Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one nine, What's right with Nick Wright Ton to do? Sorry for the delay today, you're having slight technical difficulties. The technical difficulties might be continuing as I'm just seeing myself in return. I don't see any of the extra boxes or the animation. Hopefully the folks on YouTube there there we go. Now we're seeing all of it, and I can see Demanse, who you know, is fresh off a nice Celtics win. Buddy, it was touch and go there for a minute. But your new look Celtics with Chris STAPs Porzengis who listen before you even go I'm gonna go ahead and reveal to the audience. I don't think you're gonna be bothered by this. You you have not watched a ton of Kristaps Porzingis in your life, because when he was like the star prospect and at his apex with the Knicks, you weren't watching a ton of NBA. When you played a lot of basketball, you didn't watch a lot of basketball. And then obviously last year, when you were watching a ton of NBA, you weren't watching the Wizards.
Speaker 3: So you're familiar with him one time though, Oh really, Oh I didn't know that I'm playing person when he played against the Nets last year.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Yeah, when we went to that game, that that's right, And so that you have so familiarity. But it is going to be a maddening experience for you because there are nights like last night where you're like, oh, my god, as our third option, this guy's unbelievable. And then there are gonna be nights and that is assuming health where he is one of the most frustrating players in the league to watch, but last year he was good. That actually is not the biggest NB Pardon me, I apologize NBA Story of the Night. We will get to that. We have a gambling show for USh off of winning week for me, another losing week for Demonse's teasers, which might need to go back to the lab. They might need some serious adjustment. But here's what missed the cut for today's show, the Titans quarterback situation. Malik Willis or will Levitz not good. Lebron only playing twenty nine minutes in the Tuesday night loss, that he will play Kevin Durant tonight for the first time since Christmas of twenty eighteen, and the World Series starts Friday Rangers Diamondbacks. We might get through the entire baseball season without talking baseball. I'm not sure, but it's looking like that at least on this show. Where we have to start though, is with my large adult Slovenian son against everyone's favorite Frenchman Demons. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: The much anticipated NBA debut for Wimby happened last night, and he did just about what everybody thought he would. Was in foul trouble for majority of the time. It was a big impact on defense. Nonetheless, it was very impactful from perimeter. Within the three point shots. You seem to come around on Wimby. You weren't super high ont in before. But are you looking to adopt a new French son or are you limited to your Slovenian son in Luka Doncic, anybody but you're African American son over here.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, well hold on, I mean that was well done, sir. I have my large adult Slovenian son, Lukadncic will be my only fake child for the time being. I so here's the deal. I am not going to overreact to Wimby's debut in a negative way. He got in foul trouble. He had four turnovers, two of which were offensive fouls in like a two minute stretch, which really kind of threw off his evening because we did see his first Summer League game, he played poorly and then was excellent in the rest of the exhibition season. He seemed a little uneasy and in foul trouble obviously for those first three quarters, but then he was very impactful late and the Spurs could have stolen that game if not for Luka Doncic doing Lukadncich's things. Luca was sensational. Kyrie had a couple big shots late, but Luca was excellent throughout, so he did. Listen, if you bet wimby unders yesterday, every single one of them hit his minutes, his points, his rebounds, his blocks. All of the unders came through. And it was because he didn't have a real impact in the first half and then in the early second half he got in all that foul trouble. But he had a nice flurry in the fourth quarter, a nine point flurry to get the Spurs right back in the game to take the lead. Here is I'm gonna just go out and give one over arching win bin Yama take. That is I think going to be the actual story of the first decade of his career. If he becomes a knockdown three point shooter, he will be the guy that the hype is absolutely real. Not greatest player of all time, I'm not talking about that, but the this guy's going to be a well above average number one overall pick, which if you're an above average number one overall pick, you're a great, great player. If he does not become a knockdown three point shooter, because his shot looks great, but the percentages for his career are not good. It's like, right, at thirty percent, it looks like a shot that will be good, and last night it was. If he doesn't, he is going to be an incredibly frustrating offensive player if he doesn't change his style, because at his size and at his length, he can do devastating damage with the Kevin Garnett offensive game plan of shooting over guys mid range and kind of short mid range rolling to the basket. And so I think the plan is and the initial plan and I get it will be just work on that three point shot because it's it's truly unblockable. Kd's shot gets blocked like four times a year, and he's five inches taller than KD. If he becomes that, he's gonna be the guy that everybody says because defensively he is such a deterrent the way we discussed the other day, the way a lockdown corner is where guys won't even throw to his side of the field. And so I'm not gonna overreact to Game one. I did bet Scoot to win Rookie of the Year. Scoot didn't have a great Game one either, but part of that was because I thought that I didn't know how much Wimby would play and how many games he would play. The other thing is the foul trouble will be an adjustment. The rookie last night sidebar before you go to Monsey. The rookie in that game last night that was awesome was Derek Lively for the MAVs, which they were only able to draft him because they threw away the final week of their season so that pick didn't convey in a trade. They kept the pick because it was top ten protected. They drafted in with the tenth pick. Luca loved him, and Luca was of course excellent, and Luca has a chip on his shoulder this year. Luca's got something to prove in that when people say who's the best player in the league, do people say Luka Ancic demonse.
Speaker 3: No you once in a while, no, no, no, no, I don't think he's the best player in the league.
Speaker 2: He is not even like in contention for that. That is that has turned into a true two man race with Jannis and Jokic. And then when you hear people be like, okay, other than Jannis and Jokic, like give me an MVP pick. You're hearing Tatum's name, You're hearing Devin Booker's name. You Like, it's not that people think, oh, Lucas no good, but he went from being in a Triple A lister to is what happens when you miss the playoffs where it's like, ah, you know what I mean, and you haven't seen you in a while, two months of high leverage basketball and you weren't involved in it, as opposed to after the season before last, when he carries that ragtag group to the conference finals and be like, you know, lucas the MVP favorite. Like going into last year, a lot of people myself included, were saying Luca is the best European in the league. He's better than Jokic. Nobody is saying that now, and so Luca does have something to prove. I will say, sneaky de demanse I was a little concerned about the MAVs from that game, the fact that Wimby, like the Spurs outside of Wimby, have the least talent of any team in the league. Wimby was a non factor for three plus quarters and that's a nip and tuck game, Like, that's not great for Dallas, but they got the win. That was good. There were a few times there looked and by the way, Luca thirty three, thirteen and ten, there are a few times there it looked like you wanted to say something and I just kept going, So go ahead, start my apologies. If you wanted to say something about Wimby, Oh no.
Speaker 3: Any you kind of already covered it by saying that, you know, the Spurs aren't very talented and the Dallas Mavericks are barely hanging around. That was going to ask if you were still in on, uh, Luca and Kyrie. It's obviously game one, but seems like they've got.
Speaker 2: Something to do there. I've never been in on that pairing Listen, I don't think that. I just don't think that makes sense. That was a desperate move by a desperate team when they traded for Kyrie, and the bet was we're getting a top twenty five talent in the league for pennies on the dollar. So let it wasn't really pennies they I mean Dorian Finney Smith's valuable, like they gave away somethings. Call it dimes on the dollar, and so we'll roll the dice. But I don't I don't love the fit now they and relying on a rookie Center is incredibly risky, but Lively was good last night. The other big takeaways from last night in the Association, if we can just go through it quickly, we already mentioned the Celtics. That was an excellent game. The Celtics Knicks game, and that's a good win by Boston when it looked like Jalen Brown maybe had blown it. What's up demands that you look like you're in a Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just curious to see how good the Knicks are moving forward, because I don't It was. It was very close throughout and there were just some stretches where they were doing the same stuff. I saw a lot of turnovers, dumb shots. There was like a sequence where I think the Knicks cut the lead that they had it they were they were down by ten and they cut that down in like forty five seconds and it was just off of dumb shots. Just a bad decision making. But obviously it's only game one and the Knicks might be really good and have a.
Speaker 2: Good well, Listen, I don't think the Knicks are really good, but I think they are a really good regular season team, So I don't think they have and so I think winning a hard fought game, right, they have the right pieces, a coach that's gonna you know, coaching maybe too hard. I think doing all of that makes them a tough out in the regular season. So the and Madison Square Garden just absolutely on fire for the first game of the year. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Boston's on the road, it's first game of the year. The Knicks got their full compliment. That's a good win. The Rockets got thirty bold thirty bold by the Orlando Magic in Emo Odoka's debut with the Rockets. That's not great at all. Dylan Brooks actually, you know, to lose by thirty in the one game a month that Dylan's gonna hit four threes is not great. So I'll just be monitoring the Rockets. The Cavs got to win over the Nets. That was closer than it probably should have been. Ben Simmons, who you know, we spent a lot of the offseason talking about, you know, on first things first, the Benaissance, because wilds things. Ben Simmons is gonna be a real player. He was a customary two of six from the field, four points, no free throw attempts, did rebound and get did have I think ten rebounds, nine assists. The Heat get a sneaky nice win over Detroit. When I say sneaky nice, I mean this Detroit Cade. Cunningham was the number one pick of the draft a couple of years ago, had a really nice rookie year. Cage's rookie year. He was seventeen, you know, five and a half and five and a half, and it was like, Okay, what's he going to be. He then essentially missed all of last year with a shin injury, so people kind of forgot about him. He was the number one pick of a draft. He last night had thirty points and nine assists, playing most of the game or I guess thirty five thirty six minutes. As the Pistons lose to the Heat, the Raptors steal one from the Timberwolves. The Bulls lose by twenty. Shay is awesome. In that game, Shay Gilgess, Alexander and the Bulls have the earliest team meeting of any team or a players only meeting. They called a players only meeting after Game one. I've never seen such a thing. The Kings light the damn beam again. The Pelicans Zion it took him a while to get in the flow, but Zion just got all of his buckets on the inside. He took one shot Demons outside of four feet, and the Pelicans beat the Grizzlies. I'm worried about the Grizzlies, not based on Game one, but just based on no Jaw for a third of the season. No Steven Adams for the whole year. That's concerning. And then the Clippers annihilate the Trailblazers in the Blazer is gonna be the worst team in the Western Conference. So there's a good, little kind of heavy night. One of the NBA recap anything you want to add their pal.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, you're real for doing that, the little recap, But but no, I mean I'm excited for the Celtics season. I won't lie. The only game that I saw last night was the Celtics game.
Speaker 2: Listen, how about this. I'm not gonna lie to you either. I I had pad an incredibly long week. It's why I said today's show is gonna be short. But instead we're still in the first segment. We're fifteen minutes in. U I went to bed in mid second quarter of the Spurs MAVs game, but then got up or after I took your sister to the bus stop this morning. Through the NBA package, you can rewatch the entirety of the game, like without the commercial breaks. So I rewatched it all this morning. But I was, I'm not gonna act like all those games that I just did.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I saw the early group of games on League Pass, and then the later games. I went to bed early. Oh so go ahead.
Speaker 3: One thing of note that I did notice throughout the Celtics game was the flopping thing. There was a call on uh, I think it was Drew Holiday. Somebody got called for flopping. I forget who it was, but Jason Tatum had landed in I think it was Jalen Brunt's, Jalen Brunson's landing space. He fell back. They called the flop on Jalen Brunson. When you went back and you watched the replay, Jason Tatum was clearly in his landing zone. Jalen Brunson fell and it was just like, not only did they get not only did they get penalized, but they didn't get the shots from the foul that that was on them.
Speaker 2: Oh so maybe you're coming around. You made fun of me about being anti this new flopping rule. You were like, oh, the Lebron fan, of course he wants flopping. You are in Game one, you are seeing giving the referees more power through discretion usually does not end well.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, And I think, yeah, yeah, it just sucks. So I mean, but what I see like happening down the line is like when somebody falls, it's always going to be either a call or a flopping car. And I think it's gonna be a lot of room for error.
Speaker 2: But hey, well I'm excited to watch that. That's an interesting storyline. And tonight in the NBA, this is a great, a great two screen night because we have only two NBA games, both on TNT, and we have Thursday Night Football, a good Thursday night football game. So you've got Sixers Bucks Sixers first and Bucks first games of the year, and then Suns Lakers. As I mentioned, Lebron and Durant playing each other for the first time in five years. All right, what's next to Monday?
Speaker 3: All right? So the Bills look to bounce back against Baker and the Bucks tonight. Josh Allen took accountability accountability in saying that his recent play is bad, and he thinks he needs to think less and just play football. But doesn't it seem like that's been the problem lately, you know, him thinking less with the mistakes that he makes.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's so, let's let's just stay there. I He then, also in his defense, was like, or maybe I need to think more. He's in shambles a bit, it would appear, But yeah, I think it's the option. I think the Bills would be six and one right now if Josh Allen just recognized we can win certain games with me being Clark Kent and not Superman. They only lose the Jets game because Josh can't stop turning the ball over, and they lose the Patriots game. In my opinion, I can't prove this, but it's my opinion. When he throws a pick on the first play of the game against the dead in the water Patriots team, it gave them hope in life that now, all of a sudden, you're in a dogfight. The whole game when I felt like the Patriots were ready to roll over. The only game all year that if Josh just played within himself I think they still would have lost was the Jags game, because the Jags did like they the Jags were the better team that game. They had been in England for a week and a half, a lot of stuff. So I just I think the Bills are in a really tricky spot tonight because if they lose this game, the conversation shifts from is this team gonna get over the hump and make the first Super Bowl for the franchise in thirty years? Two? Is this team going to miss the playoffs? Because if they lose tonight and fall to four and four, here's what they have after at Cincinnati, a team that rolled them in the playoffs last year and in the DeMar Hambling game looked like they were the far better team for a quarter than home for the Broncos. Fine, then the Jets, who have already beaten them, at the Eagles, at the Chiefs home for the Cowboys, with still a game in Miami in the final week of the year. If the Bills lose tonight, the Bills miss sing the postseason becomes a very real point of contention, a very real one, and so it's something that needs to be watched. The Bucks, on the other hand, are just trying to win that crummy a NFC South, and so even if they lose, they're okay because it's the Saints stank and the Falcons don't have a quarterback. By the way, real quick, Dusty from the TV show Our Most Loyal What's Right viewer sends this along to us. Drew Knicks players when guarded by Drew Holliday last night, four of twenty three, Julius Randall was one of thirty at well, no, but I'm talking about Randall Randall. This is just when guarded by Drew, Julius was one of ten. Jalen was zero for four. RJ. Barrett was one for four. The team as a whole was four of twenty three. So Drew Holliday box score wise didn't do much, but as far as impact on the game, being the best perimeter defender in the league, he did. He stepped up huge in their first game.
Speaker 3: All right, next, thanks Dusty. Uh So, the forty nine ers are at a really sticky situation right now. They're coming off of two straight losses and brock party is obviously hurt now, so Sam Donald's about to suit up again. You wouldn't you wouldn't air your party for cousins take on here. Uh but yeah, the forty nine ers are serious about winning Super Bowl? Is it time for them to look for another quarterback? Or so they stick this Sam Donald thing out? What should they do? It seems like they're always looking for the fast and cheap option.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a couple things. First of all, fair is fair. I should note that we now have real evidence Brock Party suffered. Did you see the play de moon day? They think Perty suffered his concussion?
Speaker 3: That is concussion. I have not seen it.
Speaker 2: It was there. It was the tush push that they tried. He just gets annihilated on.
Speaker 3: The toush somebody came straight as helmet.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean it's bad first, So like a maybe the NFL is gonna ban the toush push for actual health and safety reasons because no one can do it without getting players maimed, but the Eagles. But also listen, I fair is fair. He both of his interceptions demnse came after that play. So I you know, I have been very consistent on what I think of Party, and yes, his performance at the end of that game confirmed a lot of what I had been saying. But I've gotta be I you know, I've got a. With new information, you can have new opinions. My overall opinion of him doesn't change, but I give him a little more of a I don't want to say pass, but it's a little more understandable. But the concussions are also so weird in this regard. He showed no ill effects after the play, far as like stumbling anything. At the postgame press conference he seemed totally fine, and then symptoms on set on the flight home. So you know what, it's a week. I don't think understand concussions. I don't know. I don't understand concussion science at all. But so they are now gonna go to Sam Donald, and my guess is he's gonna look a lot like Party looks. He's gonna be guys are gonna run open, He's gonna be fine, and the Niners offense is gonna move like and folks, will I do wonder if that then happens, and listen, Donald is worse than Party. Donald is a bad player. So I don't think they'll look as good as they did with Purty, but I don't think it'll be this massive, massive drop off. And I do wonder if, folks, if Donald plays a good game and they win, or all of a sudden gonna be like Sam Donald must be good, or people might come around slightly to my line of thinking. Now I did say party for Cousins. Who says no, with the argument being Cousins can leave Minnesota this offseason and they get nothing back for him and they don't have a contingency plan or like an air apparent quarterback. Right now, their backup quarterback is a fifth round rookie Jalen Heron or I'm sorry, Jaren hall a Jalen Herron. I transposed his name Jaren Hall. So having Party with a couple of years left for free to have a look at him for the rest of this year might be interesting for them and for the Niners. I think they'd become the Super Bowl favorites because here's the reality of the Kyle Shanahan forty nine ers demonse. Thirty six times in his coaching career with the Niners they have trailed in the fourth quarter by eight or more. How many of those games do you think they've won? How many times did they have a legitimate fourth quarter comeback? That is, across all the quarterbacks he's had thirty six times they have trailed in the fourth quarter by eight or more, how many of those games have they won?
Speaker 4: Give it at zero one zero zero is crowded.
Speaker 2: So when your team is built around the idea of we can work around our quarterbacks limitations, when that hasn't worked through three quarters and you need to, you know, you need someone to go out there and make plays on their own. They're oh for thirty six and that happening. And if people are like, oh, well, Nick, what you know games if they're down four and then a team scores a touchdown late fourth quarter, of course they're not coming back. They're ozer for twenty six in games when headed into the fourth quarter, they're down more. So they just can't come back on people. And so they do need an upgrade at that spot. Cousins would do it, but I don't think the Vikings are trading him. All right, Let's go on to the Cowboys, all right.
Speaker 3: Jerry Zones said that he's not looking to initiate any trades, but he's open to them. They obviously need to improve in some areas. Even Michaeh. Parsons one of his podcasts, say that the Eagles are better than them. The Eagles already made a trade to kind of patch up their secondary. Is somebody who still has Dallas in the Super Bowl, and you how aggressive do you think they need to be with trading to make.
Speaker 2: All I would certain The first call I would make would be to Arizona for Hollywood Brown because Dallas clearly believed they needed a field stretching speed receiver and they thought they got it this offseason in Brandon Cooks. But Brandon Cooks has been a zero for them. A Hollywood Brown is a pending free agent, so you could probably get him cheaply from Arizona. I would make that call. If that doesn't happen, I would call the Giants. If the Giants lose to the Jets this Sunday and their season is dead, and the season is probably dead anyway, but if they lose this Sunday and it's officially dead, I'd call the Giants and say, hey, the Darren Waller acquisition has not worked out for you. Do you want to get out of that deal? And for us, I don't. Because the Cowboys let Dalton Schultz walk, they missed the tight end. They also let Zeke walk because they're like Tony Pollard can be our featured guy. Maybe Tony Pollard is better, just real quick, maybe is better with as a change of pace, I would call up the Giants and say, what's the price on Saquon? What's the price on Saquon as you know, ten week rental? And can we do something there? Those are the kind of moves around the edges I would think about. Go ahead, what were you gonna ask?
Speaker 3: Do you think that they would trade within the division? Maybe you want to do that.
Speaker 2: So listen, some teams don't do that. I think that is a dumb philosophy. In fact, I think it's you should go the opposite, which is, if you think you're getting the better end of a trade, you want it to be within your division because you are then putting, you know, one of your major counterparts at a disadvantage. And if the Cowboys are like, we're gonna borrow from the future for today, the Giants are not trying to trade for They're not trying to plan for the future. I'm sorry. They're not trying to plan for today. They're trying to plan for the future. Listen, the Patriots traded Drew Bludsoe within the division. We saw the Vikings trade t J. Hockinson within the division. We trades within the division can happen. I understand that people, you know that it is unlikely. I don't think that should be a big piece of it. All right, go ahead, last one, speaking of the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: All right, So the NFL trade deadline is becoming like the NBA a lot, and how exciting it is and the big names like last year they had Christian McCaffrey, Bradley Chubb, TJ. Hockinson, Calvin Ridley, Rokwan Smith, Big and your guy Tony all those guys removed. Put on your next do Damas hat and tell us what and fill out these categories with who you think will be buyers, which teams you think would be sellers, and who are the players that you think will be traded throughout this deadline?
Speaker 2: Okay, So any team right now that is sitting on two wins or fewer, So that's Green Bay, Tennessee, the Chargers, the Giants, the Bears, the Patriots, the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Panthers should be sellers. Now the Chargers will not be because everyone's gonna get fired there if they don't turn it around. I don't think the Packers will be. The Titans obviously already are I think the Giants should be. The Bears were sellers last year, so maybe they won't be. Patriots, Broncos, Cardinals, and Panthers I think should be as far as who should be buyers. I here, you gotta be careful with it and that you want to do it smartly. Philly has done it smartly in the past. The Chiefs have done it smartly. The Niners traded a lot for Christian McCaffrey. It has worked out in that he's a great player. But you want to make sure you're not you're not hamstringing yourself, right. So I would think that Baltimore I brought up Saquon before Baltimore should call about Saquon. Their running backs are hurt, that team is in a Super Bowl contention mode. They have the equity to do it. If I were them, I Baltimore should call about Saquan Jacksonville should consider calling about Danil Hunter. He's been awesome for Minnesota. Minnesota is not going anywhere now. Maybe Minnesota, because they got that win and they have a soft schedule, they're not going to trade. I would call about Danil Hunter. If I were them, and then Cleveland should call people and see if maybe, just maybe they can include a draft pick and get someone to get take Deshaun Watson off their hands. But that's probably not gonna happen. I mean, he's probably an untradeable player. If Cleveland also should call and try to get Jacoby Brissett back, because at this point, nobody seems to know what's happening with Deshaun Watson other than the fact that he's injured. His coach doesn't understand it. He doesn't seem to understand it. He was cleared for YESTERDA or last week's game. They wouldn't put him back in. Jacoby right now is the backup quarterback in Washington. He's better than Sam Howell, but they're not playing him. I think Cleveland should try to bring Jacoby Brissette back and be a real playoff team this year. All Right, I feel really good about our bets this week. We've got some action on Thursday Night football. We've got some action on Sunday Night football. Demands is going to try to win a tease for the first time since before Labor Day. We do all that next. What's right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in. Put your questions or comments in the chat. We'll get to those. Let's go ahead and just show our picks from last week, because we had a couple terrible ones, yet despite that, we had a nice winning week. Jacksonville plus a point and a half at New Orleans. They went outright and really controlled that entire game. It was closed at the end, but it shouldn't have been. Vegas minus three at Chicago was a disastrous, terrible bet. I bet on Brian Hoyer. It was really terrible. I thought Tyson Bagent would give him the game instead. Josh McDaniels kicking field goals down eighteen. He's just so frustrating. Buffalo minus eight and a half at New England was an even worse bet. They lose outright, But Pittsburgh getting points at the Rams they went out right, Minnesota getting seven at San Francisco they win outright. So my three underdogs all one outright. Our season record is now a sustainable to a degree, sixteen and nineteen. Just need one four and one or better week to be at five hundred and as we head into the home stretch, which is just what we would hope to do. So to Monsay, let's go. I said we're gonna go fast today, and we did a forty minute dy block. Let's go quick on these. But I feel really good about all five of these picks. Go.
Speaker 3: First off, you've got Tampa Bay plus nine and a half at Buffalo.
Speaker 2: That's tonight's game. You don't like it, tell me.
Speaker 3: I think, I do. I do think that the Bills are gonna win the game. I think your thought process is roller coaster. Josh Allen, He's due to smoke Tampa Bay and show them who the Bills can be for a second.
Speaker 2: But no, that's Tampa. I have, Tampa, just the point you do have.
Speaker 3: That's my mistake.
Speaker 2: That's no I have. So it's just too many points. It's too many points on a on a short week Thursday night football. These Thursday night games are not well played, they're not blowouts. And the primetime games, all of these primetime Island games are going under which I understand this isn't a total bet, but it's that fact that there's not gonna be a blowout. The Bills have started so slowly as of late, and I just I do think Buffalo likely wins the game, but the Buffalo needs to just have a vanilla game plan get out of there with a win. I'm getting nine and a half points from a Bucks team that really just doesn't they don't get blown out like that. And so the two times this year that they've lost by multiple scores, they've still only allowed twenty five and twenty points, meaning so the Bucks defense this year has allowed seventy seventeen, twenty five, nine, twenty and thirteen. The two times this year they've lost, they would have not covered this spread. Where against the Lions and against the Eagles when their offense only scored eleven and six points, you know, respectively. But the problem there is the Buffalo defense is so banged up that Mac Jones was cooking them up, and so the Bucks, coming off two straight losses, kind of gave the game away against Atlanta. This is a big spot for them. I think they can keep it close. And home teams on Thursday Night Football are twenty and thirty two against the spread over the last three years. Josh Allen in his last five starts after facing the Patriots has yet to cover. I just it's too many points. Tampa can win outright, and they certainly can keep it close. I like Tampa plus the nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Next Jacksonville minus two and a half at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So two of my favorite teams to bet on, the Jags and Mike Tomlin. And I understand Mike Tomlin at home getting points is a covering machine. I get that. I still think this line should be closer to Jacksonville minus four. I think this is a three point Jacksonville win. I think the public refuses to acknowledge that the Jags are a really good team. Flatly, the Jags in a calendar year have lost five games, one bad loss to the Texans a loss to the Lions and three losses to the Chiefs. Trevor Lawrence over that calendar year has been excellent. They have consistently outperformed Vegas' expectations, and they're on extended rest having played on Thursday Pittsburgh another hard fall victory this past week Jacksonville. This feels to me like a twenty to seventeen twenty one to seventeen Jacksonville win. I think Trevor's gonna play well. The Jags get to six and two. I like the Jags minus two and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, Owen's you don't like it? That one's yeah, I mean it's uh Tomlin. Tomlin covering and always covering as underdog is is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Listen, Tomlin is an all time against the spread legend as a dog. I still like the Jags.
Speaker 3: Here next, you got Atlanta minus two and a half at Tennessee.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is an ugly terrible game, and I understand I'm laying points with Desmond Ritter on the road. I get that. Here is the counterpoint. The Titans are either playing Malik Willis, who is not an NFL player, or will Levis who despite them using a premium draft pick on him this year. Will Levis must have looked so bad at practice that he wasn't even the backup Malik Willis was. So I have seen Malik Willis play. He's awful, awful. Will Levis somehow, Is as up to this point has been worse than him. And so I think will Levis Is probably gonna start because they don't feel like they can start Malik Willis. Atlanta's defense has sneaky been really good this year. Obviously, their quarterback play has been killing them and he's been turning the ball over. But Atlanta this year has allowed the following points ten twenty four, twenty twenty three, nineteen, twenty four, thirteen. That sounds good, but not great. It is great when you include the fact that that team has been that defense has been consistently put on the field in negative positions thanks to the quarterback play. Tennessee is in a selloff that the players in that locker room this week are like, am I getting traded? Am I getting traded? Atlanta, meanwhile, just got their biggest win of the year. Atlanta wins this game on the road in Tennessee, and uh yeah, so that's where we're at on it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, I remember what you what happened the last time you doubted a backup quarterback. This sounds a lot like beartt Raiders.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that is true. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh you got Indiana plus one versus New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got the Cats getting a point against New Orleans. So here are some crazy facts. Derek Carr the worst quarterback this century against the spread as a favorite, The Colts the only team in the league to score at least twenty points in every game this year. Jonathan Taylor rounding back into form, the Colts feeling like they had a game stolen from them last week against the Browns thanks to the refs, Gardner Minshew playing well, and the Saints, on the other hand, coming apart at the seams. As Derek Carr screams at everyone, they realize that Dennis Allen is still Dennis Allen. He's twelve nineteen and one against the spread against teams under five hundred. I just think New Orleans is worse than the Colts, and I'm getting a point with the home team, So I'm doing that, all right. I am betting on three ugly games Atlanta, Tennessee, Indye, New Orleans, and then this one.
Speaker 3: Go ahead Chicago plus nine at the Chargers. Yeah, this one's just a sketchy bet, Like I don't that's a sketchy gay man.
Speaker 2: So I understand that it seems little flip floppy to go from saying pagent could be Nate Peterman to now betting on him. I understand that part of it. But in what world do the Chargers deserve to be nine point favorites over anyone? And what have the Chargers done to where you're like, yep, they should be a damn near double digit favorite. When is the last time I'm gonna look for it? When is the last the Charge? Yeah, it hasn't been this year the Chargers as far as winning by ten plus, like they did it at the very end of last year against the Rams when the Rams were you know, on to Baker as the quarterback and that season was over for them and the Chargers were playing for their playoff lives. Like this is purely a fading Brandon Staley and the Chargers entire organization bet. It's just too many points for a bad team that, by the way, is not gonna have home field advantage. I know I say it every week, but there's Bears fans everywhere. The Bears will have the home field advantage in this game. The Bears shockingly are averaging twenty eight points a game their last four games. And I just I the Chargers don't deserve to be nine point favorites over anybody. They flatly do not deserve it. I'm taking the points.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, all right? Do you have a summary for me?
Speaker 2: There's a summary in there.
Speaker 3: No. He is bet favorites against the two best coaches as home dogs, Tyson Badgean Gartner, Minshew and Baker Mayfield on a Thursday. That's what you're going on?
Speaker 2: How you go five? And oh, that's how you go five? And oh America? Yeah, Tampa plus nine and a half, Jacksonville minus two and a half, Atlanta minus two and a half, In plus one, and Chicago plus nine. The Bills on a short week should not be nine and a half point favorites. The Chargers, under any circumstances should not be nine point favorites. The Jags are gonna win by a field goal, The Colts are gonna win out right, and Tennessee's gonna have four turnovers out of the quarterback position. That's a five and oh week demonse. You know what, I'm locking in the parlay right now, a nice ten to one right now, lock in the arms. Wait is it ten to one? No, that's a four teamer. That's twenty five to one. My bad, five and oh week. We're hitting a five and oh week. Speaking of things that are unlikely to happen, demanse winning a teaser demonse Last week, I talked you out of a good leg of your teaser, but luckily your teaser was dead immediately thanks to you not believing in Lamar Jackson, and so you ended up. So you have now lost five teasers in a row. You're one in six on the year. So what are you gonna do here? Talk to me.
Speaker 3: We're simplifying things. If you guys want to recap, I had Detroit versus Baltimore plus thirteen. Yeah, we're let's just actually just want to skip straight to the teaser. We're gonna get to business exactly.
Speaker 2: We don't need to recap, right, don't. This week?
Speaker 3: Week AD's teaser is a three team eight and a half point teaser.
Speaker 2: Half point teaser. I didn't even know exist. Yeah, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So we're teasing Miami down No. Minus one versus New England. First off, man, I don't think this last week was the revival of the uh of the Patriots. I think they're gonna bring him back down to speed. Miami definitely, just I mean, they don't have a choice but to win that game. And then you got Minnesota plus plus seven at green Bay. That's another game that I just think Minnesota is gonna beat green Bay. Uh. And then you got the Rams plus fifteen at Dallas, and I think the Rams are more than capable of hanging around with the Cowboys. So it was so, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I see that it's minus one ten. I'm not gonna try to talk you out anything here, and I'm rooting for you. The leg of it that concerns me a bit is the Rams, only because the Cowboys have shown the ability against teams with week offensive lines to really turn it into a blowout. If I were going to participate in this eight and a half point teaser, I personally would probably remove the Rams and just put the Chiefs down to a pick them against Denver, which seems like a game the Chiefs can't lose, but I'm not gonna try to impact you. I give this teaser grade an A for effort because I didn't even know you could do an eight and a half point teaser. I didn't even know that was a thing. I've been gamming them my whole life. I've never heard of it. I've heard of six, seven, ten, and the rare thirteen point teezer. I didn't know these eight and a half pointers existed. These new the online gambling, you can just pick whatever amount you want.
Speaker 3: I suppose they let you do like any point up to like fourteen and every half day in between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably a reason for that. All right, what's the offer this week?
Speaker 3: Uh? The offer this week? The producers are betting against us. So if well, if we fail to combine for five of six on our picks, we need to wear costumes on Tuesday show for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Uh no, I turn, If I turn, I don't even need to know. I'm not wearing costumes. I'm not. I'm damn near forty years old. I'm not wearing costumes. And here's what people don't understand about the whole, like the whole, Like, oh, do your live television show in costumes. What happens if there's breaking news of a tragic sort, I'm dressed up like Dracula, and I have to be like in sad news such and such as passed away, like what are you talking about? I'm not doing a live television or YouTube show dressed in character when the the upside is so small. Well, you know what, let him do it now, I will tell you this. With all that said, I'm a bit of a I'm a bit of a hypocrite because Wilds and I did have an idea last year on Halloween that we were gonna tell Brew we were doing costumes and get the reason I had Dracula in my head was and we were gonna do a whole thing where like Brew is a vampire with the fangs and the makeup and everything. But then Wilds and I come out in our regular outfits and we just that wild and I are just dressed in suits, and who was dressed like Dracula. But even that, if that were to happen and there's the breaking news thing, I said, then all you just you just Wilds and I handle it, and Brew goes and gets changed. All right, quick break answer your questions and the Chat next. What's right? All right, welcome back in demonse. Let's answer a few of these chat questions before we go go ahead from Michael White Pollard.
Speaker 3: Michael Pollard asked, well, Baltimore lose this weekend since they are the team of the week. No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Well, Listen, here's the so they are. Not only are they the IT team, they are, they are at the Cardinals, who are the opposite of the it team they are. This is the highest riser and the forest faller furthest faller on kind of you know and such. Well, the Cardinals know they started the year off, people think they're worst than the league, but then they were competitive the first few weeks. They beat Dallas. But now they've kind of you gone into who we thought they were gonna be. Yeah, that's a stay away game for me. I'm not teasing that game. I'm not betting that game. Every single week, the hot team is lost every single week. Like I've talked about, Baltimore definitely qualifies this week. The problem is the Chiefs kind of do too so so and they're both eight and a half point road favorites against teams that are dead in the water.
Speaker 3: All right, Next, Casper Gaming, says Nick. If Sam Donald beats the Bengals on Sunday, are we gonna see him make his Mahomes Mountain debut potentially?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Mac Jones made the Mountain for one good game. Why couldn't Sam Donald?
Speaker 3: All right, Next, Mohammed Musa said on TV, you mentioned Anthony Davis for EMBIID. Does it concern you that embiide has never had a playoff run as good as twenty twenty Anthony Davis or even twenty twenty three Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, of course that concerns you. It's the biggest question mark about Embid's career. But I just I do think that Ad is not likely to get back to the level we saw him get at his first year with the Lakers. And I do wonder if you know EMBIID could get the play with Lebron bump that Ad got, at least temporarily. And I wonder if the Lakers right now feel like we have the second best team in the West. But what does it matter because we can't beat the best team in the West. We cannot beat the Nuggets without a major change, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Jay Roaming questioned Jay roaming is a question does Ers Does a Chargers loss on Sunday Night result in the mid season firing of Staley.
Speaker 2: It's not really the Chargers style, but I mean he's got to be getting close. Man. You played Travis Kelsey twice a year. Your game plan every week is to every time you playim is to not guard him. If you lose to the Bears, something's gotta change, all right.
Speaker 3: Last one, Zach Anderson asked what brand is Nick sweater from? I don't care if I can't afford it, great crew neck.
Speaker 2: Oh I you can. It's Scotch and Soda. A lot of the stuff I wear is Scotch and Soda. By the way, if anyone from Scotch and SODA's out there watching, I went to the actual scott the original Scotch and Soda is in Amsterdam. When I was there, loved the company where a lot of their stuff feel like there could be a great little synergy brand thing here. And this like like a lot of Scotch and Soda stuff. This is not that expensive. My guess is you can afford it. I don't know it was. And now I'm gonna sound like a jerk. I don't I honestly don't know what is and isn't expensive for clothes because I don't buy my clothes. My wife does. But no, I mean I think I I mean, it is expensive adjacent. I think this was probably around one hundred bucks, So like that's a that's an expensive sweat. But it's but you know what it's like, Uh yeah, it's I don't think it's for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: What'd you say, it's not Mike and Marry or nothing, like you know, our money exchange or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, no, HARMANI exchange is the I mean, it's cheaper than OURMANI. It's like there, you know what I mean. It's like Jordan's versus Jordan's brand.
Speaker 3: If that exactly you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, and so it's it's still nice stuff. Uh but yeah, so yeah, Scotch and Soda. I'm sure you can find it on their website. I think it's from last year because I've worn this on the pod once before, all right, yeah yeah. Or or if there was a way to play the opposite of the teaser, maybe people we could all be rich. But you can't really just fade those I'm going five and Oh, We're keeping our fingers crossed for demons. See you guys on TV today at three cho