Speaker 1: Do I throw it away or do I give it away? It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 1: Oh a rare.
Speaker 2: Michaelangelo hosts one more thing before we get to his topic. During the radio show, we brought up that the smart rings that you can get I guess there's a couple of different brands, is like this four and a dollar ring you wear on your finger and it can measure all your heart health, sleep, habits, blah blah blah stuff. And you have an app with your phone and everything like that. And you said you had one for a while, Katie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I checked it probably regularly for maybe a month and a half two months, and I was like, all right, it's just I don't know what to do with this information.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a pretty decent point. And I would imagine unless you make drastic changes in your life, a lot of it's going to be the same for a very long time, maybe the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so you got indications that you weren't sleeping much or enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't getting enough hours and I wasn't spending enough time in rem sleep and I've again, I don't know how to change that.
Speaker 4: Was it like sleep apnea or something like that, because I worry about that occasionally.
Speaker 3: But m M, it wasn't sleep apna. My heart rate stayed the same, my breathing was normal. It was just I bounce out of deep sleep really quickly.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good point. Now, the hours, obviously, you could we could all change the number of hours we spend in bed. You can't change the number of hours that you're in ram. I mean, I don't know how I would.
Speaker 3: No something specific going on, and I have this weird complex where it's like I felt like it was telling me I was doing a bad job.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I'm done listening to you. That's funny. That's what Tim Sanderfer says. He doesn't want his watch yelling at him for not standing up enough and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, kidding, shut up.
Speaker 2: I had a dream the other night that I was lifting weights at the gym. I was by myself in there, and I dropped the bar on my neck and I was trying to crawl to my car to drive myself to the er. And it was one of those dreams that seemed like that lasted all night long. It could have been five minutes. Yeah, it's like what does that mean? And it clearly was. It's funny. I just had the conversation with the therapist about how I don't ask for help. I need help with various things. I'm getting snowed under, trying to take care of the kids by myself, blah blah blah, don't I hire more help? And that's clearly what the dream was. I was crawling to my car with my crushed throat so I could drive myself to the er rather than calling nine one one or something. I think that's what the dream.
Speaker 4: Meant, right, It sure sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Of course, dreams don't have to mean anything. Joe and I used to have dream analysts on all the time, and they were mostly Charlatan's.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous laughable, so we laughed.
Speaker 2: So you know, it wasn't that bad taking advantage of sad or old people. What's your story, Michael.
Speaker 1: My wife has looked in the closet and says I need to throw away all my old.
Speaker 2: Clothes basically because of fashion or size.
Speaker 1: I don't wear them and it's just taking up space. But yeah, do I I guess the question I have is, for example, we have some old towels. She wants to change out the towels. But I've told her, hey, just wash them, we can give them away to goodwill or something like that. She wants me to throw them away. And how often do you change out towels? For example? I mean, do you guys change them out every rid of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean do you change them out every six months?
Speaker 4: No? When we're ashamed of them, that's when you you get rid of. There's nothing you're embarrassed for people to look at them.
Speaker 2: I realize my lifestyle is not like most people's, but I don't know that I ever have in my life other than like they just get lost or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like you, Jack, I just keep the same towels and keep re washing them. Ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never kept thirty years.
Speaker 2: I've never kept a towel long enough to wear it out. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Can how do you lose them like a bath? Tell what happens to them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't have the same towels I don't have well, I don't have the same towels I had when I was twenty five. But I never act.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm as, That's what.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering too. I've never actively gotten rid of them. You know what I do a lot, and this is not good. Is I've moved a lot in my life. I'm bad at unpacking. I'm doing this right now in my house. I have an unpacked since my last move. Like I bought some new a new screwdriver last night at the store because I don't know where my screwdriver is from the move, so I probably do that. I got boxes of old towels. I've never opened the boxes, so I had to get new towels. That's probably what I do. But no, I have never thought does your wife do this because she wants a different look, like a different color, or is it because she thinks they're worn out?
Speaker 1: She thinks they're worn out, well, then get new towels. But what's what I'm trying to save money? And so what's a.
Speaker 2: Worn out tile? What is a worn out towel?
Speaker 4: It looks kind of threadbare and just black. Doesn't look nice anymore.
Speaker 2: It's unraveling, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 1: I just figure if it washes my body and I'm happy with you. I wash them and that's it. You wash yourself with your towel, well, you know you dry yourself with the towel.
Speaker 4: But there you go.
Speaker 1: As far as saving money, though, I just, I just I don't want her to keep buying new stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's just, well, this sounds like a thing between you and your wife.
Speaker 4: But wow, yeah, I'm not waiting involve it.
Speaker 2: No, I have opinions, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea away in Although I buy high quality towels so they would last practically forever, I'm one of the few things and I've always been willing to splurge on. I love the feel of a good, high quality towel. Huh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She wants me to throw them away, not give them away. She says, you can't give those two goodwill And I said, why not, They're perfectly fine, and she says, no, no, we've been using them. And I say, well, just wash them.
Speaker 4: You know, I would say, bring them to said charity or a charity of your choice, and if they want them, they'll take them. If they don't, they will heave them.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Katie, I've got comments, but.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just I mean, how bad of shape are they in?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 2: Can you read the newspaper through them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, they're in good shape.
Speaker 2: So, and I do not want to weigh in this on this at all. I'm only asking a.
Speaker 4: Lady wants new towels, all right, Katie, I'm only the lady or towels.
Speaker 2: I'm only asking for information purposes. So she doesn't want to give him away because she doesn't think it's cool to give somebody a used towel. Correct, Okay, well, okay, by definition, I mean goodwill stuff tends to go to people that are pretty down and out usually, and I think they'd rather have a used towel of a no towel.
Speaker 1: But you can always donate them.
Speaker 3: I was sorry to like the SPCA or something for the animals.
Speaker 2: Dogs don't use towels. I've watched dogs over and over. They just shake.
Speaker 4: I wish they would. Um Boy does backshirt, like if we walk him in the rain, Boy does. He liked to get toweled off, so it's a win win. He's not resistant to it because it feels.
Speaker 2: Really it's a race between getting the towel on the dog and them shaking. They standing in the doorway or something like that and they shake. You got hair and splacker everywhere.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. Pro tip towels in the garage. You gotta be prepped, you gotta be ready. Uh where were we? Oh yeah, let the free market function, missus, Mike Lingel. If somebody wants to buy the towels, let them. That is a coming together of a need and a fulfillment of that need.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: I I'm a.
Speaker 2: Guy who buys used shoes off of eBay and stuff like that. So I mean, I think a shoe is way grosser than a towel. He can wash a towel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Whenever my parents go through a towel or whatever, my dad cuts it in half and uses them for the gym.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. Or use it just for like cleaning my car, washing my car and d yeah, something like that. Yeah, that is I've done that with towels before. That's true. I have done that. They move from the drying my body to the drawing my motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah sure, yeah to the garage. Yeah there you go, win win Michael out to the garage.
Speaker 1: Huh Hey, thanks guys. So I'm not throwing them away. That's that's the bottom line. I'm not gonna throw this.
Speaker 2: You're willing to die on that hill? Yes, yes, I am in a couple more years out of them.
Speaker 4: Michael tonight on THHC Towel Hoarders TLC. Whatever is now THHC is pot, that's never mind.
Speaker 2: We'll to TLC is fine. We don't want this to move to a Judge Judy situation where you got Michael and his wife yelling at each other. She wants to throw away the towels. They're disgusting, she says.
Speaker 1: Now, but as far as close go, do you when you give away clothes do you worry about fashion at all? We're giving them away, yeah, you know, donate them to like Goodwill or.
Speaker 3: Like somebody's gonna go shopping and go, wow, what dick donated this?
Speaker 4: Right right? This shirt sucks. I'm going to figure out who donated this. Go mocking in there on That's what I say.
Speaker 1: You know, all right, well thanks for your help, guys. I'm not throwing away.
Speaker 2: Those towels, I understand.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.