Speaker 1: Dunn dunta da, dun dunt da.
Speaker 2: You've married.
Speaker 1: Now I'm a married woman.
Speaker 2: No, that's so weird.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you're married.
Speaker 1: I can believe it because it was a lot of work. I feel married. I feel old. I feel like I've aged in like the best way. I may sound a little haggard, but we just we just flew back from beautiful Savannah where we had the wedding this uh, this afternoon, so we've been home for like all of two hours. And yeah, that happened. You were there, What was your Tell me how it went. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's all are fun, so much fun.
Speaker 3: So one, your hands down, your Your ceremony was the best ceremony. I never attended, like usually the ceremonies like want want you like whatever, just let's cut this cake and eat this food and dance.
Speaker 2: You know. But no, the ceremony was huh lariya. So one, guys.
Speaker 3: It was in Savannah, which is already beautiful, and Mandy like, I guess you uh secured some trolleys. Savanna has trolleys that do like sightseeing tours, and so Mandy secured a trolley for her guests to go from downtown to where was the place.
Speaker 1: Hell, it's a it's a at a manner called the Macki House, which is like ten minutes outside of downtown.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So it was really pretty. And then so you get there, you're like, oh, it's so nice. Everybody's bess all nice.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you did the trolley. Yeah, okay, keep going.
Speaker 3: And so so we got on the trolley and then we get them like ooh, this is pretty. It's outside, and so we're all sitting, you know, thinking this is gonna be this formal thing I see. I almost said, what are we gonna call him husbye husband boo?
Speaker 1: We're just gonna call him mister. Yeah, we'll just call him husbye Husbie.
Speaker 3: So you know your friend I forget her name, uh, the Nigerian one who read the lu Yeah, so Tulu that's her secret name for her boots. She's gonna be like they stole it. We did, so Husbie.
Speaker 2: You know, he's standing off to the side and.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, he looks so like cool, calm and collected, and his boys were all behind him, and so one I thought it was hilarious. I was like the music was you know, you are so non traditional. The music was like like, wait for what part? I don't remember. The people like when when, like when your procession? Like walk down? They were like walking to a beat. You know, usually it saw a somber like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, we picked a really cool song. Well I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Way, but it was me, but it was like the beat.
Speaker 3: They were walking like you you see me get into it walking down. Oh I wish they could have been there walking down aisle and they're walking to like a fucking little beat. I was like, okay, and then we're all waiting for Mandy and I'm like, whoo, how's Manny gonna look? Your dress?
Speaker 2: Honestly was everyone.
Speaker 3: People who didn't even know you were writing on my page because I posted it later. They were like, I don't know her, but that dress fit her perfectly.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Not every wedding dress is great, but yours was beautiful and it fit you like it was like literally it looked custom made for your body.
Speaker 1: Well it was there enough money on tailoring that that makes me feel so justified.
Speaker 2: I know it was Honestly, it was perfect. And then your hair. I was wondering.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, ooh, how's Mandy gonna wear her hair? Because I know you're natural. I was like, is she gonna be curly? Like how's it gonna go? But honestly, that where you were, your hair was perfectly, like it fit them dressed perfectly because it was like old school yet like you know, I know you like you straightened it, but it wasn't like you got a perm but it like, you know, so you had fullness because you know, firms take away all the fullness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was perfect. And you had like this pretty.
Speaker 3: Little baret in the back that I like that held on to your your your your veil.
Speaker 1: That was my sister. She let me borrow it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was really pretty. Honestly, it was perfect because you weren't working. You know, some people were like a lot of jewely. You weren't wearing like a lot of jewely, so it was a nice little like bejeweled touch. And I was like, oh, it's her dad gonna cry. Dad.
Speaker 1: My dad low Ki had probably like half a bottle of apple brandy before the wedding.
Speaker 2: He was hilarious.
Speaker 3: First of all, your dad was over there like getting something and your brother came because you guys were like after the wedding, so, well, what anyway during the wedding, you're officient?
Speaker 2: What do you call him? An afici?
Speaker 3: Right? So it was what was his name, Frank, Frank whatever?
Speaker 1: Really good friends? Frank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazed when I say amazing, amazing. First of all, I was like, Frank, you do this on the side or something, because I need to do my wedding.
Speaker 2: He was hilarious.
Speaker 3: So instead of doing a traditional sermon, did like the story of husband and Mandy how they met.
Speaker 2: But it was so funny. It was like sweet, it was funny.
Speaker 3: It was like every emotion we're all going through in the audience together and we were damn near hugged afterwards, like oh my.
Speaker 1: God, oh kind of make me cry again. I've been like such a wreck.
Speaker 3: It was so amazing, Yo, Frank was literally perfect. I mean perfect, because like I said, he was funny. He was a little irreverent, but then it was sweet. And then it was like, oh, it's just like all so many peaks and valleys and I was like, oh, like it was just such an awesome He did such a great job with the sermon part. And then Mandy, being Mandy, of course, was like, wait till I read my vows, you guys are gonna love that. She literally said that upside so I love that because that is so you and you're like, it's so good.
Speaker 2: They're so good.
Speaker 3: What I loved is that I loved how your vows and husband's vows that they weren't the same. But clearly you had a template because thing like that you didn't mean like a basic template like I promised you. I love the promises at the end that you guys made to each other. They were both really beautiful. And then yeah, it just was the service itself, like I said, I usually like usually the ceremony, I'm like I can take it or leave it. And then like where you had your reception, which is like right upstairs, which is great because I hate having to get into the car to drive. Totally agree on the sidebar. As we waited for the food, like the the appetizers were freaking yummy.
Speaker 2: People were like attacking the waiter.
Speaker 3: I thought so bad at them had like you had chicken and waffle bites, which were delicious. Yes, I don't even think he got two feet He was like, uh, you know, there's more. All we back people were like shut up and give me one and then but my favorite I must have had like six to them, and like I didn't want the one waiter who had them to see me, so I kept finding like another waiter. But the empanadas were everything.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yes, I'm so glad the food. See, we tried all that stuff. I didn't get by the way, I barely ate any of the food that we paid for because you know, of like we had to be walking and I wanted to just dance or whatever. But we I tasted everything. So we had a tasting back in November. So it makes me so happy because those chicken and waffles were everything, and we like that was a specific I've never we did, like a custom menu, and it was so cool because we wanted to like incorporate I love that, like a Latin and Southern.
Speaker 3: Sort of thing did perfectly, honestly, And that's what it was about it that it was very clear that both cultures were were represented because it's like, ooh, chicken waffles so yummy and Banaa is oohioso, you know, and just like I love that even though it's outside and it was like Savannah and now anyway, it was a little bit cool, but you know, the heaters made it and it just was so pretty. The reception where you had it like you know, the covering of like the tent, and then the food. I was like, Mandy had it.
Speaker 2: I told everyone, I'm like, there was a biscuit bar.
Speaker 3: I never even heard of one. People were like, biscuit. I'm like, all the way back to New Jersey and there was some hunt any honey gravy that you could literally slap on like a bark of a tree and eat it. That's how good that honey gravy was.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 3: It was so good. The shrimp kebobs were delicious. It was just the food was really good. And then the music was like it was such a great mix of like, oh, traditional wedding music. Of course we did every line dance, which I loved, and then there was definitely Latin music where ever they could swing their hips if they wanted to. And then there was like a mix of like I guess contemporary pop, which I didn't know any of the word. I was like, I don't know this one who shit to pull bull dog but it was great and just like the music that you guys danced out to were just it Just what I like is that somebodies are so uptight and you're like, oh, is anybody having fun? But everyone was having such a good time. That's what I liked about it that it just.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem pretentious.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like, you know, I don't know, Like I said, some weddings you go to because you have to, and you're like, all right, I'm ready to go. But this one was like fun the whole, from the beginning to the end. I'm like, this is such a It made me and normally, you know, I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not having a Dagon wedding. We're going to Justine's piece. And I was like I could see it.
Speaker 3: Maybe if it's like this, like it's happening, that's what That's what it takes. I was like, I was telling Superman. I was like, wait, Mandy's wedding was good. I might wait, I don't know. He was like, oh boy, and what they have to say is your friend, I am. Any of my friends that are listening, thank you so much, because literally every single one of me and these friends or family member was like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, but Janie's write I.
Speaker 1: Totally I told you. I told you you will not stay alone.
Speaker 3: None of my family, your friends listened to the podcast. They're like, you have what's the podcast? So it was so nice. I was like, Wow, this is what support looks like. Drina, you're not listening anyway, so it doesn't matter. Linda Mark, none of my friend I'm calling you right by.
Speaker 2: Name because you don't listen anyway. But that part I really loved. Who is that?
Speaker 3: How much you know they really like are into like what you do? And it was like the UN I was like, Maddy has a friend from every race and it was literally like we need Asian check.
Speaker 1: I know it looked like I did it like like from a marketing perspective, like when we get bridesmaids of every shade the right.
Speaker 3: Literally I was, I mean Indian, like I don't know if Chinese, Japanese. I means I just being the meat. I mean it was literally every race there meet and Nick for Magnified Money. We were like, wow, Maddy has the un a friend, so you do.
Speaker 2: It was just really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already starting to cry again.
Speaker 2: I've never Yeah, it was great honestly, Maddy, well done. You know. Husby was like, yeah, she she did it all.
Speaker 1: I really did. I really did. But it was so important. It's like everything you're saying is everything I wanted it to be, which was like a celebration not just of like you know, marriage is, you know, obviously the point, but like the fact that like the only reason I could just having a wedding, as if we were going to do it and we're going to have the most amazing time and we're going to give people the most amazing party they were going to talk about for years, And every picture and every video that I've seen has been like it was worth it. Like to see my like nineteen year old baby cousin Anna, who was my bridesmaid, who I used to babysit when I lived in there my uncle's basement after college, when I was broke, you know, if she was twelve, to see her be a bridesmaid, and then to see her dancing with my my sister's wife who's from Wisconsin, and like seeing my mom dancing with Enrique's Dominican dad, and like you like just all those its like crossover of life, man, and all those moments when just watching, because when you're in it, you don't like, I'm seeing things happen. But there's a lot of stuff that I missed, And I've literally be spening the last like seventy two hours just reading, like watching every video, looking at every photo I can, and just reliving every moment and waking up with a huge stupid smile on my face.
Speaker 3: And now it was I mean, honestly, it was just great. Like what I thought was so awesome was like when I I met well, I mean, I knew as soon as I saw a husband's mom, I'm like, Okay, that is clearly his mom, your mom and his mom. There's something about moms who have kids that are getting married.
Speaker 2: It's the same.
Speaker 3: I mean, they look like twins on the inside because they were both like, it's my day, it's my day.
Speaker 1: It was their day, Oh was it?
Speaker 3: That's what I love is that, like they both your mom is so adorable. I was like, look at Mandy's mom. She was clearly like you know, I mean, Manny's getting.
Speaker 2: Married, but it's my day.
Speaker 3: Just so we're clear. Yeah, they were both so so adorable and they're both so excited, like, yes, the day had finally arrived, so that I thought was really cute. When you guys, because Mandy had a picnic the day before the wedding, and because.
Speaker 2: I didn't really know any of your friends by sight, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I'm looking, and I'm like, okay, there's a group, a motley crew of group, and I'm looking, and then I saw a guy that looked just like Drake. Sorry, Mandy's brother. He told me not to call him that, but whatever, and I'm like, oh, there's Drake, literally Manny's brother. When I say Drake, I mean build heights, frame faith, Like. He looks so much like Drake it's ridiculous. And as soon as I saw Drake, I was like, Drake's putting up the tent. That must be the you weren't there yet, that must be the party right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of silly. Then now that he started bulking up, he looks like even more. But whatever, I'm done defending him, Like, just call him Drake, it doesn't matter, Like, yeah, there's worse things too, there's worse people to look like.
Speaker 3: He can goin, right, Drake is good looking. Yeah, everything was really Yeah, it was just a great weekend and honestly, you just chose a perfect place because Savannah it's such a great backdrop.
Speaker 2: There's certain cities that you.
Speaker 3: Know, you go and you're just there for the wedding because you know the city itself, you know, there's nothing really to do Summerset in New Jersey or something. You know, but nothing does anything wrong with Summerset. But the city itself doesn't necessarily lend itself to like good times on its own, you know. But Savannah itself is a destination. So it just was a great backdrop to your wedding.
Speaker 1: The fact that so many it was you know, well, we need to like set this up. I need to so behind the scenes this week Savannah. The day of the wedding was just I mean, it was like Savannah said, and I am going to bless this union with the best day of weather. Yeah not too hot, not too cold, and like a cloudless sky the entire day. But let me tell the week leading up to it, because we got down there on Tuesday and Tuesday Wednesday were my big busy days. I was like, we have so much to do these last two days. My sister was there, my rider died, made a matron of honor, who you know, I just just you know, have never loved more in my life than than this week when she was supporting me so much. But anyway, we were running around like and on Wednesday I was we were looking at the weather, and the weather looked great for the wedding day. And on Wednesday it was like, oh, chance of thunderstorm, but it kept getting moved ahead every hour. You know it's gonna hit at three, and then I was going to head at four and there all these really ugly dark clouds were sort of just behind the horizon all day long, and I was saying, I was like, oh, look the weather is just going to hold out for me so I can finish all these errands. Look at it go so nice. Little did I know that this huge storm system was going to screw up, like all the flights of people trying to get in on Wednesday, because everybody important, well not important, but like everyone in the wedding, most of the bridesmaids and grooms when we're coming in Wednesday night, and many of them were flying in from New York City and on rehearsal day because of the storm, people couldn't get in. So on the day of the rehearsal on Thursday, we had we're missing like half the groomsmen. I already was pretty sure that one of our dear, dear, dear friends, who's the wife of one of our groomsho wasn't being able to come at all. I had a friend who was stuck trying to get here from Missouri and her flight was canceled, and just oh and so you have that going on. But like I remember, at a certain point, like this week was brought to you by meditation, because I kept telling myself like, Okay, everything is happened, like things are going wrong, but you still have a lot of people here who you know, are important, a lot of people who have come and some you know, Thank God, Enrique's parents managed to get in somehow, somehow they got in at a six pm flight with his brother and his brother's girlfriend. They all made it. It was the people here on the later flights, like eight and nine o'clock on Delta. For some reason, Delta really just lost his damn mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on Delta, and I when I say I never fly Delta never they canceled. It was only by the grace of God, Like I think I came in Thursday morning, and I just missed the storm the night before in the Savannah, and I just missed it as it was coming to New Jersey. As I was flying off, it started to drizzle and then I heard as soon as I you know, like, so I didn't have any trouble getting into Savannah. But that's because I missed the storms on both in Georgia and Jersey at the same time.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, and then flying home.
Speaker 3: I flew home Sunday morning, and in the evening they kept sending me texting, your flight is poked back fifteen minutes, your fighters pushed back twenty minutes, your fliers pooked back two hours. And I woke up like three o'clock in the morning it was like, your flight is pushed back like six hours. And I was like, uh so, I thankfully I was able to go online and find another flight, and I booked myself and I said, okay, and I'm going to head to the airport early just in case. And sure enough I was able getting out of Savannah. That was the hard part, I thought. So I finally was able to get on a flight. I didn't wait long because I was like constantly on my computer, like rebooking myself. And I got to Georgia Atlanta because I had to fly from for whatever reason, Savannah to Atlanta. It was a cheaper ticket, like getting out of Atlanta. They were like, oh, yeah, you're one o'clock is canceled.
Speaker 2: We put you on a nine PM. I'm like, what, No, it doesn't eve make any sad, So.
Speaker 3: I'm going online. I rebooked myself. I don't know why they put nine pm. I rebooked myself on my computer at three and then I looked at the board and the board said there's a flight leaving in twenty minutes to Newark.
Speaker 2: I run to the.
Speaker 3: Gate, like could you get me on this flight?
Speaker 2: And the lady was like get on now. So I just made it with five minutes to spare.
Speaker 3: I know, so I mean it. I saw bad. I don't know what happened with Delta. I'm like, so many people are still we're still struggling with Delta.
Speaker 1: Days after, yes, days after, and it did sadly, like I would say, a handful of people didn't weren't able to come at all because of that whole situation. And you know, one of the Enriga's best best best friends was a groomsman and he was stuck. And not only was he stuck, but his baby girl, eight months or nine month old daughter was really really sick at the airport. But by the grace of God, like the the two groomsmen we were missing, arrived five am the day of the wedding, I think or four am, and we're able to be there. And my one of my men of honor, Baron Brown, who's a huge fan, so I'm gonna give him a shout out, hey bear, he was he was stuck in Atlanta and managed to still get here. And yeah, so there was there was all these you know emotions, You have the tension with like this what was happening with the flights, But then you have the rehearsal day, which was gorgeous, and you know, I did have a lot of people there, and I really I just had to tell myself just to be in the moment, because I didn't want to look back on this week and have any regrets of how, you know, or missing anything or being out of the you know, being out of it or being cranky or being or whatever. So I just really really put my head in a good place and one of the things I did that I would tell anyone who's planning any sort of event, like I know that I need like an hour at least before anything, just to be alone and to be quiet, like in the dark and the like, you know, or just with you know, one or two people. And that's what I did the day of the rehearsal. And that's what I did. I built into the timeline because I had every hour of the wedding day planned as realistically as possible, but I built in an hour an hour and a half of just me sitting in a room at the venue where I was just with a couple of bridesmaids, you know, and no one was allowed to bother me, like no knocking, no photographer, no video, no nothing. And I just sat there and I was braiding my best friend Kristen's hair, who's a bridesmaid, because her hair was all. It was so windy that day, like like the the wind was nuts. We were taking we did photos before the wedding, and my mom was like running when we were doing make hair and makeup. She was running around with hairspray and chasing me. She's like, come here, it's not gonna stay I swear to god, I had like a gallon of hairspray on my hair.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: It was because the hair stylist was amazing. And that's a whole story, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you I didn't really I saw your picture on Instagram where she was straightening. I said, wow. I mean, I alway knew you had a lot of hair, but I'm like Mattie, I've got a lot of hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was what I loved. I found a natural hair stylist in Savannah, and I loved her. I got so lucky because I don't I mean, I literally had to just google. I don't know any hairstylists there. I didn't know any I didn't know any African American women I could talk to in Savannah about where do you get your hair done? And also you're entrusting someone with your like the huge wedding day, and I didn't know if I wanted to do curly or straight. I needed someone who could do either. I found Divine Allure Salon, which was owned by a woman named Aliyah, and I got in touch with them. They they didn't have any bridal photos, but I liked what I saw on their website, I could at least tell, okay, well she knows how to work a flat iron and she also knows how to work some curl Okay. So I booked them, and I booked them for my two cousins too, and I did not meet her until Tuesday when I went when I landed in Savannah, I went straight to her for a hair trial.
Speaker 3: Okay, and at the hair that you with the wind at the wedding was like the hair that you got for the hair trial.
Speaker 1: It was a better version of what the hair trial was. Yeah, we we edited and well really I came up with the final style, but she she executed it amazingly like.
Speaker 3: She did Honestly, I was like, wow, Mandy's hair looks amazing because you just never know, like you know how it is with natural hair.
Speaker 2: Who is gonna do what I want to do?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mandy this this. She was in a good mood that day, thank God. And the weather helped, you know, the humidity was not there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was thinking that about Yeah, everybody was saying that, like people, I think your friend Tulula is.
Speaker 1: That her name, Tulula Tulu Tulu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Talu was saying whoo, thank goodness, because she was thinking like, oh, my hair is gonna be all over the place, like if if the normal humidity was there, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone looked at the Yeah the weather honestly for being such a jerk on when day it just completely showed out for the wedding day and.
Speaker 2: Your your your reception dress that was so pretty, the gold.
Speaker 3: I was like, look a.
Speaker 2: Mandy, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been I've been collecting things I wanted to wear. Everyone's like, did you plan your outfits? And I was like, well, yeah, yeah, I kind of planned my outfits as if I was going on a press tour, you know, like I was like, I'm gonna wear this to thatause for several reasons.
Speaker 3: Like your picnic outfit, I was like, oh cute, and then your hair was cute to match. I was like I could tell like from your shoe being perfect. I was like, look at Mandy. Mandy is a damn planet to the end. Look every last drop. She's like, everything will be perfect, it will and you'll love it.
Speaker 1: Well, No, I think it was more just like it was more I didn't want to have to make decisions about what I was going to wear and I wanted to feel good on the way, you know, I wanted to feel good at every moment and look because everyone's taking pictures. Yeah, and you're gonna get these pictures forever and I'm gonna look crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was like I love that. Like I think they call it like tea length right under the knee. Yeah, and it strappy. It was honestly the dress. And what I loved is that I was like, oh, such a great dress, because that's the kind of dress that you could totally wear like over and over, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I definitely will. I mean I call it the shredder dress because I don't know if you've ever worn a full on SEQ one dress before. But it rubbed the inside in my arms sover all. I woke up the next day, it was like the next day, I woke up and I was like, did I get run over by a truck? First of all, I barely drank my own wedding because everyone sort of brings you drinks, but I was I just had my priority, which was to dance and to be there, so you take once. I maybe had one entire cocktail in total, And the next day I was like, why do I feel like death. My feet I couldn't feel like three of my toes. I had blisters everywhere. The inside in my arms were completely shredded from that glitter dress. Like I mean, it was like I had been beat, but like the most amazing, like lovely pain. I guess that is how I'll put it. Yeah, because you just the adrenaline, it's pumping all day. And really i'd been going on and like I hadn't been sleeping because not only was I, you know, just nervous and like nerves and jittery and I don't I don't know if you remember, but we did a surprise dance for our first day.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw.
Speaker 2: I thought I was wondering.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, you guys did the traditional like oh, you know, we come out and then all of a sudden, it was like psych get into these hips.
Speaker 1: We couldn't have a Dominican wedding without doing a little bit shot that, like it's just yeah, Possiblee and Rique, I'm just I'm just gonna call him and Rique husband, mister Santos. He was in the beginning. It took me months to get him to agree because he's shy for one thing, and not give, you know, not for a Dominican, not the most you know, adept with the hips as well, and you tell I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Stay it nicely, and I fairly have a little shuffle in me.
Speaker 1: I mean I make up for that, I feel like, for both of us. But finally, like about I don't know a month or two, but maybe six five, six weeks before the wedding, he was like okay, mostly because I was like, I'm putting, I'm paying for this, We're doing it. And we started lessons and it was rough. I mean, I felt like I was in a Dancing with the Stars episode like down to the Wire and our instructor Mario bless you. Mario got to give a shout out to Salsa on Fever Too or Salsa Fever Onto. It's in Jersey Jersey Heights, Yeah, Jerseys the Heights area of Jersey City. He runs his own little studio. He's an army veteran amazing person. He had the most incredible patience for us, and he taught us the steps for this like ninety second but shots on dance and it, you know, it was really up to us in the end, though we learned the choreography and then I and it was practicing. And what really killed me is I couldn't tell anybodys. I wanted to I wanted to keep it a surprise. And so I was like leaving work at four thirty to go to you know, dance class, and you know, stressing out and and all that about this dance class. And that was really at the end, that was what was keeping me awake. It's like, oh my god, is this dance gonna be good?
Speaker 2: They're gonna like, yeah, they were good. You know who was really good? I think is that his brother?
Speaker 3: Is that Allen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is that his wife's girlfriend?
Speaker 1: His girlfriend? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They were so cuy. I was like, look at that and look like a movie. They were like like, I just.
Speaker 3: I love to see because I cannot dance that well, and especially not to Latin music. So just to see when people have the moves and the steps and the hips and the swings. I love like when people have it all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, look at Alan showing off on the dance floor.
Speaker 1: I know. I was like, yeah, you guys can dance after us because it's not going to be that good. But I've watched that. I've watched our dance like like, no, lie, probably sixty five times makes me so happy and just you know, and the fact that he did it, you know what I mean, Like, I mean you heard my vows. I was like, this guy is willing to go so far outside his comfort zone just to Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I can tell you know with me because when you you dragged him out on the dance floor, it was like near the end you took off his jackie, took off his tie then and he was like, look, I won't force for as no time, but this color will stay up. We're like, we're like yo. Husbane was like, look I've already been as as I get.
Speaker 2: This collar is not popping. I thought that was so cute.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, Mandy was like okay, okay, okay, okay, this is good. This is good.
Speaker 2: Well, I won't push you too far.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Nick was there A magnified money team was out in full force.
Speaker 2: They were awesome. Honestly, it was great sitting next to them.
Speaker 1: I'm glad everyone anyway. But one thing I don't know if you've ever and I'll show up about the whole wedding thing is I can go on forever. But the one thing I didn't anticipate, you know, the next day, I had a whole weekend plan. The Thursday was the welcome picnic and the rehearsal lunch and the rehearsal, and then Friday was the wedding, and then Saturday, We're gonna do like a beach day and get everyone together and continue celebrating. Here's why I didn't anticipate. One is how like emotional I would be the day after the wedding. Because I held it together. I didn't cry during the ceremony. I didn't, you know, I teared up a little bit, but I heard everyone around me crying. I just was like, you got to keep it together. You got to get through these like everyone's losing it. And then leading up to the week, I was keeping it together because the flights were delay and I was trying to, like, you know, play it cool. And not just that, but the whole like year, like the weeks before preparing at work to get ready for this, and just like the wedding, just all the ran, like the regular stresses of planning a wedding building up over a year. And on Saturday we were setting. We had to say all the goodbyes. You know, you go into the lobby to say goodbye to one person, and then ten more people show up. And there are ten of your dearest friends that you've known, you know, since college and you know since you know, years and years, and they've traveled from Iowa and they traveled from Seattle, and you know, you're trying to have an intimate, an intimate moment with everybody to tell them how much it means. And then our parents we had to say goodbye to, you know, my parents, and then and that took, you know, several hours. And then because you know, we got stuck at a as you do, you get stuck at these family lunches you didn't really want to go to, and they're like dragging you and you can't say no because they've come from so far. And then you know, by the time we wrapped up all that, it was about two pm. And I literally felt dead. And then it was the weather was really cold and windy, and I just decided. I was like, I can't give anything else, I can't do anything else, Like I just want to sit in a dark room and just like sob into a pillow. And not only that, but it was like the fact that everything had gone so well when you have all that built up stress and then when everything goes perfectly, you're like what because you're so happy? And we ended up so we we everyone sort of did their own thing, and you know, a lot of people went to the beach, a lot of them went, you know, in sightseeing around Savannah. We ended up like taking an hour to ourselves, and then some friends met up with them at some like some like in retrospect amazing like outdoor crab shack, like Crab Restaurant or whatever, which is like has like live Savannah oaks and in the middle of the restaurant and the restaurants like built around them and they have alligators and birds you can go see. Yeah, it was amazing, but I wouldn't know because I got out of the uber. The uber driver just had to play this one. I don't even know what song. It was Coldplay or something, but it's it's set it set me loose, Like it was like and the faucet is on and it will not be turning off for the next hour and a half because you're just gonna sit there like a crazy person and be sobbing, like in public with your you know, three foot tall cocktail that someone orders you because they feel so bad.
Speaker 3: So everyone was like, what is wrong? I said, nothing is wrong. I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And Enrique's like, yo, what is happening. I'm like, you don't know, because you didn't blame this thing.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, no, you know what.
Speaker 1: It was a release, Yes, absolute totally was, and it continued until it's still there. It's still I need I probably need like a week to decompress just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes, because it's it's it is such a release because it's just like because you know, you don't realize how much pent up just anxiety comes from, you know, planning such a momentous occasion and like you said, for everything to go well, especially it's not even just normal anxiety. It's like, okay, yeah, it's the normal I'm planning a wedding anxiety. But then for everything to look like it was going to go to you know, hell in the handbasket just the day before, with the weather and the travel and the and then for it to go well, I just can't even imagine. I don't even know how you held out for as long as you held that before sobbing.
Speaker 1: I'm a tough chick. Man. I had my sister, That's what I am. My sister and my mom and here I go.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, I don't think you had an older brother.
Speaker 1: Oh we do not speak of him, you know, there's always one in the family. He ain't right, No, but my little brother was there, and yeah, you know, and Enrique's family. I don't know, man. I don't mean to be like annoying about it, but I don't know what I did to like, I have married into an amazing family, and not just family, but his friends. And I think I said that during my toast, although it's all a blur, but like one of the first things about that I loved about Enrique was not just him, well h yeah, of course him, but then you really can tell who a person is by the people around him and like his friends or I mean, everyone just gets along and everyone's just good, just good. You know, there's you know, the Randas, but everyone's just good for the most.
Speaker 3: Partner there You're like, I don't really like it, but the rest of them green. Then my favorite, probably my favorite part of the whole now that I think about it, was when your dad got up and did such a dad speech. I was god hollery. So for those who don't know, Mandy's dad is awesome. He does this speech where he talked about basically it was very much a dad baby girl speech, like oh my baby girl, like he was just like talking about her as a baby girl. He talked about how how Mandy learned how to count by counting French fries.
Speaker 1: I knew my daughter was gonna be some kind of some type of mathematical yeah, some type of love.
Speaker 3: It was such a dad move. I always knew she was going to do something mathematical or financial because my girl learned how to count the French fries. Every time we passed by Donalds, we had to hold her down in the car because baby girl wanted frenk fried And if you add baby girl for a French fry, she would dig in the bottom of the bag, find the smallest fry and break it in half and give you. I was like, if that is not the most dead moment of all time, and it was so cute. I was like, that probably was my favorite. Everybody at the table was both cracking up and like, oh, look at Manby's dad, Like you could tell He's like, wait, this used to be my baby. What's going on? How did she get married? But yeah, that was like the that I mean, you could not have planned that better. That was such a sweet, tender, hilarious moment.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 1: Speech was brought to you by Crown Royal and thank you for all the sponsors of this wedding. He was lit when he started walking up. I was like, Oh no, Daddy, what have you done? What have you been doing? Where have you been what have you been drigging? And I held my breath the entire time because he actually had practiced the French fries speech. It's been dubbed the French fry It's like his Nikki Pickle juice speech or whatever. It's like everyone is like, I'll never forget the French fry speech. And when he started, I was holding my breath. I've never heard my dad like speak in front of more than two people ever. That was really but I think he did.
Speaker 3: He did a good job, and he did he did a great job.
Speaker 1: It was his big day too. And I haven't seen my dad in a suit since I was ten, and he used to work as a car salesman. He just had, you know, he guessed he had gastric bypass surgery two years ago, and he's still wearing his like five X size like Fubu and Sean John like track suits. You know, I'm like, you look homeless. Put some fitted pants on. And to see him in that nice tailored suit and his little bow tie, and he looked yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I just I'm just getting text right now. Seeing the cake was good. The cake was from publics. Shout out to publics, I had affordable wedding cakes in an area near you. Yeah all right, well it happened, and I think I'm so grateful that you were there. Everyone loved you, who encountered you obviously no surprise, and looking after me.
Speaker 3: He made sure like Okay, Tiffy, you good, Tivy, Okay, tivity drink. Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: But honestly, all your friends were great, everybody. That's what I liked about that.
Speaker 3: Everybody was really friendly and introducing themselves to me and just to everyone around them, like your cousins from both sides. It was just such a like I said, it's such a great wedding. It wasn't stuffy pretentious. It was fun and lighthearted the whole way you know, so kudos.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will take my bow now, all right, So what else is happening in the world. I was checking my news feed. I'm like, what Syria.
Speaker 3: We can take care of Syria next week. Yes, because Syria will always be there. This was a happy occasion that deserves some some spotlight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're off Friday for the honeymoon. And what does that mean for Brown ambition? I believe that means we're gonna have a bye week schedule until May, okay with you?
Speaker 3: That's why of me?
Speaker 2: I mean, well, you know, the listeners are like, it's not fine, but don't.
Speaker 1: You guys want me to have a honeymoon though, and not be running around trying to do like Tiffany, can you can you record at seven o'clock Italy time? And you know that's like, well, I don't even know what time it is American time.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed. We will be back on our weekly schedule sooner than you think. I think.
Speaker 3: What we'll try to do too, is we should definitely try to schedule some uh like do some Q and A on one like put some in the bank, you.
Speaker 1: Know, definitely. Yeah, we have actually a backlog of questions, and we said.
Speaker 3: Perfect if we could just do you know, one day, do like two hours, and now we could chop them up and that way, you know, when things like this happened.
Speaker 2: We always have some some episodes.
Speaker 1: In Q when things like this happen, when weddings happened, hopefully not hopefully not again. Oh wait, wait, I can't end by asking, I'm gonna post this picture. Did you see my uncle Ray?
Speaker 3: Which one was you? Uncle Ray? Just guess the one with the with the braids, didn't.
Speaker 1: Know with the with the with the long red carpet that he turned into a suit. Please tell me, sonle Ray, how do you miss Uncle Ray? Oh my god, my great uncle totally surprised me by showing up, not only just showing up, but showing up like high and drunk and in a dark red suit. How could you he'd like, we got he got up and like sort of dancing with me when he wasn't supposed to, and that like, wait a second, so he gave that wedding was just like the extra little sprinkle it needed. So shout out. So Uncle Ray Lit from the very beginning, Lit, since first always Lit always makes his own moonshine and whine at home. That's Uncle Ray and that is what weddings are all about. So I'm I'm on team Tiffany. Have a have a wedding, but do it your own way. That's my team.
Speaker 4: Now we all see, we all see.
Speaker 3: So we spent a lot of time on wedding Talk, but honestly, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: You loved it.
Speaker 3: So we are going to head on end brown break, brown boost, brown break, brown booooo. And I would like to give a brown boost honestly, I know, even though it's like a piggyback on wedding talk, honestly to your family and friends because I love the fact that I don't know anyone there that I met aside from like husband's family. No even some of them, right though, like like because I know like his mom and dad speak primarily Spanish, but even a lot of them listen to the podcast.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe it. I was like, it was like freaky. I'm like, is this real? Everyone's like, oh yeah, yeah, I love the podcast.
Speaker 3: So I want to give a brown boost to all of Mandy's family and friends that listen.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. You guys were awesome.
Speaker 3: It was like, I'm like, is this real? Did you guys just start listening last week? Or did many put you up to this? It didn't seem real. So boost to y'all, thank you so much. It was awesome meeting you a person I'm not good at name, so I'm not even gonna pretend. I'm just gonna say you know who you are. I spoke to almost.
Speaker 1: Everyone feeling you mean. Soa and Denny those are our probably our two biggest Santos fans BT dubs. It was Asura's veil that I was wearing. I was a very borrowed bride.
Speaker 3: That's awesome though dress.
Speaker 1: Was new, but the veil I borrowed my hair clip. Yeah, I'm so happy. Yeah, because they are true fans, Like they listen and I'm almost like, can you not listen this week?
Speaker 2: So mane of them were so cute.
Speaker 3: They're like, I don't get to speak to Mandy as much as i'd like, but I catch up on all her business, which I love.
Speaker 1: It's the new newsletter, the new blog. Yeah, well my boost because I can't do a b there's nothing to take a break from. Honestly, maybe just sleepless nights. I would like to sleep again, and I'd be nice. My boost will be It's National Siblings Day. So I really would like to take this opportunity because they were my pillars of strength, not just like the past week, but just in life in general. My big sister Mallory and my little brother Alex aka Drake, who was up with me till four am keeping the after party going after the wedding at this karaoke bar, and Mike.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how. I went home and fell. I was like, how are they going to the karaoke? They're like, you want to karaoke? I said, I'm going to carry Betty. Oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't mention this other sponsor for the wedding. It's called five Hour Energy if you heard of them. They I took my very first. I took like like one that I would have one a day. I've never taken them before, but they actually really worked. They really kept me going and like not a crazy buzzy, jittery like red Bull type feeling, but like slow ability to focus and like you know, not wanting to to like zone out the entire time. So like five hour Energy, thank you whoever you are who made that. So anyway, siblings. Yeah. So my big sister Mallory and I have had a very like tumultuous relationship. You know, we were very were close in age, like two and a half years, and when we were teenagers, you know, we really did not get along and we didn't reconnect honestly until I was probably a sophomore junior in college and and it's been like a slow you know, you have to get to know someone again. Yeah, you don't know her life and she didn't really know my life, but you want to have a sister sisterhood. And I would say for the last ten years, we've been working on that in this and you know, having her in my corner over the last year. And she's a shy person, she's not you know. She was the middle child for a while until my little brother came around, and she was like a quint essential middle child, and I was a quint essential young little you know, little sister steal in the shine and all that kind of stuff. And Mallory just I she showed up for me in so so many ways, like so much so that yesterday when I needed to find the New York Times because we had been in the wedding announcement. Second, yeah, well I couldn't find a freaking copy in Savannah. They just don't do that there, I guess. And I just mentioned in passing, Yeah, I can't really find one here. I guess we'll just have to, you know, get a friend to get one in New York. Five minutes later, I get a phone call from her. Don't worry, I kind of start bucks in midtown Savannah. They're holding it for you at the counter. How's your name on it? I was like, Mallory, you're off the clock. You're no longer a matron about it.
Speaker 3: I got it, Yes, Maddy, how it was so awesome?
Speaker 2: Why one of the dreamcatchers posted it was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, Mandy got married.
Speaker 2: She posted the link.
Speaker 1: They've been so sweet, they really have. I've been getting all your messages dream Cutchers, and thank you so much for the love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just awesome. I did to that.
Speaker 2: I was like, ooh, fancy New York Times bride.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, you know, I was like, I showed Nick ninety five money. I was like, well, you always want a New York Times mentioned there you go.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know. He was like, oh wow, could we add this to our you know to our our press roster.
Speaker 1: Why not. Yeah, uh, that's a that's a weird thing, like you you really don't know they're gonna do it until like the week before the wedding, and even then, I when I once I found I got the call and I was like, I'm not telling anybody, because they could I can get pumped for, like I can get bumped for or Miley Cyrus or the daughter of like one of the Bloomberg girls any moment. So when it came out, I was like, oh, there it is. Now. It's great for the parents. You can give them something like, you know, a cutout of newspaper that they can you know, have forever and a lot just some more sprinkles, just more reasons to sob you know. But yeah, I have to thank my siblings for just being amazing humans and blessing me with their love and support. And that is it. That was your Brown Ambition Wedding edition. And I like, you know the special episode at every sitcom where it's like the wedding episode, Ye, they go to like Disney World, and that's just the entire thing that was this episode. This was the Disney World Family Matters episode when like Stefan and Laura.
Speaker 2: Which made him so much cuter than earcle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that was it. You're welcome. So I'm going to go recuperate and uh yeah, I guess I'll talk to you guys after the honeymoon.
Speaker 3: Yes, have fun in Italy.
Speaker 1: Italy Gratzy