Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jazelle Bryant. What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you once again. Yes, is here with us? And it's September. It's September. Yes, it's my birthday has already happened? Yes, happy birthday? Yeah, and you know it's still like the heights of Virgo season. Yes, anybody that wants to DM me like a happy birthday just feel free? Oh really yeah, like you need any more happy birthday? I know, right, I mean, you know, just whatever anyway, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, happy Virgo season y'all. Yes, Virgos are very proud to be Virgos.
Speaker 2: Yes we are. Oh god, y'all. I mean, if you're not a Virgo, are you doing it right? Not? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean no, sure, whatever you say. Okay, anyway, we are going to be We have announcement. We're going to be at Bravo Kan Yes, Bravo Con is this year in Los veg Vegas. There loves Vegas. Okay, Rob and I are going to be there, not singing. And it's November what was the dates. Lord, it's like fourth, fifth, sixth, three to the fifth. Listen, get your tickets and apparently tickets Google. Yeah, the tickets are selling like hotcakes, are they. Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. It'll be fun. I mean the last one was fun. Yeah, Vegas I think will definitely be different. And I'm excited and we definitely want to see you guys. Yes, absolutely, so, y'all tell us who's going. What do you mean, like, oh, if they're going, people.
Speaker 2: Who are listening? Yeah, yeah, if they're let us know if we're going to see you there so we can like figure it out. We definitely want to give y'all hugs. We definitely want to take pictures all that. Okay, yes, yes, Brava Khan. We will see you there. We're not going to be selling any of our merchant by the way, Robin, but I do before I leave this house, Oh, I know you need you need a hoodie for your sister, right, I need a hoodie for my sister. I need. I The other day was at the post office and I walked in and I had on my reasonably shady T shirt. Uh huh, and the guy at the post office who knows me. They take care of me, They take care of my packages. Yes, at my little peel box there he was like. I was like, hey, how are you? He was like, oh, hi, Jaselle, I would be better if I had one of those T shirts. So I was like, shit, I gotta get the postman want a T shirt? Because I don't want him messing up my package? Yes, exactly, you want to keep looking out for you. Yes, I'm gonna need one for him. Okay, you guys, if you don't have a T shirt, you definitely need to get one. Yeah, I need to restock. We need to restock. Yes, Robin, and I told the guy, I said, this is not my department. Okay, but I will see the best that I can. You know, I will make sure to try to get you on. Okay, Okay, I need some hats for my mom. By the way, hold on the story, all right, Okay, moving on. Okay, so let's just go shopping in the basement, all right. Yes, do you have a reason to be shady moment? I do, so. My reason be shady moment is actually because of you. What would I do to you? Like I thought you were a really good friend. Okay, I thought you were and then but you've.
Speaker 1: Been in my house and you have not noticed that my car is in the garage. Okay, recorded two episodes, and my car has been in the garage. Okay, But she did not come in and say, Hallelujah, Robert's cards.
Speaker 2: In the garage. Okay. So for the record, I did notice she car was in the garage, you know what I said to myself. But Robin's car, I mean not Robin Wan's car is not in the garage, right. Well, we never parked two cars in the garage. Oh so I thought the garage situation was still a situation. Oh really because of Wan's car. Oh so, And I know it's a touchy subject. So I was like, let me not say anything because I don't want to like, you know, upset the Apple car.
Speaker 1: Really, No, all we care about is Robin's car being in the garage and.
Speaker 2: In the So Wine finally was so what happened to Wine finally? Like clean up or you just say no?
Speaker 1: So when I came back from Cabo, So what he finally did, okay, was push everything to the.
Speaker 2: Side on that.
Speaker 1: But he didn't want to do that because he wanted to like really like organize and you know, he didn't want to like just have stuff sitting there that didn't need to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blah blah blah. I'm like, yeah, but you you know, you can work on that along the way.
Speaker 1: But he really wanted to have some big old organization session where he's like really putting things where they need to go. Okay, yeah, no, that ship is on the sides of the garage. So now that my car can fit in nice and neat.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Juan Antoni.
Speaker 1: So you are shady because you have been here and you have not noticed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm just happy I was kind of give a wine to stank guy. I will no longer give him the stank guy. Right, So the divorce is called off. For divorces all, you better tell that lawyer to say get the retina bad child. Yes, anyway, moving on. Okay, So my reasonab shading woman. Actually I'm meant to tell y'all last time, but I forgot. Okay, because it has to do with my trip. Okay, when I came home from my trip robbing, it was an international trip, so you know where I'm going, and my kids do not have that global Okay, So kids do not have global entry. That means I gotta stay over and fly into Dulles. Of course I flew into Dallas. Oh gosh, now you know what we experienced. Okay? Can I finish off? Yes? I'm sorry. Okay, So I'm praying the entire time that I'm on my flight, like, please Lord, let customs not be afram R. Everybody from Bottomore knows what afram is. Okay, so get to the get to the customs. There was not one person in line, not one what not one person in the customs line, not one oh get out of here, not lye.
Speaker 1: So so, y'all if you don't know what we're talking about, anytime I have come in from an international trip. So if we fly, you know Potomac trips, we come back from an international trip, we come in and the line is.
Speaker 2: Snaked around so far long that.
Speaker 1: It's literally a two hour process to get easy two hours yes, yes, doesn't move. And Giselle, because she has global Entry, she's like all right, bye, y'all, and she just like leaves.
Speaker 2: I zoomed to the other side where there's no line. Yes yes, which, by the way.
Speaker 1: So the last time we came back from an international trip, while I was in that line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in customs line. I applied for my global entry. Okay, so did you get it yet? So I get it? So I got it?
Speaker 1: So I actually so I applied and then I have I had an appointment set for some time in the future. However, since I just came back from Caboh I did my interview okay on the way back from Cabo, right, and so now I have global entry. I didn't realize I have to get it for like my kids too, So now I want to get it for the kids.
Speaker 2: And all that. So that's me too. But I didn't even need to get my kids TSA see, and I thought, because I have TSA pre check, they fall under you until they turned seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, so I'm going to put that on my to do list. Let me just get it to my kids. But anyway, okay, so why is that shady?
Speaker 2: I'm a person. I'm not done. Okay, so so excited, I'm like, yes, thank you God for answering my brears. So we get through go to bage claim. You know how long I waited for my bag? Oh no, I waited a good hour and fifteen minutes because I cocked it for my bags, So let me tell you they were. And this is United Airlines. I'm calling y'all out as dulls. I don't know what the hell. This happened to me twice. I don't know what the hell. When we came back from France, it's the same thing. I don't know what the hell they're doing in the back, but a doing in the back. But they're like putting the bags on the belt like one bag at a time. For it is like one bag and then a minute goes by, another bag, three minutes go by, and then another bag. And I mean, I have anxiety about thinking that lost and all that right, So I go to the people with who have walkie talkies walking around the baggage claim and I'm like, excuse me, where the bags? And I show him because you know, you always get a receipt for your bags, huh, and they can scan that thing and tell you exactly where your bags are. He said, oh, they're not all out yet. This was after fifty minutes waiting. So I was like, okay, So I waited and waited, waited. Finally my bags come. I want to So after you're on a flight for nine hours, yes, you want your damn bags because you want to go on. It took so long I think they had a party in the back. So I don't know what was happening. I don't know, but I was angry and my naxtal priority Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay wait, so are you saying other people on the flight they were getting their bags and they were gone, yes.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they did the bags and ships. It was like a three thing shift. So it was like first they would get so slow, and then it was like first shift came and they turned the belt off. Okay, so we're all freaked out, like where our bags at? Then they did another shift turn the belt off. I promised him sweating bullets because I'm thinking my bags because we had to fly through Frankfurt, Germany, which, by the way, the airport is very nice, but it's insane, so I'm like, my bags are gonna be in Frankfurt. I was very upset. So then finally my bags came. Okay, yes, So can we actually talk about these priority tags that the airlines put on your bag? Yeah? What the is the point? Right?
Speaker 1: So I would expect if you're putting a priority tag, here goes my landscaper that needs where's my tree.
Speaker 2: Did he take a shower yet? I do not want to see your landscaper because I know you funky. Yeah, he hasn't taken Let's.
Speaker 1: Move on, all right, huh but no, but seriously, I don't I can't tell you how many times I have flown priority, have that priority sticker on my bag? Yeah, and my bag comes out, you know whatever, with everybody else.
Speaker 2: With everyone else.
Speaker 1: I would think if it says priority, that means put my bag out first. Yeah, I don't know who's what is this for? Who's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's putting them in into the underbelly. By the way, you know, that's how they make their money. What do you mean? Airlines make their money about what they carry underneath the play Oh like cargo. Cargo, that's how they make the money, and off of me and my international ticket, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, moving on? Okay, So wait a minute, Oh go ahead? So okay, so your bags came out finally?
Speaker 2: Are Yeah? No, no, are we were doing with that very shaded? Okay, So a couple of epis a couple of maybe a month ago. Remember when we talked about the aliens? Yes, okay, so I have gotten further information. Okay, because remember the Aliens were trying to tell us, because I said, watched the documentary, guys and aliens were trying to tell to people right with their eyeballs that we're messing up this country, we're messing up the world with technology. Yes, okay. So then I'm minding my business the other day and I looked on the Instagram and it turns out, Robin, and you probably didn't even know this, you know what, turns out what I'm pulling it up right now, that we're messing up the world with technology. Hold on. It turns out that there's a map that shows all the internet fiber optics cables that are at the bottom of the world's surface. So they've been knowing that we've been dropping Internet fiber optics the Martians alien and we are discarding them or they're they're using this is how that's how they get. This is how we communicate. Not only do we have towers, you know, the five G towers and all the above ground in order to facilitate all this activity, they need to have wiring they don't need to have, but they've put wiring at the bottom, underground, underground.
Speaker 1: In the in the water under under on the seas, the floor of the sea, the floor of the ocean floor.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called ocean. And the and the aliens note this, and they're angry. They're angry. They are angry. Why are they angry? This is not their land. There's nothing for them to be angry about, because they don't just care about their land.
Speaker 1: They care about because they don't want us to make the same mistakes that they made. Because clearly their technology is through the through the ros out of this world world. For them to be here their technology probably that's probably why they're here, because I guess their technology ruined their planet.
Speaker 2: And so they have nowhere to go. And they're like, please don't do what we did. I don't know. I don't know, but I want to have a meeting. This deserves a conference aliens and humans. We didn't talk about this. Yes, I mean you know what, it's I just the globe. First of all. Global warming is a thing. Yes, And it's because they put all the freaking yes cable network underneath floor. Yes, global warming is a thing.
Speaker 1: And I was reading an article about a scientist that was like, yeah, I try to tell you in nineteen eighty eighty that global warming was a thing, and now like we're seeing like the I mean, first of all, gosh, prayers out to the people in Maui. Oh talk about that. That's like that was horrible, insane, but just all of this stuff that we see, the wildfires, like even earlier in the summer, when the smoke from Canada was down here, we couldn't even couldn't even bring outside.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, it's just like and that the.
Speaker 1: Heat waves that were going on, and then other areas that weren't as hot, like the global warming is a thing. And the scientists now are like.
Speaker 2: We tried to tell y'all, but the aliens told us a long time ago. Yeah, and we weren't listening. Okay, Yeah, between the scientists and the aliens, they've been getting it right.
Speaker 1: The aliens, you know what, you know, it would be crazy, what oh my gosh, what if the aliens started off looking like us, like looking like humans, Okay, and now they look like one eyed monsters, right because of the tech of everything that they did to their planet, right, which they're telling us not to do, and they telling us not to do it because they don't want us to look like that could be they don't want our country, our planet to go like this.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, could be wow, could be we failed to congratulate Rihanna. Oh yeah, because she has had her second baby or second baby, and she has not told us the name yet, right, she's not going to tell us the name or I don't think so, but I would like to guess. Okay, because the first baby's name is Rizza r z A. Yes, So is it gonna be another Wu Tang clan member? I'm thinking o dB? Now is it just going to bed o dB? Are they going to be old dirty bastard? Well, she would never name her child old dirty bastard. Yeah, but it might be o dB might stand for something else. Can we get another Wu Tang clan member? Method it could be meth that would be I don't like that terrible. Okay, So but I think it's gonna or it might be WOO for Wu Tang clang now, okay, but I'm I I want to bet that it's going to be something in the Wu Tang family. But why is that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Why you ever why?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Do we ever know the reason behind this the name? Because he was a great lyric lyricist.
Speaker 2: Is that what she said? Like, have they said they named their child Rizza after clan? I know, but Rizza did comment, He did talk about it, and he was like, you know, very honored and blah blah bah blah, because it was I think actually after him. Yeah, I mean right, it's super random, like I've never heard of anyone else named Riza. Yeah, and I doubt that Rizza's birth name is Rizza. True, so maybe it's going to be Sizza. But we have a sciss We have a scissor Liza. We have that. We have Liza Bizza, we have that Biz Marquis. Oh my god, Oh my god, Jizza, have that just out? I hate you. I cannot Anyway, we are very happy for your Rihanna and asap Rocky for baby number two. And you think they're gonna you think they're done. Mmm.
Speaker 1: I mean I know how I felt after baby number two. So I'm saying, yes, me too, because I got to Anthony. Okay, that's what I got.
Speaker 2: Now, Walmart is have you seen Walmart's tiny house? No, Walmart's selling houses for nine thousand dollars. Get nine thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is that called a Walmart house.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's like a shed, an upgraded shed, like.
Speaker 2: It's you want, you want the dynamics? Yeah that what Okay, I'm gonna look that up, but it is. I'm thinking nine thousand dollars for a house. I can easily buy that the land there, right, I have the land for that. Oh so, but but why do you need to put them in a house next to the house when already have a house called my house? I don't know. I mean, I could be a guest house, a big guest house. Yeah yeah, but how do you get the plumbing and all that stuff in there? Right? So that's the thing that's the catch.
Speaker 1: Right, You're gonna buy this house for nine thousand, and then you're gonna realize, Oh, I need plumbing, I need electricity, need this, I need that, I need gas, I need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. So you need this, you need the stuff unless.
Speaker 1: You take it back old school and you use an outhouse and what do you mean an outthouse like what they use.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry. So, my my mother's from North Carolina, huh, and she grew up with an outhouse that's like a bathroom outside like a almost like a Porter. Yeah, okay, like literally.
Speaker 1: I when we used to visit in the summertime, used to go down in North Carolina. It might have been for a week, it felt like a year during the summer.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: And I literally would have to use the outhouse and I would have to pump well water and yes, what and what town is this?
Speaker 2: Enfield, North Carolina? Which is near what Raleigh? Oh? Okay, kind of is it still like that or have they updated the services? I think they've updated a little bit. She actually, unfortunately like has no more like family down there, living family, and she sold her property down there, so we haven't been down there in a while. But those trips in the.
Speaker 1: Summertime, yeah, oh, we're torture like my grandmother. Have I ever told the sorry one time joke that she was gonna like we were like packing up?
Speaker 2: Did that tell the story?
Speaker 1: We were packing up to leave to go back home, which I was very excited to do, and my grandmother.
Speaker 2: Was like, I'm keeping you. You're not leaving.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you would have thought she's threatened to decapitate my head.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, like that sits guard. I was so scarred. I was like, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: I cannot live this life anymore. This, I can't live this outhouse. No, I cannot do this. No ac mosquitos everywhere.
Speaker 2: My god, I couldn't do it. I could not do it. I couldn't do it. Just hurt her feelings. I probably did. I'm sorry. Yes, it's okay.
Speaker 1: But anyway, how we get there, I don't know. Yes, the Walmart tiny house. Yes, so maybe you have to have like an outhouse or a porter potty.
Speaker 2: No, I would put the bathroom in it. I'm going to do more research on the nine thousand dollars Walmart house. But anyway, Robin, I've been. I saw this and I thought about you immediately because I know how you feel about these people. Oh shit, okay, yeah, and I know you have an infinity for them. Oh, I know that sometimes you dream about them ups man. Yes, So UPS workers will now get paid a six figure Yes, I saw that, one hundred and seventy thousand dollars. Yes, change chain. Let me find me about ups sugar daddy. Okay, So your dreams are gonna like be on a different level with these because like now you and your ups man are gonna be balling out in your dreams exactly.
Speaker 1: Instead of just delivering my packages, they can buy me something like what lissaying Okay, okay, so I'm I no, but that's actually no. So you know, so it's actually funny. When I heard that, I was like, they deserve it. They they're freaking asses off. It's such it's it's you know, no, they're not in the chech industry or in the medical field.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, but like that job is not easy. It's so physically demanding and they deserve it. That's what tight booty is in nice looking legs exactly.
Speaker 1: And the way that like people are shopping online, it's not just you know, okay, we're shopping at the retailers, but like Amazon ships through them.
Speaker 2: I mean they are just work working. Yeah, they deserve it, and they get me my packages and I candy. Yes, yeah on time. Yes, I've seen a little brown triuck come up the street. I said, okay, yes, Robin immediately perks her back. Okay, speaking of money, I don't understand, so the ups man who has he has my money? Now? On August twenty seventh was National Cinema Day, and every cinema was supposed to have four dollar tickets okay, four dollars movie tickets? Yeah, right, So that led me to think I can go on a whole lot more dates with the ups man. But outside of that, Yes, why are tickets now so expensive at the movies? Right? When nothing has changed? The seat hasn't changed, the popcorn hasn't changed, the gummies haven't changed. Nothing's changed, but the tickets price.
Speaker 1: Right, So is that cost being And I don't know how it works, Like how do you do they pay the movie studio for the rights to play the movie? So is that now ice gone up?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the movie studio should be giving the movie to the cinemas for free.
Speaker 1: Right, and then they get a cut of the tickets, heales, I would assume. So yeah, I think we need to know how that works because.
Speaker 2: I think it's wrong. Yeah, I think that there's some timepols Okay, like how much is a ticket now? Like twenty dollars? Ish? Its it crazy? So maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know what it is? What it's they're trying to make up because they're not selling as many tickets. They're trying to make up for the people who are sitting home and streaming stuff.
Speaker 2: But before COVID, it was still expensive. Well true, So I just feel like, yeah, they need to they need to give us an explanation. I'll be more than happy to pay the additional money. Just tell me why.
Speaker 1: Well let's yeah, we should look it up and see how does that actually work with the movies? Like, how do do they pay the movie studios? Do they pay a cut? Do they have a contract to get to fulfilled?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know either. But let me tell you who's who's about to get paid. Okay, So Philadelphia schools are offering parents money to drive their kids to school because there's a bus driver shortage. Okay, So if there's a bus driver shortage and your kid can't get to school any other way, you got to drive them, right. You shouldn't be getting paid to drive them, right. And I'm just saying this because I'm being a hater because I've driven my kids to school sixteen years. Right, Okay, I'm just being a hater right now.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So what they're doing is, so there's a bus driver shortage, so they're trying to offer an incentive to parents.
Speaker 2: Yess how much they're getting how much? Three hundred dollars a month? Three thousand for the school year. Oh wow, Yeah, that's a nice little packet change. Yeah, not packet change, that's nice, nice little addition grocery money.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, so three one hundred dollars a month, which I don't know how much is that a day?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that's that's definitely gas money. Yeah. So I'm here for all of this. Yeah, huh Okay. I wonder how that's going to work out for them. Well, I'm thinking that the parents are gonna jump on it.
Speaker 1: I just I just feel like, well, yeah, so for me, my kids would ride the bus home when they were in public school, and they just did it out of convenience. It wasn't because I needed them to so, but for people who have to go to work and they can't leave, then you know, they don't have the option to do that. But if I'm sending my kids on the bus out of convenience, then yeah, yeah, you can pay me.
Speaker 2: Yes three. Yes, I'm here for that. And I'm just being a hater and I'm mad at the Philadelphia School District. Yeah, because this should have been done I don't know, years ago. Okay, given to Jaselle.
Speaker 1: So I have a question though, so the Philly people have a bus sort a bus driver shortage. I've heard there's a bus driver shortage all across the country. Yeah, there's like a staffing shortage.
Speaker 2: Workers show. It's everywhere, like in every industry. Why like what are people doing? Why are people not working anymore? Because they got the PPP loans that is run our PPP loans they try to hold on to day. It has to have run out. Listen, there are people doing I'm telling you. It was the PPP everywhere you go.
Speaker 1: It's like a staff shorte. Even when I was in when I was in Cabo and you know, like I said, it was phenomenal. The food was good, the service was good. Cow the Nobu the restaurant. Yeah, like when you go to book it, it was like, oh, there's only you know, a six thirty available like there, you know, it was like oh, I'm so, I'm thinking it's going to be jam packed. And I walk in and I'm like it's literally like the whole inside part of the restaurant was empty. And I guess for me, I'm like, okay, they must not have the staff to serve all the people.
Speaker 2: Did you ask no? Oh, okay, I didn't.
Speaker 1: But I always assume when I go into a restaurant and if the reservations are tight, but then there's like there's tons of tables, I assume it's because they don't have the people to serve.
Speaker 2: They don't have the service server to work. I'm just like, what are people doing? Why are people not working? Because they, I tell you, they living the papy It was like two years ago, three years ago exactly, I don't know. Not they got excited about the pandemic. They got excited about their couches. They like the couches now, and they got the paid and they don't want to leave them. No.
Speaker 1: I mean, you still got to pay pay your rent something.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they have money for the fire festival. Can we talk about the fire festival? Did you ever see the documentary about the fire Festival?
Speaker 1: I mean I heard all the noise about it. I don't think I've watched the documentary, but I know all the nonsense.
Speaker 2: Okay. So it's another one coming up. Yeah, I watched the documentary. The dude who threw it I can't remember his name, and Jo Roll, Yeah, but Jo rolls not involved in this one because he's got some good sense. The guy went to jail right for defrauding all these people. He's having another one and people are buying the tickets.
Speaker 3: As of right now, Fire Festival two tickets are officially on sale. It has been the absolute wildest journey to get here, and it really all started during the seventh month stint in solitary confinement.
Speaker 2: Is he still in jail? He's out. He's out of jail, okay, And he said, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do part two, mind you. He has nobody booked, no performers booked. Oh my god. He don't even have a damn venue or a date. He a location, maybe, yeah, he does not have a location as of today. He might have one soon. He doesn't even have a date.
Speaker 1: So he has a website that is accepting payments for tickets.
Speaker 2: To a firefest, to a festival that has no date, no location. Hear me when I tell you, no talent, hear me. People got money to burn, right, and they're not working. And everyone saw what happened the last time, right, there was a in case you missed it, there was a whole documentary and they got air sandwiches. You know what. Air sandwiches is pieces of bad. That's insane.
Speaker 1: Wait, speaking of people having money to burn, did you see the story about Cardi B's microphone that she threw at the fan?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How much they was like auction doing eBay for like ninety nine thousand dollars or something. Who got the money? I don't know, it's right who owned them? Who owned the microphone? Yeah? Who who is? Who pays for that? Listen, let me tell you who got money to burn. Puffy also known as Pete Diddy. Okay, he spent one hundred and fifty million, one hundred and eighty five I'm sorry, one hundred eighty five million dollars to invest in a cannabis company and the whole thing fell through. Oh hell no, so you didn't burn? Oh hell to literally up and smoke one hundred and eighty five million dollars? Hell no? Yes? Now, I did hear recently that he's coming out with a new album. I think that's why, because he needs to what get his money back? Oh in some kind of way. He's not going to make it back like that, No, he's not.
Speaker 1: Why did I don't understand why did the money just disappear or what Okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad you asked. So it says that, according to reports, the Labs and Columbia Care I don't know, they abandoned their two billion dollar merger which is now affected, and so that affected his one hundred and five eighty million dollar investment. Wow. The rest of this is pretty much like, so sad, you bad? Wow? Yes, that's sickening, is it? Yes? You I would be sick. Well, this is the this is the issue. I feel like the cannabis industry is saturated. Yeah, beyond saturated. So it's like.
Speaker 1: And it's almost it may be like bitcoin. Now it's like you get in a little like if you get early, then you're.
Speaker 2: Probably like gravy. But now that it's like saturated, it's like big when you got in and you're like, okay, it's very much want And I mean, I'm sorry, Puffy. I mean, I'm still gonna come to your white party if you invite me. But does he still have those? I don't know. I'm just throwing it out there. Okay, So this is the probably won't have anymore you know you white party canceled?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, can I just say before you get to your next one, you have an alert on my phone from CNN.
Speaker 2: What's the same that reads, it may be time to mask up again?
Speaker 1: A mask up against COVID again, Yeah, some experts say, citing an uptick in cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so can we talk about more house and Spellman had to close the campus for a minute because of COVID No way. Yes, When I was traveling, I was. When I was traveling, I was very hyper aware of just like people who had on a mask and who didn't. No one had on a mask. But then but then every now and again, somebody would and I would look at them and I'm like, you're smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're very straight, your IQ is through the roofs, and you're disciplined.
Speaker 2: Yes, So there are people in my life I think my mother like was like, oh my gosh, COVID is on the rise. So what does that mean Do we need to get vaccinated again? Hmmm? And does it mean like I kind of feel like if it's just quote the common cold, then leave me alone with this.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, right exactly. So like what what version of this are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Right? Like? How bad is it? I agree? Like why is this even news? So I'm watching tell you why it's news. I'm watching the Today's show and there was a doctor on it said that there's gonna be like new cases and it's getting bad again. And so Savannah Guthrie says, is that her last name? She says, how do you all know? And they said, because we do sampling. Oh you know, they sample what sewage? Oh? Yes, I've heard that before. How crazy? Is that? Insane? It's disgusting, it's gross. Yes, could you imagine that being your job?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What kind of has matsu isn't there?
Speaker 1: It's it's insane, it's gross. But it's also fascinating, is it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not fascinated. That's fascinating. Okay.
Speaker 1: They can detect COVID on the rise yea from testing sewage, and I guess this is something that they do on a frequent basis, like just to test.
Speaker 2: Yes, they probably.
Speaker 1: That's how they know what's out there, whether it's malario or I don't know, you know, smallpox anything like. That's how they're doing it. Wow, that's fascinating. Okay, that's very fascinating.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not fascinated by it at all. That's it. I'm actually discussed.
Speaker 1: But you know, thank God for those people that enjoyed that want to do that job.
Speaker 2: Right, But I want a further explanation. What strand is this? Are people really going to die from this? If I'm just gonna have a sneeze, leave me alone? Yeah, yeah, I agree, you agree? Yeah, okay, but the guy sitting next to me sneezed a couple of times, and I was I thought I was gonna jump out of my chair. When I was on the airplane, I thought I was going to lose my mind. But whatever. So do you remember Anne Hathaway? Yes, yes, we love her. I've heard she's like problematic and not nice. Well, what I'm about to read is very problem Let me just read read it. This is a quote from Anne Hathaway. Okay, money only impresses lazy girls. When a woman works hard. Man with money is a bonus, not a ladder to upgrade. Okay, I mean I like like the second part, fine, sure, but however the first part, actually all of it is extremely problematic for me because just because a man has money.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she's purely speaking in terms of people being attracted to what they go after in people.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, So if a man has money and I'm like, oh, okay, he's got enough money to take me to dinner, right, and I want some Caviall it's not because I'm lazy, because Giselle is not right, and I have my own money, but that shouldn't one should not equate to the other.
Speaker 1: Right, And because you have your own money, that shouldn't mean that. I think we've had like had conversations on this before, kind of like you know, not that it's gold digging, but like.
Speaker 2: What who was it damn with Madree before? Who a gold digger? No? There, I mean, I don't I don't know. I can't remember the topic or the quote, but it was something we discussed. Okay, I can say this that we have talked about the fact we've talked about gold dinging of course before, and we have established that if that's what you want to do, have at it. If that is your goal in life, to find a and it could be eco either way, a man find I mean a woman find a rich man or a man find a rich right, if that is what your goal is, have at it.
Speaker 1: Right, But also like if you okay, just because you have money as a female, doesn't mean that, like, okay, every man is on the table. You know what I mean, like you still want you? A woman with money might want to be dating a man with money, right, someone that they look at as they're equal, Yes, at least yes right?
Speaker 2: So yes, like uh so. But but a man having money, if that impresses a woman, it's not because that woman is lazy, right. I don't like her using that term lazy. No, I was. I was actually highly offended, Yeah, because I mean I only look at men with money, right, Just kidding anyway, Damn, I'm trying to remember. We had to talk about someone else before. Okay, so there's some things we need to read because we haven't read any commentary from the people's out here an they squeeze that, y'all, and y'all send us so many emails. This one's very short. So this is from Annette. Did you know my middle name used to be a net, used to be.
Speaker 1: Well, that is your middle name before before, So now my middle name is your maiden name?
Speaker 2: Yes, right, No, I do not. Do you know my middle name? Yes, you do, not my maiden name, but my middle name Elaine? Yes, yeah, yeah, Elaine. I feel like Elaine and Annette were friends in the nineteen twenties. They were. But I just want to say this, you I know you more than you know me, Boom, because you didn't know my middle name and I knew yours. You didn't know my car was parked in the garage. Moving on, Gizelle, Ielle, I'm guessing community service because remember I talked about Angel's community service, right, yes, and you were like being her wingwoman, yes, trying to hook her up with the dude. Okay, Gizelle, I'm guessing community service is something different in the United States and the UK. Community service is a high is a lighter sentence to prison. She said, I wouldn't be asking my daughter to stand next to someone during community service. Love the podcast. Okay, you know why this is funny because I used to date this dude and he would always be like, yeah, I gotta do my community so shit, besides, I gotta do my community service. And I was like impressed by that. I was like, oh wow, oh my god. It took me years to figure out as a whole criminal. Yes, well, no, I knew he was a criminal, and I wasn't mad at it because he was like he was a whole convicted. He was a gangster. He was a gangster, I called him. I called him less of a criminal, more of just a gangster. Okay, Yes, And so I realized later because I was green at the time, It's like, oh, he's doing community a night. He's probably reading the old ladies and you know, taking care of the kids in the community. No, it was mandatory community service because she was trying to get out of doing a bit. My gosh, that is funny. Okay.
Speaker 1: So for the people in other countries who don't understand community service here, yes, it can be both.
Speaker 2: It can be.
Speaker 1: Mandatory mandated for you know, two people convicted of crimes, Shoot, they can serve. Yeah, they could well, like like Cardi B had to do community community service because I think did she like, did she like hit somebody on the head with a.
Speaker 2: Glass or something? I don't know, Nicki Mina, No, some girls in the club, I don't know, something like that.
Speaker 1: So, however, we also use the term for voluntary community service, yes, for anyone who wants to go out into the community and serve the people.
Speaker 2: And typically high school students need a number a number of hours of community service in order to graduate, right, Yes, exactly, and so my kids do so, Yes, they were doing that anyway, I'm glad we clarified. Okay, so this is from Nick. Love you both so much, and I love me some rhop. My name is Nick and I'm an actor living in New York. I must say, and this is towards Jazelle, I must say that I felt shade from Giselle mentioning Survival of the Thickest. Okay, that's the show on Netflix. On Netflix that is so funny, and you guys, did you ever want? I turned it on and I turned it off after like twenty minutes. Why. I don't know. It's just there. I didn't see anyone get shot yet and there was no drug bust. Yeah. I auditioned. This was a person named Nick. She said he auditioned for the show and did not book it. I went out for the role of the assistant and Giselle I wish you said that. I didn't like the actors performance and wish they would have cast someone else. Nick. So good luck.
Speaker 1: But Nick, you know sometimes and everything's for you, that's right. Yeah, there's something better for you, Nick.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know what it is, Nick, But I don't know if Nick is a man or a woman. Nick is probably a man. Was the assistant a man on the show? The assistant was a man? Yes? Yeah, so okay, anyway, sorry Nick, next time, or maybe Nick, you need to hone your acting skills, sir, get back in the lab. Get back in the lab, do your homework. What did Denzel say, if you fall six times, get up eight? No, get up seven? And if you fall six times, get up seven? So Nick, get on up again? Okay? Hi Robin and Joseelle. This is from Oh Courtney, Hi Robin and Jozelle. First, I wanted to say, I love y'all. In my mind, y'all are my aunties, especially since I'm from Virginia Beach, so you practically are. Okay. I don't understand how proximity has to do it. Beach is kind of far, even though like Virginia is the dmb IS. I thought aunties had to do it age, not where you live. I think it's aunties around the corner. I don't know. Okay, all right, So my question is where can I find a man? Where can I find my man? She's looking for her man, she said, I was married for fourteen years and I've been divorced for four years now. I have three children, thirteen, eleven, and six. My oldest son said, at one point, while I was being a spaz, he said, you need a man the shade. I know, but he is not wrong. All I do is work, run kids, run around, playing with the football team, the cheer, the basketball. Unless he's gonna come knock on my door? How do I date? In twenty twenty three? Okay? She said she's in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She said, I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Now, I thought you were in Virginia Beach and most men here are white or the white tribe, which is just not my type. Feeling like I need to move to Wakanda anyone, any who? What y'all think?
Speaker 1: Okay? So jeez, I feel like, okay.
Speaker 2: If you're living in Tulsa, Oklahoma, child, yeah, you need to You need to then change your type, right, your type?
Speaker 1: Need to change that type or you need to move. I mean that's or just be open to you know, don't have a type. Yes, be open, yes, right, open to inspiration. But what about Okay, so if you're going from cheer and basketball, football or whatever the sports like, are you just like dropping off and sitting in your car? I feel like, you know, there's probably other single men there that you know, single dads there that are are there with their kids dropping them off. So that could be a good place to interact and meet someone. Yeah, maybe didn't take about that and make sure that they're not married.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Trying to flirt with someone's husband on the football field because that mama will jump on her car to get you. Yes, exactly, But I think that would be a good place. I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, gosh, the kids pta like go to the yes, you know, be involved in the kids' schools and stuff, and just I feel like instead of just dropping people off, sitting in.
Speaker 2: Your car, being be involved, get out, get out and about exactly go to the club.
Speaker 1: Exactly, go to the ship club. You know what we had we should have? Should we have like a dating person on the show.
Speaker 2: Sure to tell people how to get out there? Yeah, yes, and any other questions right, yeah, she wants to be able to say my man, my man, my man. Right.
Speaker 1: Yes, but but I think you know you are out and about being exposed, like so now, just get out of your car, walk around, talk to people, right, you know, and ship even if even if there are married men on the football teams or whatever, ask.
Speaker 2: Them, hey, yeah, you got any friends, right? And and oh I like that. And I think that sometimes men get a little intimidated. Mm hmm. And so you might have to do the initiating, right. Yes, So go to the local grocery store, and don't men drink beer a lot? Go to the beer section, the beer section. Yes, telling y'all, it works all right. So finally home d oh, Yes, go to Lowes home depot. And what section should they stay in? Hmmm, I don't you know. I don't know. I don't know either, because you really don't want to be in the plant section because typically it's like women over there. You don't want to be in lumber. Lumber. Yeah, going over to that lumba. Yes, okay, very good advice, Robin, high Lady is the last one. High Lady's finally to Giselle. Oh, she's sorry for my lost thank you. Okay, so I'm skipping that. Now to the shade. This is from Victoria, she says, until I mean, usually I agree with at least one of you, but this absolutely not listening to Robin explained her tacos I was thinking, Okay, Gizelle is gonna have something to say. But uh, something I said was why didn't I get invited over? Okay? So she was born and raised in southern California, and the rumor here is that easy that East Coast people think Taco bell is real Mexican food, and with you two being the only real East Coast friends that she has, Victoria, I want you to know we're going Me and Robin need for you to get some more East Coast friends. I'm starting to think that this is true. Californias, Gentley, you prefer TJ style tacos, which is like corn, tortilla, meat, onions, cilantro salsa. Is there have real Mexican food over there? Question Mark? Are you both outliners? Or is this normal? Question Mark?
Speaker 1: Okay, So the type of tacos that I described and the Giselle wants to come over and eat, yes, those are more like text mechs.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yes, what's the difference?
Speaker 1: Like text Mex is americanized, so tex Mex is more like meaty, greasy, cheesy, yes, sour cream yes, give it to me, yes, crunchy tacos. These are not authentic tacos. We're talking about We're not talking about the corn tortilla with the cilantro and the onions and the pico and the No. We want I want the meaty, cheesy, yes, sour.
Speaker 2: Creamy taco bell tacos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, that's that's what we like. And I'm not gonna say yes when we go to a Mexican restaurant. Yeah, they have those options of the more authentic tacos, but I prefer yeah, the hard shell with the ground beef, me too, the sour cream and the shredded cheese.
Speaker 2: Yes, lettuce tomato, yes, shredded lettuce, yes, diced up tomatoes done. That's what we want. Yes, And we are very aware, Victoria that this is not authentic Mexican food. Yes, we're very aware, yes, but authentic Mexican food in my mind, you know what it is what it go to things, not burritos. What's the other thing that's wrapped up tortilla enchilada And what's a tortilla, Well.
Speaker 1: Tortilla is what you wrap the burrito in, Okay, soa anchiladailada. Yes, it's that Mexican, Yes, but I actually think that's probably not even like true authentic Mexican that's still more on the text mix, really, I think so.
Speaker 2: No. I was watching the movie and they were in Mexico and they were the mama, the grandma was in the kitchen making the ant No, not Angelia's the thing that you wrap up and it has like paste inside.
Speaker 1: Oh tomaly to Molly tom Ley, and I don't like those.
Speaker 2: I don't like those. And that's that is straight. Yes, so Victoria, I'm sorry, we don't like Mexican. Yeah like that. Yeah, we like the American housed version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I like it when I'm like in the mood for it, you know what I mean, right, someone like it's like more fresh.
Speaker 2: All of that very true.
Speaker 1: However, Yes, we want text mex greasy meat, cheesy, sour, creamy.
Speaker 2: Yes, make your stomach hurt that night, yes, the ends. Okay, but Robin has not invited me over for her tacos ever, So just for the record, you know what, maybe one day for lunch. Yes, I'm gonna get some tacos. Yeah, okay, I would love that. Okay, Okay, are we gonna have drinks and stuff? Would you like? Yes? Out back? Yes? Have you? And then you spray for the By the way, I know we're talking about mosquitos. I don't know when we were talking about mosquitos in North Carolina, Capri and some Patstano they got mosquitoes like that Golo something like this. Oh no, they will bite your ass. You will not see them coming. They are ninja mosquitoes. Really, I have yet to lay eyes on a mosquito there. But Grace, she'd be outside talking to her boot and in the middle of the night, mosquitos all over her. Really, yes, we would see the evidence. Oh wow, we would never see the mosquito. Really, that's a ninja. Yeah, that's gross. So just but they sometimes they didn't really bother me because I would have this lotion. What was the weather like there? Beautiful? It was kind of like Mida. It would be like very hot, but it was like the breeze was blowing. Yeah, all that, it was very nice. Yeah, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: When I think of mosquitos, I don't think of I wouldn't think mosquitos were in Europe, but.
Speaker 2: No, they worldwide. Baby Mosquitos is worldwide. Oh my gosh. All right, that is our show. Guys. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable It's Shady or bos Bye Bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady