Speaker 1: Hell, we suck at being newlywed with Dean Haylen Milurkey and Jared haven An.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back everyone.
Speaker 2: We have a lease on the podcast and you know, a lease from Too Hot to Handle. And I am super excited to chat with you because the second you came on our screens, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I have such a girl crush on her. She is so.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, she's so cool, and we have a unique relationship because one of Dean's best friends is your manager. So I have been hearing about you for quite some time and only good things, and you just seem like the coolest person ever. You're an adrenaline junkie and you're killing it on Too Hot to Handle right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much. I've been very excited to speak to you guys too and know all about your backstory, and I feel like we have a lot in common to do with like sports and the mountains and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tell me keep saying that you and Dean would get along great because you've been skiing since you were a kid, and you're into all of.
Speaker 3: The things that Deane's into as well. Yeah, I'd like to clear the air on one thing. I said into it to handle that I started skiing a three months old. It was three years old, but I was like so many people that I was like three months old.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so many did and I watched it together and I hit him.
Speaker 3: I was like, Oh, she started before you. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: So I'm all caught up onto out to handle. I think the new episode is realased on Friday, but you are killing it. Is there anything that hasn't aired that you're nervous for?
Speaker 3: The thing is, I don't really remember what I did or said. It was such a long time ago, so every time I go to watch it, I'm like, oh, dear, I'm not sure what's coming. But I don't think so. I think I've been painted in a good light so far. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good thing when you leave a reality TV show and you feel pretty good about certainly not. I don't want to say your edit because everybody's like, oh, they edit everything, and it's like, yeah, they do, but you know the way you come off. I felt like, so we were all on Bachelor in Paradise and so I I want to get your opinion on this. Do you think from the way the show's playing out right now. It's kind of you imagined it going, because I feel like a lot of times when we go to Paradise and then we leave, we're like, we have a pretty good idea of like, oh I don't think it's going to be good for this person, or like oh they're going to be like the center stage, so on and so forth. Did you feel like that when you left filming You're like, I feel I have a pretty good idea exactly how this is all going to be displayed to people watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely knew what dates would be put in and kind of my storyline. I had a very good idea. I think watching it back, we all think we're maybe a bit different to how we actually are. When you like watch yourself back speaking the only thing maybe not disappointed. But I think in like day to day life, I'm a lot crazier and fun than how I've been shown on the show. I think on the show, I come across quite blunt and harsh and sarcastic, which is funny. Like my friends find it hilarious, but I think you have to know me to find it funny, because all my friends like, we know what you're thinking in your head, but maybe to someone who doesn't know me, they're like, why she said that, Why is she not giving him more to work with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny because usually it's the complete opposite. When someone goes on a reality TV show, they're like, Guys, I'm not that crazy. I promise they make me look way crazier than I actually am. And you're like, guys, I'm way crazier than the show is portraying me right now.
Speaker 3: I think I was thrown like there's so many people on production and stuff that, like, it's really awkward to kiss the guy in front of like not just him, but a lot of other people. And I knew in the back of my head, Okay, my dad might be watching this. My mom, like my nana, who's ninety eight, is still like a Netflix member, go onto Amazon Prime, so she's not got any idea. But was it hard for you to be filmed twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I thought it would be, but not really because you forget, Yeah, the problem that I kept having to remind myself don't sit like that, at least, don't like do that. And yeah, it definitely cracked me up because in one of the scenes, a lot of people have picked up on it like I'm picking my nose, which is so bad. But I was like, guys, you'll film twenty four hours the day like you might have to. You know, people don't get that. You guys get that from being filmed all the time sometimes, you know. But I'm not really to be honest.
Speaker 4: I've got a question. Okay. So I've seen every season of Too Hot to Handle and it's one of mine Calen's guilty pleasures. You know, it's an easy watch. You can like laugh at the contestants, laugh at yourselves, and it's just like fun to watch, right. I don't understand some of the interviews where like I've never seen a hornier group of people in my entire life. Do they do are you guys really that horny when you're there or do they maybe like build that up a little bit more? Because every time someone's in an im saying oh man, I've been thinking about sex the past forty hours non stop, I'm like, what what do you do on a regular day? Are you really? Who are these people? What is wrong with me?
Speaker 3: So I definitely think at the beginning I was maybe a bit like skeptical, like I'm not that horny. But trust me, as like, when you're told you can't do something, you want to do it more. If you can't eat sugar, you definitely want to eat sugar because you're not allowed to do it. So I think as the retreat like progressed. Actually it was like dead serious. I really like this guy and like I am a bit horny, So yeah, I actually do think you do get a bit frustrated when you're not even allowed to really hug or anything. It gets frustrating because you're there for quite a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's understandable. Any of this cone telling you you can't do something and you're like, come on, you're a cone, what are you going to do? Stop me?
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, but I definitely know what you mean. It's very funny to watch.
Speaker 2: That's the question I had too. Okay, every season since the first season, they're always like tricking the contestants into believing they're not on too out to handle? Did you guys really not know?
Speaker 3: I didn't know. Oh, I'm oblivious to like reality TV because growing up in Switzer and we don't really have reality TV. You can't even watch ITV. We used to have to get like a VPN to watch it. I mean, there's definitely Netflix like Netflix shows you can watch, but it's not a huge thing in Switzerland watching reality TV. So I was very oblivious to all that. I just when I got contacted for it, I knew it was like going to be filmed somewhere amazing, and it was winter and I love winter, but I was like, I kind of want to do something different this winter. So I was very surprised and watching it back, my face expression almost looked happy that it was too hot to handle, because I couldn't believe it was two hot to handle. So I kept be like, oh no, but in my head I was like, just that's exactly what I said to Dean.
Speaker 2: I was like, I bet they're really happy it's too hot to handle when they figure it out.
Speaker 4: How has the reception been for you so far? Because to go from you know whatever, just like hanging out in Switzerland skiing every single day to them being on this very very popular TV show, has it been like an interesting adjustment for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I don't think it's quite there yet, just because the third batch job hasn't been released, but it has been crazy, Like I think the thing I'm the most shocked. That is all the love from Switzerland. That was my biggest worry this whole year of like my friends not understanding or them thinking it's like maybe a bit silly. And I've had so many people like yeah, like you're wrapping Switzerland like ski teachers. That's been really cool. It's definitely crazy getting stopped on the streets of La.
Speaker 2: With me.
Speaker 3: I'm weird, like, oh with you? Did you guys the adjustment coming out?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely same as you because I lived in LA at the time before I went on the show, so just going from some random guy walking around La. I still obviously was a random guy, but like, you know, you'd be out at a bar and people would come up to you and take pictures or buy you drinks or something, and you're like, this is this is weird. It doesn't really happen anymore for us. Are our lights dimmed quite a bit since? But you know, it still still happens occasionally.
Speaker 3: I guess totally.
Speaker 4: I gotta I got a question. Yeah, the lights did a little bit. I got a question. So I like I I go back and forth between liking Hunter. So I'm just going to talk about the two love interests that you have right now, Hunter and Alex, at least to whatever extent you can talk about them. Obviously, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Really sure is not caught up?
Speaker 4: I am, I'm on it. I'm episode four, so I'm I'm almost caught up to the of the first batch or second patch or whatever it is. I go back and forth between liking and disliking Hunter. He is very handsome, very attractive. I love his name. He's got like a cool, like laid back vibe about him. But when you guys had conversations at least up until this point, I like, I said, I haven't seen all the way up until where it ends now, but it seems like the conversations have been so dull, So like, how how have you, I guess, navigated that because was it that dull in person or are they purposefully playing up the dullness of those conversations where he's like asking you about you know, he's like telling you about being a butterfly and stuff, and you're just kind of like looking off into the distance, like what is this guy talking.
Speaker 3: About right now? No, So, firstly, I do love Hunter. He's very close to like everyone in the cast, like he's very very funny. I think it's very easy to get like the wrong idea watching it back. But also my sense of humor is quite dry, so me just looking away, like I find that funny because I knew I could make it awkward, but it was quite funny. But and sometimes maybe he didn't pick up on that, so it might look like that. But I mean, like, I'm quite sharp, and we did have a lot of good conversations and moments like maybe that haven't been aired because it was genuinely I couldn't choose between Alex or Hunt, like they both had their qualities, and I genuine didn't know who to go for for a long time, So we definitely did have very very good conversations. I'm not too sure if I am allowed to speak further on this. I don't know if he's logged on, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's fair. It is tough to kind of tell the line of what you are allowed to and not allowed to say, and that's fair. I mean, like I said, Hunter seems great. I like seeing you two together, but Alex seems really funny too, so I'm excited to see how that relationship develops even further.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what has it been like to watch it with your friends and family, because listen too hard to handle. We all know it's pretty much about not having sex but then also having sex.
Speaker 4: So you know, were you.
Speaker 1: Nervous about that or are you very comfortable talking about those things with your friends and family?
Speaker 4: What has that been like for you?
Speaker 3: Well, I was very happy that my dad wasn't in the same country as me at the same time. Yeah, that was number one. I think that like that wouldn't have been possible. Like, no, but my mom and my sisters, Like my mum is actually like my best friend. I will tell her everything and anything. Yeah, there's not much filter. We've always been like very open with talking about sex and guys and everything. So that's not an issue to me, even with my friends, Like it didn't really throw me that much, which is maybe kind of bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just means you have really good relationships if you could talk about those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think it's something that needs to be speak spoken about more, like we're all here because of one reason, right, sex, So yes, it's not a secret. But no, it was okay, obviously it was hard. What I think what I found the hardest watching it back. I don't know if you guys watched back your shows, but I was the most worried about how I would look because I couldn't remember how I was like a year ago. I didn't remember what outfits I wore or clothes. I was more worried about that. I'm not too sure if that's like a girl thing, but that's what I was most worried about. So there's some scenes I was like, oh my god, my eyebrow looks nutty, or my head's terrible. That's what I was more like cringing about. Yeah, A year's a long time.
Speaker 4: My biggest thing was the first fewish seasons of The Bachelor that I was on. I was just so drunk so many times that I would be like, crap, what did I say this time? Just because I was like drunk and I wasn't sure, you know, the hazy memory or whatever it is. But the last season I met Kylen, I was dead sober. So watching that one back, I was like, ooh, I remember exactly how I was feeling in this moment. I remember exactly what I was saying in this moment. So Louie and Hannah and Calen's just telling me breaking up. So if I continue to break up, feel free to flush me out. But Louie and Hannah and then Louis and Christine, they've been hooking up a lot, at least where I'm at right now. How angry were you guys as a group against Louis.
Speaker 3: I find Louise so funny. He's like one of my closest friends in the retreat that you know. For me at the end of the day, it was all a bit of fun. So I wasn't like obviously Hannah as well as one of my closest friends and Christine. I think I just didn't get involved, So I wasn't like that angry at anyone. I just thought, that's not my place to voice what I think.
Speaker 4: So even though every time they were taking money out of the pot, you weren't getting mad.
Speaker 3: About it, no, because so was I. Every time I'd look at Lily, yes, it's fair, you've done it. No, lou Is definitely like my partner crime with the rule breaking. Yeah, So for me, like, I'm getting a lot of messages being like, how could you be so selfish with that like twelve minute kiss and stuff, which I don't know if you guys are up to that point yet watch and a lot of money got deducted, but in my eyes, like it wasn't real money. I don't know if that makes sense when you're out there filming something like that. To me, it was like it didn't really feel legit, and it was not me being selfish. I just genuine sometimes would literally forget about that, Like you're so in the moment and you're there for so long and you're getting filmed twenty four hours of the day that you kind of just forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I'm curious if a lot of people felt like that, because that's an interesting point because it's not money. They're not taking money away from you. It's just money that you haven't gotten yet. So that is interesting because it is different. I wonder how people and maybe too hot to handle should try this next season. Maybe if they actually gave you the money and then they started taking the money away from you, because it is different having this pond and be like, well, you know, that was never my money anyway, and I'd rather just sleep with this person. Ah, So I'm curious about that. Yeah, if of a lot of your cast members felt the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think if you're if like your storyline is very heavy on actually really liking someone, it does become harder, obviously not to spend the money. And I think if you don't have such a big storyline with someone else, it's easy to like never want to spend the money or not understand why the others are. Yeah, but it's a funny concept. It's funny, like two hundred thousand is a lot of money, but when you're there, you're like, it's fine, we've what two hundred thousand of it to spend.
Speaker 4: I've got a question. Do you ever ski in Zermatt?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do. It's my dad's favorite result.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's a it's a beautiful mountain. I had a ski exit there several years ago. I broke my femur and dislocated my hip on some run I don't remember. But all this to say, I want to go back there with Kaylin at some point. So when Kaylen and I get out there, we have to have a big ski adventure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys can go. I'm will be on the bunny slopes.
Speaker 4: They don't really have buddy slopes there, I don't Okay, Then.
Speaker 2: I will be at the bottom at Bray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Dean, you would want to ski that mountain again? Oh, I have to go back and reconquer it. You know, it took so much of me away from myself. I have to go back and reclaim it as my own.
Speaker 1: Do you think you'd be nervous, like right before you're about to go down? I mean you don't think so, no PTSD anything like that.
Speaker 4: I'll be domb Yeah, you guys Dean now pizza No, No, nope, French fries, French fries, Nope, pizza. I don't think I would be nervous. No. I wish I could remember the name of the run, but it was like kind of in the side country area, so I don't even know if.
Speaker 3: It had a name.
Speaker 4: But yes, we definitely have to go out there at some point this winter, hopefully and we can all ski in Switzerland and hopefully get to meet But but yeah, it's so funny because for the for the listeners out there, like a little bit of like unnecessary backstories. You're like a neighbor with Tommy right in London. Is that how you guys met?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my dad actually moved to London and it's like an amuse and Tommy and Simmer and his girlfriend moved in in front of us, and we've been neighbors for like two or three years now, literally like their doors in front of our door. And now he's my manager. So if I need anything, I just run over.
Speaker 4: That's so funny because he's told me so much about you. And like then Caitlin and I like just randomly put on too hot to handle, like last week for fun, not even thinking about it. And like after the first episode, Kilan was like, that's the least to Tommy he was telling you about and I was like, oh my god. I literally had no I like I didn't piece it together in my own head. And then I became like way more invested and I'm so excited to be able to get to watch the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Thank you. The funniest thing happened. It was like, so when I just got back from filming, I went back home to London and I turned up in a tux and kikos hat on super tanned, and Tommy was like, where have you been? We haven't seen media WhatsApp. I was like, oh, like no work such a small world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a great full circle moment on Kaylen, I was like, that's the least. I was like, oh my gosh, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I've heard a lot about guys as well. I've done my fair show of s talking.
Speaker 1: So with no spoilers obviously, because we don't know how this all ends for you, do you see yourself doing more reality TV in the future.
Speaker 3: I mean I had a really good run in there, and my I had fun. I know everyone has a different experience, so I think if the opportunity kind of came, why not. I'm still quite young, so I feel like, maybe, yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: Any other like former cast members reach out to you. Is there like an inner circle of too Hot to Handle cast members?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. We actually had a big dinner last night with like at the Seasons, which is really fun. And it's funny because like you'd think if you've done the same show, it'd be like quite normal. And I was there like starstruck because I'd seen these girls on Swat to Handle and I think I was like analyzing the show because we had the same villa of season four, So I was a starstruck, which is very ridiculous, but I was like, wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had such a similar experience I met. When I met Ben Higgins for the first time, I was like, I don't even watch The Bachelor at all, but I always knew who he was, and I was like, Wow, this guy's amazing, and now he's like one of my great friends. And so it's just like such a funny way to like flip it all around, you know, going from looking up and seeing these people that you not idolize but like you're fascinated by, and then you become close with them. It's just an interesting experience.
Speaker 1: Has Harry reached out? I feel like Harry Harry Chowsey. I think that's how you say his last name. He I feel like he kind of like became correct me if I'm wrong, but like one of the biggest names from Too Hot to Handle. I feel like I see him everywhere.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a big on two to handle definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So has he has he reached out? I'm curious if, like I see him like reaching out to so many different people and like being like, you know, the king of Too Hot to Handle and trying to like you know, put out feelers.
Speaker 3: My dms are a safe place I can't display a right.
Speaker 4: You're very sweet. You're very sweet, so he's definitely DMS.
Speaker 2: Just kidding.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for joining us on the podcast least you were amazing. And I know Dean and Canan and I've been catching up on Too Hot to Handle, but there they've been talking about it. Caleb had talked about it for a while now, so I know she was so excited to have you on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, my first one, so amazing.
Speaker 4: Great, you do great, Thank you, yeah, thanks for joining us. We'll be in switz and soon and we will be sure to give you a call and see you soon hopefully. And I, like I said, I can't wait to see how the rest of your loft story in fulls is it Alex, is it Hunter? Is it? Christine? I don't know, but I'm gonna be watching, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Please let me know when you're in twitch, and we should definitely meet up. I live like an hour and ten minutes from Zermat amazing, and Tommy wants to go seeing as well, so that could be really cool.
Speaker 4: Heh yeah, yeah, thank you sounds good. Well, thank you so much for joining us. Like I said, we'll stay in touch and talk soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you having nice.
Speaker 4: It's nice to you. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram Matt Help, we suck at.
Speaker 2: Being newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next time.