Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist shout out to the listener who uh came up and said hi at Lego land over the weekend shout out.
Speaker 2: To Oh just like that yeaheist.
Speaker 3: Almost like you a fan? Hey, yeah I love that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, I love that.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I should have said. Oh yeah, I love that footnotes dude. Oh yeah, bro, you too, all right?
Speaker 1: Said I said, Oh look a fan, way too loud to look. Get over here. He's like, oh no, man, sorry, I'm actually on my way to right. You gotta you gotta won't let him leave.
Speaker 3: He's let go of my hands, sir, just sign you fucking coward. Fine, all right, well, myles, we're thrilled to be joined in our third seat my brilliant anti racism educator, activist, writer, creator of the acclaimed podcast White Homework. It's Tory Williams Douglas.
Speaker 4: Happy, Happy History Month, happy to be there.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just look at my Google Calendar really quick. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, terrible.
Speaker 4: We're not We're not looking at Google. I've switched to Duck dot COO change my default settings so I don't have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't it funny the things that are nudging us over the line to finally like disconnect from these evil companies. Like it's like, nah, all the stuff before and then I'm like, that's it. The map plus the lack of uh pride months and history months that have gone bye bye.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I now use Apple Maps. I use weights from that is owned by Google. Google, So we're good here.
Speaker 1: We're all Some of the maps that people were like other examples of places that haven't made the switch.
Speaker 3: I was like, I've never heard of these bang oh wow bang ye interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know how could they not.
Speaker 3: I mean this should maybe just motivate us to use paper maps again. I mean we used. I used to do that as a youth. So you can't set your car yeah, Thomas Guide for.
Speaker 4: The Thomas Guide, yep.
Speaker 1: I like Doug dut Go because when I'm making a sacrifice around on ideological grounds, I like to feel like I'm making a sacrifice, you know, like the thing is objectively worse in most harsh.
Speaker 4: It's harsh out there for sure.
Speaker 3: Proton male, you know, just.
Speaker 4: Got me one of those, just got me one of those.
Speaker 3: Yep, not great, but what why should it be, you.
Speaker 4: Know, taking one for the team, you guys.
Speaker 1: Turns out a lot of the things that were like greasing the wheels of our applications was like their desire to rob you blind.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, Jesus had his cross front to carry the ring. We have proton.
Speaker 6: Wow, I feel good, I know, Jesus.
Speaker 4: Oh good, it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good thing. We're not using AI right, because that'd be funny.
Speaker 3: God, honestly, someone, Yeah, that is a good one. Just replace anything with you is withel.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I want to see him. I want to see I want to see washing the feet of the tax collector. I want to see it all.
Speaker 4: Oh, Mary Magdalene washing Smgel's feet with her hair.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, we can make us really weird guys, Like I.
Speaker 3: Can see being so weird trying to resurrect Lazarus and ship and yeah, like anything, maybe we don't make Maybe I think Lazarus would have wanted it this way rather than freaky dude with a loin cloth all bvery over him, was just walking around in a loin cloth?
Speaker 1: Or is that just because one of his most iconic moments happened on the cross cloth?
Speaker 4: Yea, like on the cross it fits aesthetic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for some reason, I don't want to see and that choicethetic. I'm going to take off my pants, sir. You don't have to do that before the crucifixion. No, no, I want to be up there.
Speaker 1: We have talked before about some theories being floated that Jesus had a foot thing, and I had forgotten the story about Mary Magdalene washing his hair, washing his feet with her hair, washing his hair with her.
Speaker 3: Feet would be.
Speaker 4: Directions that would be.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, Jesus couldn't escape the fucking rumors if that happened. He was his damn hair with her feet. The is wrong with him? I don't know, bro, he bailed me out of my party now I didn't have enough wine food.
Speaker 1: But I suspect that, like, there's lots of evidence of the foot fetish thing that I just don't know the Bible well enough to know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well, the.
Speaker 1: Hair foot thing is like that that feels like you know, usually he's like.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, He's he's always the one who's like no, no, no, no no, like I I serve you. But then when it comes to like washing his feet, washing his feet with her hair, he's like, yeah, okay, we can do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Usually yeah, usually he's like nope, I'm yeah.
Speaker 3: Get in between those toes. Do you know so much.
Speaker 4: About the Bible? Is this of Miles?
Speaker 3: He's also a tortured Catholic. Yeah, yeah, all right, I just yeah, I had. I had Lutheran school, just crammed in my brain from kindergarten to eighth grade, and then switched to Catholicism for high school.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yo, great, oh got it.
Speaker 3: All, you know, got it all? Like then, I remember a couple of times we go to Presbyterian like youth group because like a bunch of kids I knew and like middle school were going and I was like, what the fuck, y'all don't even swear in here? We are twelve. We should be saying the F word. Okay, is that real? What saying? Yeah? No, I did Presbyterian school. I went to a No, I went to a Presbyterian like youth group thing because like other kids I knew, like kids who weren't fully like on some Jesus stuff. We're like, yo, it's fun, dude. We do like scavenger hunts around the city or whatever. And I went and like everything, no, no, no, not even with like the very wholesome like the scavenger hunt was like tell a stranger, they're a good like. It was like weird, Like this wasn't it wasn't fun. It was like doing like christ stuff out in the open.
Speaker 1: Endow watch somebody's feet with your hair, with your hair, that is difficult for those of us with short hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the time, I I think I was recruited. I had very long, luscious hair. Good great for feet washing.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we're gonna do a segment of Stroyd Watch.
Speaker 3: Season one of the show.
Speaker 1: We used to do bloyd Watch where we would take a look at the tabloids.
Speaker 2: That's fucking go go.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna we're we're just gonna check in.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: The ticker keeps the percentage ticker keeps ticking upwards still like in the threes.
Speaker 3: So I love that we like get focused like it's up to three percent rather than there's a ninety seven percent chance it doesn't hit no man, but that three percent, Bro, we're here for it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: They already knows it's a sickness.
Speaker 1: But first, yam, we do like to ask our guests, this is something you may know about us.
Speaker 2: We like to ask you.
Speaker 3: What's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so I became a father about three months ago. Congratulation, Thank you very much. And I have a lot of I have a lot of fatherhood related Google search things that could give you, But instead I'm going to do something that is sort of a knock on effect of becoming a father. My most recent Google is phono have to be so loud? Question Mark because I have fulfilled my elder millennial from Portland, Ore again destiny, and I've gotten into vinyl records finally, high Fire or what I got myself a High Fi because I want my kid to grow up around as few screens as possible, is the lie I'm telling everyone, And I was like to do that, I'll just start getting into records. And in the last like week, I have like I bought a turntable and speakers off eBay and like had to run the wires all like all this shit. Myself, I did not realize how deep like this hiphi culture goes, and how like how kind of how technical you have to be with everything. So my last one was why why do I have to have my volume so loud when I'm on phono mode coming from my turntable? And I only kind of have an answer, but h yeah, I have dove headlong into record collecting.
Speaker 3: Final, did you have like a I mean feel like every millennial has some records because that kind of just was like a thing we'd buy, I like in the years past. But do you have did you have like a big collection to grow or you're you're suddenly now you're like I need to get everything you.
Speaker 5: Have like a decent collection because my wife had like one of those Crosley all in one.
Speaker 3: Like yeah this speaker built in yeah yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: But much like Funkco pop figurines. I think when you're a millennial, you just accumulate records, right, And I had over the years always telling myself like I'll get into it one day. So I had like a decent collection of stuff. Beatles like Queen, you know, a couple of David Bowie like all the stuff you buy and you hope someone sees when you when they come back to your house either or otherwise, you know, and you're like.
Speaker 3: And you keep point.
Speaker 5: I just have these. I'm just the kind of guy who has these.
Speaker 7: So that.
Speaker 3: The conversation blurred out, the sound is so much warmer. What are you talking?
Speaker 2: The record?
Speaker 7: Vinyl?
Speaker 3: Vinyl pops Vinyl?
Speaker 5: Did you see that letter from playing Parenthood on the kitchen table? I donate, donate regular I'm in the President's circle. So but I'm do I've I've dove in and I love it. I know I have. I think one of the things of getting older and becoming less cool and throwing off also being a dad, is I just don't have time to care about anything except what actually like makes me happy or what I feel like will make my family happy. And this makes me happy. And I don't care how much of a cliche it makes me, because it makes me the most cliche the most. But we were like I brought I brought my son out to play on his mat, listening to like Father John Misty, you know, as he played on his mat, and I'm like, should I change his name to Bowie.
Speaker 3: Oh you're love this. Listen to this, Geez Jesus Cross. He was actually in Fleet Foxes. He was the drummer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he left.
Speaker 5: There's kind of a song about it. Two States the South because he lived in Washington with but yeah, I'm fully embracing it. My I'm like, we were talking about Dad shoes earlier, Dad shoes.
Speaker 3: Vinyl Dad shoes.
Speaker 1: Six gels have like that gel feel in the bottom, Like can you feel the gel like that? I had this one experience where the point guard on my high school basketball team let me wear his Allen Iverson Gel react juice shoes.
Speaker 3: I think you're talking about the question threes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like technology could like feel the technology in the shoe, and I was like, this is the coolest thing. And then, like you know, I gave him a shoes back and never felt that again. And I've always been kind of searching for that, but my brand, the loyalty, prevents me from searching too deep.
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that what the ACEX gels do well? DMX technology was I think you're talking about the ones that had I forget what number version of the Allen Iverson shoe, but the ones that had the d m X and the soul felt like the squishiest I remember. But these are like they're just comfortable. It's not like the kind of thing where gimmicky you're just like it is comfortable. Yeah, I'm a gimmicky. I'm a gimmicky bitch.
Speaker 5: If you do, you put a peanut butter and jelly saying what your se that.
Speaker 3: It? It was the moment the shoe went from being the question to being the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that it became the answer to my lifelong question of how I feel that squash?
Speaker 5: Yeah? How got? How can I feel like I'm putting my foot in a gusher?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly. I want to feel like I'm walking. Would be a great collapse, free bocking gushers. Yeah, but like just one over. The energetic step ruins the shoe, like.
Speaker 5: Scorting out the side.
Speaker 3: I got blue blue everywhere.
Speaker 8: Of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miles with something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Uh, something I think is underrated? Wait where did I say? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why was i I'm like, why am I even looking this up? I was just talking about unintentionally bad music. Okay, I love music, and I don't know if you guys know this. I like music Okay, I'm kind of going out on a limitar to say that out loud on a podcast.
Speaker 2: But this guy likes music.
Speaker 3: This guy's got one thumb and loves music. And one of the algorithms served me a.
Speaker 2: Track to thumb. Don't worry about it. Why am I own thumb?
Speaker 3: Trial? Who cares? But one of the algorithms served me like this track that I just cannot get out of my head. And a lot of people are watching like it's it's like blowing up on social media. But people, I think are making fun of the songs. I, on the other hand, I'm like, these are so sincere and literal that I fucking love it. Just allow me to play just an excerpt of one of these tracks, just because I want. I just want to familiarize the audience with this one.
Speaker 1: Now, my heart alter, I'm still not over it.
Speaker 3: That's not anyway.
Speaker 1: So so this is just like Rando people in the Bay Area, they're singing, they're singing, like actual song.
Speaker 2: That's the band.
Speaker 3: Oh po Mal Paul O'Malley people, everybody got a short, Yeah, that's po Mal or p mal or some ship. His name's like Peter O'Malley or so he's like he does like Broadway type singing, but he's kind of doing like R and B with this other guy who's like a producer. These again, a lot of people watch like with a sense of irony, and I am so captivated because I think I referenced a tweet on Blue Sky that was about like how the world would be better if people just made whatever the fuck they wanted to art wise, and we just don't stop giving a fuck about bad art or whatever. Yeah, this is so I don't know why, but it was so life affirming to see like people enjoy themselves by expressing themselves to whatever medium pleases them, and despite it maybe not being quote good or whatever, like the sincerity cuts through in a way that I was like, this is just this is something I don't know, I just like really enjoy it. There's another song about the lyrics. Are you think I'm the one like We're on the run And I'm like, what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: Like we're on the run, Like we're on the run.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, whatever, dude, I love these sixth grade lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that is like music is partially about just tapping into that like just feeling of being in middle school and crush and being like so dumb.
Speaker 3: That's why these dudes who are like in their late twenties I think are just killing It. Was like, like you're saying this sounds like a note I would write when I got broken up within fifth grade. Yeah, like I'm just not over it. Yoh fucking cutting through.
Speaker 1: Hard note My one time my sister's friend got broken up with in a note and the guy signed off by going, things change, people change, and nothing ever stays the same. And the degree to whitch, like just speaking to exactly what we're talking about, Like that was such a bar that, Like she told me about it and I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 3: I'm like your older sisters, right, yeah, my older how many years older at this point? Like what's the age difference? So she's coming, oh two years every funny you're like six and she's twelve, Like hey, hey, hey, I got to tell you about this really quick.
Speaker 1: No, it was like her friends were like cool, interesting like people.
Speaker 2: So I was just invested and they broke up. What happened?
Speaker 1: People change, things change, people change, nothing ever stays the same.
Speaker 2: That ship is a bar from from.
Speaker 1: Like a song like that that should be a lyric in a song that goes fucking platinum, but it's dumb as hell as dumb as hell.
Speaker 2: All right, uh underrated.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to people over the weekend, who.
Speaker 1: You know, fellow dads, and about like kids move, Like all the kids have the same kind of general genre of movies that they like want, like become obsessed with, and it's just like you know, you watch it one hundred times, like that's normal, like Star Wars, and then like just talking about the fact that mine was Jaws, which is solicited an alcoholic sheriff whose death drive sends him into the heart of the ocean with like a man who's cucking him, and like wait, what h Cooper in the book is having an affair with his wife and like there's some tension in the movie, okay, And then Quinn is like the human death drive personified. A child that was like just a couple of years older than me gets like burst like a blood grape, and like all the kids today have like finding Nemo and cars and cars too, and like I guess I'm just at that point where like my kids are now at ages that I can remember and being like that's so wild that at that age, my thing, like my kids things are legos and and you know, Chess and Star Wars and you know, my oldest is like into via Star Wars. He's like gotten real into like military history, which is a little more. But I was like deep at the age of my six year old. I was like deep into this movie that was had so many like adult you know how like the things that they rate movies on is like adult themes.
Speaker 2: There's just so many adult themes.
Speaker 1: Like there's a line where he's like you want to get drunken mess around with his wife.
Speaker 3: And You're just like like, yeah, this is what happens when like child development wasn't really like a thing. There was the philosophy there.
Speaker 2: He was like old Disney movies. I think.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, which is wild to me though too, because I my dad would show me a ton of weird art house films, like I remember watching like Erase Her Head or like Naked Lunch and shit when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could barely handle that as a forty year.
Speaker 3: I just I remember being bored. I was like, this shit isn't black and white, this ship is dumb. I just and then but obviously I'm like this is some really intense visual shit going on in it. Like I won't shake, like the dancing chicken thing from it. I can't for whatever reason.
Speaker 7: That really bothered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like a little sperm baby, yeah, always flying around.
Speaker 3: Then the other thing was like but then I would watch Bamby and then like the mom gets killed, I'm like, yeah, so my parents are like, well, at least the racerhead to have like some like you know, Mattress Side kind of shit happening in the beginning. I don't know. It was just very uh, I don't know, I think, And then maybe my parents use that to be like, well he cried watching Bamby. But these experimental art house films and early Tarantino works are.
Speaker 1: Fine when you watched early Tarantino.
Speaker 3: Like I watched every Tarantino movie like within a year of it coming out. Yeah, Like so I saw Reservoir Dogs when it hit tape. I saw Pulp Fiction when it hit tape, So.
Speaker 1: That would have been like you were eight, yeah, well Pulp Fiction was like ninety four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was like ten eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean just be like watching the gimp scene and I'm like, I don't know what's going on, Like I remember just fully watching that. I'm like, what the fuck are they doing? Like just like not completely all of like how graphic it was was completely lost on me until obviously I got older. I was like, Yo, that guy, look at they get in the mask. Oh dude, the gimps coming out.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: What a goof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Diehard was my favorite movie when I was in third grade.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was there with you.
Speaker 3: We're all fucked up.
Speaker 1: It's all fucked up now. Yeah, a lot of jokes about.
Speaker 2: Him at that tentel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Caitlin Gil we do like to ask our guest, what is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 9: Stop putting so much stuff on French fries. They just alone as a delicious side. They do not t So this is the West Coast problem that I feel like exists everywhere. But if you've gone to an in and out Burger, you are aware that you can order an animal fry, which is all the animal style stuff on fries that includes cheese, grilled onions, the sauce. I feel like pickles are incorporated somehow. Please stop get the burger, eat the fries. Nell If there was like a Windy's In and Out Universe crossover. And you said, here's a baked potato and there's lots of good stuff on it.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 9: Interested, Please tell me more about this product.
Speaker 3: Fries are fried, fried is crispy?
Speaker 10: Do not?
Speaker 9: And I know in and out frieser devices. In and of themselves, they are not the crispiest of fries, which is why it's even more important that you do not throw a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of stuff on top of them.
Speaker 9: Get the fry and the catchup, minimize the contact time with anything liquid in nature, and consume the fry.
Speaker 8: I do like a dip fry.
Speaker 7: I don't like.
Speaker 8: I don't like, I don't.
Speaker 11: I hate ketchup, I do barbecue, sauce, cheese, you gotta.
Speaker 8: I don't mind cheese on the fry.
Speaker 3: But I'm not right about this.
Speaker 9: Like, if you disagree with me, you're not wrong. I just I personally feel like fries should be preserved in their in their holy state.
Speaker 11: Please so Victor, Victor asks the question, I'll ask his question, and I'll ask my question. One he asks his poutine too much?
Speaker 9: Has never wanting to offend a Canadian, I'm gonna say that, no, it.
Speaker 3: Isn't you can so much.
Speaker 8: You could say, yes, he doesn't have a microphone, so he can't say.
Speaker 3: I would never do this, but.
Speaker 9: My perfect poutine would be like a little gravy warmer and and kurds on the side to assemble it myself.
Speaker 8: Oh I want, It's just what I want. No correct wrong about.
Speaker 9: Like Poutina's the big flat steak fries, which is a whole different conversation.
Speaker 11: I get you, now, you now for like the trama of the fry, I get that, Like, no, listen, just give me the fry, But what about seasoning?
Speaker 8: What about uh huh?
Speaker 9: Secretly at all the best fries are the weird, like the ones that come frozen with the cracker like seasoning on the outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cuts good.
Speaker 11: But there's about the ones that look like they got like they're the orange.
Speaker 8: They need to go to the dermatologist.
Speaker 3: But you yes, yeah, that's an excellent fry.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Like I'm trying to think of who has fries like that, Like, uh, do you remember like maybe not.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, do you remember like Checkers or Rallies fries?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Have like some of the have some of that, yeah, some of that a little bit too yeah, yeah, season all right, so as long as we get listen, I'm with you. As long as we get seasoned on the fries, all the extra ship shouldn't.
Speaker 9: It's very fair that you ask a reputation regarding seasoning is deserved off.
Speaker 3: And use it extensively.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, all right, I've been saying mayonnaise is way too spicy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back, we'll hear you're overrated, and we'll get into some news.
Speaker 7: And we're back back.
Speaker 1: And I did not pay much attention to what Donald Trump was up to this weekend.
Speaker 3: At the at the Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I somehow watched every second of the broadcast of the Daytona five hundred without catching the fact that that was prompt the Daytona five hundred because I'm not American. But he opened the race by riding in the back of a limousine around the Daytona five hundred track, and then also made some overtly dictatorial proclamations on social media, posting, he who saves his country does not violate any law.
Speaker 3: Damn take that, Chuck Schumer, boom, take that. Did you hear what he just said, anyone who saves his country does not violate any capital l law.
Speaker 1: Love the love the random hop okay, indiscriminate capitalization.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came up with that, I think too, because he tweeted he did. I think he who.
Speaker 1: Saves this country does not violate any law which was attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck see, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know that he's one of.
Speaker 4: The good guys. Right in history he's seen as a good guy. I think based on the.
Speaker 1: Joaquin Phoenix film. I think he was like just kind of a crafty little dude, get me getting after.
Speaker 3: It out there, Yeah, just running. He couldn't been that bad. He inspired Abba to make a song called Waterloo. Well yeah, so it does predictably have a much stupider origin. It's not an actual Napoleon quote, of course.
Speaker 1: It was started with a conservative commentator, Logan Hall, posting an image of Napoleon all this way quote.
Speaker 3: Is that different than Logan Paul. There's another guy Hall. Okay, there's a guy called Logan Hall.
Speaker 1: Also, their conservative commentator and influencer generator is just stuck on Logan Yeah, Logan Ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh Lamello's cousin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Lamello's cousin Logan, Yeah, Loan, of course. But he posted the quote on truth Social and then Trump just like kind of took it from that. It was originally a quote from a Napoleon movie that came out in nineteen seventy called Waterloo, starring Rod Steiger as Napoleon. That's one of those names that I was like, okay, and then I'm gonna watch the clip and I'll be like, oh, Steiger, of course. And I watched the clip, I was like, I don't know who the fuck this guy is.
Speaker 3: Wait, so I love that again. It's so off, it's not even a real quote. And then it's from a fucking movie from out Napoleon to be like, yeah, all right, dude, I'm send that send that along because they think I'm doing some kind of unconstitutional nonsense. I'm just saving the country.
Speaker 1: That's right, man, and then taken by a conservative influencer, stripped of context, put with the painting of Napoleon and while history is written. I was really hoping that the quote was from Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Trump fucking posted I bet I could throw this football clear over them mountains and you're like, he's got some real uncle rego. Yeah, isn't your child? You gotta you have a Napoleon enthusiast.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was pro long. It was a long, hard couple of it was a pandemic. The pandemic in the entire pandemic was was Napoleon stories and hearing about Napoleon and going as Napoleon for Halloween and uh I remember that, ye, yeah, which was he was. He was a very cute little Napoleon, I will say, but it took a while to kind of try to talk him down, although I was successful from the idea of having you know, having a dictator who's who just like wants the best for the country and like wants to do all these good things for the people, and so why wouldn't you give me all the power? I want to make the country great?
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's very appealing to eight year old boys and apparently to Trump, so they have that in common.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like my reaction to this is kind of the same one that you probably had, where you're like, of all the world famous European dictators, like, yeah, not Stalin.
Speaker 3: It's not like those would be really, how do you as a as a.
Speaker 1: Parent deal with you like your child?
Speaker 3: He love Stalin heard this, Hey, I know you liked him. Play. Do you like this general Lissimo Franco? God, you're gonna try him out a little bit? No for good measure?
Speaker 4: No, okay, okay, Oh what's this Mussolini doing in here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's okay. So my kid has has done a pretty big swing. But there was that moment where it was like, okay, but capitalism sucks. So Stalin he also did that, and we're like no, no, no, no, no, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 7: Reading.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh so, I mean, for whatever it's worth, Trump will ever get to this point because he hasn't read. But you know he's reading the Communist Manifesto right now, a little older, little wiser, trying to learn some stuff. You know, it's it's a.
Speaker 3: Process thinking, get him, get him on that fan on next you know, some France, and now you got going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now you're cooking m hm. Anyway, No, this is not This isn't terrifying at all. I do love that, like the right will just constantly blast out stuff that like attributing things to the wrong people like this was like George Washington praying we had what whatever it was like the Delawa crossing in Delaware, or like this is the prayer, didn't Mike Johnson a couple of months ago do like this is the prayer of like Thomas Jefferson, who was not really even a theist to it's like you read this every day. No he didn't, and they just it doesn't matter. Like my thing that I keep coming back to is it's like we had this for for for decades. It was like the marketplace of ideas, and you gotta you gotta put your ideas out there, got to compete in the marketplace of ideas. And it's like this is the marketplace of reality now like the like the like never mind ideas. It's like what actually happened and what didn't is constantly up for debate, and Trump, I think contributes to that on a pretty much daily as he's in office.
Speaker 3: It's like there's like this very like elementary school logic that's applied where it's like, well, if that historical figure said it, then it has to be okay because they're in they're from history, you know, like in the same way like they had like that fake MLK endorsement, like or in the lead up to the election, and like, bro, this is a fake ascid But what the fuck are you all talking about. I mean, I'm okay, maybe I'm okay. Whatson did okay? Uh uh yeah. I mean Luckily though, the the the sycophants loved this very odd display of power.
Speaker 1: It's just interesting timing before we get to the SICCA fans, because this is like as they're going over to Europe and being like, by the way, you all work for us now and your only problem is that you're not friendly enough to Nazis in the right wing and we're team Putin, So.
Speaker 3: Taking all right, see you later, take it? Any question?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 3: All right man, great talk, great talk, great talk. Well we'll head on out now. Yeah. That's also God, it's all it's all happening so quickly.
Speaker 1: But all the times to be quoting Napoleon, this is an interesting moment, right, right, of.
Speaker 4: All the times to be quoting not Napoleon, right, So yeah, that weird race track display where he's like an right around in my armored car.
Speaker 3: All of his goons went on TV to tell everyone how they should think of it and how cool it is because that's that's the deal now, because that was just the sickest display of impotent power ever ever. So I remember that guy, well, he was a primary opponent, but Dog Burger, no Doug Burgum, It's always hard to remember his name. He's now the Secretary of the Interior. He went on Fox like the next day to like, really just lay it on thick like this is that was so amaz and it's giving you know, full blown I don't know, whatever dystopian vibes you want to put in there, I'll let you decide. But here's dog Berger talking to Fox and Friends.
Speaker 12: When we saw him take that victory lap of sorts going around the track.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, yeah, well, oh, Steve, watching President Trump in the beast, leading the pace guard, leading a field of the most talented drivers in the world, kicking off the entire NASCAR season for America.
Speaker 10: When he was doing that, it reminded me of how he's actually leading the world right now. Opportunity to be with him, with the Prime Minister Modi from India, with the Prime Minister of Japan, and the world is looking to President Trump for his leadership, and he's out in front and everybody's following his lead, and wow, is that great for America and great for the world.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's great for the world. You know. Obviously he's out there in armored Carl literally going in circles over and over again, going absolutely nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's other directions you could have taken that metaphor, Yeah, just just.
Speaker 3: Leading people round and around on the road to nowhere. But it looks really fucking cool. Then he goes on. He keeps amping it up. He's like, oh man, there's stuff he's doing. Now, he's on it. He's not another gear.
Speaker 1: I just like the idea that because everyone's looking at him, that he must.
Speaker 3: Be like leader.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, yeah, everyone looking at him the way people in the room with a monkey might follow the lead. If the monkey picked up a handgun and like looked look at him like a monkey that just picked up a handgun, and they're like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. All eyes on him, must be good, must be good because people are looking right, yeah, exactly, like made you look logic of an adolescent bully, or.
Speaker 3: Just saying like, I mean, well, they were looking like it was in disbelief. Yeah, but they were looking even though it was. They were aghast. It doesn't matter. He goes on to continue to, you know, demonstrate how loyal he is to the leader.
Speaker 10: I got elected for the first time the same time President Trump did back in November twenty sixteen. Working with him as a governor then, I mean he was he was courageous during his first term. But this time he's fearless. He's operating at the next level. He's had a different gear. And whether you take a look at things like last Friday signing.
Speaker 3: He said, another gear just like ending democracy. You know what I mean, He's found a whole nother level.
Speaker 1: Real I want the person who's piloting the ship of the most powerful military in the history.
Speaker 3: Of the world to be fearless. Yeah, that's what I want him to be.
Speaker 1: Also, if you notice his hair is pretty wet and greasy, Yeah, that's because he washed Trump's feet with his hair.
Speaker 3: Just like the grease from his feet. He actually can't even wash it out anymore. He's like, yeah, I don't know it just he's so greasy. I want to flip back now, I guess permanently. Permanently, but yeah, the obviously people within the administration aren't the only ones who are falling in line. Again, there's always something happening Meta. Recently we found out they also wanted to remind Trump that they are also very ready to bend both knees and bow prostrates before the leader when he pulled when like, Meta pulled an ad on their platform that was critical of the fascist takeover. This is a report from musk Watch. Quote. The ad links to an online petition which has received roughly ninety five thousand signatures calling for a quote massive public outcry demanding US lawmakers take action against Musk and doze before more damage is done. And if you look on Meta's ad library, you can kind of see like why things were, you know, taken off or not. They claim that this ad violated its rules on quote unacceptable business practices, and you're like, oh, I'm sorry. Like unacceptable business practices, according to Meta, prohibits advertisers from misleading people into purchase, seeing or sharing sensitive information, exaggerating health related benefits, and touting deceptive financial benefits. So the ad must have been rife with fucking lies. Here, let me read it really quick. This was the main text I think that they have. They were at odds with quote a single individual now controls sensitive US data, risking our national security. Urged Congress to enforce strict oversight.
Speaker 4: Holy sham man, unacceptable business.
Speaker 3: We dodged a bullet. Yeah, what were they thinking? What were they thinking?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it's healthy democracy crosses the line. It's just you're over You're touting the benefits of a healthy democracy, and that's just not real, right.
Speaker 3: The one Then the Washington Post also pulled an ad recently too that was critical. So it's oh boy, they're really yeah.
Speaker 1: Do we what do we think the chances are there's like a free election next time, Like like not good.
Speaker 4: For four years or two years. I don't think it's good either way.
Speaker 3: No, Like, there's no way she's not with the shit they're doing. Where if you think you can like kick a bunch of people off these like safety net programs and be like yeah, then there won't be any kind of political backlash to anyone for this, Yeah, I don't. That's very hard to believe them, Like you'd have to if you're strategizing, well, how do we take away billions from people that are keeping them alive? Well, then we have to make sure they like we have to nullify their opinion in an election, meaning we just have to do whatever the fuck we can to make sure these people can't vote or we can manipulate the outcomes of it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Just seems like it's worse than people are able to like wrap their mind around at this moment. Like it's just the inability to speak freely, the lining up of every kind of you know, barrier of of any consequence, and the complete absence of the Democratic Party at this moment in any like effective way feels a lot, just a lot stranger and like further further down the path than like people. I think people are just like, yeah, well, still got to go to work in the morning, which true, you know.
Speaker 4: But I think that like the trickle that this is this is because what they're doing, I think is fucking with the economy. So I think that's going to hit people first. This is my theory anyway, right, because it's like firing all of these people with all of these expertise is going to cause problems, even if it hasn't caused any problems quite yet, like like like structural problems, right, or like economics like system wide problems, right, Yeah, obviously causing problems for individuals. At this point, we're seeing that people are people are dying. But I think that, like, I think we're going to get that that's going to hit before we get to the polls and whether or not they respect like the out comes of the election or somehow try to manipulate those outcomes. I mean, it's like if if it's true that like Elon Muskin has little you know, very strange little boy squad have like access to everything, then yeah, what's what's the I think I don't know, it's hard to say if people are gonna be like, what's the point ain't even voting? Like why why bother?
Speaker 1: Because sure will they have to even cheat when exactly a Democratic cardy has bet the knee and Trump is like why not why one knee?
Speaker 3: Why the singular knee?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Why you should get a double knee?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems weird.
Speaker 4: Weird, seem weird.
Speaker 3: I think it's weird. Yeah, well, I think it's just it's just so hard to fathom that the order of things is completely gone. And I think, yeah, that's just as whether it was just or not, it's just like that's the momentum that's been caring for the last few decades and to be like, do I think that shit's fucking cooked right now? Yeah? Is it's like kind of like this thing where it's like, well, I need a few more things to make me believe that it is. I know what they're saying out loud means it's over. But now it's like the ramifications of that are now, I think, on their way, and that's when you'll start seeing things like more fucking preventable incidences, whether that's like through negligence or actual malice or just the inefficiencies that come up from doing this thing, because like they're definitely like they run the government like people, you know, like anyone who's worked jobs where people at the top have no idea what other people do at the company. And then they're like, yeah, they gotta go. And you're like, are you serious, dude, Everything fucking fun. I know you don't think that is an integral part, but I'm telling you everything will fall apart if that person doesn't work here anymore, like everything, and yeah, you know, we're fine, Like it's working fine, and it's just one person. What what how? What could happen? And I feel like there are going to be a lot of moments where we begin to see that, But I don't know. I was surprised that they even rescinded the termination of the people who were overseeing the you know, red figgering of nuclear warheads. I guess there was a line.
Speaker 4: There kind of. But I think that they do the thing where they intentionally overstep and then they go back half a step and everybody's like, oh fuck, thank god, right, and it's like we're still not back to where we started, like, and they keep doing that.
Speaker 3: Over and I'm wondering, like, what is that supposed to set up? They're like, well, remember when we rehired the people that were in charge of like all the nuclear weapons. Okay, now here's my next my follow up act that makes it seem less fucked up. Yeah, it's it's very hard to tell, but yeah, I mean you put on the news and they're all very much it is. It's like Fox, even now more than ever, is truly on board and being like, yes, whatever is, whatever, whatever reality is, we're going to say the opposite. You have trumped arrangement syndrome.
Speaker 1: If you think that it's bad that we just fired everybody who knows how to access and control the nuclear weapons in this country.
Speaker 3: Yeah. God, that was a sad quote too, not even a that that strange relationship between Trump and Musk on like just got even weirder on that their handity appearance because already that like oval office thing felt like again younger person praying on an old senile person to just wait for them to die so they can take all their money and then but also kind of controlling them so their families, Like, I think that's not the one who's thinking this stuff. It's like, of course it's not. Your father loves me. Get used to father loves me and says everything that I say should be respected just as if it were said by him. Are there any questions? Thank you? Moving on, But yeah, that was a very That moment was also one where we heard Musk go off about Trump derangement syndrome and that's you.
Speaker 1: Haven't even signed your NDA from Christmas yet, Yeah, Jesus, And.
Speaker 3: When would you be changing your last name? Because he doesn't want you associating with him anymore. Yes, he told me. He told me that last night when we were in bed.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And so we saw Donald Trump be uh just greeted with roaring applause at the super Bowl. So no questions about his popularity. He's the most popular president of all time. Oh wait that super Bowl was on Fox and they added that noise. But anyways, uh, he there does seem to be just even the way like the New York Times, like everybody greets its like as if, well, this president is very popular, and you can tell because of all the crazy shit he's doing. And it's like, right, wait, I mean just because he's claiming he's popular, you're also hearing these little whispers of like meanwhile, like Lisa Murkowski's office is like, we've never had this many calls before from our constituents being like, what the fuck is happening right now? Yeah, and you know, like Republicans are saying that's like, yeah, they're like my constituents, the people that vote for Donald Trump are are very concerned, whether it's because they are federal employees, they're family members, are federal employees, or people that rely on these government programs that are getting the fucking acts.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like there are In the last week, I've seen multiple like there's just a ton of headlines about Republicans being very nervous, is what they say, you know, without actually doing anything like we hate that for them. No, No, Congress calm Republican. But they're trying to do the thing where they're like trying not to be like this dude is fucking up. They're trying to use like just this like very neutral language, but to also underscore that they are a bit concerned. Like Don Bacon, he's a congress member from Nebraska. Bacon, before Macon cuts rashly, the administration should be studying and staffing to see what the consequences are. Measure twice before cutting. See I like that. It's very dadfolk. That's like dad core shit. Measure twice cut once you get it, okay, And he said they have had to backtrack multiple times. Lisa Murkowski and the Senator from Alaska said, we all want efficiencies. There's a way to do it, and the way these people have been treated has been awful in many cases. Awful, Okay, a little bit stronger, Lisa, all right, double.
Speaker 8: Down on that.
Speaker 3: Awful, but anyway, so many other members also spoke under the condition of cowardice and has said, they don't like that the Constitution is getting shitted on, but hey, what the hell are they going to actually do about it? Is kind of we have no leverage.
Speaker 1: You're you're Republican, right, You're.
Speaker 12: We have no Jeffreys that I named Jeffrey. Also, what do you want us to do? Where you just see what Congress he came up with a new uh fucking like stupid nickname for Trump this yeah, or maybe it's Musk I believe, no, no, he it's it's he goes, he goes. This guy's like Captain Chaos and you're like, holy swish swish from way downtown.
Speaker 3: The Democratic Party is died. So anyway, the Bernie I'm gonna say, the Bernie.
Speaker 1: Video that is getting millions of views on TikTok where he just like describes the situation as being oligarchs felt good. It's the first thing I've seen a public figure do that just made like, Yeah, more of that. Let's just like do that for three hours a day, just like talk to people about what is actually happening, what is oligarchy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because clearly do I think a lot of the thing is like your audience for all the politicians out there, the baseline for knowledge is low. You're going to have to aren't with what is money okay, and how that all works, because assuming they know what things like subsidies are or grants or social safety net. But no, no, no, we have to start from the bottom and teach the web anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can't go camping anymore. You can't go to these general you know what I mean. It's like your grandmother won't get medicine. It's like that kind of thing, like, yeah, not like they've cut medicare.
Speaker 2: We will win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Chuck. But also there's like maga influencers posting on social media that these cuts are like hurting the people that love you, mister president, please reconsider. So this is all happening, So it feels like people aren't totally convinced that having no job or losing benefits is winning at all, which brings us to the propaganda arm of the regime. Fox News. They spent the morning doing a full on WandaVision on their viewers to get them to believe like Musk is doing a good job and that every cent the government is spending is on woke circumcisions. So they did they covered this press conference where Trump was like, look at this, this saying they want more equitable voting access in Africa. I don't know. Education in Asia they're doing better than us, I'd say, so what are we doing this? Like only reading like very specific words out of a description of a program, they just paint an entire thing to be like, this is about circumsance, like nos a public health measure that we're talking about that does include education around that it's not to be like and here's our circumcision budget. So anyway, this is Fox pretty much trying to spin all of that and inoculating their viewers to get them to sort of decouple the idea that like government spending is good, that all government spending is actually going on woke nonsense. That is a waste of your money, all right.
Speaker 14: Laura, So in the Bingo card of waste in our taxpayer dollars, I don't know if anyone could have predicted social inclusion, learning, circums voter inclusion. The list goes on. But what a horrifying list that is. And thank god for dosh in President Trump.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I would love to hear one person in the Democrat Party try to justify any of these line items. I mean, imagine you are a person who's been struggling the past four years, who's been trying to put food on the table, get the basics for your family, and you find out ten million dollars of your harder and taxpayer money is going overseas for circumcisions. They are indefensible items, and that is why Donald Trump is in there exposing it. You know, it's funny I saw online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, that's not always having it. Your hard earned money is actually going to oligarchs, so they no longer paid. That's where the money is actually going. But nice try like again, they want to connect all of this to be like it just goes to woke stuff and that's your money rather than your money is getting shipped upward in another mass wealth redistribution scheme that we see every fucking time and again, fortunately I.
Speaker 1: Am forced to respect any point that is made using the didn't have that on my twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five bingo card. Yeah yeah, metaphor, it works every time on me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, god, damn, that makes me think of bingo and I feel like I have that there.
Speaker 5: The Grand American tradition every January first we sit down and we make our Bingo card for the year an I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, the next number we're picking is I fourteen. Hold on, sorry, I have fifty million dollars for circumcisions here. What do I what do I put a tile here? Can I mark that? But again, these aren't fucking savings like Christy Noman was talking about, or ship to put money in your pocket. These are critical programs that keep people alive, keeping our food from fucking poisoning us, critical services. Again, they just want to have their people be as ignorant as possible and intentionally ignorant about everything that's happening again, so they can get away with this just massive theft. They also obviously need to sell Musk like as being this genius because right now a third of Republicans believe a third of Republicans are in the category of Musk has entirely too much influence over this White House. So they know they're like, oh shit, we need to get those numbers down. This is in the same segment they go on to do this thing where they're clearly talking to old people by describing Musk's technological genius.
Speaker 1: Person they can code all of it, which I really think is what Musk secret sauces.
Speaker 2: He knows something that we don't know.
Speaker 1: He knows how you can develop programs that can build products if you need it, or build software that can give us answers.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, my god, he knows. That is so fucking syne when you go he knows things we don't know, like acting like now we're using like a deification sort of logical framework of like faith in Musk to be like and the Lord knows how the programs, and we must type it into the magical computer box and out will come the answers saying problem.
Speaker 5: And then he'll change some M to a B and it will look much more impressive, right, what Like why oh, why did the government think to hire someone who knew how to do computers before?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: They like I remember when he took over Twitter and was like making all those changes and like firing everybody and then being like come in and show me your code, and people are like just even the questions that he's asking suggest that he like has a very like pedestrian.
Speaker 3: Understanding of like coding and like how any of this shit? Right?
Speaker 1: Like he's hasn't coded anything, successful in his life. Like, that's not what he does. He goes in and takes advantage of imbalances like or loopholes and laws where it can make him a bunch of money and then just repeatedly, you know, abuses those loopholes until he has millions and then billions of dollars.
Speaker 3: That's all he does. And based on how other like actual computer program programmers talk about how Elon talks about it, they're like, this dude sounds like a kid who's hanging out with older kids and going back to his kids that are his age and be like, yo, dude, this that like just saying a bunch of dumb shit he overheard without a real understanding of it, just because he's around people that do so. Then on top of that too, Jesse Waters also Fox min Man put his tiny ass brain to work, and this is the best he could come up with in terms of trying to manufacture consent for like levels of austerity that would make Margaret Thatcher look like fucking FDR. Here is Jesse Waters convincing his viewers that Doge is also here just listening to this shit.
Speaker 10: What never lies besides George Washington Math Math never never lies.
Speaker 3: Math always tells the truth. DOJ's math.
Speaker 5: Is math.
Speaker 1: So George Washington equals never lies, never lies equals math, math equals Doge transitive.
Speaker 3: Property GEQ, George Washington equals slave teeth as dentures. Yeah, that's that's that's what that's again all that's happening. And then on top of that too, we just had that fucking Hannity interview where Musk and Doge again with their weird ass Elder Abuse wrote like romance that they're doing on TV for everyone, Trump and Trump and Musk and Musk. Yeah, went on Hannity and basically like he was asked to think and Trump just said, the whole thing is like, well, inflation's back, and I got nothing to do with it. That's what this whole thing is now, like completely, I mean that is the most presidential thing about him, is just completely not delivering on presidential like promises. But yeah, they were, we're there now with the inflation. You hear about this, I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: My hands are tired, folks just taking direct quotes from Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: There's the ghost government. There's a ghost government controlling inflation.
Speaker 3: We gotta get it under control.
Speaker 5: Books, go go to call Danny Ackroyd. Danny Akroyd's coming in. Didn't go in the fiftieth, couldn't make the fiftieth. Working for Dose, didn't go to the fiftieth.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised. I'm surprised Bill Murray was there, if chefvy Chase was there. But you know, you saw that Bill Murray through some shade during the weekend up they think, you know, you know, he definitely watched s n L fifty. Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, fifty. Probably thought he was gonna get like in there.
Speaker 1: He's like, God, all right, that's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist, please like and review the show.
Speaker 2: If you like, the show means the world to Miles.
Speaker 1: He he needs your validation. Folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and we'll talk to you Monday.
Speaker 3: Bye.