Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our.
Speaker 2: Two on this Monday. Hope you had a great weekend. Gangs all here ready to go. We'll check in with Peter Schrager, NFL network analyst. He's been in Indianapolis for the Combine all week long. We will give you our best and worst of the weekend. A little bit later, we'll head to Hollywood. Kevin Fraser and Michelle Turner Entertainment Tonight co host after the Academy Awards last night, and Sean McVay, the Rams head coach as well. Matthew Stafford is back a fresh deal to your extension, and the Commanders went out and got Deebo Samuel from the forty nine ers. And if I'm Washington, I do not stop there. I go all in for Miles Garrett because if you don't get him, somebody else is in the NFC, and that could very easily be Detroit or Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: The combine wrapped up.
Speaker 2: Basketball wise, Lakers have won eight of ten, Cavaliers have won ten in a row. Poll question from hour one and what are we going to go with an hour or two seatan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hour one, we got up there would you rather have very small hands or very short arms.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is as a person, not as an athlete, or you could be an athlete who would also be a person.
Speaker 2: Okay, Paul, I.
Speaker 5: Think casually, noa would notice if your arms are short. No one day to day would grade you. But when you shake someone's hands, there's a quick judgment of size of hand and strength of handshake.
Speaker 2: As Setan says, you're reminded every single time you shake somebody's hand if your hands aren't big. Every time you shake somebody's hand, you're reminded nine.
Speaker 4: Times out of ten when you shake someone's hand, their hand is going to be bigger than yours. So yes, it's a constant reminder of smaller hands.
Speaker 2: How do you handle it? Hand to handle it? And we're trying to Marvin ask for a friend Jalen Milroe. His hands have grown since senior bull and Marvin is reaching out for a friend who might have small hands to see if that person could help Marvin's friend with his hand size.
Speaker 6: Yees, mar Yeah, definitely not for me. I'm not Yeah, I feel good about myself.
Speaker 2: Eight seven to seven three DP show email address DP at Dan Patrick dot com, Twitter, handle at DP show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. In fact, if you're watching on Peacock, Marvin, put your hands up to the camera and let him see your hands.
Speaker 3: Go chee. There's a massive I remember when you told me that you shook hands with Rajon Rondo.
Speaker 6: God, that was hurtful. I was that you're just going to disrespect me like that. He was like, I was just shaking your hand.
Speaker 2: I've ever shaken doctor Jay's hands, and I'm it's like my hand disappeared. It was just almost like et had those long fingers and you just were like, oh, oh my god. And I was in Philadelphia. This is at the end of Doc's career. He was sitting in the trainer's room and he had his hands on his knees, but his fingers went down it felt like to the middle of his shin and he just you know, it's one of those where you're seeing an athlete and his career and he's just there, he's getting ready to put ice on his knees and I just that image has stayed with me my entire career, of him at the end and just the beating that his body took, but those hands were massive. They went on forever. All right.
Speaker 3: Poll question for hour two is going to be what seat?
Speaker 2: No counter.
Speaker 4: By the way, the results of that very small hands, very short arms, yeap is an eighty one percent. Would rather have small hands than short arms. Would you rather have long arms and small hands or short arms and huge hands?
Speaker 2: Oh that's our twospok okay, but are your hands bigger if your arms are shorter?
Speaker 5: And when we say short arms, they're not like reptilian where they're just barely out. They're just an inch or two shorter than the average man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were measuring some of these offensive linemen and they talked about how they had short arms.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you come back from then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like you go home and your girlfriend says, would.
Speaker 2: They say I got short arms?
Speaker 3: What honey, they're long enough to put around me?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when they measure the arms, it's the wingspan, And I don't know how you can Can you cheat? Can you make it better? Can you stretch have two bros pull on either side?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Now now you do find you know, wingspan is a big deal in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Because they're talking about short arms.
Speaker 2: They're not talking wingspan in the NFL, so it's a whole different coating system there. In the NBA, it's about wingspan, because if you're six eleven and your wingspan is for somebody six eleven, that's not necessarily good. I know some of these guys, Victor Wein, Ben Yama, like his wingspan has got to be crazy, crazy number.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, there are ways you see where people like they hang upside down or something, you decompress your spine all of a sudden you're an inch and a half taller than you are or something.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there's ways to do that for I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, well maybe we can ask ask Peter Schrager, how do you make your arms longer?
Speaker 5: Yes, if you're Jalen Milroe, do you play the Joe Burrow card. Joe Burrow's hands measured nine inches even at the combine years ago, and it seems to have worked out well for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also another shorthander, Jared Goff, nine inches even. They're in good career despite the short.
Speaker 2: Stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the DP show some of our more popular flavors available tailgatemoonshine go to danpatrick dot com. Different sizes available as a four pack as well. Pumpkin spice, maple, cinnamon, apple, peppermint, bark, salted caramel some of our favorites danpatrick dot com. All right, so Peter Schrager will join us on loan from NFL Network. Coming up the Deebo Samuel going to the Commanders. Now, there's two stories here. The Commanders. I love what they're doing. They're being aggressive and you look at the forty nine ers. Now you got some salary dumps here because Brandon Aiyuk, who I never would have extended, but they did, and he got injured. They'll try to trade him as well. I think the emergence of pearceaw helps you know, maybe you know with those losses, you know, you got a rookie contract, came back from the gunshot wound, and did he win comeback play? He didn't win Comeback Player of the.
Speaker 3: Year, did he?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think you have to come back from something the previous season. He was shot in the preseason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think he just like came back right away because if I remember early in the season. He was their healthiest wide receiver and he had only been shot like six weeks earlier, and he was the healthiest wide receiver.
Speaker 3: You gotta time that out.
Speaker 5: You gotta time that out.
Speaker 2: You imagine who's your healthiest receiver. Uh, Ricky Piersoll. Wait, he just got shot. Yeah, he's our healthiest receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But you look at it the death chart, you're like this, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you can't. So you can't win Comeback Player of the Year award coming back from something during the season.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure about the language we're checking, but he he was on the non football injury list for the first seven weeks and then started playing. So is he eligible next season? But he played well in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how that works. It seems like we have really ramped up the attention for comeback player. But I think because of Damar Hamlin that you would go he came back from dying.
Speaker 3: Two time loser.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he lost twice and as somebody said, he could have won posthumously.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, tom So.
Speaker 8: Moving forward to anyone who wins that award, that has to be a little asterisk because it's really not that impressive everything's going to be compared to someone that died on the field.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think you want to win it, but I think if you almost die or you do die, that you should win it. They should name the Comeback Player of the Year award after DeMar Haml.
Speaker 3: Hard to beat. He came back from death.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, I don't have Ricky Pearsall on any of the voting this year for Comeback Player of the Year. I'm looking through. Everyone got five votes, every.
Speaker 1: Got a shot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 4: Is there any sort of hold over or left over from back in like the Teddy Roosevelt days where they're like almost died, We lost like fifteen guys a season. People died playing the game, and this guy almost died, big whoop.
Speaker 2: Well that was college. They almost outlawed football. It was so violent. Guys were dying, Yes, Marton.
Speaker 6: But Ricky Pearsall he was a rookie, so he didn't play the previous season in the NFL. Isn't it for somebody that was in the NFL the previous year? So you're coming back from something in the NFL, right.
Speaker 3: I would have probably changed the rules for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hamlin. Just the fact that he did come back. He literally came back. The other guys, you know they didn't literally come back. Yes.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: The new criteria by the voters given to the rest of the voters last year for Comeback Player of the Year quote players who have demonstrated resilience in the face of adversity by overcoming illness, physical injury, or other circumstances that led to the miss playing time the previous season. Ricky Piersoll not right.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in here, Turzo and des A Turzo.
Speaker 9: What's Danny? Hey? Long arms ten and a half and thighs. What's up?
Speaker 3: Marvin?
Speaker 9: Love you my man? Hey, Dan, I got a couple things for you. I think the most promising team every year is the Dallas Cowboys because they're always promising to do something but don't just saying rha next thing is like, I want to talk about Lebron. I met him whenever I was seventeen years old. He was a senior in high school. I was a junior. This was at the Big Time tournament out in Las Vegas. My entire adult life. I'm gonna be forty, come at me this year. He's always been a great professional. He has played basketball for this long. Let's just enjoy it. I want to say this to all of the haters of Lebron. He's not MJ. We don't need another MJ. All we ever do is need great players in the NBA. Like you always say, Dan, the NBA is great. We just need to change up with things about it. But we just need great players, we need personalities, We need this. I love the game. Let's just enjoy it. Enjoy our players when we have them. Don't hate on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we want I want the game to be better and I want baseball to be better. I want football to be better. But that doesn't mean I don't like it because I wanted to be better. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't watch it, playing simple. But when I do watch there are times when I go this isn't a good product. That doesn't mean I don't continue to watch it. It's just if I have the chance to talk to the commissioner, then I do. Or you know Rob Manfred with Major League Baseball talking to him as well. I saw where Rob Manfred there's a report that he is considering UH. I guess reinstating Pete Rose uh And I guess this has nothing to do with President Trump saying that he's going to part and Pete Rose. Now, Pete went to prison for income tax evation. So this doesn't have anything to do with gambling, because you know the ones a baseball crime. The other one is you know, the income tax evation. Yeah, point, So the genesis of this.
Speaker 5: In January eighth, Pete Rose's family petitioned Major League Baseball to have Pete Rose's lifetime ban reconsidered from the ineligibleist. And that's where we are right now, and Commission Manfred reportedly is considering looking at it.
Speaker 2: He hasn't even looked at the petition. Okay, that's where we're at. Yeah, because what's changed other than Pete died. Nothing's changed but the President saying I'm going to pardon him. He can only pardon him with the income tax evation. But the timing of this is what kind of caught everybody's time. Jerry in Austin, Hi, Jerry.
Speaker 10: Hey, Dan, good morning dance six' two sturdy two.
Speaker 11: Oh, three, awesome best and worst of the Weekend Michigan state and it went Over wisconsins my best five wins in a, row wor so my Red wings.
Speaker 9: Moving to The Blue.
Speaker 12: Jackets.
Speaker 10: OUCH i did have a faired ass From. Seaton had to work all, weekend, man and you give the best fired, up let's, Go we're gonna let's go as good as we.
Speaker 9: Started.
Speaker 2: Man did you follow That seaton of what he wanted from? You i'm not.
Speaker 3: Sure does he want me to say let's?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 3: OH i think maybe that's what it. Was all, right let's. Go i'll find a good spot to throw on in, there all?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah jamie And, Michigan, Hi, Jamie.
Speaker 13: Hey good, Morning dan and the Dan. Ats who are you? GREAT i had a athletic count for Your Adrian brody situation with winning The oscars so far.
Speaker 2: Apart, yeah twenty two years.
Speaker 3: Apart yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah AND i also had a good best of the. Weekend but my my player camp Is Ben. Crenshaw he won The masters in nineteen eighty four and then again in nineteen eighty, five just after his Coach Harry pennock.
Speaker 2: Died, okay, wait you said nineteen eighty four and then nineteen eighty, Five.
Speaker 13: No nineteen eighty, four and then he won it fifteen years later or fourteen years later in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Five that's. Good, okay it's good.
Speaker 13: One, Okay so that was my that was my comp and then my best of the WEEKEND i called a couple of years. Ago i'm the minister that did the worst of the. WEEKEND i Did junior The third at a, funeral And I'm i'm sad to REPORT i had to do another funeral this, weekend But i'm also happy to report he did have the Word junior at the end of his. Name BUT i did not screw it up this. TIME i did not Say junior the.
Speaker 2: Third Tabby, Jamie what was the reaction when you've said this poor person who dined and you called, them you, Know Tom, Smith junior The.
Speaker 13: Third so what happened is Is i'm reading the name Because i'm reading the obituary And i'm a huge. Fan i've been listening ever since back TO Espn Radio. DAVE i listen you guys every, day AND i just never had the nerve to. Call this is only my second. Time BUT i read it and it just came Out junior The, third AND i stopped AND i immediately started to, sweat AND i looked AND i don't really think anybody caught. It and then afterwards at the, LUNCH a guy came up to me and he was, like so you're A Dan patrick, fan AND i, go, yeah how'd you?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah and so we just had.
Speaker 13: A good little, laugh BUT i was very awkward for the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Morning thank, You. Jamie, yeah blame.
Speaker 2: McLevin Robert Griffith junior the third and that was an accident by. McLevin he GOT rg three's last name wrong and then he put In junior the. Third other than, that he nailed.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah it kind of sounds like he, Says Robert.
Speaker 4: Wabbaj the more you listen to, her the more you can pick out something.
Speaker 3: Waback, okay what was better?
Speaker 2: That or when he he doesn't know how to spell relax.
Speaker 5: R E a L x and he slows down on the last two.
Speaker 2: LETTERS i think that's when he realizes that he screwed. Up hey Is Aaron rodgers SAYS R E A L s and then he knows that will be there forever on this. Show all, right we'll take a. Break Peter, schrager on loan FROM Nfl, network joins his.
Speaker 1: Next Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio Dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 14: Live Hey Steve cavino And I'm Rich david and. Together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports.
Speaker 15: Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 14: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 15: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the.
Speaker 14: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to.
Speaker 15: Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something. Right so check us.
Speaker 14: Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 3: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 15: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on.
Speaker 3: Planetar be sure to.
Speaker 14: Check Out covino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covino And rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social, media That's covino And.
Speaker 2: Rich He's Peter, schrager popular co host OF nfl Networks Good Morning, football spent the past week In indianapolis and joining us on the program after a week watching the. Combine is it small hands or short? Arms what's the most important thing to take away from The combine, Here, pete we.
Speaker 16: Don't even know if it's.
Speaker 12: Accurate this, year the big discrepancy was The Senior bowl and The All Star games had guys with one hand.
Speaker 16: Size they showed up with the combine and their hands grew a.
Speaker 12: Foot so hear from a lot of scouts being, LIKE i didn't plan on going all these pro, days BUT i GUESS i have to because there's been major discrepancies in the measurements from just the College All Star games to The. Combine the truth, is it's all about the interviews and it's all about the.
Speaker 16: Medicals these guys got put through the.
Speaker 12: Ringers AND i Interviewed Sean payton yesterday ON Nfl network at The combine and he was, like we didn't even think Bo nicks threw, well we weren't even into Bow nicks at this point last, year so we're just getting. Started, really it's gonna be a lot of investigations on these players moving.
Speaker 16: On this sounds, negative a lot of deep diving.
Speaker 12: On these players over the next few week Ex but this was kind of the first introduction to a lot of these, players to a lot of the.
Speaker 2: Teams but we would it felt like we were trying to make or members in the media or shows were trying to make a big deal that Shud Or sanders wasn't throwing at The. Combine AND i reminded my audience the quarterbacks taken in the first round last year didn't throw at the comp, like it's not necessarily a big. Deal you throw at your pro. Day Cam ward the same. Thing what about those who did throw at the? Combine did anybody stand out for good or bad?
Speaker 16: Reasons, Yeah jackson dart, through, well he.
Speaker 12: Went he's probably gonna be the third quarterback taken last. YEAR i was at the combine And Caleb williams didn't, throw and he didn't do any of the, workouts but he was like the hype man for the, group and he was around and he was, present and everyone THAT i spoke with is, like you See caleb at the. Combine he didn't, throw but, GOSH i love that about.
Speaker 16: Him he's up and. DOWN i was there On saturday on the.
Speaker 12: Field and Cam ward is not throwing or, running but cam is talking all the different, quarterbacks hyping them. Up and then When Xavier, verstreppo his wide, receiver was about to do the wide receivers, drills Cam wart starts throwing in.
Speaker 16: Passes so it's almost like he is warming. Up there's to be It's.
Speaker 12: Shador sanders was electric also on the. Sidelines the truth of the matter is Quinn ewers Through. WELL i, Said Jackson dart Through.
Speaker 16: Well.
Speaker 12: TYLER i can't get his name. Right it's out Of louisville And Texas.
Speaker 16: Tech It's.
Speaker 12: Kyler there's like it's pronounced, wrong scug scug. SCUG i don't know how it's pronounced, Totally and maybe that's Why i'm kind of behind the eight ball on. It but he was a guy who bounced From Texas tech To. Louisville he threw really well and ran the, forty and that was really.
Speaker 16: Well appreciated that he actually ran the.
Speaker 12: FORTY i was, Like i'm gonna go for, it but no, one no one at the quarterback, position solidified their spot or jumped a huge amount based on their combine.
Speaker 3: WORKOUT i Like Jackson dart a.
Speaker 2: LOT i watched probably two full games At Old. Miss you, got you, know a coach who knows how to develop. Quarterbacks you just don't. Know he might be the third. Quarterback as you, SAID i don't know what that third. Means it feels like the difference between the second quarterback and the third quarterback could be beginning of the first round and in the beginning of the second.
Speaker 16: Round, absolutely AND i think that's the.
Speaker 12: GAME i think Cam ward is solidified right now as the number one quarterback in this. Draft AND i have to make sure that everyone hears this and That dion hears. This i'm not saying he's the best quarterback in this. Draft he will be the first quarterback selected in this. Draft and that's how it's looking going Into Pro days and free agency and the. Rest shador is likely To Jackson dart is likely, three and then we don't know where that three. Is is that as early as seven to The jets or is that thirty four to The.
Speaker 16: Giants we don't.
Speaker 12: Know as we do know in the history of the draft quarterbacks and their values go up and up and up until the fact that we have six taken in the first twelve like we did last. Year when heading into to The Pro days and the free agency, stuff Bo nix was looked at as an early second round pick And Michael pennox wasn't considered a top ten. Selection so their values get higher as the free agency and roster development, forms and you see that teams have massive holes at. Quarterback it's the most important position in. Sports if someone doesn't check that, Box jackson Dark stock can go up skyrocketing because the team gets desperate, says, well we need a quarterback and he's a, guy.
Speaker 2: And we do focus in on the, quarterbacks and rightfully. So but sometimes you get these gms who show up at the combine and they're talking about other things than what we're watching on the. Screen this is where deals get. Done you, KNOW i don't know If debo getting traded was something that you, know got done at the. COMBINE i know it was announced at the. Combine it feels Like Aaron rodgers to The giants is a possibility, Here so give us sort of factor fiction here of some of these other ancillary things that are. DANGLING i can't stress this.
Speaker 12: Enough The combine droves go on From thursday To, sunday and it's ON Nfl network and It's Rich eyes and And Dan, jeremiah and that.
Speaker 16: Is the, sizzle that is the. Stake but what's.
Speaker 12: Really going, on and really the importance of The combine is that you've got representatives from all thirty two. Teams even if the head coach didn't show up this, year there are a bunch of forty nine ers people there and there's conversations happening all week because everyone's in the same place at the same. Time this is where deals are. Done and guess, what EVERY nfl agent is there as. Well SO i talked to A gm AND i, said, well what do you think of this? WORK i couldn't really watch the workouse we'll watch the. TAPE i had meetings with agents from seven am to ELEVEN, pm and that's every agent from the biggest agent you could talk To Joel siegel And Drew, rosenhaus or from the smallest agent who has one player who might be an undrafted. Guy they take the meetings there so their dance card is. Full and that's where a lot of these deals are at least discussed and get the, value and you can't make a. Deal but what you could say, is, hey here's what we're. Hearing this is what our player is likely going to be. Getting if you're, interested let us know when the legal tampering deal's. Happening now you add in the fact that there's media members and it's when we get to get our rumors and our. Stuff but, Like i'll say it openly BECAUSE i was publicly with, them but LIKE i had breakfast With Brandon, bean THE gm of The, bills And Joe, shane THE gm of The, Giants and we didn't meet in a suite in A marriotte somewhere and quietly with like the phones plugged. Out we met a breakfast spot called patachew and there was one hundred other people in the media, there and there's one hundred different gms there and everyone sees us all, talking And Eric dacosta's having breakfast over, there And Howie roseman's having breakfast over, there and there this is how it. Is if everyone's, talking we're all getting our, information but we're also trading information and just seeing people we don't see during the.
Speaker 2: Year what do you think happens leading up to the, draft any moves that are.
Speaker 12: MADE i think free agency this year is really interesting because you've got a bunch of these quarterbacks and a little bit of a. Carousel BUT i don't know necessarily the market is there for a Like Sam. Donald if you had told me week seventeen That Sam donald was going to hit free, Agency i'd say there would be a line out the. DOOR i don't Know Sam donald's market right. Now in, fact it went from being you, know no Doubt minnesota has to bring him back those eight days where they had the season finale On sunday night against The lions and then lost on The monday night eight days later to The, Rams LIKE i don't. Know that could have Cost Sam donald millions and millions and millions of, Dollars.
Speaker 16: AND i don't have a team for him right.
Speaker 12: Now where it's gonna, be let's spill over ourselves and Give Sam donald one hundred million dollar contract Once stafford was taken care. OF i Think donald's the next. PIECE i Think rogers is an interesting. PIECE i Think Justin field's is going to have a. Market young quarterback Did will In. PITTSBURGH i Think fields might have multiple teams vying for him to be their number, One and then you have this next tier of like what do we do With.
Speaker 16: Russell, wilson Where's Kirk cousins?
Speaker 12: Going and then it's guys Like Jared stidham And Taylor, heineke like they can play in this. League that's what's next coming out of the combine because we have a lot of teams that are gonna be looking at two quarterbacks Cam ward And Shador sanders up there in the tops Of but, like there's only so many teams that can get those, guys and you've got these other veterans that might be able to fill that hole right now and might give that those coaches and gms a better chance to win than taking a rookie in the top.
Speaker 2: Five talking To Peter, schrager co HOST Nfl Networks Good Morning FOOTBALL nfl On Fox insider as, well If Matthew stafford doesn't go back to The, rams The rams would do WHAT i.
Speaker 16: Think The rogers talk was. REAL i Think rogers was really there's some connections. THERE. A you've got him living In. MALIBU.
Speaker 12: B he and McVeigh have met each other before at events and they have us similar kinship for each other as far as the work that they've. DONE i Think rogers was a very legitimate. Option the other one Was Jimmy, garoppolo, who whether or not you want to believe it or, Not sean, McVay you'll have him on the, show you can ask, him has a great fondness For Jimmy. Garoppolo garoppolo showed a lot this. Year in a Meaningless week eighteen game against The, Seahawks garoppolo was dialed in with backups and Gave seattle everything they can, handle and that went along With, way so.
Speaker 16: They were they held the leverage in that.
Speaker 12: Situation they would love to Have stafford, back but at the end of the, day they felt comfortable that if they had to move on and the numbers didn't make sense And stafford really wanted out to go explore what he was worth on the open, market they were going to be.
Speaker 16: Okay and in the end of the, day cooler heads.
Speaker 12: Prevailed AND i wouldn't be so bold to speak on mcveigh's, behalf especially when he's a guest on your show coming up later.
Speaker 2: Today IF i gave The bears a do, over would they still have Taken Caleb.
Speaker 3: Williams, yes, okay.
Speaker 12: Yes they were so convicted last year they didn't meet with any other quarterbacks like they were in on this. Thing AND i think they think that they Failed caleb in year one with a lot of different, ways and they have done everything in their power to surround him with the right coaching staff and organizational moves that he should have great success in year.
Speaker 3: Two what's Brock perty gonna get good?
Speaker 16: Money good?
Speaker 3: Money it is great, MONEY i think good.
Speaker 16: MONEY i don't know if he's going to break the.
Speaker 12: Market his, Agent kyle Strong and was around during indeed making the. Rounds and this is not like it's a machine where IT'S cia or IT'S wm or It's rose and how this is an agent that like Brock purty is his, guy and he had him when he's coming out Of Iowa, state and Brock perty's been loyal to. HIM i think they are rational thinkers though in this, thing they're gonna get pretty top starting quarterback. Money BUT i don't know If perty's going to blow out the market in a. Way wee we're talking, like oh that's the new, standard so it's got to be this sweet. Spot but you, Know San francisco went all in last, year didn't, win And Ebo samuel's. Gone there's gonna be a lot of different moves For San francisco cutting. Salaries they know they've got to Pay Rock party and that's a priority for.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah you, know we talk about window of opportunity all the. Time you know that The niners window of. Opportunity it feels like the window of opportunity is closed when you look at The, eagles you look at The. Lions The niners were that. Team now all of a, sudden you, Know trent william once he got another, year and McCaffrey even play? Anymore are you probably gonna be? Gone your best receiver might be a guy who got shot last. Year so you know the window OF i always say win, now like whatever it, takes win. Now If I'm, detroit all in On Miles, garrett If I'm, washington all in On miles, like win, now none of. This, hey we're set up for the. Future we see what happens with that win win, Now.
Speaker 12: Well win now covers up a lot of. Potential hey wait a, second what was?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 16: Like people forget The.
Speaker 12: Niners In lynch And shanahan's first draft Took Solomon thomas number you know three or all Over mahomes and you know whoever, else and then they Took Ruben foster and to, like we don't talk, About, wow they really missed on that draft of the third overall pick that Took Solomon. Thomas they they traded three first round picks For Trey, Lance, like we don't talk about.
Speaker 16: That we talk about the wins and the success and.
Speaker 12: The ability to Find Brock party and to Find George kittle and to get all these moves to Get christian McCaffrey. THERE i have no doubt they don't regret going all in and paying I uk his money last year and paying debo because they were three points away from a Super bowl and if they don't receive the, kickoff who knows what happens in that Super bowl where that's an organization And Jed york since he took over the organization has knocked on the door so many times for That lombardi that they were going all in last, year it just fell apart in historic fashion and they didn't even make the. Playoffs they're going to feel it this, year they, Will But Brock, perdy it's not on. HIM i think he actually played really well and they respect the fact that he stood in the, pocket he took the, hits and he had a good season last year despite a lot of shortcomings for that, team.
Speaker 3: The tush push came back to. Life as far as let's outlaw.
Speaker 2: It it felt like that was the topic of conversation or one of the big topics. There it's cooled off a little, bit it feels, like BUT i don't know if it's cold off enough that we, go.
Speaker 3: Let's table this until next.
Speaker 2: Year BUT i don't, know like, what what's your general consensus of where are we headed with any changes to this.
Speaker 12: PLAY i think behind closed doors people don't like, it and away from the, microphone people think it's it's not a pretty. Play it's you know that you saw the health and safety data came out that there's been zero injuries from the. Tushbush so a lot of that is a lot of window. Dressing they're, like, oh it's not a safe. PLAY i just think people. Don't it's like kind of gross to watch. It it's not. Fun it's, like all, right here we. Go it's a formality almost like the extra point that said there's this, masculinity and there's this machesemo amongst THE nfl where if you're out there And Marhee morris was out, There he's, LIKE i don't like, it and people were.
Speaker 16: Like, oh, well if you don't like, it then you got to stop.
Speaker 12: It there's this there's this like oh, Testosterone philip thing where you, know The eagles do it and you're not gonna take it. AWAY i can't imagine they remove. It the injury data is not. There it is a play of skill in a lot of. Ways and the fact That Jason kelce Retired Cam jurgen's buil in and they were able to execute it at the way they did it does feel like you're penalizing The eagles if you're getting rid of.
Speaker 16: It but from an.
Speaker 12: Aesthetics, standpoint call me an, artist if you, will or a poet or someone who's, into you, know the beauty of the. GAME i don't like watching. IT i don't think a lot of people like watching. It but it is a certain play and it hasn't been. Stopped and one team excels that it you can't get rid of it based on, that you got to get rid of, it based On, hey there's players getting hurt at a higher, rate and that's just not the case right.
Speaker 2: NOW i still think that they would be extremely successful with just a quarterback. Sneak you took away the lineman Behind Jalen. Hurts given his ability to do he's. Unique this is really he does. Something you, know when you're gonna squat five hundred or six hundred pounds, whatever, like he has an advantage THAT i think that they would still be very. Successful you, KNOW Jj watt joined us last week and he, said, look the play's. Unstoppable so, here three Time Defensive player of The year said you can't stop.
Speaker 3: It, SO i mean we had.
Speaker 12: Fun we had fun With Frankie luvu from The commanders jumping over three times hocularly being.
Speaker 16: Like we're gonna do.
Speaker 12: It that's not that's not that's, look that's not What John facenda wanted to.
Speaker 16: Be you, know do AN nfl films highlights. OVER i promise you that.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to. YOU i know you had a busy. Week thanks for making some. Time you're the.
Speaker 16: Best you.
Speaker 12: Know they pushed our show From Good Morning football back a little bit AND i haven't been able to come on all.
Speaker 16: Season it's a thrill for me to be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Today, okay we're going to be At lambeau for the. Draft, yeah we would love to be able to uh.
Speaker 9: See you up.
Speaker 3: THERE i, MEAN i know you'll be. Important we're just a little.
Speaker 16: Show WHEN i wear a suit and, Tie i'm a different guy, here. CASUAL i love being with.
Speaker 3: You, Okay so if you have a suit and tie, on do not approach.
Speaker 2: You, okay fair, Enough thank, You, Peter Thanks. Peter, yeah it was the same way At Sports. Center IF i have a suit and tie, on don't bother, me don't make eye. CONTACT i got work to, do, Uh peter schreger nfound that when we come, BACK i got.
Speaker 4: NO i was told WHEN i got THE, espn don't dance in a. Suit don't make that. CONTENT i put on that suit at the very very very very last minute of my.
Speaker 8: Day.
Speaker 2: YEAH i never wanted to have. It and THEN i had like warm up pants, on whatever it. IS i didn't want to put on that damn suit and. Tie, Yeah, pully.
Speaker 5: It was funny because you do radio with us and you'd be pretty. Casual we'd all be pretty. Casual then you'd run over to do the six O'clock Sports, center and you sometimes had to come back and record something or grab some, notes and you had THE ifb in and the script in your hand and the full suit and.
Speaker 2: Tie, Yeah i'm, Done i'm.
Speaker 3: Done we were.
Speaker 2: Leaving i'm done wearing, Makeup, well maybe not, makeup But i'm done wearing a suit and. Tie all, Right we'll take a, break our best and worst of the. Weekend after, this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wap we were just talking About Juju, watkins who to me is going to be an all time great. Player she can't go to THE wnba if she wants, to you, know with the men's with men's, basketball you can go after your freshman. Year THE wnba restricts players in The United states from going into the draft either before the year they turn twenty two or graduate. Early watkins turns twenty On july, fifteenth so she won't be eligible to be drafted until twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven but might be great for her to establish a.
Speaker 2: Brand you're In Los angeles at usc and you're going to be the face of the. Sport Haidalgo At Notre dame is a sophomore as. Well she's a whole lot of. Fun she's only five to. Five you watch. Her she's a. Handful But Juju watkins could turn out to be one of the all. Time And i'm talking about not just, college But i'm talking about THE wnba as. Well All, right we'll do best and worst of the. Weekend let me get To kyle In. Pennsylvania, Hi, kyle what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: TODAY i was just calling. IN i had a couple of, Things. MARV i want to thank you for reaching out and trying to find out that information for me regarding small. Hands and the second thing IS i had a comp for you guys For Adrian. Brody it Was Rajon rondo winning in eight with The celtics and then not winning again until twenty twenty with The.
Speaker 2: Lakers, oh, Okay Adrian Brody Rajon rondo. Comp of. Course Adrian brody won in what two thousand and, two two thousand and three for the pianist and then he won last night for the. BRUTALIST i think anytime there's an ist at the, end that's when you got to watch out For Adrian.
Speaker 3: Brody thank You, Ton thank You.
Speaker 2: Ton paully came up with the great comp of McCauley caukin Is Bobby, Hurley karen Is Danny.
Speaker 3: Hurley try that.
Speaker 2: Emphasized, yeah it's like Mcaulay hawkin And Bobby hurley had a lot of success a long time, ago and then their brothers come along in their, shadow get out of their, shadow and create their own. Shadow Kieren colkin wins for A Real, pain WHICH i did really like the. MOVIE i thought it was well. Done emilio BARREZ i did not like it, all Although Zoe seldono did win The Best Supporting, actress not surprised, there AND i Liked nora And Mikey madison who won The Best.
Speaker 3: ACTRESS i thought she was.
Speaker 2: Spectacular and really the, movie you can tell it it's you, know it's an indie.
Speaker 3: Film it's a low. BUDGET i don't know how they pulled it.
Speaker 2: OFF i think it was they shot it for five million dollars maybe, less and there's no big names in. It but all of a sudden you're watching and you're, going all, right this is, interesting and then it gets at a pace where you're, like, Damn Slow down.
Speaker 3: Movie, YEAH pauli pie to the.
Speaker 5: Face bet this is long. Term in the next, Decade Macaulay culkin wins An oscar for Either Best actor Or Best Supporting.
Speaker 3: Actor i'll take that.
Speaker 2: Bet, yeah, Yeah i'll take, that all.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah see you back here in.
Speaker 6: Ten, Okay i'll take it, also all.
Speaker 2: Right by the, way you And fritzie still owe me. Pies you Owe america, Pies american. Pie we need to do this when the weather gets. Warm, okay what's the temperature that it needs to be before you can take a pie to the. Face i'm gonna go forty nine and a.
Speaker 3: Half forty nine and a half Degrees, TODD i.
Speaker 16: Was gonna say fifty nine and a, half but then we'd have to wait a little.
Speaker 3: While that's a little while long longer than we need.
Speaker 2: To we'll check in With Kevin, Frasier Michelle, turner the co Host Entertainment, Tonight top of The, hour And sean McVay Next.
Speaker 6: Hour, Yes, mark forty nine and a half degrees.
Speaker 3: Fahrenheit, yeah come, on little brit don't be.
Speaker 6: Afraid Oh i'm not. Afraid i'm just. SOFT i don't really do the cold weather with pies and.
Speaker 3: Face let's see todd best and worst of the.
Speaker 8: Weekend best of the Weekend warriors Sixers saturday, night featuring a rare junk By Steph curry With Allen iverson looking.
Speaker 9: On that was.
Speaker 3: Cool Also Quentin grimes.
Speaker 8: Of philly forty four, points six, boards three steals in a home win Over Golden. State that was.
Speaker 6: Fun worst of the weekend, though.
Speaker 8: After a home Lost saturday To Texas tech in a poor Performance kansas Is Zeke mail target of racist comments and threats of violence on social. Media can we stop the nonsense? Already, sorry your team didn't, win maybe you lost a, bet but enough of that garbage.
Speaker 3: Man seat and best and.
Speaker 4: Worst my best of the Weekend michigan got punched in the face By illinois and lost by.
Speaker 3: Twenty that was. GREAT i loved seeing.
Speaker 4: That my worst of the. WEEKEND i watched a lot of The combine this, weekend and for most of the forty yard, dashes they're, Like, wow this isn't really that important because we know this guy could, fly we know this guy whatever this.
Speaker 2: And that but you.
Speaker 4: Want but for some people it is super, important like As johnson From. Oregon they basically set up his whole performance by being, like look this, dude he's like five nine or something like. That he's pretty, small but they're, like he's here because he's super, fast and that's really the main reason that people are looking at. Him and he unfortunately ran to not great forties that he came up far short of what not only was expected of, him but what everybody knows he could. Do so hopefully that doesn't cost him too much and people still look at, him but there's a lot of hype, around, like let's see he might is he gotta get four to two sub four?
Speaker 3: Two ooh maybe? Not marvin.
Speaker 6: Best of the weekend The celtics losing a twenty two point. LEAD i only say the best because they were talking a whole bunch of junk after going up by twenty, two saying get The cavaliers out of, here and The cavaliers they handle business at the. End my worst at the Weekend John cena turning heel in the second biggest heel turn in the Elimination. Champer BUT i only streamed On peacock right After Hulk. Hogan this is the worst or the second biggest he'll.
Speaker 2: Turn, EVER i like that you know these sports websites are carrying this as if it's THE Nba finals or The Super. Bowl John cena turned heel and why Was Travis scott? There, Yes marvin.
Speaker 6: And he'll turn means you went from a good guy to a bad.
Speaker 3: Guy thank, you.
Speaker 6: So babyfaces good. Guys heels are bad.
Speaker 3: Guys final hour on the way