Speaker 1: Ben Higgins and Ashley I bring you Infamous. Sometimes roses are red flags.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Infamous Today. Our story continues with Annalise Puccini Annalis, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good. How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 2: We're good. We're doing this behind the scenes of the Bachelor thing. So we wanted to revisit a whole bunch of scenes throughout the history of the show that people remember as some of the most dramatic, and one of those scenes is you and Camille breaking up on the live show, the reunion show of Bachelor and Paradise. So that's what we really want to concentrate on with you today.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So I love those moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is it is a bit. It's been a bit, it's been a minute. Is it as traumatic? I guess it's not as traumatic now in your memories as it was in the moment. Is it something that it has affected you to this day?
Speaker 3: I would say it has not affected me to this day. But it's weird how like live TV is because I don't know if you I'm sure you both experienced this, but like some of the moments that happened, you totally think went like a little bit of a different way. Like I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad it was until I watched it back, and then I was like, oh my god, that was actually terrible, you know what I mean, Like you get this weird, like almost amnesia from the event because your body's like protecting you, so you're being like that was really bad. But I remember in the moment being like, Okay, this is awful, but I think it was almost worse watching it back.
Speaker 2: So I always think that I'm being cooler in the live moment, and then I watch it back and it's like, nothing, You're not that cool.
Speaker 3: This is the one time, probably ever that that editing was fully in my favor I felt, because I actually felt like I was I was so just thrown off that like the live show, I was stuttering and stumbling over my words and feeling like not composed. And then I remember watching it back and I was like, oh, yeah, okay, yes, you like held your own you did really well, you know, so composed, so clear, not how I felt at all in the live show.
Speaker 1: Let's start at the beginning, though, Let's start to kind of give everybody who watched this. It's a memorable moment. It's on all the lists we found of most dramatic, memorable, iconic moments in Bachelor history. But for those who watched it can remember a little bit of it, but don't remember the relationship, because I'll be honest, I don't remember your relationship together very well. Start at the beginning, when you guys first met, and I'm gonna and we're gonna kind of filter in some questions based on kind of what you're talking about when it comes to when you met him on the beach in Paradise.
Speaker 3: So I remember, like when producers were talking to me before even going on and they were like, who are you? Who would you like to see? And I knew nothing about him because he had gone home night one of Becca season, and so I didn't I didn't know anything about him, but I, like, you know, had snooped on his Instagram, and I thought, he definitely seems like my type, which maybe that should have been right right then Verica telling don't be interested. But so he was somebody that I was like, I am attracted to him. He seems like he travels and like does cool things, you know, and so I was hopeful and then he did show up, and I remember I think I had just I think Kenny and I had just sort of split ways, and I was just like, well, this is like the end of my paradise, like trick this, you know, this time around, this is it for me. There's no one else. And then he showed up, and I was like thanking the paradise gods that he showed up and we I mean, sometimes you just know that, like you and somebody are gonna have chemistry, you know, And I just I think that's what I was thinking when I told producers also that he was somebody that I would be interested in, because I just kind of knew that person, like in a very vague way, like I knew his type, you know. So when he showed up, I felt like, yes, we connected, we had chemistry. I think probably the reason people didn't know our relationship that much was because I feel like we didn't get a ton of airtime, which is fine. There was more interesting things probably happening. We were, honestly just like laying on the sun beds quite often, like having conversations. I don't even really remember. It was like it felt very like a summer camp boyfriend if I'm thinking back to it, like you know, not the not the guy I'm gonna marry, but like we had fun, we had chemistry. We were just like silly together. That's what I remember anyways. So I think I think like we both knew going into like the Last day of Paradise when the engagements and things happened like that was probably not gonna happen for us. But but because we were just having fun, and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: I remember at Winter Games, they were always trying to get me to like say big things. You know, they were trying to make me They weren't trying to I don't know. Maybe they were trying to make me exaggerate my feelings, but they really wanted me to be like, this is it. I found my person where I was like, no, no, I found somebody who likes me back, and that seems pretty cool, but like, I don't know about how it's going to be when we get out of here, but it feels nice to be liked right now. You know. That was like what I was truly feeling. But then you're in the interview room and they're like, but like, do you think this is the one. How much of that were you experiencing with Camille Constant.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Like the pressure to say I love you or they're the one, or I've never felt this way before. It's hilarious because I do remember, like one of the things that I was sort of known for after that season was like saying, I've never felt like this before. And it cracks me up because I still defend it though, because I'm like, yeah, maybe I didn't feel that way, like the way I was feeling about that person, maybe I hadn't felt that way before, But it didn't mean that like those words were attached to I love you or like this was my person. It was just like, yeah, this is a new feeling, like I'm feeling excited about this person because of X or whatever like it, you know. But yeah, there was a lot of pressure, and I remember those conversations and just there were times that I was like I don't I just like, is it okay just to be like I don't know. But it was not like those are not the answers that they wanted to get.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like I mean you both said that you've had this experience where you sit down and it's it is very common for the producers to want you to say these big claims. Do you feel like that works or was it more of you just trying to get out of the room as quickly as possible so that you're not sitting in an ITM room? Or do you feel like them kind of saying this and saying it like over and over again, day after day. Are you feeling it yet? And then when I remember these moments where maybe'd be like, I don't think I am, and they'd be like really like almost like make you feel like there's something wrong with you, and I'd be like, well, maybe I do, maybe I should, I don't know. My question is do you think that kind of strategy worked or did it just make it, you know, push kind of push you off?
Speaker 2: To me? Yeah, it worked on me because I felt like I was letting them down if I didn't feel like they had helped me find my way, especially at that point. So that was like my fourth season, right, so they seemed so genuinely happy for me, and I had known these producers they were such my as friends that like I wanted them to be excited for me, and maybe I was like it, I kind of want to I know this sounds maybe egotistical, but like I wanted the audience to be excited for me, and yeah, I don't know. I just kind of went along with it as much as I could consciously because I was never going to say like words like I love you or like I'm falling in love. I wasn't going to use that, but I had I had felt that with you know, Jared in Paradise.
Speaker 3: I do feel like there's I mean, there's a lot of things that happen, there's so many like tactics used, right like the I think that there is the comparison, like you're seeing these other people who are having these big feelings and you're like, should I be there already? And you know you already weird pressure cooker, which, like I've always said, and I'm people say that all the time, that like things happen there obviously at like a way way crazy rate, and you're feeling so many things that you normally wouldn't feel super quickly, and you feel like you have to kind of like play people sometimes because if you don't say, like this is the person that I am like, especially on something like Paradise, like this is the person that I'm here for and this is the person I want to finish with. You're kind of like saying like like what are you doing there? Then you know, like to me, there felt like a little bit of this pressure too, But yes, I do think sometimes them saying like how do you feel? And are you in love? And this and this? Like sometimes it did the question sometimes made me go, hmm, maybe I am more into this person than I thought. And then other times it would do the opposite, and like they're like the people that I would question, like maybe I could be in love with this person, then I would like follow that thought process people that I was like, no, there's absolutely no way. I'm just having fun with them, I think. Then sometimes those questions would like push me to my answer of like no, I'm not really excited about them, and that in like a proposal or like something like that. At the end of this then it felt scary.
Speaker 2: Do you ever say? I remember moments where I was I'm not gonna say that, like no guys like I don't know, and then like they would just keep rewarding the question to make you say and like at some point you're just like all word it to the best I can word it to feel okay about what you want me to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you're like, I have very strong feelings, my heart feels very full around them, Like you try to dance around the question, and then they edit it together and make you just sound like you're even crazier because you're like, love it about them, and really you're trying to say that you actually don't. You just love qualities about them or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good, it's it's it works. I think it could be the one of the reasons why the show struggles is I do think it got a little overproduced to where things are be like being forced to be said that people are like, there's no way they actually feel that, Like I don't see that. I can't relate with that, and at least something that people can relate with. Though, as we transition into obviously at this live show, but also getting some background now and your more background on your relationship with Camille, would you say, based on everything we just talked about, then there was no faking it with Camille. While in Paradise, there.
Speaker 3: Was no faking it for me. I would say it just wasn't like, especially looking back now, but when I was in the moment, like I really I liked him. I had a crush on him. I was like, he's cute. I want to date this man. I don't know what it's going to lead to, but I was excited about him, like one hundred percent. I just was like, yeah, I had those giddy butterflies and I was excited. Looking back on it, I'm like, it was it was a very like immature relationship in terms of like relationships I've been in, and yeah, it was just like a part of my history.
Speaker 1: But do you think he was faking it? Then? I mean, well, we're going to get into what actually happens, you know, in the live show. But you say, no, this was real for you. But looking back, do you think it was real for him when you were there?
Speaker 3: I think that he had a crush on me too. I think that we did. Now I'm nervous. I'm like, are you guys gonna have him on and he's gonna be like, no, I hate you're a friend.
Speaker 1: I actually couldn't even remember him, So you're fine. I don't think he's anywhere to be found.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we had this is like jumping past the live show, you know, Like I think it happens a lot more nowadays, like people intertwine outside of the show before and after being on shows. He and I continued to talk after the breakup on the live show, and I partially because I didn't really remember how bad the breakup was, and so there was like there's this time period between when the breakup happened and when it actually aired because.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a real live show. It was a pre taped reunion show, right.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, yes, pre taped reunion show. So at that show it was I think there was still like a couple of weeks before it actually aired, and I remember like during that time when the when the breakup happened, I went back to my hotel room and I called one of my best friends and she and another one of my girlfriends, they both flew down and like got a hotel and we ended up doing a girls trip and having such a good time and like because they were like, we want you to still do all the Bachelor things, because that was the thing. Like after that reunion, everyone was going to all these parties and stuff together and I was like, I want to be a part of it, but I'm part broken. So I'm not going to write and they were like, no, We're going to come down and just support you and like be there for you. And all the girls from my season like really rallied around me, and it was it was it ended up being fun. I don't think like it had hit me yet. I was still a little bit in denial. And during that time they were like, he had been talking to me. He was like, I really want to apologize to you, blah blah blah, you know, trying to reach out to me. And so so there was a day that my friends talked to him on the beach for like two hours. They were like, Annaly's go for a walk and they talked to him. He and I went on a hike with them, and during that time like and this is where I'm I'm I'm bringing this up because this is where I think he had real feelings for me. I don't think if he was faking it this whole time, I don't think he would have gone to the trouble of like staying in my life. My dad had passed away, like right after the Union show aired. A couple weeks later, he had passed. Kamille was one of the first people to like call and send a card. So as much as like I would love to to be like, uh, you know that guy, I hate him whatever, like, I do think that there was a part of him that cared about me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's rewind a little bit. In between Paradise filming, rapping and the reunion show, did you guys see each other? What were those hangouts like if.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 2: I think he went to New York.
Speaker 3: I went to New York, But I don't remember if there was any other times that we saw each I don't think there were.
Speaker 2: You were talking about like I know, there's a quote that you said that we're doing long distance. It's difficult, but we're still pretty happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's we're just talking every day on the phone. I went out to New York. I was there for I think a couple of weeks. And yeah, I mean, like I say, but it's like when you're on Paradise, you have no bills to pay, you have no responsibilities, you're not cooking food like you you know, it's just it's it is vacation in a lot of ways. And so then coming back to the real world and like trying to make money again and just get back into life. I think that's where I started to also be like, Okay, this is like still fun, Like I like him, I still have a crush on him. But that's where I started to be like, I don't know if this will work in terms of like how are which city would we move to? You know, like would we have kids, would we get married? I just didn't know if I saw those things all of a sudden, like fitting into my life and me fitting into his life.
Speaker 1: Outside of the fact that he did it, sounds like he did the best he could with the post breakup moment. The post the breakup moment was memorable, shocking. Some would say uh and talked about a lot coming off of that live show. So let's talk about the moment. Going into that evening. Did you have any expectations that your relationship was going to be ending on live television that night?
Speaker 3: Not whatsoever? None, like not, There wasn't even a part of me because we had talked about it, and I remember him saying like I can't be manipulated like that, like you know, no, I'm not going to do it. I think I think he really didn't want to be like the bad guy. And I think that's where I think how producers maybe got into his head was making him feel like he was going to be doing the right thing by breaking up with me. I remember like him saying producers told him like, if you do this, like you're going to be the hero because then she could be the bachelorette or things like that, and so I think he thought like, oh, okay, if this is not like the for me, like I'm gonna and so he actually had said to me after the readingion show, he was like, I I thought like I was doing the right thing by you. Like I thought it was going to be a good thing. I thought people were going to be like happy that I did this, which is such like a weird concept, but I mean I can kind of understand it a little bit. But they put me in a room with with Jenna, and I think that was it, and she was like she was engaged, and so my hype room was like, You're gonna get engaged tonight, and I was like, no, I'm not. I like, I know, at least we're not there, you know, we might leave here being like yeah, we're still together. But but I didn't think that and then he was in a room by himself, and I think he was getting like talked to in a very different way. It was like, you're going to be doing the right thing, and you know she's a nice person, but is she the love of your life? You know? I think it was very different.
Speaker 2: You said I even talked to him about this. Yeah, like you had been worried that possibly he would break up with you on the live show.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is so like going into it, we had we were dating, you know, like, but we weren't. I didn't think we were getting engaged anytime soon. And we were kind of like we're good, but we're not great. We weren't in like the best of place when it was coming to the live show. And he was like when he had gone on back a season, he had not watched any of the Bachelor, Bachelorette, Paradise anything. He was like super unfamiliar, and so he just always was like I got this, like it's fine, and and I'm like no, no, no, like they if they want this to happen, they will make it happen. And he's like no, no, no, I can't be I can't be, Like but they can't do that to me. So so it was a little bit more of just like a, hey, you know, if this is what they're thinking, like, don't do it. Let's like just break up outside of the show in a couple of weeks if that's what needs to happen, But like we don't need to have it happen on live TV. So it wasn't like I expected it to happen. It was more just a you're not familiar with the show and how this works, and it could happen. You know, it could happen to anyone.
Speaker 1: That's scary. I mean, I'm sure like even going into it, like once you had that conversation, I'm guessing you felt, you know, comfortable and like, Okay, at least I don't have to go intonight knowing I'm gonna get broken up with He's confident saying no, they cannot even convince me to do that. It shows the power of convince it convincing that they have over people. And so as he starts to speak and as you start to realize that he's breaking up with me, what is your memory of the emotions and the thoughts going through your head.
Speaker 3: I remember I was just sitting you know, in the hot seat, and they had done it also in a way where like the first half of the show I was out with the cast, sitting in the panel. Yeah, and then they had me go up to the hot seat, just me and Chris Harrison, and we're just chatting and you know, all the things have the relationship. Oh, it's good, Like you know, it's not great, but it's good. Like I was honest about it. I wasn't like, oh my god, we're so in love and blah blah blah. And then they brought him out and like the minute I saw him walk out, I just felt like a gut punch, like you know, and I just remember being like, oh god, this does not feel good. When the words started to actually come out of his mouth. I remember Chris Harrison saying to me, what do you want to do now? And I was like, get off this stage. Like I'll never remember that feeling. I was like, I don't want to talk like this is this is not what I want to happen right now. I'm not trying to like bare my soul and have like a break up happen in the plot seat. Yeah. So I and I just remember feeling like all the life left my body for a second, like and that's why I wanted to get off the stage. So I don't I don't have words like I need to remove myself from the situation. And I didn't. I was I did not want to come back on stage, but but I was backstage with a producer and they were like, no, you need to go back out and like confront him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And that's where I sort of had like a big, very memorable moment.
Speaker 2: It was very empowering. You seemed very confident you. It definitely had a future bachelorette moment there. What did the producer tell you? Did they give you lines? No?
Speaker 3: She said to me, like this is going to be a very like female empowerment moment if you go out and like stand up for yourself. And I think there was like a moment that I was like, yeah, I don't want to just end it walking off the stage and like letting that be my story, and.
Speaker 1: So it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the thing true is that like I was, I was always known to be like the girl that was crying, and like I didn't I needed to, Like I'm so glad I did take that second to step off the stage. Because I needed to compose myself for two seconds and if I was going to go back out there, like take that time and come back out. So I'm glad I did and and yeah, but it was not It was not easy. That was a rough night.
Speaker 2: I need I need to ask you something, as you and I had sort of similar caricatures. Did you feel like, man, they're doing this to me again. They're putting me in a situation to get dumped and be this sad girl again.
Speaker 3: In that moment, I wasn't thinking about anything, like I literally was just thinking, my boyfriend is breaking up with me in front of However, nine million people I think were like, what we're watching? That's all I was thinking, was just like what a freakin' gut punch and what like. Yeah, I don't think I was thinking anything, but after the fact, yes, I was like I can't believe that that that happened again kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I remember in Bachelor of Paradise three, not even at the beginning when I was like seeing Jared date people. I was like, it was towards the end where I was like, you, guys, I like looked at them, I like looked at them behind the camera and I was like, you're fucking doing it again. You know this is outrageous. I know exactly what you're doing right now. This is outrageous. Yeah, you just want me to stay in the same box every season. I know, let me have a gross home it time out.
Speaker 1: Ashley was still convinced though all four times she went on that they were trying to help her find love. The reason she could be so easily convinced because she's like, oh, I don't want to disappoint them because they're trying so hard to find love. And then at the same time, when you're earlier, she was like, you're messing me over again.
Speaker 2: Now, what is wrong with me? Sometimes I can see the light. There are certain moments I see the light.
Speaker 3: Certain moments, but when they call you, Like if they called me tomorrow and said we have someone amazing for you going on Paradise, I'd be like, oh my god, this is my chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah wild Bachelor of Paradise three. You guys, you're fucking crazy. Be calls me again like nine months later, Hey, want did you something else?
Speaker 1: I mean yes, I like to.
Speaker 3: I mean it all led you to your person, so.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't reund about mess up way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every step was critical and appreciated. Yeah, I just see the humor.
Speaker 1: In it now, it's all funny. Speaking of humor, Lauren Ziema, Chris Harrison's now wonderful wife, had a tweet at the time because you had said that you thought you were getting an Airbnb with your boyfriend during this you know, right after the show. Instead, now you're getting broken up with she makes a tweet to Airbnb saying they need to hook you up with an Airbnb for you and yourself or your friends or whatever. Did they do it? Yeah, did it come through?
Speaker 3: Oh, it was the best. So again, like going back to that time period, it was a really dark period for me because the breakup happened, then a couple of weeks later the breakup aired, Then a couple weeks later, my dad passed away, and so I was like not in a place to do anything, Like, I was just in a very depressed place and I so I kind of put off the Airbnb thing just because I like, I didn't want to go and go on a trip. That's not where my mind was. So I took advantage of it a little bit later, but they were like wherever you want to go, here's the budget. I ended up choosing a goat farm in Tama's Bay, which is northern California, and a couple of my girlfriends came. It was the most amazing time. It was just a girls trip. We hiked every day. There was like farm animals everywhere we got to milk Goat. I had this like dinner party the last night where I invited all the farmers. It was a female run farm and all of the farmers came and I was like, okay, but the theme is like glitter and animal print and they all came in like their overalls and stuff about like we don't have anything, and I'm like, I got you. I got costumes go lore. So we like put them in sequence and it was like it was just the most fun. I just needed like a wholesome week with my girlfriends and at that time, that's really what I needed and it was perfect.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, that's super good. Good for Airbnb for coming through on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 1: It was the one.
Speaker 3: It was literally the one perk I got from this entire.
Speaker 1: The analyse and closing here, I think we're gonna ask everybody some question that's similar to this one kind of to close out you. Obviously, we just walked through You had this Bachelor in Paradise moment you met Neil. Things were good. You walk into the live show not expecting to get broken up with in front of national television, and you did and it was heartbreaking. Looking back now, is there anything that happened that was inauthentic to you, anything that you wish you would have done differently, or anything that you now see how and we kind of talked about it, how production or how the show really they didn't force you to do any thing, but they're really good at guiding you to do the things that they want you to do. And just like Ashley the same, you know, with the big statements on love and you were staying with the things that they were asking you to say about love. They do a really good job at guiding you to a place that they want you. So now, looking back, was there anything any decision you made, anything you said that was inauthentic to you that you wish you could do differently?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like there's so many things that I wish I could have done differently, inauthentic. I mean, yeah, there were probably times where I was just like I really I was like, I'm so done getting questioned. You know, there's times that you're doing interviews at like three in the morning. They can be after rose ceremonies and you're tired, and you're just like, yeah, like I like them, don't. I don't know whatever, whatever it is. So I'm sure there was moments. I think the thing is like looking back at the whole experience I was, it was a long time ago. I have grown a lot. I think I was so much more of a people pleaser then. I think I was so much more of a yes person back then, and I think, yeah, like if I could, if I was doing it differently now, like, yeah, I think people would see a very different person because the person back then was was not quite as sure of herself. I think I was also like really afraid that things would be edited in a certain way, so I was very careful about what I said instead of just being like sciruit, I'm going to be myself and like be funny and hope that that works.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well, antalis As, we did want to concern that we still want to know where you are today as far as relationship goes, because it's so tied in with who you were as we know you from the show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wish that I had great news for you guys, but I am single, ready to mingle. It is so rough out there. I have been stood out twice in the past, like a couple of weeks. So yeah, it hasn't been great. And I've been on one official date in twenty twenty five. So my twenty twenty five is my year of like, send me, send me somebody good. If you if you have a single dad at the elementary school, if you got like a you know, a friend, a neighbor, send him my way.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this not good news for us. We don't like to hear that news from you. We want you to be happy in lovet But for somebody out there, the fact that you're single is very good news for them.
Speaker 3: Yes that's right, Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yes, you look like a young Denise Richards right now.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I was thinking, Ben, there's I'm like, what is his name? Enrique? And Gracias? Is that who I'm thinking? Who's married at the blonde. That's what you're giving today.
Speaker 2: In a corner Cova yeh, I see that. Oh my god, wait, why does he look like en Rigue right now?
Speaker 3: I'm like, throw a mole, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's the v neck when that's awesome.
Speaker 1: You're talking about me. So I look like Enrique?
Speaker 3: You definitely do.
Speaker 2: Hannah's laughing so hard in the background because you do. We need to put a mole on him and it would be like uncanny. I would have never thought that Ben would look like Enrique Gilsias, but he does.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm kidding to I can't not see it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy me neither me neither. Oh my god. Fun way to wrap this up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, goodness, gracious, Hey everybody, this has been the Almost Famous podcast we've had Analise here talking about the live breakup with Camille. Wild things happen on this show. Uh, here's the good part about it, Analise is a statement to this wild things happen, wild moments happened, Painful moments happen. But a few years later, everybody's Okay, Analise, You're doing great.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming on, Thanks for having me. Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen.
Speaker 2: Upon casts,