and I made two related predictions. Number one, early on, I said, I believe Joe Biden would not be the Democrat nominee. He would not be on the ballot in twenty twenty four. I also predicted, I said, the only people that were when people were later talking about replacing him with Gavin Newsom or Gretchen Whitmer some other people, I said, no, that will never happen. The Democrat Party is a bean counting party. Next in line is Kamala Harris, and the Democrat Party cannot cannot push her aside, cannot push an African American woman aside for a white guy like Gavin Newsom. Their their party would spontaneously combust if they tried to do that, so I said, the only people who could replace Joe Biden are Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama. And I did lay out that I thought Michelle Obama. If I were a Democrat, I would much prefer Michelle Obama to Kamala Harris becau. Kamala Harris, as the whole world is seen, is a lousy candidate. So if you're a Democrat who wants to win and you're stuck with Kamala Harris, there's only one human being who can push Kamala Harris aside. That is Michelle Obama. Now what I think happened. I think they tried with Michelle. I think Michelle said no. And so prediction number one that Joe Biden would not be the nominee that came one hundred percent correct. Prediction number two that he would be replaced either by Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama that came true as well, although I did think Michelle Obama had a very real possibility. So let's listen. This first excerpt is from September eighteenth, twenty twenty three, so more than a year a year and three months ago where I laid out laid out this possibility and give a listen. So here's the scenario that I think is perhaps most likely and most dangerous. In August of twenty twenty four, the Democrat kingmakers jettison Joe Biden and parachute in Michelle Obama, and I want you to pause and reflect on it.
Speaker 2: So I'm pausing, and I'm reflecting, as we said, and so is everybody else listening right now.
Speaker 3: I view this as a very serious danger.
Speaker 1: I'm smiling right now because it terrifies me. And I also could totally see this happening.
Speaker 3: So, Michelle Obama, number one, you don't infuriate African American women, which is a critical part of the constituency that Democrats are relying on to win. But number two, you avoid the problem if you pick from any of the four. The other three are pissed because they're all to some extent peers, they're rivals, they're all jabbin knives at each other. Michelle Obama, because she was first, has the ability to kind of parachute in above all four and say, hey, we're not picking among any of you. You guys can all fight it out next time. You're all going to be on the same level. We're coming. This is the Obamas saving the day, and I think in terms of a solution that unifies Democrats, there ain't nothing like that. I also think Michelle is not all that eager to run for president. But to parachute in in August of twenty four, a couple of months before the presidency and suddenly wake up and be president not a bad gig. It's not a bad gig at all. Now, would she do it? I don't know. I've met Michelle, but I don't know her personally in any meaningful way.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she would do it.
Speaker 3: I do think Barack Obama is already running the Biden administration. I think he is already the puppet master behind this Biden White House. I don't think Joe Biden is the decision maker. And so when I see the media turning on Joe Biden right now, I think the odds of Michelle Obama parachuting in in August of twenty twenty four have risen dramatically, and that ought to scare the hell out of anyone who is unhappy about the direction this country is going and doesn't want us to go even crazier in an even worse direct.
Speaker 1: In an even worse direction.
Speaker 3: Well, and there you heard in September of twenty twenty three making the prediction that Joe Biden would be jettisoned. And by the way, at the time that happened, very few people were making that prediction. When we put that podcast out, it drove a lot of news. There were headlines. There were people that were shocked when I laid out that Biden was not capable, that his mental capacity had diminished, that he was not going to be the nominee, that the Democrats realized it, that they were going to jettison him, that the media ridiculed it. But you go forward to February of twenty twenty four, I went on Maria Bartiromo. I said, I think Obama's driving the train, which is which is also what I said back in September twenty twenty three. John Harwood, who you know, was the former journalist for the Wall Street Journal and for NBC, and who's a hard leftist, a vicious leftist. He retweeted my comments on Maria Barbaramo and his entire commentary was quote impossibly stupid conversation. So that was his learned journalistic view is that it was impossibly stupid to say that. I will tell you just in November of this year, I retweeted Harwood shot at me and I just said, I want to know why nobody trusts the media. Just nine months ago, a fake quote journalist claimed it was quote impossibly stupid to observe that Joe Biden was not mentally competent to be president. Now everybody admits it. What say you, John Jay Harwood? Of course Harwood didn't respond at all. He ignored it. All right, Let's go forward though. Not only did we lay it out in September of twenty twenty three, but then fast forward to the debate, the debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump that was on June twenty eighth, twenty twenty four. You and I recorded a Verdict podcast immediately after the debate. We went live recorded it that night, and give a listen to what the Verdict podcast said the night of the debate.
Speaker 2: Tender Cruz, I didn't think it could actually be this bad. It was worse than even I think either of us could have imagined. And now the Democratic Party is screaming replaced the president.
Speaker 3: Well, you and I are sitting here at is ten seventeen pm Texas time. At is eleven seventeen pm East Coast time.
Speaker 4: The night of the debate.
Speaker 3: The debate just ended, and I have to say, we have just witnessed what I believe is the most consequential presidential debate in US history. Sometimes debate change debates change things. Sometimes they don't. I believe to bite tonight's debate change things fundamentally. And I believe the odds have now skyrocketed. I believe the odds are north of eighty percent that the Democrat Party will remove Joe Biden from the ticket and replace him. And I believe they are likely to replace Joe Biden with Michelle Obama because Biden did so disastrously badly tonight that Democrats across the country are in utter freefall and complete panic. We're going to break all that down tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, this was a prediction that you made on this show back in September of twenty twenty three that the Democratic king makers could bring in Michelle Obama will break all that down center yet another prediction there again, go back and look at the night you made it right at that debate, and you said there's no way he's going to be on the ticket, and it was absolutely correct.
Speaker 3: Well, to be fair, what I said was the odds were north of eighty percent that he would be.
Speaker 4: Pulled off the ticket.
Speaker 3: That prediction that Joe Biden would be removed from the ticket, which by the way, is unprecedented and was almost universally ridiculed in the media, that prediction came one hundred percent true. I also articulated there were only two people who could replace him, Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama. I believe Michelle Obama was more likely. The Michelle Obama thing did not come to pass, but the Kamala Harris thing did. And in fact I predicted that the Democrat Kingmakers with jettison Biden in August of twenty twenty four. They in fact did so on July twenty first of twenty twenty four, so I was ten days off in terms of predicting it. And by the way, to be clear, I predicted that way back in September of twenty twenty three, so so over a year earlier. I predicted within ten days when they would throw Biden off the ballot. And I'm going to make actually a brand new prediction here, I'm going to predict that in the next year or two we are going to get confirmation that there was serious outreach to Michelle Obama to see if she was willing to replace Joe Biden on the ballot, and that Michelle Obama said no. I don't know that, but my instinct, my judgment tells me that happened, and we'll see in the next year or two if that gets confirmed. We'll have a subsequent podcast. If that gets confirmed publicly, we'll go back and revisit it.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Center Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast, and you can listen to my podcast every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict. Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again, Ben Ferguson Podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.