Speaker 1: Jock Jams, let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. It's me, Joey p with me? Is the Welsh again?
Speaker 2: Three straight?
Speaker 1: Well again?
Speaker 3: What sort of did I win? You're like, I'm with Welsh again.
Speaker 1: It's the opposite of disdain. It is.
Speaker 2: It is pure joy and and I'm grateful to the universe.
Speaker 1: You know how people like to talk about the universe that actually cares about their individual moments. I've clearly become one of those people where I'm very happy that the universe has worked out for me that I have you here for an extra day this week. And of course we're talking about all the crazy, wacky things that went on in Major League Baseball last night, and there were plenty of them. Welsh. Let's start with Jack Peterson going absolutely bananas. Three home runs, eight Ribby's. That's a pretty good night for Jock Peterson. I wonder if anybody picked him in the home run contest.
Speaker 2: I highly doubt it.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine someone did it. Definitely is one of those where I'm just like, dang it, why wasn't I there. You know what I love about Jock Two. Jock has also turned himself into like like a competitive division softball player. His body, he doesn't look like a baseball player anymore. It's what's so special, by the way about baseball, and he just it's kind of like a me looking guy like you and me. He just gets up there and he's just cranking homers, and he cranks three of them. And I think he also that game was just wild in general, the Mets coming back how they did the three homers. Mets baseball in general has been much watch TV, and Jock definitely will make you feel a little bit better just about you know, general athleticism for all of us.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: You know, I always support those those body types in Major league baseball. I also, you know, it's funny. I remember the arc of his minor league career, and remember how excited everybody was at Jock Peterson was gonna cop He had like a four hundred OVP I think at one point in the minor leagues, and he was supposed to be this guy was just gonna crush everything, and that just never really happened. He became like a platoon player. It's kind of balanced around the last few years. I mean, certainly made an impact in Atlanta last year, but still it's it's it's kind of funny that, you know, the more you look back, there's so many more Jack Peterson's and maybe Jared Keelnix than there are guys like Juan Soto, And it's just a good reminder in those dynasty leagues and those formats you play on, if you could acquire a good, young, talented major league player for a prospect, most of the time is probably.
Speaker 2: A good idea. Would you agree with that sentiment most of.
Speaker 3: The time, Yeah, I think most of the time. Yeah, there's nuance to all of it, but it is for sure like Jock is actually he's kind of like the prototypical baseball player now, you know, it's like at two forty, you know, there's some big power outputs. Maybe I go zero for ten with five strikeouts, like you know, you never know, like he's gonna keep you surprised. He's like a birthday present every day you don't know what you're gonna get. Lou Trash are the best player in baseball.
Speaker 1: So you're right, I feel like the league has come to Jock Peterson though I think that's more. I think he's been this guy and all the rest of the league. He's like, Yeah, you know what I think we're all gonna do with Jock Peterson does Lindor Homer's in that same game, drives in six runs again, crazy situation.
Speaker 3: Fourteen RBIs between those two fourteen Yeah, wild.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy. Could you imagine if you had those two guys in the DFS lineup? Imagine you won. You had to have won money last night. Cindergaard to handle the Rangers last night, got a w there, Danny Jansen two home runs of his own, a lot of home runs last night. Hit a lot of weird ones too. But vlad Guerrero goes deep after a huge cold streak, which is great because Vladdie hasn't hit a dinger in some time. So hopefully this gets Bladdy going. Are you hopeful that we're getting to the to the Vladdie hot streak, that we're right on the precipice of this, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I got a bet slip that was most homers by Vladimir Guerrero Junior. Just I have a couple of those guys, and so yeah, I'm very, very hopeful that can get picking up. I don't have anyone is gonna catch you. Let me ask you, do you think anybody is going to catch Judge? And I say it like it's kind of like hyperbolic, but like, you know, it's may. There's so much time in front of us. The obvious answer would be like, yeah, dude, of course, but like really think about like how dominant he's been, his lead he has. You really think anybody is gonna like really catch Aaron Judge. Is he gonna run away with this?
Speaker 1: You know? With Judge there's always that injury risk because we've seen it happen a lot in his career. If anyone can do it, I still think Alvarez is the guy to do it because that's a guy that could just go on these monstrous You know, the guys are gonna have those three home run games, those two home run games like they're nothing. John He's got a big deal.
Speaker 3: J Peterson's gonna leadball.
Speaker 1: John Peters is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But those are the kind of guys that I would look to. But I think Judge is the favorite. He's a favorite on FanDuel over the weekend. For that same wager, you could make and rightfully so as he should be. And I think Alfred was number two, and Alvarez is that guy that I can think cold really challenge him.
Speaker 2: I think Vlad could also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a part of me that's not done. Even though I know he's got half of the homers that Judge does. There's a hard one that would one slow month, you know, yeah, well yeah, with the injury stuff, it really kind of comes it into play.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't, like, you know, put Vlad to bed here on that scenario. But I just don't know if it's even gonna happen. It's one of those where it's like, I think I don't know what the number is right now. I had imagine that would look so juicy, whatever it's plus eight hundred for him to lead or whatever, but is it even worth it. You're thrown away your money because Judge looks I'm just trying to make this all about you. He just looks so dominant when you think about homers and so locked in that it's like a lot of these other guys maybe don't have that batting average that comes with a player. Why I would bet on Vlad, But Judge's playing out of his mind, but thank god Glad is breaking out of it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Here's a fun fact from Wonky Penguin Jock Peterson versu Righty's nine sixty seven ops versus lefties two hundred ops. Yaosa called split.
Speaker 3: Those are split ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Ms are splits. Indeed, nikes uh glabor.
Speaker 1: Torres also hit two home runs versus the Orioles. He was one of our lineup builders yesterday and is cheap yet again today. So it looks like Torres has finally found himself again, his back on track, which is used for this likeank e lineup, and it's something that they're gonna need, especially because it looks like Stanton. It's gonna get an MRI on that calf muscle and here we go again. I mean, this is the Giancarlos Stanton roller coaster that we're used to. Great productivity, cold Strey, great productivity, injury. It's just I don't know, It's one of these players that I always stay away from because I just feel like the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Stanton at this point?
Speaker 3: I've always been a Stanton guy though, because I agree a couple of years ago, but as far as where that juice is, that juice was in the back end of the top one hundred or outside the top one hundred and getting that type of prolific power, I think it's really really hard to pass up. But you know, there's just another instance of it. I've got shares. I've absolutely got some shares of Stanton. Picked him as my home run call yesterday has not been as dialed in, but that's a dialed in team. It's frustrating. It's a reminder, it's a clear reminder of these injured guys.
Speaker 1: You know, they all do it.
Speaker 3: That's the crazy thing is I get very like mush brained about injured players. Where a Pollyanna. I'll be like, oh, you know, just think about the potential. And it's like those guys always remind you. Buxton, you know who I consistently talk about kind of just consistently remind you about those dings and misses and stuff like that. Stanton, this is what Stanton does. De Gram, that's what he does. This is what these guys Clayton Kershaw, it's what he does. That injury. It comes back Joe to the injury prone versus injury plagued.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that. My favorite argument we've ever had in discussion we've ever had. Frank Schwindell also two home runs against Cincinnati yesterday, so Stanton wasn't the only injury out there. You also had MRI turning up clean for DJ Lemayhew and the left RST. So that's good. Jack Flaherty is gonna face live hitters on Thursday. That's huge, especially with that Stephen Matt's.
Speaker 2: Injury, so he went to the IL.
Speaker 1: Maybe you get Flaherty back in the next two weeks or so and Chris Bryant back to the IL with lower backstrain. Your thoughts on the Bryant injury and what to do with Chris Bryant, what to do to replace him?
Speaker 3: By the way, I mean, Jock Peterson be sitting out on the wire until you replaced Chris Bryant. Oh Calhoun, as long as he's anybody, any hot bat right now. I'm pretty frustrated because I actually came off of the Bryant train until he went to Colorado, and then I just tucked myself back into it. I didn't get a lot of shares because he was going for a just absurd cost this year, even though in a position that you want it, I think you got a hold, but I understand it comes down to il positional stuff. This still, this only feels like a couple of weeks. It's Colorado. It's not something I can completely give up on. But on my updated redraft ranks, he's falling and he has to fall because they're players that are just jumping over him. And frankly, you know, like popped in my mind. You got to think about, like what about who would you rather have rest of the season, Chris Bryan or Brandon Jury. You know, some of those guys are starting having well I'm just saying well, but I'm saying like Brian hasn't been performing at like an incredible clip and he's hurt and he's hurt again. Guys with Brandon injury continue to keep stabbing the ball how they are and are going to keep going the rest of the year. They're legit conversations you have to have if you're put to the test, if you're put to that test where you like, hey, listen, I don't have il spots or I don't have a big bench and I can't hold him.
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I mean, at this point, I'm not sure Bryant is so holdable that you couldn't choose Brandon Jury, even though you know we think he comes back to earth. It's a you know, we had a poll feature on here, I'd put it out there. I wonder, and I wonder what it would sit at.
Speaker 1: It's another than a long line of bizarre Colorado Rocky signings and the way they use their money. Like I keep always going back to the Daniel Murphy signing for Colorado is the one that just stuck with me and going, hey, we've got a bunch of guys who basically can only play first base and maybe a little second base. We have no DH Let's go sign Daniel Murphy and to plug that wholesome more like what you know, Chris Bryant. One is another one where I look at it and I says to myself, Okay, like I understand Chris Bryant. Maybe you're hoping that some better health means he maybe has a second leg of this career of his where he reaches a little bit more of the potential of that MVP caliber talent. So I get that, but I don't know. I mean, I keep coming back to the way they spend money and what they spend money on, and it just always looks like Colorado is a team that it's over before the season starts for them.
Speaker 3: But there are teams that I don't think have anything outside of their organization. And what I mean is like no one wants to go to Colorado. Pitchers don't want to go to Colorado. They have to interdevelop hitters don't necessarily want to go there. They're really pretty bad, like developmentally, Like this is like they think the first year that they did extended spring training games and stuff like, they don't partake in a lot of developmental stuff. They haven't really done that well internationally. They can't get guys to sign, so it's like if you can get one, you overpay them and hope, you know, if you sign him, they will come. And Chris Brian just wasn't that guy. Colorado's weird Pirates are kind of like that is going to go play with the Pirates. Who's going to play with you know some of those things.
Speaker 1: Well, the Pirates is just a failure by the scouting department to to identify the proper pieces to bring back in these trails. I mean there's some there's some organizations that do a great job of identifying talent to bring back in trades when they are going to sell off and the build padres. I feel like the Rays have done a pretty good job of that over the years, right sure. But then there's some organizations like the Pirates that just don't. I was actually on with Scotti Ferrell yesterday on his show, and he's a big Pirates fan, so of course he had asked me a Pirate question and we were talking about it, and I said, look, I don't want to crap on the Pirates, but you know, when you have a trade and you bring back Joe Muskgrove and then you can't develop Joe Muskgrove and then he goes and he's got a sub to era for the padres, you have to think about what are you collectively doing here where you're missing on the Gregory Polanco's I always thought Austin Meadows was incredibly overrated. We've had this conversation the other day about Brian Hayes. It's just it's frustrating to for Pirates fans because it's a really good fan base, and they were a kind of a fringe playoff team for a couple of years there, and then to watch all of that after the McCutcheon years just kind of get washed away is really frustrating because they're an unwatchable team, which is bad.
Speaker 2: Everybody's watching Trevor Story.
Speaker 1: By the way, fun fact, boys and girls, Trevor Story has driven in seventeen runs over his last five games, the most by any hitter over a five game stretch since twenty thirteen when Alfonso Sorano had eighteen over a five game stretch.
Speaker 3: Where that that no one's ever done it in the past, like player to have the last name Story with seventeen RBIs in a five game stretch and where's that stat where's the guy?
Speaker 1: Well, he wasn't He was the closest guy, So it's still Alfonso Soriano. But I actually did a video yesterday here on our YouTube channel welsh Well I suggested this is a great opportunity to trade Trevor Story. His value is at peak. You've seen the downside of Trevor Story. You know, he doesn't play in Colorado anymore. Granted, Benway's still a good ballpark. I do like him there, But I always believe that Trevor Story is just okay, and he propped up quite a bit by Colorado. The number suggests that, and I think this is a unique opportunity where he is through the roof right now and it's at least I don't know, worth kicking the tires to see what you can get back. Maybe it's an overpay. What are your thoughts on potentially dealing Trevor Story after this torred, torrid stretch he's at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's something that you can consider. There's there's guys that are sitting out on the wire that you've been able to pick up in the middle infield, there's some guys that are still going to get some run. Story's been a little bit inconsistent. I'd be curious about what that looks like. You know, if I were to make like a top five the Tradeables, if you will, there you go, there could be my YouTube series.
Speaker 2: Is that a movie with Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lungren. Weren't they on the Tradables?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a shoot off. This is a shoot off of that, and it's the five guys that you would look to trade right now. Story would make that list. I don't know if he's number one on it, but I would look and I would explore. I'd be an exploratory because, yeah, I kind of agree, like we saw the horrid, we're literally seeing the polar opposite of it. So can you be comfortable in the middle. I actually think you can hold because he's a shortstop and a second baseman, which is really nice for qualifications. It reminds me kind of like of Simeon last year. But you got to listen, you know, especially if you've got any other options. And shortstop was deep, middle infield was deep, so if you've got viable options out there, I would be looking at it for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, what kind of pieces would you be looking fort of curiosity your story?
Speaker 3: I would I think I would be focused. Well, but it's going to be need. It's going to be whatever the team. But see, that's the problem. If you have an offensive need, I'm not really sure trading Trevor story makes any sense, but if you have a pitching need, that makes a ton of sense. I would probably be targeted in on you know, maybe you get a two fer on SP. Maybe you get one higher SP and a little bit lower. Maybe you can get a bullpen arm, maybe you can spect it. Maybe you can get Clay Holmes and a really solid starting pitcher. I'm trying to think of what the starting pitcher is. I mean, maybe Cease coming off of a really bad start, just got lit up. Maybe you could get Cease and and home or just see straight up. I think ce straight up for a story would be fair if you had a pitching need.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, here's a fun trivia question for the group.
Speaker 1: You know, we always talk about, you know, the number one overall picks, and we talk about the guys that can't miss and all these things.
Speaker 2: Well, for all the number one picks we've ever.
Speaker 1: Had a Major League Baseball only one person, only one was ever drafted first overall and won a Cy Young Award.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: Just one? That seems like a crazy stat Who is that person? Peanuts and Cracker Jackson.
Speaker 3: I always look, and I don't want to look. I want to guess, I want to think about it, and I didn't.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Look, it's a player, that is he still on the roster.
Speaker 3: He's technically still in base technically.
Speaker 1: He's still on a roster. Yeah, So I just kind of curious with that.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 1: There's your little hint for everybody out there. But you would think there would be a couple of these at least, But no, no, no, not so much, which tells you just how hard it is to identify good pitching and no, what is not kersh on. If you want to guess again, you have to be part of the penuts and cracker jacks here, which means you have to be a subscriber Fantasy Pros MLB in order to make comments here in the chat. Let's go to the stat heroes. There's certainly plenty of them.
Speaker 2: Sunny Gray.
Speaker 1: Ten strikeouts for Sonny Gray, seven k's cinderguard, five k's over eight innings. Nice start for him. Jane McClanahan, how many strikeouts wel nine? Admit that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and I were, Actually we were fading betting pros yesterday. We said it, we did. I didn't like the eight and a half number that a lot of places were popping, but before the game it jumped up at seven and a half, so you could jump back on nine.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gossman had eight strikeouts of his own, no earned boys.
Speaker 2: He'd been fantastic.
Speaker 1: So anybody who's worried about Vin Gossman at the end of last year, I can't imagine you're worried anymore. And Ronzie Contreras, Am I saying it correctly because I know you're always.
Speaker 3: The rains runs? I mean, I think, yeah, real, all right, So.
Speaker 1: Give me your take on Contreras. Five innings, no earned runs, five k's. This seems like a first five kind of wager guy or a five inning pitcher. Probably right for the Pirates. Very little, Yeah, opportunity for wins. But can he be useful in terms of you know, peripheral stats and can he pile on off innings to make an impact there?
Speaker 3: Well, that's I think we were talking about this yesterday or Monday, whatever it was where it was that I'd said air Cross had brought up the librator versus contrerasts, and Contreras might be able to stick around longer. But they've brought him down into the miners. They put him into the bullpen. It's the Pirates. I'm really I question, like, how much will they push him because I don't think his innings can go as a starter of the entire year. Now he could get a load of starts, and he looked pretty good. He was commanding the fastball, wasn't getting hit up, wasn't giving up a lot of hard contact. He's a good pitcher. He's a top one hundred prospect, so I could buy in when he starts against suboptimal lineups. But I do think the league is going to adjust to him shortly, and I'm concerned that he's going to go back into the bullpen. So that's my level of where I'm at with him. You know, I think somebody popped in Aaron Ata. I just saw his name, and it's like I would rather have Ashby than Contrast at this point for sure. But he is someone to monitor, but I think he's going to become more of a streaming like an optimized streaming option than he is a hold and don't cut guy.
Speaker 1: All right, somebody did get the answer correct, Chrissebo's goggles says Price correct. It was David Price. That was the guy.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't have guessed that too.
Speaker 1: That would not have been the name that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would be because also you got to go back to like who were the top picture. I just don't remember, you know, like that far back, like who is the number one overall?
Speaker 1: Pick that?
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny.
Speaker 1: You don't get a lot of number one overall pictures typically speaking like wasn't Mark Appelle number one overall picture?
Speaker 3: Hell was a number of recently? Yeah, actually, it would be fun.
Speaker 2: Looking at Morgan was a number one overall pick.
Speaker 1: I remember because I had the baseball card. Usually typically it's a position player, but it's so funny to see that.
Speaker 3: It would it would be interesting to go back and look at the the success rate of the number one over I'll pick hitter versus pitcher, you know, like how many actually end up hitting and making the majors and having impact for the pitchers versus the hitters. I'm gonna guess it's probably like a sixty percent rate of hitters drafted over pitchers, and then the pitching rate. I mean, to win a cy Young, I think is is a beyond level of success. Even just making to the majors and winning double digits would be a success to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I you know me, if we're gonna start the rabbit hole, we're gonna go down it.
Speaker 1: So let's have some fun. Casey maies in twenty eighteen, obviously too soon.
Speaker 2: Position players.
Speaker 1: You know you go through here, Dansby Swanson, Brady Aiken twenty fourteen, not gonna happen, I was right, Marko Pel twenty thirteen, So that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Garrett Cole in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's one Pirates a Cy Young.
Speaker 2: He doesn't do well. No, I guess not.
Speaker 3: But I but if you want to go back to the if we don't want to like focus on the Cy Young thing and just talk about success.
Speaker 1: That's a successful Oh, that's a huge success there before that's stevens Rosburg. I think we could say some success David Price in two thousand and seven. He won it in twenty twelve. Continuing on man, some of these names are fantastic. Dilman Young and Matt Bush, Brian Bullington again of the Pirates, well done, Pirates boy, they talk about staying on brand. Looking through some of the other names, there's some good names here. Pat Burrow is a good one. Let's see Matt Anderson of the Tigers that did not work out. Chris Benson of the Pirates had a good career, did not work out. Those VARs Cy Young's are great. It's certainly interesting life. There's no doubt about that ex wife too.
Speaker 3: Wife was what I was saying.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I was imagine that social media was around then. Oh man, that would have been fantastic.
Speaker 1: Darren Erstad, Paul Wilson, there's a picture also did not work out for my mets. So yeah, you got to go all the way back to Brian Taylor in nineteen ninety one two, and then Chipper Jones in nineteen ninety so it's a little a little over the place, you know. But the pictures typically, I mean, there's a lot more of the Andy Bennis and Ben McDonald's than there are the Garrett Coles.
Speaker 2: When you started looking at them.
Speaker 3: It's amazing that guys would also just completely fell apart. It's amazing to think in the last like fifteen years, it sounded like we had about four or five pitchers that were taking first overall, and two of them didn't even make the major leagues. Like at this point, it's hard to not even get a shot and then just fail like they didn't even make it. MARKA. Pell left, Paul Brady Ake and I think is still sitting around. I don't know if pa Pell try to make a comeback it's it's it's wild. It's wild to me.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that. All right, let's move on to some more of the stat heroes. Jack Peterson four for six with three home runs. Bookie Betts had two home runs. Someone did have him in the contest last night. I know that Frank Swindell hit two, Franciscold indoor ed one. We mentioned Danny Jansen Glabor tors All with two, Bryce Harper looking good three for five with a dinger, Jose Trevino who had a home run, Christian Vasquez three for five with a dinger, Jadie Martinez four for five, and Trevor Story of course, great night, although he did strike out four, so he hit the home run. And this is what I keeps saying. He's still a strikeout machine. So he's not hitting home runs again. What happens? You have to ask yourself that question. This is your window. He's stealing bases, he's hitting home runs. Everything is coming up Millhouse right now. For him, it's time to investigate what you can get.
Speaker 2: Pictures.
Speaker 1: Chris Bassett and the Zeros not good for Chris Bassett eight earned runs. When you lose Max Schurzer and Jacob de Gram and you're supposed to be the guy who steps up.
Speaker 2: This is not the start you want to have here, to me is.
Speaker 3: Why they make that move. But yeah, keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're right.
Speaker 1: Tyler Molly eight earned runs. Josiah Gray had seven earned runs. Dylan Cease. What happened to Dylan Cees? He was my guy. I'll take the l last night, boy, that was a rough night of DFS with Dylan Cees. I don't know what happened there, any any ideas well? Seven earned eight hits for Dylan Cez, who had been so good this year.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I think it's just a blip.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't hYP I was hyper focused on a few games that was not necessarily the one. It wasn't one that I was betting or playing with. My much as I love Cease, I'm gonna avoid Cease in that matchup. I'd have to go back and look. But this is blip type of stuff. I've watched three or four of season starts this year. He's phenomenal. I mean, the command, the pitch mix, he is an absolute ace. In my mind, this is just a pure blip. Not worried at all, okay.
Speaker 1: Zach Pleisak has also been terrible lately. Oh my god, you guys gotta load up on police Sack. He's been awful of his last like three or four starts. Tyler Rogers seven earned runs, Please sacks seven runs, Zach Gallon bound a good star for him, six third. Nolan Gorman over four with three k's terrible. Brett Phillips same thing over four, three k's as money Gardal over four, three k's Grisham over four, three k's drank. Grisham hitting a buck fifty two by the way, I don't know, man, I mean he's droppable right.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a couple of those padres right now, Coroninworth him struggling. Yeah, I mean it's been terrible too. Grisham with the depth in the outfield is droppable for sure. They keep hitting it near, they keep pushing him to be at the top of the lineup and try to get him going. He's just not doing it. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Robbie Grossman over four to three K's continues to be Robbie Grossman Man. Just nothing goes right for that guy. Hore Solaer same thing, Oh for four to three k's and then you have CJ. Crown Oh for five three k's and Yepez over four three k So not a good night for the youth of the Cardinals. A good night though for a title chaser ninety who got two more home runs for Mookie Betts and moved up to number and fourteen I think overall, so wow, good on them. Let's take a look at the leaderboard. Still Niking in the north at sixteen leading the charge. I don't see Mayor on this board yet, so it's a good day. That's good, so we will thank the gods for that, and shout out to the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks who let me know that I Louis Robert, my Louis Robert pick was out of the lineup, so allowed me to make a change there. And I still did not get a home run, so I.
Speaker 3: Didn't big big All right.
Speaker 2: Let's well, let's let's go back to winning some money.
Speaker 1: Thanks to bet MGM, the King of Sportsbooks, special offer for new users bet ten dollars win two hundred when you bet on any game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today, download the bet MGM app or go to betmgm dot com. Enter that promo code to leading off one word leading off and bet ten bucks to win two hundred on bet mgm. Bet responsibly and that means also using the promo code leading off.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: Tyler Naquin has been fantastic on betmgm. You got even money on the one and a half total basis for him. Jose Ramirez. I watched him take a twelve pitch at bat last night before hitting a home run off of Valdez was unbelievable. Yeah, guys, just a monster, same thing total bases one and a half. But the juice is plus one twenty five plus.
Speaker 2: Money on that.
Speaker 1: Aaron Ashby, who we mentioned before. Right now, the kprop is three point five on betmgm. It's minus one thirty but three and a half. I mean, come on, we can get there, can't we. I mean, geez against the Padres, just Trent Grisham can help us get there. And then Rich Hill strikeouts to three and a half, also very low in my opinion, minus one twenty eight going against the White Sox. And look, the White Sox have some injuries right now they're dealing with, so anything for you pop up in the prop Market Welsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually find it. It's kind of tough. By the way that Kyle Gibson won yesterday. That my favorite of the day that slapped I actually ended up putting it with. I actually shied away from my Corbyn Burns. I went with Marcus Stroman and I put a little to strike Out parlay together and that worked very well. I don't like a lot of what I've seen early. I'm gonna continue kind of looking around. I love the Ashby though one. That's the one I'm with you with. That was kind of my top one so far at the three and a half case. He's got an eight strikeout marker on his belt. The last start he had one strikeout and only pitched one inning. He pitched four against Atlanta and picked up three, but Miami he picked up eight. He's kind of gone a little back and forth, but he had a run of essentially four straight starts where he would have hit this marker. He had Baltimore, Saint Louis, Fillian Pittsburgh. So I really liked the Ashby one. Moving over the hitters because I didn't like a lot of the pitch. I really like this one. Ian happ total basses. It's at one, it's at a half. All you gotta get is one total base today he's got a three fifty career batting average versus Luis Castillo, and he has been a relatively hot bat. It's juiced up, but I really like it. And so if you want to play that solo, that's always a safe play. If you want to put it with something, do it. Maybe Ramirez and Ian Happ might be a fun total bass s Harlay to put together one. But I like the Ashby one and the other pictures. They got him real good today. They got all the numbers really good, where it's like you don't want to go under, you don't want to go over yet, So I'm gonna look a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that. We did give you a couple of those pictures. Speaking of pictures, let's look at the Knight's Late for DFS. You got Charlie Morton at nine k Gilito at nine point eight, and Christian Haveavier at nine point three. I think those are the guys in play on DK tonight. Some combination of those three those will be my pick. Same thing on FanDuel, you're getting Christian Hobbyer just eight point two, Gilito all the way up at ten point three, Charlie Morton a little bit kind of in the middle at eight point eight, so you could choose your own enterre there. Gilito I would pay up for in cash, though, because I still believe in Lucas Gilo, and especially after a night where everything went wrong for the White Sox, typically you know the next night it's not the same thing. So you can't necessarily think that I would be in on the Baltimore Yankee game today though. I just don't believe in the pitchers, so I think there's gonna be some run scored there in this one, even with Stanton out. There's some value in this lineup. We'll get to that in a second. I would also be on Houston as well. The lineup builder is Ryan Mountcastle two point four. In that same Baltimore game, Michael Brantley three point eight. AJ Pollack hitting in the three spot, by the way, three point two on DK. That's a nice spot against the lefty tonight, Mitch Garver two point seven. AJ Pollock two point seven on FanDuel. Adlie Rutchman two point six on FanDuel. Also so let's go Addlie Rutchman. In fact, I like Adlie Ruchmand so much. How about give Addlie Ruschman a home run in Yankee Stadium from Joey Pain today. Let's go, let's have some fun Adlie Rutchman. No moment is too big for the kid. So there you go. I'll get to go. There are you going for your home run tonight?
Speaker 3: While she was going going to go back to my roots, It's been since the fifteenth that this has happened. But we're going back to Byron Buxton versus the Tigers were going offense. We're going big flies. We're back to Byron Buxton.
Speaker 1: Let's go buck back to basics, back to Buxton. I don't know if this is from last night, carried last night.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: I think he's carrying over Mike Trout for Mike Mayor. We shall see. He does like picking guys name Mike. That's one thing that we do know about him. Any other final thoughts today, Welsh on anything you saw last night or looking forward to today in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 3: Uh? You know, I wish I had something really good. The prop market was actually really fun. Yesterday I felt like there was tons and tons to get Today it's readjusted. I've been live betting a little bit, which I think has been fun on the back end of games. That's been a really good way to go. But the pitching performances are starting to get back to a little bit wonky. I'd say, just watch it. You know, Cole getting hit a lot of these guys. It's like you get the Dylan Ce's blow up. This might be the time of the season. I don't necessarily think there's teams doing massive adjustments where you're seeing guys like Bassett and you're seeing guys like Cease getting lit up, because oh, teams are adjusting. It's kind of just the transitional period of what happens with these guys. You're moving into more summer, you're moving into more riggers. These guys have gone through, you know, six weeks, seven weeks of straight baseball, bodies breaking down a little bit, and they've got to find their ways to adjust. So I'd say prepare for the chaos a little bit. I think there's gonna be, especially some pitching chaos that's gonna be coming pretty soon. And whatever you think is chalk might not be so chok.
Speaker 1: Chaos is a ladder after all. The Twins, by the way, a couple of notes on them, placing Joe Ryan on the COVID nineteen list and Hori Polanko's sideline due to sore right ankle yesterday in the by Low video. Polanko's one of my by Low guys too, because he's just better than what you've seen. And if the ankle has been of the issue or whatever has been bothering you, I don't know. All I know is you had thirty bombs last year and he's sitting two hundred this year, so we can we can find some love there for him. And if you want to see more of that video, be a subscriber or Fantasy Pros MLB. In fact, it just dropped yesterday and I'm gonna have the Waiver Wire pickup video coming out tomorrow, so make sure you're a subscriber so you know when those videos drop. And as always, we appreciate you hanging out with us. Be part of our community. Go join the discord at fantasypros dot com s last chat where you can go ahead and make those home run calls along with us and have some fun and meet other peanuts. And cracker jacks, and also don't forget go to bet MGM and use that promo code leading off to make your wagers. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kidz.