Speaker 1: Brewers are not close to extending Miserwski at all. I would imagine they would love to do so, but that price tag is going to only continue to go up and up and up and up.
Speaker 2: Fan sided inside of Robert Murray is back with us. It is his season to shine. Robert, good to see you, man. And we did have a little trade right after the All Star Game that you reported on.
Speaker 1: What do you have for us? Yeah? That one, well, first of all, it's going to be back with you boys. That one was not on my radar whatsoever. I was actually on the train in Atlanta flying home to Scottsdale when I found out that trade was happening. So there I was with my AirPods on trying to confirm the trade. After about fifteen minutes, I got the trade. I was able to tweet it out before I hopped in the plane, so that was good. But it starts what should be a pretty active trade season here. For the Pittsburgh Pirates, moving Adam Fraser early on was something it wasn't necessarily a priority for them, but when the Royals ended up coming to them looking for Fraser, that was a deal in. Getting Cam in return was something that they thought was a really good return internally. And Fraser returns to the Royals now after a stint there, and it's not necessarily like the biggest name by any means. He struggled in Kansas City when he was there, but he was hitting around two fifty five with Pittsburgh, had performed really well for them recently especially, and he can also play in the infield and the outfield, so it's cheap versatility on defense for the Royals. Maybe some added depth there as well, So I don't have any issues with it, but it marks the beginning of what should be a very active traits he's in here for the Pirates.
Speaker 3: Can we also get Fraser back to Baltimore maybe and then Padres so he can just keep going back to the same teams over and over and over again. I mean, it's crazy, right, he started his career in Pittsburgh, went to Kansas City. Now he's back. He goes to Pittsburgh, they take him back to Kansas City. I guess the Pirates and the Royals really love Adam. Fraser's a great dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a really good dude. I've had the chance to talk to him a couple of times. He's been always very nice to me, but hey, who knows, maybe Aj Preller or Michael As can end up making that happen, although from from everything that I gather, the Royals kind of want to hold on to him for now and and maybe even signals that the Royals are going to be buying. I know there's been a lot of questions about whether or not they could end up selling or buying, and I mean, getting Frasier that's not necessarily like a big move that's going to dictate that they're gonna end up buying just in the next couple of weeks, but it's signals that they want to win and that they intend to compete at least, so maybe it could have some implication for the future of Seth Lugo and some of those other guys on that roster there that have been mentioned in trade rumors. But the next two weeks are going to be very telling for Kansas City. But getting Fraser was something that they liked and that they wanted to do. He was a guy that's very respected in that clubhouse and now he's in Kansas City once again.
Speaker 4: Pick pick from the teams that are kind of in that Kansas City Royals on down realm where it's like, Okay, maybe you're not like in it, but you still have a core of players that you've paid and you're looking to win in the next two or three years. That would be the most active in adding for this year. That would then bolster their team for next year before we get to any of the oh, who's going to go for the one one year rental guys.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a really good question by you, and I have teams in that tier, but I don't know if they're necessarily going to end up buying. And I look at the Minnesota Twins. First of all, they obviously have a nice core there with Carlos Corea, Byron Buxton and some of these pitches that they have, and they're gonna get Pablo Lopez back before too long, and they have a core that they really like. And as of this point right now, they have not had any had any conversations about selling, and there's been plenty of Joe Ryan trade rumors that have been mentioned and they have not had a single conversation about him as of this point. That does not mean that they're they're going to buy, or that doesn't mean that they're going to sell at this point. They intend to compete or try to compete for this season, but the next two weeks are going to determine a lot. And we can say that about so many other teams as well. And Cooper is trying to say hi here as well. My Golden Retriever Puppies is by my lap as we speak. So if we get a Cooper appearance, that could be could be a thing. But the other team that I'm I think everyone in baseball is watching at this point and they could really end up dictating the deadline is the Arizona Diamondbacks. And they have pitching, they have hitting, they have bullpen pieces. Although that being said, they got a lot of different injuries on that team. But they are a team that I don't think is going to do like a hard sell by any means. But if they do sell, they have some of the most intriguing pieces in the market and that could just single handily change the deadline if they end up selling.
Speaker 4: All right, you talked about the Braves. Adamantly, they are not trading anybody from this from this group of you know, guys who are signed past twenty twenty five, But fans are adamant that this team hasn't done very well in the last year and a half two years. This as far as this lineup, could that be a team that bolsters next year in the following years because they love all their extensions. With getting rid of an Albi's, with getting rid of a Sean Murphy.
Speaker 1: I would say they're not going to be trading any of those guys at this deadline. I will I will stake my claim on that one. I have that very good authority that the Braves are not going to trade anybody at this deadline that has control beyond this, beyond this season. So Sean Murphy, Ronald Acuna Junior, I mean, there's so many other guys on that roster that are that are controllable. They are not going to be moved. And I was watching you guys before I end up coming on and I totally agree, like Sean Murphy would be a great fit for the San Diego Podres and and there's not any real options that catcher on the market. I thought maybe Gary Sanchez could be a fit for them, but he's he's on an extended period of time, and my mind crept to Sean Murphy and the Braves are just pretty They're not just pretty adamant, They're extremely adamant that players of Murphy's caliber who are controlled beyond the season are not going anywhere. But we can look at for the rest of their team that is going to be talked about. You have Marcelo Zun, you have Rysel Iglesias, you have some other guys who are on expiring contracts. And the thing with Azuna is like he's going to get plenty of interests because there's not any There's not that many great hitters out in the market. He's he's a power eating guy. You can change a lineup with just his presence as a DH. But he has ten and five rights, which allows him the opportunity to veto any trade, and and he's got options that he will consider. For sure that he would ultimately consider waving his no trade clause or his ten and five rights, but it's I don't think it's going to be open to every team in the league, so he'll be selective, but he'll get plenty of interest.
Speaker 2: Hey have you heard of Built No? Do you pay rent?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, let's talk. There's no cost to join and just By paying rent, you unlock flexible points that can be transferred to your favorite hotels and airlines, a future rent payment, your next lift ride, and much more. When you pay rent through Built, you unlock two powerful benefits. First, you earn one of the industry's most valuable points on rent every month, no matter where you live or where your landlord is, your rent now works for you. And you gain access to exclusive neighborhood benefits in your city. Built neighborhood benefits or things like extra points on dining out, complementary post workout shakes, and much more unique experiences that only Built members can access. And when you're ready to travel, Built points can be converted to your favorite miles and hotel points around the world, meaning your rent can literally take you places. So if you're not earning points on rent, my question is what are you waiting for? Start paying rent through Built and take advantage of your neighborhood benefits by going to join Built dot com slash file. That's JOI n b I lt dot com slash foul. Make sure to use our URL so that they know we sent you.
Speaker 3: Robert, I just want to know why with the Braves, Why wouldn't the Braves think about trading somebody to get controllable pitcher, controllable relievers, or a different bat just to mix things up, because this has not worked now for two years. Yes, they made the playoffs. Last year, they got swept out. This year has kind of been a disaster. You can blame the injuries or whatever, but they haven't hit the way that everyone expected them to hit.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Is it fair because two years ago in twenty three, they were so great and everyone just expected them to keep being that great or I just don't understand why they wouldn't try to maybe trade one of their guys that yes isn't on an expiring contract and get someone different in there, just to break it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, I totally hear you their aja, and it's something I've thought about too, and I think it's something that they should consider. But internally, they they view this team, especially their core that they have, like the pitching staff is in a good place. They're hitting is there's there's some question marks there, and they've dealt with a lot of injuries this season, and they believe that once they can get healthy and they have the court to do so in order to compete next year, so they're not going to do anything that kind of deteriorates their chances of winning next year. They really they think that this roster can compete. But that being said, I would expect them to try to be pretty aggressive next offseason and trying to fill some of those holes, and it's adding to the offense or adding some bullpen pieces, because you don't know what that bullpen is going to look like next year, even in two weeks with the deadline coming up, so I'd expect a soft sell by the Braves, and I again I agree with you. I think they absolutely should consider something bigger, but as of this point, I don't see that coming and I would be really surprised if that ended up changing.
Speaker 4: We talk about value. Ryan O'Hearn just finished the All Star Game and obviously he could be somebody that could be traded, most likely will be traded. His value though he has one hundred and I just looked it up, one hundred and forty at bats against lefties in the last four years. He's a essentially going to hit only right handed pitching. Or is there a team out there that could say, you know what, we like what you can do, We're Okay, giving you that shot, and give them a shot to face lefties and righties and find extra value for maybe just trading for a platoon guy.
Speaker 1: No, that's a really good point by you, and we could absolutely see some teams doing that because there's we've talked about how many teams need pitching, but there are a lot of teams, especially that are in contention, who need offense. And you can look at the Milwaukee Brewers. Maybe they can put him at first base, although we don't know what res Hoskins situation looks like there. Maybe they could put him in the outfield. The Houston Astros, to me, are a team that makes plenty of sense here as well, and they could put him in the outfield as well. Even the Boston Red Sox like they need a first baseman, and if they can end up adding O'Hearn, I don't know if the Oorls would do an indivision trade like that. All of that being said, they just traded Brian Baker to the Tampa Bay so clearly they're going to be at least open to the idea. But that was just a very good return and good value for them to really pass up. But it's a good point by you. Any team that acquires him is obviously gonna have to pay a very hefty price considering just how few sellers there actually are. And if you're getting to paying that price, you would expect that guy to not just be hitting against right handed pitching. You would expect him to be hitting against right handers and left handers and trying to provide the most value that he possibly can, especially compostseason time. Because that's why all these contending teams go out and get these guys, is they want to get the most value in return, but they also want to have the best chance of winning a World Series and getting more at bast for a gully Ronaldhearn. Honestly, it can only be can only be a good thing for any team. All Right.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the Brewers, and we saw Jacob Mazarowski pitch in the All Star Game. Controversial pick, not the kid's fault, but it's an exhibition game, so why not?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: But will they extend him or are the Brewers scared because of some of the other guys that are gotten hurt on extending him.
Speaker 1: I think the Brewers would absolutely love to extend Jacob Mizowski. I mean, you look at him, and I mean, he's he's like six seven, he's he's a string beat he's I mean, you wouldn't expect this guy to be able to throw one hundred and two miles an hour, but yet he does. He does it pretty effortlessly, and he has been just the talk of baseball. And obviously his pick to be in the All Star Game was controversial. Not everyone agreed about it, and even saw the Philadelphia Phillies players really just speak out about it. But that being said, despite some reports, there have been very very very brief conversations. I don't even know if I call it a conversation, and no offer has been made at this point. So the Brewers are not close to extending Misrowski at all. I would imagine they would love to do so, but that price tag is going to only continue to go up and up and up and up. And we've seen the Brewers do early extensions before with Freddie Peralta. We've seen him do it with some other players as well. But that is going to be a guy. His value is going to be just so high that it could be tough for them to extend him. But I don't want to get ahead of it. I want the Brewers fans and the Brewers organization to enjoy just like that a player that they have, because he's just a superstar in every bit of the imagination, and he should, honestly only continue to get better.
Speaker 2: All Right, Robert, I'm going to bring in one or two fan questions here as we've been chatting. Actually, this one brought up by a couple of fans in the chat related to our conversation earlier. Any center fielders that were missing that you think could be available and impactful for contenders besides Cedric Mullins and Luis Robert.
Speaker 1: Honestly, those are the only two that I've really heard the most about from rival executives. And Mullins obviously he's had the better production. He's a guy who obviously he would love to stay with Baltimore, but as Ken Rosenthal wrote earlier in the season, there had just been no discussions there whatsoever, and considering his contract status, I would expect him to get moved. But Luis Robert Junior is the one on that I just can't I can't get a good feel on that one. It's the last year the White Sox were adamant that they're ready to hold on to him to try to extract the best value and hope that he would end up bouncing back. But it has not been the case. At always battled some different injuries this year, and if you trade him now, you're not going to get much at all in return, So it'd be the definition of selling low. I think there's a fair chance that he is ultimately moved. But as far as centerfielders go, I'm sorry to disappoint, but those are the only two names that I've heard. That doesn't mean that there are only two being talked about. I want to make that clear, but those are the two most prominent ones for sure.
Speaker 2: I've actually got one other that I just came up with who can play center fields.
Speaker 1: Harrison Vader is.
Speaker 2: Actually having I think the best offensive season he's had in a long time. Looking at ops plus, at least he is above average, and usually for several years he's been below that mark. Is that one oh nine he's seen a little extra thump from him. He's got eleven homers in the first half, his career high sixteen last year at twelve. A year before that or many years before that, was more in the single digits. So that could be a valuable center fielder for a team if that bad stays the way it is and the Twins decide to sell. So I'll throw that one out there if that's cool with you.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's totally cool. That's a good shot by you. I like the name, and he's also really good defensively as well. Obviously it's been a calling card for Ages and you know how much these teams, especially the analytic heavy teams, love guys who can just play an elite defense, and he's the definition of that in the fact that he stayed healthy. It's not something he's been able to do for the early part of his career. So I think that's a worthy name of the Twins. Dude decided to sell one.
Speaker 2: More fan question and then we'll have Aja finish up with his Eric wants to know what you think the Angels will do or they're going to ride this out for the next couple weeks and see what happens. He said, should they listen to opers for Kikuchi in addition to players like Taylor Ward since there aren't too many quality pitchers on the market and obviously some of these guys are getting close to free agent status for them. Nakikuci I think he signed up for three years. Tyler Anderson I think is the free agent after this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like this is an easy call for the Angels that they should sell. But with Arti Marino, you just never really know what they're going to do, and it's it's probably the most difficult team in baseball to try to pinpoint. But to me, it should be clear that they that they should sell. But my guess is they're going to wait this out for at least the next ten ish days to try to figure out if they if they actually should buy they want to, because we've seen them do it in years past where they end up getting Lucas gi Lito, Ronaldo Lopez and some other players and all just gave them up about two weeks after they ended up acquiring them on waivers for nothing. So it's an organization that's extremely difficult to pinpoint. But my guess is they come to their senses they sell. But I am hardly confident in that answer just because of Arti Morino's presence, because he honestly it can depend on how he wakes up a certain morning for that could end up deciding that direction that they go at the deadline. That's they are that unpredictable.
Speaker 3: GOT love that if you're an Angels fan, all right, I got I'm gonna ask you a strange question and crowds and Scott are gonna be like, what are you talking about? Foster Griffin is over in Japan. He's absolutely dominating. I know Foster because he pitched at First Academy where my son just graduated from. So I've heard about him for a long time. Struggled when he came over to the big leagues. When he was in the big leagues here got hurt went over to the Japan. Is this someone we could see come over next year and have one of those impacts that some of the guys that have gone overseas and came back over have had in the past.
Speaker 1: AJ you read my column. I appreciate you. You. I've always have always loved you. That's my guy right there. He is. He is somebody who is on the radar of teams for sure. He's pitched very well over in Japan. He's got an dra below one. He's tweaked some different things with his arsenal. I'm not ultimately familiar exactly what he's all done, but he is someone who has really turning things around. And I had I'm not kidding when I say this. I've had three different people around baseball reach out to me and ask me for a different intel on him and just say that he's on their radar. And I even had one of those people say he's the most under the radar guy entering the offseason. So well, I think we'll be hearing about his name plenty. And yeah, he's definitely named the Keep in the back of your mind for sure, Robert.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you. Trade season is on, Let's get it going and we'll talk to you maybe next week, if not the week after.
Speaker 1: Man, stay fresh. I'm trying my best over here. I appreciate you boys, and I'll talk to you soon