Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 5: Plus.
Speaker 2: Coach Doc Rivers says the team isn't putting any extra pression on the team as they try to bounce back from a franchise lowest start in three decades. The worry is outside the building. I guarantee you that no dot, it's on the inside of the building. There's no there's none of out of the building. We will make the playoffs. I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 5: Well, that ain't the standard, Doc you got.
Speaker 2: Yannis one of the great Yannis is a two time league MVP, back to back, a Defensive Player of the Year and the Finals MVP, and he's probably been what jail four, five or six times first Team offense NBA consecutive.
Speaker 5: Dave Lillard is a top seventy five player.
Speaker 2: You got two top seventy five players, and you think the standard.
Speaker 5: Is for you just to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Anybody want to tell him that's not the statement, That's not what the expectation is for him. No, for real, because that's not even bro. You got, first of all, you got Chris Middleton right hurt right now saying you's on the team, but you got to You've got a situation to where you've got a great core. So what are you talking about? Just make the playoffs after winning the chip?
Speaker 5: It's checky.
Speaker 2: Now he gotta be careful because y'all, oh, y'all to say, y'all think that's all I want to do is just make the playoffs?
Speaker 5: Okay bye?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he liked that too, like his mentality, like with respect to a lot of these players, and I don't want to throw the name around loosely, but like as far as that mentality, he's got that, that that mamba, he got that one hundred percent. You can't tell him day in and day out, he's not gonna get better and he's not all about winning and him putting people in position that's going to help him win. If you're not about that, he's gonna get you up out of it.
Speaker 3: Straight like that.
Speaker 1: So any coach player, whoever it's gonna be, they gonna catch hell in Milwaukee whoever he at for sure, because he nots it's all about winning and it's all about getting better every single day.
Speaker 3: And Nashal, you gotta respect.
Speaker 2: Uh I said uh by Jannis that he got kid fired, and then somebody called me said no, shn and he did not get Jason Kidd fired.
Speaker 5: He wanted Jason Kidd to stay the organization.
Speaker 2: Fire kid, but but Budenholzer Adrian Griffin, Yeah he can really.
Speaker 5: Yeah he got to sign his name.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 1: I felt like he rocked with j Kidd from a standpoint because Jay Kidd taught him in the position because you think about it, when he first started pushing the ball and like really bringing the ball up, that was Jake Kidd and he had My guy John Welsh was with me in in Denver teaching a little bulldog.
Speaker 3: He a little throwover, shimmy crass.
Speaker 1: He gets to the lane, you're a step easy and it's just like you have a you have a first ball. When you got a coach like Jason kidd Is, ain't too many other people who's ever been in the position and played the position to do it better. So I feel like he put him in a position to succeed. But he also has the mentality to want to win immediately. A lot of coaches are just like, okay, cool. They look at it like, look, I got to throw a little three four year gig. I could throw this a little extension in here. After two three years, I could maxus out of like six seven, get fired, catch another gig, little assistant gig for a year.
Speaker 3: Like bro, that's a thirty year plan.
Speaker 1: Because for like you know, for people who for who look at it like that's a hustle.
Speaker 3: But for you know, for.
Speaker 1: A player to come back and to be a coach, he looking at that, ain't no hustle. That's a that's we're trying to win, Like I look at I mean, for me, I look at most player coaches like that in the sense of they don't come from the background of film and everything else and and statistics and numbers, and they looking at oh, we got to win every five out of seven games and others in order for me to keep my job now the player coach, he's trying to win every night.
Speaker 2: He don't look about tomorrow. Johannis has been mentioned among men trade rumors this week Switch. Do you believe ya is retire Buck?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 1: I think he retires a Milwaukee Buck, and I think he gets a statue before he done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think he retirees a Buck, but it'd be probably when he comes back to play there. Retired when he comes back, because if things continue to go the way they yard with losing as bad as he wants to win and and compete for and contend for another championship. At this rate, he started off losing, We're gonna force his hand man.
Speaker 1: They started off losing when he was dead. You got to think where he came from. Bro this name where I tell you I've seen his dude at eighteen, nineteen years old, at one hundred and forty five, soaking wet, like Buddy was nasty to work up to what he's got that whole franchise to be. There's no way you believe that you got the keys like and I think that a lot of players have done it a lot of players the way when he left Miami. Uh even mellow to an extent. When you give up those keys, CP, you give up those keys to the city, and then't like you start moving around and shoving around shit, you look, start looking shaky, You start looking like a bad joint. When the lights come on, like trying to search and see who brings you home. That's a tough that's a tough look. That's a tough looking Then you who wants that look? I don't want that on my jacket. Lights come on at the end of the night. I want to be situated already. I want to be over there looking at who at the bar right we're going the way out the door already.
Speaker 2: Speaking of trade rumors, Jimmy Butler has once again seen his name dragging to muffs multiple rumors as the NBA trade trade deadline slowly approaches. Paul Pierce chiming in on the matter and say it quickly shut down the idea of Butler joining a young team such as the Rockets. According to Pierce, he would much rather see Butler leave Miami in favor of a move to Milwaukee. I like Jimmy Butler on the team that can get over the top. I like Jimmy, Tim Milwaukee makes more sense to me. He could do that. He could be that missing piece at the age of thirty five. Do you need you need to take the pressure off of Jannison Dame?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 3: What'd you think?
Speaker 7: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 5: Go ahead on, Joe. That's that's your team, you like the Buck?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's my team. I mean, hold on, how are we giving up? How we giving up?
Speaker 6: Jimmy and Jimmy going to the Bucks to help out Giannis and Dame?
Speaker 7: What the hell we gonna get Chris Middleton?
Speaker 5: Y'all, y'all get some draft picks.
Speaker 6: So nah, don't put us behind the ball. Don't put us behind a ball. Give us something where we can continue to compete in the East.
Speaker 2: I think Jimmy, Jimmy wants a contract. I don't think Pat Riley because you know, Jimmy done missed a lot of time. You know, hey, Swisch, you know how Pat is Pat Harlot Pat old school?
Speaker 1: Ye, old school, especially as he think about Pat too, man, Pat, he moved with the times, but not really like he understands, like Bro, the money and inflation is gonna go up. It's gonna keep going up. But the money I give you this comes with responsibility. Now, the response, this comes with a lot of responsibility. And when you sign that deal with Pat, you gotta shake that man hand, look him in the eyes and like all right, I don't hear no enough. I got you, like really good fellas, like I got you. And the way if you you show him you ain't got him. That's a tough man. I don't want that.
Speaker 3: For real. But I don't like him.
Speaker 1: I don't like Jimmy to the Bucks though, because him and Nice I don't like that messh. Then you got h he gonna have to guard the ones and and Dame gonna switch off on Tuesday, put them in trouble on switching situations. I don't like it Ford for yann shooters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Jimmy's not a knocker.
Speaker 5: He didn't shoot. He don't need to.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, give me what's the uh? What's the what's your buddy? The ratchet down there? Uh? In day County the other one on the other one, Robinson, Duncan, Roberts, Duncan, Robinson, heydun, I ain't no buddy.
Speaker 3: Was that tall? He tall as her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like the sound six six. I don't like six five in the quarter, but like but he like he he, I'm like damn champ all right.
Speaker 2: And see they had the thing yips, remember they had They had a good little thing. But they had Grace Saler. Grace Snaller was a nice catching shoot. He played well for Grace. Allen's a good pick up man. He a little dirty, Yeah, he scrapped, He played defense. He did a little dirty stuff when he was in college. Oh okay, we forgive for that. He should have if somebody find okay.
Speaker 3: He ain't had nobody.
Speaker 1: I swear they lucky man, because they be catching the dirty place boy back in the day. They they used to catch me so bad. If you if I choose to try to like dip my elbow on the little screen, it wasn't even like dirty. It was just like to get over the screen.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: When I tell you, the Davis boys used to tear me up on these picks. Oh my god, they lucky.
Speaker 2: Uh Oko raight start pook in the col says he could play in the NBA with these I think it would be so easy to transition from the NFL to the NBA.
Speaker 5: Less than three months.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 6: I listen as much as I love I love Pook, I love my NFL players, especially the lead players at the at the NFL level, I don't.
Speaker 7: Think they understand and know.
Speaker 6: You go, you go to LA Fitness, you go to the to the rec center. Maybe you play with hoopers sometimes, maybe you play with tall player sometimes. I don't think they understand the difference and how good the not even the elite, some of the worst NBA players, how good they are once they're in an instruction environment. And it's disrespectful for Poole to be able to be able to say, you know what, I can come and transition.
Speaker 3: And things.
Speaker 7: Easy.
Speaker 6: Some dudes is good, man, even as good you may think you are. When you're playing against regular people, it's different. It's different. I I understand that because I ran with him for I ran with him. I ran with him in New York. What's the name of the gym there? Everybody work out in New York where they run five Yeah, man, listen, man, I thought I thought, I thought I can get out there because I'm I'm quick.
Speaker 7: You know I'm fast, and you know I'm twitchy. Man, I ain't had listen.
Speaker 6: I felt bad I felt embarrassed because I had no business out there, none of my ship was working.
Speaker 5: Ask you this.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, Oh Joe, when you say he can play, I ain't thinking. I don't think he's talking about he gonna go get fifteen. I think he said he gets some rebound, says some picks.
Speaker 6: I mean, I said, man, you come off a pick unless you got to be a real shooter like that, you know, come off and pick or something like that, come off a screen. But you man, listen, man, then you got them trees down there too, six nine six ten sixty, you got you got two. You got two that six six sixty seven. Man, you ain't doing nothing with that man. You ain't doing nothing with that man at all unless you special and he don't have that kind of you don't have that kind of that kind of talent like a job Morna or Russell Westbrook where you're just gonna blow by people, you know, based off skill set.
Speaker 7: DNA.
Speaker 5: Now, he got a.
Speaker 2: Nice little game. He was. He was on my team in Celebrity Off Star Game. He got a nice little game. No, I ain't say he got no NBA game day.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just making sure. Now, that's what I said. Against regular people.
Speaker 5: He looked good. Yeah, he gets you three or four rebounds or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I ain't said the bago go out there and hit like four five threes.
Speaker 1: What's the Let me ask you this, because what's the what you think is the easier transition.
Speaker 5: Or either transition is basketball or football?
Speaker 3: You think? So why you say that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because no, no, no, no. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Normally, guys that transition they play football. You don't see no football players say, you know what. Uh, Charlie Ward did Charlie. But Charlie Ward played football and basketball in college. And it's usually a lot of guys that transitioned. Tony Gunzales played football and basketball to Julius Peppers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think the thing is is that it all depends on the position. A lot of times you go to your tight end Jimmy Graham or you being a D lineman mm hmm, well you ain't paying little wire receiver playing litt dB.
Speaker 3: See. That's my thing.
Speaker 1: When I told me that when I was getting recruited in the high school and they told me, said, my cousin went to Miami, right, So he ended up playing. He's playing uh and and shit. So I'm like, all right, cool, he said, Man, look cause I ain't gonna lie. The last couple of cats they brought down here, that was our side. They made tight ends. I said, listen, Bro, I holler at y'all, I ain't playing on tight end. Dog, I ain't blocking. I ain't doing none of that. Holl aint, I gotta put on another forty five I twenty like, no, dog, I'm not doing that. Oh, y'all, they put you to be good. They put twenty pound on you. You behead im straight. I ain't blocking nobody.
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 1: Y'all got saw y'all got see. That's the difference for me, see for football to basketball, and intellectually, y'all are way smarter than what y'all see y'all be in these meetings. Y'all know all the plays y'all got put a book this long. Bro, I've been on teams with dudes. We got ten players. They don't know nothing like, Bro, we just got I'm sawing, bro, y'all got to know two hundred players. I've been on teams like, yo, Bro, you good like because we just ran this play all day long and you don't know it like you come on dog.
Speaker 2: Oh now we do have some guys. We had a running back. I called it you, I called it simple.
Speaker 3: We got. I got a bunch of can't get right. I'm telling you right now, Bro, I.
Speaker 2: Say, Bro, ain't no I said, ain't no way, ain't no way. We just we come out of the meeting, We come out of the meetings, wish put on shoes, go on the field.
Speaker 7: You forgot already that fast?
Speaker 5: What did somebody ever RaSE your memory on the way out there? This more fault? Ain't no way? Oh ya?
Speaker 2: We literally I'm talking about there was a probably a five minute gap from the time we got out of the meetings, put our jerseys on, put cleats on, and went on the field.
Speaker 7: He done forgot.
Speaker 2: He don't blow everything, every everything he got. He running a rout when he's supposed to block, He blocked when he's supposed to scap protect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some dudes coming out of the timeouts, especially in the crunch. Oh my god, in New York, they used to find you thousand dollars you mess up the play coming out of the timeout. That's a thousand dollars straight up. I said, Lord, have mercy. That's that's what blew my mind. Like for y'all be in there fur or five hours, like, bro, what's taking so long?
Speaker 3: Fam?
Speaker 1: Like you lyth weights, you got practice, you run through your plays, but then you watch film for hours?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we can't watch film going to sleep? You watch a film for hours, Hey, Jaya, That's what got me to leave.
Speaker 3: I could.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't do it no more. Because I had heard the plays. I knew the offense Bruck was in backwards. I knew what I was supposed to do. I knew what the z was supposed to do, the egg was supposed to do, the why I'm playing Tiger in the two sights set, so obviously I know why. I know what the Tiger's supposed to do. I know what y'all did protection where they supposed to lose it, where they supposed to rip it, the sketch. It just got so old, man, I just like, I just couldn't do it no more.
Speaker 5: I hate me. I still hate mee this to this day.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I was talking to log Man the Hall of Famer. You know what I'm saying, just got in and he was talking like while he retired, and like one of his reasons was like, man, it's just the locker room just got too young for me. Like where I come from a culture to where ain't no ain't no phones in the locker room. They come in there on Instagram, they on this. And then on that halftime he was like, bro, where I come from, that's a no no. Like you we put hands on you if you like not, if you if you look this interested in what we got going on, I'm like, damn, it's like that.
Speaker 2: He's like, no for real, Because see I came into the lead JR. The cell phone was just starting to just starting to be a thing. Back then, minutes was like five six dollars a minute, So there wasn't a whole lot of guys making that kind of money that can have a cell phone. And then you know, as it started to get we started to get to like the med nineties until like the late end of the nightties. Then everybody started getting a cell phone. But proud of that we had the phone. We had like four community phones. You could just press nine and you could dial out right ten minute meetings. You know, we get a break for a meeting. You would think somebody was an emergency call. They running, I'm like, who are you talking to? And I'm talking to my girl? And I hang up? Bro, what do you think she doing? Where do you think she? You at you at work and you wonder why, but you quick the holler. Coach don't like me? Coach messed over with me. I ain't playing. This is why your ass ain't playing, cause you don't know what the f you're supposed to do. Every time I said, every time you ask me what you're supposed to do, I'm a yelling line. Hey, coach, he asked me what he's supposed to do?
Speaker 5: What he got? I would tell him you. I would tell on you.
Speaker 2: I would dive your hands out because you sitting in the same meeting. I'm sitting there, but your mind somewhere else because it don't hurt you, it hurt us.
Speaker 5: But we gotta put your ass in the game. Now you don't know.
Speaker 2: What to do, and everybody, why aren't you tell him he was in the same meeting.
Speaker 1: I was in sure that she used to piss me off, Like, Bro, you right if you were my spot and then when you come in in my spot, and you know, and you're not where you're supposed to be. And I need a little breather, And they got an a switch come back bruh.
Speaker 2: In practice, Hey, I get back, I said, you know, I would get me a blow o choe, I would get old mill d.
Speaker 5: I would be back there, horse jab sean, get back here. What happened? He don't know that? Oh Lord, have mercy?
Speaker 2: How do you not know what to do? You got one job? I said, Do you move like? I mean, you got another job? I don't know about bro. It's just and that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Then, guys, when you realize that a lot of guys just don't care. They like everything about the sport except playing the damn sport. They like the money, they like the girls, they like their tension, they like the clubs, they like the cars. They don't like football. They like all the stuff that comes along with being an NFL player. The man waiting for that. A twenty five year old woman is going viral explaining her day with a forty five year old.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, if I guy.
Speaker 2: Five forty five, you know twenty years death, you know a a K I can rock with that. Check us out on Joe and Swich. A twenty five year old woman is going viral explaining her day with a forty five year old who left one hundred dollars on the table and walked out. He told him she wanted to go to a steakhouse. He took her to Eddy V's and V's in Nashville. They are far Eddy V's, but I do want to Nashville. That's not here nor there. She ordered lamb chops, oyster and crab fried rice after he only ordered to drink. Told the cost of her meal one hundred and fifty nine dollars. You could hear her tell him, this is usually how I order. She paid the rest of the bill after he left one hundred dollars and walked out.
Speaker 3: Already know which already know. I ain't mad at her. I ain't mad at them that way.
Speaker 1: This is the first time they going out. Yeah, I ain't maty buddy, Yeah that it was the first day. It was the first day, and the last.
Speaker 7: Man listen.
Speaker 5: Off the rip.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I was just gonna say that. And most of the time it's fellas out. It's dudes out here, probably that she's been with before and it's taken out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: It's all about showing out.
Speaker 6: It's all about showing on the first date, because you know, first impressions of everything, and you got it, really and how do you really women in by doing all the craziness in the beginning, The more the crazy you are in the beginning with spoiling and spending a lot of money. The easy is get to get to your end goal. And that's all to come down to it. It's all a goddamn game, man, But you start and that game is women the pulling off ship like this.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. If I but swiitch hare the thing? Check o Joe. Let me ask y'all this.
Speaker 2: If if I take somebody on the first or second date and I get a private plane, what I got to do next? Get the space shuttle? What the hell I go from there? If I'm getting you lobster, if I'm getting you pull on, if I'm getting you lamb chops and oysters. Not granted, we're in different tax brackets, okay, but I'm saying the average guy right ain't got red like that? Okay, we you know, we get your seatpood towel to call four five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, we get X, Y and Z, that's one thing.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying at the seafool Tower, they got they got like four or five lofter tail, they got crab flaws, they got scallops, they got oysters, they got shrimps, whatever.
Speaker 7: What was the price. What was the price? You said it costs.
Speaker 5: Probably about three fifty four hundred.
Speaker 7: Man, y'all, y'all got damn here, man.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. But o Joe, But that's what I'm saying on the first date. If you do that on the first date, where do you go from there?
Speaker 3: No? No, I can't. No, they can't go. You ain't nowhere to go. You gotta go to the moon, is.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Fab.
Speaker 5: How about we start with something.
Speaker 2: How about we start with something you know, I ain't no, I ain't no sushi, So ain't no sense of me going there because I ain't go lead it. But can we go to like some like American cuisine? Okay, you know they got burgers, or they got some fizz, they got some salmon, you know, they got you know, they got a group where they got some type of fish. You know what I'm saying over soap, I can't. Can we start ribs or can we start there? Let's start going to the state. And you know the steak of uh uh market price. When you start seeing something with market price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what it is. Now, you gotta you gotta, you gotta take it real old school. Nowadays, you gotta see what they're really in for, and you gotta take them on. A couple of picnics, pack of some smokers, peanut butter jelly sandwiches or something.
Speaker 5: You know, I mean the crustable. I ain't making the crustable.
Speaker 1: Give me a couple of us, you know what I'm saying. A couple of ice teas, little Arnold Palmers and the joint. I gotta said, we really liked me. A couple of bags of skills or something. You see where we're at first. Yeah, I'm a simple guy, even window Okay, what we're doing. You use me for the ride, I use you for the hide the pay, I use you for a day. I mean, even swap.
Speaker 3: Can't be I popped the back of the trunk with conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm looking if you're trying to be a sponsor, if you're trying to be you trying to be a partner or you're trying to get sponsored.
Speaker 3: Hold On, I just need hold on.
Speaker 7: I got to you, hold on, let me hold on, hold.
Speaker 1: On, wish I just need hey. I can be either one. I just need to know. I feel you, cause I gotta know. I don't blow them and don't leave it up to me because I'm gonna think the other way immediately. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no I ain't got no problem with you. That's that's what you're trying to do. But I'm gonna try to do what I'm trying to know.
Speaker 3: Don't get mad.
Speaker 6: Damn, I'm gonna put I'm gonna put that with him a note on my phone, trying to be a smile, trying to what it was, trying to be a spark with you.
Speaker 5: You're trying to be a partner, trying to be sponsored.
Speaker 3: That's for real, though, that's for real. That's a lot of it's a lot of ones looking for sponsors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, I understand. I look like I said, I'm a little older than I old Joe, so you know what I'm saying. But see, here is the thing Kick told me, she said. The reason why older men like younger women, they say, she said, a guy told her, as we get older, ain't nothing wrong with our eyes what.
Speaker 5: We like when we was in that age group, we still like them.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no problem. I don't got no problem. I ain't got no problem. Whatever, whatever, whatever we decide to do, let's do that. If you say, Shannon, this is what it is, let me decide. I'm gonna tell you what it is. Yeah, listen.
Speaker 1: Exchange, and that's where I think we're getting in this misgan screw like one out weighs the other. This is even, this is very equal exchange.
Speaker 2: Even swap can't ever be a swindle. And oh, Jo, look if you got if you got, if you got grain and I got cowd that can produce, Okay, Oh I need some grain. Okay, I need milk. Okay he was swapped. But now all of a sudden you come down there with some bulljy. Oh no, hell, now you got no grain, but you want all this milk. Hold love, baby, heldo, held on many baby, and listen and you read.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I ain't honestly about no headaches. I ain't about no headaches. I'm gonna I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Right by.
Speaker 6: Hey, you understand ninety percent of time you got all the milk. Ain't nobody got no grain. You just motherfuck milk.
Speaker 2: So I'll go to bring something to the party time. Yes, yes, how about this, O Joe, bring something to the picnic besides you, please?
Speaker 7: That's it?
Speaker 2: Can you bring Can you bring plastic for us? Can you bring that? Can you bring? Bring something other than your out? I'm not saying. I'm not saying you got to have. You know, you got to have the most elaborate bread. But just bring something. Hey, you go to somebody house, Oh Joe, you can't just show up. Hey, how y'all doing? And you ain't got nothing? Plates? Raise some cup plates? Hey, check be like it?
Speaker 3: Break something? Orders?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring something? We don't We done got to the point now we show up the people. How it's just because it's our presence. Hey, how y'all doing? What y'all got? No, we ain't doing nothing. We ain't doing nothing. Matter of fact, you know we doing something. Run Hey, we need some ice. I higher at you in a minute.
Speaker 5: And so a lot of the times they would be showing up with huh, I think that's enough.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, you know sometimes that is all this enough? What are they advertising everywhere? What are they advertising everywhere?
Speaker 3: That's all they got?
Speaker 6: Everybody, hold on, everybody, Everybody turned backwards, everybody turned to the side, using the sink to make it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Letters, that's it, that's all, that's all, that's all there is.
Speaker 5: I see, I see you.
Speaker 7: I ask, how do you catch your attention?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 7: How do you catch your attention?
Speaker 6: The most valuable thing you have to offer is what you advertise you just.
Speaker 7: Like just like a man. If a man got money, it was the first thing he advertised he got what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, hey, even what you said, even even exchange ain't no where how.
Speaker 5: You said, even swap ain't no swindle.
Speaker 7: But you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: The game is catching the man, catching the man, catching the marling. Ain't the problem You're getting that suck into the boat. Yeah, the man ain't no issue.
Speaker 5: Can you land him?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you can land him. But he's gonna be gonna throw you out. He's gonna throw you back out into the sea.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm just gonna keep jumping till I get back to the wall.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna I ain't gonna stop jumping, oh Joe, looking like I said, I'm in a situation now.
Speaker 2: I mean when I ain't have a whole lot of money. Knock on wood, I only have one situation with somebody. I thought somebody was trying to take advantage me when it came to eating. But now I got some bread. Okay, you know, hey, we go to a nice restaurant. I mean, but you ain't about to fit. You ain't about to get no kobe. You ain't about to find nothing that calls one hundred dollars hour, one hundred dollars an ounce.
Speaker 5: Oh hell no, I.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna lie. I walked out on John one time like that. I was in New York at a steakhouse. She was just ordering it up, ordering it up. I went straight to the bar. I told the dude, I said, look, man, there's two hundred for these two drinks, and I'm just go ahead slide.
Speaker 3: He said, okay, hit me. About an hour later, where you at? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I ain't never went back. I'm not doing all that. You ordering all this wine and you don't even drink wine. All of a sudden, you you a solid. They do that to you, you got all that you because you don't even you ain't even acting the same you from when I met you. You was a chick from the roundaway from the bronx. Now all of a sudden, you ginny from the block. I ain't, no, bro, I ain't got time for that. I ain't got time for that. See see what you don started?
Speaker 5: O joke? I started?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 6: I don't even put myself in these situations like that. I don't play that ship, no, sir.
Speaker 5: Two dollars should be a nice little meal.
Speaker 7: Who American dollars?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, y'all and everything on chow.
Speaker 2: I'm good, stay okay, steaky call fifty, I gotta stay caught fifty.
Speaker 1: She get two drinks. I'm drinking ginger real more time than not. She'd probably be you know, she ain't gonna want no dessert.
Speaker 7: I'm cool.
Speaker 2: Two hundred for the thing. Get get a leave a timp. Okay, two fifty, nah, I still leave. May get a guy thirty dollars to bring my car around. I'm out, okay, I'm about to eighty three hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, listen, you have to you have to stand and then and then is you a nasty k Okay, I might go if I think she's a nasty k, I go to I go to four hundred mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying, ohoe, what's the what's the what's the what's your what's your cat bracket? What's the budget?
Speaker 7: But you know, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't eat at those places that you got to talk about my places. I mean I could be honest. We family and and those of you that you know in the chat, especially if you follow me. You know my stuff. It is always the same. You know my Bahama Breeze I got. I love my Longhorn, I like Brimstone. I have a Cuban spot that I frequent all the time. So the places I like the frequent and go to dinner.
Speaker 7: Aren't like that.
Speaker 1: So if you spend this list the worst they bringing out sparklers and everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, matter of fact, Now you have to think about date night, date night when when I well, i'm single now, when I wasn't single and date night now, then that's when I was introduced to you know, different types of foods that I didn't eat before. And then now we talk about a dinner might be one hundred and fifty maybe twenty dollars.
Speaker 7: Outside of that, it was nothing.
Speaker 6: It's something that I don't do in the normal, so I'm not used to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think if you get out of there jail, honestly, I think if you get out there with you know, she's gonna she's gonna get two drinks at least I'm hoping, uh to drinks.
Speaker 3: That's the hunting for sure. Your douff is a little too good.
Speaker 5: Why he.
Speaker 3: Drink the firty dollars straight.
Speaker 5: Up cottails like thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: Lean right there, go to the liquors. But she don't.
Speaker 2: She don't polish that off before we even got the meal. Now, if you could a appetizer, you get one, she get one. Boom, that's another appetizer, gonna be at least somewhere between twenty and thirty dollars.
Speaker 5: So you get two.
Speaker 2: That's sixty plus her drink, ninety plus my gingerrell, which is ten.
Speaker 5: That's one hundred dollars right there. And we ain't even got to the entree.
Speaker 3: And I ain't gonna lie, man.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the times or the numbers is going up, but it just seemed like they drink faster than they used to. Those two drinks go a little faster than they used to, but they come back before you know, it's like, oh, can I have one more? I just have one more? You said that three drinks a good damn ron, Hey and lower you to hey, lower you that drive? Hey you ubering? Hey, we getting on. I said, I can't do a sloppy situation. That's that's the quickest way to get me off off your off your line.
Speaker 3: You come, I ain't got a time.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 2: Can't no no, no, no, no yeah oh no oh.
Speaker 3: Mm hm. Put you on a minimum. Put you on two three drink minimum now for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think most women can handle too. I think that's now they got something that a two man can drink.
Speaker 5: These things. I'm like, yeah, okay, now I'm playing in my escape.
Speaker 3: Wrestling.
Speaker 1: I playing Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa girl? You more woman?
Speaker 2: I want to be mad drinking seven of these things? Oh hell noh mm hmmm mm hmm no hell. Now, like I said, y, I'm like you jo, you getting too drankes.
Speaker 1: We gotta get you the minimum I got and I gotta make sure. I gotta see what you're drinking too, because they go order that two hundred dollars the killer and thinking they're doing that zoo and.
Speaker 3: And all that and no no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Oh look it was reposento from uh cosamigos. Don't like that now, And now all of a sudden, you no, no, no, no, no no no, this ain't that. You know, Hey, hey, get a get a limit drop Politan.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, hey, get hey one or two limit drop or Cosmo drinking. I mean, sometimes women don't got the way they do they drinking. Okay, okay, okay, I feel you.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the hell y'all talking about.
Speaker 1: Man, it's like a good stick, that's all. It's just like a good They just drinking faster.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: But hey, that's it. Two drinks loto, they get paying. Hey, I want can I get one more?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 1: That's why for I go the wine like, because I'd rather just spend I'd rather spend a hundred and one hundred and twenty on the wine. Get it you a nice good bottle of red. You're gonna get four glasses. I get two glasses you get two glasses with everybody's satisfied, and it's gonna last throughout the whole un right, but you sitting here doing drinks and this and that, and then you before you know, they get that vodka something up in and they like, now I'm trying to get you to chill mellow while we're gonna go ahead and go to the crib, have a nice little night all that.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no, no, no, no, I ain't doing nothing. God, I ain't good like I used to see.
Speaker 5: See I would you gotta chill you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get you know, when you get your situation work the five boom.
Speaker 3: You see fix your body, my coach.
Speaker 5: Let let it be like I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Listen, we found right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The the longer, the longer, how do you how do I say it?
Speaker 5: The longer you're apart, the hard to get back.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I mean no that, I mean not not even that.
Speaker 6: It's just like it's becoming like like man.
Speaker 3: Fuck it.
Speaker 6: Like the longer you know, when when it's something that's always always constant, constant, constant, you have it all the time, and the longer it's prolonged and it just comes like many I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I feel you. I'm listening to man, that's tough. That's a tough situation. Man, man working night year, don't I was about to saying, let me ask you this, this is rectifile.
Speaker 3: Everything is I can't say that me personally, I don't have that in me.
Speaker 7: You don't think every everything.
Speaker 6: That's a good question. Let me let me let me ask you something. So you what what isn't rectified in your eyes?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 7: What can what can happen with?
Speaker 6: Like if she does this this a B and C A B or C, you know what, that's a rap.
Speaker 7: We can't do nothing more.
Speaker 1: For me if if I felt like I can't trust you and you just define my trust with and it's layers to that, like it's a it's like telling a lie if there's a white lie and.
Speaker 3: Then then you know there's a lie. You know that's just that's just overcrossing and ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And for me, I feel like people have a good like the person I picked, they got a good conscience to know what I what I'm standing for and what I'm not standing for. So you crossed that line, and I felt like you knew what you was in you know how I wrow, so you know right you it was. It would never be a situation to where you're gonna come tell me what happened if it ain't that, if you, if you, if you put yourself in a position to where you feel like you can't come tell me, you can't tell me that we we never was with what I thought we was, and we should stop right now for me, me personally, because I trust too hard and I love it too hard for you for you to be playing with me on the way that you that I feel about you, that you don't feel about me.
Speaker 6: So have you ever since you've been dating when when you've dated before, and you've been in love with these you know individuals, and a woman that's made a mistake where you've lost her trust, do you ever give her any grace or once once?
Speaker 7: Once you cross that line, it's it, that's it.
Speaker 3: And I got burnt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got burnt crazy with my homie too, like my my man. We was in Vegas at the same time. Austin are popped up in the room. I'm here in the room, I'm walking in there.
Speaker 3: Go see my little joint here in there with her, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: Woa, yeah, yeah after I.
Speaker 3: Already with so I was like, okay, so you know what savage, that's what we are, that's what we do with I'm a savage now.
Speaker 1: That's what I gotta that's what that's what you turned me into. And I hate, I hate to use that as like somebody fuel put that energy in my back. But yeah, that's what after. When I seen that. When I was young, I was like twenty, I got drafted, I was eighteen. I was twenty, like young man into the league. It's like my second third year. I was like, okay, this is how they really moved. And I was like, all right, bet oh yeah, this is this is the game plan.
Speaker 7: You don't you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't.
Speaker 6: You don't learn the game until you've been in for a few years with great understanding.
Speaker 2: Okay, you start saying and you got to ask her, Like when you go a situation, you gotta go ask some of the best, Hey, what's up, what's up with her?
Speaker 5: Oh man, and blah blah blah that what's up with her?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, because the best no, and for the most part, they ain't gonna you know, sometimes, you know, you stumble up.
Speaker 5: On one and they won't it, and they're gonna try to salt you up.
Speaker 1: But a lot of hating ass bets. Man, I was saying she was bad too. I stumbled up on it.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, I stumbled up on one. You know, everyone for a while. Every once in a while, allan canna find a whole chicken in the trash. He ain't gonna always find scraps. I struck. I stumbled up, stumbled.
Speaker 5: Up on one.
Speaker 3: O joke.
Speaker 2: I made a mistake. I was cool with dude because he played with my brother, So I thought I coul you know, yeah, man, you know I've been seeing how I've been, you know.
Speaker 5: So he gonna jo try to backd me.
Speaker 7: Oh not the front door. He went through the back door.
Speaker 1: Back door, chant this out. No, he told the girl he did what he told him.
Speaker 2: Oh, you gonna f him and you ain't gonna give me no who oh hell yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's the oldest checking the book. That's that's for years. That shit still happens, dog what years.
Speaker 5: Each Oh? Oh, have the thing to talk it off?
Speaker 1: O yoke.
Speaker 5: He probably gonna be on the team next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I swear that was right there.
Speaker 5: I swear.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be out the league. He's gonna be broke, he's gonna get this of thing, damn Chap.
Speaker 2: Because here is the thing though, oh Joe, the thing about like out all, there's no situation of all of every but a lot of times, even if you cool with a check and y'all leave on somewhat good terms, if somebody come, try to on your.
Speaker 5: Team, come, try to holler and say something.
Speaker 1: All about you. You know, she'll tell you every time too, even if you're in a whole other situation the cool with it and everything everything good. They're gonna let you know for sure. Oh she she told me I had a dude to college. He ain't gonna try to Hey.
Speaker 5: Ain't you cool? Ain't you cool with shot? It ain't like that.
Speaker 6: Really due hey, matter of fact, Hey, hey Jay and and and uh you know, I mean we we we we. This is a great topic. This is barber shop. This is basically how the locker room is. Anyway you ever been with somebody, If you ever been with somebody, and in general, based on your experience, and y'all were together and what happened?
Speaker 7: Do you do you do you give them.
Speaker 6: Grace if they step out on y'all based on what you're talking about, because Jay, you said, if trust is if trust is broken and you can't trust them all, do you give grace or you like you out the dough what you think you out the door?
Speaker 3: How do you?
Speaker 7: How do y'all operate based on man?
Speaker 6: For me, you gotta think about it when when y'all was playing Jay, when you was playing the individuals that are trying to talk to the women you with are those that have money just like.
Speaker 1: You, just as much moneys you got, yes money.
Speaker 6: So the chances of them actually being loyal it is, I don't want to see it. It's even because depending who's asking, depending who's on who's asking, your.
Speaker 7: Girl listening, No, for sure, hold on, you're not you know.
Speaker 6: Let me let me say this again, depending on who's asking, even if she's.
Speaker 7: With you girl a single, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you gotta think.
Speaker 6: And I think I think, I think, I think the casual people in the chat probably wouldn't understand. But if you're in that world, if you're in that world, she gone, thank y'all.
Speaker 3: You I went to the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: For the most part, ninety five percent of the time. You're absolutely right on your big bag. That's why you see, that's why you see big corporations gobble up a little corporations.
Speaker 1: An All Star Game in Houston, right, And that was my second year. It's my third, no, my third years in Vegas and second years in Houston.
Speaker 3: So I go to Houston.
Speaker 1: I bring this, have my first little quote unquote video vixing little chick, little uh Smooth magazine covered a little gioint.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: I mean I got one. I'm calling the homewies back. Yeah, I kind of yeah, I kind it. Take it to the game and everything. I take it to the game. My seats wasn't like that. I'm still first year kind of guy. So I'm like fifteen twenty rows up. So he chopping it up, kicking it. Halftime comes out, somebody right.
Speaker 3: Back, never come back, halftime, come back. She said. On the court side with big Home, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh at the game, like, let me be a court right there with the big dude, big yeah, that dad like booty in the cemetery, straight up, straight up levy right there standing.
Speaker 3: But then they give you another story.
Speaker 1: So for me and my teammates, I had a teammate who's bet like his man is right, is right here? Man on the same on the we're all on the same team, basketball team, real live pro team. He go, when we go out of town, my man's homeboy taps my home his man wife when we on the road. Yeah, it gets funky, bro, shunky.
Speaker 5: No you know what you know? No, no, but here know what it is. Gil.
Speaker 2: The thing is is that I'm not married to him. I'm married to her. Now, that's my homeboy. Now see to me, because I ain't got a whole lot of homeboys for my homeboy to do that. And after I allowed you in my home, I'm gonna uf you up. Bro, I ain't even lie. Hold on, it's a disrespect.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 7: But the disrespect is with the women in that in that scenario, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I would my homeboy. What's your homeboy name? The one that you grew up with the Liberty City.
Speaker 1: Shocking, thank you your situation.
Speaker 2: You hey, you out of town. You trusted around your people. They go out there and they try to they smash. Come on, man, hey, I'm done with her. But I got something for him.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm talking about the teammate Joe liked. We we were on the same team. Were all three of us on the same team. We were going to road, Old Joe, Man, how my lady he in my house with my lady when we on the road.
Speaker 2: Oh oh see that that's see now now yeh see that now, see that's that's ultra different.
Speaker 5: Now. Now you're talking about somebody, somebody we need now.
Speaker 2: Now somebody letting doves go on something?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: What you mean? O? Yo?
Speaker 1: People will killed. But that's crime of passion. Do you understand? People get off of stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Man, what what I told you about?
Speaker 5: What I told you?
Speaker 7: What I told you about manager expectations?
Speaker 2: Right, oh, Joe, you don't manage expectations what they want you committed. You ain't manage expect If you got to manage your expectations with a wife, Why did y'all even get married? Why do y'all Why did y'all say those vow It ain't no managing.
Speaker 5: If you want to manage it, take you with a girlfriend.
Speaker 7: I get that, okay, okay, right? Why I forgot the white card? I forgot I forgot I forgot the white man state.
Speaker 2: Look man, look here, women that are married, Look here, man, y'all got to know who y'all dealing with.
Speaker 5: Because everybody don't handle rejection on the side.
Speaker 1: So I understand them for the women to snap when they man out here tripping. So it goes both ways. I don't want women to think like, oh, were on one side. No, it goes regardless. If you get caught in that situation, I ain't coming I ain't coming up, and I'm not coming up in no man's house, No sir, you you oh Joe, You go up in a man's house, you know a man lived there, you know that's his wife.
Speaker 5: Anything that happens to you after that, I'm.
Speaker 3: Okay with straight up, No hell yeah, anything.
Speaker 2: Anything the same I feel about when you fit on somebody. See you get to control your actions. You don't get to control the consequences of your actions. So you walk your hands up in that man's house. You know, black women talking about I ain't know he was married. That man got a photo beans with a car seat in the back. What the hell you think?
Speaker 1: Posters around pictures, posters, what dude?
Speaker 2: What not?
Speaker 1: What? None?
Speaker 5: Married dude riding a round with a car seat.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's a dirty game, man.
Speaker 1: Man, stop it, Oh Joe, I don't. I don't play. That's one thing you not.
Speaker 5: I joke. You know me, and you joke back and forth, and I joke.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't joke with I don't joke about nobody's because I don't have I don't have too many situations about hometown where people have hurt somebody.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's all about knowing no disrespect to those situations. And and this is fellas for you in the chat. All you have to do is pay attention to who you're dealing with and understand who you're dealing with early. Then you never get mad. You never get mad. You'll be disappointed. Sometimes you'll be disappointed. You'll be you'll be disappointed because sometimes you grow to love an individual. Sometimes sometimes those red flags they look green sometimes depending on who it is. You know, when you understand exactly, when you understand exactly who you're dealing with, you just at some point that the tables are gonna turn. My granddad used to say way back in the day, boy, well, I want you to always remember the same way you got them in the same way you're gonna lose them.
Speaker 7: It always plays out that way, every time.
Speaker 5: Always.
Speaker 1: I don't want to I don't want that. I don't want that. Look, I don't want that kind of lose. I don't want to lose them like that. Ain't trying to lose myself like that because I'm gonna being behind some bars. I ain't gonna no no, no, no, no, no no no. Yeah, you gotta be yeah, you gotta be careful, you do. But boy A, well, I love boy A for that pain.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you don't play on what.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 7: I ain't. I ain't.
Speaker 6: I ain't experienced that kind of hurt like y'all. I can see your face, I can see I can see the passion when you when you rose up off that goddamn chair. Oh y'all, boy I'm telling you, I don't never want to feel that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Man, look, I never want to feel that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how bad it was till my brother and sister called, say you need me to come out there?
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: My sister never called my brother. Never my brother calls a bro, you need me now, I'm gonna be alright, he asked me again. I hung the phone up.
Speaker 5: With him.
Speaker 2: He called me back FaceTime. That's the only time my brother's ever called me FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Only time.
Speaker 2: I've never talked to my sister FaceTime. Only one time my brother called me FaceTime. He said, look at me and tell me you're gonna be okay. I said what we always say, mayor Porter raised three the hard way. I'm good. He hung the phone up. I gave him my word, I was good. I gave my sister my word.
Speaker 5: I was good.
Speaker 2: I might lie in my life. I lied to a lot of people. I ain't only see any tell you I haven't. Yeah, I ain't never lied to them too, mo, folks. I told him I was good. I had to be good. How you got over that? It wasn't easy, oh Joe. I ain't only like easy.
Speaker 3: Time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, And it took you a while to get over. I got better at dealing with it.
Speaker 5: See. The quickest way to get over one woman is to get on another one.
Speaker 2: I'll I got a fund of another one. But nah, and all that, in all seriousness, it took.
Speaker 5: It took.
Speaker 2: It took a while, little joke. It was tough because when you be with someone for a length of time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: And let you know, it's funny even when you be with somebody for a long time, and even if you do get up on another woman, that post nut clarity, when it sets in and that temporary satisfaction, it goes the way that pain.
Speaker 7: See you break back in.
Speaker 5: It, reality hits again.
Speaker 2: Because you know what happened, though, Joe. You find yourself questioning yourself, do I like this person? Or am I trying to get over that person?
Speaker 7: Trying to get over And.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it's I think I don't think it's a real question. I think you know you're trying to get over on and you like, you know what I'm saying. It's almost like he's tricking yourself into.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, and I say, and it's not It's not fair.
Speaker 1: To at all at all. I fell into situation a few times for real. That's that's just not fair. And it's selfish as hell because we all get trapped up in our own ship and by the end of the day you've got to be mad enough to own it and tell them and be like, yo, listen, yeah, this is what I got.
Speaker 3: I got caught up.
Speaker 1: This is this is not where asked what you thought it was or how fast, Like, listen, I'm coming from a situation X, Y and Z and it's tough, bro. I ain't gonna lie man, Like I left my mom, my wife's kids, my ex wife and her I got three we got three kids together. Man, when I left home, like that ship was like she was eating me, not only for the kids, but like I felt like that was my homie, Like that was my roly And when you go through you know what I mean, We we've been together for substantial mind of years, like I'm talking about, but like when you're growing apart and you're going through different layers and different parts of one of the phases, and you get up under somebody else and like you got to wash that whole stink up off you from a whole other person, like that shit like and it ain't stinking like that, but it's like you got like people people I've always heard my grandparents used to say it all the time, like you better be careful who you lay down with, like them them souls and spirits upon you.
Speaker 3: And that ship is real for me anyway, because.
Speaker 1: Like when you laying down with somebody, you intimate with somebody, You've giving everybody that that type of energy, and it's.
Speaker 3: Trying to move on.
Speaker 1: You got to wash all that ship up off you because you can't carry no new ship up on you to a new situation, you being the worse situation than what you just love.
Speaker 5: Yep. Now it's time for I last said, but of the day, guys, it is time for Q eight.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Feel the speaks U Jr. Is a great addition. Phelip, thank you, Victoria love the j R.
Speaker 5: Smith on the UH.
Speaker 2: He is a good move shouting Oho, thank you, Transkendo, congratulations Jr. On your first appreciate. Devin Bell said, what's good o Joe? And switch two questions. Do you think the Warriors should trade for Brandon ingram Uh? And does he fit with the team?
Speaker 1: Swish?
Speaker 2: I go to you first, you out basketball expert. Should the Warriors trade for be?
Speaker 1: I think if they can for sure, depending on who they give up. I don't I like they to Wiggins Trader Trader b side right now. The only the only thing that scares me is Wiggans showed up huge in the in the UH when they beat Boston in that finals. He on the defense defensive side. We ain't really they didn't really need them on offense, but defensively he shut up huge.
Speaker 2: And I think I think over the last couple of years he was dealing with something with his dad. He has some probably some some some whole life some family issues, and his dad just recently passed away, so that's probably been on his mind. He probably is that's you know, now that he knows his father is resting comfortably. I think he'd probably be a better player, but proud of that. Everybody always saw the potential, but he was never able quite able to figure it out. That was the year I think he averaged like nineteen twenty switch and you're right, he played.
Speaker 1: Outtandic I mean defensively that the way Andre Goodala coached him up in that finals, it was probably one of the best player to player experiences I've seen, like with a vet and a younger player and like showing them and teaching them like where to be in the right spots. And he really exceled. And I thought he would have a much higher trajectory right now with a couple of All Stars or something under underneath his belt. But obviously going through some personal issues that can easily you know, deter the route. But I like comes but I think b IRS be a great fit for that team.
Speaker 2: Ain Dad Smith said, Lagas are sorry. They need to blow up the roster. They need to blow up the roster.
Speaker 7: Ojo, No, I don't not. I don't blow it up. Man, don't blow it up. Don't blow it up.
Speaker 3: Hell no, keep two three, you can move whoever else you need.
Speaker 2: McGuire said, do y'all think JJ lost the boy in after he threw LBJ under the bus two times in the interview?
Speaker 5: Looks like two different teams since the first game onward?
Speaker 3: How you thought browns of the bus?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the interview. Maybe he said something in the post game interview? Asked, did he say anything in the post game interview? Because you know we came on right.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't, well, the man had thirty nine, seven and six forty years old.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what they're thinking. Hello, she's trying to find it. I guess apparently he said something last week.
Speaker 1: Actually, gonna try to find that, so hopefully we can get to it before we get off there tonight.
Speaker 5: Kiper Norwood Jr.
Speaker 2: Say, would you like to see y'all in the dunk Contest because I would, well, what made the dunk contest so great, Gil, is that before your best dunkers were some of the best players. You had Dominique, you had George, you had Doctor J, you had Sean Kemp. You know, you had some of the best players were your best dunkers. Now none of the best players are in the dunk contest.
Speaker 1: Got they gonna get guys outside, They get guys in the G League that's not even in the NBA, or guys you've never heard of that aren't in the NBA.
Speaker 2: So it's a whole different thing now. I think the thing is guys wanted to participate. You know, Kobe got it although he was young. But I think now it doesn't have the same positives. That's why the three point competition is last now because more people show up before the three than to see the dunk contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like and I think, uh, people give Braun a lot of flat for when he's not a he's not a slam dunk contest dunker.
Speaker 3: No, he's not created that's not his thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't doesn't like he's an in game dunker, Like he's in game power over you switch hands, do all of that and dunk like but as far as like, Okay, I'm gonna throw it off the back Fords put it between my legs behind my back three sixty like that's not his theees So it makes like for me, like it would make sense for a job morant or ant man to go get in there. Uh what's the young kid from? Uh the kid Jones? He was with Miami Barrick Jone. That stuff like that makes sense, But like just to have certain guys in it just because they superstar that don't make sense to me. It's like when they started putting big men in the three point competition. It's just like, bro, come on, man, who were doing Yeah yeah j from Actor A A guys dark day for many of us.
Speaker 2: Glad y'all came on the brightening up. O Yo four twenty eight. Who you're running may be can't pick up? He won't do it?
Speaker 6: Running mate, what do you what are you talking about? My running mate islect.
Speaker 7: Presidency? Yeah, ship running made.
Speaker 6: It'll probably probably be to yo vice president. Listen man, I wish they would that, which they would let me run for president. You can't American well, American people This is that we've we've needed someone like me in position to give you not just empty promises like everyone else, but to actually make the place better again.
Speaker 7: Look as.
Speaker 2: I didn't, I wasn't leaving in twenty sixteen. I wasn't leaving in twenty twenty. I'm not leaving in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Where are we going?
Speaker 5: The man won fair and square?
Speaker 2: Uh, not only did he win electoral college, he won the popular vote. So it's just not matter Republicans that voted for it. He pulled the middle. Yeah, he pulled middle. He grew in every demographic. There's not one demographic in which he did not grow in. So whatever he's saying is resonating with the people that's listening, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 3: It won fair and square.
Speaker 2: And guess what my eyes open today. Yeah, I went to work and I'm gonna go to work.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about things I can't control. We have a process, a democratic process in which people can go cast their vote for the candidate they think it's best suited for them and their country. He won, whatever he said, all look, I just need him to be a man of his word. Whatever he said, he's gonna do. I need him to do it, whatever that is. And I don't want to hear no backlash because he got the Senate, he about to get the House.
Speaker 5: And he got a majority of the Supreme Court. Ain't nothing to a.
Speaker 2: So the next three and a half years be on your best behavior. He said, he's gonna institute stopping friss, he's gonna give police immunity. He's gonna have mass deportation. That's what would run across the ticker, he said his birthday.
Speaker 3: Over the first day.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all heard what he's saying. All I want the man to do is do what he's saying. Whatever he promised. He said, you go, lord of taxes for the way he lord of taxes for the wealthy. Mass deport, mass deport, whatever the rules are. What you're gonna do with abortioning bands or whatever you're gonna do. Hey, Department of Education, you said it was gonna go.
Speaker 5: Let it go.
Speaker 2: I want him to do exactly what he said, because that's what you're voting for. Don't get bad, don't bad now. I'm taking tell run now.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, damn. Who would your runner make be? Huh man?
Speaker 2: I don't want man. Look here, I hate people in my damn business. Now, can you imagine running for president? How many people people? People get paid to go in your business and dig it up?
Speaker 3: I imagine that.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody getting paid to be in my business and my business all the time. I don't want no part of no presidency. I don't want no part of nothing. I just want to be man. They gotta go out there every day. You gotta have a press conference. You can't go nowhere. You got secret service. Before you go in any building, they gotta sweep.
Speaker 1: It everybody who in the building of days and months before you get there.
Speaker 2: Bro, Y'allso I signed down with Madam VP. Bro, do you understand everybody? Dad is okay? Who are you coming? Social Security number? Blah blah blah. They run a complete background check. You got two checkpoints before you get in there. You go through a metal detector, then they patch you down. They got dogs. I mean everywhere all you see is people with ear pieces in the ear. They took Jordan's whole bag apart. They made Jordan take pictures with the cameras. They said, take a picture, all right, take another one or do a video to make sure those. I said, oh damn, they took it. Took Jordan twenty minutes to get in there. I started walking back down again, and I was like, what.
Speaker 1: Damn, Like, hey, every camera he had, they made him take it apart, put it back together, take pictures, take videos.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that process. So that was that was.
Speaker 2: She's running for the Can you imagine what it's like if you were to sit down with the president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want that. I want no, I got enough.
Speaker 2: Heard Earl Carwell said, who's the best scorer ever?
Speaker 5: MJ Kobe, KD or someone else?
Speaker 2: KDT the man they got forty one thousand points?
Speaker 3: Kyrie?
Speaker 5: You got Kyrie the best score?
Speaker 1: You said, just scoring, not nothing else, just scoring Kyrie. Yeah, not even close.
Speaker 5: You like Kyrie over overall?
Speaker 3: Close?
Speaker 1: Oh not even James ain't even he ain't even in the top five scoring d y'all. Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, ky is different man switchbad Marden had that strength. Yeah, but it's like it's also a stretcher. He's shooting eighteen to fifteen free throws a game that's different, Like that's not like that's not necessarily efficient buckets. Like granted you're getting you getting like to the free throw line. You're just putting points on the board without scoring. But I'm talking about, like, Bro, I need you to go like twelve in the basket, like that type of bucket. I ain't talking about no step back pull like and dance. Dance, dance, my boy, Kay is nasty man left hand, right hand, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah he can.
Speaker 1: He can dance with the handles. Is crazy to me. He's the best six foot six to one and under finisher that I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: No, not to close. Yeah he's not. He's not above the rim player.
Speaker 1: He Oh my god. Like Bro, I'll tell you english up and under, post up, spot up ninety percent from free throw just however you want, literally and it don't matter. You could be tossed short, fat, skinny, slow fast like, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: He get to it and he got to change your pace with it. That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: So I was said, hey, Jo, just want to remind you that you had sixty seven touchdowns, had sixty two much love, future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 7: Nah, I got I got my own jacket one.
Speaker 2: You don't know where it is. You ain't got no jackets. As I appreciate y' all talking about breakup. Had one in high school and dog, I couldn't eat for two weeks, but definitely made me a savage.
Speaker 3: No, for real, it'll turn you into savage.
Speaker 7: It it hey, get it turned?
Speaker 3: No, you straight. I don't even worry about that.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, I'm not talking about But I'm damn the fifty them days long gone.
Speaker 3: The savagee is over.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, shp hell yeah yeah, I think I live with what he talking about.
Speaker 7: I did that, damn it thirty thirty, twenty five years ago. Man, that ship old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's and that's what I'm in a different place in life right now, where it's so much other it's so much other shit going on. When that, when that piece of the puzzle ain't working, I feel the void and I feel that space with stuff like this and the other two hundred and thirty goddamn goddamn jobs. And then as more time as the more time that goes on and I have space, then it just at some point it just it feels itself. It just it just feels itself as like you know, and it becomes routine and you become you become over.
Speaker 1: But you can play though, I'll be playing Call of Booty.
Speaker 5: You break by all right, now what I'm calling.
Speaker 3: You got the roster? He goes back to the roster.
Speaker 1: Hey, I ain't gonna spend the block.
Speaker 3: See yeah, that was my problem.
Speaker 1: I spend them Jonts, I ain't get you.
Speaker 3: Hold up, let me go back around. Uh man.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of The Nightcap Basketball Style.
Speaker 5: I'm your favorite ug shot a shark.
Speaker 2: He's your favorite eighty five Liberty Cities own being a regal Fame, Arnoe Pro bowler, All Pro. That's chat o Jo Siko Johnson just call him Oo and our special contributor on Basketball Wednesday. Two times NBA champion, one of the great three point marksmans of all times, Swish j R.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 5: Thank you switch for joining us.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every debscriber counts. We thank you for counting. Shaved by Laportier. The holidays are here and we have it in stock. If we're hoping to be in about sixteen states by the end of the year. If we're not currently in a state or sitting near you, you can order it. The holidays are right around the corner. You got Thanksgiving about three weeks agway, you got Christmas and you got New Year's go ahead and put your order in. We'll make sure you have it by the holidays. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shapshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Our newest release dropped last week. We had I was held when I was well, and I'll lie for you before I lie. To your T shirts, black Nightcap hoodies and by popping demand stay with Me now hoodies and of course our best sellers, the unkin Oho t's. We got a lot of requests that people wanted the unkin Oho ta in black Well we listen and now we dropped that. We put that in the store and we dropped that last week. Quantit These are limited, so make sure you grab you or wild supplies. Last thank you Jay Oars for joining us. The Grizzly beat the Lakers one, The UH Warriors beat the Celtics one eighteen to one fourteen and Uh that concludes this edition of Nightcap. Uh heath o Jo he swished, We're back tomorrow, Olcho and I back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: After Thursday Night football after the Ravens beat up on the Bengals, switching to see you next week. Thanks for joining us again.
Speaker 3: Ready I see next week baby?
Speaker 5: How about all right, bro,