Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and you get double the dose. On Saturday, we got two classics back to back.
Speaker 2: Which is definitely listen to.
Speaker 1: That's true. And hey, just on the side, if anybody is a huge swiftye out there, Alexis put together a really fun game. We do a podcast exclusive over on our other feed, just the Brook and Jeffrey main feed, where we play a game called Today Versus Back in the Day and it's all Taylor themed. Yeah, because of Life of a Showgirl that got announced this week. So if you guys want to have some fun, get some good tailor trivia and a little bit of nonsense, head over to that main feed. But right now we're gonna start with comments before we get into this double second date. Joel the cool guy. Oh, not me saying he's cool, but I appreciate that guy said, always listen to you guys while drawing or biking to work. Keep it up. I love listening. Greetings from the Netherlands, Yeah, where everyone bikes. Yeah, basically it's so cool. I want to know what you're drawing? Are you drawing us? Do we look good? You want to be model? Okay? Alexis just volunteered. All right, your double dose of Second Date Classics starts right now.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just me, but I feel like whenever I'm out in the world, it's a huge conversation changer the moment I tell someone I actually host a radio show. Yeah, you guys get that too.
Speaker 1: People are always really interested in what that looks like.
Speaker 2: Everyone to me is like, whoa, Really, you don't seem good at talking in real life.
Speaker 1: Well, your coworkers say that too, Well, that all.
Speaker 2: Might be true. I'm just saying. Our jobs are definite attention grabbers when we bring them up, but it's nothing compared to the woman that we call today, because when we found out what she does for a living, everyone in the room stopped and wanted to know every single detail. You're gonna understand why when you hear it in your second Date update right after this Second Date Update date. Occasionally we check back in with callers months after they come on the show to see how their relationship is going love. When we do that, we call it a second Date Update Update. Yeah, but today we're doing something kind of new. We have a second Date Update Update Update. That's a triple update.
Speaker 1: Now we're getting clingy. Can you know what I mean? Like, can't we just let people live their lives at some point?
Speaker 2: Jeff, It's like second update Square. No, we want to be as deeply involved in our listeners' lives as possible with them. We're doing a TRUP date today. Yeah, in a few of those different meaning though, But seriously, one of our listeners, Anthony, reached out to us again. So first of all, Anthony, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in a hard time placing what Anthony, what you were on before.
Speaker 2: So last time Anthony was on, you were dating a woman named Mallory, and you guys were saying that you were happy together, but she was having you pay for a lot of her and her friend's activities.
Speaker 1: Oh I kind of remember this, and we're like, oh, she's using you. And then you're like, no, she's hot. Is that am I remembering?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: That's pretty close?
Speaker 2: No, Mallory, it's just you today, Anthony. What's going on?
Speaker 3: H So with Mallory? I ran out of money?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you broke what?
Speaker 2: Just go get a bank loan?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Did she wait? Did she leave you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she basically dropped me after I stopped paying for everything for her and her friends.
Speaker 2: So alexis good.
Speaker 1: Right, I see where she's coming from, Like, you.
Speaker 2: Go, girl, that sucks, man, But it sounds like you're better off.
Speaker 1: Without that, which I think told you so Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is that it?
Speaker 1: Guess if you went on at a date with another person that you're interested in?
Speaker 3: Yes, that has been happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's the new girl?
Speaker 3: I found a new woman named Lisa?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and what do you like about her?
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing that stands out to me about her I find fascinating is that she does private security detail for celebrity.
Speaker 2: Whoa, wow, that's such an interesting one of your employees. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Let's get her on the phone.
Speaker 2: Was that was that like right there on her dating profile?
Speaker 3: No, that's just something that came out after. But she won't tell me who these clients are. And that's what I'm always trying to get out.
Speaker 2: Of her job at least, yeah, privacy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So have you guys been on one date? Two dates? Where you at?
Speaker 3: We just got out once?
Speaker 2: Okay, how did it go?
Speaker 3: It went pretty well? I mean, another thing that I thought was pretty funny. Is one thing I did see on her profile is there's like an a that comes up on people's profiles that says today's high flyer of the week, like when they're getting a lot of action. I guess that's what.
Speaker 1: They call it app it's funny.
Speaker 2: Is that a good thing for you or a red flag?
Speaker 3: Jury's out on that, but I mean I call it. I was calling her the high flyer as as a joke.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: Is that something that she puts on her profile or is it something that the app does automatically? Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to apps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the app does that if you're really popular on the app.
Speaker 2: That's another interesting talking point though, to bring up on the date, like how did it go?
Speaker 3: I was good At first. I couldn't tell if she was going to be a real person or not. But she was exactly how she described herself.
Speaker 1: So she's real pretty is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well she's pretty casual. She showed up in Gucci sweats, a Tupac couldie.
Speaker 2: Okay, she doesn't have a sense of styles.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cute, but I thought it was pretty cool and we did have fun. She talks a lot about this charity work she does, so she's really big on giving back to the community. And I was able to relate because I was just involved with the charity with my ex girlfriend and her friends.
Speaker 2: So I hope did say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that how you brought it up?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, I made that joke and then failed to go to further detail about it with their books.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, so we didn't even ask what were you guys doing? Were you drinking?
Speaker 5: Eating?
Speaker 1: What was the date about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a couple of drinks. We went to a happy hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's chill. So that's why she could wear the sweatshirt in the sweatpants. I see you budgeting.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: I I think she wanted to see me in the daylight.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like you had a good connection with her?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 3: I did, But yeah, I could definitely tell why she is the high flyer because her phone keeps buzzing the whole time we're together. I have a suspicion that she's definitely talking to more guys than just me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: I mean, jose, if you were out on a date with someone who was a high flyer, is that a red flag to you.
Speaker 1: No, I would just be happy that I'm on a date.
Speaker 2: You're buying a ticket onto that plane.
Speaker 1: Maybe she wants to take step off the fast plane, move on to the slope plane with him.
Speaker 2: And I'm definitely over overall, though, how do you think the first date went good?
Speaker 5: Bad?
Speaker 3: I think it went good, okay. I was hoping that we're gonna go on another date. But her responses are a little spotty.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I don't know if you did this or not, but did you ever point out, hey, your phone is buzzing a lot, or you're getting a lot of dudes trying to hit you up right now?
Speaker 1: Come across as weirdly?
Speaker 3: I didn't think that would be a good style. I'm a fire. I played it cool. I played it cool. It was, it was just slightly up inside.
Speaker 2: You seem to have answers. Let's find out what Lisa has to say for herself. We're gonna call the high flyer directly.
Speaker 1: Maybe she charted it as well.
Speaker 2: As what's on her chart. We do your second date update right after this second date update. Imagine being out with someone you're very interested in and finding out that they do security detail for the rich and famous cool, but they won't tell you who not only that they're a verified high flyer on the dating app where you met them.
Speaker 1: Which means that they get a lot of action on the front page.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, or I don't know, someone just paid to feature.
Speaker 1: Them or something like that.
Speaker 2: And they wear Gucci sweats with Tupac hoodies to first dates like it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're cool for me personally.
Speaker 2: This is a very interesting second date call because, like jose said before, I really hope that she actually answers us because we don't get to talk to people like this very often.
Speaker 1: Y he cannot be the one that also like pries into who the celebrities are she works for.
Speaker 2: Just ask.
Speaker 1: I know he already want the day she didn't want to answer her.
Speaker 2: But if she's like standing next to Kim Kardashian right now, is like I can't talk. I mean, we do want a lot of answers from her, but the main thing we want to know is why she's not going out with Anthony. That's true because this is a very unique type of woman and Anthony. Best part is she hasn't made you pay for anything yet. Either, but you are willing to yes.
Speaker 1: Wait oh yeah, wait you paid for the date though, right, Anthony? You paid for happy hour?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I paid for the date at the bar. But it wasn't like with Mallory. I wasn't paying for her parking and you know.
Speaker 1: The last girl that you were on the show with.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you'll pay for her parking on the second date at least. Let's let's call her and try and figure out where that's going to be and if she'll go out with you. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Lisa? Yes, it is Hey Lisa. What's up? You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey and Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Lisa.
Speaker 7: Oh hi, I guess I can't project us.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard us before. We're low key Bougie, the lowest key.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's wearing a free show shirt.
Speaker 7: Got Okay, what is it all about? I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, we're one of those weird shows that helps listeners with their dating lives. When they go out with someone and they're not getting a return callback, we reach out and try and help figure out the reason why. Okay, I know, pretty pathetic on our part, but people get paid to do it.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jeff. I kind of like this segment, but I like it too.
Speaker 2: My parents are really ashamed of it. But that's not it's not about us. We're trying to ask about you and your relationship with a guy named Anthony.
Speaker 7: Oh. Okay, you guys would to Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: Okay, pretty great guy, huh.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, he's a nice guy, good looking.
Speaker 1: Oh what was your thoughts on the date?
Speaker 7: I mean it was really chill. We just had a couple of drinks at happy hour and it was just a date.
Speaker 1: Oh, nothing to write home about, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, was there any like big red flags to you for why you're not going out with him again because he said he's been trying to organize a second meetup and it's not quite happening.
Speaker 7: I mean no, there weren't any red flags when we were sitting there talking. I mean, he was very interesting, he was interested in me, asked me a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I offer something up that he told us? Because sure, he said he was worried he may have offended you by prying too much into your job because he found out you helped organize security for big time celebrities.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, yeah, I just made that up to sound interesting.
Speaker 2: Wait what, man? I was interested even We were prepared with all these questions to try and get you to reveal who you do security for.
Speaker 1: Usually when somebody lies on a date, there's like shame and stuff. You're laughing like a joke to you.
Speaker 7: Well, I couldn't tell him what my real job is.
Speaker 2: What can you tell us your real job?
Speaker 7: I guess at this point, if I'm not going to see him again and share, I'll tell you what my real job is.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 7: So I am actually part owner of the dating site?
Speaker 2: Wait way, wait a minute, you met Anthony?
Speaker 7: Yeah. Oh, some friends had the idea and we were just talking about stuff and it's just an idea. Well, they moved forward and they asked if I wanted to be an early investor, and so let's do it, and it just kind of blew up.
Speaker 1: So when it says high flyer on your dating app, that just means like CEO or something modeling pretty much.
Speaker 7: I mean, we were looking for trying to like do a feature like on the app, and I just said I'll do it. I'm single. I don't care about the attention whatever.
Speaker 1: Wow, market research Apparently it makes an impact.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wait, why did you just tell him that you were the app owner?
Speaker 7: Well, to be honest, I go on a lot of dates, and I mean, eventially I would tell people what the deal is, but also it would be a little creepy. I would think in the beginning, we're trying.
Speaker 2: To help him figure out what's the reason that you're not going out again? That's what he's confused about. Okay, okay? Is it so many men? Just so many men you can't choose one?
Speaker 7: No, No, that is not the reason. So as an admin, I can tell that he's been messaging other women, and when we are on a day and talking, he told me in conversation that it was just him and I talking.
Speaker 1: That feels like invasion of privatesten when you check off on the agreement, I mean, it says.
Speaker 7: Any co founder or manager can monitor your account in your activity, So well, am I right.
Speaker 2: To do that? That's crazy and it.
Speaker 7: Just proves that men are pigs.
Speaker 2: Oh weird, Anthony, what do you think about hearing all that?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: Hi, Lisa, because I forgot to tell you, Lisa it's down, way, way deep in our agreement. When you come on the phone that listening. Okay, oh wow, you're super chill.
Speaker 3: I'm a little shocked, but I totally understand like that you could that Why you had to put that in your profile.
Speaker 1: Feels like the last time you were on the show, like you just agree with women no matter what what they do to you. Woman's been light. She like invaded your privacy and you're just chill still.
Speaker 3: So wait a second. You could actually go into my app and see all the messages, like everything that I've ever written on there?
Speaker 7: Yes, I can.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I know Anthony's thinking of like three things said hope.
Speaker 2: You keep a PG on their money. That's how you know she cares.
Speaker 3: You can't see pictures right, Yes, I can.
Speaker 2: No, you can zoom in on them.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you'll have to zoom in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do I doubt that? I doubt that.
Speaker 2: Let's go down a bad path.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that you weren't talking to anybody else either, because.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I'm talking to some people. Oh I was honest about that. On the dates, he implied that I was the only person he was talking to you.
Speaker 1: But you wouldn't have cared if he said, I see that. Why why did you say that, Anthony?
Speaker 3: Well, you're the only person that I've met on the app that I actually like and respect.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't respect any other person you're talking about? Well, it's not good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I came out wrong, baby, But you's the only one I have really found interested in and I haven't met anybody like you, whether it was on the app or not.
Speaker 7: Well, I have your profile pulled up right now, and it looks like that you're trying to set up something with somebody named Clarissa.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Respect Lisa. You said a little bit jealous of that, even I.
Speaker 7: Don't know about jealous. But look, I would have been totally fine if he had said, Yeah, I'm talking to other people too. I get it. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: I'm blocking I'm blocking Clarissa right now.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like you need to be truthful about everything another app.
Speaker 2: Definitely, something is happening here for sure, and it feels good. It does feel good, And I'd like to offer to send you guys out on another date that we will pay for once.
Speaker 3: Once again, can I just reiterate that I'm serious you are the only one I've taken serious that I've met on there, and I'm really hoping that you're going to say yes.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 7: Well that's very sweet, Anthony. I appreciate that. Yeah, I mean I'm a yes. I would say yes. Start over, fresh slate, start from the beginning. Now that everything's on the table, we start over.
Speaker 2: Okay, And we also have fourteen other guys who want to know if you'll go out with them. What would you like to say to them?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, if I'm being honest, I am still talking to the other guys fourteen on the other side for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, but how many of those guys do you respect?
Speaker 7: All Right?
Speaker 2: Well, more research with the second day on our bill, we're going to pay for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Before you go, can you force matches because there's a couple of girls that aren't responding to me that I'm wondering to help out a little creepy.
Speaker 7: That's a hard no.
Speaker 5: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know. The thing that I'm coming to terms with us is we just have to get it through our heads that people lie on dates. Yes, it can be small little white lies or big giant ones. But people do it all the time, whether it's to make themselves look better or for whatever reason, and we don't all.
Speaker 1: Have the access to fact check them like she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, and it's not so much if you lie, it's what you lie about that's really important. She lied about what her job was out of boredom from all the dates that she goes on. He lied saying that she was the only girl that he was talking to on the dating app, and she found out that was untrue.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't he even offer it up?
Speaker 2: Don't you know, like, just don't it sounds like one of those nice lies that you tell someone that they're the only one that you like, or it's like.
Speaker 1: I never do this when you know that that person always does it.
Speaker 2: You're really good at it. Yeah, but I do you feel like society has really progressed because they were totally okay with each other's lies in the.
Speaker 1: End each other out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how lies work. Yes, Yes, no matter what, no lie, You can always email the show for help. We're willing to call that person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: When you need some quality life advice. Who do you turn to, your friends, your parents? Sometimes local morning radio show.
Speaker 1: Flattered.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's a good idea, but one of our listeners says he got some unsolicited life advice from a bartender one night, which wasn't really sure about. But when he actually tried it, not only did this advice instantly triple his income, it also may have helped him meet the love of his life. Oh my god, you're gonna hear what a total stranger convinced him to do to change his fortunes in your second Date update, next Second Date up date. This is gonna be be extremely helpful for our listeners because not only are we going to hear a new second Date update, but this is a situation with a potential new job opportunity where our listeners can leave their sucky workplaces and start making triple their normal salary.
Speaker 1: Is this streaming too, because I already discovered that are you making triple yet?
Speaker 2: I'm making a lot of money. It's not playing video games with kids online. No. Our listener says he did this and ended up actually meeting someone that way. His name is Zach, and Zach, you're doing your email said your life has changed dramatically in the last twelve months. Why big time.
Speaker 4: I met this girl due to my new job, because I went from I like.
Speaker 1: How your voice gets deep when.
Speaker 2: You say it sorry, it sounds like you like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your new job?
Speaker 4: Well, the ill job sucked. I was only making like forty k there. It was dead and wasn't gonna get any better. I hated it. So anyway, the company if I had an event for all the employees, and I went to it and they had an open bar there.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're talking about the sucky company that wasn't paying you anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it sounds good right now with an open bar, but yeah, it gets pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, okay, open bar equals ye, like, I'll take payment in white cloth.
Speaker 4: I ended up passing back a few and during that I bonded and became friends with the guy that was bartending all right, And I was telling him about the job I was doing in my situation and how bad it was, and he tells me, he goes, man, you should just quit and start what I'm doing. And what he was doing he was a mobile bartender.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a buddy who just started a company like this.
Speaker 1: Wait, isn't that just like catering? Like, I don't what's the difference.
Speaker 4: It's kind of more like a food truck that served drinks.
Speaker 1: People have little.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he tells me that I could triple my old income and he and so he starts filling me in. He goes, you only work a few hours a day. You can make your own schedule.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds too good to be true. Do you have experience bartending?
Speaker 4: I don't, not really I do.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, now you do?
Speaker 1: Okay, correct, and that's what you're doing now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. It's going really good. I mean, you get hired to do this stuff and you go to a lot of different places.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you just calling for a second date because you want to promote your company?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is how you met the woman that we're going to call here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, her name is Bethany, and I got hired to do a backyard party that was a bachelor flash bachelorette party. I guess they just wanted to do it all together.
Speaker 2: So they didn't brook did the same thing. Because she's cheap, like that, so.
Speaker 1: It's fun, like all the wedding party gets to know each other, like the girls know the guys, and it makes it more like fun at the wedding zoo.
Speaker 2: You can choose another guy you want to leave too, if you want to. I get it. So, how did you meet Bethany there?
Speaker 4: So she ends up being a guest at that party.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And the more she came up, which was only a few times, but we started having good conversations, started talking. She was super fun. She was real bubbly and outgoing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by her seventh Margarita, I would expect her to be fun.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you probably meet so many different people now, like, but she really stood out to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah she did. And you know she's in great shape. She tells me that she's a cycling instructor.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: But while we were talking, she had asked me what I do. I told her, well, you're looking at it, this is it, this is my business.
Speaker 2: Now cool? She impressed.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know. It seemed like she was okay with it. But she goes, oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say there's a stigma that comes along with bartenders you know, too much fun, too much fun. I think it's more like too much fun without you. Yeah, it's the problem.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: And when they are free it is terrible times.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now he's also the bartending business owner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a little extra. Hey, Monday at noon, do you want to go on a day because that's.
Speaker 4: The only time I have available, right, And I guess bartenders are normally struggling for money, So maybe she thought that that was a different tech bro.
Speaker 1: That's actually not part of the stigma.
Speaker 2: What you do in your free time.
Speaker 1: Socially, it is for work hours.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you and Bethany had a stronger connection than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she gave me her number, okay, and she came up a few more times. But I've been trying to get a hold of her, been trying to text her, and she's kind of ghosting me her anything back at all.
Speaker 1: So you guys haven't gone out on a date yet.
Speaker 4: We have not gone out on a date, okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, looking back on the event that you work, was there any awkward moments between you two?
Speaker 4: The only one I can think of, which isn't all that bad. She's you know, naturally as she started coming up to the bar. She was getting a little tipsy towards the end of the night. Hopefully she wasn't embarrassed by me actually suggest that she pulled her dress up a little bit because well, things were starting to fall out of the top.
Speaker 5: Of the top.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: She's trying to help her out different next time.
Speaker 4: I was telling her that the shirt or anything.
Speaker 2: Because Alexis has done that five different times and it's never worked out. Proud my skirts, about my neck. I don't get anything, all right, So you said you've been in contact with her, but nothing has come of it.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 1: And do you promise us that you didn't ask for anyone else's number at that party, because well they're all friends.
Speaker 4: Not only did I not ask for anyone else's number that day, I've been doing this for over a year and have never asked anybody.
Speaker 2: We've met the one upstanding bartender in the entire world, because he done it.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie.
Speaker 2: Given another year, you'll be a different man. But in the meantime, let's call Bethany for you. We're gonna come back and try and get your second date update. Right after this second date update, t Payne once said, I love the bartender. Yeah, we'd be looking for me, but our bartender is not getting any love. That's what he does for a living. He left his old job a year ago and started a mobile business serving drinks at different events, where he ended up meeting a lady named Bethany at a backyard joint bachelor bachelorette party.
Speaker 1: And it's the only woman in an entire year that he's ever asked for her number.
Speaker 2: That's the type of impact that she had on him. They opened up to each other there, shared about their lives and their interests, even after she gave him her number, though she is not responding to him and they haven't done an official first date. She's the opposite of t paint. She's not in love with Yeah, but we wanted to get there so I mean, honestly, Zach, you're lucky that you're on the phone right now because if you were in studio, Brooke would be filling up your tip jar with so much cash, that's right, and other things trying to big.
Speaker 1: Poor that is. It's not a euphemism or anything. I just like a lot of alcohol in my cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a euphemism. Brook is a problem at every event that she goes to in a good way. But she's actually going to be on your side today.
Speaker 1: I am, I am. You know you said that the only like maybe kind of embarrassing moment was at the end when you told her to pull her top up because she was kind of losing things. I don't know, I mean as a drunk woman that the tops are always falling off. Did you say topp her dress? You know there's different like understood, Yeah, understood? I see.
Speaker 2: I Well, maybe she was pulling it down for you. Classic broke she'd be like, hello, I showed up with put it away. Excuse me, sir.
Speaker 1: The left ones out for a reason.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I mean, we can speculate all we want, we actually have to call Bethany here and figure out what's going on. Let's do it. I'm gonna call her.
Speaker 1: I just imagining just having one moob out.
Speaker 2: Here. We go call him Bethany. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to Bethany.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Hey Bethany. Sorry to interrupt your day, but we're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yi, welcome to the show. Hi.
Speaker 2: We're wanting to be a part of this segment we're doing called a Second Date Update, because we're trying to help out one of our listeners get in touch with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys never really went on a date, but yeah, but you made a connection.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, you don't have to be nervous. We don't bite you. Sounds like you just got cornered.
Speaker 8: A lot of voices.
Speaker 2: We just we just want to ask you about a guy that you met recently at like a bachelor bachelorette event. He was the bartender there named Zach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what'd you think of Zach?
Speaker 8: You know, I thought it was really nice at first.
Speaker 1: At first, but then he was really sexy.
Speaker 2: Secondly something changed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he kept going like on and on and on about how he like put his job and now he has this business and been doing so well and so much more money.
Speaker 2: We spoke to him a little bit before, and he heard that he's very proud of his new business because he started it all himself.
Speaker 8: And that's great, that's great to be proud. But he also didn't seem to want to know anything about what I was doing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's too bad.
Speaker 8: It was very uncomfortable. And then and then at one point, like things got busy, you know, like a lot of people were drinking and he had like ran out of diet coke, and so I helped him and I went and grabbed some of the dit coke for him, Like, oh, I could do that, that's not problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, He's still a little flirty with him at that point.
Speaker 8: It was just yeah, he was alone, and I've worked different service industry jobs and so I know how it gets, and so I'm like, yeah, let me just help you out, Like it's a nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's yeah, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 8: I thought so too, But he'd already had my number at that point. He must have really appreciated me grabbing those diet cokes because he vinmowed me twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what do you mean he venmoed you twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: He paid you for what?
Speaker 1: What did he put in the comments of the Venmo?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 8: Can you put here's a tip for the bartender? It's weird, kind of like I was just being nice. I just felt really weird and kind of like you know, like when like creepy old men and you like do something nice and then they like slip you like you know something.
Speaker 1: So she's talking to you, give me an comfortable syb you're saying, creepy old men started as creepy young men.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I'm just like, is this the modern version of like an old man slipping you some cash?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean yeah, maybe slipping slipping money could be a little bit creepy, but this is going to be worth There's nothing creepy about somebody quietly listening in on a phone conversation wanting to join right about that because our company, Because Zach is on the other line wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Hello, there, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sad.
Speaker 3: I apologize.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to offend you with the tip there. I just didn't know what to do there and just thought, well, you know, let me, she helped me out.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 8: You're a normal person.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen to her, Zach. That was part of the problem.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, beth Andy, tell him how you were feeling, you.
Speaker 8: Know, like just it felt like like you were Yeah, I know you felt.
Speaker 4: I heard the conversation. I get it, well, currying her out, Yeah, I just appreciated the fact.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so really, well, I know that you're a bartender, and a good lesson for bartenders is to listen to the customers because they'll actually stick around.
Speaker 1: Lesson to just people, right, Like, did you ask her one question that you could remember?
Speaker 8: No, I guess not a memory.
Speaker 1: Would you like to ask her anything about herself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know what you normally drink? Is there a second favorite that you have?
Speaker 2: Well, that's something?
Speaker 1: Is it something, Jeff?
Speaker 2: At least it's a question about her.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I didn't think sending her twenty dollars would be that big a deal. I figure she she told me she was a cycling instructor. Didn't think she was getting rich on that.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's probably true, though, let's be honest.
Speaker 7: It depends on the studio.
Speaker 8: You can actually make pretty good money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach, maybe you should maybe leave your bartending job and getting discycling if there's that much money in it.
Speaker 1: I saw a thing recently where they put a blender on the front of a bike and you could do both. Where you have to make your own margarita by pedaling really fast.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's so smart. That could be your niche.
Speaker 4: I actually don't know how to ride a bike.
Speaker 1: Oh it was it was stationary? Yeah, I bet that was a lot to hear. That was a lot to hear. Yeah, it sounds like he means well, but it's.
Speaker 2: Not coming out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe Zach has learned some lessons in the last few minutes. Zach, what have you learned from this call?
Speaker 4: I learned that she never answered her question about her second favorite drink?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and that's this guy.
Speaker 2: Well, we always offer this because we kind of have to, But Bethany, we would love to send you out on another on a first date, actually with Zach.
Speaker 8: Does he have to be there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach does have to be there. And the good news is nobody has to pay through Venmo or anything. We're going to cover the bill.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm up for anything, really, as long as we don't ride bikes anywhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did that be?
Speaker 1: Ironic? A cycling instruction? Dating the guy.
Speaker 2: Who couldn't write, Bethany? You want to get him a shot?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 8: I think I should just stick to my gut from our first interaction. Okay, I appreciate the offer.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right.
Speaker 1: Well you got your answer, Zach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you tip us forty dollars, we'll ask her again.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 4: I mean I can see what's going on. I can read between the lines, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like I was very straightforward to I think all the lines had all the writing on him.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd be impressed, Bethany, just by the fact he could.
Speaker 5: Read yes, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm not even feeling sad.
Speaker 1: For Zach because Zach wouldn't hear you anyway.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, you don't know. He kind of embarrassed himself on the radio. He's meaning so many hotties at these bartending events. Now he is going to be just fine in the dating world.
Speaker 1: Know if he can stop talking about himself. Yeah, I mean, honestly, like it sounds like so simple and it's so hard for some people.
Speaker 2: There's a line, if you're excited about your new success, you can only tell your old friends that knew you when you were broke. If you tell new people, hey, I'm rich and I have a company, isn't that cool, They're gonna be like, no, you sure, But next week we're probably gonna get an email from him saying he just met another woman, but this one's his soul made because she can't ride a bike either.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean it would be cute to see him on trading wheels.
Speaker 2: I will love that duel bicycle wheels, Zach. We're all rooting for you out therebody, but make sure you listen to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Wherever you find your podcast, you can hear more second dates, just like that one.