Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens got a twenty four to sixteen win over the Tennessee Titans in London. Big victory for this team. Here's my head coach, John Harrible had to say after the win.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the Titans. That's a tough, hard nosed, competitive team, well coached, and they played that way today. It was an exciting game and we're very, very pleased to come over with a win. I'm proud of our guys. I thought our guys fought through a lot of adversity in that game, some controllable, some not, and they managed to find a way to close it at the end. The defense close it at the end with the stop down there, and then with the hands team to close it at the end offensively, to go down there and get that drive and get that three That three points was massive, some massive three points at the end there in that final drive in the fourth quarter. So just happy with our guys. I think Lamar Jackson played played one of the most courageous games I've ever seen. Just continues to do that. So many areas that we can continue to improve, but so many individual efforts that we could We could run a list here of guys, and I just did in the locker room, so if you get a chance to watch that, you'll have the list. But proud of our guys. We're looking forward now to getting back home. We have a tough game against the Lions at home, who's playing very well this year, so we'll be getting prepared for that. What questions you have, coach, Congratulations on the win today just to Swarts was defeating of the coming.
Speaker 3: Sorry George, the way the Swarper's defeating.
Speaker 4: Becoming the head coach sleep Wolves onto the first winning in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's a great feeling. It's better than the alternative by far too. I can tell you that it's a it's a it's been. It's a great experience, you know. It's it's a lot better when you win. I can tell you from experience. But we're glad to be here. The fans were great. I mean, the fans are loud. I love the singing. I love that it was a loud stadium. It was like a home game. It was like an NFL game there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: As far as the fans, I thought they were very knowledgeable. They know the game over here, and that was impressive to see. So it's just a very impressive crowd.
Speaker 3: Coach, we thank you. You've coached several different Rivens teams over the years.
Speaker 6: What the success looks like when we're beat October at this stage for your team in twenty three, what the success loops like?
Speaker 2: Well, right now, it's a process. It's a good question. And at this point in time, you know, it's an early season. No championships are won Week four, Week five, Week six. Odell Beckham even said that earlier in the week. Uh so we're kind of looking in terms of what are we capable of becoming. You know, we lost, we get lost some games we should have won. We uh we've played good football on stretches, but we've made mistakes. We've shot ourselves in the footway way too many times. So what success looks like right now is heart, the ability to overcome adversity, to keep fighting to the end, find a way to win and make plays on accounts, and to keep improving. We keep improving. At some point in time, you break, you get over the top, you break out and you start winning by larger margins. And that's what we're gonna try to do. Yes, you had a question there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thanks gentlemen.
Speaker 5: God bless Okay, okay, did clowney?
Speaker 3: He had a great games to choose sacks.
Speaker 7: How would you describe his impact on the steed, both today and more generally?
Speaker 5: Such a great question.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, he's a guy that we didn't necessarily expect to have at the being of the season. We've been playing against him all these years, always admired the way he played, his energy level. You can see it. I mean, the dreads are flying everywhere right and he's throwing his body around. Had the sacks today, had the run stops today, been a great addition to our team. Think he's another guy that was always a raven and didn't know until he got here. And I'll just add the rest of the pass rush too, justin Mattebeek had did a great job, Kyle Van Noyd did a great job. I thought Michael Pierce and Broderick Washington were pushing the pocket really well. So just a lot of guys stepped up with that coach that you've.
Speaker 7: Been here for a week, what if you learned about the squads that you didn't know before, and what if you learned about yourself, like as a coach of.
Speaker 3: Pages of thanks.
Speaker 2: Well, I learned I could win a game in London. That was nice to know, you know. But I really enjoyed Tottenham the U when we practiced over there, you know, just why look at the facilities and having a chance to talk to their various staff members. The head coach was amazing. I mean, I really like that guy. He just he's really good with people. He really understands, you know, just how to motivate a team and how to build an organization. He's done in different places and I just was kind of trying to pick his brain as much as I could. And then all the people around him. The performance people were pretty special. We got to see the young players. You know, it's kind of cool seeing the academy.
Speaker 5: That's different than us.
Speaker 2: We have the high school in the college. You guys have the academies with the clubs. Talking to those kids and their kids. Yet they're very talented, you know. So I learned a lot about how small our sporting world really is.
Speaker 8: Gotch six year suggestion that a few times you could have made full.
Speaker 2: Well, we really do, I mean, you know, the best way to put in the end zone the red zones to run it in. You know, we haven't been successful the last two weeks as we were the first three weeks so all, and that's kind of how it works. It's a week to week league. But and we've got a quarterback that can that can do a lot of things in the red zone, that can make plays in the red zone. We have receivers to do it. We're capable of it. I'm really thankful for Justin he made all those kicks. It's probably fun for the crowd here to see, but we need to we need to score points. That could have been a big could have been a much more comfortable game for us if we'd done that.
Speaker 3: Yes, a little bit more on la Mar Jackson's performance.
Speaker 2: Right well, I just think like he made some throws. But more than that, you know, there was some some situations where guys were covered a little bit, you know, and that wasn't easy. That's a really good defense they were playing against. Kept plays alive, a couple of critical first downs. Thought the seam route up the right side in the fourth quarter to Mark Andrews. To see that route put that random money. Of course Mark made a great play on it. That was that was a game changing ceiling play right there. Without that play, it's a completely different game. So the runs that he made were pretty phenomenal, he said.
Speaker 9: You know, finishing the game in those sides of the ball kind of finished the game, you know, after the tough loss. To see him finish it that way when it game got pretty tight. What does that kind of say about the improvements that seems?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean we've talked a lot about closing games out, you know, becoming closers. You know, we talked about the Oils a little bit with that, you know, how they were able to close games out this year, and that's something that we're striving to do. On both sides of the ball. We're not quite as good as we need to be yet. I thought our defense made it. Really Our defense played good throughout the game. I mean, the only first downs they really had were the penalties, which we had too many of. And I'm probably not going to comment too much on today I went asked about, but I'm proud of our defense for getting that last stop.
Speaker 3: Having great stones this season. Just get a touchdown States especially, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Great question.
Speaker 2: Foray's obviously made so many nice plays for us and he didn't have a touchdown yet. He's only a rookie, but we're pretty far into the season. Had took game six for him to get his first touchdown. To see it, I just had visions of future touchdowns.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: When I saw that, I was like, okay, now, it's it's like the analogy my dad always makes. It's like olips, open up an olive jar, join you open, you go like that, and what happens with an olive jar? Do the olives just come pouring out? They don't, right, they don't come out.
Speaker 5: What do you gotta do?
Speaker 2: You gotta get the first one out, right, and once you get the first one out, the rest of them pour out. So hopefully that was Zay's first olive and there'll be many more to come.
Speaker 3: John, how difficult was it towards the end of the game.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think you were doing four or five defensive players just with the personnel. And also, if you have any updates on any of those guys, if you believe any.
Speaker 2: More series, right, don't have any any updates now in terms of the level of seriousness.
Speaker 5: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: We have to get back home and take a look at those right now, nothing on any extray or anything like that.
Speaker 5: We do know. That was the rest of the question.
Speaker 10: Just about how difficult it was with the moving personnel and all your defenders going out.
Speaker 2: We were out some personnel groups. We had a tough time getting our field goal group on the field. That was a challenge for us. Getting eleven guys on that because sometimes you don't know who's on and off and guys kind of forget. That was a big challenge for us. But I say this to our personnel, start with Eric Acosta. I mean the fact that this team has been through this really pretty much almost every game. And I tell you, look at the NFL, it's kind of it's becoming more and more like that. It's a big challenge. And for those guys to come in and not even bad. And I look at guys like Jeremiah Moon. You don't know Jeremiah Moon. He's out there giving us quality reps. Okay, we've got a lot of guys stepping up. Gino Stone, I mean, how well has he played this year? And he's always done it. So I think Eric has done a phenomenal job in terms of doing something that he believes and he builds a deep football team, and it's really paid off for us so far.
Speaker 3: John kind of your loves one. Colin Hanilson's first.
Speaker 2: Hit in the ajaction, Yeah, I mean it was helmet contact, so I understood the flag. The ejection wasn't explained to me on the field. They didn't know on the field, so came from New York, I guess. So they have to explain to us why that's not something we've seen before. That's a new one as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you mentioned, you know, the kick being mass of their curious momentum wise, how big mus Gino's interception at that point, he gets a nice place.
Speaker 2: Now, Brian, such a big play. I mean, you have to make plays, you know. I mean you have to make plays. You can't. You can't go out there and just play perfect and make tackles. If you do that, they're gonna move the ball down the field and score eventually unless they make a mistake. So you got to find a way to come up with a sack. You gotta get a sack, Fum, you gotta knock a ball loo, you got to get in their reception. And Gino's had a couple big ones so far. This year, so that was a huge play. You're right.
Speaker 3: Could you just talk about the big craziness that Laura shot. Could you just allot right on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I just think that he's hung in the pocket. He got away. You know, he was holding the ball trying to wait for guys to get open. So he had a lot of patience in the pocket and yet stepping up and making a couple of runs, converted some first downs and we had to have him. You know, he's not afraid. I mean, Lamar is a very courageous guy and you know you have to admire him for that.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. Here's what quarterback Lamar Jackson said after the Doves.
Speaker 3: What's your train?
Speaker 5: Ravens?
Speaker 7: Fuck?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: It was phenomenal or the atmosphere was crazy. I think I heard a lot of Ravens fans in the crowd. Uh, even though it was Tennessee home. I believe our fans went crazy. That's what I believe. What crazy atmosphere.
Speaker 3: You know what something about same clauses and people right, like, this's longer than night. If you know, you know, you stip into trade stick yourself.
Speaker 5: Far was it I did.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: Actually, that's that's funny.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: His brother was great, you know great when we were little kids, Like even in the high school, his brother was. They used to call his brother Joystick. And I told him, like, you gonna have to steal that name cause you different. You don't win the lead now, so you gotta take that name from.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: I know you, ye, you'll you You'll take wins with However, they calm. It was like what was kind of the frustration level when the Renton I.
Speaker 10: Mean, you guys for first three weeks we were talking about how you guys almost going to back.
Speaker 5: They won for six and Rentent See what I'm saying. I think that's what it was.
Speaker 4: You guys want to hyping it up a little bit, you know, Jeanie stuffs a little bit. Just keep it down a little bit when we having so much success in the Redson.
Speaker 5: But uh, we just.
Speaker 4: Have to find a way, you know, uh, lock in more. We get we do a great job, but dropping the ball down the field. But it's like every time we get there, it's like we just kicking field goals. It's up the top. But we don't need that, you know, protect the ball. The biggest emphasis was we cul we caught the ball this week, we drove the ball down the field and we protected that except for that one interception.
Speaker 5: But we gotta we gotta punch it in.
Speaker 4: You know, that's gonna help our defense out of lot and they doing a g great job protecting us.
Speaker 3: You wish they you would've you ran the ball a lot, resent Do you wish you would have been the front bit.
Speaker 4: I mean they they defense pretty great, you know. They They wasn't giving us no, no real chances of making passes.
Speaker 5: You know, they paid great.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to run the ball, but it w it was what it was, you know, and we still finished with the field goals.
Speaker 9: Or I'm just wondering after saying what we can And how did you feel.
Speaker 3: Entering this game? How'd you feel like the guys were entering this game? Uh?
Speaker 11: Did y?
Speaker 3: Did you Bry feel right?
Speaker 9: Did you feel like it was a good decision the ends?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I believe it was a great decision for us to be out here early, you know, instead of us coming out here like you know, last minute and then trying to let our body cope with you know, what's going on with this atmosphere is time and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: It was a great decision by coaches.
Speaker 3: Lamar, you guys threw up fifteen at half time. Then they got going a little bit.
Speaker 10: How did you guys as a team prevent like the here we go again from seeping in and what was kind of the key and kind of turning them on man in the back in your favor?
Speaker 5: Uh, just lock it down.
Speaker 4: They got that turnover, like I said, they got that turnover. Number zero made a heck of a catch. They got that turnover and they had momentum. You know, they drove the ball down end up scoring or field goal, I believe. But our job was to you know, stay.
Speaker 5: Locked there and don't let that you know, overwhelm us.
Speaker 4: Just keep staying out there and try to put draw the ball down the field and make something happen.
Speaker 7: Well, have congratinations on one side your head described performances on the most garage you see scene.
Speaker 3: From you so far?
Speaker 9: And what's it mean when you catch say something like that and.
Speaker 3: Just have fun you guys.
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean it's a lot uh come from our head coach, Uh, definitely, But uh, how far we can go to season? The sky's the limit. As I've been saying all season, but we have to finish in the end zone. We need to find a way to score points. And I believe that's what's slowing us down. We we dropped the ball down the field. No problem has been happening every s every game. But it's the red zone, part the black zone. We need to find a way to get pu punch it in and we'll go from there in.
Speaker 3: A lot of games.
Speaker 13: See, you gotta be more moreloyable, more and more sos of comomy, freass and brost of the seas, especially if.
Speaker 14: Your opposition out of boy, it was in for you to come out of age the ball and shut it for fans.
Speaker 5: Uh, it was. It was.
Speaker 4: It was our job to you know, to put on the show for the fans, you know, because basketball has been taking over soccer football has been taken over.
Speaker 5: But to have the American football to put on a great show.
Speaker 4: For the fans and you know, the people at home. It was tremendous. It was our job to do and I believe we we did quite a good job to do.
Speaker 1: That was uarterback Lamar Jackson. We also had a chance to talk with linebacker Patrick queen, how.
Speaker 7: Would you describe the intensity off the games of playing against the Times. It's see class, it's becoming some rivalry between you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 12: Uh you know that started before I even got here, uh with Ray and it and then uh, you know the stuff that happened in twenty nineteen, and then when I came in twenty twenty, so it was a little bit of history already started, you know, and then coming out here in front of the fans, which were electric, uh for us being out of the country and stuff. So you definitely feel that intensity. It was very high. Every play, every snop, it was uh high intensity.
Speaker 14: Got you got how would you kind of assess, you know, how how you guys held on despite losing the the stafeties that you did in how here such as Slotman's the defense, but for other's guys to come in and.
Speaker 3: Not really miss being there's your house on the other back end there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Uh, that's the way we prepare. Everybody know their job. Uh, we got faking everybody to come in and do their job at a high level. Shout out to Eric for you know, getting everybody that we need. And we just went out there and played football. We g we all brothers in the locker room and we got each other back. All we gotta go go out there and do is just talking communicating. Just go play football at a high level here.
Speaker 3: Patrick, what will get to you?
Speaker 14: Like seek SATs in one game and is keep happening every game.
Speaker 12: Uh, that's why we preach, uh getting to the quarterback and whoever number we call to go do that job. Uh we expect them to do their job. So when they call my name and expect me to go do my job, I do my job at a high level and I take a lot of product trying to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 9: After this, this defense is claim really well, is is there kind of a mindset developing of Alright, you know we only need x number of points and at what we only end up from the defensive perspective.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we always say the offense can't score, they can't win. So as long as we do our job keep them out of the end zone, you know, we have a good, pretty good shot at winning. And the field goals. That's what we're preaching on now, is just not even letting them get in.
Speaker 3: The field goal range.
Speaker 12: Uh, trying to take that away it's a few players here and there that we could clean up and s you know, shut that down. But for the most part we're pretty produd of the way we're playing. It's just a few players and clean up here and there.
Speaker 10: Patrick, Oh, who was kind of your grati sony officials, you know to say that col Hamiltons.
Speaker 12: Be injected from Uh. I mean it's a tough car. I mean, honestly, I I don't think he shoulda been injected. It wasn't hit kind of vicious, I mean not really not intended, but you know, whatever, call the whatever the official made, whatever car he made. You know, we just gotta roll with it and just play football at that point. Uh, I mean, I don't see anything wrong with playing football the end of the day. And he c try to go for the ball of field down so I mean, I know coll didn't intentionally try to hit him in the head, but you know, it's it's a sport that we play now, so we just gotta adapt.
Speaker 10: I drink uh lot of guys, and there's so much attention what happened in London in the past.
Speaker 3: Which very few if you guys, even experienced that. How please are you just how you best do.
Speaker 10: Car business all the week, everything from the preparation to hit the win today And how much did that kind of booy you guys coming forward?
Speaker 12: Uh that comes from the guys behind the scene. Uh that don't get talked about equipment, video guys or nutrition and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Behind the scenes. They take care of us.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 12: They really make our job easy. We don't have to total around a lot of stuff. You know, the traveling was good. Everything was good. Hospitality from all the people at the hotel really made our job easy. From coming here early, trying to adjust to the time, adjust our bodies, U practice on the field, you know, gett everything that we need right here, and all the people behind the scenes just made it real easy for us. So it's special shout off to them.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Patrick Queen, defensive lineman Justin Mattabek. You had a big game for the defense. Also talked about the win.
Speaker 3: Just also kind of similar cross time. Just have to Patrick Queen just to be able to come here and people to schedule and all the changes of rewarding is it to kind of get the win.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a good feeling, you know. I feel like special teams offense, defense. We all were quicking. Obviously not the perfect game that we wanted, but rarely.
Speaker 3: Is it in that case.
Speaker 8: So I'm glad we got to win, especially coming all the way for the nine States to hear and dealing with just the differences and stuff like that. So it was just it feels good to get a win here, just in uh.
Speaker 14: A lot of those lines, you know, John Harlots, instead of the TV you guys have I had your good team with the chance of being great, I mean, did today.
Speaker 3: They would just step forward in that process or really just kind of the same.
Speaker 8: No, definitely have the same step forward every time we get a win. I fuck, get a step forward. You know, There's definitely things we need to clean up, but definitely step forward in terms of just execution and just ECU D like dominance, especially on defense. So definitely a step forward for sure.
Speaker 9: Doesn't just what was working so well for the pass rush A and for you personally, how much are you enjoyed sometimes playing on the edge.
Speaker 8: I love that edge, like anywhere on the defensive line, like nose tackle in I I I enjoy I just love playing the defensive line first of all. Second, I just feel like on the pass rush or just communication, Kyle communicating with me, Gidavion, QUI communicate with me, Mike.
Speaker 3: Brody Traff.
Speaker 8: Everybody's to be on the same page, everybody having the same mind frame in order to attack the offensive line of our posing team. I feel like that's what uh helped uh uh execute at a high level.
Speaker 15: So I just did what's the life gutten up gets sell out there, Henry and out of them, maybe all the one you guys seem to to bring to Chip and.
Speaker 3: Keep doing checks today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's a a good a good player, definitely one of the FA favorite players the National Football League. He gets disrespect, but you know, it was definitely an emphasis throughout the whole week to stop him at the line of the scrimmage. He definitely got that good exposive run. But outside of that, I feel like we contain it pretty.
Speaker 7: Well justin how would you describe your your experience playing a lot of the in front of the European.
Speaker 3: Pass It was fun.
Speaker 8: It's definitely more fun when you get a dug uh when you get a win, But uh, it was fun, you know, practicing here, you know, seeing the city a little bit, and then definitely uh focusing in practice to get a win on Sunday is what we plan to do, and that's what we got done. So we're gonna enjoy it, you know, but we have a a tough hond of next week too.
Speaker 1: So that was t as a lineman Justin atabike and in the locker room after the game, kicker Justin Tucker, who had six field goals on the game, talked about the Victory's.
Speaker 9: Pretty cool to to kick six field goals on the international stage and all that. Just can you describe just kind of how cool that is for you personally?
Speaker 11: Uh, you know, it was pretty cool to you know, kind of feel a love from the fans. You know, obviously this is a place in the world where they love kickers of balls. So uh, being able to put on just a little bit of a show for him was was a lot of fun. You know, our guys did a great job of getting us in position to have those opportunities in the first place. Tyler did an excellent job, Jordan did an excellent job, you know. So being able to keep the momentum going for for our team in a positive way just by knocking down kicks was you know, it was meaningful for us toward winning the football game.
Speaker 7: Just something.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about the turf a little bit. Was it different kicking on this this? Was it a different turf ever that you know, is it similar to the other churchs that you kicked on.
Speaker 13: I'm not gonna get it into all that right now.
Speaker 11: Just if win or lose, if I complain about something, not that I would complain, but if I were to complain about something that you know doesn't necessarily mean anything to anybody.
Speaker 13: So I'll just say, Uh, I'm happy.
Speaker 11: That we were able to manage the surface and get out here with a win.
Speaker 9: I'm just curious this week in practice, it seemed like the soccer players, even the soccer players are kind of taken watching you kick, like just by how far you can, can't get whatever?
Speaker 14: Like you said, they're kickers of boss right.
Speaker 13: Indeed, what was it.
Speaker 3: Like this week?
Speaker 9: And did you have any like fun conversations with them about that?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 11: We did, yeah, so probably not necessarily about you know, growing up playing soccer or football or whatever. One of the one of the funniest conversations I feel like we had all week. Uh, Tyler and Jordan and I had an opportunity to go and watch the UA team Tottenham squad play, just to just briefly during our Friday practice when the specialists weren't involved.
Speaker 13: We just we walked, just walked.
Speaker 11: Over to stretch our legs and then kind of happened upon a match and was talking to like a couple of the maybe maybe reserved guys or younger guys that were they were spectators for the day. There was one kid who was doing his best American accent. Uh, while I've just been butchering the English language with my British accent all week.
Speaker 13: This kid was hilarious. Ye, I mean he had us rolling. He's like, hey, let's go Spurs, Let's get some barbecue after the game. Bro, let's go to Olive Garden. It was u it was all.
Speaker 11: But Uh, that was probably my favorite conversation I had with a real footballer while while we were here.
Speaker 14: How do you feel about the like the stadium, like the really enclosed stadium, or like the wind factors really mad?
Speaker 3: Did the biler like on the kicks?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So we came here on Friday afternoon, the specialists, uh, came to the stadium to kind of get the lay of the land and see what the you know, what the surface was like, and how the wind was, what the wind patterns may be in the stadium, And on that particular day, it was a little drizzly and the wind was kind of like whipping through even though it does look like it, you know, would be more enclosed. As soon as we walked in, I thought the stadium kind of reminded me of like what Miami's stadium looks like, or what Seattle Stadium looks like, where there's like the awnings hanging over all of the ends and the sides, which you would think would cut down on, you know, the wind or the weather or what have you, but you know, thankfully kind of held off.
Speaker 13: Today.
Speaker 11: It was a it was a pretty it was pretty nice day, Like I was. The one thing I was struggling to do was just stay warm on the sidelines. We're very spoiled and when when we're back back in Baltimore, like if it gets blowed, I'm probably a little bit more del lated than many of my teammates.
Speaker 13: Oh and I'm just sitting sitting there. It was I we just thing that was just spitting out room town.
Speaker 11: You know, just add that, add that to the list, but I tell the guys to tell Tyler and Jordan every week. You know, hey, we're gonna face adversity and the measure of us as you know, football players and as men is just how we handle it.
Speaker 13: So not having heated benches it was tough, but you know, we're glad to make it out here.
Speaker 9: With a winner, justin I think you're the only one that was here in twenty seventeen. What does it mean to have a better performance in front of these fans and get a witness then?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know, I know there were a couple of guys.
Speaker 11: You know, I don't want to miss anybody, so but I know, h you know, like pat Riccard is here, Marlon Bronnie, They're a handful of guys. But you know, to be able to come out here, and I think, uh, management and you know, the powers that be did a great job of managing the week and the travel and all of the all of the stuff that goes into a trip across the pond to play football game. I think I think our team did a really good job of handling Matt And yeah, definitely much better result this go around and than the last time, which we don't we don't even to talk about that anymore.
Speaker 3: John John mention that.
Speaker 6: Obvious like kicking your feel, which the kind of easing you guys more than pushing furies for nests if you felt that at all, about put in a momentum shift earlier and took you feel like the game you guys.
Speaker 11: Of course, of course we're always tuned into the game and the situations that that could unfold before us. So, uh, that particular situation, Yeah, we know exactly what the stakes are by making that kick.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just like you said, we give ourselves.
Speaker 11: A little bit more of a cushion, uh to let our defenses go out there and you know, close out the game, let our hands team go out there and close out the game.
Speaker 13: But uh, to your original question is like, do you know are we clue? Are we kind of focused in?
Speaker 11: Absolutely? Yes, which is which brings me to a very important point. My awareness rating on Madden is for some reason, very very low, and I think that's the only reason why I might not be like a you know, higher rated overall. So you know, maybe by explaining that to you, you know, the Badden ratings adjusters can give my awareness rating a boost.
Speaker 13: I think it's at like a like a fifty. It's just abysmal.
Speaker 11: Maybe it'll maybe it'll be a fifty two an honored Ray Lewis.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. After the win, safety Kyle Hamilton talk with the media. It was a disappointing game for Kyle personally because he got ejected for a helmet to helmet hit in that matchup, but he still was excited about the victory. He talked to the media after the win.
Speaker 16: I didn't know at first. I'd heard the rev stays and I knew it was the flyer, heard the red staite sound. Thinking everybody on the defense started questioning me being injected and then looked over and nobody really told me I got ejected.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just assume that, Okay, got a game so obviously tough.
Speaker 16: My family's here, so have to see them travel this way and not seeing them, you know, call the reade and got to live with him.
Speaker 3: He just described to play him. Definitely just take this.
Speaker 16: To Yeah, I mean it's playing middlefield with the post quarterback. I saw him throw the ball, driving all the ball and then turned into the receiver. Uh, split second hit him. Try to get the ball out. You know, he came up, shake him up, unfortunately, So praying for him. Hopefully he's doing wells back week or whoever comes back. But yeah, I mean, like you said, nothing malicious about it from my perspective, wasn't trying to hurt him, wasn't trying to do anything bad.
Speaker 3: To give him explanation from anybody about why.
Speaker 16: You uh, I, like I said, I didn't even know. I was dejected to someone on the defense said it. I asked the reps who were near me, and they said they didn't know what was going on, and nobody really telling the respect it as well too.
Speaker 10: So I mean obviously I watch, but like as you walking to you, you sup, well, not not if.
Speaker 5: Anyone particularly what you could be or what was this stuff?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, just hear the momentum. We'll try to take it back right now with them's trying to for everybody's feelings or anything. Just obviously disagree with Paul in the moment and not being able to see it back. I do agree that maybe a flag should have been thrown, but I don't know what coming out this way of being out here.
Speaker 3: For a week. I have a mom my, brother, come out here.
Speaker 16: It's my brother's birthday.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just stuff that being pushing again.
Speaker 9: You watch them like on your friend, have you lit the system?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have seen it.
Speaker 5: After seeing it, I'm I mean, I know it's the call that was made.
Speaker 3: Is it made a hundred percent of time? I don't know.
Speaker 16: But at the same time, it's call has made. So uh don't have really really any quarrels.
Speaker 3: What they call itself. But I mean, obviously don't fret too.
Speaker 16: But at the end of day's story is not about me and he came out here. We gotta win. Everybody's locking focus. Shout out you under the pick. But yeah, it just goes to show off DVR as a team. Guys just stepping on both sides of fall special teams, whatever, and get the job doing so.
Speaker 1: Quarterback Marlon Huffer, who's one of the defensive leaders of his team, talked about the strong showing from the defense.
Speaker 17: I mean, I think we had some moments and then we had some not some good moments. But I really have to look at the film, it seems like it was it seems like it was just okay, I think you know, big run me to two penalties a couple of the guys, so I think I was just kind of grated as okay, allus always great to win, but uh, I know my performance was very you know, subpar, But I think defensively, I I would we're not really hanging our heads, but we're not really too excited as well, so okay, we're probably the best with us. Describe it, would you?
Speaker 9: Where do you get the energy in the fans today and what does it mean to get a win for those Ravens fans who live abroad or camera came rup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely huge.
Speaker 17: I think last time we came, we obviously wasn't it wasn't too fun, uh going back, but you know, with my family being in town, they said there was Ravens fans everywhere. So one thing that Raves fans do is they travel. So it was really cool to be able to get this win kind of get that Steeler's slump office. I know, Uh, I don't think any Ravens fans would have it this past week, so uh, getting this win, uh hopefully can can we can get our fans back? So uh, I know they didn't go anywhere, but you know, we don't. We don't like losing a to to those guys. So to win this game was really big.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 1: What do you say about Geno Stone and he steps in and gets a pick? Just how how well does he play when he's kind of thrust into those moments?
Speaker 5: It seems like that's that's kind of what he does. Obviously.
Speaker 17: You know when we signed this offseason, you know we knew the great team or he was, but his his his depth is value at at safety's really shown up huge.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 17: Obviously, Marcus being out early on, you know, he's anytime you can step in and when you got a free agen signed as big as Marcus and you don't really miss a beat. That's a really really good thing. So Gena's been playing lights out and I just, uh hope he keeps it going.
Speaker 1: What did you say anything to Kyle? You know when he tough, tough situation for him to to get ejected, would you say anything to him in that moment, knowing how tough that is for him?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was, it was, I mean, happened really fast. It seemed like he was just ejected. We were kind of confused, but you know, talking with him, you know he he'll be playing for free. But you know obviously you I mean, the call is a call, but I'm sure he'll he'll bounce back from and he'll be he'll.
Speaker 3: Be fine and more than I'm sure with the all fit. A lot of fans are waiting for the UK.
Speaker 17: Version of a victory Instagram, like, oh, you know, every time I put on outfit run away game, I'm always thinking about victorri Algi Live. So this will this w I actually got this in London here I forgot to Todd Bota, so it was actually I it. It wasn't tired ever, but we're really excited about Big Trigi Live UK style. So uh so it'll be a lot better than the last trip when we just went to sleep. So I think we'll spend amount a hour celebrating this one, and then when we land we'll be back to business.
Speaker 14: That BK said that, you know, because you guys won, it feels like a step forward in that you know path, the greatness, the you know kind of being going from good to create that John Harb I'll talking about on Wednesday. I guess what, what's your kind of big picture of view of this whim that maybe you know, you guys could have won. Buy more but you got the win and you're going home with the tub.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, I think, uh, when you sometimes heartbreak losses can really you can lose two from that. So I think, you know, like I said, get getting that slump off of office from the last one.
Speaker 5: It's really big.
Speaker 17: You know, I always didn't obviously didn't play perfect at all, but this can definitely be kind of a step in that direction.
Speaker 5: And uh, we just kind of build.
Speaker 9: Off this one.
Speaker 1: I tackle Ronnie Stanley discussed the win and what it means for this team.
Speaker 3: Is there a common dominator of the red zone?
Speaker 15: You know, it's kind of hard to say right now. You know, we'll have to go look at the film and kind of see what's happening. But yeah, I'm not I can't speak on the coming at right now running from.
Speaker 1: A big picture of you Just what does this win mean coming off the Steelers game, to come out here and get a win against.
Speaker 15: A tough team. Yeah, I mean, it's always great, great to bounce back off the loss. And you know, last week was heartbreaking to say the least. We knew we needed to get back on track and you know, coming here is going to be a challenge for both teams to be.
Speaker 13: Able to adapt and overcome.
Speaker 15: And I'm proud of the guys in the way they handled, you know, everything, all the challenges and coming out here and getting a dug and we just got to make sure we grow on this and you know, don't go backwards.
Speaker 1: There was a lot made of coming out here early, getting out here on Monday, and spending the entire week here. What if any impact do you think that had once the game started.
Speaker 15: I think it was a big impact to be able to get used to this time zone, cause you know, it's probably nine am our time on kickoff, and I know that's not really a lot of guys are not really up and ready to be violent at that time. So to be able to come and get used to it, I think definitely helped us.
Speaker 3: You know, FRONI, what do you think the coaches and the leaders on this team were included? Instead of a lost Faceburg the last week wouldn't beat you.
Speaker 13: Guys for a second week in round basically, so that a long time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, what did the leaders and the coaches on this team do to stave off the like any chance of that loss to Steelers leaking over into this week?
Speaker 15: I think we did what we always do is we just come come to work with a singular focus and everyone's just locked in.
Speaker 17: I think.
Speaker 15: Us as leaders on the team, and we just kind of made sure that everyone has just had that same focus as we did, and you know, just working on the fundamentals or to be catching.
Speaker 13: The ball, holding the ball, holding your blocks, being on the right page and just executing.
Speaker 10: And you know, we had a really.
Speaker 13: Sharp week of practice.
Speaker 9: And to show.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast the Ravens again one twenty four to sixteen over the Tennessee Titans in London, and if you want a full breakdown from the game, check out the Lounge podcast feed Ryan making I break it all down for you there. We'll be back with you coming up later this week as the Ravens get back to Baltimore, So make sure you hit that subscribe button. We'll keep you updated throughout the week, and also hit the subscribe button over on the Lounge podcast feed as well, and make sure you leave a rating and a review. Thanks for listening and enjoy the win.