Speaker 1: Is this a great game or what with the Hall of Famer Tim Kirkshen.
Speaker 2: I'm his son, Jeff Kirkshon.
Speaker 1: Another Friday edition and officially we have one week of Major League baseball in the book.
Speaker 2: Dad, Hi, how are you dealing with?
Speaker 3: Jeff? Again? I'm not sure I've ever seen a more wacky, remarkable, noteworthy first week of a baseball season than what we saw. All sorts of bizarre, crazy things happen. Will detail some of them. And today Jeff is also April fourth, so in the calendar that's four to four. So in honor of that, our team Tim is going to be the all four by four teams. So we have a player at each position with exactly four letters in his first and last name. Okay, now, again, only only pathetic people like me do stuff like this, but what a perfect time to do the all four by four team. And we'll we'll give away one because he was such a great guest.
Speaker 2: To us, who who Adam done?
Speaker 3: Did he make that done?
Speaker 1: Our?
Speaker 2: I was about to ask.
Speaker 3: Adam Dunn is the DH on our team? So he so you know you can use your own DH. Adam Dunn is the DH on our team? All right? So Jeff, I want to see how much you were paying attention from the first week. Okay, Remember we had to tape on Monday afternoon because it's a two man show here and we don't have enough man power to be doing stuff until midnight and releasing at twelve oh one because you're the only technical advisor, producer and director that we have.
Speaker 1: Well, even if we had a staff of one hundred, I still wake up at three point thirty in the morning to do morning radio country music Morning show in Philadelphia on ninety two five XCU, and the show gets played in Boston on Country one oh two five in Las Vegas on one of seven nine Kyoti Country.
Speaker 2: So I need to go to bed at some point.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just like today, we might miss some Thursday action because we're doing this kind of during the games on Thursday. But you know, we do the very best we can to stay updated. But did something happen on Monday?
Speaker 3: Now, if you were reading the box scores, there was one player that stood out on Monday, and I think he is the highlight of the rest of the week. And I will give you a huge hint. Okay, this is a relationship show, This is personal so this guy is my favorite player in the game today, even though he's not my favorite. I don't have favorite players, I don't have favorite teams. I'm not rooting for anyone. But this guy's name alone makes him my pseudo favorite player in the game. And he had a remarkable day. And I'll give you one more clue, Jeb he did it in a place that we were talking about on Monday with Dallas Braden.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we had Dallas Braiden on the show earlier this week. He's a broadcaster for the Athletics, and you have to be talking about Carson Kelly, who hit for the cycle for the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 3: I am so proud of you. You're actually watching. They said in Ghostbusters, you've never studied, Jeff, you're studying. I appreciate it so well. And he also went Kelly to our listeners.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, first of all, it's four to four. He went four for four, hit for the cycle, had two walks as well, So good on him. He in the first ever game played for the Athletics.
Speaker 2: In their new temporary home.
Speaker 1: But the reason why Carson Kelly is important to our show is because your grandson's name is Carson, and his mom's name is Kelly, your daughter, my.
Speaker 3: Sister, So, so my firstny has Carson. Firstborn child is named Kelly. My firstborn grandchild is named Carson. So Carson Kelly hit for the cycle. First player ever to hit for the cycle in the month of March, seventeenth catcher to hit for the cycle. Fourth number nine hitter to hit for the cycle. And let's test you one more time, Jeff, Let's see if the studying continues. One more time. Give me four guys who never hit for the cycle. Four guys who didn't do what Carson Kelly just did.
Speaker 1: You've got Willie May, Barry By, Yes, hank eras.
Speaker 3: And it's Babe.
Speaker 2: Ruth, Babe Ruth. I thought he did everything.
Speaker 3: It is what team is he on, Babe Ruth?
Speaker 1: For of course he's on the All four by fourteen, which we're going to be getting to.
Speaker 3: I have to stand correct. Did I do have a favorite player in baseball? And I am not hiding this. He's been up and down in the big leagues. His name is Blake Sable. Blake Sabol. Now, let's see if you can remember, as I quiz you for a third time in the first five minutes. What is what differentiates Blake Sable from anybody else? And you know how much I love Jez, I'm giving it away. How much I love anagrams?
Speaker 1: Oh does his name go into baseball or something like that?
Speaker 3: Blake Sable has the word baseball in his name when it's an anagram, so you can either say okay baseball or baseball okay when you use Blake Sable's name, Dad.
Speaker 1: The things that keep you going throughout the day I love. It's like when my daughter gets a new toy. I'm like, this is so look how excited she is. It might not excite me, but seeing her excited gets me excited.
Speaker 2: And that's the way I feel about your antecroth.
Speaker 3: Yep. Again, these were things that I was doing when I was seven years old, and I'm now sixty eight years old and I'm still doing them and I'm not apologizing for him because they make me happy and baseball should make you happy. And that's what we do on this show. Hopefully we make people happy. We make them smile, and we make them laugh and they learn something while they listen to our podcast.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the takeaways, Dad, I want to do a quick announcement and this is kind of down the realm of poor pop pop really fast. Is we are now officially on TikTok dad at great game?
Speaker 2: Or what if people want to follow us?
Speaker 1: So you are on TikTok with your own account, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Well, I assume you are managing that account, because I promise you I couldn't find TikTok with a map and a flashlight. And even though, of course we've all acknowledged I was a star for one day on TikTok when I danced with Jojo Seewah at the twenty twenty one Celebrity Softball game, You and Andy Jacobsen, our producer, demanded insisted that I danced with Jojo Sewah? And how many how many views? What is it? Jeff? How many hits? What? How many hits did we get on TikTok?
Speaker 2: We got more hits than ty Cob.
Speaker 3: I had to do.
Speaker 2: I mean way more than that, Jeff, Way more than that.
Speaker 3: We got more hits than ty Cob and Pete Rose and each row combined, including each Rose hits in Jiff. Yeah, I think all of that is true. I think we got millions of hits and I don't even know what it is, but the point is bron TikTok, whatever that is. And I'm happy about that because whatever anything that you work so hard to try to grow this show, so I'm in for whatever you need. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it sounds self serving, Dad, and we joked about it at the top.
Speaker 2: We are a two man show.
Speaker 1: We're the only people who work here, and so anyway that people can spread the show, share it with a friend. Take this episode, hit subscribe at the top, then send it to a friend who you think would love it, because you want to share the laughter and the fun of this great game and what we get to do together. Dad, I have a blast doing this, so share it with your friends. Let's jump right into the takeaways. With one full week of Major League Baseball regular season under the belt held you have, there are.
Speaker 3: A million ways to go, but the low hanging fruit is the only place to start. The Dodgers through Wednesday. Now, okay, we're not going to update through Thursday night. We don't have time. The Dodgers are eight and oh so this is the best start ever for a defending world champion, and it's not just that they've won eight in a row. It's the way they have won. Look at wednesday Nights game. They win, you know, way behind the Braves early five, nothing after two, come back and beat the Braves six to five on a walk off homer of course by Shohei Otani. We've been talking about this, Jeff for three weeks. The Dodgers are one of the deepest teams I've ever seen. And even though they're in a division right now with the Podres and the Giants. So this is the first division since divisional play began in nineteen sixty nine where this many games into a season a Division one division has twenty five victories and no more than seven losses as an entire division. That's how good the Padres have been. That's how good the Giants have been. And even even the Rockies have won a couple games. So this is the point with the Dodgers, how great they are. The depth in their starting rotation is preposterous. The depth in their everyday lineup is the same. And show hey now, speaking of the Rockies, the Rockies have scored ten runs this year. Sho Hay has scored eleven by himself, so he has outscored the Rockies. The Astros have scored twelve runs this year. They've been they go to the LCS every year, and they've only scored one more run than Sho he O Tani and the Braves have only scored fourteen runs. And they're supposed to be a great offensive team. Of course they're not because of all their injuries. But it just shows you how dominant Sho Hay has been. But the entire team, Tommy, Edmund, Moky, bets everybody. It's really just been breathtaking to watch that. Everyone was wondering how great is this team gonna be, and under that kind of pressure they're eight No.
Speaker 1: Incredible, Yeah, and you know, talk about the Braves. I've brought some stats to the table, Dad. No team has ever made the playoffs in Major League Baseball history after starting with seven straight losses, no team ever.
Speaker 3: They are the thirtieth team ever to start out zero to seven, and none of those thirty has ever made the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And even only fourteen teams in the history of Major League Baseball have ever made the playoffs after losing four or more games to start the season. So think about how many years we've been playing the game.
Speaker 3: Right, it's incredible. And along that line, don't ever forget Jef. I covered the nineteen eighty eight Orioles and they lost twenty one games in a row to start the season. So you look again, that team was terrible and the Braves are good. But the Braves would have to lose fourteen more consecutive games to start the season to match what the Orioles did in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: How do you even write for that team, though? Dad?
Speaker 1: Like, at what point did you write a lead that was like when will this end? Like?
Speaker 3: I wrote that multiple times. After game number fourteen in Milwaukee, Scott McGregor, one of the pitchers, one of the great guys ever, said, why are all these national media with us every day? I said, Scottie, just win a Gabe and they're all going to go home. And I told you the story, Jeff. After lost number eighteen, Frank Robinson, the manager, took all the writers out to dinner. I'm going to tell you again. Halfway through dinner, I said to Frank, has anyone called, you know, to give you any support during this streak? And he goes, yeah, the President called me today. Now, Frank was a big Kidder. So I challenged him three times on this and he said, damn it. The President of the United States called me today. I said, Frank, what did he say? He said, Frank, I know what you're going through. And Frank said, mister President, you got no idea what I'm going through. That's how bad oh and twenty one was. And the Braves who are going to go home to start their home schedule, are going to go home oh and seven having gotten pounded by the Dodgers and pounded by the Podres.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll be happy to know, Dad that neither do the Padres or the Dodgers or the Braves play on Thursday, April third, with this releasing on Friday, April fourth, so we won't miss anything.
Speaker 3: Right. First, I got to tell you about the Padres real quickly. They are seven and oh and the one thing to keep in mind about the Podres a they have really good starting pitching. Their bullpen is breathtaking when it's going really well. The most important thing, though, they are not afraid of the Dodgers. They have gone toe to toe with the Dodgers in that division and multiple times in the playoffs in recent years, so I'm not suggesting for a second that they're better than the Dodgers, are going to beat the Dodgers, but they are not intimidated by the Dodgers. That those are my three takeaways. The Dodgers, the Padres, and the Braves pretty easy given that two teams are undefeated and one team is winless.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta say, though, I'm a little disappointed. I'm looking at the schedule right now. We won't see the Dodgers meet the Padres until June the ninth.
Speaker 3: That's that's incredible, But Jeff, this is what happens when you're not playing your division nineteen times a year, only you know, ten times a year, twelve times a year, whatever it is. So keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got the quirk chins for is this a great game or what? What do you have dat for the.
Speaker 3: Last few days to pick from? Normally I have a week, but now we're going every two weeks, so it's a challenge. Well, first off, Rafael Dever's got a hit finally. Okay, he was over nineteen, Jeff with fifteen strikeouts, then he extended it to oh for twenty one, and then he finally got a hit. So we said last week, through four games, he had twelve strikeouts, a record, and that was as many as Yogi Bearra had in the nineteen fifty season. Then he through five games he had fifteen strikeouts, which is the most ever in the first five games of any season. Tony Gwynn had fifteen strikeouts in the nineteen ninety five season. The entire season, Jeb over five hundred at bats. I mean, that's just so I bring up this point because Raphael Devers is an elite Major league hitter. He is on a Hall of Fame track, and it just shows you again how difficult this game is to play when the best players in the game. Granted, he's had some elbow issues and he didn't have a complete spring training, so their excuses involved, but it just shows you again how hard this game is to play. Okay, speaking of which, Juhanio Suarez of the Diamondbacks, his first five hits this year, Jeff, have been home runs, so he doesn't have any other hits other than a home run. Rob Deer's first five in nineteen ninety two were home runs, and Rudolfo Castro in twenty twenty one his first five hits were homers. So no one's ever gone their first six hits in a season were all homers. So Eugenio Suarez has a chance to do that. And Jeff, he has all the vowels in his when you combine his first and last name. I love that, although as we know, Nelson Figueroa and Ed Figueroa, they had all of their vowels, all vwels in their last name. Think about that for a second.
Speaker 2: I know this is where you live right now. Five homers.
Speaker 1: He as of Thursday, leads the league with the most home runs and zero other hits.
Speaker 3: As of Jeff. This is how the game is played today. Eugenio Suarez and so many other big power hitters are told, we don't need you to hit a line drive single to right field. We want you to hit it in the stand somewhere. So he's just doing what he's been asked to do. Okay. On Opening Day, the home opener for the Orioles, they grounded into three double plays, Jeff. And that's only significant because last year they grounded into seventy one double plays the whole season, and that was the fewest gidps in a full season of any team in Major league history. And if you don't think that matters, just remember, Jeff, what a downer it is when you got a rally going and a guy grounds into a double play. They set the record last year and they already got three in their home opener. I don't know if that's a sign of anything. And I always remember, Jeff, a GIDP is different than a hitting into a double play because you could line out into a double play. GIDP is a separate category where you hit a groundball and it results in a double play.
Speaker 1: That it's actually something I didn't now like from a scoring aspect.
Speaker 3: It really it's important that you know this, Jeff. It's just I just need to clarify the difference between gidps and whatever else. And last thing, Jeff, I got such a kick out of this. I'm not sure why, but Jack Lighter of the Rangers pitch. He's made two starts this year and has pitched really well. And he's the son, of course, of Al Lighter and Jack Lighter's I'm getting to the point. Jack Lighter's grandmother was born in England and still has a British accent to this day. And your grandmother, Nana was born in England, and she had a British accent until she died at age ninety six. How cool is that?
Speaker 2: It was definitely cool.
Speaker 1: But I have to and I would never talk badly, especially of somebody who's passed. But in the days she lived with us, she would sometime sometimes pull out these ridiculous words when I would play scrabble with her, claiming that they were in like a British slang term.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, no, no, there's no words that have an X and a Z next to each other. And she said, yes, there is.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're all right, there's seventy four points. And of course she's my elder.
Speaker 2: You know, my elder. I'm not gonna tell her. Nos, I put it down. I lose by one hundred and ninety points in scrabble.
Speaker 3: Well we like going to get away Fiftiana was one of the great scrabble players ever. But when you're playing scrabble at ninety four, uh, we're gonna get We're gonna give a little leeway there. So and last thing about Jack Lighter, So this one I got a kick out of them. I'm watching the game on TV and one of the camera guys at bank in Cincinnati that day was named Jack Lighter. So Jack Lighter is the camera guy and Jack Lighter is the pitcher. I'm not sure we've ever seen anything quite like that.
Speaker 1: Dad, This is a part of the show that's really important.
Speaker 2: So if you're driving right now.
Speaker 1: Or mowing your lawn or whatever, listen careful because we want you listening to the show to be a part of the show with our I Am a seam Head segment that we brought to the podcast this season.
Speaker 2: And the point of this is is, you know, Dad, we got so.
Speaker 1: Many amazing messages last year, whether it was on our website or on social media, of.
Speaker 2: People sharing hilarious things of what makes them big fans of this game. So you came up with the great idea of letting.
Speaker 1: Them send us a voice memo, a message, an audio message that we can play on the podcast explaining why they are a seam head. Right, And so it would sound something like this, I am Jeff Kirkshen, and I'm a seamhead because I collected every single rookie card from cal Ripken Junior's rookie year and I have them displayed above my bed. I'm Jeff Kirkchhen and I am a seam head, right Like those kind of things are things you can recall and remember. And Dad, you've tapped into some of your baseball friends to provide us the first couple seam heads. But listen, if you're part of the family of is this a great game or what we need you and your messages of why you're a seam head. So you can reach out to me email Jeff at great game or what dot com, or you can just go to great game or what dot com and submit it there, reach out ask how can I send this?
Speaker 2: And I'll reach out to you personally in order to.
Speaker 1: Get that message your dad, We have a special one today from a friend of yours.
Speaker 3: Yes, and this is Jeff Bennett. He is probably the greatest researcher in the history of ESPN, which is really saying something. Since Mark Simon, who did I am a seam head? Sarah Langs, Who's gonna do imam a seam head? This time it's Jeff Bennett. And let's take a listen to this because this is incredible.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not artistic or musically inclined, so it's possibly my greatest talent is my recall fronts and backs of baseball cards, my sweet spot being tops from about nineteen eighty two to eighty five. So some examples these are their primary cards, not super veteran or inaction or all star cards. We'll say nineteen a two Steve Garvey posing with a bat in a big smile. He's a Dodger, very simimuch to his eighty five card when he's a Padre, also smiling with the bat.
Speaker 3: He likes to smile.
Speaker 4: Tyrapken Junior in eighty three finishing a swing in an orange top eighty four Don Mattingly. It's a close with him fielding stance at first base. Photo looks I could have been taken for the first base coaching box. Very close.
Speaker 3: Those are all stars. Here's a little deeper cut for you.
Speaker 4: Mike Flanagan had a great career nineteen eighty four with the o's the photos capturing him, he's like mid wind up, possibly going to throw the first base to pick someone off if there's anyone on base. But he's perfectly like a balanced on the rubber. So my memory is a little fuzzy at this age now of a baseball card front, but still pretty strong on the backs. I know hundreds and hundreds of player birthdays, often their place of birth as well, so baseball cards have that little bio date at the top. My favorites are Kaya Skremsky eight twenty three thirty nine, Southampton, New York. Dwight Gooden eleven sixteen sixty four, Tampa, Florida, Roger Clemens eight four sixty two, Daton, Ohio, not Texas, Wade Boggs six fifteen fifty eight, Omaha, Nebraska, not Tampa, and Pete Rose four fourteen forty one, Cincinnati, Ohio. Now I have to be confused with Correg Mattox of four fourteen sixty six.
Speaker 3: Of course you get the idea.
Speaker 4: It's the only party trick I have. I'm Jeff Bennett and I'm a seam.
Speaker 1: Ed, so that could be you send us a voice memo of why you are a seam head Dad, Jeff Bennett, that was unbelievably I.
Speaker 3: Told you, Jeff, it's an obsession. It's unhealthy at times, but it's what separates baseball, I believe, from the other sports. And if anyone out there actually thinks that Jeff Bennett was at home reading that stuff off the back of Carl Yastremsky's baseball card. Then you don't know Jeff Bennett. So I remember we challenged him on this. We found baseball cards from the eighty two through eighty five, Jeff. That's four years of baseball cards. And I just challenged him and said, all right, all right, robbing you out in nineteen eighty two. And he just went like this without even hesitating. He said, oh, he had two cards that year. One he's like running out of the box after getting a hit. Second one he's like leading off of first base. I don't know what it was. We checked. He was absolutely right. And again, if there any guests, any listeners, or viewers out there who want to send us an iam a seam head, we will take it because I will tell you, Jeff, I'm running out of obsessed baseball friends. We need some strangers to call in and contribute to the show.
Speaker 1: You can send us a voice memo Jeff at Great Game or what dot com or at great Game or what on social media, and I can pull it directly from there.
Speaker 2: On this date in.
Speaker 1: Baseball history, Dad, you're already obsessing over April to fourth, four to four, right, So what do you got so it's a theme this week, three different guys on this date. Jeff hit three home runs in a game on opening Day, George Bell in nineteen eighty eight, first guy ever to hit three.
Speaker 3: Home runs on opening Day. Dimitri Young hit three homers on opening Day in two thousand and five. And let's see, Jeff, as I quiz you one more time, who was the obscure Cubs outfielder who hit three home runs on opening Day nineteen ninety four, all of them against Dwight Gooden. I used this on the show like a week ago, and you can't remember it, Jeff. Every time you bring up a musical.
Speaker 2: Round, Oh, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Carl?
Speaker 2: Was it Carl Rhodes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can't believe you got his real first name, Toughy Roads. Way to go, Jeff, Toughy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you why I remember it, Carl Rhoades, because I cut that clip for our social media, and every time I'm about to put all the captions in, I have to double check all of the spelling for the captions, right, make sure we don't.
Speaker 2: Spell Phil Necro's last name wrong.
Speaker 1: Is then we're gonna get slammed by all of the baseball fans on social media. So I type in Toughy Roads right to make sure I have, quite frankly roads spelled correctly right, and it says Carl Toffy Rhoads, and I was like, oh, I didn't realize that was his first name.
Speaker 2: So I think that's what came to my mind first.
Speaker 3: But Jeff, where we're going, we don't need Roads Toughie Roads.
Speaker 2: Every Friday episode.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 1: We've been doing the best of all tim you pick an organization, a team, and you deemed the best player in your opinion to ever play for that team. We've knocked out the Dodgers and the Cubs with the Japan Series, and then because of Opening Day and the history in Cincinnati, we did that last week.
Speaker 2: So if you missed it, make sure to check that out. Who do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: This as a tribute to Dallas Braden, who was such a hilarious guest for us, this week, we're going to do the Oakland A's. Now we can go all the way back to the A's, back to the Philadelphia's. But and it does. I don't think it matters. Ricky Henderson is the greatest A's player ever and We've been over this, Jeff. He's the great leadoff hitter of all time. He is the all time stolen base leader, and there is not a close second. He is at worst one of the fifteen greatest players of all time, and if he played today, he would be even greater. All time run scored leader. An amazing guy. And remember the stat we use, Jeff. He walked leading off an inning seven hundred and ninety six times. And my friend Craig Wright looked this up. Forty five percent of the position players in the Hall of Fame did not walk as many times total as Ricky Henderson did leading off innings. And that tells me that Ricky Henderson leads off an inning and that's different than coming up with runners on base, because with the runners on base, he's saying, I got to be a different hitter, I got to drive these guys in. But when he leads off an inning, he's just saying, if I can get on base, I'm gonna steal second. I'm gonna cause havoc. That's how great Ricky Henderson was. He's the greatest a for me of all time.
Speaker 1: And in tradition, with every Friday from Ozzie to oral the best players from one.
Speaker 2: To fifty five.
Speaker 1: We've knocked out one, two, three, and four Dad, but we teased it last week. We said number five is not going to be an easy one, so we're only going to do one today. Who, in your opinion, is the greatest player to ever wear the number box and reminding everybody, this is your opinion.
Speaker 3: It might be the best number ever. I haven't done that research, but these are the guys who aren't even in the top three. George Brett, Brooks, Robinson, Jeff Bagwell, Hankering all were number five and I don't even think they make the top three number fives of all time. And again, Jeff, this is really important for our listeners and our viewers. This is my opinion. Your opinion is valid. Whatever you want. If you disagree with me, please because there are so many great options here. Johnny Bench is the greatest catcher of all time for me, he was the greatest Cincinnati read for me last week. And it's anyone who votes for Johnny Bench the greatest Number five I'm in. Joe Demaggio is the fourth greatest center fielder of all time for me. Again my list, nobody else's Willie Mays, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mannle, Joe Demagio. Joe Demaggio's career was absurdly great. Lifetime three twenty five hitter, three hundred and sixty one homers, three hundred and sixty nine strikeouts, never struck out forty times in a season, one of the great winners, one of the great defensive center fielders ever, and I cannot believe I'm not putting him as the number one, number five of all time. I'm going with Albert pool Holes. Albert pool Hols did it longer than Jo Maggio, and even though he had some bad years, unlike Joe Demaggio, who never never had a bad year. You look at Albert Pooholes's body of work, he's either the second or the third greatest first baseman of all time behind lou Gehrigg. It's either Garek Jimmy Fox at pool Holes or it's Gerrek Fox, I mean pool Holes and Fox. You look at his first ten years in the league, and they were arguably the first, the greatest first ten years that any player has ever had. Six hundred homers, three thousand hits. Just an amazing player and a guy who cared about winning. Is about as much as anyone I've ever met. So call in and scream at me, but I'm going pooh Holes as the greatest number five. It is a fistfight of all fist fights, but it's it's a good natured one because there are great you know, there are great arguments to be made for so many number five.
Speaker 1: Johnny Bench mentioned at the end of our interview with him last year that he would love to come back on the show, and I just, yep, just got an Instagram message said he's no longer interested in coming back.
Speaker 2: Dad, what are you doing? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: That is really tough between just between those three DiMaggio, you've got poo Holes, You've got Johnny Bench, but then you add the other.
Speaker 2: One at the top, and are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Brooks, Robarts, Brett Brooks, Robinson underrated, Hank Greenberg one of the great right handed hitters of all time. I'm sure Lou Boudreau, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other guys who wear five. But this is the best.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bagwell, not saying he's better than DiMaggio, but still another great number five.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's our Ozzie to orro for this week, okay.
Speaker 1: And keeping in mind that if you want to debate yours, you can do so on social media and let us know what you think at great game or what Dad today is April fourth, and only in a way that only you can. You have come up with a team Tim called the All four four team. Now, when you had told me this, you texted me this is what Dad does every single week. He texts me a picture of his notebook that has the rundown. Because we struggle with technology on this podcast.
Speaker 3: So inside stroking it technology, I.
Speaker 1: Try to make you feel better by saying we instead of typing it and you know, putting it into a Google doc and us sharing it.
Speaker 2: This is how we do it when the technology.
Speaker 1: But I had no idea what that meant, because I know Carson Kelly went four for four on Monday night with a with a cycle. Maybe that was what four for four, but I didn't know. But it's first name, four letters, last name, four letters. Simple, let's hear it all right.
Speaker 3: So Tony Payna is the catcher. Tony Payanna caught more games nineteen hundred and fifty without catching a no hitter than anyone in Major League history, and he was a really good defensive catcher. Especially Norm Cash is our first baseman. Go back and look at his nineteen sixty one season once, Jeff. It was just incredible. And this still amazes me. Norm Cash drove in one thousand, over one thousand runs in his career and never had a walk off RBI of any kind. No walk off homer, no walk off single, never got hit by a pitch or walked with the bases loaded, or hit a sacrifice fly to drive in a run as a walk off RBI, not one. And he was a really good player. Don't get me wrong, Okay. Jeff Kent is our second baseman. I think he should be in the Hall of Fame, but he's on and off the ballot. We'll see where he goes from here. Pete Rose is our third baseman, and Bill Hall is our shortstop. I was gonna go with Hobby By, but his real name is hobber Biez, even though he goes by Hobby. Bill Hall went by Bill Hall and had some great games. By the way, on Mother's Day. Another reason we've got Bill Hall as our shortstop, one of our outfielders, our premier outfielder Dabe Ruth is the captain of the all four by four.
Speaker 1: Team, okay, and he's coming in in relief as well.
Speaker 3: As he can pitch for this team. Also, Juan Soto very much in the news every day. Four by four. Fred Linn he went by Freddy sometimes with his fred Lynne to me, Adam Dunn is our designated hitter and our pitcher. And this took a little while. Jeff Vida Blue, and people who forget Vida Blue, Oh my gosh, you should have seen him in the early seventies. Jeff. It was absolutely stunning, how hard he threw, how great he was. And the owner of the Oakland A's came to him and said, for marketing purposes, we want you to change your name, your first name to true so his name would be True Blue Blue. Vida said, not a chance. By the way, how much better name is there than Vida Blue. I mean, who would want to ever chase my name was Vita Blue. I'd be the happiest guy in the world. I mean, what a name. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: You don't like when people call us cold?
Speaker 1: Calls to say, is mister kajerkchin there?
Speaker 3: Jev I did a radio show. This is probably fifteen years ago. The guy, the the host introduced me as our guest, Tim Kajerkchen. That's what he said. So, I mean, look, my name, our name has been butchered more times than anybody. So but I did have to explain, all right, it's actually Tim Kirkchin. He goes, geez, I'm sorry, he said, I thought there was a jerk in there somewhere. That's what he said about my last about our last name. So all right, enough of that.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be Tim Kajerkchin or Tom Kirkchin?
Speaker 3: Right? Well, Tom Kirchen is another story, and we'll finish the podcast with this, Okay. I went to an auction with your mother Kathy, and they were auctioning off one of my books and they auctioned it off, like, come to our auction. Tim Kirchen of ESPN is going to come to the auction and we're going to auction off his book. And after one week, we got eleven likes. After a week and the guy who was running the auction calls your momb and says, oh, can't wait for Tim to come. It's blowing up. We have eleven likes, eleven in a week, Jeff, that's not even two a day. So they auction off my book, and the auctioneer, nice guy, not trying to be critical, holds my book up in the air and says, all right, he's here, the guy we've all been waiting for. You see him on TV every night. He's written a book. Mister Tom Kirchen is here. So I wasn't about to correct you. But for the rest of the afternoon at the auction, people were coming up to me, you know, tapping me on the shoulder, slap me on the back and say Tom, it's really nice to meet you. So there you go, Tom Kirchin.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was a listener of Dan LeBatard. I think he just made a big note.
Speaker 3: He just made a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for listening. As always, thank you for being a part of our family. We'll be back with you a new episode on Tuesday.