Speaker 1: You know, it's not the holidays without a little drama. Welcome to the Second Date podcast with Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: And yesterday we had our.
Speaker 1: Awkward Thursday phone call where Hey, sister who's hosting her whole family, has decided to charge not just for the dinner, oh no, no, but for her grandparents to get VIP park.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeahge door, and.
Speaker 3: She's still got time to add more fees by Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: She definitely was in charge of the situation. If you didn't hear it, you need to listen. There are a lot of comments.
Speaker 3: About your guys' comments were killing me. But t Cards said, I need to call my sister and tell her how much I appreciate her. After listening to that, em said, thank god I only listened from my family. If my sister or brother heard, I feel like they probably might give it a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely the one episode you don't want to share with any family members.
Speaker 2: I know that's a good point. Oops.
Speaker 1: Hey, keep those comments coming. We got a brand new Second Date for you and it's starting right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date update. You ever see those videos of marathon runners who were in the last stretch right before the finish line and they start celebrating a little bit too early. That's a very last second somebody else passes them, or they run right into a car.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, did I miss that video.
Speaker 4: Well, it also can happen on a first date, because one of our listeners said in his email he got all the way back to his place and just couldn't cross the finish line. So he needs our help today. I don't know if I want to know what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I know, Brook, you like to cross the finish line in the first five minutes, but Anthony does it a little bit differently. Anthony, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we like establish what your finish line is again?
Speaker 4: You're jumping right to the finish line at the very start of the call. Let's let's get to the finish line in a normal amount of time. We'll begin with the girl's name.
Speaker 5: Her name's Olivia, Olivia Olivia okay, And according to my notes, it says you met Olivia on a dating app.
Speaker 4: So what did you to bond over that brought you together?
Speaker 6: Well, she had something on her dating profile that made me laugh, and she said, I never know what to do with my hands during hugs.
Speaker 2: Don't you just put them on the person's back.
Speaker 4: But I guess the question is where on the back do you put them? Do you go high? Do you go low? Do you wonder?
Speaker 2: Answer? Yeah, I definitely I do not do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, it depends on the energy, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you related to that. You thought it was funny. It's silly, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I don't know either.
Speaker 4: Between you two is very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that was your funny response back to her and it sparks conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we said we should hug in person and test it out.
Speaker 2: So that's cute.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: I thought I was in you know, I thought I thought that was my green light.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: That's sure? Getting a hug to smooth line to start things off.
Speaker 2: So did you go to dinner? What did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, well, we hugged when we see each other and oh when.
Speaker 1: You very first met Okay, hold on, don't tell me you were that guy that's like, where's my hug?
Speaker 6: I tried not to, but then she was kind of like put her arms out, so I I just went in and that.
Speaker 1: Is such a cute first interaction. But where did you put your hands?
Speaker 6: I don't even remember. I was like so caught up in the moment.
Speaker 4: All right, you dog, Anthony.
Speaker 6: I could tell there was an attraction because every time I talk, she would either touch or slap my hand. So slap I thought it was kind of flirty.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if you're reading that right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know people who like slapped the table when they're laughing, or they you know, like slap.
Speaker 4: Their name, yeah, or just like slapped the waiter as he walks by exactly. Okay, so what did you talk about during your date, because according to your email, it sounds like you bonded over both having bad roommates.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I used to have a roommate who would always leave loads of wet laundry in the washer for a day you just forget about. Yeah, until my entire apartment smelled like mold.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a good, like relatable, totally totally. What was her horror story about her roommate?
Speaker 6: She had, like this old roommate who used to keep like forty packs of hotdogs in her fridge or something, come on, or she ate them Rob this is the weird thing.
Speaker 5: She ate them rawd well queens gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so YouTube bonded over awkward hugs and midnight hot dogs. Yeah okay, Yeah, let's go to the finish line part. Because in your email you said you were back at your apartment and what happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, like our whole conversation, like maybe the easiest flowing conversations I've ever had on a first date. That's why I suggested we get more, maybe more drinks back in my place. No bad roommates waiting there.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 4: How did she react when you asked her?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: She was down. Let's go. So we get to my apartment and I gave her the full tour. I hit the bathroom real quick, and I tell her to help herself to whatever drake drinks. She wants to get in the fridge, and when I came out, she already got her coat back on. She tells me it later, and she thought, and you just had to go.
Speaker 2: Did you have your fridge axis stinks in there?
Speaker 4: Or there was ten packs of hot dogs in there? And she was like, oh no, not again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like only ten.
Speaker 4: I'm hungry to that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have heard a lot of stories of people who have things in their apartment that they didn't realize was strange and somebody else found it like off putting possible.
Speaker 4: I mean, other than the pole and the swing in your living room, is there anything else weird that could have like driven her away? She's on the swing when he comes out, I gotta go.
Speaker 6: It sucks because she hasn't answered my text since that night. Oh, I know it's something.
Speaker 2: And you've reached out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm not trying to like stalk her and stuff, So I just quit.
Speaker 4: We're just saying I'm not trying to stalk her, but now we're going to stalk her. Alright, her call her sorry. Yeah, slap her with questions. Slapping is their love language, slapping hands.
Speaker 2: She's the only one allowed to do that relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll leave the slapping to you two, and we'll just add some normal questions when we come back and call Olivia to get your second date update with awkward hugs and hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Man, sounds it sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 4: We'll do it right after this second date update. Some couples bond over similar TV shows, similar coffee orders, similar unpaid parking tickets. I'll call your husband. Let's have a bonding moment. But our listener Anthony Today says he bonded with a woman named Olivia over awkward hugs and roommates eating hot dogs straight out of the bag. Hot dogs and hugs. It's a true love story packed with delicious preservatives. Yea, we're trying to make it come to life today. The weird part, though, happened at the end of the night back at Anthony's place, when he told her to go make herself and by the time he got back to the kitchen, she had her coat on, saying it was actually late and she had to go. Yeah. So either Olivia truly lost track of time, or there's something Anthony isn't telling us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about what's in his house in the fridge maybe, Uh, guys, Like, honestly.
Speaker 1: How many guys had that is a good point, Like it could be really helpful Anthony, Like, maybe you'll learn something that women don't like about your house and you can change it.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I'm not a weird guy, that's what you're thinking. I mean, I'll have some weird stuff hanging around, but I'm not a weird guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no weird guys ever know they're weird guys, Anthony.
Speaker 2: That might be the self realization we come to.
Speaker 4: And then fast forward he's like it was the ten thousand Ninja.
Speaker 2: Stars on this wall exactly, No way, what not?
Speaker 1: Everybody has twenty pet iguanas.
Speaker 4: Let's find out how not weird you really are, Anthony. I'm gonna dial Olivia's number and she hopefully will validate everything you just said. You ready to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you got this a little weirdo.
Speaker 4: Bron your side for now, but here we go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Olivia.
Speaker 7: Uh, yes, this is she.
Speaker 4: Hey Olivia. We are a radio show. A bunch of people in the room here we called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is it's a segment that we do called the second Date Update. Not sure if you're familiar with that, but we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently and afterwards he's feeling like you're trying to distance yourself a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, jeff, you haven't responded to any of us texts.
Speaker 7: Is this Anthony?
Speaker 4: No, this is Brook and Jeff Free Morning. Yeah, the guy that we're talking about, his name is Anthony. That's true.
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Wait is that? Oh my god? Like, oh my god, so cool?
Speaker 7: Their manners just so disappointing.
Speaker 4: No, okay, yeah, I told him not to come through our show. We thought it was weird too.
Speaker 2: Wait, why are you lumping him in with disappointing men?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: Because it sounds like you guys had a nice date.
Speaker 7: It's just that every single time that you have like you feel like you start to have a connection with the guy, he just immediately ruins this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of our thing. I mean, yeah, but what did he do?
Speaker 7: Oh? We had a great time on our date, but then we ended up going back to his place.
Speaker 4: You were asking Anthony about this when we spoke to him if there is anything weird inside of his place that may have come across weird or been turn off. He said, no, it's a perfect, perfect room.
Speaker 1: But you have for some reason, it sounds like you're only there for like five or ten minutes before you bailed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well that wasn't originally my plan. I was thinking that we might have like maybe some like romantic time because I haven't really felt close to a guy like in probably years.
Speaker 1: Whoa wowfortble Okay, yeah you liked it.
Speaker 4: It must have been a pretty big thing that happened to change from romantic time to darting away from his apartment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we were having a great time. But then at one point in the night he excused himself to go to the bathroom. And I mean, I'm just assuming he's changing.
Speaker 4: Okay, what happened.
Speaker 7: Well, when he's in the other room, he decides, like from down the hall, he just tells me something that I was not prepared to hear.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he's going down to the bathroom and he said.
Speaker 7: What, Well, she tells me she has hep C.
Speaker 4: Oh, he says he has hepatitis C.
Speaker 2: That's that's serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I can't even say that on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's okay. People have it and they should be open about it. I mean, it's interesting to casually mention it.
Speaker 1: As you're walking away, you know, it seems like a bigger conversation.
Speaker 7: He seems like very confident about it, like, oh, it's no big deal. Hey, And by the way, I have hepsi.
Speaker 4: Okay, change your mind.
Speaker 3: But the yelling down the hall is yeah, oh.
Speaker 6: God, what what? I never said that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on, hold on there, Anthony, because we need to inform Olivia that that is your date on the other line listening to this. He's been there the one time. Yeah, that's how the segment works, as we have them quietly listened so that they could hear what they did wrong.
Speaker 6: And Anthony apparently never I never said I had hept what you.
Speaker 7: Definitely one hundred percent did.
Speaker 6: No, No, I didn't. There's no way. The only time we were talking loud is when I was in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 7: I asked you, hey, is there anything that I should know? And you said you had pepsi?
Speaker 2: Oh, straightforward.
Speaker 1: That's a very honest response, which is good, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Not something that seems like you would forget.
Speaker 6: No. You you asked me what drinks I have to mix with? And I told you I have pepsi.
Speaker 4: Pei pep good, pepsi pepily. You said pepsi? Anthony, are you making that up because you're feeling a little bit embarrassed?
Speaker 6: I swear to god, she asked me, what do you have to drink and I said pepsi and he could have.
Speaker 4: Misheard you through the door or too.
Speaker 2: If she's like hey, he's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, drink. Anthony did tell us that he encouraged you to go make yourself a drink while he was using the bathroom. It makes sense that he'd be talking about what sodaes to mix with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he definitely, he definitely did that.
Speaker 4: That could have been my mistake, Alexis You've been with a lot of guys who've had hepsi. Does this seem like something that would check out.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even talk to him through the bathroom door.
Speaker 3: Don't get that close to a guy in the bathroom ever, sting from down there.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe this is all just one really horrible miscommunication, Olivia. Do you believe him that he was shouting pepsi at you? You were there?
Speaker 7: I mean, we did have a great time like all before this happened, So I guess Anthony, I can I can believe you on this one.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you can get together and discuss all the diseases you have and don't have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I'm just happy that we finally sorted this out because that was quite a misinterpretation.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean I have had pepsi before, but that was like earlier this year. It's gone now.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's how he works, my man.
Speaker 6: I'm joking, guys, not really.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is a fairly time joke. I'm starting to think that maybe we should like it felt real.
Speaker 4: Is it possible that you have pepsi and hepsi both?
Speaker 6: I can make them together.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know if that sounds appealing.
Speaker 1: I just have tomato tomato, sure, tomato, tomato, tomato, kume quatting.
Speaker 4: A lot of questions are going through my head right now, but the main one is, Olivia, would you like to go out on one more date with Anthony, who is, according to him, totally hepsi free. It's really up to you. Yes, lots of pepsi yeh.
Speaker 2: Don't even drink high Sea.
Speaker 4: That's a whole lot of If you're willing to give him another chance, we'd pay for it.
Speaker 7: I mean, I do I do believe him that he said he had pepsi?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Very sweet?
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe before we go out he should go get tested to make sure that that he's telling the truth.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's something Anthony, you would agree to that, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I'm pretty busy, but I could set up a date I guess to go and get tested.
Speaker 4: It feels pretty important, Anthony, he has now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I'm just I'm just super busy. Guys, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Did he say busy or did he shout HEPSI? Again?
Speaker 2: Just protection, it's important.
Speaker 4: Just be cautious out there, Jeffrey in the morning. Isn't it weird to think that this entire thing could have been avoided if he just had sprite in his fridge? My god, shut that one choice led to this entire thing. He wouldn't have had to reach out to us. She wouldn't have been running away from his apartment. Yeah, they might have been engaged by now, for all we know.
Speaker 2: That is quite the commercial for sprite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see it now. I bet PEPSI goes down after this second day Sprite or seven up. Look, I don't want to get into cola wars started here, but it sounds like the good news is they're back onto the right track and they're not gonna yell mixer options across the apartment through closed doors anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thank goodness, let's just not talk to each other while we're in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's just a good rule of thumb. Nothing good happens that way, Joe.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I go the door that extreme with it, but yes. So if you need help with your dating life, though, unless you're talking to closed bathroom doors, you can always reach out to the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. You can go find all of our Second Day podcasts available online wherever you get them. Apro and Jeffrey