Speaker 1: One with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, it was shocking.
Speaker 3: Wait what episode did you guys watch?
Speaker 2: Did you watch a different episode?
Speaker 1: And you know the part she's referring to, Yes, I do, but no, we didn't watch a different episode. So I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: This is storm warning, right, Yeah, your.
Speaker 2: Storyline, Jenny is toys is storm warning.
Speaker 1: And there's some sharks in the water and.
Speaker 3: There's crazy things happening. Oh so emotional with your papa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two good storylines in this episode, and two that are.
Speaker 1: I can't hear Amy saying that we're jumping the sharks soon, and then that's all last episode. Then this episode, that's all.
Speaker 2: It's not jumping. It's like it's just getting a little too close.
Speaker 1: There's some sharks in the water.
Speaker 2: There's some sharks in the water.
Speaker 3: Are you I only like what you said. There's two good storylines. What besides the dad wind on his dad one? What's the other one? So?
Speaker 2: I okay, So I'm sort of intrigued by the Tracy Brandon storyline, and I'm sort of intrigued by Smith Jared don't know his name on the show, and and yeah, yeah, those are sort of intriguing. Tory's storyline was really good Claire. I mean, it is time for Claire to go because they have nothing to do with her.
Speaker 1: But it's not This isn't her fault. She's great, correct, not.
Speaker 2: Her fault at all, But it is so bad.
Speaker 1: Two back to back episodes. She's the comedy fodder. I don't know, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's sort of the fodder. That's a good word.
Speaker 1: For three episodes in a row, like every episode because it was like dah and then it was the sexy, putting glue together girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think she likes it. You can tell she doesn't like what they're doing with her character.
Speaker 2: Hence why she leaves the show because she's like, I'm not doing anything here now.
Speaker 1: If I were them, I think Claire is great. I think her character is really valuable because she's different than the other girls and at this point she's been a main regular for a while.
Speaker 3: What would you what would you think they should do with her?
Speaker 1: I think that they should bring in her love interest, the Prince. She doesn't have to be with Steve because she holds her own as a main character at this point, Well, bring in someone for her and make it great.
Speaker 3: They did that with the with the Prince, what about him? Bring him back?
Speaker 1: They could? I don't know. I just they're doing herd disservice. But yeah, aka why she leaves?
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, well we're talking about season seven, episode twenty three, Storm Warning. It aired March nineteenth, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Synopsis. He may have two tickets to Hong Kong, but Brandon Tracy are getting nowhere fast. Doctor Martin is on the brink of death, Kelly is feeling like an empty nester, Steve is feeling used, and Rob Andrews is about to experience a Category four storm named Valerie.
Speaker 3: Hat That's funny. That was good sorry. Directed by Bethany Rooney and written by John well Blee.
Speaker 2: Interesting directing. There was a couple of parts where I was like, whoa, Like at the I can't remember if it was like right at the hospital the camera was sort of swirling a bit. There was something like where I was like, WHOA, that's sort of interesting. Yeah, I was like I felt frantic and I was like, oh that fits.
Speaker 3: Was this one of no Bethany had directed before this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? She Yeah, she did one of your best episodes. Your beloved episode. Was it Perfect Mom?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I don't remember when she was in, but that sounds right.
Speaker 1: And is that different than the Fashion Show? I don't think so, but that was her very first directorial debut on our show was the fashion show, which was in c.
Speaker 2: Fashion show with the big incident when there was like a big fight and I think your mom, Dylan.
Speaker 1: That wasn't called Perfect Mom. Maybe not, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh, I'm thinking of the katillion never mind, I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking like they it was mother daughter. They walked the runway, Donna walked with a different fleece.
Speaker 3: Yet different mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could we talk about the storyline that is the worst in this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: We should? Which they keep listening to get to the best?
Speaker 3: No? Maybe maybe is it Joey? Is it Joey's storyline or is it Claire's storyline?
Speaker 2: But those are really equally Joey pretty bad, But Joey's the word. It's just you've kidnapped this child. Then you find the mom, you call the mom, and you're like, hey, you might want to like just give the detective a call. He's probably got some questions for you. Like the whole thing is so ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's absurd, Just like that TV that's in our beach apartment living room.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's all we could afford.
Speaker 1: Didn't we at some point have a different one?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It was such a box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a box on like a stand. And then you remember you've always been like putting videos in that or like somebody's always doing something with that stupid TV.
Speaker 2: Oh with that TV. My problem too, is like it's almost like supposed to see how sort of bummed you are that he leaves when it's like you're not his mom, you're not his aunt, you're a stranger danger what is happening? Like? And and all the gang is just like, oh, who's your friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Nobody's alarmed?
Speaker 2: Random kid to the to a dangerous situation too, Like if the storm were to come, you brought a kid.
Speaker 3: To the eye of the storm. Don't you think Brandon would have said something.
Speaker 2: Like who is this kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the voice of reason. Why isn't he reasoning with her?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just a kid I basically kidnapped.
Speaker 1: But are the cops not into this?
Speaker 3: No, because she's decided she's just gonna find the parents, the moms on our own, but.
Speaker 1: Where are the authorities?
Speaker 2: And it was so easy for you to find the mom, Like if that was the case, why didn't the.
Speaker 1: Police, Oh my god, been so worried.
Speaker 3: It's like, what if she's been just sitting at home worrying.
Speaker 2: Or making posters. They definitely had posters everywhere, so that you were going to understand.
Speaker 3: That they care that she was like milk cartons, No, not even milk cartons, just posters, posters.
Speaker 2: But the kid either took a bus or a plane to LA there would be a record like this is not what it does.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense in any way.
Speaker 3: Wait, but in the nineties things were different, you guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, but still you could run away still I mean correct, But I think he took a bus or a plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he took a bus or he took a bus. But so what you don't have.
Speaker 2: To give your name when you buy a bus ticket.
Speaker 3: I can give anybody's name when you buy a bus ticket. But he's twelve, I guess, I guess there's that. I mean, they would they'd be like, hmm, you're awfully small.
Speaker 2: Right at the bus depot, They're just like, yeah, no problem, here you go kid.
Speaker 1: I want to know who created the storyline. I want to know who did the research on this storyline, because sometimes while John Welpley Welpley was the main writer, as Jenna and I have said, they did it up in the writer's room. So b storyline, you write this and then they make it cohesively. He does it, But who had this story.
Speaker 2: Totally Craig crag, who did it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. How do we find out? Let's catch somebody.
Speaker 2: Each part crazier than the part before. Like it was crazy enough that you found this kid on your porch and you're like, come on in, let me make you a sandwich. And then you finally call the police they lose him. So that's totally nuts. He just walked out, finds you, and comes back, and you decide to keep him. Then you take him into the storm. Nobody is even the slightest bit flummoxed by the fact that you now have like a kid with you. Then you're super saddy.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like, I feel like you need to talk to somebody about this. Something's going on, like I mean crazy.
Speaker 2: Like, well, we think she's pregnant.
Speaker 3: We got a glimpse into like Kelly's like going through something at the end of the way she stares at That was cool, though I was feeling lonely too lost perhaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was good face acting and very good ending there.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the face acting comments.
Speaker 2: Really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I love in the first scene with you and Claire, the the you know soe the blinds from outside that you looked so beautiful. It's just like and it's like cool lighting.
Speaker 3: There's a plus. It makes it worth watching something. AnyWho, Well, I'm happy. I'm pretty sure that kid's gone. He's not going to be coming running back.
Speaker 2: No, I think we're now done with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, good and now we definitely see hell he is pining for a brand though, totally and but but he just I squealed at the TV, you know, like when you're watching Pretty the Summura I turned pretty and then they eat the peaches. That moment, like I screamed. All the girls in my house were screaming at the TV. This is the moment I was screaming at the TV, like, no, Brandon.
Speaker 1: Don't ask her to go to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Or no, where are they going Hong Kong Kong. Don't go to Hong Kong. Don't take her. He doesn't want to take her, but he gets no.
Speaker 2: I know. It's like right, it's so, how.
Speaker 1: Come there's no? First of all, Jason Priestley, he was very happy this episode.
Speaker 2: He looked good. He looked good.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, but you know the episode sometimes where he's always a great actor, but it looks more serious the lines where he delivers them, and then there's the ones where he's like snacky. He was very do you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he was snappier in this one.
Speaker 1: Like in the first scene with Valerie. Oh yeah, and with Steve like he was.
Speaker 3: On it felt like he was.
Speaker 2: I thought he had a little bit of bad acting though, when sorry in the kitchen, when she says, you know, Valerie messes it up, Oh what's you doing with that other ticket? That was just crazy, and then she says what about the what about this other ticket? And then he sort of throws the whatever he's holding. Oh, and it.
Speaker 3: Was just like.
Speaker 1: Miss I was too focused on her terry cloth robe with a collar. It looked like a trench coat meets terry cloth rope.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't like that pink shirt she had. That was like, not great for me.
Speaker 1: Pink shirt.
Speaker 2: She was wearing sort of a pink flannelly buttoned down. It wasn't great.
Speaker 3: Valor Tracy, Tracy. I'm talking about Tracy much.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about val in the kitchen with Brandon. I'm talking about the terry cloth robe because he told us that it was cream colored and it had trench, like a trench like a point.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 3: But also, I don't think I've ever seen an outfit that they put Tracy and that made me go, oh my god, I love her outfit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I love her this episode.
Speaker 3: Tracy's with the little Yeah, she did.
Speaker 2: Have some nice swoops. Yeah, there was some swoops I liked.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just I can't take that much longer.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I can't take Valerie much longer.
Speaker 1: Once again, yes, that much longer.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have like a few episodes. Oh sorry and Tracy, same thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, something So she's not going to go to Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: You guys, there is a Hong Kong episode.
Speaker 3: We think of Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: I think only mister Walsh is like I'm trying to remember, but I feel like there is there's something.
Speaker 1: How come he doesn't mention like Brenda's going to be there, Brenda, your other I know someone, but your other kid hello.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It's so it's so fragmented.
Speaker 2: And also the photo album, when your kid is looking through the photo album, it's clearly a picture of you in that dress with the bow. But then you say like, oh, yeah, that's one of my stepdads, and I'm like, no, he's not in that photo. Did you guys notice.
Speaker 3: That I didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: No, No, somebody go back with eagle eyes, because it literally was the black dress with the white bow. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes, like an iconic dress, the spring princess dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can clearly see it in the photo. And then you say, yeah, that's one of my stepdads. And I'm like, no, I thought you were literally going to say, yeah, that's my friend Brenda, because but then you'd say stepdad. I'm like, huh, that was weird.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. They don't talk about her.
Speaker 1: We're being told by the Great Oz that when Brandon goes, only Jim is in Hong Kong because Cindy traveled to London because Brenda has.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes perfect Okay.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to pay to.
Speaker 2: The amazing detail that she has mono because that's so nineties, Like, oh my god, you have mono?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a big nineties Did you guys ever have mono in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I never got it, Never fear remember I had it.
Speaker 3: I like just lived with it for a long time.
Speaker 2: People, I don't make out.
Speaker 1: He's gonna don't scare you. It's the kissing disease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of my kids recently had it. It's back.
Speaker 2: It's is it kind of like pneumonia.
Speaker 1: One of my kids had it too, and it lasts like kissing. I'm like, no, it's not just that, yike se.
Speaker 3: I can't guarantee mine didn't kiss anyone. But let's get on to another storyline. For the love of Brandon Walsh, I want to talk about Claire and Steve at all or did we already cover it?
Speaker 2: No. At first, when she's eating the burger, I was like, it's happening. I sort of liked her. Actually, at first, I was like I like this girl, and then I.
Speaker 3: Like testosterone Claire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I liked it that they.
Speaker 3: Were talking about like hormone levels. I was like, hey, this is cutting out.
Speaker 2: I was in the nineties. Yeah, I was like, and they sort of didn't totally get it, but they were kind of trying. But I also was like, I even.
Speaker 1: Know they helped people's hormones in the nineties, especially young girls.
Speaker 3: That she takes it one she takes it one morning, and then by the evening she's a totally different person. And he's he's referencing how he can't stand it. She's so messy, she eats like a pig, like she like all these things. But it's been literally like four or five hours that they've been together.
Speaker 2: It's just the whole thing is a bit ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Wa wait, I misunderstood it.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: I know she said I'm gonna give him a taste of his own medicine.
Speaker 2: When did we see that part? That's the part that I miss.
Speaker 3: In the apartment with Kelly. Okay, Yes, she says I know what to want.
Speaker 1: Sex all the time, Yeah, you know, and then she's like, Eh, I'm go give him a dose of his own medicine or whatever. So I thought it wasn't real.
Speaker 2: I knew it wasn't real quickly too, but she sold it pretty well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was obvious that it wasn't real, but.
Speaker 2: Right, they're not just giving Okay, okay, teenage, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you were saying, like, how come like that quickly she's turned into.
Speaker 3: I was just saying, like how fast that storyline progressed?
Speaker 2: And also that Steve believed in.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not the brightest fred on the string lights there.
Speaker 2: Sorry anyway, so absurd though, that was just another just yeah, ridiculous. It was funnier.
Speaker 3: But he has like a realization that that's what he's like. So maybe he's gonna be softer and more gentle now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hope not. I don't want to do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see that. Nobody wants to see that.
Speaker 2: And then she immediately goes back to like, let's go collect sea shells. I'm just like, this is just too much for me.
Speaker 1: When she said this line in the show, I didn't understand it, but now it just hit me what it means, which lie Claire, Oh, she doesn't say he says it. Uh no, Claire, what's wrong? Is it puffy? Mean and snappy time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's talking about being on her period.
Speaker 3: No PMS, puffy mean oh and sappy nappy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I took it. It is like it was like some slang like puffy mean and snappy time. Like I didn't understand he meant puffy mean and snappy time PM mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did not get that either until just now when you two.
Speaker 3: And also like the reference to the fact that guys, especially back then but probably still really do kind of when women are on their periods. They have this like whole perception of them and that gives them the liberty to make fun of them or you know, say negative things about them. And I think it's so messed up. It gets me angry. You try being on having PMS, You try having a period, let me a single month for the rest of your life until you're may.
Speaker 2: I just, on a whim say that host menopause is worse than Perry menopause because my symptoms are like way wackier. I don't know everybody perry menopause is having such a moment and I'm like, can we dig into post because this is a wreck anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't honestly know that much about postmenopause, come to think about.
Speaker 2: It, are you not post menopause? Are you just living your best life? Like I feel kind of crappy.
Speaker 3: Every day it comes and goes. It's like a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: So tell me, I know, Amy, you've told me this before, or Gen tell me Perry is before.
Speaker 2: So it's like the years leading up, right, So you're still like getting a.
Speaker 1: PIM what are you while you're in it?
Speaker 2: Just wellnopa, menopause is just one day. There's just the one day where you are now not Perry and you're not post and then the day after.
Speaker 1: That your post And how do they determine this one year?
Speaker 2: So say you didn't have a period and then you never had one for a year. That day, whatever that mystery day is, is the menopause day. And then the day after that you're post menopause or you're in menopause. Interest, I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could do a whole show on this key way, but on this show they're really leaning into.
Speaker 1: The pm I was trying to think of a title.
Speaker 2: They're really leaning into the PMS of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird that you know, it's still it has like such a stigma and women have to deal with it. It's so annoying.
Speaker 2: At least the show's sort of addressing it, and they're sort of putting it, putting him in his place, rather than just leaning into the full stereotype. I mean, they went very stereotypical, because suddenly she's the stereotypical man. But yet at least they're trying. There's sort of a weird nineties attempt happening.
Speaker 1: What's comparable men, the men's version, Like we have menopause and there's a stigma on that.
Speaker 3: It's so like maybe that they need maybe they need viagra. I don't know. I don't know if there's hormones or brain chemicals involved in that, but that can really do a number on guys for sure. I mean some don't get it, but some do get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some women get it, But.
Speaker 3: I don't really think it has anything to do with anything medical. Yah're biological.
Speaker 1: I think maybe you're right. They start to lose hair. I was going to say, well we are, we already dealt with this in an episode, but what dick dies, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You mean they you think they lose sperm count?
Speaker 1: No, they can't get it off. Yeah, they have problems like that happens at a certain age.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, that's why they have viagra.
Speaker 1: I don't think is that there for version of like kind of layers of stigma on it and they feel they could feel shamed.
Speaker 3: Yes, but also they've been provided with insurance covered medication for many years, whilst women have suffered in silence, and there are no medications or research to support this transition in a woman's life. So don't get me started.
Speaker 1: I just got so turned on. I love when you talk smart and medical.
Speaker 3: But things are changing because did you see how much money Uh? I think Melinda Gates got out of old Bill. Oh yeah, or he did it himself. I don't know, but I really don't know how that happened. But I did read something about there's a big number going towards women's medical mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's great, need needed.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about yes, please, Valerie.
Speaker 2: Smith Jared yep, I will call him Smith Jared.
Speaker 1: Who's Smith?
Speaker 3: Jared Smith?
Speaker 2: And Jared.
Speaker 3: Like Smith? Jared Smith?
Speaker 2: Jared Smith. Jared is his name from Sex in the City.
Speaker 3: That is not his name on the show.
Speaker 1: No, he's Rob on this Rob Andrews. Wait. Jen isn't Rob Andrews. Wasn't he one of our Fox executives?
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There is a Rob now at Fox?
Speaker 3: But are you typing on a computer? Is that? What's happening to your love there?
Speaker 2: But it's not Rob Andrews. It's Rob Wade.
Speaker 3: Oh it's like where are you? It literally like you were like, let me check that out and look into my computer database? Right?
Speaker 2: You know I'm not text There was a Rob Andrews, Lorraine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you you guys, and and Jen we worked with him again for Am I wrong? I can be wrong?
Speaker 3: I don't Yeah, I don't think you're wrong. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Who is Rob Andrews at Fox Network? And airy O, my god, Dorri? This is fun trivia? Who?
Speaker 3: Why is this fun?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: People listening are like, we stayed with you during the menopause talk, but we don't care if you're googling who the Fox executive.
Speaker 3: Was anyway, because they copied his name.
Speaker 1: They used his name.
Speaker 2: Dude is so hot and he's so nice and he really likes her and respects her, and yet once aga a mirror and she's up to her Shenanigans. I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta say, oh man, last week, I wasn't that into him. This week, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, he's cute and if he can make a handcard mirror like that, seriously, I knop him around.
Speaker 2: And yet she's taking the bribe.
Speaker 3: You think she is taking it? I don't know yet. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's going to remember. But here's my question, you guys. They always say, like, energetically we bring the same patterns into our life. How many times, whether she takes it or not, somebody is offerware her money a bribe awareness, Why does this keep happening?
Speaker 3: She likes the cash, you guys, and.
Speaker 1: She never eluded that she would take money for it. And he's just like, I think I can make it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just so weird.
Speaker 1: People just do this.
Speaker 3: It's like when she sees cash, she can't control herself. Don't they call this a trope?
Speaker 2: Like the writers are just going for the same thing. I'm gonna be mad at the writers because it's like, stop writing the story.
Speaker 3: I think she's really going to take the money, and that's going to ruin their relationship. Though I know she going to be like, you know what, never mind, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to do this because I don't remember how much was it or they didn't say ten grand.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, and there's another ten grand in it for her when he signs or something. I don't know's he only does like a handful of episodes, and so I have a feeling that she takes the money and he brings up a tho.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's my I don't remember, but I'm just saying I know that he's only around for a certain number of episodes.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, it was a little extreme that she didn't like it, and this is why. And if he wants to play a bastard on in a film, it's like he's an actor.
Speaker 3: Why isn't Who's he listening to his brand new girlfriend that he isn't even that nice too when she comes over to see him, and then like.
Speaker 1: What's how great he was? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He is, but I don't think that there's enough of a substance of a relationship there to start taking career advice from somebody.
Speaker 2: Correct, And he's I just looked it up. He's only in four episodes and we've done two, so we only have two left with the guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, so she takes the money or she.
Speaker 3: Doesn't take the money and he goes off and does the film. I think Jen just nailed it, and then we never see him again.
Speaker 2: We'll find out. I don't even though understand, I'm gonna have to wait and see because a lot happens in the four episodes and the timeline's not adding up to me. I just peeked at what happened.
Speaker 1: A window? Is it good? Is it juicy? Wait?
Speaker 2: It's just very Valerie and it's just the same, Like God, it's the same. It's just the same old thing ginger lea Monica had to do with the money and Valerie giving her money. Then there is the baby fake baby daddy, and that might it's just like then even David Silver has the money. It's all just like, so.
Speaker 1: Wait, why don't I remember something? And also what happened with Steve's dad?
Speaker 3: She take money from him?
Speaker 1: M no, she just tried to like remember to the hotel room and he.
Speaker 2: Said no, but there was some Why was he coming? It was the money? He was doing a deal with her too.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just and then they remember that other guy? Was she Washy or what is his Nameky? Is that I can't remember? Thanky mcgeeh, keep going, Luke Dylan's friend, the oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Tricky Tracky, she took money, Jones Jonesy. Yeah, it's only one name, Jonesy Jonesy.
Speaker 1: Listen, you know what? They never did this to Heather Locklear Mel's. It's the same type of character, but they did so many different things with her.
Speaker 3: I mean, wait, I have a question. Okay, So if they keep doing this over and over for her character, similar to what they're doing to Claire's character, and Claire ends up leaving the show, does Valori end up leaving the show at some point?
Speaker 1: I'm not talking to you right now. I can't do this with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't do this podcast with you anymore.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm actually honestly asking though. That's the worst part.
Speaker 1: Amy. Let's tell her something. So Valerie leaves at the end of season eight. Where did she go? No?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a little later, No, she I thought we went through this because I thought it was then too, And everyone raw yelled at me.
Speaker 1: You don't remember Valerie leaves Alyssa Milano comes in, Melissa Milano, she went todmaid at the wedding.
Speaker 3: What I think you're just making that something is wrong? She joins, melrose Place, you're messing with me.
Speaker 2: You're just joking.
Speaker 1: And then Lisa Renna came in season ten.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's melrose Place, you freak.
Speaker 3: I would definitely remember this.
Speaker 1: Valerie doesn't leave for a bit, and then Melissa Joonhart, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, don't listen to Tori, you guys.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the good storyline. Please.
Speaker 1: Valery never leave. She stays to the bitter end.
Speaker 2: No she doesn't. She does leave towards the end.
Speaker 3: What where did she go? I thought she was at my wedding. Somebody doesn't remember. I can't do this with you anymore. Week she leaves, she comes to the wedding, though she leaves.
Speaker 1: Doesn't leave, you, guys.
Speaker 2: He does. She leaves a few episodes early.
Speaker 3: It says that she leaves in season nine, episode eight. That's not a few episodes earlier. That's like the whole Yeah, it's like a big season.
Speaker 1: Why did she leave?
Speaker 3: She liked us.
Speaker 2: They do fifty million weird things to her before then it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, where was she going that she left?
Speaker 3: Amy doesn't remember look at her.
Speaker 1: Everybody leaves Jen, we never leave. No, we never left.
Speaker 3: We still just to talk about Brandon and giving the tickets to Tracy. He should have listened to his instinct. He doesn't know give them to her.
Speaker 2: No, And then suddenly he acts like he does. He's wishy washy.
Speaker 1: He's not into her, So why does he do it?
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: You see it on his face.
Speaker 2: Here's my problem with her, And she's so mad. Then she storms out, but then she goes to Malibu. Then she's sort of cold to him.
Speaker 1: Then she's me thought she said, stormed out and goes to Malibu because we're dealing with the storm.
Speaker 2: And then he asks her again do you want to go? And she says I would love to.
Speaker 3: Like it's just like she says, I'm sorry, I know, but really, this girl needs to really get garner up some more self worth because she's kind of being dicked around by.
Speaker 2: Ours or realized she's been dating this guy. She's in college and she's been dating this guy for only a handful of months.
Speaker 3: Chill out, like it's a little aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to go to Hong Kong with a guy that you've just been dating in college. It's just like crazy.
Speaker 3: Also, they look old.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. They do not look like they're seniors in college. Four both of them look like they're thirty.
Speaker 1: How dare you? How do we look?
Speaker 3: Do we look like we're in college?
Speaker 2: In the show? Yeah, you look more so accurate?
Speaker 3: We were the right age.
Speaker 1: Honestly we actually were. Yeah, yeah, okay, they look older. Just guys go back to like your first love and like you're dating someone. Let's say she's totally in love with him, he gets invited by First of all, I cannot believe he admits to her that his parents do know about her, but you don't know what I know? That so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: That was just weird.
Speaker 1: That was just so weird. But imagine your boyfriend. You're in love with him, this is real to you. Let's say it's and even six months. You fall hard at that age, and he has two tickets and he's going to visit on Spring Bay his parents. Why would you not be crushed if it wasn't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would want to go.
Speaker 1: Think about we're all old and cynical now, but think about when you're in your twenties and you think every guy is going to be the one, the one for the rest of your life. Like she in her mind she's gonna marry Brandon Walsh. This is the first time to go meet his parents. I'd be pissed if I if he's had two tickets and he wasn't taking me.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was mad, right, And do he feel guilty for it now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But I still don't care.
Speaker 1: Why what?
Speaker 3: Because I don't want Brandon to take her? Plain and simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's weird too.
Speaker 1: Listen, Kelly, Taylor's because you want him.
Speaker 3: Take yourself out of it. I'm sorry, I can't it will not.
Speaker 1: Wait he ended up taking Kelly?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, who is he taking?
Speaker 3: Don't tell me if you know?
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't remember. I'm not going to I actually don't remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's please go.
Speaker 2: But the next thing is weird. It's like, no, I think we were like kind of finished up the show, like it's just sort of a mess, Like this episode is just kind of like messy. And once again we just have so many disjointed storylines. Oh wait, we haven't talked about you though, Tori Donna.
Speaker 3: That's what I was saying, Oh, so.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a good storyline.
Speaker 3: Donna's dad has a stroke oo awful, and it was so like David watched. David was there and then you turn man, you turned on him in the hospital. You were like, it's your fault that he's here.
Speaker 1: At a moment, I know. And I was so excited when this storyline started because I was like, oh, look at them, They're not just back like after the last day with Donna's grandmother and David. I was like really like, oh my god, this is the Donna David energy. Yes, that is so like makes my heart as a fan. Even though she was wearing high heels and at school, does anyone do that they wear high heels?
Speaker 3: I don't think anymore. I don't think anymore.
Speaker 1: No, they did.
Speaker 3: I used to wear high heels to go to grade school. So yeah, what I used to wear high heels in sixth grade because I thought I was the.
Speaker 1: Shot define high heels, like just like a little.
Speaker 3: Like I thought I was Madonna, Like like it was a close toe pump a pump.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: That would have been probably two or three inches for sure. Three I'm gonna go three because I never did anything like half ass. So I started dressing for Donna when I was in sixth grade. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Very hard to like navigate a campus and get to class and live me. That's me. That's why I have varicos or spider babies now because Donna just always running in heels.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 1: The scene with David and doctor Martin.
Speaker 2: Good acting because at first when he listened to his tie, I was like, oh no, this is it, this is it, and it came back to me and then I was like, oh no, maybe he's just relaxed. Nope, good acting by that guy. That guy is really good. Good acting in the hospital. I mean, that's hard.
Speaker 1: Michael Darrell, this was hard for me to watch because sorry, I'm not going to make it all sad sad. Please do tell what your folk. My real life dad died from a stroke.
Speaker 3: So it's but later after the show.
Speaker 1: Wait, yes, yes, in two thousand and six. But this show has a way of like, it's not like they predicted the future. It's not like foreshadowing. No one could have knowd But it's heartbreaking to think when the character Brenda had a lump in her breast and Shannon went on to have cancer. And I don't know if there's hopefully there's no other things, but I'm just saying my TV dad had a stroke and then my real dad died years later from me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that was hard to watch. Yeah, definitely, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, it was just fine.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was triggering, I must say, yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: And the performances were so good. You were really good, Brian was really good. This storyline was so well done, so well written, so well acted that it's like, that's why I'm like, Okay, that's actually so good. Even that you get mad at David, that is real, then you say sorry and he's there and the whole thing, and then we kind of have this clowney stuff at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, for sure, like why Donna would have called Kelly or told her Claire that was weird. Yeah, yeah, nobody was there to support you, but maybe you just weren't, you know, you didn't think.
Speaker 2: Well, And there's one mention of that by you, Jenny. You say, when you get to the beach house, I can't reach David and Donna something like that to sort of acknowledge it. But yeah, I agree that you' all have cell phones. David would have called everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Durrell one of the best humans I've ever worked with. Not only is he just as kind in real life, but he was so nurturing on set. So it wasn't hard to play watching him go through that because I really felt that for him. He really was like a father figure to me, so kind and so nurturing to me, and he was always there for me. It's a good human.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you guys rate it?
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen with this beach house? Going to keep going?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it the new Hollywood Hills House?
Speaker 2: No? I think we're just done with that house. I mean, I'm gonna give Tory storyline a ten. Your storyline, Jenny is really bad. You're fine, but it's just it's like a four. Yeah, So I mean they I'm gonna land on like a seven.
Speaker 3: I guess I hate that. I hate that averaging things out because they know it's really not fair.
Speaker 1: At this point, it's sadly they've gone it's different shows, it's not just one shows.
Speaker 3: But it's always been that way, Like it's always been like there's some great storyline and then there's some doopy, duppy like.
Speaker 1: But it was better connected before. It's just so disjointed that it's justointed. It's very hard to watch sometimes.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna give it a ten anyway, because somebody got a ten in it. Someone going to go with that one. What's that called the learning curve? The grading and the curve? The curve, you're not really creating on a curve, no, just going to the top.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I'm gonna look. Do I enjoy it? Yes, it's a good episode too. I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I'm not like, oh, this is painful to watch. It's just at times I'm like, this is so silly, and then whoa, this is so good. And then, like I said, the Valerie Rob relationship is really kind of interesting until the money trope, and I'm like, again.
Speaker 1: They just could have done so much more with him. They have this hot guy, like, think of some really cool storyline with the two of them. They want to keep watching them. Okay, I guess I'm gonna get it. I don't know eight point five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fare again, I'm gonna put my foot down. You you should give it a ten because you love that storyline.
Speaker 2: I guess you could do if if part of it is a ten, it's a ten.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's my that's my new ruling of part of it is a ten, go with a ten.
Speaker 1: So people are gonna look back in podcast history and see the storm morning. The three of us gave it a ten, fine ten, ten.
Speaker 3: I love it, perfect score. Okay, what do we have next week? We have get ready for Spring Breakdown? Oh boy, that sounds intense. Oh boy, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Breakdown Spring. It's happening, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Breakup?
Speaker 1: Breakdown, Spring, Spring Breaks, the Hong Kong Trip.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Break twenty four. Everybody watch it.
Speaker 1: Get excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited. I might watch it.
Speaker 1: Hope there's no sharks in those Spring Breakdown waters.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it for today. Guys, have a great day.