Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: So that's Connie Willis dot Com. A lot of fun too, by the way, you will be a blue rocker forever. In fact, at the very beginning of when I started that show, I had our guest on that is here tonight, mister Paul Graves.
Speaker 3: He's been on that.
Speaker 2: Show at least three different times and maybe even more. And I originally met Paul. I was introduced to Paul by a couple that and I don't know if they would want their name used or not, but they had this beautiful home up and I'll even let Paul decide if he wants to tell the areas or not, but it's up there in that Pacific Northwest area. And this incredible couple that I was introduced to by Ron Warhead, who y'all he was here not too long ago, And they had this really nice home with glass windows, well windows from Florida, but all the way up like twelve to fifteen foot high, I would say, because I remember a window was twelve foot, A little small window that they could look in was twelve at the twelve foot we measured it. And they had said that there was this sasquatch that was twelve foot that would roam around that lived there by the house, and that there was a mother, and that there was a juvenile. Anyway, they had a ton of activity there, and a ton of bigfoot researchers had been to this home before. And I remember when I was actually asked to be there and stay there. I was excited because I could be inside a house, safe and warm, and I could just look out the windows because these things would walk in and even you know, walk around, but also knock on the windows and get on the roof and be right there. So I was excited that I didn't have to be outside in a tent or something like that, could be in the house looking out anyways. Amazing home, amazing couple, and an amazing experience that I had there. In fact, a lot of times when you have experiences with them, later on you kind of get to where you're like, oh my gosh, this happened. That happened. Things become more clear later on, similar to abductions and abductees that they don't remember stuff immediately. Sometimes they do, but if you hold onto your feelings, your thoughts, and your memories, as best you can to imprint you're going to start. It's going to get clearer and clear about two weeks later, and then we'll continue that way. So just remember that those of you that think you might have been taken, always in print, Always in print what you know, what is going on with you, and just see what happens.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a dissolving and clarity comes about. Anyway, when I was at this home, I was introduced by phone with this guy, Paul Graves, who is with us tonight, and he had been on that property and he had some interesting things that happened, and I'll tell you what. He was a step ahead, and I learned a ton from him, I really did. And I didn't know how much I learned until I continued on and saw a lot of the things he spoke about, and a lot of the things and procedures that he did. I learned from Paul Graves, who you're gonna meet here right now. So Paul Graves, he's been a long time sasquatch researcher. He investigates throughout Washington and the Pacific Northwest outdoorsman. He grew up in the base of the eastern Washington Cascade Mountains, and he's been researching Sasquatch sidings for evidence since nineteen eighty eight. Now a lot of you are going to remember, maybe the Eye of Sasquatch. My show had him do the Eye of Sasquatch, the Footprints in the Snow.
Speaker 3: And I think there was. I can't remember the third one.
Speaker 2: It could have been where we just talked about those two again, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It could have been something else.
Speaker 2: But he's going to talk to you tonight about the Eye of Sasquatch. He's going to talk about the footprints in the snow, and he had something recent just happened too. But I'm excited to bring him on. I consider him a friend, I consider him a fellow researcher, and he taught me so much to get where I'm at now. And also he's a singer and he will we'll hear some of his Sasquatch songs that he has out there too. Paul Graves, welcome first time guests here to Coast to Coast am Well, he.
Speaker 4: Carnie, how are you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having Yeah, I'm so excited, Paul, it's been a long time since I've talked to you, but believe me, I mentioned your name often and I think about your work constantly.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, I appreciate that. Good to talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the things I remember is that because of you your work and tell people more about your your work, because I thought that was really cool, because you were good at not only coming up with ideas creating the way that you can use these ideas yourself, but also, uh, if there was a footprint in the snow, you knew exactly how to cast it.
Speaker 3: And that's not an easy thing.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, luckily that's I for I own my own concrete. I'm a concrete business. I do concrete work for a business, so I cast pretty much every day and make forms every day. So that that aspect of the UH investigation was pretty simple for me. And and like you said, it's it can be a daunting, you know, chore to do if you don't know how to do it right. And I encourage folks just to uh, get some plaster and just you know, cast your own foot or you know, a dog or whatever, and just just practice doing it because it's it is good practice. It all though, all though tracks are very rare. They really are rare to find.
Speaker 2: So they are and the reason why, and it's so hard to tell people this, Paul, and I know you know it too. It is so hard because it has to be the right terrain in the right spot where it's not, you know, to get a perfect one. Especially, it's got to be just in the right area of soft mud or sand or something, because the terrain is not perfect for footprints just the.
Speaker 4: Way it is right, no, absolutely correct, especially up here in the Pacific Northwest. You know, I've come across quite a few trackways, you know, throughout my career. I mean a good number of them. But usually when you find a trackways, it's in the duff and you can tell it's a trackway because there's large impressions and the stride between one print to the other is rather large. But the detail would be just terrible, and I mean, none of them would be worth casting. But you know, it was a trackway that was went on for a long way. I followed one threw over a couple miles one time over in the Olympics, and it was it was clearly something large and that was taking huge steps, but the clarity just wasn't there they need to step in either some sand or you know, the perfect substrate to really make record a track. And that's why there's not probably more, although there's quite a few tracks and there's there's definitely a lot more tracks than that are that are in the public database. You know, there's a lot of private people that have cast tracks that don't really care about putting them into any database or whatever. You know. They just a lot of folks up here in Washington, I guess, kind of have a different attitude. They a lot of people know they're out there, you know, and it's it's it's like, no real big deal. It's just like, oh okay, you know.
Speaker 3: It's getting like that more and more everywhere else too, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you've got you know, a lot, a lot of land out here for form, you know, to good, good habitat for them to live, like the Winatchee National Forest, which is right on my door step here in my back door. It's over three and a half million acres of the county I live in, the seventy no eighty three percent, right around eighty three percent National Forest county that I live in.
Speaker 2: Beautiful are you right there on the line are you that close.
Speaker 4: I'm right at the end of the road is where the mountain the castle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice.
Speaker 4: I mean there's just a lot of habitat and there's a there's a big history here, you know that goes back, yes, you know, a long time, well back to the first inhabitants, which would have been the Indian tribe here, the Wanatchi Indians, and it's written up. I've got a booklet on it, the Dead Future Road. And their name for the Sasquatch was cho Nito and it literally translates to night people. As you know, you know, the Sasquats. We don't really look at them like they're another animal more bit more like they're a little bit more like a hominid or a hominid type creature. And I don't like to call it apes, although we're apes, you know, And there's that fine line between all that, and you can go back and forth with that whole thing. But personally, I think that there are probably some kind of lost hominid that you know, we're finding all these new discoveries of hominids, you know, Homo habilists is one that came out of Africa and they said that it even had a small key brain, but yet it was one of the first ones to walk out of Africa. So they're finding out more about more and more about these these hominids that always roam the earth, and it's quite possible the sasquatches, you know, could have been stuck in between one of those or or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, now you've you've covered a lot of stuff, people will call you and say, hey, we've got something happening over here, we got something happening over here. How many times have you actually seen one yourself?
Speaker 4: Well, I've had three what I call all three sightings, and you know, it wasn't the perfect you know, full body, hello here I am, although that's rare too. My first sighting was I was actually driving up the logging road and I wasn't even thinking about sasquats at the time, and I came around a corner and something huge and black was walking in the road from one side over to the next. And then I was like what, I just kind of snapped out of it, and I think I gave a jeep a little bit of gas or something and it kind of sped up a little bit, and then this thing just it just literally went from the middle of the road and it just in a split second was gone. I mean it was just boom, almost like a fly on a screen, just going from one section to the next. I mean, it was it. I couldn't believe how fast this thing moved. But I you know, getting a perfect look at it and everything. It was dark. It seemed like it was bent over. It might even have gone down onto all fours, I don't know, but it was upright when I came around the corner. It was paul because it was paullar from the top of my jeep. And then another time I saw one through. What I think I saw was was one through possibly a night vision scope up in an area that we've been all going to for quite a long time, over twenty years.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, you actually caught it on night vision. That's amazing, That's that's rare.
Speaker 4: Well, we were doing we were doing night walks, and so there was like three or four groups of us and we were splitting up about a quarter mile apart, not using these last lights, and we were just walking loggin roads, which is something that we do to gain their curiosity. And I happened to have a third generation night scope and in between one of the groups, this thing stepped out and stood in the middle of the road for a minute and just it lived kind of back and forth and then up off the road. And I don't know if he was just out there because he heard is obviously, you know. But we also had some other things happening that night to some of the people walking. People were cramping up, and there was different things. People start feeling bad, you know, their stomachs were getting upset and things like that. So interesting. They did that whole thing and went back.
Speaker 2: And then I got to ask this before you go to your last one, I got to ask this, if you had the third general, you're bragging on this third generation, and good for you, good for you to brag.
Speaker 3: You should, but you weren't recording.
Speaker 4: No, because at the time it was it was actually it wasn't mine. It was I was loan to me and I don't think it had a recording device.
Speaker 3: Okay, you of course, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you know, it's one of those things.
Speaker 5: And I don't know the film, the whole film things tough anyway, as you know it is, Yes, I like to look at films and learn from films, but as far as you know, trying to put them out there to prove proven.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're not going to prove nothing. You know, I'm good. Yes, you have about films, you.
Speaker 3: Know, absolutely, he's the man to ask. He's yeah, exactly, that's true. And your third one we were going.
Speaker 4: To say, well, the third one was a daylight sighting of a partial sasquatch, what I believe was a Sasquatch. And I saw this literally about thirty thirty to forty five seconds after it or something pushed over a tree right across from our camp.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, really quote It.
Speaker 4: Sounded like a car wreck. But you know, I they do that up at this one area a lot. I've had tons of trees come down all the time. But it pushed the tree over. So I was with my research partner and his wife, and we were at our little camp spot. I said, wait a second, I go. We all waited there a second, and I got it.
Speaker 1: We all got up.
Speaker 4: We walked across towards the sounds, you know, and it always comes from at this particular area. All the sounds come from this one area, and we never hike over there. We leave this one area alone. We don't even go over there. And look for tracks or nothing. We just leave it alone. That's just one of one of my techniques that I when I when I come into an area, I always leave one area alone and hike in that area.
Speaker 3: I understand, I completely I want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we I mean every time I go there, I just know that's the direction. Well, obviously they would knock and scream and push trees over, and so we know where they're at. But it pushed this tree over. So we ended up at We waited a minute and walked over there. We waited about yeah, thirty to forty five seconds, maybe a minute, and we were standing there and I just happened there was a bunch of trees in the way, and I just happened to step back about ten feet and there was just just enough you through the trees where you could look back towards the road. And it made a big bend in the road right there, and this thing seemed like it had doubled back or something, because it was just I just caught it going up into the slide alder off the side of the road, and I saw a huge shoulder and had a huge arm and part of the head going all the way up into the kind of the cone what looked like a more of a pointed head to me. I mean, it literally looked like there was a cone shape going up that it could have just been the way the hair was or something, because it was kind of blended in with the slide alder at this point. So it was again it wasn't a perfect sighting, but it was as a partial. It's something massive, you know, sweeping into the slide alder. You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things that is amazing to me is when they do push down a tree. What it is an if you've never heard that anybody, If you've never heard that in the forest, when a tree falls down and hits all the other branches and the branches hitting branches and the limbs hitting the limbs and it's coming down, it is just a horrific sound. Actually, it's pretty scary to hear. What do you think they do that for?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I don't know, and I don't We talked a lot about this, and I don't even know if it's a tree getting pushed over because a lot of times what.
Speaker 3: You don't find one. A lot of times you don't find one, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You don't find them. And then also, what to me it sounds like is is almost like an explosion. I call it like a car wreck. And it's so loud and violent, but it'll it. You won't hear the other branches hitting. It'll just be like a ah, that's it. It's almost like an explosion or something. So I don't know. We've speculated on that. And we also from this same location though, we actually got what we think is a sasquatch screaming and then pushing a tree over right after it screams.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more