Speaker 1: Hey, rain drops. Yes, so I finally got merch.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can buy your Allegedly and my.
Speaker 1: Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Rain drops.
Speaker 1: I mean this woman, and it's not only my sister, she's my friend.
Speaker 2: And I don't use the F word loosely. No, you don't you know? I love listen. I love the girls. Yes, I love all the girls.
Speaker 1: I don't keep in touch with all of them though, No, Shay, there's a few. Yes, and you, I mean you know how much I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you the same so do the other girls. But to know that.
Speaker 1: First of all, my Late Night showed the nightcap Kenya was confirmed there was a COVID situation going on.
Speaker 2: I had to reschedule.
Speaker 1: She said, I want to do it, my bitch, I have an international fly. I got and I said, it ain't your fault. But again, God has the perfect timing for everything. I want to thank you for coming on my podcast doing your.
Speaker 2: Face to face. You are by far too I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I was like, you, we need the in person thing, not the computer barrier. It's just weird for me, like our chemistry is in person.
Speaker 2: No, it really is. It really is. So everyone welcome. Thank you the living legend this USA. I mean she puts the.
Speaker 1: Lebrity in Bravo Leberty Chocolate queen. I mean this woman, her and portsche saved the franchise from sinking.
Speaker 2: I said it before and I'll say it again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Kenya the icon Morey.
Speaker 2: First of all, let's get started. Thank you to my three fans that are means everything to me.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you before housewives, because what I want to remind people is you were that girl before there were ever a reality show, a Bravo network, a housewife, a peace to hold.
Speaker 2: Any of those things.
Speaker 1: You are a dark skinned black girl from Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Come on Detroit, Okay, what up dough? What up dough?
Speaker 1: Our hometown, and you have a mask, this empire for yourself.
Speaker 2: So I want to go back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Take me back to the time when you knew inherently right that I meant to be something special.
Speaker 2: When did you know that? Oh gosh, that's so weird.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I ever knew it. I just knew that my life was different. I felt like my life that I was living was different from a lot of other kids around me. And I felt like the all of the adversity that came my way dealing with my mom, who could have easily destroyed me, like literally, she told me she would destroy me to my face. My mother said that to me, She said, I will dog you for the rest of your.
Speaker 2: Life to my face. How old were you?
Speaker 3: I was about I had to be. That was when I was hiding in my my mother's closet. I had pre recorded something because she wouldn't talk to me, and I was trying to get her to speak to me, and my cousin and I pre recorded on the little tape cassettes and I hid in her closet of my grandmother's home, her mom, hoping that when she came home, I could just press play she would listen. And I poured my heart out, like just saying, you don't have to speak to me. You don't have to you know, we don't have to be friends. You know, you don't have to call me your daughter, But can can you least speak to me acknowledge me? You know, let's try to have a friendship. And when she came home, my cousin buried me in the closet, you know, like put all the clothes things.
Speaker 2: So I was hidden in her closet.
Speaker 3: And when she came home, I remember my heart was just beating out of my chest. And I think it was around twelve eleven twelve, I think, and.
Speaker 2: She came in. She was she figured out what was going on.
Speaker 3: She you know, she was like, who is there? You know, She's opened the closet door. She pulled all the clothes and things off of me, grabbed me out of there, took the recording, and she was livid.
Speaker 2: She was living.
Speaker 3: My grandmother was home, it was her mom, and they she told me, you know, I don't have a daughter. She pretended like, you know, I didn't exist, but she was livid. She had a conversation with my grandmother, her mom, and she told her mother to her face, I've never had a child. She was like, I've never had a child. And my grandmother, for the first time ever in my life, I saw her take up for me, like why can't you just speak to her? Why do you have to treat her that way? And my mother was like, I've never had a child. I don't know what you're talking about. They were arguing and I just remember crying. My cousin was crying, and after she was done speaking to my mom, her mother, she came to me and she said, I will dog you for the rest of your life. She was like, I will never be your friend. I will dog you for that.
Speaker 2: I will never forget those words. And that was.
Speaker 3: You know, After that, I think just to just left me feeling like that's the end of it.
Speaker 2: You know, that was the end of it.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what happened to me, but over time, I think I just developed like this thick skin that said I'm going to show her wrong, like you're not going to destroy me, and she tried everything that she could try. I remember the first pageant later that I ever want.
Speaker 2: It was called Little Let Me. I'm gonna get this wrong.
Speaker 3: Miss black Star was my first one, little Miss black Star, and then the second one.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the name right now because I'm getting old. I can't remember the mine other.
Speaker 3: It is not as good, definitely failing me at time, but I remember it was so crazy because I remember I won my second pageant, so I was I was sixteen, and that pageant you didn't have to reveal your age, so the first one you did, I was fourteen thirteen or fourteen thirteen. So the second one I entered, I won, and I was dating someone in high school that was very wrong. But he was a predator eleven years my senior.
Speaker 2: So I was sixteen. He wasn't a student as twenty seven. He was twenty seven years old. He was a faculty member.
Speaker 3: He was a predator who followed me home from school, which a lot of the boys because I looked so much older.
Speaker 2: You know, I was tall, I.
Speaker 3: Was you know, athletic, curry all that. So no he met me outside of school. And so anyway, my mother was calling the pageant director and was telling her I was an alcoholic, I was dating this older man, I was all of these horrible things, and that I should not be her beauty queen. I was a horrible representation, and she tried to get my crown taken away. And I remember having this meeting with both of my grandmothers being there with her name was Rosa Robinson and my grandmother. Both of my grandmothers had to come and it was like a trial, and I was on trial to I need to keep my first crown that I ever ever won, and it was all because of my grandmother. I have all the proof, the letters, I have everything in my safety to positive box.
Speaker 2: But that was all a.
Speaker 3: Part of my memoir. So hopefully one day we'll.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, we need to see it. But I want to go back a little bit in terms of what changed. So, your mother had you when she was a teenager. Correct, she was six, She.
Speaker 3: Was around sixteen, fifteen sixty.
Speaker 2: She was on fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 1: We know tons of my dad too, right, your parents were teenagers who I considered the Beyonce of the church. Sarah Dix Roberts had a baby at fourteen, So I want to be everyone's different, But I know having a baby.
Speaker 3: Black community seventies, it was not their first, not minor, well minor, but teenage pregnancy in the family.
Speaker 2: It was their second. It was their second.
Speaker 1: Yes, did the pregnancy her to become reclusive because of the time that had happened, That's.
Speaker 3: A good question. She was always a recluse to me. She would always be in her room. The mother that I knew that I would observe and what I have been told, she was never someone who was out and partying. She was always in her room. But I know her post me. You know her post baby. So I can't answer that. I only can answer what I personally is. And you know some of what people have said, but I don't. I think it's deeper than that. And I really wish in my lifetime that her story would be told because we don't know the full story.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a form of Do you think she's suffering through some form of mental illness?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: That's why I study psychology because I wanted to find out what was wrong with my mother. It was my only passion in life at the time. I wanted to know what would make a person look their own child in the face and say you.
Speaker 2: Are not mine.
Speaker 3: I never had you, and was confident like in her eyes she meant that.
Speaker 1: And by her trying to block your crown, get it taken away.
Speaker 3: She Oh, that was just one a minute. That was the one thing that I cited. But there was a history of her literally trying to destroy me.
Speaker 2: That was her.
Speaker 1: Mission when you came to her house season seven or eight, I believe one of those. Did she ever say anything to a founding member about you doing that?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, my aunt Laurie, Yeah, my aunt Laurie got all the smoke. Yeah, she basically and as you saw, my Aunt Laurie agreed with her, like just leave her alone.
Speaker 2: That's her house.
Speaker 3: You know, she doesn't want to have a relationship with you. You know, she doesn't have to. And the viewers one hundred percent loved LORII. After that scene, they were like they hated her, not hated.
Speaker 2: But no, they were disappointed.
Speaker 3: They were disappointed because it's like, how are you going to tell this child that she cannot seek a relationship or answers from her own mother? And it was it was It was a crucial time in my family's life and I've always felt that nobody was ever on my side. No one ever fought.
Speaker 2: From me to chut oh you know, Oprah like, no, we do no. The thing is this as you do that.
Speaker 1: I want to say this for the record, and I'm going to say this on the record. This is the Kenya who I know. This is the King who I talk to. You and I have tons of fun shape conversations. The majority of our conversations. I know you're vulnerable. And the reason why I'm so I'm going to say it, the reason why I get so disappointed in what happens to you on the show is because I'm like, she's not a one trick pony. She knows how to give y'all share. She could do it to her sleep. She knows how to be whimsical and twirl. But the Kingyam Moore that I know is a woman who is vulnerable. My mom died of cancer. Kenya Moore surprised me, flew to Detroit and attended my mother's funeral. She did not have to have to do that. That's the Kenya Moore. I want the world to know and I want the world to see this because my job on this earth is to create safe spaces and to provide clarity for people like you, who I feel like are some misunderstood and I want to let the world know that when it comes to you, imagine being a girl. You're a girl, and every girl's best friend is their mom. And to grow up knowing that you're trying to navigate through life as a girl and the one man who gave birth to you, it is ostracizing you. And I always said to the world, and that's why I appreciated you and your father being so honest about this story as we were filming bra Housewives, is because I'm like, I want to give context to Kenya the woman, and my job is to showcase the complexities of you.
Speaker 2: Women and men on the show too.
Speaker 1: But people on reality because they only watch forty two minutes a week, six months out of the year, and they feel like they know you. And I'm going to go on record saying this, I think you are by far the number one most misunderstood reality star because people think you are mean, a bitch, vicious of villain evil, you know, and none of those words is what I use to describe you, and those were I don't use.
Speaker 2: When I talk to God.
Speaker 1: About you, and I'm happy that you're comfortable sharing that, but no, we're gonna, we're gonna, you know, get through that.
Speaker 2: But I had to let the world know that. Imagine being that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like this that obviously shaped you to be the strong woman you are today?
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent. I just think that, you know, I had my grandmother. I had my grandmother who raised me from three days old, who wanted me, you know, and as I feel like my grandmother was a saint and everything that I am, that is who I am from my core, is because of my grandmother. She was just the most beautiful person, and she gave me all of those things that a mother is supposed to give a child, confidence, self esteem, you know, love, She cherished me.
Speaker 2: She lit up when I walked into the room.
Speaker 3: And she told me I can do anything, I can be anything. How smart it was, I mean, that was just like she would always praise me for being smart. It wasn't because I was beautiful that she thought in her eyes. Yeah, it was because you know, when I would come home, I was a gifted student. I was you know, we know what, I'm smart. Okay, I'm not the smartest person in the world. But I'm far from the dumbest.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're smartest.
Speaker 1: That's the bason why some of the girls hate you, because it's like, not only is this bitch beautiful, she had to be smart and not to cut you off. My favorite moment when me and the producer realize.
Speaker 2: King is too smart for her own good. It was season seven.
Speaker 1: Doctor Jeff had a consting session with all the housewives.
Speaker 2: I remember that session. You used the word I've never heard at that time.
Speaker 1: You said, Portia, you are a revisionist historian.
Speaker 2: The producer said, what the fuck does that mean? And we looked at her and said, this pitch is so smart that the.
Speaker 1: Housewives the producers read the said resiness historian.
Speaker 2: You're you're you're super smart history. It's not how it happened. We're revising history. It's okay, it's okay smart.
Speaker 3: That's a damn you are.
Speaker 2: You would not be thriving, honey, Come on now. Yes, I love humility though, that's it's cute.
Speaker 3: It's cute jinks again. No, I think because of everything that happened, you know, I think people make a choice. If they can't, it's fight or flight, and I think that I just had from Doris Grant. She instilled in me to fight, and that is why I'm a fighter by nature.
Speaker 2: I'm a lover. I want everyone to get along. I love to laugh. I'm a happy person.
Speaker 3: But bitch, when you come for me, now you're challenging me, and now I have to fight, and I will give you everything that I have. And sometimes that is perceived as evil or because my rebuttals are always so lethal that they forget about what the other person did to me. But when you forgot this person literally just try to spit on me, or this person just trying to kill me, or this person just said the most horrible things to me, all you can see is the strategic or the way that I respond. And it's not fair because they just forget about what people have done to me, and it's not nice.
Speaker 1: Do you think a lot of that has to do with colorism? You are a chocolate yeah, black woman.
Speaker 3: I know that's come up a lot as of late, and I definitely see that there is a choice being made.
Speaker 2: And how to respond to people that look like me. You Candace Dela Bassett, Yes, chocolate, chocolate, Yeah, yeah, undeniably chocolate. Candace A.
Speaker 1: Wordsmith smart, a pageant girl, yes, read the Girls for films. Yes, and all of a sudden they want her out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You you also, they can't take us. They can't take us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunate, but I have seen a lot of that on these shows I have. It's it's not a lie, it's not made of it's not a perception.
Speaker 2: It is a reality.
Speaker 1: Speaking of reality, you went from Miss Usa. Yeah, the second black woman in the history. You are in the history books. You have acted everything from Waiting to Excel to Martin the Jamie Fox Show. You created movies with Will Packard, Twah Honey.
Speaker 2: More Vision Media produced it. Yes, you are. By the time You're More. I was your More at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we get to your reality trajectory, when you were a self made producer, what was your vision for your life? Did you think, like, okay, before those are Shonda Rhimes, Isa Ray, Ava Dumanet, Kenya Moore picked up a camera a call sheet.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Lena, I learned the business from the other side of the camera because I'm a creative, like you know what I mean. Yes, I'm in front of the camera, but my love is creating I was in cast tech.
Speaker 2: I was a performing arts major.
Speaker 3: I loved anything having to do with radio or performing, any dance, cheerleading. I was a part of all of that and it was a love of mine. So I'm kind of split down the middle. I love psychology, I love to think, I love being analytical, but I also loved creating and for me, creating content, movies, videos, whatever I wanted to do. It was a creative outlet for me. So it's still a passion. It's a creative passion. So I wanted to I was frustrated in things that were going on, and I said, you know what, I can do this, I can create my own content. Let me learn from the best. So I started. I think my first credit producing was on TOA and that was alongside Will Packer. You know where his career is now, and please ask Will Packer why he's not hired me again?
Speaker 1: Oh Will Packer, you know I love you know I love you and Heather Packer, thank.
Speaker 2: You for being up behind every man.
Speaker 1: So we follow each other on Instagram and we.
Speaker 2: Have a love for each other.
Speaker 1: Brother, I need to know why you ain't hiring Kenya Icon Summer Legend more may have.
Speaker 3: Been responsible for putting him on the map. Did I say that out loud? Did I say that out loud?
Speaker 2: Did I say that allegedly?
Speaker 1: Yes? Pick up your allegedly T shirts or Carlins kingshop dot com.
Speaker 2: So we'll Packer, we need you to.
Speaker 1: Let's have a meeting because this is you. Guys don't know this. Me and Kenya talk, if not once a week, every other week, even when she's filming.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that I've always.
Speaker 1: Asked Kenya, I'm like, because she's my girl, I'm like, Yo, can we produce a reboot a twah? What are we doing? I said, I can call Bill Packer. I want a reboot of that movie? So, Kenya, why can't we do it? Can we do it?
Speaker 2: Well, we can do it. Do we want to use twa in the title?
Speaker 3: I mean, they owe that, But if we did it on our own and did a iteration of it.
Speaker 2: And I think we will be safe. Can I tell you my dream? No? No, my dream for you? I never said this to you. Oh okay, tell me.
Speaker 1: I want you and I yes to create a show, yes, a drama like Melrose Place, Oh yes.
Speaker 2: And I want you.
Speaker 1: To play the character like Heather Amanda, I want you to be like a man.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would love to do that.
Speaker 1: You are you would kill a dramatic role as a sexy, hot villain.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it, a black Melrose place. Let's do it. I can write it, yes, and I can.
Speaker 1: Produce it, and we can both be the creators and I can finance this.
Speaker 2: We'll talk later, you know. Tonight I'm gonna start writing it. I am doing okay, yes, and we're going to copyright it.
Speaker 1: So and I are going to co create a scripted drama and the likes of a Merrose play, write the pilot and you're You're okay, But you have to start as like the sexy villain, like the heathern lock Layer.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I've always called you the black head.
Speaker 3: Lock And in that meeting at where were we mastros, yes, you said that.
Speaker 2: I remember. That's how good my memory is now. I don't mit. That's the thing. I don't lit im mad.
Speaker 3: You can't be the heather Locklier of reality TV.
Speaker 2: You could be a one hit wonder and go away like you can't.
Speaker 1: Do yeah, no, no, remember, but you are the heather lock Layer of reality TV. Meaning heather lock Layer would come on a show that needed some life and resurrect it and say that. And you did that to the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, thank you you.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I've said this to you privately I shared that publicly recently is because when I worked on season four of the show, I felt like something's missing, something's off. I didn't understand what it was. I was still a young producer. I felt something was off. I left the show after season four. You came on season five. I did not do season five. However, I was contacted weekly by the producers and people in Atlanta. This is a true story, and she knows this. And they all said, you don't know what you're missing. And I said, what do you mean this? Kenya Moore is twirling her ass all over the screen and she is causing a ruckus over. I'm like, wait, what are you talking about? They said, Carlos, We've never seen anything like it. It's like a tsunami, Like she's going crazy. I want to talk to you about this before we get to your introduction to that show. Yes, here you are in Hollywood producing acting. I know the story could be talked privately, but I love this story.
Speaker 2: So much, and you never shared the publicly your.
Speaker 1: Decision into going into reality And if I may, the one thing you said to me and I never share this to you, it made me. It made me leave Housewives, meaning it was part of my reasons of.
Speaker 2: I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: You said, Carlos, it was like groundhog Day. I was doing the same thing over and over and over, pilot season. I'm in la I'm trying to finance this, produce that. And you said I just needed something different. I needed something different, And you drove to Atlanta and decided to embark on reality television. Talk to the world about where you were at that time of your life.
Speaker 3: You know, I just felt like it was stagnant. My life was stagnant. I was in my thirties, had multiple back to back long term relationships. Of course mini proposals, so now I had relationships like three years, four years, almost got married. In one of those relationships celebrity men. He was I would say he was a celebrity one. The other one was an agent, non celebrity. And I just became like a person who stayed at home so much. I would work, work, work, kept my head down, booked, a job here and there, kept the light built, you know, paid and on my own home at twenty six years old, had my own home in California. I just I just felt like I was like you said Groundhog's Day, I'm doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: My life is not changing.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's okay, it's a decent life, but it's not changing.
Speaker 2: And I wanted something different.
Speaker 3: And there's a Bible saying leap and there will be a net, yes, And that is how I felt. I felt like I have family there. My aunt was there, my cousin who I was very close to, and my other cousin was there, and I had one of my best friends was there from right and I said, you know what I'm going to I'm going to take this leap and wherever I fall is where I fall. And as soon as the work got out that I was moving to Atlanta, I was very good. Judy at my Lawrence Laurence told the producers.
Speaker 2: And then one of them was Joy.
Speaker 3: And then the rest is history from there. And I remember having a conversation with Joy and she was like, this girl is either crazy or I was just talking to her like yeah, because I'm you know, I was just like very myself, like I didn't know what I was doing. I did not know about reality TV. I had only seen a few episodes of the show.
Speaker 2: It was early on.
Speaker 3: It was like and I remember when Lawrence told me that they were even developing the show. I was like, Oh, that's not gonna work. I remember telling him that because I don't know why. I just felt like he told me who the cast. He was like, oh, they think about doing in the show, and da da da, And I was like, oh, that's not gonna work. And I just I remember telling him that before the show ever aired.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. Yes, yes, So fast forward to the show was airing. It did.
Speaker 3: It was funny, you know. I saw a few episodes. I remember not liking a.
Speaker 2: Few of the characters.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I did not like men. I did not like Meani. I don't know why. I did not like her.
Speaker 2: She was loud, she was brash.
Speaker 3: I was just like, yeah, you know, but yeah, and I changed, you know, after I got on the show and we we you know, my first season on the show, I had Thanksgiving at her house.
Speaker 2: Like I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it changed, Yeah, because you got to you have to get to know people versus what.
Speaker 2: You see on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's that's the whole reason why I appreciated the top of our conversation because it's allowing people to see the real you because they only see a chop down version of.
Speaker 3: It and what the editors choose.
Speaker 2: To show.
Speaker 1: Allegedly as we're seeing this season allegedly hey flashbacks. So anyways, Okay, when you were starting out not auditioning, so I want to explain to people how it works. It worked back then then because anybody could get No Housewives is no longer. At one point in time, the Real Housewives of Atlanta was a so Whole House membership.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was it. You better say that again.
Speaker 3: Some people don't know who SOHO housees, so maybe explain.
Speaker 1: Okay, so SOHO House is a all.
Speaker 2: It is an exclusive club.
Speaker 1: It's a top tier restaurant, lounge, celebrity grim and there's one of us Hollywood, Miami.
Speaker 2: Now before it was just LA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just LA, but now they have LA New York, Miami, London, London and all of the world now. But you got to pay like five thousand dollars a year to be a part of the membership.
Speaker 2: And be referred. You all pay your money and get in. You have to be referred.
Speaker 1: You have to be referred by two referrals. Yes that are already they're already members, so they don't let anybody in.
Speaker 2: No, they do not. You got to be and you have to submit a hit shot. Yes you do. I remember, I am a member. Catch me if you can.
Speaker 1: At one point in time, The Real Housewives of Atlanta was like a house membership. Now it's like a playground to where it's free to the public and you don't have to do anything to get in but arrive.
Speaker 2: With your huler and.
Speaker 1: Your rehearse reads and being prepped and having a battery in your back with double A batteries and a charging station. That was meant for Tesla, but it's really for these new girls to wind them up like a rag doll. And I'm sorry, I forgot my a lot of questionings. I went from another stratosphere. AnyWho, I'm back there at the time when it was a privileged to be on the show, when it was the show to be on the show, to be on the men and girls audition, men and girls were told bye bye.
Speaker 3: Yes who.
Speaker 2: I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these quick ads. Vpn was named one at Times twenty twenty two Best Inventions. If you're somebody like me who liked to watch sporting events, TV shows and films which aren't a develop on your region, you can switch your virtual location to a country which is showing the event. The other thing is they can protect your data while you travel and while you're using public Wi Fi. Nord vpn protects you wherever you are in the world. And you know what's better, child, nord vpn is the price of a cup of coffee a month. Now, look, child, that works really well for us. Okay, not to mention. You can have one nord vpn account that can be used on up to six devices. To grab our huge discount off your Nord VPN plan, go to NordVPN dot com slash r wtk. You can receive an extra four months for free, and there's no risk with Nord's thirty days a money back guaranteed. The link is in the episode description box. Nor VPN's new offer discount starts on August eighth until September twelfth. This special offer gives the users sixty eight percent off plus three months extra for free for the two year plan. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. You filmed for over a month, oh over a month, yeah, without being an official housewife.
Speaker 3: Right and without pay. They didn't pay you, they didn't pay me. That was the reason, you know. Eventually I was like, I'm out of here. If you don't know it by now, you're never gonna know it. And so I'm gone. So thank you, thank you very much. I know how to walk away. That's the one thing about me. I don't do things just for money.
Speaker 2: You know that. The history of me being on this show.
Speaker 3: Tells you that if I'm not happy, if I don't like the way things are going, I'll just say it's not working it out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for your time. Yeah. So yes.
Speaker 3: Back then, anyone who was auditioning or wanting to be a part of the cast went through this rigorous filming. They would film you alone, they would film you with your man, they would film you with your children, they would film you out and about and maybe, if you kept making the cut, you would film with a housewife, or if you if you didn't know a housewife already, I knew Lawrence, so I would film with Lawrence.
Speaker 2: That was my you know, Andrea or what not.
Speaker 1: Andrea, he was your he was your introduction into the He was my introduction.
Speaker 3: Yes, so Lawrence was my introduction to the cast. And so from there, you know, in a scene, he might say, you know, if it's going well, oh, you know Phaedris having a get together tomorrow, do you want to come? Oh? Well, I don't know who Phaedre is, you know, in real life. So I'm like, well, sure, I don't know what to expect. I don't know these people, you know. So that's how it worked. And the great thing about that casting process is that you had to earn your right to be a housewife of Atlanta. You had to earn it. It wasn't like, oh this girl looks good. Oh she looks good on paper, let's make her housewife. Girls are getting their contracts before they even meet us, and so then it blows up when they do meet us and they can't keep up and they're not a good fit. We've seen it season after season. It doesn't work. You need to be tried and tested, that is it. You need to have all these girls our can't do you remember the Nini had an event, the success even whatever, and all the potential housewives are there. I mean, you had Jerry Stackhouse's wife, you had all these you know, prominent beautiful women of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I mean they were not only beautiful, but they were were.
Speaker 3: Rich and you know, they were successful, they had husbands. They were the quintessential what you would think is a housewife of.
Speaker 2: Atlanta and the christ.
Speaker 1: And for my audience, this is season five, it's become a meme. Is when Niinie walks out like this, it's a meme.
Speaker 2: Now, it's a mean now and keing here.
Speaker 1: Moore takes a microphone and said, okay, now that we're doumble the clown show.
Speaker 2: So so for my audience is that scene that.
Speaker 3: Was a reference because I was like, I was amongst a bunch of clowns like they.
Speaker 2: Were, and I'm not I'm not calling.
Speaker 3: The girls at now. For me, it was like, why am I here? I'm freaking miss Usa? Why am I being auditioned? I don't audition Honey's offer only, I don't.
Speaker 2: Am I being an audition Really? I was so infected.
Speaker 1: I at that scene, you still did not have the I did not have a contract.
Speaker 3: I did not have a contract. And I remember that's also the time where Cynthia and I got into it because I was like, Cynthia, I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the show.
Speaker 3: So when I saw the way Cynthia was just so protective of her friendship with Ninny, I was like, this is weird, you know, this is this is very weird, you know, And so I didn't have a point of reference like that. I think the problem is the girls that are being cast now they're fans, and that's a big problem because I wasn't a fan. I was a fan of Lawrence, Miss Lawrence. I was a fan of Atlanta. But I didn't know these girls. I didn't watch them religiously. I didn't get in front of my TV and was like, yeah, you girl, you bet a twirl.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't do that.
Speaker 3: So my interaction with them was was genuine and it was authentic, and whatever I saw I called out because that's just my personality. I was like, okay, I wasn't gonna sit there like a wallflower. I was like, well, I don't understand you. Why is this girl that just so beautiful, like holding on you know, like dear life to Nini and I just didn't understand it, and so we talked.
Speaker 2: About it on camera, you know, you being filmed.
Speaker 3: So that's what ended up having Like that's how those relationships were born, you know.
Speaker 1: And what was born was a star in terms of this woman is meant to be in reality television. And then another star was born by the names of Portia Stewart at the time Stuart and what I.
Speaker 2: Heard and I want to I never asked you this. I was told.
Speaker 1: When you guys were filming season five. The current Peach holders Candy Nani sound strike Hey, main drops, Yes, come through. We got merched. Finally, Fellos King is giving y'all merch. We got rain drops allegedly come on, allegedly muggs, allegedly t shirts.
Speaker 2: We have it all.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go on Carlos Kingshop dot com. That's right, Carlos king Shop dot com. Pick it up, tell a friend, phone a friend, and let's celebrate this all together.
Speaker 2: Now get into this.
Speaker 1: Video and make sure you like and subscribe to this channel and hit what yes, the notification button so.
Speaker 2: You don't miss an episode. See y'all.
Speaker 3: They went on striking against Kim. They did not like that Kim. Now, remember Portia wasn't cast. I was cast, right, They weren't looking for anybody else. They the casting was closed. What, Yes, I didn't know this. Yes, the casting was closed when Kim. When they because I remember sitting at the lunch and I believe this lunch was televised.
Speaker 2: It was yeah and the camera. Yes, No, she wasn't there.
Speaker 3: They cast Porsche after Kim walked off, because then it was like they didn't know what was going to be happening with Kim, and so Portia was the replacement housewife.
Speaker 2: Not no shade to Porsche. No, no, I'm just saying, how was that?
Speaker 3: But yet no, yes, because they remember the number of housewives they had.
Speaker 2: I think at the time it was six. Six.
Speaker 3: They didn't need seven. They never have been seven of Atlanta, not not from my memory, it's never been seven. Even to this day, I don't think they've ever had seven. So when she walked off, that opened up the casting again and said, okay, we have this other girl, let's look some more. And then Porsche came and I don't know who else, but yeah, that's that's how that happened.
Speaker 2: So the Housewives went on strike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they banned they which was a great thing because they came together, which I admired. They did not like the way that Kim was receiving preferental treatment, and they band together and it was like, we're not gonna work this week. So they were like, Okay, well what are we gonna do. Production is down for a week. Let's get this other girl audition her because now we don't know what's happening. Kim's walked off. Let's look at what else we can film. And so that's when they called me to come in to go to Porsche's event. And Porsche was very interesting and actually we had before the event, we had a lunch. We had a lunch together. I remember that we had a lunch and she was really sweet, and you know me, I'm always sizing people up, so I'm like listening to her little things she would say, and I was like, okay, okay, okay. We had it was a fine lunch, Like it was nothing wrong with the lunch. Then when I get to the event and it was just little things that I was seeing, Like it was an event for charity for her grandfather. So she received a Chanel bag, you know, in front of all these people, and I was like why, Like it was just my natural thought, like is it like is this the right time to like give your wife a chanelle back? Like it was just very odd to me. So it was just little things I would see. But if people think it was they have a different take. Again, they always look at my response, but they don't look at what was done to me.
Speaker 2: So the thing with.
Speaker 3: Portia is Okay, yeah, sure, she screwed up my title. Plenty of people do it. I think there's this you know, a lot of people think they're one of the same. They're both prestigious titles, Miss America, miss USA, They're the same. It was her reaction, like it was like ah haha, you know, like whatever, girl, you know whatever, Like, no, it's not whatever, it's miss USA. Like I'm telling you that you got it wrong. Don't go oh whatever, ha ha ha ha. No, say I'm so sorry for that, you know, it don't embarrass me. So it was that I remember going out getting some air. So this is when I think they kind of took her aside. Like she came out, she was polite at first, she came back, and then that's when the insults started to fly, like she was like, you know you're leaving when you could just go you can just go.
Speaker 2: To the curb. I remember this almost like you can go to the.
Speaker 3: Curb where you belong or something. And I was like, well, now it's termed. See I didn't insult you. I walked away. I did not say anything to you. I did not insult you. My one of my triggers is when people insult me, and especially when it's uncalled for. I don't think people know that about me. I don't like to be insulted because I'm gonna play nice with you, but I'm not going to hit you first. When you hit me is when I have to return with something much strong.
Speaker 2: So and I didn't think people know that. They know that now, Yes, she hit me.
Speaker 3: With these insults like wait, wait, wait, I'm on a curb, like wait, why do you.
Speaker 2: Have to insult me? Girl?
Speaker 3: You just insulted me there. I didn't say anything to you. Now we are out on the curb and now you're you know, you're you're just like all of a sudden, you're a different person and you're like doing the most. So that's how that started. People didn't see it that way. They looked at this young cute girl.
Speaker 2: Oh so a loof.
Speaker 3: It's okay, she's not that now, but she was then. And I was like, you gotta be kidding me, because one thing I admire most about people is intelligence. I think people know that. You know, I like a smart pretty girl. You know I live for you know I live for a smart pretty girl.
Speaker 2: You know I keep you a smart pretty girl. So you know. So I'm like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not jealous. I'm not because I keep a dollar worth of dines around.
Speaker 2: You know that. You know that.
Speaker 3: So please don't come over here talking about some beauty because I have seen beauty in my life. You know, Tracy ed mss Tyra was my best friend. It's one of my best friends even to this day. So please don't act like I'm jealous of this.
Speaker 2: You know I'm not. Let's just be clear.
Speaker 3: I can appreciate beauty at its finest. So yeah, so that South, that South all that started we were born because they went on strike.
Speaker 1: That is so amazing to me because it also showed that me as a vor watching season five, so I produced the first four seasons I left, I'm watching it at home and I'm fascinated by the two of the dynamics. I'm fascinated by the dynamic.
Speaker 3: And it was the first time like I wasn't a house don't. I wasn't a housewife. I wasn't a housewife. Then it was two non housewives shooting a scene at the time, which is unheard of, unheard of. They didn't have a choice, they had nothing. They were going to waste the whole production week or they were gonna shoot something.
Speaker 2: When were you officially made a housewife?
Speaker 3: I think it whoa. I think it was after it was after the means event. It was after means no, after the success a success event, because I remember I was done, Yeah I was. I remember saying I was done. I was like, if you don't know it now, I'm not going to be working for free.
Speaker 2: I've shown you enough.
Speaker 3: If you don't think that I'm that girl, then someone else will. Thanks, but no hard feelings. And then they begged me just one more scene, just one more scene. And I remember saying, if I shoot this scene and you don't make me a housewife, you cannot use me for anything else. You cannot go you cannot use any of my footage and they agreed to it, and they made me a housewife after.
Speaker 2: You earned it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told him. I was like, if you don't, then you can't use me at all.
Speaker 1: What people don't realize is this when season five aired, obviously you're seeing what other people are saying about you, and there first time, yes, being accused of being an alcoholic.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, someone who's never been drunk a day in their life. God on a hand on a bible. I have never been drunk a day in my life. I've been I have been tipsy, I've been feeling good from alcohol. I have never ever in my life drunk this day. I've never been drunk a day in my life. And you have people accusing me, and you know that's the trigger because guess what who accused me of that? And I had never even tasted alcohol before My mother Sorry I told you earlier. She told those people that I was an alcoholic. I don't even like liquor like that. You know what I mean, anybody who's ever gone out with me, If.
Speaker 2: I get two drinks, that's rare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is rare. In your life, You're not to get a little tipsy. But when you and your tips and is fun and it's.
Speaker 2: We a fun girl when I drink. But I've never been drunk, so that hurts you.
Speaker 1: It hurts wh was calling you an alcoholic? It reminded you of your mother?
Speaker 2: And what else did she say?
Speaker 3: I confided in her about my mom, about my mom, thinking that she had a mental illness because of the way that she treated me. And Phaedra used that when we fell out. She used the two things that were my ultimate triggers, saying that I had some kind of illness because of my mom and saying that I had and I was an alcoholic. And that all leads back to my mother in her treatment of me and the things that she did to try to destroy me. And that is why I have the opinion that I have a phator now, amongst other things.
Speaker 2: Look into that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Second, Yeah, you were not in a good space when season five was airing. No, is it true that you had to speak to a therapist. I did when season five was airing.
Speaker 3: When it was airing, and I saw all of the things that were a stretch that they were making, it seem like I was the one thing that crushed my soul. Is when I was watching the Cynthia Bailey Fashion Show and there that was fine when they tried to when it appeared let me, let me, let me be diplomatic.
Speaker 2: When it appeared that I was.
Speaker 3: Being mean or saying unflattering things about another black young girl that destroyed me. That is not who I am. That is not who I will ever be. I have the weakest like I am. I am a fool for a young black girl in need. I have always. I have so many people that I mentor. I literally take on so many women and cases and just girls who remind me of myself and who remind me of that little black girl from the ghetto, just just dealing with life and dealing with not having a family and not and wanting a relationship with my mother and just trying to just get home at night without being robbed or raped or killed, and just wanting something more for your life. And when I saw that, when I tell you I I didn't answer my phone for a week.
Speaker 1: I can't confirm that because our friend Joy again I didn't work season five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was told she had to had a mental breakdown.
Speaker 1: Joy had to drive to your home yep and sit with you for hours yep, and said I'm just here to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yep. Like that's how severe it was for.
Speaker 1: You, because here you are entering into the space of reality and like, okay.
Speaker 2: I can but tell the story of the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that really made you second guests come back to the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, it was like, if this can happen, you know, the fun, the fun stuff, I can deal with that Ninny pulling up when and saying that, I was literally, I'm in a four star hotel with a two B and her pulling up in the honk and the horse and the stuff like that, like oh.
Speaker 2: Guy, and the ambulance in the background and the police sirens.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, y'all tried it. You're like funny, it's like stupid whatever, stupid. I'm like, I'll take that, l you know what I mean. Meanwhile, I'm across the street from the Fox Theater in bedroom for our star hotel.
Speaker 2: It's it's fine, okay.
Speaker 3: Like even just showing my little office papers, my little makeshift office, like it was like like, like, really.
Speaker 2: It's my office, like you was thinking.
Speaker 3: It was roaches and rats running around the soap for the way they met.
Speaker 2: I love the stuff. You're like now that was good.
Speaker 3: Like that was so long that way, it's hilarious to me. The whole thing was the landlord who tried to put out the house. You cannot buy that kind of TV. It was you cannot plan it, sus you cannot buy it. You cannot make it up. It was reality. That woman was just as crazy as she appeared. The fact that that shady ass nine one one call, and I was there for that.
Speaker 2: And so going back a bit.
Speaker 1: So I'm asked to come back in and executive produced season six.
Speaker 2: Yes, and again I'm watching the show like this.
Speaker 1: Kenya my Detroit says, because again, let me tell you something. My father, my brothers, every black man in America had Kenya Moore as their wallpaper on their computer art, on the Smooth magazine calendar, like a national treasure, honestly. And I said, I can't wait to have fun with Kenya. And then I was told she's not coming back.
Speaker 2: And I said, excuse what, No, ken Ya, what are you guys talking about. We already talked.
Speaker 1: About Porsche being on the chopping blocking, but with you, I have to fly to Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: I had the company credit card, me and my producer Brent to love who you love, who you love? It was you and Brandon, your bestie, took you out to dinner and I'm begging you and you're, of course expressed your grievances. And I remember saying this to you. I'm back and I'm going to hold your hand. But I can't do this season about you because you twirled into our live season five. And would you admit, though humility is good, that you and Porsche resurrected the show?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely.
Speaker 3: The executive producer told me that, but he said it was in a bad place and we revived the show, and you know, it was magic. Portion and I together we made magical TV for sure. For all these years, you know, for all not just season five, for all those years. You know, it was just so interesting to see the relationship go up and down, sideways wherever it was going to go, and it made for very compelling TV.
Speaker 1: When you think about your time on the show and getting to all the altercations, the arguments of fights, who would you give the number one slot to or position to? In terms of this was my biggest challenger, Like when she and I went toe to toe.
Speaker 2: It was good and it was interesting and I'm even entertained by it. I mean, come on, that's easy. That's Nini Niani.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, Nini is that girl who could you just never knew where she was gonna come from half the time, Like is it gonna be friend.
Speaker 2: Nini or enemy Nini?
Speaker 3: I mean we became frenemies, but when we made Magical TV when we were friends, and we made magic on TV when we were enemies, and she could give as good as she got, and I mean she was the ying to my yang. She was feisty, funny, effed up at times, crazy at times, a real friend at times like she was all of those things, but she could read. She was funny, and I enjoy working with her.
Speaker 2: Do you miss her being on the show. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I'm being honest, yeah, she She's a force all her own.
Speaker 2: You can't take that away from her. That's one thing about me.
Speaker 3: I am never going to not give you your flowers, and I'm never going to discount what you contributed to any.
Speaker 2: Space that you're in.
Speaker 3: She was a major for worse multipliers you like to say, of that of real housewives, and you can't you can't ever erase that from her, Do you agree.
Speaker 2: With her when she says she built the house.
Speaker 3: She built the house, but it got four closed on.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, well wails who took the deed?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you have to figure that out, honey. Oh God. But the thing you will, the beauty of it is this.
Speaker 1: I remember season six and again, Season five was tough for you.
Speaker 2: You were on your own battling all of these girls.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember that reunion. It was me against everybody, like Detroit versus everything. Yes, that's why I love that Detroit versus everyone's us. It's us deplait versus everybody. That's how I felt, and I slayed them all one by one. Okay, season five reunion, everybody came for me and their husbands, and I still held my own. So please give me my flowers.
Speaker 1: I'll just go there now. I don't think you get the flowers you deserve. I think you are the most unappreciated housewife. I think when it comes to you, you don't get the treatment you deserve. It makes my stomach turn every time I watch a reunion and you're not in the first seat. Yeah, it makes my stomach turn.
Speaker 2: Yours and mine? Boss?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Well, let's talk about conversation with them before.
Speaker 2: I had this conversation with them.
Speaker 3: Before because I was bringing up I just remember this the seating or whatever. I don't remember it was that year that people couldn't understand the seating. I think it was last year, and it was like, you would never move me NC even and don't tell me it's about story.
Speaker 2: It's not because because at the end it's not. It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not about story. Okay, it's about who are the leads of the show. Okay, that's why Giselle and I love Giselle.
Speaker 2: I love Gazelle. Gazelle is a star of Potomac, but face a Potomac.
Speaker 3: Well, now, Karen, they put her in the middle, but I didn't like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it. And I love Karen. I love Karen too, But Gizelle is that girl.
Speaker 1: Gazelle is the face and the star Potomac. I love Karen, Wendy, I love I love them all. Yes, but Gazelle is that girl.
Speaker 3: And I have I remember calling I will call because it's the same production company. I remember calling an executive and saying, why isn't Gazelle in the middle.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't understand what their what is it their whine? Champagne, Champagne.
Speaker 3: Why isn't she in the middle, Like this is ridiculous, you know, And then when it can when it comes to reunion ceding, it is a lot of people think it's about story.
Speaker 2: It's jobby about story.
Speaker 3: I don't care how at the end, Nini did not have story.
Speaker 2: For three seasons. You ain't see her family man half the time, you ain't seen nothing.
Speaker 3: But Nina would come and show you her shoes. She would come and model her shoes and sit in the corner and be mad at everybody, and they would never move Ninie Seed.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is a fact.
Speaker 3: And I so disrespected, knowing what I have put into this franchise, what I have sacrificed, what I have been on this show, you should never move my seat.
Speaker 2: Never Canny can sit on the end. She don't care. Her paychecks is not gonna change what.
Speaker 1: What what I can confirm is it's not about story.
Speaker 2: It's not about story.
Speaker 1: It's about and listen, it is what it is. The first seat is about who's the star of the season, the star of the show, who's the.
Speaker 2: Face of the show.
Speaker 1: It's the reason why Giselle, Teresa Judaiz, Kyle Richards, Mini Leaks, Kim Zosiac yep Okay, Bethany Frankel.
Speaker 2: Let's have a conversation about it.
Speaker 3: Always had the most story, never never. I feel like I'm a kind of Kyle, like Kyle in some way, like Kyle, I've always had great story. This year not so much, you know, not so much. But at the same time, Ninia's had seasons where she was not, like I said, she was not giving you great story. But that does not mean that she was not still the.
Speaker 2: Star of that show.
Speaker 3: And I really just that I really took umbrage to that and still do because I think it's a mistake.
Speaker 2: I think it's a mistake. Do you think it's a message to you.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, then every season they do that, it is a message to me. I mean the message is maybe, you know, like you said, I don't feel that my time on this show has been as valued as it should have been, as it should be where my spinoffs. When I was at the height height of my time on this show, and I wanted a spin off with my child having a baby, and I.
Speaker 2: Was denied that, and you.
Speaker 3: Know why that should have never happened because the show should come first. The show should always come first, and I cannot say that the show is coming first.
Speaker 1: Now, were you punished because you got married to Mark Daily off camera?
Speaker 2: Of course? Is that a secret? I mean, is that a secret?
Speaker 3: Of course you like that, And listen, I understand both sides. I'm a smart girl. I understand both sides. We have invested all this time in you. Your storyline from the beginning is that you wanted to be married and you wanted to have a baby. But when I tell you on my side, well, I can't have a husband by bringing him on the show, because we all see how that turns out season after season. If I bring a man on the show, it's like the kiss of death. It's not going to work for whatever reason. And now you're seeing that every marriage, marriages are failing, marriages are failing. I'm trying to get married, and if I have all of these distractions, all of these girls, and all of these things being said, and people, you know, constantly putting all this negative attention, people going in.
Speaker 2: I remember I bought one guy.
Speaker 3: On the show once before it was he was just in the trailer before he even appeared on the show, They had mugshots of him, they had all kinds of stories coming out on him.
Speaker 4: And it's like, for what, you're killing me, You're and this is not the thought of Bravo, this is the thought of all.
Speaker 3: Of the people invested in our show. And it's unfair to dig up dirt on someone that you don't even know yet. And what was the point of it. What is the end result of that? What is the end game for you to fuck with my life? Because obviously this man is going to look at me like, well, you're causing me. You're having my clients calling me that didn't even know I had been arrested, and they don't even know what this was about. This was about a man doing X Y and say to me, not what they're portraying it to be. So it's a costly thing for me, and I waited what I needed first, and I needed to have a family before I needed a show. Which is why I can always walk away because I always prioritize what is going to make me the happiest. And at that point in time, I met someone that I thought, this is the one. Now if I make the choice to make it public and bring him on the show. He could go away, but right now it's good. And as soon as I exposed him on the show, what happened divorce papers ensued. Rightfully so, but there is a rhythm to it. But I understood their point of view, which was, we invested in you. This is what your storyline has been for since season your first season, season five, and then you go off and get married and we don't even have it. And to add insult to injury, he didn't want to appear on camera, and now he does because he's allegedly shooting in his own reality show.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to give it to that too, because he did not want to film on the show, and the producer we keep talking about, she had to call him constantly to do it. Yeah, before we get into that though, again, you and I are friends in real life, real life. You were so protective about this relationship. You didn't tell me about it, our our girl joy you really I knew you were dating, So I want to be clear. You told me you were dating. I didn't know you got married either until after you did it, and you told me, can you talk?
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, you said, I'm marry bitch. I said, bitch, who that God was telling me about from New York? I said, why you? And I said, this is a true conversation. Does the network?
Speaker 1: No? No, bitch, I said, well, ain't saying shit like I'm not gonna say a word. I remember, though, seeing the wedding photo and you two had a fist bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I never said this to you, but I remember seeing it and I felt something was off because and unless there was just certain photos that weren't released.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they were unauthorized photos.
Speaker 2: Oh, because for me it was my photo.
Speaker 3: God, I eventually posted that photo on my on my Instagram, see that.
Speaker 2: That was the only one.
Speaker 1: And I felt in that moment, this doesn't feel emotional or romantic really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because for me it was a wedding photo.
Speaker 1: You guys should be kissing, and well I had those Well that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was the opposite.
Speaker 3: I thought it showed that we had a great, fun, friendly relationship. It wasn't just about a sexual attraction or oh I got to marry you so fast because I'm just so hot for you.
Speaker 2: I thought it was rooted in a friendship.
Speaker 1: So because a lot of people did assume and let's talk about it. Yeah, did you Russia get married because of where you were in your life at the time, wanting to have a child? You met this he's listen, the spy was going on right now.
Speaker 2: The man is fine. Yeah, he's fine. Marcus stunning. He's a good looking guy.
Speaker 1: He will probably if he was on more than one season, he would have been one of the hottest house husband. Sorry, Mauricio and happy Eddie and while.
Speaker 2: Dixon you get uh, I mean, I know, Marcus, Marcus gorgeous. Was the pressures of.
Speaker 1: You being on the show having to go on couples trips as a single woman? Oh you think that rushed me to the aug No, no, no, no, I want to talk about the psychology of things because what I like to do is go further. The thing is this, I don't know what it's like to be invited on a couple's trip as a single female, and when you're getting into with these girls rightfully so their husbands have their back.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've encounter in the last few seasons here on Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and you're sort of like alone and it must do something to you. So the one thing I've always wanted to ask you, was yes, you wanted that in your personal life?
Speaker 2: Was it also.
Speaker 1: Something like, hmm, I also just want somebody on this show that I can be protected by.
Speaker 2: You know, I am so No. It had nothing to do with the show.
Speaker 3: And honestly, we connected right away. I remember, and I don't know if a lot of people know this story, but I met him months before dating him. I was fresh out of the relationship with Crazy I call him Crazy Eyes, and I was like, I don't need to date anybody because it's like and that was pressure.
Speaker 2: That was pressure dating Crazy Eyes. Crazy Eyes was pressure.
Speaker 3: Yes. So when it came to Mark, I met him right after I seeing Crazy Eyes, and I thought, I was like, wow, this is a good looking guy. I was in New York. I was at a restaurant and I met him, and I thought, wow, that's a good looking guy, like you know, and he was, you know, he looked kind of like a little nerdy because he had his little book bag and backpack or whatever you want to call and he was doing paperwork in the restaurant because he owned the restaurant, and he was just there doing paperwork at one of the stations. And so later I was like, I really would like to connect with him, but I'm not ready. I need to just take some time for myself, figure out how I got myself in this situation with this other fool, and I need to.
Speaker 2: Just be ready. And I prayed.
Speaker 3: I prayed so much, like work on me, fix whatever is broken, so that when I do meet someone, I am ready to receive them. And that's what I did. I just worked on myself. I read I, you know, I was going through counseling all of those things, and I remember it was it was not I think it was Thanksgiving Ish maybe three months later, and I called up Chef Roblay and I said, you remember the guy you know that you introduced me to And he said, yeah, is he single? And he was like, let me check, you know, and then it was just history from there. So he was very I made the first move, and I remember us having We didn't talk right away. When we did talk, we were on the phone for two hours at a time. Every time we would speak, we would be on the phone for hours at a time.
Speaker 2: Is he trying to take your money?
Speaker 3: He wants me to pay his bills and some payment that no one understands.
Speaker 2: What the payment is for.
Speaker 3: But that's not holding up the divorce because I would pay him whatever to go away. It is he is trying to undo my rights to Brooklyn when it comes to TV appearances, because he's now doing a reality show.
Speaker 2: Is it a pilot because you know you're I believe it's a show, because is it straight to series?
Speaker 3: That I don't know. He won't tell me about it, he won't discuss it. I do know that they've been traveling. I do know. So if you just have a pilot money, you usually don't travel people and shoot in multiple locations. So I do believe that it's an actual series.
Speaker 1: And he was upset when he saw Marlowe kick the door while Brooklyn was in your hotel room.
Speaker 3: Well, he was allegedly upset because this is a man that hasn't seen his daughter for a total of two days and two years.
Speaker 2: But so what he's.
Speaker 3: Trying to do is trump up charges so he can have me sign off on her appearing in his show. And that is what held up the divorce because if it was the other things, I'd sign off. I mean, you want this money here, I'll make it.
Speaker 2: I'll make more. It's not that he was trying.
Speaker 3: To take away my right to Brooklyn when it comes to TV appearances because he wants her toppear on his show.
Speaker 2: Did the show ruin your marriage?
Speaker 3: No, Mark ruined our marriage. Mark ruined our marriage. I'm a good wife and I will be a great wife to the next man. So it was a real genuine connection that we had. We both wanted the same thing at the same time. Which is also again the crazy thing about you know, from the rumors with Walter that escalated to things being fake all started by Miss Parks, of course.
Speaker 2: Where Walter were in a real relationship.
Speaker 3: Kenny told you that, yeah, but they chose to believe him, saying, you know, I asked him, but he had been to my house. Walter had come all the way from Atlanta and stayed in my home because we were dating at the time. And then I remember Kenny saying, well, you know, I know that they're saying this stuff, but his best friend is also one of my best friends, and he said they were date. But that's not what they wanted to hear. They wanted to go with this spose narrative that.
Speaker 2: It was fake.
Speaker 3: Then for them to keep perpetuating this notion that I paid for men and all that.
Speaker 2: It's like, really, girl, people, what does it cover? A lot of people really believe that I got some tea. I got some tea for you.
Speaker 3: Nini is the one who called me and said that Walter was going on the radio and he had been retained Phaedra had been retained by him. Nini is your girl who called me up and gave me the heads up. Okay, so wait, Phaedra was in cahoots with Walter and Phaedra is the one who Nini told me that Walter asked Phaedra to be his attorney. And that is when he then went on the radio and said that crazy stuff, which you never said.
Speaker 2: I paid him.
Speaker 3: By the way, he said, I asked him to.
Speaker 2: Be on the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, can you come on the show, because if you do, you got to sign a release. You gotta film at two o'clock on Tuesday. He's supposed to ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That turned into somehow us spaking it when clearly Candy already said that he had told people we were dating, and he's it's obvious evidence that he had been.
Speaker 2: At my house. So that was a complete lie.
Speaker 3: Hand on a bible, hand on a bible If you have a Bible right now, I would swear hand on a bible and that would bring bring a bible.
Speaker 2: App. I will put my hand on the bible. App.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sure it works that from that, you keep perpetuating this rumor.
Speaker 2: But then I thought about it. I said, those.
Speaker 3: Kind of rumors exist for every single person that is on the show. Candy will always be the sugar mama who paid men, who pays for boyfriends, so you know, the sugar mama who takes scare of me. Cynthia will always be the girl who was the weak one, no backbone, always up Nini's behind.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: We all have something that someone in the cast says about us. This sticks, this sticks, and that was mine, even though if you're looking at me, really, I have to pay someone. Really, this is what you want people to believe. A successful, bright, kind, smart woman needs that looks like me, A form missus say, has to pay someone to be up to date them. Really, that's what you want, and it worked, and even after even after that, then everything the fruit of that became a lie, fake husband, fake well, fake boyfriend, fake fiance, fake husband, fake marriage, am I having a fake divorce, fake baby all of those take Affair with Apollo, Fake Affair with Apollo.
Speaker 1: There were allegations that you try to suck Apollo's dick.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rain Bob.
Speaker 1: Tune in next Tuesday, August twenty second, at nine o'clock am PSTRON to catch part two of my exclusive interview with Kenya Moore.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit realitywithe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix, an executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Ring Entertainment, Baby