Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Matthew was on the phone today for a first a follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Selena. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another day. But first, Matthew, how long has it been since you heard from Selena?
Speaker 3: About a week?
Speaker 2: Okay? Have you been hitting her up to try to get a hold of her.
Speaker 3: I'm to ask her what day was agoing about ego, She's so busy. I kind of checked it after that one more time for she had some availability coming up, I responded, And I'm not gonna like keep paying on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can get creepy real quick with that.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to do that.
Speaker 1: Crush your soul the more times you don't get Yeah, okay, well, how is the date though? Must have been great if you want to get a hold of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I thought it went great. We might at work I work in the IK department, or I did Selena as in the kind executive I helped probably some computer issues at work. We had some chemistry. I felt like pretty obvious right from the get go. I worked up in nerve to ask her out. She said like she was into it. She told me she liked lemons on Martini's, so I know it's a perfect spot. It's a really cool spot. I got told Hollywood vibe, which I always always liked a lot. We had some drinks. I did not have a lemon drop. I hadn't dry Martini, but but she had some some kind of big well and everything. We talked about dreams features stuff like that, kind of in a lighthearted way. I mean it felt really good and I was I was really slightly had a pretty intensive makeout session in the dark corner we were. I mean it felt like you know, kids in school. I mean a lot of that kind of giggly energy and sat me have the date split up. That was pretty much it. I thought it looked really good. I a little bit to get hold of it. I would like to understand, you know, about to kind of honestly how to cuss on it for a while. So when it broke up that she you know, doesn't seem to be willing to respond at least.
Speaker 2: Anything happened on the date that you think could be a reason she's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: I mean, the only thing I can think of is I actually did just get let go from the job that we worked together. So she said at the end of the state, you know, see it work, and I had to be like, I don't even want to be the salon. So I told her that I actually, you know, wasn't working there anymore. So I kind of thought would actually be a good thing because it removes the possibility of like, you know, the office politics and that sort of thing, takes the pressure off of that. That's only the only thing I could think of that might have gone wrong with it, unless I has just totally misread, you know, the signals, and I guess, which is always a possibility. But that's only one thing I can think of, is it I got let go?
Speaker 1: Does she feel like kind of a shallow person that would be like, I am not dating a guy who's unemployed.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe, don't. I didn't get that buy from her at all. I mean, she seemed pretty down to earth and like, you know, I mean that strikes me as just being kind of sort of sighted, and so she didn't striking that way at all. But I mean, I guess it's a possibility.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you guys kiss and stuff at the end they made out in the dark?
Speaker 3: We were making out, but you were making out, you know, we made out the bar at the very ample. I said that, no, but yeah, maybe that was a warning sign or some sort. But did you guys like finalists good vibe? We definitely talked about seeing to other account the owner in the day. Yeah, I mean that was on the table for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song, come back and call her in social tell so why she's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date. Okay, okay, so good, all right, cool, play a song, come back, and get your first a follow up next if you're just joining us for today's first day follow up. Matthew is on the phone and he's getting hosted by Selena. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Matthew, why don't you refresh our memory on your date with Selena?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so I thought it went really well we had some chemistry from when we worked together. The day was great, good drinks, good vibe. We've made out. It seemed like there was some definite intensity. I thought things were going great. We started talking about next time, next meetings, next dates, And the one thing I could think of that went wrong is at the end, I had to tell her that I was no longer with the company that we worked at together, and that that's one of my guests as to why she's decided a ghost. That's just a guest, though.
Speaker 2: All Right, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Sure, I'd love to. I'd love to have another shot.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi'm asking to Selena. Please.
Speaker 3: This is Selena.
Speaker 2: Hey Selena, how are you? My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. Yeah, hi, Selena, the whole show's here. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Hi, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 2: You listen to the show.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan. This is exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet, thank you? Well, do you have any idea while we're calling you?
Speaker 3: I'm a little bit scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the first date follow up. So you went on a date with somebody recently and have been ghosting them and they emailed us. Do you know who would email us about you?
Speaker 4: I have a.
Speaker 3: Pretty good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to take a shot at it?
Speaker 4: Is it Matthew?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Matthew. You are correct. Matthews told us he really liked you told us about your date. But he says, you've been ghosting for over a week now. What happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man, I feel bad, sing Matthew because he told me that he wants to live in a treehouse. Yeah, like for his real house, I think, And like he he told me we worked. I don't know if he told you, but we worked at the same company and he told me that, like towards the end of the day, I said, like, oh, see you at work, and he told me that he had lost his job there, which was fine, like that that's a that's yeah. I felt really bad for him that that happened.
Speaker 3: But he just had like he said, he has no.
Speaker 4: Plan, and he was like, you know, I'm sure everything's everything's going to be fine, and I living in a treehouse sounds perfect, And like he he did that he wanted to live in like one of the fancy want like the glamping kind of situation treehouses. But at the same time, I feel like, I mean, I definitely am not interested in living in a treehouse, and I'm looking for like a serious partner. And like, at first I thought he was joking, because you know, I mean, that's like a funny thing to but then he like actually went into this whole thing about his friend and how his friend lives in a treehouse and how his friend like has saved him so much money and he has like no more like drama, and you know, he's like a volunteer at different schools and he's playing music and like that's all well and good for like a you know, like a burning man type.
Speaker 2: Like to me, I'm kind of interested, but I don't think that feels stressful. And when it comes to like a relationship, though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, what where am I going to plug in my glow dirt?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Do they have like fancy treehouses?
Speaker 1: I mean it does sound kind of at least like anyone that you could can you live in them?
Speaker 2: Do you run power to a treehouse? For sure? Really you could look.
Speaker 4: In a treehouse, but like you can't have like kids, you know, what I mean. I'm like long term, I'm like, this is going nowhere.
Speaker 2: So like you have like a you know, yeah, you probably can. I'm pretty sure there are treehouses that have showers and stuff. Actually there are. I think you could.
Speaker 1: Build like technically a real house in the tree.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know how big of a house he's trying to build in the tree, right, but you know that could Well that's a good point though.
Speaker 1: If you're starting to really fast forward kids, you imagine your kids running around in a treehouse.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I have to build some kind of like what do you call it, hammock net underneath of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you for being honest with us. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you remember or not, Selena, but during these first day follow ups, the person that emailed us is on the phone. So Matthew has been listening this whole time and is on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he told were cool and the things I remember you saying that you always were on the spend the night and one, so it would be like yeah like that, yeah, like.
Speaker 4: For for vacation, I'm like, I'm not gonna want to live in a treehouse. Matthew, like, I want to like st a venture in a treehouse, and then I want like to go back to reality, like go back to my life.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not like urge you to live in a treehouse planning to one to have one. It was just sort of a there's something we could do. I don't know, it was just something talk.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a good sign though, Matthew. She really like fast forward to see the future with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Guess I just mean like so, I mean it's like beyond the I'm just like you have no plan, Like I'm just like living in a treehouse with no plan. It's just like me, I was like, oh, big red flag.
Speaker 3: Well so that I don't have a plan. I just have as means to take some time and figure out what I'm going to do next. I don't really actually have to work. I just do it because I like it. So if I'm not feeling it, I don't. But there's the same thing as I'm not having a plan.
Speaker 4: Are you Like what do you mean, like, are you like a secret billionaire or something like you don't have to work?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not a billionaire. But I have some money. I'm independently well.
Speaker 2: People to say, oh, so it would probably be a very nice treehouse day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta say for me, are not like what Grandpa made in the backyard when a kid. I'm talking about like a house's in a tree, okay, with plumbing and showers and you know, you could put in your phone charger for sure. But I mean if you don't want that, that's that's fine. I don't know exactly what the next maybe year that has more in terms of plans, but I mean, all I know is I definitely would like to have the opportunity to spend more time explaining.
Speaker 2: Selena, would you like to go out with Matthew again? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 4: I mean, so you would be willing to like live in a house house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we could. I would be willing to live in a house with not a tree in sight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you got enough money to cut them down.
Speaker 1: It sounds like yeah, I mean sounds like you guys really like each other.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of negotiating happening here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, that's a sticking point that can be, that can be, that's that's negotiable.
Speaker 2: What do you think Selena one more shot, Slen, he's rich, Nina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would be willing to give it another shot.
Speaker 3: I think I had a different.
Speaker 4: Understanding what you.
Speaker 2: Okay, congratulations Matthew, you got another date.
Speaker 3: He Selene, I'm so glad that you're wanting to give another shot. You can appreciate why I wouldn't like lead with money just off the top, but yeah, I sew for fun, so I'm going to another shot. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Money got her back in though. Jule's first date follow up