Speaker 1: What's up, my little babies? It is La La Kent with Katie Maloney. Yay. So Randall is in Alabama doing a film. So I have my little partner in crime, my little bff, and we're going to talk all things vander Pump, talk about shit. We're gonna basically write. I want the audience to feel like they will fly on the wall when Katie and I get together.
Speaker 2: No, that's trouble.
Speaker 1: We will drag a bit. Oh yeah, So Katie and I did watch What Happens Live last week? Did you have fun?
Speaker 2: I had so much fun. I've missed it so much. I hadn't done Watch Happens Live since I did it with I did it with Stassy. I don't even know when that was. I don't eve it was definitely twenty nineteen. But what Yeah, so it's been Do you usually do you usually do it?
Speaker 1: Wishwartzy.
Speaker 2: I feel like I mostly do it with Tom Okay. I seldomly get to do it with like one of my friends, like with another girl, and so it's always nice. It's fun. I mean, I love doing with Tom. I love to get to travel with him. Obviously, it's you know, it's nice for us but it's just a different experience. It's fun.
Speaker 1: It's totally different when you do it with a friend, and you and I have never done it with each other. I know, like we've done it when they've come to LA where we do like the group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is totally it's different. It's different to go to New York and have the full experience.
Speaker 1: I think so too. And usually we go and we have a day full of press on like Tuesday, you flew out to New York Sunday, right, And what did you do when we got there?
Speaker 2: Well, I got into the city around like seven thirty because it takes a whole nay to get there, right. And then I went and met up with Taylor Strekker and Amanda Hurst from not Skinny Enough Enough Fat.
Speaker 1: Oh my God Instagram page.
Speaker 2: We you know, did the same thing. We had a little a little drinking, little little dinner, A little drink, a little goss says love it, you know, I love all those. Yeah. We had just like a nice little girls nights. It's fun.
Speaker 1: I wanted to fly out with you, but I had a commitment to do Heather McDonald's comedy show in Irvine, so I took the Red Eye Sunday Night Trooper. Trooper. It took everything in me to not have a mental breakdown about leaving Ocean for the first time. Randall kept having to remind me, like, it's two days, You're not dying. It's all good. I get there. I've never slept better. You did so good I did.
Speaker 2: Obviously I knew you missed her, but you would FaceTime with her, But you know you were I feel like you were kind of like thriving.
Speaker 1: I was thriving because even though I have the lug, or had the luxury of a night nurse, you still wake up in a panic because you want to know if you're kids it is okay. And even now you know, Ocean sleeps in my bedroom and I still wake up every five seconds to check on her, even though she like sleeps through the night. So when I got to go to New York to do watch What Happens, I was living my best life, sleep in like a chance, sleeping beauty. And then Tuesday night we watched the freaking episode and then we do watch What Happens? Did anyone tell Wenesday or Mond it was Monday?
Speaker 2: Did We watched it Monday night? And then we did watch it on side on Tuesday night, that's right. And I was so confused because we're now we're on Tuesdays, so like my we were Mondays were Wednesdays. Now we're Tuesdays, so I have no idea.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, we used to be on Monday. So we watched the episode and then we did watch What Happens for episode two. And I always get so nervous doing watch What Happens live, you know, because.
Speaker 2: The one thing is it is a live show, so you can't mess up, you can't swear, you have to make sure you're just on your A game.
Speaker 1: On your A game. Yeah I did, Okay, tell me this. When Andy said Lauren Kent abstains, was he throwing shade at me?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think he. I just don't think he.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was thinking about I'm going to purposely mispronounce her.
Speaker 1: Name, but even calling, because you know how so many people are like Lauren from Utah as if I don't know where I'm from, or they need to remind me of my real name. So many people were like Andy just shaded la la and I was like, I didn't get that I know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't get that vibe at all. I think he's trying to be like formal about it, like right, you know, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But then I couldn't help myself because he said Lauren, and I was like, no, no.
Speaker 2: I know, you're always correcting people.
Speaker 1: It's just easier to go by la la. Yeah, a name's so nice. She got in Lauren.
Speaker 2: I know, so her name's so nice to say it twice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know what that's from? No Madagascar? Oh yeah, Moto Moto. Oh he's the big he's the big hippo Moto Moto. Did you get any text about us doing it?
Speaker 2: Meaning like from anyone?
Speaker 1: Nothing agreed and disagreed game because we said to him, we said to Andy, he was like, you guys, it is going to be a long day in the valley of Los.
Speaker 2: Angeles day in Los Angeles. No, no one, no one has said anything to me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good.
Speaker 2: Has anyone said anything to you?
Speaker 1: I mean I had to make nice.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, I know some people aren't happy with me, but no one has come forward and spoke their peace to me.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing about you.
Speaker 2: Know, if you got an issue with me. I'm I'm right here. You got my number.
Speaker 1: You've got my number. That's what I love about you. Though we're talking about you are way You're way more like gangster than I could ever be. It's like, you have an issue, you know where to find me, you have my phone number. Like, I'm not upset with you, so why would I reach out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I like I didn't. I first of all didn't mean it as any kind of We were having fun. It's kind of the nature of the show. Oh, we play some messy games. It's a little shady. We were having like why not.
Speaker 1: Like right like it?
Speaker 2: It's just it's fun.
Speaker 1: It is. The show is so fun. It's thirty minutes with and that's with commercial breaks.
Speaker 2: I wasn't mad at you that you said that you think Tom and Tom have touched Dix. I was like, oh, shady boots, But like I wasn't being like, well, why would you sing that on national television? So now everyone's gonna think that because you said it. It's like, you know.
Speaker 1: Something like no, I don't care, like you're a boss bitch.
Speaker 2: Let's let's like turn this game into not something serious. It's a game.
Speaker 1: It's a game. It's totally a game. And for those of you who don't know what we're talking about, Katie and I did watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and we played this game where he asked us questions about our cast and we had to put agree or disagree with what.
Speaker 2: He was saying. Like he said a statement and we said do we agree with it or disagree with it?
Speaker 1: Correct? So the first one was what did Sheena find the one in Brock? We both well, I like hesitation, I didn't answer.
Speaker 2: She says, and then I was like, no, yeah, no there they're right for each other.
Speaker 1: Right. Then there was another question that said, did Tom Sandabal do more with Miami Girl than what he has said? And we were both like, agreed, we messy.
Speaker 2: It was a long time ago, and I don't think he really cares what I think. And you know him and Arianna are in a great place anyway, So.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't again, it's a fucking Disney game. Who even cares? Okay, So now we have this new episode. What did we do after watchro Happins Life? By the way, we.
Speaker 2: Went back to the hotel and we ate pizza in bed.
Speaker 1: It was, so, can I tell you did you have fun? Because I was feeling I'm like, does Katie wish that I would go out? Or is she like down to eat pizza in bed?
Speaker 2: I'm so down to eat pizza in bed. Plus we had an early flight the next day. No, I I'm not like a party animal this, I know, you know. I like, I'm more like, let's have a great day, Let's have a dinner, and then let's go to bed early. Like that's like my kind of night or day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was like, you're in New York. What are you guys gonna do? I was like, it's going to bed. It's gonna be midnight. I'm surprised I'm here right now. I know this is way past my bedtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are you going after this? Uh, it's late, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 1: We literally laid in Katie's hotel room in her bed, watched friends and devoured a giant pizza and talked all the shit in the world, which is what we do best. Yeah, but like, I don't know what we talked about, but you don't remember.
Speaker 2: Oh, probably just about the episode just means cringing at ourselves.
Speaker 1: I go into a full spiral after I after an episode airs, and after I do watch What Happens live, I feel overly exposed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's very vulnerable.
Speaker 1: It is. Do get that way because you seemed so chill after I do.
Speaker 2: But it's both. It's very internalized, and I'm just I'm trying. I'm just trying to turn it off. I can't. I can't feed into it. I can't let the thoughts consume me, for sure, and I just try to. You know, Tom's really good at it. He will delete Twitter, He'll just get rid of whatever he needs to to not let it affect him. So I try to. I try to follow that.
Speaker 1: I'm so bad at it, and I have to obsess over it, like my mom and my assistant just picked me up from the airport the next day, and I think I obsessed for like over an hour about everything that sells. And I stay out of the comments section and googling myself because I don't want to see anything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you gotta yeah, but I mean, you're gonna find something and then that's going to consume you.
Speaker 1: Well, we posted that picture, right, we posted that picture that was so cue and there were so many nice comments, and I fixated on like the ones literally there were like I could count them on one hand. I fixated on all the shitty ones.
Speaker 2: I know why. I don't know why we're like that. Everyone's like that, though they are because you know, those those voices are the loudest.
Speaker 1: It takes. I heard like twelve good comments to outweigh one bad, and I'm like, well, I had well over that and it's still didn't outweigh it. So I don't know what to do about that. So a new episode aired last night, Episode three, Yeah, what aren't Your Thoughts?
Speaker 2: I thought it was really sweet. It was like a it was a sweet There were so many sweet moments, especially, you know, because we obviously don't see everything even though we're there, right you know. I obviously I wasn't there for James Raquel's conversation, but I found that like really touching. It really also just seeing that side to ra Quel, because I mean she she can be very you know, quiet and shy and kind of you know, can be closed off at times and retreats, you know, for obvious reasons, as she said, so to not know that she was struggle, I mean we saw her struggle giving that toast, but to not know that there was you know, layers to that. Yeah, heartbreaking. I was like, we're how old, I know, And it was no one is like thinking anything like that or judging.
Speaker 1: I didn't think one thing about her toast. I thought it was so fun like the way she was like and broken from truth. I thought she was so cute and endearing and funny. I didn't think one thing about it, and the fact that she was internalizing that so much was so heartbreaking. I will say James handled that in the sweetest way in the world.
Speaker 2: So sweet. Yeah. I love seeing that between them and just kind of seeing how, you know, just more like that intimate scene in the relationship is the word just how, but he is like a partner to her. It was really sweet, see because I don't I don't see we don't get to see that exactly. And then obviously their engagement was incredible, and you know, we were there for that, but just seeing it again, I was like, oh my god, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I know because we were there, but we didn't get to see him actually propose, like dude.
Speaker 2: I remember pulling up because they told us we were just going for a ride real quick because there some people were going to come and like do something to the house. And I was like, then where were you guys for like three hours? If I if, I don't know, And then we got in the car and then when we pulled up to the field and then we got out, like I remember, like I just started, like my eyes welled up, of course, and I started crying because it was just I was so overly stimulated because we hadn't been, you know, socializing in groups, and I hadn't been on a group trip in over a year and a half, so like this was like a lot to take in. I remember our feeling and I was just like this is too much. I can't handle it.
Speaker 1: I know, something as simple as just like hopping in the car two hours to Palm Springs was like a massive deal because we had been locked up for so long. Yeah, and what I want to know is at that house, because I was at a different house when they said they were going grocery shopping, Why did no one ask where the groceries were when they walked in James and Sandoval, no one person was like, where's all the food and stuff we ordered?
Speaker 2: I figured it was just like in the car and like they're slowly bringing it in or and I don't know. I didn't really think about it.
Speaker 1: And I love that because if I would have been there, I would have been like, what the fuck, where are the cheese?
Speaker 2: Its?
Speaker 1: Schwartzy had eaten them all? He has cheese. It's and like a lot of scenes look up.
Speaker 2: With Jesus his mouth disgusting. That's not a drunk move by where I did it because I figured like there was probably like some other like surprise elements. So I just figured, Okay, they're probably like maybe they're in the garage.
Speaker 1: Maybe like we keep writing.
Speaker 2: I didn't like, I really didn't like think too much about it, you know. Also, I don't know, maybe they just I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm thrilled about it.
Speaker 2: They were gone forever. They were gone for literally three.
Speaker 1: Hours, yeah, writing a lot.
Speaker 2: Of checks and then oh my god. Yeah, and then when they came back, I was like, check, gone for three hours, and it's like we're all ready and the house is it doesn't look like we're having a festival here.
Speaker 1: And no, it was totally normal.
Speaker 2: We gotta go on a ride for like twenty minutes and they're gonna We've got people come into the house to like set it up, and I'm like, what I knew something was up, did you? Well at that moment, I was like, oh, where are we going? Right?
Speaker 1: It was really amazing to see because like I like Coachella, but like that's as far as it goes. Like there have been multiple years that I've gone where I've literally given my wristband away and I just stay at the house and chill by my own pool, and I like, don't even go to the festival. So to see you be so excited where Keul was crying, Arianna was crying, Charlie was so excited she fell out of the bus.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. It was and it was like all just for like us. It was like our private like little thing is I mean, it was sensory overload.
Speaker 1: I was overload. Yeah, Okay, I want to continue talking about the episode, but we're going to cut to a break. When we get back, we are going to be talking more VPR with Katie Maloney. We are back with my best friend Katie Maloney. Okay, so we go to Palm Springs. This is what I have to talk to you about what you referred and see now I keep saying it in my mind, were you saying, yo no Oko.
Speaker 2: Her name is Yoko Ono.
Speaker 1: Right, but what were you saying in the scene?
Speaker 2: I said, oh no, Yoko, don't.
Speaker 1: Yo know o kom don't yo know okom no. But you had just I loved it because I was drunk.
Speaker 2: I mean, you see me, like I'm sipping on this shot. I'm like, and I'm like, don't yo no oko me, don't wait?
Speaker 1: Oh whatever, See now I don't even know what it is. Isn't it Yoko Ono?
Speaker 2: Yeah, her name's Yoko Ono.
Speaker 1: But you said yo Oka? I said, Oka, lady, what the fuck even is it now?
Speaker 2: I said, ok Yo? I said, oh, don't oko yo me, don't Oka. I was just like and I was like, just not even thinking twice didn't even occur to me. But I was drunk. I was drunk, and I just I don't know. But I mean, you know what I was saying.
Speaker 1: No, everyone knew what you were saying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, it's just like, don't like, don't just know what I mean what I say. Okay, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 1: It's not the deep. It is not the Deep's not.
Speaker 2: The deep, y'all. But yeah, no, I thought it was hilarious. I was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Dying Katie, and you know how chic I think your haircut is. Oh god, what He's so funny everything that comes out of his mouth about the Karen haircut and haircut cut to your interview. If you ever want to have sex ever again in your fucking life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe don't call my haircut Karen haircut. Like what he really knows how to just like.
Speaker 1: Turn you off, kill my boner, kill my phoner. Really it's so funny. I loved it. And so this this episode was really like a feel good episode.
Speaker 2: I thought, Yeah, I mean I don't think did anybody fight?
Speaker 1: No, but no one. We don't need to be ripping each other's heads off every episode like that gets played out. I've watched shows like that, like that's what Bad Girls Club does, and it's so entertaining, but after a while you're like, I just need a breather, Like can we just like show you guys having fun and getting along for five seconds?
Speaker 2: Trust me, there's plenty of that coming up. So like that's what I was gonna sit cown before the storm.
Speaker 1: This episode was really just that, the calm before the storm. It really sets up what this season is about and all things that are about to happen. Do you agree? Yea, yeah, it's a little I know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to gets in trouble, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't worry. We're not going to share all the storylines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah you can see what's what's right, just some stuff bubbling under the surface.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what for you, what was the most fun you had this season? And what was like the most like I feel and without giving storylines away obviously, but like, was it just being back and it was amazing? Like what what was the vibe for you?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean it's just yeah, being back, like just yeah, being back for sure, Yeah was the most fun. I mean I had a lot of fun and pump springs, I had just fun with you.
Speaker 1: I had fun with you too.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, there wasn't one specific thing that's standing out the most.
Speaker 1: To me because we had been locked up for so long. I didn't know what was going to happen with our show, So that makes total sense.
Speaker 2: It felt good just to be like back, you know, and just live in outside and love in.
Speaker 1: Do you like a camera in your face? I do?
Speaker 2: I like it? Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't know if if the word is like, but like, I don't it didn't.
Speaker 1: I forget right that it's there. Because we were asked a question on Watch What Happens Live, and it was like who likes being like? Who's the most into like being famous? We both said, sand of all.
Speaker 2: I mean I think I don't like it.
Speaker 1: You don't like it?
Speaker 2: Being like I don't. First of all, fame is really weird thing to say.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But I mean we're not Beyonce and jay Z. I get that, No, But.
Speaker 2: I mean I probably don't. You know, I enjoy like animinity more than anything. Right, Well, if I had to choose animinity or favorite like, I would choose to be more anonymous.
Speaker 1: Right. So what about reality TV keeps you coming back? Does it fuel your soul? Because there's so many times that we wrap a season and I'm exhausted because it's like therapy every single day where you're constantly having to talk about your emotions and feelings, and I'm like, I don't think I can go through this again. And then you take a break and right when they say we've been picked up for another season, I'm fucking ready to go.
Speaker 2: It's funny that I said that. I prefer adminity when I sit on a reality show and put my entire life out there, just meaning like I don't like the attention and I'm not an attention whorese, so like, you know, I feel like awkward when I'm like, you know, I'm in public and whatever, the recognizability or whatever. That's what I mean by that. But reality TV won't hook you. I don't know. I just like we've been doing this for so long.
Speaker 1: It's like a part of your daily life, so it's a part.
Speaker 2: Of just it's just become ingrained in me, and I just I love it. I love it and I love I love that I get the opportunity to do this. I love the family that we've created. I love our that we get to work with. I love you know, Bravo. I love what I've just like really just fallen in love with. With the whole process of it. I mean, it's not easy. It is really really not easy. And I think anyone who has seen who's a fan of it and has also seen the side of you know, what goes into it right understands that. But you know, I just I want to keep doing it as long as poss long as I possibly can I'll keep sharing all the good, bad, ugly, the fun everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I try to think of it as you know, obviously we're sharing our lives. But the other side of it is, you know, you do get people reaching out to you who connect with your story.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, that's that's what thing too.
Speaker 1: It makes it so worth it because we you try to paint this pretty picture and really reality TV is like a giant mirror for us, you know where it's like, okay, that is something that I could work on. Granted we have an editing process because you can't show our entire lives in just an hour a week episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would need way more hours, which, by the way, more episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I was really upset. I think that they don't show when we have the white just us dressed in white for that dinner, which it was a very calm, chill dinner, but we all looked so good. I know, we always have pictures, right, we looked cheap. Well, I think we all had posted that picture on our Instagram too. Yeah, and that was a vibe. It was a vibe.
Speaker 2: Uh well, I think it's a rally. TV is like a monet, you know, and fire away, it's really pity, but up close it would be so much. And that's what it does, is it kind of like puts everyone who you know, we don't you don't know people's lives from a distance. But then when you like put a magnifying glass on the or put someone's life under a magnifying glass, which reality TV does, it's really messy.
Speaker 1: It's very messy.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I like, you know, I think I think real life is complicated and everyone can relate to you know, someone's marriage, or someone's relationship with their best friend, or a working a work dynamic. And that's why I think so many people get so you know, addicted to these shows because it's just like you can you know just kind of what do you what am I trying to say?
Speaker 1: You can kind of lose yourself.
Speaker 2: You lose yourself in it and you be like, you know, you identify with like with everybody.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's it's great background noise as well. Like the amount of times I've rewatched Real Housewives of New York is not only epic, it's a little embarrassing because I know every episode, like I can I fall asleep to it and I can like laugh when my eyes are closed because I know exactly the scene, you know, and the setup. So it is like, it's nice to go home after a long day of work and watch other people be a hot fucking mess. How are Schwartzy and Sandobal? How's the bar good? It's good?
Speaker 2: It's coming along.
Speaker 1: You, I mean, you and Arianna have a pretty cool storyline this season for people to look forward to. I know that Ariana was like my most favorite part of this season is something that I can't talk can't talk about. I can't talk about it. See, I've watched the episode so much where I hear James Kennedy's voice give me your hand, your beautiful hands.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for people to finally learn what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the real question that everyone wants to know. What are the Toms still naming their bar Schwartz and Sandy?
Speaker 2: I think so, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean they even took a poll on watch what Happens? Like, I know, people went crazy for your name. I know, once upon a Tom, Once upon a Tom.
Speaker 2: It's so good. Like every time I say the name to somebody that go, oh, I know that, I'm like, I know, it's great and it's not because it's like I'm amazing, My ideas are amazing. It's just it's just a great name and with their concept and I see all the materials and the colors and everything that they're using, and I'm like, this is that this is just so perfect for it, you guys right, And I just I feel like it's just yeah, it's just such a missed opportunity, damn it.
Speaker 1: I know, definitely. And do you feel like now the horse is like dead and we should let it rest in peace? Like I know that the name is a huge storyline this season and we talked about it on Watch What Happens, But like, is it one of those things where like they're not budging on the name. Know, Schwartzy has still said he's not a huge fan, but he he goes with the flow of things. But I think he's a I think he knows how to do. Like if I were to separate the Toms and tell them both go out and start something on your own, I think Schwartzy would do it faster and better than Tom Sandoval. You don't have to weigh in on that. There's my little tea that I've spilled, little shit that I've talked. You know, he's just more quiet about things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, fully, he just likes he likes to be able to do things with someone else. He did, he didn't want to do it alone, but like he won.
Speaker 1: One well by the way the two of them together, they offer like the perfect combination of what's needed.
Speaker 2: They're like they're the Toms, They're like the brand. They're totally they're you know, they've they they've they've kind of like built this sort of like thing together. So it makes sense. And that's why, you know.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, And Sandoval is great with like the con conceptive things, and he has this vision. Schwartzy is more about the logistics of everything, right, you know. So I do think the combination of the two of them has made that brand very successful for sure. Yeah, and you know what, watch they're going to open this bar. It's gonna be crazy fucking busy. No one's gonna give a shit about the name after it's open. It's well, yeah, Katie Will, Katie Will.
Speaker 2: I just still think I think it's still not gonna make any sense.
Speaker 1: Probably, but I think that when we go we should still say, like, hey, do you want to go to Once upon a Tom tonight. We should just call it that, should we? Because it's great.
Speaker 2: Someone pointed out that the acroname for once upon a Tom is once oh upon you Tom, t oh.
Speaker 1: U T Let's go out. I know, I told I said that Tom.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh my god, it's even better, and I'm like, I know.
Speaker 1: No, there are things that just keep getting better better, I know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I think, I just I know Standeville like he maybe, I don't know, I don't want, I don't it's I feel like it's maybe that thing of like they don't want to change it because everyone told him it's bad. But it's like but like it's feedback and like the same way we all have to take the you know, constructive criticism and feedback to better a brand. That's why there's you know, they do like group studies and comment cards, and you know, people would pay.
Speaker 1: A lot of money to get the the what is it called what feedback? I guess we'll just call it that. Andy referred to it as something. But people pay a lot of money to get that level of feedback on something, and it's like basically free for them. So now you have to just like let them be with shortsies and Sandy's or shorts and sandy. See it's a it'sful too.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say, it's hard to spell. It's you know, any any anyone in marketing and branding would say, like, yop, well here's here's there's a two minute diet tribe of like why this is a terrible name. But like if they don't want to listen, they don't want to listen.
Speaker 1: By the way, let's talk about this really fast before we got to go. Who calls Sandabal Sandy?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I started calling him that after the bar name, but like I've never heard that before.
Speaker 2: Let's call him like Tom Schwartz. We call him like t sand.
Speaker 1: Well, that makes more sense to name it that then, right, I mean, I've never heard anyone call him Sandy. So before we sign off, would you like to spell out how to spell this bar name? So when people decide to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, s C H W A R t Z and I think they're spelling it is it? I don't know if they're spelling essay and d I E s orr with y. I have no idea. I don't know if there's an apostrophe in there. I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why Sandy not?
Speaker 2: Even when Standaval was doing his Maco you'll see.
Speaker 1: He spelled Schwartz's name wrong. Like, if you guys can't get this right, no one was gonna get it out. Did they film that? That's gonna be epic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had the best time with you. Thanks for hosting the podcast, My pleasure anytime. I love you so much for this. I love you you guys. When we get back, I'm going to answer all of your questions that you've submitted via email, and I've also put some questions up on my Instagram, so I'm answering them all. We will be right back, and we are back with the last segment. Katie was freaking awesome. I love that we get to like recap each episode like it airs on a Tuesday, and we get to come out with this on a Wednesday. It's like, I think it'll be fun for people now this segment. Since I don't have my better half, I have my other better half. Jess.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm back and.
Speaker 1: We are answering your questions. So, Jess, what's the first question that people want to know? So fun?
Speaker 3: So you guys submitted these on Instagram. I also picked some questions off of Lalla's TikTok give them Lalla.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm so late to TikTok.
Speaker 3: She's doing really good at it though. I'm really proud, and you guys seem to love it.
Speaker 1: I can't keep up with all of the social media. It's like it was Twitter then, you know, it started with the MySpace. It just constantly is evolving, and I'm like a ninety year old where I want zero part of all of it. There's horrible at it.
Speaker 3: So much social, so much social. Okay, we're going to get into these questions, so first and foremost, we're going to start with a deep one.
Speaker 2: Laala.
Speaker 3: You were bullied as a child. Do you ever say to yourself, haha, bullies, look at me now, I've succeeded.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like I think about that often, like and not in the way where it's like, look at me now, motherfuckers, in a way where you know, I was bullied for such a long time, and that's the reason I'm pretty abrupt and sharp when people come for me or I feel like I need to defend myself. It kind of takes me back to being a child and makes for a great show, but it attaches itself to my everyday life, which I'm working on in therapy, trust me. But it's more of like this feeling where I was bullied as a kid. And yes, I look back and think of the times where I'd be like one day like I'm going to do something. I know I'm going to do something cool, and here I am. That's a great feeling. But then there are times where I'm like, oh my gosh, I was bullied, And then there's so many moments where I myself turn into a bully, like I've almost taken on like that type of energy. So it's like, yeah, I say that, but there are times where I'm a bully as well. So does that make any sense?
Speaker 3: No, that makes total sense. And like you said, you're working on it in therapy. That's probably where it comes from. Shout out to therapy. It's good for everyone.
Speaker 1: I love a good there.
Speaker 3: I am curious, though, have you been back to Utah and come across those bullies face to face, whether or not it's like high school reunion or you ran into them at the store, and were they nice to you? Were they brats to you.
Speaker 1: You know. I when I go back to Utah, I usually just like I literally stay at my mom's house and I don't leave, or I'll go to like my childhood friend's home. Like I don't really go out and about, so I haven't run into anybody. But I get a lot of dms from people where I'm like, you literally stuck, like MAXI pads to my car, not used, but like, no, I'm good on you, Like I'm good on you. Yeah, why do you suddenly care how I'm doing? Yeah, Like, google me, bitch, I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: Google herbitch. Okay, moving on. Ooh, this is a good one. Why don't you and Rand follow each other on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we've spoken about this so much when we first started dating. I don't know why. We just like decided to not only not follow each other but block each other. And it's always worked. And I love Ran so much, but his mugshot selfies that he takes are enough to put me six feet deep. So it's better because I already try to control him. Yeah. Another thing I'm working on in therapy is controlling people, mostly just Rand, where like I want to control like what he wears and what shoes you saw this morning? I was like, do you have to wear these heinous slides?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean they weren't the greatest slides, but like he likes them.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm burning them when he gets back. I hate them so much, so I just like it's better. It's one less thing for me to like pick on, you know. Yeah, and my mom will send me screenshots and be like, look how cute this picture is. Where is he? And I'm like, I can't even focus on anything except for the mugshot selfie? Yeah? Yeah, I think that's smart.
Speaker 3: I think more couples should maybe do that because it would cause less fights. Just focus on real life stuff and not ig stuff.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, moving on. Oh interesting? Can you elaborate on the never before seen footage where Arianna shows you her texts?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, yes I can. Okay, I didn't know that Bravo or we started doing that? Wait?
Speaker 3: What is because they put never before seen in quotes?
Speaker 1: So what is that? So apparently like the before the new episode airs, they show a never be seen never before? What did I just say?
Speaker 3: Never be seen, never before?
Speaker 1: Never before seen episode where they take clips that weren't shown in like the actual episode. Oh I love that. Actually I loved it too. So Arianna is like showing me her phone and scrolling and I take the phone and it's literally like birth like happy birthday text messages, which was she basically proved my point. I say, we're surface level, like I get happy birthday messages from people I don't even know, but get ain't that deep? Yeah, so that was my point. I'm like, yes, you've been texting me, but this goes back to when I said I don't care about you, you don't care about me, and it goes both ways. I mean, none of us, neither of us have been like, hey, want to grab lunch. No, we send basic text messages like happy Birthday that I send to people who I haven't seen in fifteen years that I just happened to see an Instagram social that says it's their birthday, and I feel like that's the nice thing to do, is wish them a happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what she was trying to prove, just so I understand what the text was, not it You don't feel like that she was proving anything.
Speaker 1: No, it was literally it. Actually, when she handed me the phone, I thought I was going to see something profound, like hey, would you like to grab lunch? Hello? Where are you? How's your baby? Is she good? Like it was nothing. It was like happy birthday. Like the text were very surface level, which just validates the point I was trying to make.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, interesting, all right, never before seen. Next question, why oh this is a spicy one.
Speaker 1: Why were you.
Speaker 3: Such a bitch?
Speaker 1: Oh Charlie, I love a good bitch.
Speaker 3: Word when she had legitimate family trauma.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that that confessional she did was heartbreaking, you know. The only thing. So here's the thing with Charlie. I love her, but last year, like I didn't film with her at all. We had like zero, We didn't have any interaction, like literally nothing. So when she was saying that we had been mean to her, it was like, no, because we never hung out with you, We never really filmed with you. And I also go back to when I first started. So when I see people are crying because someone was mean to them, I'm like, oh, you have no idea how hard this group was to get along with. Yeah, and how like vicious they were to me. And I was right back. But she was obviously referring to the part where I said that she was a moron, because all I knew was that she said she had a theory that pasta made you gain weight, and I was like, well, no shit, yeah, yeah, that's not a theory, that's just a fact. So when I saw that, of course, I didn't even think, like, no way, this goes way deeper. This must be a childhood trauma. So obviously, if I would have known that, I would have never made any sort of comment. But I only knew what she had put out there, which was pasta makes you gain weight. So I said, you're so stupid thing to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel. You want to know what's crazy, Jess, let's hear it is on Watch What Happens Live. They asked me like, do you think you were too hard? Like in the episode where we're sitting down and I was saying, this is interesting, why does James get babied? I felt like I was so calm, cool and collected, So I literally don't think I could have been any calmer. Actually, yeah, yeah in that sort of setting. Because I've gone off in the past about a lot of things where it's like, Okay, I could have muzzled myself a little bit. Yeah, So when they asked that question, I was like, I don't feel like I was really that hard on anybody. Yeah, you know, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I watched it. I agree. I mean, we all know that Laala is no stranger to going.
Speaker 1: Off being an asshole, being a bitch. By the way, the Bitch montage made me so happy.
Speaker 3: It was the greatest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: That was so crazy they deleted my post. Instagram did Yeah, because I posted a picture of Katie and myself and I like captioned it bitch with like a star as the eye. People reported it, and it's so crazy because I won't say any names, but I was bullied by bullied quote unquote. I hate using that term, but I mean my post got flagged because I was bullying and harassing apparently myself. I was literally for two weeks, I called a crackhead, a crack baby, a whore, pictures being posted of me, and no one from Instagram did anything for like two weeks. And this happened more than once. Yeah, I won't say who did it. But then I post a picture of myself and literally less than twenty four hours in it's taken down. Instagram do better, Bro do better, Instagram, do better.
Speaker 3: But on the bright side, you did post it to TikTok and it's still there, So shout out to.
Speaker 1: TikTok, TikTok. That's what's up.
Speaker 3: That's what's up, all right. Next question, we have what is the first emotion that comes to your mind in this very moment?
Speaker 1: Anxiety? Do you want to elaborate on I have every time, and this is so I don't know why I keep doing it to myself because I love being on television. It's a high that I can't explain. But every time I do, like anytime a show comes out like that I'm on, whether it's an interview, I have the most anxiety because I feel like maybe I shared too much, or I just feel very exposed. And it's like, well, yeah, because you are you like signed up to show your real life. I get that. I'm not blind to that, but it's like a very strange feeling. Sometimes after the episode airs or I know that a new episode is coming out, I want to crawl into a hole and I want to just like stay there and be left alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know that makes sense, that makes sense. I think this would help some people. Is there anything that you do or have done lately cough cough the sage where it maybe helps you relax or get rid of some anxiety. Yes.
Speaker 1: So I started doing this new thing that you actually showed me how to do. We do the saging. You know, after watch What Happens Live, I had a lot of anxiety. I feel like I overshared. I get very nervous about doing all of that type of stuff. I saged myself. I say, saged my environment. And then I fill up a little thing of water and I go to the toilet and I say all of like the negative things, whether it's comments that have been said about me, things that I'm feeling, and I like, shove it into that water, all that energy, and then I release it. I put it in the toilet and I flush and it actually works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you dump it in the toilet, You're dumping all of that negativity and you flush it down.
Speaker 1: You watch go bye bye, bye bye. You are where you belong in the fucking sewer.
Speaker 3: In the sewer.
Speaker 1: So good. I'm glad that that's my vibe.
Speaker 3: I'm glad Okay, So, what is one thing that you like about each cast member on vander Pump Rules this season?
Speaker 1: Mmm? Okay, We'll start with my bubbas Katie. I love her because she's a tough bitch, but when you see a vulnerable side to her, like literally is an honor to see. Schwartzy makes me laugh so hard. He's so chill, He's so calm. He's just a great energy to be around. Arianna. I love the fact that she stands up for exactly what she believes in. She is gonna have your back if you are like up against the wall and people are coming for you, like you can rely on her. Same with Tom. But and I love the fact that they both commit to a costume like no one I've ever seen. Yes, and Tom is like he's just so sweet. I remember even though we all go tos, this is you know. Things that I like about my cast and my friends. For my one year's sobriety, I had my birthday at Tom Tom and he made it so special, like brought out the cake he had like Perrier on top of perrier, Like there was more perier than I've ever seen in my life. Very sweet. Sheena best heart in the World Heart of Gold, her Man brock Is. He's super fun and I like his type pants. Oh my god. We love a tight pant, love a tight pant and like hair like a lion. I'm all good with that. Who else is there? Charlie Charlie Sorry, I'm like trying. I'm better with Lis Charlie loyal as fuck. Love her. You're gonna see things this season and we're still getting to know each other. But she has a very kind heart as well. Comes from a tough background and to see where she is now, you know, it's all about how you turn your situation around. And I admire her for that. Who else do I have? James and Raquel. There is no better television than James Kennedy. Bravo give him his own show and just call it the Montage of James Kennedy. And all you have to do is put together clips of James. He is the best. No one makes me laugh like James Kennedy and Raquel, Oh my sweet little Bambie. I love her because she's forgiving. You know I've done I've pulled some crazy shit on her, and the fact that she like sat there like a classy lady like her parents did something very right. By the way, her mom's my most favorite person in the entire world. Oh that's fine. I love her mom. But I mean they don't they don't make them sweeter and nicer than Raquel.
Speaker 3: Oh great is that everyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was nice?
Speaker 3: See look at that. Okay, we're moving on to some TikTok questions. I'll just ask a few of these, but there's some good ones. Good job, guys. Have you always done your own glam for interviews?
Speaker 2: Laala?
Speaker 1: Yes? Really every time that I never had glam for an interview. Wow, and partly because I was scarred from the season four reunion. Okay, iconic. Look, it was so bad that I like actually made it into a sweatshirt and just wore it around. I looked horrific.
Speaker 3: If you don't know what she's talking about, google it.
Speaker 1: It's so bad. But it's so bad that it's great. I learned my lesson after that. After that, I was like, no one is touching my face.
Speaker 3: That's great, and a point on that, you guys, Since I'm around Lalla a lot, she literally does her own makeup all the time, but for like big events and whatnot, and she is a makeup artist. She's one hundred percent of makeup artist. She's better than half the makeup artist I've seen doing her own makeup. And it's just one of those skills that like, it's a special creative skill and she's got it.
Speaker 1: That's so nice of you to say. That's probably because I've been painting this face since I was like twelve.
Speaker 3: You know, speaking of painting your face, here's another question. Does anyone know what foundation Lala uses? I'm loving her look this season, so gorgeous.
Speaker 1: That is so nice. First of all, it's I believe you pronounce it Catrice c at r Ice, and it's true foundation. You literally get it on Amazon for eleven dollars.
Speaker 3: We love Amazon.
Speaker 1: You know I think I'm bougie.
Speaker 3: Yes, come on you guys, lallasgie at all.
Speaker 1: Randal is the bougie one. He is, like, I'll never turn down a fabulous handbag. I'll never turn anything like that down. But as far as like needing them, no, you can catch me at like H and M filling up the bag. Yeah, that's where it's at.
Speaker 3: We love that. Yeah, Lala's outfits some of my most favorite. I'm like, where did you get that? You know what I'm not going to say because they don't sponsor her right now, but they're inexpensive places.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: I love walk Home, but inexpensive clothes. If you want to sponsor Laala, reach out.
Speaker 1: Reach out, I'll take all the sponsor.
Speaker 3: We love a good clothing sponsor.
Speaker 1: I love a good hashtag your sponsor.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'll read a couple more of these. You guys submitted so many questions, which we love. I'm sure we'll do this again. These are so much fun. But next question, will you be creating and recording more music in the future?
Speaker 1: Good one. I it's like my hobby, right, Yeah, I love it so much since I had ocean though, I just like I prioritize my time differently and things that have to get done that are like paying for things, That's what I do. And then the rest of the time it's like I want to be with my kid. But yes, I want to record more music with James Kennedy. Like if I never were I shouldn't say that I would love to work with a lot of people, but say that he was the only person I could work with for the rest of my life. In music. We have the best time justs it is such a vibe. Oh my god, we have the best time.
Speaker 3: Do you just like go in a studio?
Speaker 1: How does that we go into a studio? Because he's the first time I ever sang out loud. Okay, was with James, which.
Speaker 3: Is insane because she sings all the time around the house. Now she's got a great voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not like I like make up songs for it. It's not like I'm like pretending to be Whitney Houston around the house.
Speaker 3: Wait, were you so nervous because that's a that's vulnerable if.
Speaker 1: People only did I sing, Yes, it is vulnerable. And not only was it in front of James Kennedy. Yeah, cameras were on. Oh no, nope.
Speaker 3: You couldn't catch me. You couldn't catch me doing that ever.
Speaker 1: Ever. Yeah, thank you Tito's Vodka. Oh my god, because I was like, I'm gonna just slam these vodkas and then I'm not gonna know where I am or what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So we can we can not guarantee, but maybe hope for another song in the future with you and DJ James Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Go off.
Speaker 3: Okay, so last question we'll read today. These were all great. Thank you everyone. How are London and Riley as sisters and how are they different from one another with Ocean?
Speaker 1: Bam, What a great question to ask is we wrap up the podcast? Okay, London and Riley are fantastic with Ocean. And I will say at the very beginning when I told them I was pregnant, Riley was so excited because she was at that age. London sobbed her eyes out and she kept asking me, you know, will I still fit in? Can we still have girl time? She was very consumed with now that you're having your own baby, does that still mean? Does that mean you won't be my stepmom anymore? So I really had to like baby her and show her like things are gonna change, but in a great way. And right now you're thinking of this like thing in my stomach where when it comes out, you're gonna see like that's your sister. So Riley immediately wanted to hold the baby the second she came home. London didn't hold Ocean until she was probably two months.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, why do you think that is?
Speaker 1: And I didn't pressure her, Yeah, but I had told her at that two month mark, I said, just so you know, you're holding Ocean tonight, You're doing it. And she got this big smile. She goes, I am but why, But like you could tell like she was excited and now all she wants to do is hold the baby. But London also like in that tween stage. Yes, she wants to kick it with her friend, she wants to go to the mall. She wants to be on group chats FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, yeah, she's so cool, guys, She's so cool.
Speaker 1: She's so it's so crazy because I met Riley in London when they were three and six. So to see them turn into like these grown people where I can be like, can you watch Ocean while I run and do this, not leave the house, but like while I go downstairs make a bottle or whatever. It's crazy to me. Yeah, there's such a cute dynamic. And you know, Ocean is really the thing that made it a real family because I've always felt like kind of the outsider, if that makes sense. Yeah, No one's made me feel that way. That's just in my own brain. Yeah, but now we have Ocean, it's like, oh, this is like real life, Like we have the last piece of this puzzle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Randall with all of you women. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Randall's surrounded. We have all girl dogs. Yeah, people that help us around the house, that make the household function properly, all women.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's now hiring mostly female assistants and I'm like, he sees women get the motherfucking job done.
Speaker 3: Yes, yay, Well that was fun. I'm gonna let Lala take this out. I love thanks for letting me be on this. Well, thanks for being on this of course. Of course, I love you guys so so much. I appreciate you tuning in every single week to listen to give them La La with Randall.
Speaker 1: I hope that you enjoyed this episode. I hope you're enjoying the new season of vander Pump Rules. And we will catch you next week. And remember we take your questions if you call us at one eight six six La La pot. I love you, guys,