Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, September nineteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show where we're just happy not to be on irs.
Speaker 2: Me and man m G.
Speaker 1: Marcus Grant jointed by Michael Left Florio and Lakwan Jones. I would assume that neither of you, gentlemen, have avoided the injury bug Florio in your fantasy leagues.
Speaker 3: No, I have one team where my entire like, I have Tua and AJ Brown and Pachecko and Cup and it's just like, yeah, AJ Brown, Pachecko and Cup probably my three midst drafted players this year. So that tells you how my teams are looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about you, Lakwan, I imagine you're in a similar situation.
Speaker 4: Very similar situation with you know, Cooper Cupp banged up, T Higgins still not playing, and then the running back situation is a mess as well, where heem mostered out. It's like scrambling to the wire to get a cam makers right now, ladies and gentlemen. So that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I am at the point where I'm putting guys in the lineup like hoping that makes them healthy, just magically, Like if I just put Kenneth Walker back in here, he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, Like, that's that's where I am at. Yeah, No, that's not how that works.
Speaker 4: Like when you have no food in the fridge and you keep opening going to then there's still no food.
Speaker 2: Now that that's not going to fix it. Got purple stuff, Sonny d all that stuff back there.
Speaker 1: We are going to go through some of our week three calls are superlatives. Our guys maybe that are sleepers and the guys that we are giving one more chance to.
Speaker 2: But our story that we want to start with.
Speaker 1: There was video that surfaced on Wednesday of Jordan Love at practice walking around on the field. He is reportedly working at practice again on Thursday. The Packers and Jordan Love are saying that he's hopeful that he can play this week against the Tennessee Titans, which would first off, deprive us of a Malik Willis revenge game.
Speaker 2: Look, Floyda, there's a big part of me that thinks this is.
Speaker 1: Gamesmanshipped by the Packers that they just want to give Tennessee just something else to plan for. But let's say that there is some truth to this and that Jordan Love can get out on the field if he plays for the Packers, Can you trust him in a lineup for you?
Speaker 2: I would not.
Speaker 3: I just think like, look, they said six weeks. Even in the video we saw yesterday, he looked like he was still walking a little gingerly. I think it's a lot of gamesmanship personally, Like they were saying that he might play last week and we know he didn't. I don't know to me, the risk of re injury or the risk of him just not playing well, especially when there's a lot of quarterbacks that have recently hit off the waiver wire, like Baker Mayfield, like Derek Carr. You needed a guy and these guys have hit, so I think you could continue to just ride with that and see it first for one game. By the way, I don't know if you guys saw how Malik Willis answered that question yesterday with it him by the way, yeah, they asked me it was a revenge game. I am rooting so hard for Malik Lewis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you didn't see the answer, he was basically like no, He's like they took a chance on me. He's like, I'm grateful they treated me well, they gave me an opportunity. He's like, I have no hard feelings. It's not a revenge game.
Speaker 3: My favorite part was he said, I'm pretty sure I got paid the whole.
Speaker 2: Time that part of me life. I was like, you're not sure, Like, did you pretty sure the money hit the account?
Speaker 1: Right? You're pretty sure that therect deposits still hit every single week or every two weeks rather? I mean, okay, so you know, Lakwan, you got Florio saying that you know you can't trust Jordan Love in a lineup. But let's say you've got Jaden Reid right, or or you've got Christian Watson. Do you want a less than one hundred percent Jordan Love? Would you prefer that over Malik Willis? If you have a Packers wide receiver.
Speaker 4: I would prefer Jordan Love injured still playing against the Titans. I'm not sure Malik Willis playing against the Titans would be best fantasy production for Jaden Reid or Christian wattson Like, I really feel as though it's going to be a limited playbook. And what we saw last week was the Packs just running it down the Colts's throat. I don't think they can do that against this Titans defense, who are really tough against the run. So more so it's gonna be it's gonna be a game of just the unknown of what Malik Wilson they're gonna go out there and do against his Titans defense. It's more so of like like Florio was saying, I'm taking a step back some of those guys. You were able to get out the wire, the Baker mayfields, to Sam Darnolds, to Derek Carr, you know, off the way wire after week one, making the adjustments to your roster, so you kind of just rock with those quarterbacks. And if you made the adjustments last week with Jayden Reid, then you just kind of have to just wait and see how this all plays out and when Jordan Love's going to have the expected real timeline back into this offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I think after seeing what happened last week, I felt like Matt Lafleur did a really good job of playing to Malik Willis's strings, also sort of playing into the weaknesses of the Indianapolis Colts, because see, here's the thing about the Colts run defense, It's bad, and they really took advantage of that. I mean, even with God, even with knowing that Jordan Love probably wasn't going to play, and then you know, realizing that Malik will is going to be a quarterback, Josh Jacobs still ran for one hundred and fifty yards on Indy.
Speaker 2: Like that's a problem.
Speaker 3: I know we're gonna talk about other stuff. It just you saying how bad they are? Can we trust DeAndre Swift against them? This week?
Speaker 2: I got him as a sleeper. It's I got him as a sleeper.
Speaker 1: He's in my sleeper column this week, just because I think, I think one the Colts defense run defense is bad, but also the Bears have to do something to take pressure off Caleb Williams. You know, I've I've been I've I've really appreciated like all the tape grinders out there, all the film experts really going through and showing that Caleb Williams is making the right decisions at the line and really making some good choices. But because he has no protection, you know, as soon as the ball is snapped, it seems like he's, you know, trying to scramble out of pressure.
Speaker 3: Uh. I know, he has the most unblocked pressures and sacks taking this Yeah, unlocked, Like it's not his faults.
Speaker 1: I know everybody made a big deal of his body language when CJ. Stroud was talking to him. I'm like, that just looks like a man who just got beat the hell up?
Speaker 3: What do you expect him to be, bubb.
Speaker 4: Do you stop taking those hits? Like, dude, I can't.
Speaker 1: Everyone's saying his body language is bad. I'm like, yeah, man, he's just got sacks seven times. It was on the run, Like all of our body language will be bad, and.
Speaker 3: His body language look like you want to switch lines with.
Speaker 2: Me, I'll gladly do that. So, like I just I would read too much into that. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens with Jordan Love. I would not expect him to play. I think it's going to be another Moliku for this game. Then maybe week four we can revisit this whole conversation. But whatever, let's dive into some of the things we think will happen in this third week of the season. We will start off with Club Good.
Speaker 2: Let's go. We will be the top score.
Speaker 1: Let's go non quarterback top score in this one. Lakwan who is going big? In Week three?
Speaker 4: I'm going with King Henry. This is going to be a game where I feel as though this is going to put all the haters to bed about Oh he's not getting thirty touches. He doesn't need it, especially against this Cowboys defense where there allowing the second high and rushing EPA on defense and that's leading to a lot of scoring drives. And this is a lot of opportunities that's going to be on the table for Derreck Henry to find his way into the end zone. He won't need twenty touches I think to have a great fantasy add in this week. But he is going to hit the top of the leader boards going up against his Dallas defense who are allowing the most rushing touchdowns right now. So I feel like King Henry or turns back into positive, positive energy here out on the Twitter streets. I'm not talking down on King Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and last week we saw them really deemphasize Lamar Jackson in the running game, but we know they.
Speaker 2: Still want to run the football.
Speaker 1: So I think that means a lot of Derek Henry in Miami Floria. We're still waiting to see Raheem Moster. He's another one of those guys I'm just putting him back in the lineup, hoping that magically that heals his chest injury.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime, we know Devon a chance still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is going to eat. I think he will be the top scorer this week just because of volume lake Last week, in a game where Tua got hurt and they were getting blown out, they continue to force feed him the ball twenty two carries. He had a team high seven targets, seven catches. He was their top receiver. I think their Miami offense is going to one be a lot more run heavy, whether like with most are there. I think both of these guys could eat because I'm expecting just a lot more running the ball. But I also think, I know it's something you were talking about with John new Smith. I don't think they're gonna let Skyler Thompson or ask him to air it out like he's too. So they're gonna try to generate a lot of short, quick touches and you do that to your speedy guys, and Devon chan is one that we know they will generate touches for in the passing game. We saw it last week, so uh yeah, I know we were all a little bit low on him right now. Through two weeks that's not looking great. And with two out, I just think they're gonna continue to force feed the run. That would not be a surprise to me at all. And we saw in the first couple weeks him getting involved in the passing game too, catching the football, So that's also an option to help Skyler Thompson out as well. Lakwan earmuffs because Jordan Mason is going to have himself a day against the Rams.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, let's just let's just be honest here.
Speaker 1: The Ram defense has been bad the first two weeks, and it is very apparent how much they miss both Aaron Donald and Ernest Jones. The first couple weeks of the season, teams have been running the football effectively. Yeah, and the Niners are short handed, right, no Christian McCaffrey, no Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 2: They're really beat up.
Speaker 1: I think a way to sort of counteract all that is to just run the football. And we know that Kyle Shanahan really has no problem with running the football, establishing the run, you know, and depending on how this game goes, maybe it's Jordan Mason closing things out in the fourth quarter as well.
Speaker 2: Floria.
Speaker 1: You mentioned on Fantasy Live earlier in the week that all other forty nine er running backs have a grand total of four combined snaps. It is all Jordan Mason, all the time against a front, defensive front that's really trying to figure itself out.
Speaker 2: I think he has a really, really big week.
Speaker 4: I'm waving the white flag right now, as you can see.
Speaker 1: I mean, this isn't even me, This isn't even me taking a shot at the rams. This is just looking at what is just kind of imagining what is going to be my start.
Speaker 3: Sid is just filled with forty nine ers this week? Yes, like why would it now be?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, there's we've reached the part of the season we can figure out defenses to target. And you know that the Washington secondary, who are There's there's a few other ones in there that we figured out we can just we can just target right now the Panthers in general. Diving into some more of our Week three suggestions here and we've got the snore Lax. It is our favorite Week three sleeper. And I'm sorry, LaQuan, did we flash back to Week one?
Speaker 2: What's what's happening? With your sleeper. What's going on here?
Speaker 4: I'm going to Alan Lazard as my sleeper man. I think this is going to be an opportunity for him to be a security blanket for Aaron Rodgers. He has he's stuck in the mud. He ain't getting out of the pocket, he's not extending the place, keeping these drives alive. So he's gonna look for a guy that's going across the middle with a familiar face, and that's Alan Lazard. He has a twenty two percent target share right now, and he has a decent, solid, you know, chemistry with Aaron Rodgers, and believe it or not, he's actually getting the opportunity to score. So we're all assuming that, you know, Garrett Wilson would be blanketed by Marcus Jones or Christian Gonzales or whatever the case may be. So strong secondary, but when we look in the red zone, you're looking at Garrett Wilson having a lower target sher than Alan Lazar is a little frightening.
Speaker 2: For me right now.
Speaker 4: For a guy that's supposed to be your alpha, so he's going to be the guy that can possibly be the security blanket. It's probably going to be Breist Hall or Alan Lazar bailing Aaron Rodgers out on Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 1: Mike Garrett Wilson shares one a dislike button for that take. I'm I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just like it's not been great for Garrett Wilson and that doesn't make me feel confident. So the next guy, you're sleeper here, Flora, I guess we are contractually obligated to mention this guy at least once a show. So we've checked the box. Here, we filled our.
Speaker 3: QUARTERA going to do I put in parentheses unless Lakwan wants. I was like, I can't take him from you, But if you want to go Alan Lazard for some reason, sure I'll talk. I'll talk Greg Dorts. I just I think you want exposure to this game. Like, look at the Week three slate and there's a lot of games that like you kind of have to convince your could be good offensive games or something could happen. This is the one game on this late that you're like, points are going to be scored by both sides. And the thing is the Lions have allowed the most yards to receivers this year, the fourth most yards to slot receivers. We know that is where Greg Dortch makes his money. And then I mean, look what Cooper Cup did against him in week one, Look what Chris Godwin did in Week one. Those are guys who line up out wide and in the slot, they move around the field. Greg Dortch can do that for this offense. So maybe it's just a one week say. I don't know, but I will be with Lakwan at Dorschland this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think what I think what we saw last week, I mean when they went big to Marvin Harrison Junior, they didn't we didn't really see much of Greg Dortch, and it got to a point where it's just like, all right, well we're gonna just run the ball now, and so you didn't really need him.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's gonna be the case this week.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be back and forth between those two teams, and I do think Greg Dorch is gonna be back in there and get some more opportunity this week. I'm going defense, because you know a lot of leagues still play with defenses and DSTs, and I'm going with the Packers. I'm going with the packers. Defense. People contain multitudes, right, and Will Levis is a lot of things. Boring is not one of them. If I were a Titans fan, he is exciting in the worst way possible, But for the rest of us, he is exciting in the most hilarious way possible. He had that weird sort of pitch fumble last week where you had Brian Callahan afterwards asking what the bleep are you doing? I mean, Brian Callahan was all of us watching Will Levis, like, what the bleep are you doing out there? There seems to be at least one of those moments every single week with Will Levis. I think if I looked at it, if I remember correctly, and I could be misstating this stat I looked it up. I think it's thirteen career starts for Will Levis and he's got like like seventeen or eighteen giveaways.
Speaker 2: It's more than one per game.
Speaker 3: I said yesterday, He's like he reminds me of rookie year Josh Allen, just not as good Alan was doing and all of these weird things, and it was like, if he could stop that, he could be really good. Will Levis just doesn't have the highs right exactly. I mean people have seen the mean lately.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like he's got a green goblin mask, like whispering in his ear. But like Josh Allen has that green goblin mask, but he'll still go out and like every now and then, like you know, the the Norman Osborne.
Speaker 2: Part shows up and it's like, don't do that. That's not good.
Speaker 1: Will Lovis just has the goblin mask and no other side to be like, hey man, maybe don't do that. Like so I think I think the packers. The packers get a couple of takeaways, you can get a couple of sacks. I liked them as a nice sleeper defense.
Speaker 3: I know this would throw us off if we really got into it, but that green Goblin specifically is my favorite Spider Man villain.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I mean yeah, I agree. No, you know, I am something scientists myself.
Speaker 2: You can do this to me.
Speaker 1: Finally, we have what I'm calling the one forty five am. Guys, it's last call. The lights are coming, the lights are coming on. You're trying to get that last drink. They're starting to play semi sonic closing time. They're telling you you got you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: Guys were sort of at the end of the rope, like it happens this week or wet. We gotta find a way to move on. Who is that for you, Lakwan.
Speaker 4: It has to be Zach Moss. This is a pick me up game, you know, going against his commander's defense. Like I was happy to see him find the end zone in the third quarter last week, but man, that really saved his week. Like we're getting mediocrere numbers from him, and if you're going to be getting this full on workload because he's taken over seventy percent of the snaps, Chase Brown is not even being involved as much as we all thought he was. And for the fact that he's taking one hundred percent of the third down snaps, he's not even getting enough targets out of that back roode. He's running all these routes, but he's not getting these looks. So there's not much production in all his usage where it's like, man, we need Zack Moss to be utilized more. If you're not more in the passing game, if you're not going to be using Chase Brown, So that's a little annoying there to where like they're basically not performing at a high level that we thought they were going to be performing in the ashing game. So I just need more from Zack Moss on this pick me up. I need at least like fifteen Fantasy points against his beat out commander's defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious to see how this works. I mean, maybe he gets some run. I think they're gonna throw the ball a lot this week. I like Joe Burrow, t Higgins maybe back as well. I'm very curious see what happens in the second half, whether or not we see more Zach Moss. Still a little bit stinging because I thought Chase Brown was the guy that you really wanted in that backfield, and that is that is absolutely not been the case through the first two weeks. Speaking of running backs, you got a running back that you are pretty much at wits.
Speaker 2: Ends with Florio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this is the week he makes up for it. But it's sa mere White. If Zamir White does not have a good game against the Carolina Panthers, I'm fine dropping him.
Speaker 2: Like if you can't produce in.
Speaker 3: A game like this where game script should be on your side where the team has been ran all over, not just in weeks one and two, but all last season as well. Like the Panthers defense, as bad as their offense is, I'm willing to bet that if they played eleven on eleven, the offense probably wins beats the defense more than not in Carolina. And if again, like Zamir White, I understand two week one, it was bad game script. Last week we saw.
Speaker 2: Him get a little bit more involved.
Speaker 3: Antonio Pierce continues to say he wants to get him more and more involved. But if it doesn't happen this week and I'm starting him in the I didn't draft him a lot, but in like the league or two, I have him and I'm starting him. But again, if it doesn't work out, I'm washing my hands. And also, if any New Yorkers are listening, they're like one forty five last call, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I thought that. Like there are people in souther a few cities around the country, They're like, what do you mean one forty five were talking about that. Yeah, look, that's that's what it is. In a lot of places like here in Laws.
Speaker 3: I will say when I moved that was one of the biggest culture changes to me, that they're starting to turn the lights on at like they turned the lights on it.
Speaker 1: That's criminal. You gotta always give us so one forty five before you do that. Anyway, Amari Cooper, look, I knew the quarterback situation was going to be sketchy. I knew it wasn't gonna be great. I didn't think it would be this bad. I guess the upside is that he has been the king of unrealized air yards so far this season, So maybe if some of those start to connect, we'll feel a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: They got the Giants this week.
Speaker 1: If it cannot happen against the New York Football Giants, I don't know when it's gonna happen. For Amari Cooper and the Browns passing game, it's been bad. I got bounced in a guillotine league in Week two, partially because Amari Cooper has given us nothing so far this season. I mean, we keep trying to figure out where it's gonna come, you know, and David and Joke, who's been banged up, Jerry Judy's been nothing. Elijah Moore showed up somewhere out of nowhere. Mary Judy like, it's just it's been bad. It's been bad all year long for the Browns. But if this isn't the week it happens, then I completely wash my hands of the Amari Cooper experiment. Here in twenty twenty four, I'm trading him. I'm trying to do something to get him off my roster because I just don't want to. I don't want to stare at him anymore on my roster. If he can't get it done this week, we should start moving a segment because it's a really downar way to end the show. We should we should write flip fluff that, flip flove that in the Sleepers so we can get a little bit more of a positive note. But basically that is the end of the show. So that'll do it for This is in the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, save and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy Thursday Night football everybody, and we will talk to you tomorrow.