Speaker 1: Novel.
Speaker 2: This show contains adult material, references to drugs and swearing.
Speaker 3: You have been warned.
Speaker 4: I hate sounds like tossing you off, and they like put it all the way back, and you're like, okay, like let's be a little more gentle please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Like it's not it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not a gender reveal.
Speaker 5: Around me. I'm a savage.
Speaker 3: Are you bored of modern dating?
Speaker 2: Meeting the same people from the same apps in the same bar You've only chosen because it's close to your house and you can make your usual quick getaway. It's time to change the narrative on how we find love. It's time to start looking for love in all the wrong places. I'm going on a wild dating adventure, only picking people who.
Speaker 3: Are the total opposite of my type.
Speaker 2: And after twenty eight of these dates in two months, will I find that special someone or well, this experiment proved that I should just give up on dating altogether.
Speaker 3: It's time to find out.
Speaker 2: I'm Grace Campbell and this is twenty eight dates later.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start this Hi down by the way, oh hi, for you'd never.
Speaker 2: Say that, So I'm going to start this conversation in a different way because the date that I went on this week was with two people, okay, two men, two men who were trying to have a reason with me right now, you know this world. But I've never had a reason, but you you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we nearly fell out. We really did have a reason that you do you want to talk about it or should I talk about.
Speaker 1: I think we can both talk about it. Okay, Well I know that you could say I'm.
Speaker 3: Seeing a guy.
Speaker 2: I was seeing a guy, right and I let it go on for way too long, and because the dig was good. Yeah, and also we weren't really seeing each other. He was just like fucking me around and I really liked him. And then we were all at a festival, Dan included, and at the festival he was like really shipped me and was like I don't want We're not getting with each other anymore. And then he was getting with this girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was just kind of like a booky festival girl.
Speaker 6: She We called her Starfish, that's what we called her.
Speaker 2: We just called her starffish because she looked like she like probably had a starfish.
Speaker 6: Tattoo, that's what she looked like.
Speaker 2: And she was always had her tits out like she was always topless, great body, had a great body. Then what happened was because Dan kept being like, oh my god, I really fancy him, and I was like, well he's a cunt, so shut up. And then the last morning of the festival, me and my friend Tara packing up our tech and Dan pops his fucking head out of the tent.
Speaker 3: And tiny little head goes grace. You never gets who I had a threason with last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, The thing is right, I don't agree with there's absolute bullying, this like pleasant bullying.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you can't. You can't. The thing is, I don't actually care.
Speaker 2: I didn't really even I didn't. But it's funny because I feel like that's the kind of thing that, like I would if it was like my actual ex boyfriend fall out with someone about But it wasn't my ex boyfriend.
Speaker 6: It was just some guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's given.
Speaker 3: Did you have a threason with Starfish?
Speaker 1: But I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I don't think the girl was the thing is.
Speaker 4: That this story is giving holleagues omnibus. But I truly didn't actually know.
Speaker 3: You do care.
Speaker 1: Everyone stops screaming, We're all screaming. I feel like it's a witch home you.
Speaker 2: Did, he had a perfect.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the thing is right is that I didn't quite know the depth of the past that you had. Like I get this kind of like a bit camp like he was he's like a bisexual boy, so I was like that combination is very hot to me.
Speaker 1: And he's like quite like overtly he's got sexual energy. Yeah. Yeah, but I was like a bit like serial killar vibes. Yeah, I think they've seen me do comedy or something, because.
Speaker 4: I feel like they were like, yes, they were like when I go back to that ten, I was kind of too fucked. Let's say, so things weren't necessarily anatomically working now, but I basically go back to this tent and he's got like a blow up double bed in his tent. We end up like doing things and he wants to do some drugs off of her breast and I'm like, no, Like my boocket list is to like do some drugs off a penis.
Speaker 1: So then I do that and.
Speaker 2: Sorry, let's just pause round of applause for the legend in the room right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, don't get on your feet. Everyone sits down, so embarrassing and he is a raither.
Speaker 4: And by drugs, I mean in case the Pope are listening, in case the authorities.
Speaker 6: Of the horse horse medication.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was a horse. I was giving a war horse. Two I was giving I was giving Joey the horse. Okay, yeah, and let me get to it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm trying to tell the story. I'm trying to weave a taiale. Anyway.
Speaker 4: So we're like we're like doing bits, and I'm way more into him, Like I like, I still like enjoy the female body and like have sexual experiences with girls or like people with a.
Speaker 1: Female body, but like I'm more into him.
Speaker 4: But then at one point I realized that, like it's not great in these people more balanced, So like I go down on her and then she orgasms and they're both like, wow, you're really good at that, and I'm like, thank you. Spent eighteen years in the closet. I had to learn something as I was groomed to be straight. And then I'm like, okay, well I've given her something, so I'm not going to give him more attention now. And then at one point she's like, I feel like you're just here for him, and I was like, well, firstly, I am gay. Secondly I made you come with my mouth like what's happening? But then what happens is like he kind of like passes out and it's just me and her in the tent, and then like he comes and it's like show we keep going, and I'm like, actually, this is the most.
Speaker 1: Horrible vibe on an infla in a tent, And I think.
Speaker 2: I think I think the other reason why I wasn't that upset is because it sounded so horrificial.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it wasn't hard.
Speaker 4: We were in a fucking tent, yeah you and truly like like my penis was giving flubber like I really wasn't giving Robert Williams.
Speaker 1: Flubber Like it was kind of hot. But then also just like this.
Speaker 6: Isn't no, it doesn't sound hard.
Speaker 4: And also maybe like I have a fear of being like alone in a crowd, do you what I mean, Like don't want to lose to friends at a festival and you're like, oh god, I'm like on my own, but everyone's around. When you're having a threesome, there's a time where you're just like on the sidelines watching.
Speaker 3: And that's why I haven't had a threesome. Obviously.
Speaker 2: If I wanted to have a threesome, I would have a threesome right now, like we could have one the three of us, three of us. But it's because I need the circumstances of it to be so right and actually coming onto the date.
Speaker 6: The two guys that I went.
Speaker 2: On a date with right actually would have been perfect for you to have a threesome with is They just were obsessed with me. They were a bit younger than me. Basically I matched with one of them. And then he said, I really want my friend to come on this date because I think that it's a thing that they've done before where they've gone on a date like together basically, And I was nervous about it before because I was like, what's the vibe going to be? But they were really fun. This was one of my favorite dates by a mile. Like this was fucking jokes. They were mental, like they got so fucked on the day and I think I'd driven there so I could only legally have one dream. So they were just like doing shots upon shots, like honestly, like.
Speaker 6: They were going out for cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Like it was like it was fun like they were so funny, Like we were just laughing the whole time.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 1: Like six?
Speaker 3: You vibe much older than that.
Speaker 7: You just don't have.
Speaker 4: Older women quite fun usually because you know they want a bit more how digital.
Speaker 1: Things like thirties fine normally.
Speaker 3: Because I'm I don't fall into the older woman I was about to.
Speaker 1: I mean I pushed like maybe forty five.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to press with my mom's friends.
Speaker 7: And it's a slow daring right now, you know, because I think she's trying to build the trust.
Speaker 1: And she's like, Yo, we can't tell your mom. You can't tell anyone that I'm seeing you have visit London and stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: She's like, she's like forty four. Forty four, But she looked good.
Speaker 5: She looked good. She look good, you know, with her mad.
Speaker 7: So this is the thing, right, So, like she stayed, it's a pretty slow process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like in one of your parents.
Speaker 7: Right, It's not something that I've done many a time.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love it, baby, It's getting poor.
Speaker 3: I love him. But also he was saying like the story was mad.
Speaker 2: He was saying that like she's like come to London, and like stayed at his house and stayed in the bed with him, and there's obviously a sexual vibe, but like they're obviously like nervous to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was hot.
Speaker 4: There was a girl that I used to know and she broke off her boyfriend and then her mom started seeing her boyfriend. Yeah, bitch, And her mom was gorgeous and the boyfriend was fair. And that same boyfriend came on to me one time in the toilet.
Speaker 2: God, I think the thing is Yeah, like I imagine when I'm older, if I'm single, I will happily be getting with men in their twenties. Like I really, like don't see a huge problem with it at all, but like it's just more awkward because his mum has no idea this is going on.
Speaker 4: My only issue is that, like he's saying that an older woman is someone in their thirties.
Speaker 1: I'm about to turn thirties. I mean I'm now an older woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does go to twenty five year olds. I'm a mile Yeah to twenty five year olds, you are.
Speaker 3: I felt like a mile from his day.
Speaker 2: I was three years older than them, but I was like I felt like, oh, I can't explain it. I felt like they were obsessed me because I was older than that.
Speaker 1: Well, they're quite boyish and quite like they were like.
Speaker 3: So immature, it was really cute.
Speaker 4: Is there any one of your friends, dads or parents that you would ever like fantasize about or like that you would have like got with, because I'm trying to think if there's any one of.
Speaker 1: My friends like parents.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not my mom's mates or something on my dad's My dad's got one fit friend. But like, nah, I mean your dad tried took my dick once, but that was I said, no.
Speaker 6: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean my dad has like famous friends that I would go with, but like they're not his age.
Speaker 4: Your dad was gonna kill and like he lifted it open to his cock and I was like, oh my god, this is so bad.
Speaker 3: You're a fucking creep.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's not trying to fucking sexualize my poor sixty six year old dad.
Speaker 3: Listen, he's an old man.
Speaker 4: All I want from life is to have the power of like a stepmom and porn, do you know what I mean? Like I want to be like powerful. They're like, oh, you remind me so much of your dad. I just want to be your step mom.
Speaker 2: Anyway, moving back to my boyfriends, Actually I was having a great time like that.
Speaker 6: Can I just describe like what they look like?
Speaker 2: So like they both look like they're in like a seventies movie, do you know what I mean, the seventies Porno. They kind of both look like they both got mustaches. They were very like well dressed in like a kind of like funky way.
Speaker 4: I think about me, It's like I look like a lot of all the women's first boyfriends from like the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 3: And that's really funny. That's that's kind of true. Yeah, I remember are Nosalagia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like everyone knows nossalgia. That's why you're remaking movies.
Speaker 3: Do you get told you look like you should just say a pasta?
Speaker 2: Like the past I always say, Yeah, is.
Speaker 4: Like a joke, Like it's even like sometimes I'm like what, I've got nothing else to get?
Speaker 1: I mean hot, No.
Speaker 2: I love them now I'm thinking I should have had the three of them.
Speaker 1: But maybe you still can. I know, I feel like it's very on the cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely could be. Yeah, I feel like they would absolutely love it. They were like really performing for me.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think like in terms of my aesthetic, like what no starge i'd give to someone Shakespearean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea yeah.
Speaker 4: People look at me and they're like, you remind me my gcsem to do.
Speaker 1: A lot of the guy that comes in to the school being.
Speaker 4: They're like, you know, the bar was like Eminem drop some bars to be or not to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're you're also you could be like naughties like I'm tending to hate about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you like best friend's wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, bit before then is what I'm talking about. I'm talking about like just a bit before then, do you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? Late nineties early naughties.
Speaker 4: Wherea I feel like you're giving like nostalgia of like any of your food, or like washer woman wash, like washer woman by the river, like washing, like the closing the river.
Speaker 1: Like it's giving, like it's giving like kinder try Spot, it's giving.
Speaker 4: Like World War two, it's going to like having Russia, you're giving like Russian chic.
Speaker 6: Washer woman has fucking killing me. I've never been going to for in my life. I love it because I'm wearing a bandana.
Speaker 1: Was a close stink like river.
Speaker 6: Shut up?
Speaker 2: He did stand up that one. He'd just done his first gig the night before. It was really cute stand.
Speaker 3: Up, shut up? Oh my god, how was it?
Speaker 1: Actually that's mad.
Speaker 2: You haven't said that? Okay, so how poetic. First gig last night and now you're drinking.
Speaker 4: Me like like I have to like I have a drunk, so like I have to call on for many all the time.
Speaker 3: Did you tell them you would stand up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I was like, I'm good this podcasts? Like, how was he jumped from that that? I was like, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Happened one day?
Speaker 1: I hate that?
Speaker 3: Oh why that's not nice.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like there's there's enough, there's too many comedians.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like everybody should try, like.
Speaker 6: Every I respect it.
Speaker 4: It's that same conversation you get when people go, I'm like kind of the funny one in the office, so like I think maybe I should do.
Speaker 1: Like a little stand up like five, and I'm like to know.
Speaker 2: What, No, but that that's annoying. But I actually felt he was like genuinely funny. I remember him saying that he was banned from Hinge and he was so upset about it that he'd written them an email to try.
Speaker 3: And get unbanned from him, and he read me out.
Speaker 1: The email is like, is like, can I please? You're killing my love life? Please? Can I be reinstated? No worries? If not, no.
Speaker 6: I think it was even weirder than that.
Speaker 3: The subject is Hinge Appeal submission.
Speaker 2: Please describe the nature of your pills, specifically why you believe your account.
Speaker 3: Did not follow This is them to you.
Speaker 1: Afterwards.
Speaker 2: Oh and you said, I have no idea why my account has been removed.
Speaker 3: I'm just a sad weep pup in the.
Speaker 2: Big Cea looking for love and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's all is ever been.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if that's a problem, but I don't think it is. Come on, please don't do this.
Speaker 3: Hinge is all that I know. You just wand with it. She gave you fifty bounds.
Speaker 1: I wonder how you get banned from him.
Speaker 3: You can get banned from Hinge like quite easily.
Speaker 2: You can get band from Hinges if you promote yourself in any way, like if you promote your work and any way, you can get banned from Hinge.
Speaker 3: I know someone that got banned for promoting Edinburgh.
Speaker 1: Show Love Wait I once promote a show on Grinder.
Speaker 4: I was like, we were touring Australia and we're doing a show in Canberra and we were like we'd get some gaze in. So I made a profile of Grinder and was like, come and.
Speaker 3: Get your sp Yeah you didn't get banned.
Speaker 1: No, it's got loads of dig pics.
Speaker 6: They kept saying the word box, which I've never heard before.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Whoa what? Too much? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: From the vagina? Really never had box is the best word for it?
Speaker 3: Could you give me an example where you like put in okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, universe, your box is lovely or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, don't you think you should like do more like you know, like I want to unpack your box.
Speaker 4: I used to like do a lot of teaching assistant in like STM schools, and you'd always do this thing where it's like what's in the box?
Speaker 1: What's in the box? You don't pull out these like sensory toys. Kind of makes me think of that I'm dead.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't get it as a reference to vagina because it's just so inaccurate.
Speaker 1: But it's not a sexy word even more.
Speaker 2: No, but I also found like it funny because they're just obviously like so dumb.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite word for like a genital.
Speaker 6: A genital?
Speaker 3: I not what you just said, thank you very much, a genital.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna what's your favor word for a little jenny?
Speaker 2: Jenny t well, for a vagina or both, like like I just like the word dick.
Speaker 6: That's it, like it's simple.
Speaker 3: And then I don't know about what I like.
Speaker 1: For a vagina.
Speaker 3: I hate when people call it a pussy.
Speaker 1: I hate I hate people call it a pussy. People also gave me what sometimes be like come in.
Speaker 4: My pussy, like as if we're like I always go like I took being turned on.
Speaker 1: I'm like my basement's flooded. Be careful the cats down there.
Speaker 4: But like I am, I like when you're like a kid as well, like my sisters to call it like a lulu or like a l la or something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, well that new now, Like I mean, it's just ridiculous though, because it's like people being like, don't call it a vaginas a.
Speaker 1: Vagina, Yeah, it's a cunt.
Speaker 3: I love count yeah, like yeah, but I just love the word con Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I like the more like a brazi of like cock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I also of like how the descriptors.
Speaker 4: It's like my big throbbing cock, my tight tiny pussy, rely tight pussy.
Speaker 6: And then one of them told me about one of their nicknames.
Speaker 7: They called me he's got all, I got a lot of It was my sister, and I was like, Diesel, my friend's like hell and there.
Speaker 1: Like and then I was like and then my cousin was like, what you've got big forcing.
Speaker 7: It's like how you used to be able to fit eight pound coins in my foreskin?
Speaker 3: No, you're lying, lying, like you're lying, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I was at my sister's wedding and then I was I was like, this is what she said I do.
Speaker 4: You're like, I mean, thing is you're asking you one for fifty pounds, but you're weighing eight pounds in your four skin.
Speaker 1: Ha ha eight skin. That's a lot of skin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I probably a guy quite a big foreskin. And we called him five skin. That's not eight skin.
Speaker 3: Ete skin is more than five skin. I mean it's eight.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: I love all penises, love all penises. Every penis is valad. Everything looks great. But I also sometimes don't want my penis to like look like a moody like emo teenager in a hoodie.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like full her up on the sofa, listen to michaemiccroma.
Speaker 4: I do remember the first time because I'm not circumcised, where like I interacted a penis that was And it is funny how like it is different because for me, like there's sensitivity in places that maybe it's not.
Speaker 3: Well, they are different.
Speaker 2: They like like obviously the foreskin has a lot of like nerve endings. Yeah yeah, yeah, so it is like how you like wank.
Speaker 6: A circumcised versus uncircumcised dick? Like it is different.
Speaker 4: I hate like tossing you off and they like put it all the way back and you're like, okay, like let's be a little bit more gentle.
Speaker 6: Please, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Like it's.
Speaker 4: Not it's not a it's not a gender reveal. Okay, it's pink.
Speaker 3: You don't like pulling her down.
Speaker 6: It's not like you're not the Tory government.
Speaker 1: You know, you know that parent. Take your head off, inside, take off inside, show.
Speaker 3: Me your face, show me a face.
Speaker 1: So's go roll, right.
Speaker 2: So because maybe one day we'll have a really fun night out.
Speaker 6: They just high five.
Speaker 2: That was very like, that's what imagine like if we had a threesome, you guys would.
Speaker 4: Like ran to be busy.
Speaker 1: We can make it happen.
Speaker 4: They seriously, yeah, okay, I mean I definitely fancy a lot.
Speaker 3: That's such a bad sorry. I mean that.
Speaker 1: I mean they talk the tour, they talk.
Speaker 6: They loved me and I loved that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it sounds like a vibe.
Speaker 2: It was a vibe, as you can tell, it was a vibe. I would definitely do that again.
Speaker 1: But maybe we do a foursome.
Speaker 3: Maybe you would have loved that.
Speaker 2: You would have loved them, I mean, the four of us together, the energy've been insane.
Speaker 6: And then you would have to go down on me until.
Speaker 1: I came how much.
Speaker 4: It looks I can do a line of one of their dicks and you don't get really emotional upset about it afterwards and then not talk to me for a few months.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I forgive you that.
Speaker 6: Hey, I forgive you, And that's growth.
Speaker 3: Next time. On twenty eight dates later, I'm like, do have you ever been to the zoo? What's your favorite color?
Speaker 5: And you're like, have you tasted your own calm?
Speaker 4: I'm like, Jesus if I get back here with dating game, I'm like such a loser.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 5: Oh my God, around me? I'm a savage.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight dates Later is produced by Novel for iHeartRadio. For more from Novel, visit novel dot Audio. The series is presented by me Grace Campbell, with help from Roz Pursu and Dan Whyde. The producer is Diggory Way. The executive producer is Claire Broughton. Our editors are myth Lely Raw and Max O'Brien. Production management from Charie Houston and Charlotte Wall. Willard Foxton is our creative director of Development.
Speaker 1: Novel