Speaker 1: Those fans. Trade deadline day was not dull. It was a dizzying pace for the Baltimore Orioles. And welcome into the Lace edition of Bertland Territory, where a two man team tonight, Brad, we're missing our teammate who's doing some national radio, Tim Barblace, So we'll see Tim in a couple of days. And you and I got to get through this the next thirty minutes, trying to keep pace of what was looks like in Toronto Talley with six players traded if you count the minor league right hander they traded for the minor league outfielder at the very end, and ten players and a player to be named later coming back. It was a crazy day. This all started Friday night. Deeen Kramer, of course, went for the eighteen year old outfielder from the Twins Taylor Ward earlier today went for three right handed pitchers, one of which could go right to the Orioles roster if Alex Hoppy does Adlei Rutchman and Jake Rogers were dealt for four players had a player to be named later from Boston. That was the blockbuster of the day where the Oriols got a big haul of prospects. We're going to get into that and traded the number one pick in the draft in twenty nineteen and Adlie Rutchman. Later Todler Wells was traded and they got Michael Farrett back a bitch or I loved watching last year on the farm. I'm excited to see him back, while we're not excited to see Tyler go. And then finally, Joe Glassy double a reliever, was traded to the Nationals for a triple after their Christian Franklin. Yikes, Brad, what a day? What are your what are your thoughts after last few hours?
Speaker 2: Still I'm still trying to wrap my head around at all. It's uh. I know, the last couple of episodes we've been talking about Adlie going, and there was there was some smoke there, but I just can't believe that it was a full gone fire when it was all said and done. You know, trading trade away Adley, obviously you lose those other guys.
Speaker 3: We had a feeling, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Kramer one year of control left, but uh, it wasn't shocked by that, but really just shocked by Adley and then seeing uh, Taylor Ward. You know, that was kind of the one we expected to go. But like I said, it all comes back to Adlie. It's just it's kind of hard to believe, honestly that it actually got done. Like I said, we talked about it multiple times, but the fact that I think the biggest chakra for me was that was Indivision and that's like, you know, we were talking about that the other day. It was kind of like, yeah, the two teams that need to catcher Yankees and the Red Sox. But it just seems really hard that he's going to be going there and that's that's where he went. And maybe they got the indivision tax that was put on end, they got back some good prospects and stuff like that, but it's just you got to wonder where where they go from here.
Speaker 3: You know, it's is it is it another rebuild, is it a retool? Is it?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious to see how they're going to kind of phrase what they did today by the front office.
Speaker 1: So here, I think is the good news for Oriel fans. And while this clearly was a selloff more than buying, there were very few buy deals here. This was a lot of selling went on today, And you know, I think some people are going to parse it as the Oils have given up on the season. To me, here's where they're holding their last vestige of hope for this year. Their rotation is still really good. Trevor Rodgers is still here, Bradish, Boz and Young. That's a core four rotation that's been good all year. And they're going to replace Dan Kramer with We'll see. Is a Povich, is a Trey Gibson, is a Chris Bassett. They'll find a replacement and Brad that five may keep them in enough games. We know the team has been inconsistent. They're four games under. Defenses let them down, Offenses let them down. It just seems like they're not going to be able to do it this year. But they're close enough that if those guys in the rotation keep doing their thing, it's still could get exciting down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I think it's kind of one of those things.
Speaker 2: I think you're in shock, and I'm really glad actually today they had the off day because you can kind of wrap your head around everything that went down, because I mean, guys in the clubhops are obviously gonna know about this. With the big names going and kind of when you get in tomorrow it's gonna be a different feel. So I think it's a good thing they have the off day today and kind of just wrap your head around what happened. But like you said, at the end of the day, they're gonna have a really good starting pitching still and guys are gonna get opportunities. And that's kind of what I love about this now is that you have a chance for guys to get every day at bats, guys in the bullpen to really step up and get a chance to close and pitch in the eighth inning, pitch high leverage. So for me, it's I kind of look at this for the guys still on the roster is a huge opportunity at the rest of the season, and they're still two months ago and they're only two and a half games out, so it's kind of one of those things guys got to step up, but now they know who's going to be there, and it's kind of like a wrap your head around this, Well, let's go out there and continue to fight every day and you just never know where the chips are gonna lie at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: So here is potential short term replacements we mentioned Kramer, You've got Bassett, Povich, Gibson, one of those three Ward. Could he be replaced by Franklin the triple A outfielder they acquired from the Nationals, Heston Kerstadt. Will he get a chance to come back. Some fans are clamoring for Enrique Bradfield junior is at his time there's an opening now, would Taylor Ward traded Tyler Wells maybe opens the door for Hoppy one of the relievers they acquired today And Rutchman and Nirvaias are two catchers who were swapped and Nirvaia's. Brad actually had a really good twenty twenty five. He had like two point eight war he threw out twenty nine percent. Now this year he's not playing anywhere to that level he's been with. This will be his third al these teams. It wasn't just a throw in. I don't think they're that's someone I think they like a little bit and eventually it could be him backing up Asaioh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I remember, you know, watching the games when he's catching, and was watching the Sunday ball game last night against the Dodgers and he was behind the plate and he calls a really good game. He's not somebody I don't think that they expect to get a ton of offense fro him.
Speaker 3: But like you said, last year.
Speaker 2: He kind of played above his career norms, but he threw out some guys he's got. He calls a really good game, he blocks the ball really well, and I think he's gonna be a good guy for Sami beside to lean on, you know, a foreign born player, so there's the comfortability there with Sammy, and I think sometimes when you get a guy who's bounced around a little bit, he can give a little bit of perspective on, you know, playing other places and what it's like being at other places. Ally only knew the Orioles at this point, So maybe he's gonna help Sammy down the line too. But I, like I said, I think this is you just got to kind of look at this. If you're a Nose fan, couldn't he be frustrated? I think he canna be frustrated. But at the same time, like I said, I think it's kind of they're gonna find out who they want moving forward, and I think you're going to give plenty more opportunities the guys that really should be getting every day at bats, I think, and I think that's kind of where they're going to go from here. And there's really, as we know in the major leagues, there's no feeling sorry yourself or nobody's going to be kind of roll over for you. So when they come there to the ballpark tomorrow, it's going to be get back to business and going out there trying to win games against a team like the Angels, who they just sold off a bunch of guys too, so they're going to be going through the same emotions that the Oriols are. So you just got to kind of put your head down and like I said, the roster is the roster. Now, some guys from the miners might get a shot first, that might come up get more at ats. You just never know, And from this point the players just have to look at as a huge opportunity and kind of you know, kicking the door if they get that chance.
Speaker 1: The trade of Rutchman, there's a lot of symbolism here. This was the first draft pick when Michael Ayas and his staff took over, the third number one in team history. He was number two at the time, and Jackson Hollidays come along since three times, the Oriols have had a one to one pick since nineteen sixty six when the draft started. So that tells you how rare that is. You know a lot of people look back now and say they could have taken Bobby with he was. I know the ools at the time were heavily debating what one to take. In the end, Adelaide, the premium defensive catcher, won out with his incredible resume at Oregon State. And so is it the end of an era? I mean, how do you kind of see it with this marquee talent, the face of the rebuild going out the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's see I think it's I almost want to say, maybe me, it might be the end of an error just with that this core group, and now it's gonna be on Gunner and you know, with Pete there, he obviously wasn't there from the beginning, but I think it kind of falls on Gunner now that he's the face of this. And Jordan Whisper you can hope get him back healthy next year. And Jackson Holliday maybe he's the replacement for Ali the number one pick and kind of moves into a little bit bigger role here with leason A losing that voice in the clubhouse. But it's, uh, it's definitely gonna be one of those ones that I think is is talked about here for a little bit, and it's not just one of those ones where you're gonna kind of forget about it tomorrow or next week or next month. He was the face of Michaelias and his rebuilding of this organization getting back to the playoffs. So it's obviously not comparable to the teams I was on twenty fourteen, twenty sixteen, and obviously our trade away in twenty eighteen. But I think when you lose that marquee number one pick, it might be considered the end of an era. But at the same time, you still have all the other guys left, So it's I don't know exactly the phrase you want to give it, but it's definitely short a big name and a big voice in that clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Michael Oas obviously is not reticent to trade with in the division. He traded four prospects to Tampa, a great development organization, to get Shane Boz. He got one of them back today. He traded with the Red Sox Adleie Retchman, and he traded again with Tampa today Tyler Wells for Michael Farrett. So I think this came down to this brat Most of the teams that wanted to catch it were in the Al East, and if it was the Yankees and the Red Sox fighting at the end, maybe that up that package that A lot of people are saying the Ools did a great job getting three of the top five Red Sox players, two of what your top one hundred pitchers, and this outfielder that a lot of people like and their bias, who has been good at times in his career. Some people were overwhelmed by that package the Ools got for Retchman. Of course, he has team control through next year. He's not a rental, so sorting it all out and it's going to take a few days.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, it is, and it's I think it's I think it was shocking that its indivision. But at the same time, you know when you make the deal in division you're going to get something extra. It just feels like you have to There has to be something there to in order to push you over the edge of making that move. Knowing Adley has another year of ConTroll and you're going to be facing that team thirteen fourteen times a year, and you're going to be competing against them for the Division of Wildcards. So I just think at the end of the day, if you're willing to move a guy like Adley, you have to take the best package and you kind of have to take the team out of it, whether it was the Yankees, or is the Red Sox, or is the Raise. I just think if you were treating a guy of that caliber, three time All Star, you just have to forget about the team that it is and you just got to hope you get the best players back and they make your team better and at the end of the day that you're happy with that. If you were gonna move on from Ali as it was, you just get the best package you possibly can. And now it's time to move on and see what they can get with these guys they got in the trade.
Speaker 1: We got a lot more thoughts on this man. What a dizzying day in Birdland Atlie Ritchman is an ex oriol A couple others have gone out the door as well. The Oriols got some talented young players. In fact, the MLB pipeline tonight has ranked that picture they got from the Red Sox as their number one prospect. I'll touch on that and more coming up as we roll on Tim Barbolace. We're missing him tonight. He's doing national radio tonight, so great chance for Tim. If you're listening to Westwood One tonight, you're gonna hear them, and in a minute you're gonna hear more from me and Brad on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 4: It's the summertime, aj and this is a time to feel free wild, make some phone that you're overdue for, and also get some deals that you should be getting that you deserve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it couldn't be any easier though. It's just one price for unlimited talk, text and data. It's really simple. It is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per month.
Speaker 1: It's simple, that's right.
Speaker 4: All of Mintmobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month with the summer sale, even unlimited. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month. That's it. There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve months. Plan required fifteen bucks per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabytes hotspot capable device required availability, speed and coverage varies see mintmobile dot com superrad.
Speaker 1: There are various reports coming out Tonight's and the Orioles made a run at Adlie didn't think they could get him signed long term, and that may have led to what happened today this trade. Oriol fans will remember the Manny Machado situation. He was a rental so the package, which at the time seemed pretty great, turned out not to be great. Uston LD has never made it. Dan Kramer did a good job for the Birds for years, but it wasn't the great package because of rental. So with Adlie, he can make two playoff runs with the Red Sox if they make it, and that brings more of a price. And if the Yankees were pushing for him, that spurred on the Red Sox. So sometimes Brad these things are this is what it was today, and maybe Michael Ias said, you know what, we could trade Adley this winner, but I can't get that package this winner, and so he pulled the trigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think when I think having the fact that the Yankees and the Red Sox both were going after the same player, I think that might have bumped up the price even more. And if that think you just mentioned that picture is now number one in the Orioles system, that's something that's hard to pass up. And I feel like that might have been the thing that tip the scale in the in the way of we need to move this guy now, because I just don't know if that type of player, that caliber player is going to be there that this winter. So I think that's what at the end of the day, he went and got the best players. He thought it was the best deal he could get, and that's you know, we're not going to know how this is going to pan out. This might be more of a two, three year, four year type of thing. But I think, yeah, at the end of the day, when you get someone's number one prospect or it's now your number one prospect. When you get them for somebody that you're just not sure is going to be there past next year.
Speaker 3: You kind of got to take that deal.
Speaker 2: And who knows, maybe some of these other players pan out even better than they're expecting right now. So it's uh, it's going to take a little bit of time to obviously process all this and see how it plays out. But I just think Michael Oas just needed to do it. If you thought this was the best.
Speaker 1: Time, we'll tip our cap if we had one, Brad, you had one, but it's going backwards. Don't tip it right now to Hadley Rutsch and will symbolically do it. Uh, you know he was. He was a really good oriole and he made three All Star appearances on their watch. He represented the organization well. He handled the white hot spotlight of being one one pretty well too, I thought. And you know he never did anything but honor the organization. That famous spin around when he made his first debut, remember he kind of took it all in. Yeah, yeah, you know, think things were gonna remember and it's just gonna be weird when he plays against the Oils wearing Boston Red Sox uniform and fans are gonna have a hard time when he slugs one in the seats at Fenway Park against the Orioles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It's I think that's kind of the bittersweet part of it is that he goes out to the West Coast or he goes in the NL, you might see him once every couple of years or something like that. But the fact that you're gonna see him in came the Yards in a different uniform minimum two times a year is definitely a tough bill to swallow. So, uh, I think that's gonna end up being the hardest part of it. But but like you said, I think being the second ever number one overall pick for the Orioles, he did a good job. He came up, made three All Stars. I mean, there's really not much else you could ask for him playing in premier position. That's really really tough to do both sides of the ball, and he really did a great job for them, got them back to winning the division, got them to the playoffs twice. So, like you said, tip your cap to add that, he really handled the pressure of that being the face of the rebuild for Michael Elias really well and not only just represented it well, he performed really well on the biggest stage and did a great job.
Speaker 3: So you can't help but to root for somebody.
Speaker 2: You just got to hope that he doesn't do it against the Orioles whenever they face on the thirteen times a year.
Speaker 1: So here was on Twitter today and this got a lot of attention. And this was not from an oriol reporter. It was from Sean McAdam, a Boston reporter of Masslive dot com, who tweeted after this trade, some people in the game are completely stunned by what the Red Sox gave up for Ritchmand said one evaluator. I'm absolutely dumbfounded by this. This is literally one of the most ridiculous trades I've seen in thirty years. Wow to what he said, Wow, that's crazy. Yeah, you know, But so what did the Ools get. Let's give you at least a little bit of a rundown here. They got right handed pitcher Anthony Ironson. He has ranked as number thirty three prospect by Baseball America, number forty nine by Pipeline, number two Red Sox prospect. The Ools did not get Franklin Arias shortstop. That's the Red Sox top top guy, top ten in the game, so that we were going to put this over the top. Red Sox did not part with him, but they did part with three of their top five prospects, including Ironson, third round draft pick out of LSU and twenty twenty five. Brady signed for one point seven five million. And by the way, the other guy that got Kyson Witherspoon was a first round draft pick number fifteen overall in twenty twenty five out of Oklahoma who signed for five million, and he was a top one hundred and still is according to base Ball America, number ninety seven. And then they got the outfielder Andy as a Car. He is the number five Red Sox prospect. He's nineteen from Venezuela and is having a great year this year at a and high as ops is eight to eighty and they say it's above average speed and power. Baseball America said he has the highest offensive sealing of anybody in the Boston system. Wow, two of their cream pitchers and maybe their best hitter. And Navayas, as we said, who's done some good things. The fifth part is a player to be named later or cash ore so that has not been determined. It could be a cash consideration in the end, we'll see four players for now coming in this deal, so that that is a haul and two top one hundred. It's three of Boston's top five. They do keep their number one, but three of their top five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think what makes us trade interesting too, is it sounds like these guys aren't that far away. When you're talking about a first rounder out of college for five million, he's got to be close to a TA close to the big leagues, you would think if they're giving that amount of money to him. So it's not like they're getting some eighteen year old kid out of high school who's got the raw stuff. It sounds like they're more of guys who are a little bit more polished, have good stuff, might be close to the big leagues, if not next year, the year after that. But it's it seems like it's a closer deal than you know, getting some guys that just you're not too sure about and then throwing that nineteen year old prospect. He might be a little bit further away, but you just never know. Some of these guys they can develop quicker than you think, and maybe the returns come quicker, or the Orioles might like these guys even better than the Red Sox did, so that's why they felt like they had to pull the trigger.
Speaker 3: But it's it's it's yeah.
Speaker 2: To get the Systems top three out of five guys is an impressive haul. And to hear the one guy who's been covering the Red Sox that long say it's the most ridiculous trade he's ever heard.
Speaker 3: You got to feel good if you're an Orials.
Speaker 2: Fan here, and that because teams aren't giving that up, you know, every every year, really ever, when you think about it.
Speaker 1: He said that was from an evaluator, which I assume obviously means a scout reached out to him or he reached out to the scout to get their take on this deal. On the scout thought the Orioles got a haul, and of course we heard good things about the kid from Minnesota they got Friday night. And I love Michael Farrett and I'm still going to get around to him eventually here. But the stats for Anthony Aronson, twenty one year old right hander, they got the highest ranked player in this Boston trade this year between high A in Double A four and oh with a one thirty two ERA eighty nine whip twelve point four k per nine rad at double a pitch to an fifty two era in June two oh four in July. I mean, the stature tremendous for this guy, and I guess he'll probably go right to double a Chesapeake for the Orioles to start. You know, they had the top fifteen O Baseball America prospects before today. Ten of the top fifteen were pitchers. Three are now going to be added to that, these two from Boston and Michael Farrett, who is number eight on Tampa's list and number eight on the Oriels list when they traded him in the Bos deal. So he's a top ten oriol prospect and these two are top ten man. I mean, that's setting them up with some depth for possible more deals this this winter, pending about how this all plays out with labor and everything in big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure, that's a good sign when you have arms. You need arms to win, You need arms to get to the playoffs. You need arms to go deep in the playoffs, and the way baseball is today, you need a lot of arms to do that.
Speaker 3: So it's that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: I think it's we've talked about Michael Liason and his development of hitters. When you look at the Houston organization, they got all the hitting and they went and got pitching elsewhere, and sometimes maybe that's what you got to do. But it seems like the Oriers are getting better at developing in house. Like you said, multiple guys that you've liked that on the farm on previous shows. Now you add this slough that they've got of guys coming over from other organizations and you get the Orioles guys on them and hopefully they can go out there and just keep developing them, get them to the big leagues, and then from there just hopefully they can perform and stay healthy. And that's really all you can do with prospects. They're prospects for a reason. But when you're talking about top like I said, top three of five of another organization, and they're they're going right in with the group of guys you already said, we're with the Oriols.
Speaker 3: That's a good sign.
Speaker 2: So the arms are coming, and you just got to hope they stay healthy and just keep developing them and get them to Cami yards and see what they can do.
Speaker 1: In a minute, I want to ask Brad what it means to the clubhouse when in the last few days Kramer's gone, Ward's gone, at leasts gone, Wells is gone. Four guys were really beloved in there by their teammates. Let's touch on that in a month.
Speaker 4: Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program.
Speaker 3: Kratz.
Speaker 5: We love our pupps, we do, and I can't put Bella in a bubble.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'll do. I'll do the next best thing for her.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program offers customizable accident and illness plans that can figure budget, your lifestyle and even your pets particular quirks. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters, and that's your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash faul. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash faul again one more time. ASPCA pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independence American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insured and is not engaged in the business of insurance.
Speaker 1: Berdland Territory Continuing tonight with you, Tim Barbleace is on assignment doing national radio. He'll be mad with us next show, and man, he's guys handsful today, Brett four hours of his own show and five hours of a national I've never heard of that. Nine st eight hours on air.
Speaker 3: Man having cough, drops righty for your.
Speaker 1: Drink and drive home. He should even drive himself home after that. So these players leave the clubhouse, man, these are guys that really were well regarded in their kramer Ward Rutchman wells. How do they pick up the pieces? What will it be like in that clubhouse tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think it's one of those things where a lot of times when trade deadlines come and go, it's not really discussed. You know, you kind of get to the field and you just go about your business, and uh, the guys are gone. It's tough sometimes, but you just got to pick up the pieces. But I think Alburnz might need to address it tomorrow. It's a that was a that was a big that was a big one. They're losing a lot of guys, a lot of guys, guys liked, a lot of guys that were respected, and I think with Pete and hopefully Bassets around too, they can kind of use all three of them because I think being a rookie manager on top of all this, this is another situation he's never had to deal with before as a manager, and this is I think a tough one. So I think I think something's got to be said. I think you just kind of go out there and say, hey, guys, you know what, we can kind of exceale like these are the guys that are going to be here. Nobody's leaving from this group. We got to go out there and compete with the guys we got and just kind of talk about the elephant in the room and then it's back to work like normal and they're still in this thing. And that's like the craziest part of all this is that they're only two enough games out of the Wildcard, Like we've talked about. The records might not be where they want it to be the but the al has not gone away from them, and this team still has a high majority of the pieces that have gotten to them still in the mix. So I think it's kind of one of those things you address the elephant in the room and just tell the guys, hey, it's a great time for opportunity. It's a great time to improve going into next season. And if we're if we keep going at it every day with the work that we have talked about doing this on a first day mentality, at the end of the year, we're gonna like where we're at in the standings. And I think that's kind of the message you have to give to the guys and just kind of hope that it's well received and they go out there and just compete like they always say they do every single day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be interesting how they go on from here, because when we last saw the Orioles with those players, they were losing two to the Phillies and not looking good doing it. So maybe there'll be some kind of fresh start or some fresh vibe in there and we'll see how they go on. Man, it'll be interesting attractors team.
Speaker 2: Steve, I was gonna ask you too, since you you're no loyal Oriols fan, what do you think the fans are feeling right now? Is it disappointment? Is it kind of unknown? Is it frustration? What do you think You've been around them enough to have an idea of what maybe the fan base is thinking right now.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of disappointment, Brad, and I hear I think this too. Social media tends to be the folks who are more angry. There might be people today who love a lot of these young kids they got and I'm high on some of them, and they're quieter. So it feels like the fan base is outrage today and some are and I think they feel the team punted the season and traded a marquee talent franchise player, so they're they're down right now. But Brad, if you win six out of seven, they'll be back. The Ools have a chance to win them back, and over time we'll see what some of these acquisitions do on the farm and so forth. And the Oriols are not rebuilding folks. We've touched on this on this show. All the play well, all the team control. We've talked about. Bradish is now here long term, Boz is now here long term. Maybe this will lead to Rogers getting a deal. They're laying the groundwork for a decent rotation in twenty twenty seven, and they still have Oh, by the way, Gunner Henderson and Pete Alonzo and Colton Cowser, and maybe they get Westburg back. It's not the one hundred lost years. I don't see that, and so but it's up to the team to show us that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it's I was gonna follow you up by just saying I think it's more of a way to find their identity. I think this team just hasn't had an identity this season. It's been you know, the hitting has been good, then the pitching's been good, and it just feels like it just doesn't have like this identity yet. And maybe these two months the guys rally together, and that's what I hope for the fan base and I and I really think this clubhouse can do. It is where they rally together and where when everybody on the outside is kind of looking in and saying they punted on the season, they got rid of ADLEI like the rebuild is over and the error is done. But it's that kind of a way of guys getting together and really saying, you know, let's give them something to cheer forward, Let's give them something to roof for and really get our backs. And I think it's it's kind of a unique opportunity that can come out of something that might seem like a crazy day and things that kind of came out of left field. But at the end of the season, you kind of hope that they can get it rolling into next year and whether that's in the playoffs or not this year, I just hope that they can use this as positive momentum heading into the offseason.
Speaker 3: And then you got to hope the labor agreements come together.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing you can control as it is, but it's just get some positive momentum heading towards next year and then with these young guys they got, hopefully they got some gems there and they can really kind of just add to what they built.
Speaker 1: At the end of the season, player like Adlee walks out the door, they broke up the band, right, But I think the Orioles are gonna hope and the message of the fans might be let's see what the new band looks like and what kind of tunes they can play and real quickly, MLB Pipeline added some of the players they got in the top thirty. We mentioned Anthony Allenson is their number one oriol prospect per MLB Pipeline. They've got Kyson Witherspoon, Boston pitcher. They got number six, the Boston outfielder Andy as a car number seven. They haven't added in Farrett yet. He'll go in the top ten somewhere. And they have Jermondo Reyes, the outfield they got from the Twins at number twenty two. So the Orioles probably went from middle of the pack in farm team rankings. I'll bet to maybe ten or something with this influx of talent. And oh, by the way, Michael Farrett one of my favorite oriol pitching prospects last year. I was down when they traded him. I like this guy, Brad, maybe as much as anybody I saw last year. And that counts Trey Gibson, because those are the two stars in the system last year Forrett. Last year, by the way, Brad pitched a one five adra between Aberdeen and Chesapeake when they traded him. He was double A. So he goes to Tampa this year and in nineteen starts, is seven and two of the three twenty nine. He's the raised number eight pitcher. He throws six pitches. Had a scout told me today that he's touched ninety six. He saw him pitch pretty recently, and this scout said he's about ready. He's right about ready for his major league chance, and said six pitches, and he has weapons against left and right. Really really, this scout said, long term ceiling. He likes FORRHTT more than he likes Stean Kramer. Wow, kind of interesting. There are very different points in their career. Dean's obviously established five or six years in the BIGS. This kid hasn't pitched a game yet in the BIGS. But he was the Oil fourteenth round pick in twenty twenty three, traded for Shane Boz and today traded for Todler Wells. They got him back. So I'm excited to see Michael Farrett and that he might maybe he'll make his major league debut before this year is out. He throws to de f ball too. Oh, by the way, okay, so we'll see you all.
Speaker 2: Looks well, sometimes when you go to another organization too, you pick up some tips here and there too, So maybe he found something else or made something better. And the fact that they got him back and you're high on them, I like him then because you know what you're doing, so you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: So that's that's exciting. They got him back.
Speaker 1: But he's pitching for the Rays. No one does it much better than the Rays. So he picked up some things along the way. So we're about done, man, that we got through faster to night. We just want to tip our cap the Dean Kramer, Tyler Ward, Adlee, Rutchman, Todter Wells. I mean, they were four main stays in there for me. Each one of those four were tremendous to deal with. They're great people beyond being good ballplayers, and they did a lot for the Orioles. And I know fans are you know, they're feelable down about that today. You get attached to these guys, you know, Brad, you saw it this weekend with the Hall of Fame. Birdland still loves the guys of your era, and that's sally they feel about Orioles here in in Birdland. There they're special to.
Speaker 3: Us for sure.
Speaker 2: And when you, like you said, when it's when it's good guys, it always I mean it's when.
Speaker 3: They're good ballplayers, it's tough to lose them.
Speaker 2: But when they're good guys, and especially when they treat the media right, I always root for those guys because it's it's just part of the job, and you know, some guys are better at it than others. But when they're good guys and they go elsewhere, it's it's tough to see them go, but you always wish them luck when they when they head to a new place, you.
Speaker 3: Never want to see them do bad. Like I said, I just hope.
Speaker 2: It's not against the O's when they get to see these guys, but it's, uh, you definitely wish them luck when they head there, and you know, you just thank them for what they did for Birdland because the fans are the best and they don't forget and they love their guys, And that's that's one thing I can say after like you said this weekend, you can tell they just love their orioles and the guys that do play the game the right way and go about it the right way.
Speaker 3: They really respect.
Speaker 2: And it's like you said, tough to see those guys go, but hopefully it opens the door for some more guys to kind of, you know, get to put their their on Birdland. And that's what the hope is for the rest of this year.
Speaker 1: Tell you what, if the Oils aren't playing in October, I'll be watching the Rays, Man, I'll be rooting for Brian Baker and Tyler Wells and Cedarc Mullins. And oh, by the way, Brandon Hyde is a big part of things in Tampa right now. I understand he pretty much is around every home game helping out with the major league team, and when they go away, he goes to the miners. So they really like Brandon's help in Tampa. They got the Baltimore connection. They're helping them be in first place. Brad will see you soon. We'll get our buddy back. Tim. He'll be tired, but he'll be happy to rejoin us. And keep subscribing Birdland. That last episode we did got a ton of views. Hopefully this one will too, and we get those subscribers. We're closing it on a thousand, man, are we gonna have a party when that happens. So thanks for that. Keep subscribing, and we'll see you next time on another birdland territory in SA