Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Loune broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor Said, Demontree More and new Eat Scrugs.
Speaker 2: This is the Players Lounges, brought to you each and every day by Aristocrat Gaming. Welcome in, Welcome in, where we're gonna tell the truth and shame those lies.
Speaker 3: Demontre Moore. Anthony Dorce said, step Poppy.
Speaker 4: Is here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boys.
Speaker 2: Wilding out here, sitting in for Newie Scrugs all week while he's gallivanting around.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what the HELLI on.
Speaker 3: The west outside yea outside be outside.
Speaker 2: Last night, the Green Bay Packers were defeated by the Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Eagles ten seven, ten seven.
Speaker 2: As as bad as the Eagles have been playing in some of these games, they just keep.
Speaker 7: The winds Man pedigree. When they need twenty, they'll get. You know, twenty they need to.
Speaker 6: They gonna get.
Speaker 2: And so that takes me, that takes me to my first point of about building an identity and the culture of winning. Wow said a Live right Because you said it, Barry. If they need ten, they get ten, they get If they need twenty, they get twenty. If they need to go and pass for three hundred yards, they'll pass for three hundred yards. If they need to go and and handed thing get off, they'll hand it off thirty times. If they need to stop, they get a stop. And these are the teams, one within our division, the other within our conference that you know, Green Bay's in our conference.
Speaker 3: That were chasing right, so to speak.
Speaker 2: And we have to get to and surpassed in order to get to the ultimate gold.
Speaker 3: Of being world champions.
Speaker 2: Where is the Cowboys, this new coaching staff, we're halfway through the season.
Speaker 3: Where are they at as far.
Speaker 2: As the identity, the culture, the the what can they hang their hat on?
Speaker 3: Can they give you ten when it's time to get ten? Can they give you.
Speaker 2: Thirty when it's time to get thirty? Can they get a stop when it's time to get a stop. Are the Cowboys, Barry Church closer to building an identity that they can hang their hat on from what you've seen so far? And this is for the group to start with, Barry, And how far all that away from having it?
Speaker 7: When you talk about what their identity is. I'm gonna say it's an offensive identity. I think that's where you know, the majority of their horsepower lies is on the offensive side of the ball. The thing that you know, kind of has me like, man, I thought they was gonna get ten wins, but I don't know about it right now. Is when you talk about finding ways doing that tune and change from yesterday, but finding ways to win no matter what it takes. And we've seen from the Dallas Cowboys so far this season they're not there yet.
Speaker 6: They're just not there yet.
Speaker 7: They can, you know, score with the best of them, but when it comes down to it, maybe it's a defensive struggle. Then you'll see, you know, Dak Prescott in that offense kind kind of struggle kind of wane a little bit. And to me, they don't have a secure identity offensively. Yes, they can put up crazy points, but we all know that Dak works best when he has that balance, when he has that that threat of the run. And early in the season, you know, they were feeding my man, they were feeding Javonte Williams out there. But in these past couple losses, you've seen ten carries, you know, thirteen carries and the game hasn't really gotten out of hands where you got to abandon the run.
Speaker 6: So to me, I.
Speaker 7: Got to put that part, you know, on the coaching staff and play call him because it's starting to kind of reminisce what we saw from McCarthy while he was here was a guy that lived and died by the past. And when we look at you know, dak Pres gotta forget what the stat is, but thirty five and over past attempts or whatever the case may be, his record is not great. It's not great. So we know that balance is where they need to be. Offensively, they're just not there yet. And defensively, when you look at this this defense overall.
Speaker 6: I don't know where they are.
Speaker 7: And you know, a lot of that has to deal with the injuries they've had on the back end and talent not producing to what they thought it would. You know, I think that's a problem here with the Cowboys as well, is they think they have more talent than they actually do, and they rely on guys that would be with no disrespect, would be you know, rotational pieces. Elsewhere they're like, oh, we got to put this guy to start lineup.
Speaker 6: He can hold it.
Speaker 7: Down, and it might, you know, hold it down for a couple of games here and there, but you'll start to see as the season progresses that that level of player go down.
Speaker 6: And that's where I see them right now.
Speaker 7: So identity, I think they have to lean on that offensive side because that's what a horsepower is.
Speaker 6: But they got to make sure they have.
Speaker 7: A secure identity offensively, not just oh, one day we're gonna pass the ball forty times.
Speaker 6: The next day. May maybe we'll share the rock with Javonte a little bit here and there.
Speaker 7: They've got to get a more I guess stable situation when you talk about it offensively.
Speaker 6: And they got to cut these penalties out.
Speaker 7: I mean that that to me, I mean that was just all these pre snap penalties and drive killers. The team is not good enough to overcome those. So it's a roller coaster from me.
Speaker 2: Speaking of penalty the Cowboys are the number two team in the in the National Football and penalties behind the Never Broncos. Never Broncos have a winning record. But you know, that's what it is, you know, Demontree keeping on the same lines of you know, because when you look at it and most of the time when you start talking about identity.
Speaker 7: You just got that good material.
Speaker 3: That good sheep. Hell, we ain't had money bags.
Speaker 5: It's cold outside.
Speaker 2: But the identity part of this thing is when you have an identity, it doesn't matter who's in there or who's not in there. You pick up where the last person left off.
Speaker 6: Right, Like.
Speaker 2: I had the conversation with my guys are hanging with the Boys, and I said, it's I've been around this organization since two thousand and nine, and one thing that's been constant, both covering in the media and as a player on the field. The Cowboys seems as if they always have to have everything in perfect order in order to be perfectly successful.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: We were a part of teams that if Sean Lee went out like one player and the entire defense couldn't function, Tyron Smith would go down with a back situation, and all of a sudden, we did not know how to play offense.
Speaker 3: And I watch teams week.
Speaker 2: In and week out, and if there's an identity box, they just plug a new player in that box and they begin to just pick up. Now, you know, Sam Frank, Right, you say, what, no one's gonna be able to replace Fred Warner right, he's an elite level talent. But they just go back to the physicality or the or the mental smarts are there or whatever it is. Maybe that doesn't go And so the Montree, when I look at what the Cowboys have done this season, it's this level of inconsistency, right, It's you know, we can do thirty games, I mean thirty points a game, and all of a sudden when we need thirty thirty don't show up, you know.
Speaker 3: And defense is a whole another ball of potatoes.
Speaker 2: But my question to you, a part of that is how much of it is player? How much of it is coach.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna say, honestly, a lot of that has to deal with coaching. I think about my tenure playing at Sant Franz.
Speaker 5: When we went to the Super Bowl that year.
Speaker 8: You had guys like myself, Ronnie Blair that came off the bench, Solomon Thomas that was a part of there, the Forest Buckner, Eric Arnstein that were starters. But when our starters went out, you had, like I said, guys like me and Ronnie still coming off the bench giving you sacks, making those big plays. You think about your coaching, what Robert Salad was able to be. Kyle Shanahan was able to build. And that is the difference that when you talk about dating all the way back to two thousand and nine, when you said Sean Lee went out, Tyren Smith went out, Well think about it. How many coaches have they had here since then? And then the coaches that were here for a long tenure, did they really let them build a culture or were you living off past coaches where you living off of those Super Bowl rings that everybody's parading around and still showing. And so what I see is is not an identity as what the team is built, but it's more so what the player has built right now. The identity when you ask, oh, is it the defense or the offense? You know, the identity of this team is in Dac.
Speaker 5: We trust.
Speaker 8: If Dak is doing really good, then guess what Dak POWs you up out of there?
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: They as much as I want to be so harsh and critical on them, you have to think about it. They got Dak one extra weapon and now this offense isn't losing slack. So with this defense bringing in Kenny Clark bringing in another trade with them Williams Quinn, Yeah, thank you appreciate that. With Quintin Williams, you wonder, are these the two big superstars with Quinton Williams be and Sean Lee, and then you can have your Batman and robbing with them and build around them. So they might be building, they might be one build away. So right now it needs to the identity needs to shift from being one player to a scheme thing, which I think you will have that with the comfortability moving forward with Shoty, he's already been here, he's learned from those states and this is just his first year, so give him a little time.
Speaker 9: But right now, identity is that we trust a d Can the Cowboys with the remaining schedule left, can they build an identity?
Speaker 3: Can can?
Speaker 2: Because let's be honest, the playoffs are a long shot. You'd have to go seven and one, six and two in the in the last eight games, right and even then it's you got to hope a bunch of other people just with the bed right like and that and that's uh, it's not out of the rubber possibilities. The the realm is just far, far, far far away.
Speaker 10: Right to answer that question, how well, first and foremost, like with the with the I guess I'm gonna say this, like we know that the identity, like Barry said, it has been on offense, and like Tray said, has been through Dak all right. And typically when you're thinking of identities, we're thinking about the defense, a run game of passing game scheme, like you said. Now, what they have a chance to do, of course, with the new additions to the team, is to bring in some new energy here. And that's not hard to do as long as it's being done in a proper way.
Speaker 11: So you got two dudes coming.
Speaker 10: In, Quinny Williams being one of the most aggressive d linemen in the NFL. All right, that translates, and I hope that people are able to feed off of that. Then going to that second level with the new linebacker coming in, what was the last thing? Always so Logan Wilson. And he's a regardless if he lost his starting position in Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: If you watch the video on the dude, he's a baller, all right.
Speaker 10: He's got good run redes, he knows where he's supposed to fit into the defense, and everything else like that.
Speaker 11: So to be able to build an identity, even if.
Speaker 10: It's only at the end of the season to go into next year, all right, So like we can't cancel out the fact that, Okay, so if they don't make it to the playoffs, if they still get on the right track, all right, and they're able to get going in the right direction to see what they're able to do build around these new pieces and these new players, so heck, yeah, they can definitely start doing it. Now, will it come to fruition and take them further than what we think they can.
Speaker 5: Actually go this year? That's a whole different thing.
Speaker 10: But yes, they can establish an identity and get it going.
Speaker 6: Perfect but perfect.
Speaker 7: Example of what Adie's talking about here is you go back to Detroit maybe what two three years ago when Dan Campbell first was in that joint started out terrible, just god awful. I think the last one something like that, it was bad. Has what eight games nine games of that season. I think they ended up going seven to one or something like that, seven and two, and they didn't make the playoffs. But you know, they you saw that momentum coming, you saw that trend, You saw the physicality, the defense, the buying of the players. Fast forward to you know that after that Gibbs and I forget who else they got in that draft, A couple other pieces.
Speaker 2: They got, yet Brown, like they got some more peaks and then now they look they've been a powerhouse for the NFC the past couple of years.
Speaker 7: And that's what yeah, and that's what Dallas has a chance to do. I mean, you got some draft kick picks, you know, available for next year. You got some amo coming through the rest of the season. I mean, you got to build that momentum.
Speaker 11: But don't you think that.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, I up in there, but like Dan Campbell himself helped create that culture and in his first press conference, we're.
Speaker 11: Doing whatever we got to do. But he was just letting us know that's like we're willing.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna create a culture around here that we're going to be willing to do whatever text for us to be successful and winning games. And that right there, I don't care if people laughed and everything else, but that fed right into that locker room. That fed right into every player in there, and those guys bought into that. And just like you said, those last however, many games, that trend started to.
Speaker 5: Change and it is still continued to go right now. I hate playing for I would have hated it.
Speaker 8: You would have hated no. I love it. I love playing for Dan Campbell. I got him when he got.
Speaker 7: Practices, and Dan played dirty against him.
Speaker 8: But what you gotta remember is Dan Campbell is a player coach. Like as much as like he talks in the media of doing this, he's one of those guys that when we're going, we're going, but when we're off, we're off. Like he realized when we were playing in his first interim head job, he said, guys, ain't no point of me beating y'all off. We didn't already did train Cam? Why get out of here, dollar reaching That was a direct that was a direct quote, and stop taking stuff out of it anyway, Like I'm not about to beat y'all into the ground, Like I'm just not about to keep sitting there and banging the drum. And so with that being said, like he pulled the reins off, he said, the horses come out the stable.
Speaker 5: It's time to work. Y'all got to grow up and stop being childish. This is what's wrong.
Speaker 8: Anyway, it's got that's crazy.
Speaker 5: But you'll mind.
Speaker 3: Whoa boy, You're the gift that keeps on give it on this show.
Speaker 8: Baby, I love it, man, I love it.
Speaker 3: Let's take our first break. Let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. Stop stop trying to listen.
Speaker 3: When we come back.
Speaker 2: I kind of just want to go through some players on this football team and kind of want to identify who's the leader of this thing, Like who's the leader of this thing and who's going to be the one of the ones that gets this ship going in the right direction.
Speaker 3: Stay right hey with this. This is the play as lows. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 11: They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 13: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration, the Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up instance with out styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtags be your Own Boss.
Speaker 3: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 8: Celebrate the season the Cowboys Christmas Extravagance power by Reliant at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday through Saturday night from November twenty first to December twenty for electrifying holiday performing. For details, visit the Star District dot com.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: That ain't no anticipation? I like that.
Speaker 2: That's how would coaches say, take it from the meeting room to the field. That's what we're talking about. That's what we're talking about, right. Yeah, man, This is the players and how brought to you by we have Anthony Dos said Demontray Moore, Barrier Church, Jesse Holly. And you know the one thing, this is the players Lounge, right and normally normal Nuwi sits in this seat and while he is around players, he's never been in the locker room, right, he's never had to put the helmet on and put the pads on and go out there and really be a part of this thing. And the one thing that we all understand and know that there's a level of sacrifice that goes into this thing. But on every team and every unit on the side of the ball, in your specific meeting rooms, there's a leader. There's some dude in there that when he speaks, we listen, right, and you would you would hope to have that. And then definitely on either side of the ball, offensively or defensively, there there is an overarching voice that when they speak, you know that it's coming from a place of authenticity, of sincerity, of just true to what they say. Right, They're not just they're not because the camera on people or around you know that this dude is a guy who what he say here is what he would say to you if y'all were sitting there, one on one. You're right, and so you respect that. And the Cowboys are in a place right now, not only because of what they had to deal with with the untimely situation last week of the passing of Marshaw Kneeland, but also you're three.
Speaker 6: Five and one.
Speaker 2: You're three five and one, and now you're coming off of by And we sit here and now with the media, we don't gotta believe whether or not they make the playoffs and not or they can make a run.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I could sit here and be objective as I want to be, because I don't gotta play on Monday night.
Speaker 3: Right, But we've all.
Speaker 2: Been in that spot where it's us against the world's block out the outside noise, forget what they say, and it's us all this kind of all of the lingo that we use in the locker.
Speaker 3: Room and during these times.
Speaker 2: But who let's take dak aside, because we we already know that he is the voice.
Speaker 6: Of the locker room.
Speaker 2: But who are some other guys on this football team that these players will be able to look to and really get the motivation that we have an opportunity to make a run. Ad I'll start with you. And how important is that you know?
Speaker 10: One of the things that I've noticed around here is that leadership comes to contracts a lot of times around here, Okay, and that doesn't always guarantee you maturity or true leadership when it comes down to it, you know, And so the teams that I've always been a part of that have been more you know, more successful teams have been the guys who are typically a little bit older on the team.
Speaker 5: You got your vets, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: And so you look at guys and as I'm just looking at guys that are in the building, I'm looking at a perennial all pro due like Kenny Clark, Like at the end of the day, if if he doesn't verbalize a whole lot, his play speaks for itself, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: And so you have guys like that.
Speaker 10: And I've played with guys, whether it be a Marcus Robertson as a safety or Blame Bishop or you know, say Javon Kurs or whoever.
Speaker 11: But typically those guys who are in those.
Speaker 10: Leadership positions or in those positions that are going to be doing the talking are going to be the dudes that are actually out there making those plays too as well, you know. And so as you look around hear and like remove that from this situation, okay, on offense, the next person that you think might be that guy that would have that type of influence would be CD, you know, because all pro dude out there, getting the yards, making the plays and everything else like that. And then but there's really not anybody that you see or you know, we're not on the field, we're not in the locker room of time, we're not in.
Speaker 5: Any of these meetings.
Speaker 10: So we actually don't know if the body is actually even manned up to take that position and take that role.
Speaker 11: You know, you got I'm sorry, you got.
Speaker 5: Clowny in here. Now.
Speaker 11: Who's what how many years has he been in the league?
Speaker 5: Okay, I believe it's eleven, right, And.
Speaker 10: So you look for leadership to come from those from those guys, multiple teams, different systems, you know, been on winning teams and something that has lost.
Speaker 11: He's seen it all.
Speaker 10: So you would hope that some of that that leadership and some of that identity or whatever we're talking about here as far as bringing the guys together, would be coming from those guys. But you know, outside of Dak, who's going to be that guy that's going to speak up?
Speaker 5: You know? And like I said in the beginning, the money.
Speaker 10: Situation here a lot of times dictates where the leadership is coming from.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Dawn Trey quinnin Williams, let me check my watch.
Speaker 3: He's been here.
Speaker 2: A week tomorrow, right, seven days from last week?
Speaker 3: Has he been? Has he done enough in this league? Hell? Has he been here long enough that when.
Speaker 2: He gets on the practice field this week? Can he be the one that all of a sudden now comes in and start calling the shots? Can he be like, nah, we're doing this, so now we're doing that? And are guys going to gravitate to him? Are the Sam Williams of the world, Are the Shamar James of the world. Are these guys going to follow his lead?
Speaker 3: Has he been? Has he done enough?
Speaker 2: Has he been here long enough and truly step in and and and take the man to love? You know what was the movie when he you know, I am the captain?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, I'm gonna disagree with Barry on that one when I say because one, we got to look at all the factors that are playing part in this. You're talking about Matt Eberflu's defense and another guy that I'm gonna bring in the curveball. But I'm answering your question first, Does William Williams have that ability? You darn right he does. He is one of the meanest and ferocious guys in this league. Your play alone is gonna have you having that credibility. And for a defense that's been playing pis poor, that is dead last, if not second or last. You said they're tied right there with Denver and penalties and stuff like that. That's the difference between a good team and a team that doesn't have leadership. With Quinn coming in, and I think about my time in personal experience going down there to Miami seeing the Dominica Sue. He went from being over there at the Lions to going to the Dolphins to making them his team. But you still had a great leader in cam Wait that was over there, a young up and coming Olivier Vernon, But Sue demanded the respect because he was smart enough.
Speaker 5: To do that. His play did all that.
Speaker 8: And from what I heard about Quinn Williams, he has that capability and in the four to three defense ibra flus where it's just line up and go straight ahead. If he comes in and work hard, of course people are going to listen to him because what do you want to do. You want to be like the bag. So in certain places, yes, the bag has gotten you the leadership, but that's one of those guys that aren't that leadership and for a defense that's not really that good right now, who are you gonna say, Like you said.
Speaker 5: It's going to be Kenny Pickens.
Speaker 8: But in my opinion, the leader on this team that's proven, that's already been on this roster, his CD Lamb. He's going out there doing it with his play and he's talking to the media. We're seeing a whole new CD Lamb where we said a new environment can change it to where he becomes the leader. And this is where my curve ball comes in Logan Logan that we just traded for. He's coming into a defense that he's already familiar with. Lou runs the same type of defense as Matt Eberflus. He was a leader over there before the young guy got the playmaker, and he needs a new environment for a defense it's not that good, and we all know that when your middle linebacker is doing what he's doing. With Overshawan not playing right now, he has the chance to be that unsung hero to go in there. So I'm actually looking at him a lot more than Quentin because the back end got to help the front, but he's the middle ground to talk to the back end and to get Quintin and those Kenny Clark and the rest of those guys running.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you know Dominican sue the potential of stopping the mud hole, and you didn't hurt. It didn't hurt when a domice you knew he'd probably grind you by your throat if you and it w welcome.
Speaker 3: Too much you can do about it physically.
Speaker 8: He literally told a coach, he said, they had a meeting where he came in there and said, okay, this is what we're running. Okay, I like this. I like this this right here, don't like that.
Speaker 5: Check that out.
Speaker 8: That's not gonna do good because of my skill set. And I'm gonna be here so help me make you better. And for him to do that, but he not only just did it in a dominant way, he did it because he studied the film.
Speaker 5: He knew what was.
Speaker 8: Going there and how it worked. And I could see Quinn Williams doing that right now. I think it has the potential.
Speaker 10: I think with quinnin coming here, like you said, nah, he ain't done enough. I mean he might not done nothing in this building yet, he only been here a week. But what he's done in his young football career. He's he showed that he's that guy, all right, So he's him at his position. Okay, Now, when a guy comes like and when a dude of that level or that stature comes in here and he can raise the bar, and he's expecting you to come with him, like, this shouldn't really be a whole lot of argument. You know, Let's try to raise the level. Let's try to raise our bar. Let's get better. You bring guys into the locker room that are perennial pros and everything else like that for that team to feed off of, and you hope that everybody.
Speaker 11: Rises to the occasion.
Speaker 10: So that being said, like I got to disagree with that to a little bit of church.
Speaker 11: I hope that they see that and feed off of that.
Speaker 7: So what y'all want to comes to. What y'all want to comes to a couple of weeks down the road. We three four weeks and we've seen this dude balling at an extreme level. He gets the defense, he can line guys. I can see all that. But we're talking week one coming in here, you know from from the Jets, and I get it.
Speaker 6: This dude was just all pro.
Speaker 7: He's a beast but you ain't done nothing here, so you expect me to just follow.
Speaker 10: Your Leady's see to me what I don't understand that's been going on here for so long, and like I don't know where the demise or the drop started as far as when it comes to coaching, and then like when I hear y'all talk about sometimes like coaches just send y'all home, and practice was like this and everything, and and it was like that, that whole downward spin or whatever was going on. But like if you're waiting for something like that's like him coming in here saying, Okay, I see y'all ain't got nobody all pro on defense, like get rid of everybody. Then that's like him coming here calling shots and really being like, hey, well I want to hear nothing you got to say, you know what I'm saying, because you ain't did nothing like I did in the league. But the game ain't built like that. Fortunately, it's not built like that, you know what I mean. And so as as a team builds, you know, like it doesn't, I'm not if he understands the defense, and he could come in here and like I don't know how familiar he is with EU but what is he gonna be doing lining the people up.
Speaker 5: He's gonna put his hand down and turn around and start that't That ain't.
Speaker 3: What's gonna have.
Speaker 7: But we all understand if you balling out there and people are gonna follow you, so.
Speaker 10: Then then what is the case He's only here because he's been balling.
Speaker 7: Okay, we can say that, but we look at that just defense Droughut this year.
Speaker 6: It ain't like he was just this dominant force.
Speaker 5: We look at that just team.
Speaker 10: Okay, they didn't have an offense or anything like Dak Prescott. They didn't have any complimentary pieces. But we're talking about it, but we're talking about a team too as well. If the defense was just the only people out there playing all game, that would be one thing. But this this is a team, okay, and so those pieces that they need on offense are already there. They're trying to get this defense right, and so they're bringing in these guys.
Speaker 5: And so with that being said.
Speaker 10: I know that they're not going out there making these trades mid season, giving their first round draft picks without expecting people to come in here with some leadership, expecting people to come in here try to help create a new identity or whatever it is to get this thing back on the right track.
Speaker 8: I still disagree with you as saying he can't come in early within the week and be a leader, But I get what you're trying to say and saying, hey, if he comes in here barking orders within this first week, yeah, as a player, I'm going to buck the system to be like, bro, you just got here to learning. But because it's a pride thing, it's a thing, and that's just And then on top of that, for me, in a system that I don't trust myself, I don't trust people that's already been in the system.
Speaker 5: How do I trust somebody?
Speaker 8: Because, like I said, it's different with the linebacker that I mentioned, he's coming from a four to three wide system going into that. Quinn Williams is coming from a three to four multiple over there where they switched. Yeah, they go to the four man front. But he got outside stand up in outside linebackers. Michael Parson is talent standing up rushing. So this is a different schematics why. But where I say that he can be a leader is just going out there and work like if he's over here and saying, hey, I ain't did this, but he's the first one in the building, the last one in and he's studying. He's up there with the defensive coordinator. Hey, coach, I want to know this so I can be ready for this week as a young guy or another leader on the team. I'm gonna say that guy has been a pro bowler and he's doing what it takes to get there, and so he can lead by his actions within the first week to make somebody fall.
Speaker 10: But he's football players, real football players that are Now. I don't mean to cut good, but you talk about just get dirt, you put your hand in the dirt and let's go.
Speaker 11: He seemed like he got that traite som coming.
Speaker 8: See him making quotable. He hasn't been statistically or historically in the past one of those guys that's been in the media talking doing all the hip hop. He did it with his playing. So that's why I think he can come in and be a leader.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying is just by example.
Speaker 7: There's no reason to come in here and barking orders of this guy, barking orders to that got it.
Speaker 10: There's no reasons a y'all. Y'all talking about barking we ain't talking about. It doesn't have to be a bark lead by example, But a person asking for you to make a play doesn't have to bark at you, and it doesn't have to be personal. It ain't got nothing to do with the ego or none of that personal stuff. If I asked for you to make a play on the field, I ain't asking you to make it because I need you to make it. We need you to make it. It's the accountability amongst all of us. And so, like that being said, if Michael Jordan comes into the locker room on your team, you've seen how great he didn't been, and he started coming in and asking stuff, you're gonna be like.
Speaker 5: Man, listen, Mike, he ain't did nothing. He ain't did enough here yet, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Like he ain't did nothing for the Cowboys yet, Like nah, like you have respect for that player off of what he's built.
Speaker 5: Before he get in the door.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I get it like that from And I just don't want it to seem like somebody got to bark at you or yell at you to get you to be you know, like to get you to lineup right or anything like that. I played with Steve McNair. I never heard the dude yell at nobody, but he had the respect of everybody.
Speaker 6: That's fine. I mean we get it.
Speaker 7: We get like if you go out there and, like I said, you leading by example and you balling out, then then that's one thing.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 7: I get it, and not everybody is is a vocal leader out there. You know, I understand that thing. That regard for it.
Speaker 10: My only thing is just go out there and earn it first. He hasn't proved himself before he got here for you yet to do.
Speaker 7: What like, That's what I'm saying, Like, if he's going out there in balling, he hasn't believed himself as a football player to you yet he's proved himself as a football player. But let me let me switch the narrative and ask this, because I think we're all saying the same thing. But let me ask you this, Barry, have you ever been I know I can say I have because I've been a part of nine teams throughout my team year, playing the multiple teams, and you have to have you ever just been into a room or situation where you brought it and you two Jesse speak on it. Have you seen a free agent signing that. It was like, man, as soon as he got here day one, Oh he's going to be a leader. All he's that guy. Like he's showing it.
Speaker 8: Like I feel like George Pickens gave you that energy when he got there. He didn't say nothing to the media, but within his first week, the way that he was approaching the game with deck and stuff like that, it was like, he's going to be one of our leader and now is showing later down the line.
Speaker 6: But oh yeah, Mark Cooper.
Speaker 7: When they traded for Mark Cooper, he switched up the whole offense and they galvanized and went to the playoffs and did all that.
Speaker 6: I think is one thing. It's great to be.
Speaker 7: But not all all pros, not all ballers are leaders. I mean, I mean we all do that. There's plenty of examples out there. I played with a guy and Daniz Bryant, who was one of the best raid receivers in the whole game.
Speaker 6: Was he a leader?
Speaker 5: Hell no?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like, all I'm saying is you could ball out and do your thing, man, And when it comes to football, we all stand between the white lines.
Speaker 6: Do you do diligence, do everything great.
Speaker 7: But just because you an unbelievable baller doesn't automatically guarantee you to be the leader on a specific team, your market.
Speaker 2: Whether you're barking out the orders or you're showing it on the field. Either way, the Cowboys are gonna need some of that, uh to finish out the rest of year. Right need town, They're gonna need, They're gonna need all of it.
Speaker 11: Why not try to follow somebody else.
Speaker 10: We didn't seen what they didn't did following whoever, they didn't follow us so far.
Speaker 6: They're gonna need it.
Speaker 7: So uh.
Speaker 2: With that, we'll take our last break of the show. When we come back. We've all talked about the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Need to make a run.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go down the schedule of the last eight games of the season. If we're kind of just gonna get we're gonna get a feel of what you got, whether or not the Cowboys will be able to pull these victories off to put themselves in position. This is the players lounge. We'll be right Backstay with us.
Speaker 4: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost you recover with forty five grams of pro team zero grams of adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kick.
Speaker 5: Hey, They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 6: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a chanel.
Speaker 15: It's action off the field. You need to focus on the only play you're running is chicken. So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce and jug so freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our ay. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising Cain's chicken fingers.
Speaker 16: One love, Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here, former Cowboys savings.
Speaker 5: You know what separates Hamptings from the rest.
Speaker 16: Making the right move at the right moment With blockchain dot Com That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invests like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To the players.
Speaker 8: Loude capture frame where the Worthy Moments Day photo with Santa at the start, presented by Momentum Reality. Santa will be spreading holiday cheer from November twenty first all the way through Christmas Eve. Yes you heard it right, the twenty first through the Christmas Eve For more information and to book your visit, head to the Star District dot com slash Santa register before December seventh to save five dollars. You know you want to save them pennies, five dollars, one dollar, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Yeah boy, good boy, good Come on Santana.
Speaker 3: We don't want Santana.
Speaker 5: We want Santa I like Santana. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is the players that have brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming, said the money Bore Barry Church of Jesse Holly for former NFL players, And as we begin to embark on the second half of this NFL season for the Dallas Cowboys, right now, they sit at three five and one, and they are.
Speaker 3: They're long ways away from making the playoffs. They're a long way aways from what happened.
Speaker 5: And they start with him with your question.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, uh today as they sit, if the playoffs started today, they will be out of the playoffs.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 2: But there's still time and they are not mathematicallytically today three five to one, they are still still not mathematically eliminated.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And so the Cowboys coming off this by two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight games left, I want to go through the schedule game by game and give you an opportunity be as optimistic as you want, as real as you want, be as honest as.
Speaker 11: You want, get seven more Church.
Speaker 3: They come about this now.
Speaker 2: Most most people are saying right now, if things continue to go to the same that the Cowboys need to get the ten wins. Ten wins kind of put you seriously in consideration of making.
Speaker 6: Them, make them playoffs. That's that's the best.
Speaker 3: Ten wins kind of puts you in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So right now, sitting at five three, five and one, you gotta find a way to get seven out of the.
Speaker 10: Next eight, you know, And that one I've been asking so like that, I've been trying to figure out how that one and it's going to that that tie is going to materialize itself, is going to play out. And now that green Bay I think has beaten the team that that that they both played. The Cowboys and Green Bay have played the same team. Green Bay has that win over them.
Speaker 2: Like, so what ends up happening is if it comes down to it, and I did the simulation on my other show, but if it comes down to it and the Cowboys and the green Bay Packers both finished with the same record. Because of that tie, another team would jump them, so Green Bay would be out and the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Yoh wow. It worked like that, so I.
Speaker 3: Forgot what the team was I do.
Speaker 2: So let's just go through this and the Cowboys coming off the boy there on the road this Monday night playing against the Vegas Raiders, Barry Church, start with you because everyone said start with you.
Speaker 6: Barry.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys. Can the Cowboys go up to Vegas to get that?
Speaker 5: Dumb?
Speaker 3: Can that cannot be the first win that they get?
Speaker 7: It better be man. But I said the same thing about Arizona, you know what I mean? So it's like, man, can they yes about anything about Chicago?
Speaker 6: Same thing about Carolina Carolina?
Speaker 7: Like it's like, you got the talent to beat these dudes, it's just that winning, that winning atmosphere or knowing how to close the book. We've yet to see that from the Cowboys so far this season. So my confidence in that Vegas win. I mean, you got Geno Smith at the quarterback. I mean, you talent, got a trump this, Like you gotta be able to go out there and get this dub Like just you.
Speaker 6: Gotta be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: So yes, I'm saying yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 8: Talent wise, you say Cowboys, but I'm going to say, no.
Speaker 3: They lose to Vegas.
Speaker 11: Vegas is biting it for them to get out of the Vegas.
Speaker 5: They're desperate right now.
Speaker 3: They lose, the Vegas is done.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think I just see them being This is that one game we always give everybody those games.
Speaker 5: I hope it's not ad. I don't have any faith in the Cowboys. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't have any faith in the Cowboys winning another game this season.
Speaker 6: Another game.
Speaker 10: This host going to say, let's let's let's look at it, because because I've been part of the bandwagon for a little bit, you know what I'm saying. I was always impartial to the Cowboys, but I got up in the building and I got a little bit more like favorite towards them. And and I'm not just looking at it from from from the right scope. I like to say, all right, so there's there's no trust in it, all right, Chicago. Like we said already, the teams that we've said that they should be, they don't go out and beat all right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 10: The one thing that I do have that they can hang their hat on this week is new energy on defense from those two. And so with that being said, I don't know what type of curve ball that's going to actually throw into you know, with what the Vegas Raiders are doing, you know what I mean. But at the same time, like it's it's one of those things whereas I'm not optimistic about them beating my former team, but I'm optimistic about the Cowboys and these trades actually leading to something positive.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have we have a dub and two l's all right.
Speaker 2: Then following Sunday it is the at home the Philadelphia Eagles come to town.
Speaker 6: Barry See, that's that's gonna be the the that's one.
Speaker 7: That's the one you if they that's the last L they can take before ten wins is out of the boat. So Philly in Dallas and you know division game, we understand how that all works. Man, And uh, I gotta say, yeah, man.
Speaker 6: So they win. I got to okay, I got so.
Speaker 5: I got the winning this one.
Speaker 8: Dallas plays to their competition majority of the time, and I think with Eagles coming in, they know it's a do or die situation. I see them getting that win and it's not going to be just the first week, but it'll be the second week of having your new parts back, the young guys supposed to be coming in. We're gonna see if we get Overshawn back. So with all these defensive guys, I think that's going to be the weekend where Cowboys fans they get they win and they say, oh, we're back in and we beating the number one team in our division.
Speaker 5: So it's a win.
Speaker 10: Hey, let me real quick question to Chris in the back. Is this counting towards our pick? So we're still going to do our.
Speaker 5: So here we go. I'm with him that on that week two.
Speaker 10: All right, they got week two of the new dudes being in here, seeing how they're gonna play on the defense, seeing actually what they'll be able to do. All Right, Philly has been banged up a little bit, ain't been able to get their offense together, and like we mentioned before.
Speaker 5: They'll do whatever it takes.
Speaker 10: If they got to beat you by half a point, they'll figure out a way to beat you by half a point. Now, all that being said, yeah, you know, and and I'm a defensive player, so you know, I'm a ride with the defense all the time. And I just think that like hopefully by that week that there's something that's showing that the Cowboys are on the upward swing. But am I going to give them the w No?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's the Philly one, right, that's the Philly.
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta breeze to these next couple of up against it all right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Then Thanksgiving Turkey Day, gobble gobble gobble can City chiefs come to town.
Speaker 7: That's that's the l that then they have to win the rest for me, But that's the day that's the one.
Speaker 3: L Okay, that's the one.
Speaker 5: That's the one for one of them Thanksgiving. Okay, No, no, no.
Speaker 3: This is the one right here for me.
Speaker 6: I think is gonna be the This is gonna be the one.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be loss.
Speaker 3: December fourth, they go to Detroit to put the Lions.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be. Yeah, that's last time the Troy was down here was it was ugly?
Speaker 5: It was ugly.
Speaker 6: That's it might be a little bitt so that boy, that's a bat session.
Speaker 5: I got the Lions.
Speaker 6: We seeing the lots put up stinker here in there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: We've seen it happen, so I gotta believe it. I don't put that energy out there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I gotta believe.
Speaker 6: I gotta lost yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah, Minnesota, the Vikings.
Speaker 7: Ain't nobody believing that JJ McCarthy. But it ain't nobody except for him. But other than that, it ain't nobody believing in.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: It's in Dallas, Arlington.
Speaker 5: I got, I got the Cowboys, Cowboys, dug, I got hell Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Wow, Brian Flord's defense comes to town and works over the Cowboys offense.
Speaker 3: All right, Los Angeles and Chargers, my boy here here here in Dallas.
Speaker 6: My boy heard. But that's a that's a dud for the boys, my boy. But I mean that's that's for the boys.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: That's what I got to double with the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Chargers, you got, he said, I'm out all this one is uh Santana Day.
Speaker 7: Jules and Carlos gonna be Oh you know that, baby, Chris, what means.
Speaker 2: Santana's coming to town. The Washington commanders at Washington.
Speaker 6: They ain't going to get buried. Come on, man, going to get Marrioda man, I think Dan split.
Speaker 5: I got the commanders on that one, all.
Speaker 10: Right, that's a toss up without it without a Jayden out there, and I'm I'm gonna say.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know, command out there punching after.
Speaker 5: The Dan Campbell. Dan Campbell is calling. Boys. Got to prove it to me before I feel that's a fact.
Speaker 2: And then the the end of the season started the New Year twenty twenty six New York Football.
Speaker 7: Giants by calf got at the coach those scatter boo, Yeah, that's it started the cusso yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I got the Giants. We got the Giants that momentum and that new head coach minimum and they got defense.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna get the Cowboys that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just gonna say that most of the part that they needed to just lose one game, you had to lose in two games so they would get all the way to the end of the year and be.
Speaker 3: Six and two.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was the will be, it will be nine, there will be there will be nine, six, nine, eight and one.
Speaker 6: So I got well hold on even when.
Speaker 2: Seven not only had moving, no, you had to move case and you had to lose into the Chargers.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, that's my boy. Heard but that's for the boys. All right, all right, all right, well we'll see my mathematics.
Speaker 3: We'll see we'll.
Speaker 5: See what today's mathematics.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: Mills.
Speaker 3: I'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I ain't talking about.
Speaker 2: So I'll be back tomorrow. They'll be back tomorrow, back tomorrow. I hope that you're back tomorrow to join us as well for the Players Lounge, for Barry Church, for demonte More, for Anthony Dorset. I am Jesse Holly. This is the Players Longe. See you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.