Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio A happy Sunday if you happen to live in a place like we live in where you flip the clocks back an hour, so a little extra sleep here on an NFL Sunday, Week nine of the NFL. Are we gonna sit here and talk about the NFL. Danny, No, no, no, you don't bury the lead, my man. That's right, my man. We are still in the afterglow. There's still some smoke in the air from the hoodlums in La there celebrating, but the Dodgers in Toronto last.
Speaker 3: Wait, I must be one of the hoodlums because I just shot off my last firework like an hour ago. I have not gone to bed.
Speaker 1: Yet you gotta go down to TJ and get some more. But the Dodgers have won the World Series in a improbable a team that was supposed to win. It looked like they were cooked in that game last night. So obviously a lot on that are in depth team coverage the morning after post mortem on another championship for the Dodgers. Nine World Series wins as a franchise, the Dodgers now moving into a three way tie for the third most franchised World Series wins all time. The only teams that have more are what the they think the Cardinals and Yankees? Right, I believe that's it? So yeah, the Dodgers. Some of those were in Brooklyn, but who cares about that. Let's focus in Danny g on what was wacky?
Speaker 3: That's funny because you don't give the Lakers credit for that Minneapolis title.
Speaker 1: Well though nobody watched the NBA back in those his baseball was popular when but Will Smith Will Smith homering in the eleventh any last night, Miguel Rojas who sucks connecting on home run to type embarrassing for the Blue Jays. So the Dodgers win Game seven, five to four.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, though Mickey doesn't suck. I think he was the key to the comeback and everything that happened in Game six and seven, because if you recall, who was the lone man standing on the dugout steps. Yeah, well, after that horrid loss in Los Angeles, there was one man who seemed to care more than every other Dodger and his name was Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's fine, and I'm happy he hit the home run at all. He's not a great player, but this and the Dodgers they're three nothing. They always say, don't you can give up a run in a closeout game, but if you give up a crooked number where it's like two or three runs, you're usually porked at that point. And the Dodgers were down three to nothing early in the game, and then they got closed. It was three to two, and then the Blue Jays got another run.
Speaker 3: It was three to one, and then four to two, and you know who that for them? The baseball gods did not take fondly to Clement and his pussy leg up slide into home plate.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the Dodgers got out of a bases loaded jam in the ninth also, and so they are the first National League team to repeat since the nineteen seventies Reds, the Big Red Machine and then the Yankees in the American League in the late two thousands. But the Will Smith home run off Shane Bieber into the Blue Jays bullpen there, and that was the first time the Dodgers had a lead, and it was in the eleventh inning, and then it still looked like they were gonna f up Danny after that. So as we talk about this, what are you going to remember from the twenty twenty five Dodgers World Championship here? And I mean the champagne is still being popped from Toronto to Malibu to Tokyo and everywhere in between here. But I guess for me, it's that they were supposed to win. They won, all the payroll, the players being pampered, the private jets, all that stuff. They probably had a sushi chef on one of the planes carving up whatever. But you know, they won, and that's they were supposed to win. They did what they were supposed to do. And the other thing too, And I mentioned this on yesterday's podcast, Danny, and it's accurate. Will Smith, not the slapper, the catcher, goes men in black in Toronto, and that home run was the neuralizer that thanks to that home run by Will Smith, that dinger, everyone's gonna forget about how bad Otani pitched, how bad Snell pitched. Blake Snell had an ERA of six point nine two. We actually came in Game seven in relief Otani.
Speaker 3: Some quick note on Snell though, one good little spot there, and then when Roberts decided to stay with him. Thank god Snell was bad enough to make way for Yamamoto, because if Snell had just been mid that could have spelled the end for Dodger fans and the Dodgers, because if he had just been good enough to have Roberts keep him in until the Blue Jays eked out the win. So I'm glad that Snell sucked just enough the second time he got on the mound there.
Speaker 1: That was a good kind of suck there for Snell. So but think the Dodgers win the World Series. Snell ended up with a six ninety two ERA in the World Series, which went down by the way, he was over ten. He was over ten at one point. O'tani on the mound just as a pitcher had an ERA of seven point seven to eight in the World Series. But Will Smith with that neuralizer, people will forget about that. They'll also forget Mookie Betts batter at a buck thirty eight in the World Series, won thirty eight one three of.
Speaker 3: Their I'll remember Bets double play there to end it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, listen, he had won the game six hit, he drove in a couple runs there.
Speaker 3: How about pas not even being able to pop the ball up to the outfield to get the sacrifice run. But prior to that, obviously, when he was switched in for defense, what a fricking play there. He basically pushed Kik out of the way. To me, that was the pinnacle of that game, which was one of the most exciting Game sevens in baseball I've ever seen. But I think we got to go back to the eighteen inning marathon. You made a great point by giving Will Smith some kudos. The other thing that kind of goes unnoticed is Will Smith pot all eighteen of those innings. They laughed on the broadcast the following day. They said that Dave Roberts went up to him and said, Hey, how you feeling, And He's like, I'm fine. Why why you ask, But remember their fat catcher on the blue Jays. He didn't make all eighteen innings. They had to use two catchers there for the blue Jays. Will Smith is a robot just as much as Yamamoto is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got He's my favorite blue Jay though Christian Kirk, because he just doesn't look like a baseball. But he's like a big fat they're not big fat guy, a little fat guy.
Speaker 3: But I liked that.
Speaker 1: He's a good thing.
Speaker 3: He's Chris Farley, fat guy in a small jet.
Speaker 1: I actually I was texting some people. I kind of like that guy. He's like I wish he was. Dodgers won't have a catcher for a while because Will Smith signed forever and he's I don't know how many more years he's going to play. But man, so the Dodgers win the World Series, all the all that stuff, as we said, Otani, the batty, ra Snell, gookie bets, all that stuff goes out the window. And also what would have happened as we predicted yesterday in a previous episode of the Fifth Hour podcast Danny, is that all the talk about you know they were pampered, Yeah, they were pampered. They were absolutely pamped. They were coddled. It was a country club set up. The Dodgers had the first team ever to have two planes on the road. Everyone else in pro sports has one plane and they had two, and so it's goot Yoshinobu Yamamoto was absolute nails, big balls, ninety six pitches on Friday, came back yesterday less than twenty four hours later, got out of that basis loaded jam in the ninth and you know the.
Speaker 3: Sort of told Ju last weekend, Nolan Ryan like nowadays most pitchers are little cry babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ends up with an ERI of one o five one point five in the World Series, and that is like a monk meditating on the mound watching him pitch it. So you're always skeptical and it's still gonna end up being a disaster at the end. He signed for three hundred and twelve twenty five million for twelve year years, right, so I mean this guy the back.
Speaker 3: They're going to get their money back next season on him, the same way they did on Otani.
Speaker 1: Right away, I'm just saying, like when the last five years are not going to be pretty, But who cares about that? Right now? We don't care about that.
Speaker 3: And it's going to be our kids problem exactly. And I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the cheating acts stroke.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I was very pleased that not only was George cheater springer hobbling around out there, he walked off the field a loser, a loser.
Speaker 3: And then but Rob, how about that little baby Jimenez?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, Well he started the bench is clear. He was trying to get hit by the pitch and then you get called out on it, and then he got defensive and then everyone goes running out of the bullpens, which is like the dumbest thing of all time and all that stuff. But there you go, so Yamamoto, quiet efficient, no drama, just dominated on the mound and more sports amnesia there. But wait there's more. But wait, there's more, more strikeouts, more pop ups, more more weekly hit one hoppers, back to the moud and the the jinks of Drake will live on the jinks of Drake. And also I saw some stuff. I saw some stuff after the game last night, Danny, where people saying, well, remember when Vladimir Guerrera showed up wearing that Austin Matthews sweater earlier in the playoffs and see see he wore he wore an Austin manual Toronto Maple Leafs guy, And so that was the equivalent of wearing like a Titanic life vest before boarding your Carnival Cruise Lines ship and all that. So the the Blue Jays are done, the Dodgers are the champions of all and the Blue Jay's new nickname the Toronto Blue Jays. See it's blue, but.
Speaker 3: Are the champions? All right? Have one last thing for you, because I want to see how you're going to deal with this later tonight, early Monday morning when you're on the network. Yeah, I had one picture. I didn't do a lot of tweets, but I did one picture. I busted Rob Parker's balls. That was fun. You can go to at Danny G Radio to see that. And then I just put an MVP picture of Yamamoto. Christopher Lee aka Spacoli replied back with a picture of that wedged ball and next to the wedged ball is a big asterisk. All the trolls are gonna blame that on the Blue Jays losing the series? What say you?
Speaker 1: I say those people can go eat a shit, Sam, which that's what I say, Danny G Please, my God of all things, the Blue Jays had the lead for ninety nine percent of that game and efed it up and it wasn't because of that play. It's absurd, But that's why everything every time.
Speaker 3: That ball did come to a dead stop wedge in between Yeah, the turf in the in the patting there. So I don't think you could say I love how people are posting pictures of that Mets play where the ball was underneath the fence that clearly wasn't wedged. The ball in Game six was wedged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, if that's where you're going find, you know, let's overlook all the incompetence of this rond oblivion. Spaccoli ought to worry about his Steelers. In fact, I want to get to the mailbag because his email he sent me a couple of messages. Why don't we get why don't we get on al in here and we'll get right to the mail bag.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's all right, This is a great jumping off point, Danny G. So Spaccoli, the aforementioned Spaccoli, was upset with me. He wanted he was upset. I wasn't active on social media. I wasn't on Twitter. He wanted some snarky World Series tweets, he said, and he sent me a message an email, and then he was like, I guess he had posted this stuff on Twitter. And so my take on that, I would like to address this because every once in a while I get this, I like.
Speaker 3: Well, are you not?
Speaker 1: You should be on social media during the game and all that. So Spaccoli's all bent out of shape that I did not live tweet Game seven in the World Series, Like, oh my god, this is horrible. I didn't give away my content for free on x what that is a national tragedy, Like seriously, god forbid that we just watched the game like human beings. I don't need to monetize the hot takes there. And why would you pay for the cow? Isn't that the line Dan we used to hear that work kids. Why would you pay for the cow when you get the milk for free? We got to save the a material for the podcast for the radio show. That is a business move, Spacoli. You don't tweet your talking points, your monologue, whatever before you go on the air. That would be like leaking a set list before the concert, like you. No, if you want to whine, you can wind. We are in the pay to play business here. It is the matrix of the media. And if you want to play blue pill red pill, the blue pill is live tweeting for clout. The red pill is cashing checks behind the microphone. Now, I choose the red pill every once in a while, I'll give a free sample out, I'll do the blue Pill every once in a while, and I'll do an ask Ben now and again and all that stuff. But you know, not logging into x to please Spacoli. That's not my life's work here. I like to stay in Wonderland, where the ratings are and where we get paid. Now, if the company wants to pay us to go on social media, I am more than happy to go on there. If there's a check involved in it, I will go on there all the time. But generally speaking, they don't pay us. In fact, more times than not, the the social media platforms will get you in more trouble than the radio show will. So that's my take on that. But uh yeah, I'm happy the Dodgers won. I wasn't on I was watching. I was you know what I do, Danny now, and I've determined, I've I've got a kind of a core group, and there's a lot of few text messages to go around, you know what I mean, Daniel, You're you're texting your friends and you're going back and forth. Well if that guy f that guy, and then you're you know, the stuff that you might send out on social media. But I just do it in a tight circle of people that are around, you know, in my in my circle, and that's it. And I'm fine with that, and I don't need to put it all out there on social media in real time. So there you go. But Cooley, knock yourself out, all right.
Speaker 3: I wedge your balls into a fence.
Speaker 1: Exactly a Scott from Florida Rights and it says, Hey, Ben, I'm not sure if you saw the video of the Hurricane Hunter's plane hitting turbulence as it flew into Hurricane Melissa's I this week, for the AI in the world, for all the AI of the world, it still seems like ten to fifteen people are needed to fly that version of the vomit comet into the eye of the hurricane to take measurements. Do you think you could handle that flight as a passenger if they offered you a seat, or would you pass on taking the flight for science? Well, first of all, Scott, I'm pretty low on the list of people they would ask. I don't think I'm right near the top. I've only been on a couple of flights knock on wood here that have had serious turbulence, and really only one that was really like I thought I might vomit or something like that, But for the most part it's only been minor turbance, So I don't see any reason to do that. If I had a chance to go to the Moon and it was safe, I might go do something like that. Yeah, I'm good. I don't need to go on the actual vomit commet. I see the vomit commet every postseason in baseball. I saw Toronto ride the vomit comment on Saturday night, their bullpen and some of their bats riding the vomit commet. And next time we see the vomit commet will be the college football playoff, and then the NFL playoffs, and then the NBA and then the whole thing. So what about you, Danny, would you want to go on a hurricane flying plane? A plane that flies into the eye of a hurricane. Is that something that has any any interest to that?
Speaker 3: Danny? This kind of reminds me too. You took the same tour I did of the coast line there in Kawaii. Yes, what is that? Nepali?
Speaker 1: The poly coast the most beautiful place I've ever been on God's Green Earth in the poly coast.
Speaker 3: Yes, I took a helicopter ride over that coastline. Amazing and scary at times. So to then want to go into a helicopter or a plane that goes into a storm on purpose and I'm cool on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's a little much, but I'm glad people are willing to do it. Imagine when you get to the eye of the hurricane, everything's calm like okay, but then you know you have to go out. There's no there's only one way out, and that's going back through the hurricanes.
Speaker 3: So all right about flying into the Bermuda Triangle though, to finally figure what the hell that was all about, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We really haven't heard anything about that in years, right, Remember when we were kids, it was that was a massive thing, the Bermuda Triangle. When's the last time something did they must have figured something out on that, because we don't. I don't recall hearing anything about planes or boats vanishing in years. Am I missing something? Maybe it happened? And I yeah, interesting, alf from the Smurf Kitchen says, what's the best way to reheat aluminum foil in the microwave? Well, unfortunately, alf our friend Lorena is not available, but I'll send her a text message and see what's what's going on. She heated up a sandwich the other day, Danny and she had a nice, delicious sandwich and she put it in the microwave there and she walked away and the things started smoking, and apparently the sandwich was covered in hidden aluminum foil. Made quite quite the scene there at the Smurf Kitchen in Sherman Oaks. Quite the scene apparently.
Speaker 3: So were there flames.
Speaker 1: From what I was not in the room, but from when I am told there were some flames that popped up a little bit, so yeah, yeah, nice, Yeah, generally you try to avoid that, but do you know yeah ferg dog and Fullerton writes in on the mailbag. He says, greeting's been and Danny g Ben you said some something on your award winning radio show this week. That couldn't be more true. You said, if you get a king size candy bar while trick or treating on Halloween, you'll remember that even when you're fifty. Yeah, I told this story, I said before Halloween, Danny. I said, if you want to be the coolest person in the neighborhood, and you truly want to touch the lives of children in a very subtle way, that will last for thirty forty years of their lives when they're adults, and they will tell the story to their kids that they were trick or treating this list old dude gave out full size Snickers bars, you know, king size. And then with Ferg Doog says, there was a house at the end of the of mice eat growing up, they gave out full or king sized candy bars and I'll never forget it. Never. They had a son named Elliott. I hope he's carrying on the family tradition now. Ferg Dog also says, you mentioned Ronda ROUSI a story that you didn't have time for. Could you please tell it now, Danny g and the rest of the world would love to hear it. I don't know that Danny g wants to hear it, but I'll go back and tell the quick version, the thumbnail recap for fer Dog. So this goes back roughly fifteen years, maybe a little shorter than that, maybe a little longer than that.
Speaker 3: So just the time she told you if you could pit her in the ring, she would sleep with you close.
Speaker 1: So I was doing a show with, of all people, Chris Myers. I could because I care. Oh, oh, the great Chris Myers. I was sitting in for Brian Cox, who used to be a linebacker in the NFL and hated my guts.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Christ think you could say that word on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Myers and me, we're hanging out doing the show, and Ronda Rousi was doing a round of media. This is before women's UFC became really a thing, and she was like this curiosity, Danny. Remember when Ronda Rowsi came on the scene, she was like a beautiful woman and was like, whoa beautiful woman likes the violence? You know, that's kind of odd, what's going on. She was doing a lot of media, trying to build her stuff up even bigger, and as she was becoming a star and a day before she came on the show, she was in studio like Ronda came in. She lives in At that time, she lived in LA. I think she was from Riverside, but she was in LA and she the day before had gone I guess as viral as you can. Fifteen years ago she had done an interview with Jim Rome literally like a day before You're a Pig. And you might remember this, Danny, because it made a big story at the time. She had said that before fight, she tried to have as much sex as she could. As I remember that, yeah, yeah, it was a big story. It's like, whoa dude, what's up? Because you know, for always, for time out as long as I can. So I's like, man, don't have sex before a big game. It's going to dr energy and all that stuff. Well, she was like, I was a woman, I want to have as much sex as I can. And so we had her on in studio the next day. So we're like, oh, this is gonna be cool. We're going to follow up, you know, because the thing went all over place. So we asked her me and Chris and she she she didn't want to talk about it. She got very shy and It turns out the reason she didn't want to talk about it for Dog and Danny was because her younger sister was with her, and she was embarrassed to talk about having sex because her younger sister was with her, even though she had just talked about it the day before. It was very bizarre.
Speaker 3: But well, I guess that she didn't know whether or not her little sister was tuned into the Rome show. But I guess if the sister was like right there with her. Yeah, she's trying to be a good role model. Yeah, my god. But the bad timing because we both had situations where an athlete was being interviewed and they were giving like one word answers. It's the worst.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's like you're questioning what did you do? Life choices? Loser? All right, who's next to the mailbag? Let's go. We have Kwang from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. He writes in and says, hey, big Ben and Danny g He says, Ben, I haven't heard this on the radio show. Have you ever run down your complete list of nicknames in the air everywhere? Well, that's a great point. I don't do it much on the radio. Anymore. No, I really should. Danny I have more nicknames than anyone on radio.
Speaker 3: I think that's up to sixty eight nicknames on fifty Oh lord, Marcy, I'm still trying to celebrate here, and you're now you're giving me an upset stomach.
Speaker 1: What better way to celebrate than just enjoying the role. It's not a list, by the way, Terry in England, it's not a list. This is a rundown, a big board of nicknames. I have been called Danny g oh No. I have been called Spinmaster, miss Information, the banning Broadcaster, the Beethoven of bs. Benny Bingo, curmudgeon of commentary, the Chasm of sarcasm, the Czar of Zany, the dark Knight.
Speaker 3: Of weak Night, the Tar of zany, Ogel.
Speaker 1: Of Mischief, Benny, the brazen King of zing, money Ball Maller, Benny the bopper that's appropriate after Dodgers just won another World series. Facetius Fox, Sultan of insulting, the Shaman of schadenfreude, the Sensitive Sniffer, the jumping Jack of wisecrack, insight over Overnight not Yet medicine Man Mallard, the Nabob of negativity, the Sage of outrage, the pinnacle of senecal prince, a preposterous professor of propaganda, Huzzar of hyperbole, the floating turd of the spoken herd, and the mad Hatter of sports chatter. And that's only half my nicknames.
Speaker 3: And it would be rude, like the eighteen inning game in the World Series.
Speaker 1: No, this would be rude, though I mean this this guy every week, Quang from Vietnam. It would be wrong not to do the full big board. And so I'm also known Danny G.
Speaker 3: You didn't know, please do come on. We have Blue Jays fans that are also listening. Oh, and you're making their weekend even worse.
Speaker 1: They're not listening. We have the Baron of Balderdash, Big gall Bladder, Bennis the Menace, Benny beat Down, Captain knee Jerk, Duke of the north Woods, General of degenerous, the Tycoon of teas, Master of Disaster, the hustler of Philibuster, night Light of night Life, Pummeler of producers, Benny Brightside, Manate of insanity, Marconi Maller, Moneyline, mallor Masshole, Mallard, shout out mass whole, Mickey, Rest in peace, Emmas he gave me that nickname. Emissary of Embellishment, weak Night, Windbag, Wizard of Wacky, Slayer of Naysayers, Grand Goober of gab, the Older Gark of Dark, the Tower of babbel On, Honest Adonis, Senator of Sarcasm, Nocturnal Colonel, the Underdog of monologue, and the last but NUMBERA, the Holy Pope of the Slippery Slope. There it is right there. How great is that this thing on? I haven't done that in a while. Thank you, Kuang. Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Ben sucks. How dare you all right?
Speaker 1: Next up on the mailbag, Reggie from Detroit writes in he says, sorry, I've been away, gentlemen, I was on vacation. Okay, it's allowed, Reggie. I think I think we're You can still email. I think ferg Dog and Alf still email while they're on vacation. Not that the people around them like that. Reggie says, there was a survey out recently said the number of close friendships the average American has has fallen to four. Ben and Danny, how many close friends do each of you have? Thanks Reggie. Back at work in Detroit. All right, Reggie, I'm gonna go close means long term, long term friend. That's kind of in the rotation. I would say, hey, I have I don't even think I have four. I only think I have three. I have a lot of fake friends. I have a lot of work friends, and like, work friends are cool, but as soon as you stop working together, you never talk to them again. You know, they're just they're they're they're work friends. They're friends because you have a job to do. And and there's people there's only people I'm friendly with that I get along with, but they're people that are not close. So to answer your question, Reggie, I think I am at three. I think I am only at three. What about you, Danny? How many close friends? Reggie in Detroit is dying to know?
Speaker 3: Are we counting our significant others?
Speaker 1: Well, they're they're contractually obligated to be your friends, so you know, you know what I mean, Like you're.
Speaker 3: You're in a big job. So I would say two from childhood and then maybe three from you know, being an adult. So i'd say five for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I have one from my high school days, that's my gambling buddy, and then I have two that I have picked up along the road of life. That I would say, really really good good friends, and that's that's pretty much it. I mean, I'm fine, I have casual people whatever. We'll check in all that. Scott from Northern Kentucky writes, and he says, Hey, Ben and Danny, hopefully you're reading this after the Dodgers have come back to win two games. But I am skeptical as they have returned. Are these sleepwalking ways in the middle of the season. Well yeah, you'd be very happy.
Speaker 3: Oh you be skeptical, you be wrong?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there you go, he says. First of all, what happened to the Ohio meet and greet just disappeared and was never mentioned again. Bad job by you. Yeah, So, Scott, we had some stuff worked out. We thought we had an agreement on a venue and some other logistical things, and then it all fell apart. And then there was also some stuff where there were some conversations we had not to get too much into how we make the hot dogs, but with Ben versus the penny, and there were some possibilities that that thing was going to get picked up by a network during the season. So I couldn't really commit to leaving because I had to be available for that stuff. So anyway, of course, all that did not work out. The deal that we had fell apart. I am still planning on going to see Dick in Ohio, Dick and Dayton, and hopefully we'll do something in the Cincinnati area, although I have a feeling we'll probably have to go right to Dayton to get a hold of Dick and Dayton and all that stuff. But I do plan on going once the weather gets better. Usually travel start traveling after the weather's bad here in LA but I normally start going on some road trips April. So plan on something here. And if anybody has a venue in the Cincinnati or northern Kentucky or Dayton area that would be interested, it's going to be a few months away, but reach out to us, let us know, and that'd be great. And he said, my question is this, if you had this is Scott. He says, if you had to choose either hollering James whoopee pie Blair or blind Scott to be handcuffed too for a week to get five million dollars, but the other two get lifetime golden tickets to the radio show, who are you choosing? And you can't quit because of the five million, He says, as always, I love the show, love the podcast. Mexican John Dutton is still a Loraina simp even if he blocked me on X for sending, So there you go. Okay, Scott from northern Kentucky. So Scott, I would choose to be handcuffed to hollering James. And here's why. I believe James is harmless. And he would sleep eighteen to twenty hours a day, so I'd only have to deal with him for four hours a day.
Speaker 3: It would be a lot of snoring involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for blind Scott, I have no chance. Do I want to be handcuffed to that? That lunatic And Blair's a lunatic also, so I don't. I'm good on that. I'm okay, let him call the show. That's that's it. But a five million I would. I would absolutely be handcuffed to hollering James for a week for five million, No problem about that. Kirk from Vegas writes in on the Fifth Hour podcast. He says, gentlemen, I know this is not coast to coast, but you know that means he's lying about that. He wanted to ask us about this object that has been making the Rounds in Nevada, says there was an object that crashed just outside Area fifty one's military base and five five weeks after and the crash has been covered up, both literally and figuratively. And George Knapp, according to Kirk, who's a regular on Coast to Coast, I think he hosted everyone on the weekends. George Knapp thinks the official story as told by the military is false. He said, this happened on September twenty third, and it was just outside the boundary of Area fifty one, and it was a crash retrieval. And so there's I don't know, what do you want me to add to that, Kirk. I'm sure there's all kinds of crazy stuff that would make your mind explode if you knew what would happened at Area fifty one.
Speaker 3: You know what, This gives me an opportunity to bring back up the Bermuda Triangle, Yeah, because I looked it up after we mentioned it, and it says there is no major breaking news regarding the Bermuda Triangle. So we were right about that. Recent scientific discussions, though, I focused on debunking the mystery with experts like oceanographer doctor Simon Boxel, suggesting rogue waves and other natural phenomena are the most likely causes for disappearances. So this whole thing here about rogue waves, buying that, come on, it's more than rogue waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how great?
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: The Area fifty one thing, if what Kirk is saying is accurate, I have no reason to say it's not accurate, is that that is a massive military base. They fly people in from Vegas out to Area fifty one and for whatever object crashed outside of the boundary. Imagine how pissed off the people inside were. Oh man, we're just uts, because they'll like shoot you if you get close to that checkpoint outside Area fifty one. You can't get anywhere near there. It's out in the middle of nowhere in the Nevada desert. And then and then the thing crashes outside. Anyway, what is next here? Blake from Encino Hey, down the road in Sino Man. Eh, there you go. That's a dated reference, right next door to beautiful Sherman Oaks where we do our radio shows from. He says, there's a new status shoe, gentlemen. He says, forget about Nike and all that. The most worn shoe on private jets. The Zegna triple stitch shoe. He wants to know if we're interested in purchasing these shoes and they retail, Dan, have you seen this? These shoes have been worn by everyone from Apple CEO to powerful TV personalities. I've never heard of these shoes.
Speaker 3: I looked them up right now? Those aren't those are weak?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They charge eleven hundred dollars for these shoes. Eleven hundred dollars to these shoes. They've been spotted on the red carpet by actors Hugh Jackman, Nicholas Cage and others. They are laceless footwear, It says in the description casual Cool Vibes. They you know what they look like the kind of shoes and nurse would wear in a nursing like a nursing home. Right, doesn't that look like something you'd wear in a nursing home. Depending on the.
Speaker 3: Color, well, they I'd rather have some Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they say these shoes. They're very popular. There's no label, a symbol of quiet luxury, and they come in all different colors depending on what you want to wear. Whatever your your outfit is, they have shoes to match eleven hundred dollars. You can go to Costco and get shoes for forty bucks that are just better than that.
Speaker 3: Those Costco shoes look like forty dollars too.
Speaker 1: Well, these look like the list look like you're ready to work at a nursing home, or you're a patient at a nursing home. Jack from Ohio rights and he says Ben and Danny Gee a frustrated Bengals fan here, I saw that. Another frustrated Bengal fan claims the front office was defensive when he called up to cancel his season tickets. What is that about? Well, Jack, it's kind of obvious what that's about.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: I'm not in Cincinnati. It's not like the Bengals are the Green Bay Packers. We have to wait fifty years to get tickets. And if you imagine working in Cincinnati's ticket office and you have to sell tickets. And we know from just our job, we have listeners to try to keep people listening, and it's very difficult to get a new customer. Retaining existing customers is the most cost effective way of doing business rather than getting new customers, and studies have shown that getting a new customer can cost five to seven times more than just retaining an old customer. So yeah, that they're pissed because it's hard to get people to buy Bengal To season tickets. And then this whoever that is Jack bought the tickets and now they don't want to buy him anymore, so they're bowing out. And then they it's like they're pissed off about that. I get it. What else do we have to see? Page down? See where do we want to go on this? Blah blah blah blah. I don't know. I think we're I mean, there's a couple more here. I'll do this. I'll get out on this. Tyler from Salt Lake. I'm sorry to Chris and Chris and Milwaukee and Rick from Austin. I'm gonna do this last one from Tyler, He says, gentlemen, are you guys interested in a mad Max Tesla? You better get it fast? Tyler says, So did you know? I didn't know about this? Tyler sent the story here. Tesla rolled out some new firmware, Danny, do you know about this? They added a pair of new driving modules. They have the self driving feature, the FSD, the full self driving feature. One is called sloth, which kind of is a casual, relaxed stand in the lane. No no no no no no. Uh. The other, and this is the one Tyler brought up, is called mad Max. Now, this is the more aggressive model for Tesla. It actually speeds through traffic, It swerves through cars to get to get you to your destination faster while driving. It's the one doing all the driving. And and so now people at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are starting to say, what are you doing? You You've programmed a car to speed and to drive aggressively and illegally. And so now Tyler says, if you want this, you got to get it quick because Tesla's going to have to get rid of it because the FEDS are onto them. So, first of all, I didn't know that was allowed. I thought I just assumed that you wouldn't be able to do that, Danny, because they generally look down upon programming a car to drive like a lunatic. What is the liability on that if you get into an accident in the FSD full self driving mode, but you happen to choose the Mad Max, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's clearly the other driver's fault, so they didn't get out of your way.
Speaker 1: Obviously, without without a question, that is the case. But are you going to the parade? Tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 1: Is Monday, right, Tomorrow's Monday, the Dodgers parade.
Speaker 3: I mean no, I can't because I have to go to the network to work.
Speaker 1: All right, And I can't because I have to sleep, so and I'm not a big parade guy. Anyway, I've been to those in the past, when the Lakers. I actually I was forced to go when the Lakers one, I covered them when I was doing local radio.
Speaker 3: Nobody forced you. You are a closet Lakers fan. We all know that.
Speaker 1: No, no, but it's very hot, and I remember the Laker one there were no bathrooms. People were defecating outside because they didn't put enough bathrooms in and all that.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a beautiful Monday though.
Speaker 1: In nice. I'm sure Dave Roberts will say something. He avoided the Dave Roberts Janks memory. He said, let's go ruin baseball. It won't anyway, if they lost, it would have been well. Dave Roberts said, let's ruin baseball. And then the Dodgers they went out there and they lost, and his fault and all that stuff. So all right, on that note, we will get out. Thanks to Ohio al again, thanks to everyone that sent emails in. I'm sorry to the guys we didn't get your questions on the air, but we had a lot to say about the World Series and Danny. We will reassemble on Friday for another fifth hour podcast. I'll be back tonight, full recap of the NFL, the good, the bad, and the ugly from a full car, including that big Kansas City Buffalo game. How much fun is that going to be? In the late television win though, and we'll break it all down and put some spice on it, little salt, little pepper, and will be good to go and Danny room with Covino and Rich all week, is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All week five to seven pm on the East Coast. That's two to four pm in beautiful San Luis Obispo, California.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I have a great day, enjoy the football, and aloha as you would say, Danny, I think is that what you say? Aloha?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No later, skater, Hell yeah. Dodgers World Series champions back to back in your thanks got a murder, I gotta go