Speaker 1: What mic are you on this one? Oh? Am, I supposed to be using No.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. That was this one? No? That was yes? Okay, yeah use that one?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? Okay, only sereal with your did you when.
Speaker 2: You hand a jam? Yeah? Yeah, yes, spoon man. Okay. Welcome to Serial Killers Episode one thirty one. Hi Andrew, Hi Scott. Do you have something to say?
Speaker 1: Happy birthday? Scott?
Speaker 2: That was yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess this is the big birthday episode.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: No, so today's Friday, August seventh. My birthday was yesterday, on Thursday, August sixth Yes, now one year older?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one more year in the gen X category.
Speaker 2: Yes, my brain is just shriveling up because I'm so old.
Speaker 1: You said it, not me.
Speaker 2: What did you do for my birthday yesterday? Oh? Wow? Did you step on some ants?
Speaker 1: Yes, stepped on some ants. I don't know what that even means.
Speaker 2: You said you have bugs in your apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even don't even get me star.
Speaker 2: Okay, are they in your cereal boxes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't have cereal.
Speaker 1: I do. I still have Echo Waffle cereal and Ryan's World Cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It expires at the end. Of the year. So if I don't eat.
Speaker 2: It, it doesn't expect Those dates are just a suggestion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, well the sugar clumps up and then you're just eating like sticky.
Speaker 2: If it's open, yes, if it hasn't been opened, those things will last a good six months to a year past the expiration date or best by date.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, geez. Good to know, Good to know.
Speaker 2: So this episode nothing new? Great? Sorry, the next two episodes actually there's not going to be anything new, and I apologize because we're waiting on a few things. Okay, you know, I put out the call for the Baby Yoda cereal from General Mills. One of our listeners found it. It's being shipped. It's on the way, so the next time you and I record together we'll be able to do that one.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: There's also the new Dunkin cereal that I can't believe that our friends at Post have not sent us yet, so we might actually have to wait until it's in stores. Usually Post is pretty good with that, but you know, i'll give past this time around. Plus the fact that's there's caffeine in that cereal. You don't wait because they say it's the caffeine of one tenth of a cup of coffee or something like that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's basically like a hint of coffee.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not a fan of coffee flavored thing. I love hot coffee and that's it. I don't like iced coffee. I don't like coffee flavored stuff. I just like regular coffe.
Speaker 1: You can't even say you really like coffee. And I don't want to be a coffee snob who's like one of those people that's like, you don't actually enjoy the taste of coffee. I can drink black coffee. I enjoy black coffee. I like black iced coffee. I like black hot coffee either. One I'm a fan of.
Speaker 2: You're probably right, it's just kind of a habit at this point. Yeah, it's like smoking cigarettes. I just drink coffee. I don't love coffee, but I crave it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't love beer, but I drink one. You know, it's just a hold in.
Speaker 1: My hand for three hours. Yeah, to be social, I milk it exactly. I mean you also, again not to go back to how you drink your coffee, but you drink it with milk and sugar. Milk and sugar and more milk than actual coffee.
Speaker 2: It, that's not true. I usually get two or three milks. I'm not Nate, who gets like a half a container of cream. True, Let's eat cereal. Yeah yeah, let's eat cereal. Yes?
Speaker 1: Is that your European tourist voice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, does Nate still get that iced coffee?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, he gets it with like a half a gallon of cream.
Speaker 1: That's terrible for you. It is like that's really not good.
Speaker 2: And he's not a healthy man. No, and he has underlying conditions.
Speaker 1: That's like drinking like lard.
Speaker 2: Almost, That's okay. I still don't understand the packages of lard, that green and white box that's in the dairy section. Who uses that and what for?
Speaker 1: People can use it for a variety of things. Sometimes you do need lard to like hold things together.
Speaker 2: But it's just the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's not a great name. All right, let's get started eating cereal. Found this in the cereal I had the Little Green get it while they last tag So I'm not sure if it's discontinued or if Shopwright is just no longer carrying it. It is a Cascadian farm. It's what no I mean again, it's just more of the same.
Speaker 2: Why it's no, it's different. We've never had this one.
Speaker 1: You just everything is becoming cashi or a granola. That's all we're doing.
Speaker 2: This is not a granola and it's not cashe So we've had honey vanilla crunch, We've had berry vanilla puffs, We've had French vanilla almond, and now we will have vanilla chia crunch. You like chica, I do like you're a fan of chia.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling, you know what, it's gonna taste like.
Speaker 2: It's gonna taste like vanilla flakes with some stuff.
Speaker 1: It's gonna taste like a special K. It's gonna taste like, yeah, special K.
Speaker 2: Let's look in the Cereal vault and what vanilla do we have back? Actually we don't have any vanilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's hold on, I'm gonna go to the Cereal Wall of hoarding because I'm not using your terms.
Speaker 2: Nobody can hear you going to taste we don't have vanilla back there? Yeah, come on back, all right, So let's see gonna do the Scotti shake. What jingo would you like me to use? Andrew neither No, there's like six.
Speaker 1: How did you get six of them?
Speaker 2: There's a whole bunch of Scottie Shake ones.
Speaker 1: There was two You've only ever played two? No, yes, no, yes, there's Shake your Box, there's Shake your Body, and there's the other one but I can't find it. Yes, you play that one all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't like that one, really, I mean I do, Sorry, Brody, but yes, this one too, I play that all the time. But there's another one. I think it's gone and I don't even remember what it was called. Look at that?
Speaker 1: Was it the Harlem shake one that you never got made?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's just eat this thing. Huh. Okay, I'm in now. You know that it is a General Mills brand, even though it doesn't say General Mills because of the box top on top full Cascadian Farm single. There was another episode a few ago when you said Cascadian Farms and I didn't correct you, and I should have them.
Speaker 1: God, another year older, still just as insufferable.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I have to check something on my phone. Hell could you No, it's just here's the thing, the okay, that's not it? No problem is that your millennial do dead? My gen Xbox company in my face face. Yes, no, Actually, I have some lawn company coming today, nice and I need to see when they're there. And I got a motion sensor, but it was the mailman. I'm sorry, the letter carrier. Okay, I have a cup please.
Speaker 1: Oh this place is a mess, by the way, speaking of our letter carrier. Yeah, anytime he.
Speaker 2: Comes up our steps, he kicks the soccer ball that's there, sawyer, soccer ball is out there, and he like he does all. He does that stuff because he likes to play with soccer guys.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, cool.
Speaker 2: Be his name's Uri. He's the Russian mailman.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yuri, the Russian mailman.
Speaker 2: And he's always sitting at well, I'm sorry, pre COVID. You know, I would go to the barber shop and Yuri the mailman would always be sitting in there watching soccer. They always have soccer on in barber shops. I don't know why, but they love soccer. Okay, okay, So anytime he walks out my steps, he kicks the soccer ball. Wow, does some Pele stuff.
Speaker 1: Let it be known that, well, Pele is not Russian, so okay, soccer guy is Yeah, soccer. Let me just be known that if I told that story, you would have played the Peanuts.
Speaker 2: It was a quick story. It was just like that quick, that really quick.
Speaker 1: That was like a solid minute and a half of you and my mamman plays with the soccer ball, and you know, barber shops play soccer all the time.
Speaker 2: What is it about barber shops?
Speaker 1: All right, let me eat this.
Speaker 2: You're ready.
Speaker 1: I know what it's gonna taste like.
Speaker 2: You don't because you don't know, cereal, Ready, here we go. The taste like some sort of baked product.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, kind of we've had.
Speaker 2: Something else similar. For sure. It loses its flavor quickly.
Speaker 1: Very quickly. I don't taste any gia seeds.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're in the bottom. I did shake it, but.
Speaker 1: Not that gia seeds are that noticeable. It feels like it was next to a vanilla plant. Well yeah, yeah, it's not actually tasting like vanilla two bowls. I'm gonna agree with you on that. It's not the best.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, Cascadian for maybe that's why it's being discontinued. True, it is still on their website, but it is disappearing from shelves. That's all I know. You know, my serial knowledge tells me that it won't be around much longer. Wow, my cereal intuition?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, can you play the Jewel song intuition?
Speaker 2: Intuition?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Remember Jewel?
Speaker 2: That was, yes, I remember Jewels. She was living in a car down by the river. I know she never got a teeth fixed.
Speaker 1: Right after she did like the folk thing when she was trying to do crossover like she was Taylor Swift before Taylor Swift, and then she had that intuition song that's now used in all the razor commercials.
Speaker 2: Well, because there's a razor called intuition, that's why.
Speaker 1: Yes, obviously, I'm just saying it was a big hit in the times.
Speaker 2: It's not here. I mean hard your intuition? Oh yes, yes, yes, it will lead you.
Speaker 1: That was Jewel, right, duck shit.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that Shakira?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh mind, I can play Jewels hark the Herald Angels sing that we have so good on but we do not have intuition.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Okay, you're playing it. Cool? Cool, cool, Okay, Now there's Jewel on the pan flute? Yes, what pan flute?
Speaker 2: Pan flute?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you not know what a pan flute is?
Speaker 2: I was going to make some sort of joke, but I forget what they call it. Okay, what's the pants flute? Oh that's a trouser snake. Never mind, Oh, let's watch the next one. The next couple of cereals are all going to be listeners supplied. Remember all those boxes that were over there. Oh yeah, so our listeners have just been sending them in NonStop, and I really do appreciate it. A lot of them are store brands, a few of them are some you know, randos that we've never had before. So this box that I'm going to bring up right now is from our friends Anthony and Cara. Okay, Anthony's the son, Cowras the mom. They're big listeners and they love the show, and so they sent us from waltameal Honey Graham toasters.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, we've had this.
Speaker 2: We've had cinnamon toasters, which are the cinnamon toast crunch rip off. This obviously would be the Golden Graham's ripoff. So let's eat it. Okay, tear here to remove top. I know, I know, it's not very innovative when we eat stuff that we've kind of had already, but we never actually had this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had something counts, we had.
Speaker 2: Something just like this, but not this. Okay, what song is it?
Speaker 1: Oh? You want? It's the coldplaye Chainsmokers song. The Chainsmokers who threw a concert in Long Island during.
Speaker 2: COVID on Long Island And yeah, that was kind of crazy. Yeah in the Hamptons. I don't know what you think about that. Don't like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you shouldn't. Yeah, all right, it's a car concert that means you stay in your car.
Speaker 2: I just like, just like concerts and COVID just don't mix of any kind. I'm sorry. I just don't think there could be a thing just yet.
Speaker 1: We got to wait a little more. You're almost there, guys.
Speaker 2: We may not even going on our end of summer vacation. Like we don't know what to do. It's kind of hello, thirty five life cards and LBI just tested positive for corona, so.
Speaker 1: We don't saving you in the water. Well they have backups, but I don't know. It's just such a weird thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to.
Speaker 1: Do, to be honest. If you're by yourself and a you know what you're gonna say. No's lied to me. No. If you have a house and you're by yourself and wants.
Speaker 2: To sit in their house by themselves. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're on the beach, there's actually a really good article that talks about the beach and why it is not terrible to go. I'll send you the article.
Speaker 2: But people start moving up on you, and it's like you get uncomfortable and you got to get out. That's happened to me a few times. All right, let's go here you go, multimeal.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know everything?
Speaker 2: Well, it's pretty right on par with Golden Grams. It's even a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Love it. Five balls.
Speaker 2: I like the consistency of this one better. There's a little bit of sugar on them.
Speaker 1: This is Teddy gram cereal.
Speaker 2: Not quite yes it is. First of all, you didn't even know that was a thing until I told you about it. You're like, well, what those you're cookies and you never tasted it, so how would you know? Bill? I know they do get soggy a little bit, which I also don't mind. Good four balls in a spoon, five balls, small toomeal. You've done it again. You don't remember where that was from?
Speaker 1: Right? Cool?
Speaker 2: What's mister magoo?
Speaker 1: Isn't that the guy who plays Bean.
Speaker 2: No, that's Rowan Rowan Atkinson or something. Right, He's not Magoo, No, mister McGoo. Mister McGoo was first of all the cartoon from like the seventies and eighties when I was a kid, and he was the guy from Gilligan's Island. Cool, what's his name? Jim backus?
Speaker 1: You're just saying things at this point. I I you could literally be like just making things up and I'd be like, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Oh, Magoo, you've done it a aahead.
Speaker 1: Cool, I've heard the name mister mcgooch.
Speaker 2: It was even a movie. It was a it was a movie in the nineties or something. They made a live action movie.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Such a jerk.
Speaker 1: I'm the jerk. You're the one who's like consistently putting us in this lane of being like do you remember this? Do you remember this? What about this? And then you make it seem like I'm the idiot.
Speaker 2: But you've had you've you've had to have heard of mister McGoo.
Speaker 1: I've heard of him, but I don't know much more than just hearing the name mister Magoo.
Speaker 2: Road Hog No road No, all right, that's fine. The millionaire and his wife. He was the millionaire III Island.
Speaker 1: I know Gilligan's Island. I own the first season of it on tvd W.
Speaker 2: There's the last time you watched that.
Speaker 1: I actually enjoyed Gilligan's Island because it used to be on TV Land.
Speaker 2: This cereal is so good.
Speaker 1: I love it five balls. It's amazing. I would buy this in the store.
Speaker 2: Where else would you buy it?
Speaker 1: I don't know online Amazon? You know.
Speaker 2: The one thing I never really liked about Gilligan's Island. I never liked when they like sped it up and Gilligan was running really fast. But it was just they just sped it up. You know.
Speaker 1: That's the sixties forty. They didn't really know how to make telegrap.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to the next listener. Supplied cereal. This one comes from Long Valley, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Are you getting tired when you bend up and down? Now?
Speaker 2: Not at all. It's a good workout, because he just went, no, you're out of breath. I'm not. And I noticed that this shirt's a little big too. For some reason, anytime I'm with you, I wear a big giant shirt.
Speaker 1: Those are your eating pants.
Speaker 2: This is from Alyssa. Oh wait a minute, I have to I have got to play something here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh Cereal Killing International.
Speaker 2: Yes, I forget. I'm not even gonna go find it.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to pretend to be the jingle?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Serial Killers International?
Speaker 2: Very good, Andrew? And so this cereal what is she? What is she? Right here? Here is Swiss? Be warned. These are the reason I caught fat when I studied abroad. I hope you enjoy them. The brand is Familia, Okay, you know what that means family? And they are Swiss Choco Bits. Okay, Now I love the mascot. He's really he's he's a cross between a cute little guy like some dirty pirate that wants to save you. Because he has a little thing on his head. I see.
Speaker 1: I was thinking more of the cross on the top of the head makes it look like he's a nurse.
Speaker 2: Yeah first aid, Yeah yeah yeah yeah. So would you think he's a pirate because the the because of the bandana, like the flying in the wind bandana a pirate? But he's very excited. He's surfing on one of the Swiss Choco bits. And this cereal is a product of Familia. No, I want to see what a country. It's from Switzerland, product of Switzerland.
Speaker 1: Very good Swiss Switzerland.
Speaker 2: Did you not like Swiss? Miss hot cocoa from Switzerland? It's made in Ohio.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, okay, there's a difference between the United States being like this is from the Swiss Alps and like somebody who sent us something and went abroad and it says Swiss and it being from Switzerland.
Speaker 2: There's cereal pillows with genuine Swiss milk nut chocolate. What is milk nut chalk? Is that like hazel nut?
Speaker 1: Probably so it's a lighter chocolate.
Speaker 2: We've had cereals a little bit like this before. Obviously, the pillows are reminiscent of Crave cereal. And we also had that crazy kosher cereal.
Speaker 1: Yes here, and I enjoyed that one. It was Nugat flavor.
Speaker 2: Nugat, the original Swiss musselli Musli, right, Musley, This isn't Musli though, I think they put the sticker on the wrong box.
Speaker 1: Or maybe MUSIALI means like brand of some sort.
Speaker 2: Where are the chocolate bits? Have a good look at the picture and find out where I'm hiding. How many times can you discover me?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Look at his face.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. Not gonna lie. The choco bit looks kind of like a turd. He also has a wart of some sort on his elbow. Look that's I guess his elbow dimple.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And he has gnarly toes.
Speaker 2: He's got to tell those pigs well, this looks like it's going to be delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say it. If the Ceial Avengers had to fight a villain, it might be the Swiss chocolate bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, he could do it barefoot too. This is Survivor right here.
Speaker 1: He looks like he could. He's the villain. He's assembling an army.
Speaker 2: Love the foil packaging. You know it's gonna be fresh. Let me just check for pinholes. Sorry, Alissa, Not like I don't trust you or anything. But you know, when we were kids, they used to like shoot apples full of it. Anthrax what or cyanide? Yeah, when I was a kid who was cyanide. Anthrax is a you know, that's a newer, terrible thing. I'm sure it's been around for a while, but you didn't hear about it until like the two thousands or the crazy heavy metal band from the eighties, right, Anthrax or was it the nineties? Anyway, when I was a kid, they were putting cyanide and til and all.
Speaker 1: And that's why they now have security locks on them.
Speaker 2: That's right. Oh my goodness, does this smell delicious. It's very hard to open this though, and I tore it all up. So that guy out there wants to empty our garbage cans and I'm just ignoring him. Oh okay, right, can I have your cut please?
Speaker 1: Oh of course, Swiss chocolate bits?
Speaker 2: Yeah, while they were using bowl and basket one percent milk. Thank you shop right, yeah? Actually not thank you because the cows. Yeah, we never got our cow. By the way, Borden never came through. No, not a yah. You're a weirdo.
Speaker 1: I'm a weirdo. You didn't even know Swiss Switzerland? Like, it's shocking you did. Is that why you read the back of the box?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: This smells amazing?
Speaker 2: Right? The shell is kind of boring, like the pillow itself is boring. The filling it tastes like nutella nutella, Nutella, nutella whatever.
Speaker 1: Or Ferrero Oshet candy. Yes, yeah, a.
Speaker 2: Little during Christmas, yep, I just to peel the stickers off and stick them on the toilet.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm a fan of this. I give this four balls in a spoon. I can understand why you got fat from it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be disappointed to me, but I'm giving it three balls only because I don't love hazel nuts spread, which is what this tastes like. Even though it's his chocolate, I don't believe it is so no offense to the cereal. I'm sure to people that enjoy it, it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: This is delicious. Yeah, great job, Thank you so much. This is amazing. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 2: All right, Alyssa in Long Valley, New Jersey. Your extra large shirt is on the way. Thank you for sending it.
Speaker 1: It's good. It tastes like a candy. It's delicious, It's like rich. It almost feels like an actual like it doesn't feel artificial in any way. I know it has to be in some ways artificial, it doesn't, but it just tastes like they're using good ingredients that make it taste legit.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, there's no English, so I can't really read the ingredients. No, you would love this, neat Nate would like this, Nate.
Speaker 1: Just please make sure Nate's not drinking his cream with this, otherwise he might Oh.
Speaker 2: Here whole meal cereal pillows with genuine Swiss milk, nut chocolate filling, cream with chocolate, forty five percent sugar, coconut fat, hazel nuts, sunflower oil, cocoa powder, coco mass, what skimmed milk, emulsifier, soy lesseethin.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: There's also aroma in here, so they've added aroma, which is really really nice and pleasing to the nostrils. All right, I have a whole fun You can take it home after we take a picture. You get it. Congratulations, that's your door prize. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers episode one three to one.
Speaker 1: You could just call it one thirty one.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Oh, those are the cereal boxes you were going to take home.
Speaker 2: The Chopkuins boxes, fellow. No, I was gonna donate them because I'm never gonna eat that. They're brand new.
Speaker 1: So when you say you're gonna donate things, you should just go do it. And said, because I've been coming now for the past three four weeks.
Speaker 2: I have an idea. When I send t shirts out to the listeners that send us cereal. I'm just gonna randomly throw in a box of cereal that we have laying around from now on.
Speaker 1: So that's how it'll start getting donating to a food pantry to listeners. You just get cereal I don't want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? I'm sure they would appreciate it. Maybe we can sign the box. Okay, all right, thanks for listening. We will see you.
Speaker 1: On Wait here's a question. Oh wait, no, you wouldn't. You don't give blood ever?
Speaker 2: Right? I tried one time, I told you and I passed out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because I have been using the Red Cross app and I go every three to four months.
Speaker 2: Now Amy does too.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they gilter into blood all the time.
Speaker 1: I think what I'm I know this is going to sound stupid, and I know you're gonna be like this has no place here, But I think what I would do if there's enough listeners that would join, you can create a team on the Red Cross app. What if I made like a Serial Killers team and then all our listeners could give blood.
Speaker 2: You're such a good guy, Andy.
Speaker 1: If our listeners would do that, let me know, it's a really great app. The Red cross is fantastic and I, like I said, cannot rave enough about it. And there's always blood shortages.
Speaker 2: So I only tried to do it one time for the free Mets tickets and I passed out, but they fell bad for me, so they still gave me the Mets tickets. Wow. Let's go follow please Serial Killers at PC on Instagram and Twitter and Facebook and website coming soon yay.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm working on it. It's almost done. The only problem I'm having is how I want to display the list, because I'm just thinking our listeners probably want to go to the site and search for a serial Yes.
Speaker 2: I want to do that too, actually, because I wasn't sure whether we did the Cascadian Farm and I had to scroll through the whole freaking thing and it was annoying.
Speaker 1: So I need to basically create a search function in it. And it's just it's taking me a little time, but I am working on it. It'll come within the next week or two, so basically December no no, no, no, no, okay, it'll be done by the end of August.
Speaker 2: Great. How do they subscribe?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, go and like and subscribe the podcast wherever you're listening to it. We appreciate you for listening and leave us a review. We loved your reviews.
Speaker 2: Yes please, cool, All right, let's go have a great weekend. See you on Monday.
Speaker 1: One, two, three Crunch. I gave blood last week.
Speaker 2: I could see your scar.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: What do you talk about when you give blood?
Speaker 1: Nothing. I put on headphones.
Speaker 2: Headphones, yeah, big giant headphones.
Speaker 1: No, my little buds.
Speaker 2: I just pictured you with like those headphones that came with a Walkman in the eighties, with the little foam orange things. I had those for the long not the Sony ones, but like the fake Kobe ones that you would buy in the drug store. Yeah, those cu cuck cuck. Cool