Speaker 1: Welcome. It is Verdict with Senator Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you and Senator this is the last podcast we are going to do in twenty twenty four. It has been a year that has been filled with in insane stories, an unbelievable election, and also today we found out about the passing of a former president of the United States of America, Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, and so we're going to reflect today on the passing of Jimmy Carter. We're also going to talk about at just an extraordinary article in the Washington Post that was an attempt to whitewash all four years of Joe Biden's presidency. It may be the single most dishonest journalistic piece I've seen, and also the most screamingly funny pretense at journalism I've seen in years. We're gonna talk about that in depth. All that coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it truly is amazing to see what the media will cover now that there's no consequences to doing the stories on Joe Biden the way they should have long before now. But let's move back to what we mentioned a moment ago, and that is the life and legacy of Jimmy Carter. He was a thirty ninth president of the United States of America. He made it to the incredible age of one hundred. That is how old he is the day he passed. And I tell you, Jimmy Carter, it's an interesting legacy because he was one of the most unpopular presidents when he left office and certainly in modern political history. But his legacy that he left behind is actually incredible. It's extraordinary what he did after leaving the White House.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: James Earl Carter Junior was born on October first, nineteen twenty four. He was born in Plains, Georgia, and he lived one hundred years. He died on December twenty ninth, twenty twenty four. He was age one hundred. He was the oldest former president to have ever lived. No president lived to one hundred other than him. And he also has an interesting statistic and Rosalind Carter where the president and first lady who were married the longest. They got married in the year nineteen forty six and she died in twenty twenty three. She died last year, so they were married seventy seven years. That's the longest any president, first lady, I've ever been married. And you know, I got to say, in talking about Jimmy Carter, there's a lot that I certainly want to honor. I want to honor his military service. He is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy. He was in the Navy. He was active duty from nineteen forty six to nineteen fifty three. He was in the reserves from nineteen fifty three to nineteen sixty one. He was a sub mariner. He was one of the very first sub mariners, and he had honorable service. And then he returned to Georgia and became a peanut farmer, joined the family's family farm, and ended up going into politics and running for state Senate, running for governor, and then running a a scrappy grassroots campaign and really shocking the world as an unknown Southern governor, getting the Democrat nomination for president in nineteen seventy six and being elected president. And you know, I will say, look at it, it is no secret that I have strong disagreements with Jimmy Carter's policy decisions and so but and I've detailed those at length before. I'm not going to choose the moment of his passing to go into that, I'm simply going to honor his life. He had honorable service defending our nation. He had honorable service in public office. And you know, I will say, look, I never met Jimmy Carter. I did not know him personally, but he always struck me as an honest, honorable man. Was he was very open about his faith. He was a Southern Baptist. He in nineteen seventy six. It was a bit of a shocking thing nationally that he described himself as a born again Christian, and that was a a a new thing in politics.
Speaker 3: And and he was.
Speaker 2: He taught Sunday school right up almost to the moment of his death, until his health finally prevented him from doing so. You're right that that that his legacy after the White House was remarkable, and he did a lot of things, I think most notably with Habitat for Humanity. He put enormous for decades. He was very focused on building homes for those in need.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I will say he also did not as a former president. He didn't go out and and and seek the limelight excessively. He wasn't a vocal critic of his successors and and I think all of that, all of that is is to be commended, even if even if the policy decisions he made are different than than than those you and I might have chosen to make. I'll tell you two interesting things. Number One, do you know who else was worn on the very same day Jimmy Carter was born on October first, nineteen twenty four.
Speaker 1: Who I have no idea?
Speaker 2: Well, we've talked about this before. I you know, I give friends grief. Sometimes I'm like, don't you bother to listen to the podcast? And I'm gonna ask you, ben, don't you bother to listen or to our podcast?
Speaker 3: And we've talked about that.
Speaker 1: On the set up And this is the moment if anyone's listening right now, if you want to know what is set up from Center Cruz sounds like I get the experiences more than almost anyone else in the world. This is a setup and this is how it always plays out. So you've all been warned. This is that moment. If you're a dinner with him, you know it's coming, So go ahead. I cannot wait to hear this answer.
Speaker 2: So Jimmy Carter was born on the very same day that William Hubbs Renquist, the sixteenth Chief Justice of the United States, was born. And as you know, Chief Justice Renquist was was my former boss, and I knew him well. And he passed a long time ago, so I mean, he did not live to a hundred And I wrote a couple of different obituaries for Chief Justice Renquist when he passed, and noted in one of the obituaries that I wrote that he and Jimmy Carter were born on the exact same day. And so that gives a sense of the length of time and service that Jimmy Carter served. But I'll tell you secondly, so Jimmy Carter, interestingly is intimately connected to my very first political memory in life. Really how so, so my first political memory, and in nineteen seventy six is my mother voted for Jimmy Carter. And my mother was a Republican, but she just thought Gerald Ford was an idiot. She did not like Ford. She just thought he was not all that bright, and she thought Carter seemed like a very nice man, and so she voted for Carter. And what I remember, so at the time, my dad, who you know, as you know, is from Cuba. He was a Canadian citizen at the time. They'd moved to Canada and started a business in Canada, and so he was not a US citizen at the time. And I remember my dad and my mom having an argument in the living room because my father was horrified that she had voted for Jimmy Carter, and and because she was an American citizen and he was not at the time. He is now, but he wasn't then. He felt like she had the family vote, and so he was really I just remember them fighting back and forth. My mother came to regret that particular vote, But my first awareness that politics existed was wondering why my father was so upset that that that my mother had voted for Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. My first interaction with Jimmy Jimmy Carter was actually, of all things, you laugh because if you if you've ever met my sister, she's not exactly the most political person. She's interested the school teacher, and she kind of laughs at how different our lives are. But she met a president of the units It's America before I ever did, and it was Jimmy Carter at the Memphis College of Art, where I think one of his children or grandchildren, was at school. He had come down for an event. She happened to be there and got his autograph when she was like, I think seven or eight years old. And so.
Speaker 2: He was a nice man.
Speaker 1: Oh set, he was so nice. He talked to her for a minute and chatted and they talked about Memphis and asked what she was studying and was she doing art, And so to this day she's always like, you know, you may have met a lot of political people, but I just went to remind you I met a president long before you ever did, which is true because I didn't meet a president for another I don't know, fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Well, and look that that's consistent with it with everything I've ever heard, I've never heard of him being unpleasant to anyone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things I saw on Twitter today was videos of him coming on to a commercial flight on Delta and just stopping and shaking hands with everyone in the seats going through, which seems very consistent with everything about his character that I knew about. You know, Donald Trump sent out a tweet that I thought was was very well done. Here's what Trump wrote, quote, I just heard of the news about the passing of President Jimmy Carter. Those of us who have been fortunate to have served as president understand that this is a very exclusive club, and only we can relate to the enormous responsibility of leading the greatest nation in history. The challenges Jimmy faced as president came at a pivotal time for our country, and he did everything in his power to improve the lives of all Americans. For that, we all owe him a debt of gratitude. Milanie and I are thinking warmly of the Carter family and their loved ones during this difficult time. We urge everyone to keep them in their hearts and prayers. And I got to say what I like about that statement, in particular, is the second paragraph. The challenges Jimmy faced as president came at a pivotal time for our country, unquestionably true. And he did everything in his power to improve the lives of all Americans. And I think that's a very nice way to compliment him, because I think he did believe he was improving the lives of all Americans. Now, Trump did not say his policy succeeded in that, but he was earnest in his desire and effort, And I thought that was a nice way for Trump to compliment it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is, and I will say is divided as politics has been. It is cool to see a former president put politics aside in many ways later in his career and his legacy and work with building homes and bringing people together in that way. I know several people that had the opportunity to help build a home with him, Habitat for Humanity many different places around the country, and it really is cool to see that legacy. So our thoughts and our prayers are with the family, obviously of Jimmy Carter. And any time you have a president of the United States of America passed way, it's always important. I think we just take a moment pause and say, job well done. I mean, to live one hundred years is incredible. To be a president of the United States of America, the thirty ninth president, incredible, and to do what he did after he left the White House really remaking. I think how people would remember him, because they don't really remember the political stuff in the seventies and what brought us Ron Reagan. They remember I think that he built a lot of To be.
Speaker 2: Clear, Skippy, you weren't alive then so so you definitely don't remember it eighty one.
Speaker 1: I'm mean eighty one, but my, oh my, did I hear the stories? I heard the stories. All right, let's get.
Speaker 2: Well, well, the Reagan Revolution doesn't doesn't make sense without the car to predicate. But but that's that's another story for another day. So let's move to the Washington Post. And I'm going to do something unusual on this podcast. So I read this article and my head exploded, and I texted you and said, this is the most absurd self set arising article I've ever seen. So I just want to go through it literally, line by line. This is a major story in the Washington Post banner headline on Drudge and it is entitled We're just going to go through sentence by sentence. It's entitled how Biden leads Joe Biden's lonely battle to sell his vision of American democracy. In his presidency's final chapter, Biden has mused about whether he should have handled some decisions differently. And the guy who wrote this is a guy named Tyler Pager. We're going to come back to him later. So let's start earlier. This year, Representative James E. Clyburn met President Joe Biden at the White House to deliver a stern message Biden had to find a way to revitalize his flagging campaign. Clyburn who had been pivotal to Biden's twenty twenty victory, also made a confession about his own long standing belief that substance is more important than style and politics.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: I've come to the conclusion in recent days that I'm wrong about that, the South Carolina Democrat eighty four remembers, telling Biden the new environment that we currently live in, style seems to carry the day more than substance. Your style, he told the President, does not lend itself well to the environment we're currently in. Clyburne's conclusion, which was shared by anxious Democrats in the months before the president ended his reelection bid, undermined brought Biden's theory of presidential leadership. After Donald Trump's assent, Biden believed that he just needed to show Americans that traditional democracy still worked by listening, but two experts working with Republicans passing popular policies, and voters would rally around him. Right, let's stop there. Okay, so so far every word of this article, if this was written by the Biden Press office, it would not be any different. And this entire article is hagiography. This entire article is not journalism. It is not only trying to praise breathlessly as we're going to go through Joe Biden and cas tim as a mighty titan, but it is profoundly dishonest. So it starts with the frame that Biden's great success is on substance, not style. And the obvious implication of which we're going to get more is that all Trump has his style. There's no substance. That's the obvious implication. Let's take this last sentence after Donald Trump's assent, Biden believed he just needed to show Americans that traditional democracy still worked.
Speaker 3: We're going to get more into democracy a second.
Speaker 2: By listening to experts, working with Republicans and passing popular policies. All right, what experts did he listen to? He did not work with Republicans. Every damned thing he passed he rammed through on a vicious party line vote. He used budget reconciliation over and over again with no Republicans and passing popular policies. Nobody helped Donald Trump get elected more than Joseph Robinette Biden Junior, because his policies were so incredibly unpopular.
Speaker 3: All right, let's keep going back to the article.
Speaker 2: Quote he succeeded in phase one of his plan? Did he now enacting legislation, much of it bipartisan, to reshape the nation's infrastructure, revive the semiconductor industry, and fight climate change. Let's be clear the climate change. The Inflation Reduction Act was a straight party line vote rammed through in reconciliation. But phase two never happened. The truth of Biden's presidency is that he has failed in what, by his own count, his most important mission, making Trump's presidency seem like an aberration. Quote he governed through traditional processes and institutions, said Julians E. Zellezer, a moron presidential historian at Princeton University. It doesn't say moron, but you're going to see that everything this guy says. I know he's sadly a professor at my alma mater. He's a complete moron. Let's start with the traditional processes and institutions. There's nothing traditional about weaponizing the federal government to go after your opponents. There's nothing traditional about prosecuting and indicting the former president over and over and over again. There's nothing traditional and using the institutions about opening the border and having an invasion of our country. But here the good Princeton professor quote, it didn't change the picture where he started this anger in the electorate towards institution. This support for a pretty radical conservative vision that Trump embodied, it didn't do anything to end the very intense polarization that exists in this country.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The idea that Trump is a radical conservative is a bizarre idea. Trump ran on securing the border, bringing down inflation, standing with our friends, and defeating our enemies. That is that is very hard to characterize as a quote radical conservative vision. But hey, the Princeton professor says it, and the Washington Post breathlessly sports it. We're gonna go on, but give me your thoughts so far, then we'll go back to the article.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised that this is how they want to just rewrite history part of this and just be be so delusional. I am a little bit.
Speaker 3: It gets worse.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit shocked though. If they like you know how you're supposed to like proofread before you print. If you're reading what you just wrote. That you just read. I would think there would be a moment where you might be like, I don't know if this needs to see the light of day. Yet here it is. They put it out there.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's keep going because it gets much much worse. Previous articles in this series examine the pillars. Oh, they're so strong. The pillars, the pillars of Biden's leadership, how he absorbs information, how he makes decisions, how he communicates with Americans.
Speaker 3: They showed that Biden.
Speaker 2: Even at the peak of his glorious magnificent power, doesn't say glorious magnificent, but it's just implied, struggled mightily to communicated his decisions and vision. This article, based on interviews with more than two thousand people close to Biden, reveals the ways in which his theory of how to succeed in an era of American politics dominated by Trump fell apart in the final phase of his presidency, and how he's been publicly and privately rethinking whether he should have handled some decisions differently even some of his closest advisers without faulting. Biden conceded recently that his style of governing did not always mesh with today's politics. Quote, the president has been operating on a time horizon measured in decades, while the political cycle is measured in four years. Jake Sullivan, Biden's national security advisor, said, with his lips planted firmly on Biden's rear end. That last piece was my com Like, I want to go back in and listen to that sentence again. The president has been operating on a time horizon measured in decades, while the political cycle is made in four years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, kudos to the Biden White House for just having the hutzpah to say, oh, Biden's presidency would be hysteric, and you know, you really have to measure decades. Twelve million people invading this country. Four years is too short to measure it. We're going to screw up this country for decades, you know, undermining our allies, causing two wars, a war in Ukraine and a war in Gaza. Like, you're right, the the harm from Biden will last decades. But that's their entire spin. Well, yes, everything Biden did was profoundly unpopular because all of his policies failed, but he's really playing the long game. You foolish people don't understand this. This this misery.
Speaker 3: Is good for you. All right, Let's let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Sullivan added that Biden's accomplishments, by their nature, will take a long time to bear fruit. Quote how to govern it this moment to set the US up for long term success has one answer, and how to deal with midterm and presidential elections in the very short term might have a different answer. He said, the president went with doing things that really put America in a strong position. Ben, what the hell have they done to put America in a strong position in every.
Speaker 3: Part of the world.
Speaker 2: America is weaker today than when Joe Biden entered the White House. Like, this is absurd. And I got to say, the absurd thing We're gonna go back to this in a minute, is the Washington Post just publishes this drivel like its news. That there's not a moment of reflection, there's not a moment of facts, that there's not a moment of reality, And it's I mean, how do you react to that that, oh, he's playing the long game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there's two things here. One, there's a part of me that's like I can't believe it, And then there's another part of me it's like good, because if you don't learn from your losses, then you're going to repeat the same mistakes that you just made. And I think the Democratic Party learned nothing from November. Nothing from losing the popular vote, nothing from the resurrection of Donald Trump, from from two thy to twenty twenty four, nothing from weaponizing the government, nothing from overspinning and no accountability, and honestly nothing, They've learned nothing from having a president that quickly was incapacitated. So part of me is like good, Yeah, keep writing these types of articles because it's gonna help conservatives like you and I be able to be way more successful in getting this country back on track.
Speaker 2: Well, the Ben the Post just reported that he absorbed information like you know, some some sort of nobel you know, scientists, Like just all right, let's let's go back. As his presidency and his fifty year political career down far faster than he wanted, Biden's taken to acknowledging some strategic mistakes, both big and small. Many of those missteps resulted from his determination to restore the age old rules of the American presidency after Trump's term, a determination that many of his supporters in retrospect consider a politically fatal error. All right, so what are the age old rules of the American presidency that he returned to earlier this month in a speech on his economic legacy, Biden admitted he was stupid for not putting his own name on the pandemic relief checks his administration sent out in twenty twenty one. Yeah, that really was the problem. He just didn't sign the checks. Clearly, Kamala would have won if Biden had just signed those checks. That that was the pivotal issue.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I didn't see Joe Biden's name on those checks, so forget it. But hey, Trump, by contrast, made a point of signing his own relief checks in twenty twenty, and Biden suggested that Trump got more credit for the economic recovery because of it.
Speaker 3: Balderdawn.
Speaker 2: Biden acknowledged that he had quote screwed up. It is June twenty seventh debate against Trump. You think as he struggled to put together sentences and defend his policies as his rivals held forth with a series of falsehoods. Evil liar who I hate named Donald Trump. That is not there it's just implied and called him a criminal. He does not regret participating in the debate Justice performance that night. Now at this point, there's a breakout quote, and you know what the breakout quote is. It's Jake Sullivan saying the president is operating on a time horizon measured in decades, while the political cycle is measured in four years. So if you missed the central political spin from the White House, then well that's your problem.
Speaker 3: Let's keep going.
Speaker 2: He is also mused on changes in the media, arguing that he did not get enough credit for his accomplishments, especially on the economy, but inciting examples like Richard M. Nixon's nineteen sixty debate against John F. Kennedy, Biden has suggested that, like Nixon, he has struggled to a to a new media landscape. We pick what news we want to hear. It's a totally different deal, Biden said in a podcast interview this month.
Speaker 3: We've got to figure out how we deal with.
Speaker 2: This significant technological change. If Nixon was more accustomed to television, he wouldn't have perspired so much, and he would be president.
Speaker 3: When he beat Kennedy.
Speaker 2: I know that sounds silly, but think of the changes taking place. Where do you go what is true? We have no evidence anymore. I'm not sure how that gets resolved. The President and his aides have acknowledged that they struggled to communicate. See, that's the whole problem. The record was phenomenal. They just failed to communicate it. Struggle to communicate about the administration's efforts to lift the country out of the pandemic. Frustrated that even as the United States fared better than other countries, Americans did not feel the impact psychologically. You idiots, you're doing great. Why are you so dumb that you don't realize it?
Speaker 3: And now here's all right? Now?
Speaker 2: Remember so so far, there's two main themes that the Post has laid out. Number one, genius Biden is playing for the history books for the decades rather than the short term political cycles, so don't blame him for the disasters of his policies. But number two, that he wanted to restore the norms of the presidency and the norms of democracy.
Speaker 3: So this next paragraph is going to blow your mind.
Speaker 2: In private, Biden has also said he should have picked someone other than Merrick Garland as Attorney General. Well, no, kidding he was the most partisan and political attorney general in history, and to disgrace the Department of Justice. But no, no, no, no, no, that's not Biden's complaint. Biden quote complaining about the Justice Department's slowness under Garland in prosecuting Trump and its aggressiveness in prosecuting Biden's son Hunter, according to people familiar with his comments, so understand this great titan restoring the norms of the White House. His DOJ is the first Department of Justice to indict and prosecute a former president and a leading candidate for president who later got elected president in the history of our country. It's never been done. Under Biden, they did it twice. They absolutely weaponized the DOJ to go after his opponents over and over and over again. They weaponized the FBI. And his complaint is, damn it, they didn't do enough. They should have been more vigorous. They should have indicted him more. They should have indicted him faster. We should have we should have attacked him from day one. I mean it is. And by the way, everything I'm saying, there's not a word of that in this article that they don't acknowledge. No other d DOJ has indicted a president. They just report like a blinking doe eyed four year old. Well, his complaint was Biden didn't move fast enough. On the other thing, he was too aggressive in prosecuting Biden's son. Now, mind you, the Biden doo jay went to a court and tried to enter a sweetheart deal that Biden got a slap on the wrist in no jail time, and it was so egregious that the judge threw it out only after public scrutiny, including this podcast, which shined a great deal of light on it. But he still says that's too much to hold Hunter accountable. And by the way, the DOJ also bent over backwards to protect Joe Biden. It that paragraph may be the most astonishing paragraph of this entire article.
Speaker 1: You look at this article and I think there's three different points that I want to dive into with you. One, what was the real purpose of writing it? I'm still trying. I mean, I get the whole rewriting of history, but it's so extreme that I don't even think that many on the left could take this seriously or am I wrong? So let's start with that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they have the audacity to believe that they can, that they are, that the newspaper, the Washington Post, is the first draft of history. And as said that this is not journalism, that this is hagiography. The article continues, We've only done about the first third of it. I'm not going to continue reading the.
Speaker 3: Rest of it.
Speaker 2: It goes on to say how Biden modeled himself after FDR and I am just going to skip skip to the end because the end is every bit as absurd as the earlier parts we read. So here's the end of the article. To show that he respects the peaceful transfer of power. Biden is welcoming Trump, who openly challenged that transition. Biden has repeatedly directed his aides to do all they can to help Trump assume the presidency after years of calling Trump unfit for high office. Now, mind you, every day in the White House, Biden is doing everything he can to frustrate Trump coming in.
Speaker 3: So what is he doing? Number one? He pardoned Hunter.
Speaker 2: Biden, which we predicted on this Post podcast, because he does not want any accountability for the rampant lawlessness of his son and the corruption of selling access to himself Joe Biden. Number two he pardoned every single federal death row inmate except for the three most notorious. So of the forty, he parted thirty seven of them. Again, we predicted that it was absolutely brazen. Why because he knew Trump was going to actually carry out the law, and so he's trying.
Speaker 3: To frustrate that.
Speaker 2: Number three, he's selling off the border wall for five dollars a parcel because he doesn't want Trump to build the wall. Number four, he's grant considering granting wholesale pardons. He is actively trying to do by the way. Number five, Trump is that he wants federal workers to go back to work. So Biden is signing contracts collective bargaining contracts to make sure the federal workers can stay home because he wants to tie up the next administration on litigation. So but here, here's what the Post said. Biden has repeatedly directed his aides to do all they can to help Trump assume the presidency. Like what utter and complete garbage. And let me say something, Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post. Jeff Bezos should be ashamed of this garbage. If Jeff Bezos cared at all about the integrity of the Washington Post. This guy, Tyler Patron, I have no idea who this numbskull is. He should be fired. He is not a journalist anyone who writes this garbage that contains no facts, It contains no counterbalancing, countervailing side. It is simply if Madison Avenue were hired to come in and let's rewrite the Biden presidency to be exactly what we wanted it, they couldn't write it more ridiculous than this. And by the way, the editor who signed off on this should be fired as well. This is you want to know why nobody trust the media, It's because they publish garbage like this without even a tiny nod to facts or the simple reality that we just saw a overwhelming election where Trump won the popular vote of the seven battleground states, who won all seven, Like someone at the Post should say, gosh, maybe these incredibly popular policies that were so good for America, Maybe people really didn't like it. Maybe waging a war on oil and gas and driving up energy prices was a really bad idea and hurt a lot of Americans. Maybe undermining our allies, maybe giving Vladimir Putin a gift of waiving sanctions on Nordstring two and causing the biggest war in Europe since World War Two. Maybe that wasn't a great idea. Maybe sending one hundred million dollars to I Ran, who sends it to Hamas and Hansibala, who uses it to fund a war on Israel, the worst war on Middle East in fifty years. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. Maybe turning a blind eye and refusing to prosecute anti Semitic terrorists all across their protesters terrorists is too strong. But antisemitic protesters who threatened violence, Maybe that is a profoundly bad idea. Maybe watching the integrity half of America believes the FBI and the Department of Justice are completely unprincipled, because well they've been completely unprincipled. None of that that there isn't even the tiniest acknowledgment of facts. This is the Washington Post behaving in a way that I think everyone connected with this article ought to be thoroughly, thoroughly embarrassed. When your principle points are we're aiming for fifty years, not four. So as bad as our policies are in fifty years, will claim they were great, and Merrick Garland's problem was he wasn't political enough and he should have indicted Trump even more, and he should have covered up Biden's wrongdoings even more. And you don't acknowledge any like this is a load of crap that ain't journalism.
Speaker 1: Final question on this, because there's two articles now in about what an eight day span. One of them was an article that was written a couple of days ago encouraging Congress to stop Donald Trump and we mentioned on the show from becoming president, and then now you have this one. Is there a chance that the media has just gotten so radical and is so far gone now that they're actually just going to lose their influence over the American people because this is no longer even looking like journalism, and this is just two examples of just how insanely biased they are. Is that the blessing in disguise here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think there's no doubt that the reputation of journalism has gone down incredibly. You know, you see these these corporate journalists screaming about, you know, the American people are not journalists now. The fact Twitter or x has completely transformed it, where when they lie the facts come out immediately, and and and it drives these these liars crazy. Look, we've talked before about how Trump broke the media. This is this is an incredible example. And and by the way, look today in most corporate media outlets, there's going to be some ha giography of Jimmy Carter. You know what, I'm okay with that he lived till one hundred. It's the time of his pathing. I think you can be respectful to people when they pass Now, mind you, the media never is to Republicans, but set that aside. It's one thing to do it when someone passes away. It's another thing to do it when you they're just ignoring reality that the American people rejected the obvious and incredible failures of the Biden policies. And it's not even that they don't include it. Much of what they say in the article is exactly the opposite of reality. So when you hold Joe Biden up as a paragon of returning to norms, look look on our open borders. No president in the history of this nation, none has had a lawless policy of simply defying federal immigration law and releasing the people they apprehend That was a massive issue in this election. They don't acknowledge it at all. Instead, they say he's a champion for democracy. This is at the same time they're arguing to hell with democracy, block Trump from becoming president. They went to court repeatedly, they tried to throw them in jail. They you know, we saw multiple Democrat officials across the country try to throw Trump off the ballot. Thankfully, the Supreme Court unanimously reverse that because you know, nothing says defending democracy like trying to stop damn pesky voters voting for your opponents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really You're right, It's incredible and I do think Trump, as you said, breaking the media is going to have an incredible impact on future elections. Not having to basically go up against a machine that has been as effective as the media has been. They have been basically being able to give billions of dollars in kind donations Democratic candidates, and they seem to be losing that influence. Let's hope it keeps going that way. Don't forget We do this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday's. Hit that subscriber auto download button and make sure you write us a five story review if you would. Wherever you listen to this podcast and Tho's in between days, grab my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcasts. I'll keep you up to data to date on the latest breaking news as well and the Senate and I will see you in twenty twenty five. Be safe out there on New Year's Eve and we'll see then