Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn the stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: My name is Matt, my name is Noel.
Speaker 4: They called me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Alexis code named Dot Holliday Jackson. Most importantly, are you. You are here that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. We're going to give.
Speaker 3: Some rude, tripped advice to a.
Speaker 4: Fellow conspiracy realist. We're going to learn about how the nation of Canada agrees with us about some very dire predictions. We're going to get introduced to a fringe, very strange political cabal in the US. I might have a letter from home if we've got time, But first things first, for our listener mail program this evening, we got a We got just a fantastic letter that I think we all read with avid interest.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we got a message from lex. This is just their experience in a weird situation, and it's right up our alley. We think it'll be up yours too. So let's get started, guys, what do you say we round robin this thing. I'll kick us off here, Lex says stuff they don't want you to know crewe. Hey, guys, I just wanted to start off by saying I'm a longtime listener and I love everything you put together.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do, Lex, No, just show you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that. That's very kind. I'm writing this email to share an experience I had with the CIA that I think you might enjoy. About a year ago, I was working as an investigator for the Department of Labor. I've since returned to private industry. When my office received a complaint from a contractor at a major CIA campus in northern Virginia. As a long term conspiracy realist and fan of the show, I could not let this opportunity go by. I immediately volunteered to take the case.
Speaker 5: For most employers covered in my jurisdiction, I would just show up an announce to conduct an inspection slash investigation. However, with the CIA, I suspected that my dol badge wasn't going to be enough, so with some cooperation from the complainant and extra digging on my part, I eventually made contact with the security team for that CIA campus. I had to provide some information for an expedited background check, and within a couple of days I was on the road for a four hour drive from my office to the incident location.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, I happened to have been listening to.
Speaker 5: Your audiobook Oh Thank You at the time, which provided the perfect on Beyonce for what was to come.
Speaker 4: And quick editorial note here before we continued. Lex I read this with great, great interest and was actually holding off on right to you until he could share this on air, So be expectant. It continues, Lex continues. As I reached the location given to me, I quickly realized that I was at a dummy location. The GPS took me to a construction site packed between abandoned buildings, and there was a guard shack at the entrance of the construction site and about six security officers armed with machine guns stepped out of it. Right as I rounded the corner. The guy who looked to be in charge ordered me to turn off the car and roll down my window. After I provided him my driver's license and the name of the security officer that Lex was supposed to meet, he told me to turn around and follow a black suv to the actual facility entrance. I turned the car around and see the suv waiting on the road for me. This is when it gets weird.
Speaker 2: I reached for my phone to call my boss and let him know I've arrived and things are very cia, but my phone, which was just on using the GPS and plugged in, was off. I turned it back on, but it had no service. I then tried my work cell that was also off and had a dead cell signal. Bizarrely, both cell phones remained without service while I followed the black suv on public roads for about ten minutes.
Speaker 5: Eventually we pulled off onto a nondescript road that looked like some rich guy's driveway and followed that down to the facilities gate. At the gate, I'm asked to park my car and meet the security officer I had arranged with as he would be my escort. I parked the car, got out, and walked over to him. We officially introduced ourselves and he reviewed the rules of the site, which included no electronics for visitors. At this point I realized that I had my work cell on my person. I disclosed this to the security officer and told him that I needed to drop it off in the car.
Speaker 4: We're going to paraphrase a little bit here, likes. When I returned to the car, I tried unlocking it with a keyfob, but nothing happened. I tried all of the buttons and the keyfob didn't work at all. I checked the phone again and saw that it still had no service. The security officer yelled over to me. I had to ask if everything is okay. I held back to him that the car won't unlock, and I think my G batteries are dead. He just nodded, pulled out his cell phone, which appeared to be working just fine, and he calls someone. Within thirty seconds, he tells me try it again, and suddenly the car unlocks. Curious, as I putting it away, I checked the cell phone and saw that it now had service.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 4: Signal jammers are not necessarily new technology, but it was still spooky to experience what I believe was one. The rest of the investigation proceeded fairly normally considering, but there were a few other funny and interesting details I think are worth sharing.
Speaker 2: First, the CIA staff I met with would only give me their first names. I put that in quotes because their names were also bland that it was obvious they were fake. Everyone was Jack, Jill, Steve, Alex, et cetera. Similar to the alias names, the email addresses I was given were odd. For those that don't know, federal agencies use a similar formula. Last name period, middle initial period, first name at department and that's the initials of the department, so like dot gov. So for example, John Sdoe from the Department of Labor would have the email Doe dot s dot John at DOL dot gov. Well, the CIA guys all gave me we'd Gmail accounts as their official work emails, and it was clear they had fun with the account names. It would be something like a built forty year old man with an email address Pixiecandle five seventy two at gmail dot com. I guess having an email address that ends in at CIA dot gov is bad spycraft.
Speaker 3: No, for sure.
Speaker 5: Another funny detail I think you would appreciate is that all of the contractors I talked to also used aliases, but their aliases were a bit more overt. They identify each other as cryptids. I mean the investigation. I had formal written statements from Sasquatch, Chupacabra, NeSSI, Mothman, and others. Finally, an interesting detail I picked up from talking with the manager of the CIA was that they're having a hard time recruiting people, not from a lack of applicants, but from finding people who can pass their background tests. Apparently the most common cause of disqualification is from music and textbook hiracy.
Speaker 3: Whoops.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I hope you all found this interesting. Feel free to share it on air if you want. Best wishes Lex. Well, my goodness, guys, what a message from Lex.
Speaker 3: What a story.
Speaker 2: I think the email addresses thing is like one of the most fun But the jammers, guys, jamming the signal from your your keyfob on your phone to your car pretty focused.
Speaker 4: You know so much for writing Inlex again, this is really awesome and we appreciate we appreciate the in detailed stuff. And I've got to tell you, guys, this probably is going to sound familiar to some of our listeners in the audience this evening.
Speaker 5: Yes, I guess, I just you know, look at to Lex's point, jammers certainly something we're aware of, but the precision that play here and the specificity of the various types of signals and the ability to kind of flip them on and off. Maybe maybe that is old hat to people that are more familiar with this cond of tech, but it seems.
Speaker 3: Pretty interesting to me.
Speaker 5: And also the email addresses with the gmails, it kind of reminds me of those auto generated passwords you'll find on the back of routers sometimes where it'll be like weird combinations of words and letters.
Speaker 3: Look, I had one years ago that was like.
Speaker 5: Large trumpet five seven six, you know, for the password that was auto generated. So I'm wondering if Pixie Candle five seven to two was in some way using some kind of algorithm to like generate weird combos of words and letters that couldn't be now figured out.
Speaker 2: That's innocuous. Maybe it sounds like that kid even or just a young adult, you know, something like that, very weird, very weird stuff. It strikes me as odd that they would even do those kind of procedures for an official investigation by something like the Department of Labor. I don't know, that's odd. Like I guess attempting to hide the location of where the actual facility is. I guess that's the reason and in case someone else is tracking that phone as it's coming in or something like that.
Speaker 5: Kind of reminds me of like taking someone to a secure location where you have to blindfold.
Speaker 3: Them or something like that. I mean, you know, it's different.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that is just really weird to me that they would do that to basically other governmental organizations on official business. All right, well, hey, if that's that's all we got, Thank you so much Lex for writing in. We will be right back with more messages from you.
Speaker 5: And we've returned with a bit of conspiracy vacation. A request came in from a listener. I'm just gonna leave anonymous because they didn't give a nickname, and I.
Speaker 3: Hope this is helpful.
Speaker 5: Asked for a responsive to email, but this was just too good not to share with everybody. I'm a huge fan of the podcast, and you guys have always recommended things that go along with whatever you're talking about in that episode. I was hoping to have some recommendations from you guys for my upcoming trips. I will be driving from Orlando, Florida to Williamsburg, Virginia for one trip, and from Orlando, Florida to Gatlinburg Tennessee for another. Maybe you can also recommend some places in the state of Florida, where my husband and I live. I'd love for you guys to reply to this email with them.
Speaker 3: I hope this is not a big ass or any inconvenience for you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 5: Can up the amazing work, and I look forward to the episodes to come. Well, hopefully you'll enjoy hearing.
Speaker 3: From all three of us on this one.
Speaker 5: I only provided stuff for the first trip, so maybe we'll save the second one for another time. But hopefully these are some points of interest. My mind initially, maybe in bad geography, jumped to Point Pleasant, West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Virginia, Virginias are the same.
Speaker 5: Right now, It's about six hours out of the way to go to Point Pleasant, where the Mothman Museum is, and we have been to where there's that incredible buff statue of the Mothman bounce a quarter off of his metal but really cool little museum and tour, but probably not for this trip.
Speaker 3: A little too out of the way.
Speaker 5: So where I did land was in that route, or at least what Google Maps kind of created. Is that route you pass through Savannah, Georgia, which is a really cool gothic, kind of old worldly kind of city, very akin to New Orleans in terms of its pirate history and sort of you know port kind of city vibes, which comes with a lot of interesting things, including lots of ghost stories as well as some murders most foul. And I found a really cool article actually from the I Think Savannah Visitors Bureau, the six most haunted places in Savannah that you can actually visit, so you could do this on your own without even having to employ a tour And then I'll give you a couple recommendations for that. The Hamilton Turner In was a site of filming from the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and it is said to be a hub of paranormal activity inside the inn, of people have reported hearing the sounds of children laughing in billiard balls clicking around on the upper floors in the night, as well as sightings of a strange cigar smoking man on the roof.
Speaker 3: Then we also have the Marshall House, which USA.
Speaker 5: Today named one of the best haunted hotels in the US since eighteen fifty one. I didn't even know that was the thing that USA Today chimed in on what good to Know since eighteen fifty one, this hotel was actually each is a hospital several times, and we've seen that in a lot of the stories that we've told on this podcast about haunted places that the site of pain and suffering and illness and tragedy are often seem to be imbued with some kind of like you know, energy that remains, whether it be ghosts or just kind of bad vibes. Check out our episode on vibes. In one of these instances where the Marshall House was a hospital, it housed Union soldiers, and then another two times for the nineteenth century yellow fever epidemics and guests have reported numerous paranormal encounters such as ghosts in the hallway and again.
Speaker 3: The creepy, the creepiest of ghostly.
Speaker 5: Sounds that have children laughing and running down the halls, as well as faucets turning on and off by themselves.
Speaker 3: Highly recommend checking out the rest of this list.
Speaker 5: I got to just mentioned the Pirates House, which is a really cool restaurant, kind of goofy, you know you can, it's very pirate theme.
Speaker 3: Get your pirate cocktails.
Speaker 5: They get a little hat you can put on the kids, but the building itself, while today a super touristy kind of you know, eatery, does have a bit of a dark past. Many folks were essentially robbed and taken captive in this boarding house basement, and they were forced to serve a life at sea.
Speaker 3: So check out this article if you want to see some more.
Speaker 5: They're also a ton of ghost tours and I can't not recommend The Mad Cat Tour's true crime pub crawl, the original Savannah Murder tour, and from their website it asked you to join them on a twilight true crime investigation of Savannah's murderous, scandalous, fascinating pass complead with serial killers, crimes of passion, and compelling unsolved cases with stops at bars all on the way four bars, Grab yourself some drinks and hear the sordid history of Savannah, Georgia's true crime, including a murder that resulted in more than.
Speaker 3: One hundred arrests. What's that about? I don't even know.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give too much away, but I do think this one would be worth booking.
Speaker 2: It sounds awesome. I keep thinking about the sound of like pool balls or billiard balls clanking above me if I know that there's no one up there to physically hit those balls, because it takes, you know, it takes a lot of exertion to move those balls. I guess I have seen videos of a cat moving billiard balls before, but I don't know. It still strikes me as needing a lot of kinetic force that if it was a spirit or ghost or hunting of some sort, it would be a powerful one.
Speaker 5: Agree and Ben, I just want one more on the kind of maybe a little flip back around from Williamsburg, Virginia back to Orlando. Slight changeing route. You'll pass right through the outer Banks of North Carolina, which in and of themselves apparently worth the price of admission. But in the Outer Banks area is the site of the lost colony of Roanoak, which we have covered here on this very podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shut up, crow ten, that's a great call. I think all of these recommendations are fantastic. We also anonymous. We are big fans, as you and your significant other maybe of the Weird Blank series Weird Us. There's one for every state now Weird Alaska, Weird, Virginia, Weird Florida, and those books are similar to Atlas Obscure. They're great guides to things in your area without building out a full itittererary. There are some things in Gatlinburg that I think would be of interest to you all. Also in Pigeon Forge, which is just about twenty minutes away from Gatlinburg via car there's one that I have not been to. But we need boots on the ground, folks. We need someone to tell us whether this is cool. The Alcatraz East Crime Museum in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Yeah, it feels like it's right up our alley and maybe yours as well.
Speaker 3: Anonymous absolutely.
Speaker 5: And then just really really quickly as pertains to the Roanoke situation, there is a museum that has a lot of artifacts that were left behind by these disappeared colonists.
Speaker 3: And just for a quick little bit of background, please do check out our episode on it.
Speaker 5: There were settlers who arrived in this part of North Carolina in fifteen eighty seven, and in fifteen ninety soldiers came and found that the place had been entirely abandoned, leaving only the word crow atoin carved onto one.
Speaker 3: Of the gate posts.
Speaker 5: Of the fort as well as crow etched into a tree. Cro and conspiracy theories have abounded from Native American attacks to much more nefarious and sinister things like I believe even like cannibalism or something. There was several real gnarly ones that were in there, like you know, some sort of cultish type activity.
Speaker 3: And maybe I don't know, do you guys have any favorite theories?
Speaker 5: I know, I think there was some excavation in the past decade or so that sort of led to a little bit more of a concrete understanding of what likely happens.
Speaker 4: Starvation and privation leading to assimilation with the with the native people's I think it is probably the best bet.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: I've got one more shout out, guys. A little while back, we had a listener that called in. We talked to him a bit, and we purchased some of his maps, and I think we are all the proud owners now of the Map in Black, which is a very large, oversized map of the United States that shows cryptid sightings and like hot spots for certain cryptids and haunted places. Highly recommend it if you can afford it and you want to check it out. We are not sponsored by them, but it's just it's a neat resource to have if you're going on one of these trips like this, and for your second leg of the trip, that might be a good way to find some stuff to do.
Speaker 5: And to Ben's point about the weird America, so there are also like Atlas Obscura is really great, and any kind of roadside oddities.
Speaker 3: There's tons of them on these.
Speaker 5: Type of coastal drives that would maybe be outside of the scope of this conversation here, but like I think you could probably do a little bit of digging and find some neat places to stop along the way. But hopefully Savannah is a really cool place to spend a couple of days even And then outer Banks in general, I've heard wonderful things about have never been, but it's apparently quite beautiful in and of itself. And then you got the added conspiracy bonus of the Roanoke site.
Speaker 4: And this may be something we go into more detail in an email to you, Anonymous, but it will see on Aeron. I think this applies to everyone. If you have the time in a road trip in these great United States, do your best not to take the interstates, try to take the back roads. It's going to take longer, but you'll see more stuff. I'm a huge fan of that, and I'm also you know you have you all have a wealth of amazing weird things to see in your own locale of Orlando. I'm thinking back years ago. I believe it was a car stuff episode. I learned about the singing Runway of Orlando. This is not so much creepy, it's just really weird if you like urban exploration and abandoned stuff. In the nineteen seventies, Disney wanted to build a runway that would be like a peak Disney experience as soon as you landed or took off, and it didn't work out spoilers. The runway was shut down and abandoned and it's technically closed. But if you are if you get out that way in Orlando and you drive on this runway which is still around, at a speed higher than forty five miles an hour, it will play the song when you Wish upon a Star.
Speaker 3: No way, Yes, said.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's pretty neat. What have you run really fast?
Speaker 4: I don't know, play it at a slower speed tires or will it just play like a chopped and screwed version.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, let's circuit been that bad boy? Yeah, oh, there we go, circuit ending. I mean, I love that stuff. And there's so much I mean, of course, the Kennedy Space Center. I don't know how it is for people living in Orlando. I mean it's like Titusville is what an hour south of Orlando? So is it like how New Yorkers see the Statue of Liberty every day and they just never actually visit or you know, how excited are people about the Space Center? There are so many things. Yeah, we'll just have to we'll have to email you a list. And no, I think you did a fantastic job with those Savannah recommendations. Savannah is a place that has such beauty and history to it. It is also a very haunted place, whether or not you believe in ghost because the past and the present are palum sest.
Speaker 5: Well, let's take a quick pause and have a word more Sponsor and then come back with another mess from you.
Speaker 4: All right, we've returned. We're going to give you just a couple of quick ones here and one thing that really want the group opinion on, and then a little a nice little letter from home, So we're beginning ending with our neighbors to the north. Bob m writes to us and says, check out the link here, and Bob provides us a link. The RCMP, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Canada's federal police force, created this document that got obtained by a lawyer through Canada's version of a FOIA request an Access to Information Privacy actor a TIP request way better acronym. Parts of it have been heavily redacted. The audience is not the public. The audience is management of the RCMP. So this is like an internal memo leak. And if you want to read this, folks, and go to ctvnews dot Ca and you can read excerpts of this. Just check for the article secret RCMP Report Forecast Oblique Future in Canada by Daniel Otis. And guys, this has some pretty terrifying stuff in here. It confirms a lot of things that we have predicted mentioned on this show. A lot of our fellow conspiracy realists have talked with us about it, and a ton of our personal friends in Canada are experiencing this. But it's weird to hear a government document say it so bluntly that's what we'll say. Say it bluntly, so like, for instance, it was published in twenty twenty three and it says Canada is reaching the end of abundance. Future economic forecasts are bleak.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 4: The coming periods of recession will also accelerate the decline in living standards that the younger generations have already witnessed compared to earlier generations. It goes on to state, quote, many Canadians under thirty five are unlikely ever to be able to buy a place to live, Which is that's kind of weird for the government itself to be saying that, right, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, just being honest, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they're not being honest with the public. They're being honest with the management of the federal police force.
Speaker 2: Well, they're letting them know. Those folks are probably going to be a little peeved and watch out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Quote, law enforcement should anticipate that these destructive weather patterns they're talking about, how the climate's going to be ruined to will affect all facets of government, including damaged infrastructure, pressure to seed Arctic territory, and more. Social and political polarization fueled by misinformation campaigns and increasing mistrust for all democratic institutions. Basically, they told the bosses of the RCMP and doc please beat me here. I've been trying to be better at this, but they told the bosses of the FEDS, the federal police is going to hit the fan. Be ready, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I can't. It's weird because I can't fault any of this stuff. I see all of this coming too. And I and I'm just a lay person sitting here, you know, in Georgia, well in California right now. But I yeah, I mean, doesn't it feel like this is the future?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 4: It does, doesn't it. It feels it feels somewhat, you know, in a.
Speaker 3: Very bleak way.
Speaker 4: It feels validating because now it's not just us. We are not heads of government, but now heads of government are saying this stuff in an increasingly open way. And you, because this is out in the public now, you can read that redacted version of the report. Weirdly enough, if you look at it looks like a brochure. You know, it's got a little word bubbles for different categories of terrible things.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's heavily reacted, but it's only Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry is it? Can you talk more about how the report was created, like was it Are these experts coming through weighing in or are they analyzing stuff that's just written online.
Speaker 4: It's called Whole of Government five Year Trends for Canada. It's relatively short, it's nine pages, and because it's so redacted, it's a breeze to read and endeavoring to be positive. Yet they based this on what they call open source information from over twenty twenty two and they got this from law enforcement agencies, government agencies, private industry, private entities domestic and international. So what they're saying is they read everything they could that could apply to this. They're not claiming and maybe this is where the question was going. They're not claiming to have any top secret information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they don't know of specific things that are to come. They're forecasting what could potentially happen based on what you know experts are saying and observing.
Speaker 4: Right, Like most people currently can't predict the future, but if you are, if you have driven your car off a cliff, you can make some assumptions about what's going to happen next, right, because you know the present factors.
Speaker 2: So many of us have accidentally done that, so no I follow.
Speaker 5: The GPS into the lake like Michael Scott happened.
Speaker 4: But a good Bob says, it appears to be based on that open source information. However, the focus and conclusions are chilling, and that's only the parts they allowed to be released, and Bob signs off with Developed Nations had a good run, I guess, which is, we can't leave you like that without a dope beat the step two folks, So we're going to give you, We're going to give you something else. I think that was validating, hopefully for a lot of people to hear that some of the concerns that are coming out and being more and more mainstreamed, they are real. It's not just a bunch of people making up alarmist stuff. And I think it's important to remember that when we when we hear these things in the future. But to want to give you one more dark side thing. You guys, remember how Haley introduced us to that terrifying cult the two Y two's. Yeah, okay, I think we may have hit a little bit of a nerve because we're getting introduced to more strange cultic organizations and that's where Skeptical dark Horse comes in. You have my permission to read this on air if you wish, and you call me Skeptical dark Horse. Can you please do an episode on the soccer group s a c R. The Society for American Civic Renewal. I'm sure you've likely heard of this group.
Speaker 3: We have not.
Speaker 4: Membership is limited to elite Christian, heterosexual right wing nationalists.
Speaker 3: Delightful folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, final parties with the upcoming election and the group favoring a particular or an candidate. I think this is something important to help crack open. Thanks Roy, Do you guys listen daily? I appreciate you, Skeptical dark Horse. Now, you know, we were not getting into like the political ideology divide stuff unless it pertains to conspiracy. And first off, I'm pretty sure none of us had heard of this organization, right am?
Speaker 1: I correct?
Speaker 3: I have not. No, I have no sort of ones like it.
Speaker 4: We're already in no recollection territory. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, on record testimony, Yeah, the the Society for American Civic Renewal. We're learning a lot of this from an article that you hipped us to, Skeptical dark Horse, published in the Guardian by journalist Jason Wilson, and it is a biography or character sketch of a sort. It's titled The US Businessman is want to be Warlord of secret of far right Men's Network. And it's all about the guy, this guy named Charles Haywood, who also has financial ties with another institute, the Claremont Institute. They're weird. The guy Heywood himself seems to aspire to be a warlord after the collapse of the current American state. And if you go to their website, which the Guardian article links, it's like one page and it says our organization's goal is civilizational renaissance with strong leadership, committed to family and culture. Film a little bit Handmaid's Tale. It's a little bit, a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm going through the website now, let's see here. It's got a weird address.
Speaker 4: It really does archive dot. Oh well, this is the way the Guardian links it.
Speaker 3: I think too.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, yeah, I think that's that's so they could keep it stable in their article. But you can see the we fal see a nation building great projects of civic and cultural renaissance, a society with strong leadership, committed to family and culture, a society that nurtures rather than rejects virtue, a society that seeks the good and beautiful and abjures ideology that is sound and fury signifying nothing like how do you what do you define those words as?
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, slick malarkey, it's yep. There he goes the cenastasia. So the problem with this, at least in the opinion of its critics, is that they believe this is something they're calling palogenetic ultra nationalism, true fascism. In other words, that's from folks like Heidi Barrack, co founder of the Global Project on Hate and Extremism, And what they're worried about is that this group, which is a technically a nonprofit, maybe involved in creating organized secessionist forces like militias. It may be there, a may be a militia factory, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's got a really cool symbol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's spend some time on it.
Speaker 2: They call it the mark.
Speaker 3: Well you describe it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, That's how I judge my extremist groups is by the quality of their branding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the lower right. I mean, it's like when I'm picking that a bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: You know, I guess what I mean is like I can I don't know, I can imagine seeing that spray painted on walls or you know, emblazoned on a giant thing that gets unfurled on the capitol somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 3: It is true.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of times when I was abroad and just the nicest neighborhoods and you walk outside and you see somebody's just covered an area with swastikas and stuff like, Yeah, it happens, It happens. It could as our power. Robert Evans says, it could happen here. And this some of these claims in the article go to Heywood's own I don't know if it's fantasizing or if it's ambitious, actionable writing, but he talks about things that he calls armed patronage network, and they're saying the central authorities breakdown somehow, and so you have these franchised militias and then you know, you know, like a regional warlord, a capo, and then like you know, a megaboss warlord, which would be Heywood himself. Because usually when people write stuff like this they're putting themselves in that top slot. He says the following. At this moment, I preside over what amounts do then did quite sizable compound, which, when complete, I like to say accurately, will be impervious to anything but direct organized military attack.
Speaker 3: It requires a group.
Speaker 4: Of men to make it work. What I call shooters, say fifteen able bodied, adequately trained men who can operate my compound both defensively and administratively. Meanwhile, I have the personality and skills to lead such a group. I feel like whatever people say I'm the leader, they're kind of showing that they're not the leader, you know what I mean, the personality and the skills. I don't know. We know that there are a lot of separatist networks out there, and they're not necessarily all far right, to be fair, and they don't always work together. But the question that the current authorities always ask themselves is how serious are these people?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: How often are they going to go afk away from keyboard and get out there and do some of the stuff they're talking about? And I don't know, it feels like it's it feels like it gets really complicated really quickly because you don't want to impinge on people's rights, you know, if they want to live in a commune and they're not hurting anybody, and you should be able to do so. But I mean, what's the line? What happens? Can you just do? You just have to monitor these people and hope they don't escalate.
Speaker 2: Well, we need to join, guys. We can send an email to membership at s A c R dot us if we are quote interested in learning more. So, I think that's the first step.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it goes straight to to some people who just go by James or Joe in certain Virginia.
Speaker 2: It has a It is directly forwarded to Pixiecandle five seven two at gmail dot com. Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and with that, we want to hear your opinions too, folks. We want to hear how what the line is between people's rights or state surveillance. The current US government does have some very very big and very big and disturbing problems. Tell us also your favorite off the beaten path, strange attractions in the back roads your neck of the global woods. We'll end with one letter from home. Hey, gentlemen, longtime listener here, just wanted to let you know that you've all been particularly hilarious recently. I love your quick humor, easy banter and joyful laughs. Keep being awesome, Chelsea. Thank you, Chelsea are very very kind. I thought it'd be nice to end on like a book end of Canada.
Speaker 3: There love fast. Thank you Chelsea. That makes it. I think all of the worms are very cockles.
Speaker 4: And if you would like to, if you would like to join the show, we'd love to have you on air, and one way or another, we try to be easy to find online.
Speaker 3: It's right.
Speaker 5: You can find us at the handle Conspiracy Stuff where we exist on YouTube, on Facebook with our Facebook group Here's where it Gets Crazy, and on x FKA, Twitter, on Instagram and TikTok. We are Conspiracy Stuff Show.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to call us, call one eight three three STDWYTK. It's a voicemail system. Give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your message on the air. Them's the rules and the only rules. If you got more to say, they can fit in that three minutes. Why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 4: We are the folks who read every single email we get. Be well aware conspiracy realists. Sometimes the void writes back, give us the links. Never bothers us. If it's an essay, Go into as much or as little detail as you can. Take us to the edge of the rabbit hole. We will do the rest twenty four hours in the evening, seven days a night, seven days a weeknight.
Speaker 3: Never mind you, you're a silly ben.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Keep it all in conspiracyheartradio dot com Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.