Speaker 1: Way up, way, why.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop Early morning Late night Talking to.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show on the test.
Speaker 4: From the Black Mothership in New York Cities, J MV.
Speaker 5: Charlemagne to God and Jesse hilarious.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all for being culture leaders.
Speaker 5: Man, I appreciate what y'all do for the culture collectively known as Breakwang Club.
Speaker 6: I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say.
Speaker 7: Stuff and it's just gonna.
Speaker 5: Get you in trouble.
Speaker 4: Everybody, wait, coming, it's a new day.
Speaker 5: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait? Wait up, whether you're man or.
Speaker 3: Black, something, to get up and get something call him now eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 5: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Ay?
Speaker 9: This is Stacy? Okay, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Happy time?
Speaker 1: I already know.
Speaker 2: If you tell them stop playing with you stay.
Speaker 9: You're right right right Wait, Charlomagne, I just want to give you your flaw with real quick.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, right because, like I keep saying, I'm a regular person.
Speaker 9: Everybody who I told I was going to the Brokast club.
Speaker 3: They always a negative to say about it, and I'm like, yo, Charlemagne, what's the reason why I was up there?
Speaker 9: So Charlemagne, thank you so much. You don't know what you did for a regular person like me, and you don't know what you did for my cupcake business. So thank you so much, Charlamagne. Okay, that's hilarious with you.
Speaker 10: I'm right here.
Speaker 11: No way, don't call me a little gig but okay, wait, just hilarious.
Speaker 9: How was the edible?
Speaker 5: Oh it was good.
Speaker 6: I'm still high man. This man gave me a cookie. I think it was what two hundred milligrams time?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 9: Oh no, no, just.
Speaker 5: Small crack it was okay, just cra crack.
Speaker 6: No it was no, no, no, it was forty miligrams all together.
Speaker 9: But no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Forty grams and my weed butter forty gram more.
Speaker 10: Than a round, yes, credit, however you measure it.
Speaker 5: I was high as a kite.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, yes, thank you, Okay, j empty, I need the information for the cost that you said I can do.
Speaker 5: Live send you good.
Speaker 12: Don't worry man, if we got some time you coming to Virginia or the one in Jersey.
Speaker 5: Which one we're both.
Speaker 9: I'm coming to Jersey, but you know what I do both if you want.
Speaker 13: Me to, I he gonna have you in the BBC section station.
Speaker 9: I didn't know what that means.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, big big black cyber truck section. It's the big cyber truck section. Rely, my goodness, Okay, got it, Laurence.
Speaker 9: I can't say so long, Lauren in the bad Come on, Lauren, what's going in the back? I got questions for you too, But okay, I love y'all so much.
Speaker 3: And yo, yo, do y'all know that I met ice Q and Dwight I would and they got some of my stuff?
Speaker 10: Yes, they sure did.
Speaker 2: They sure did.
Speaker 3: Jeff A Larrus, we may be in the movie to get Goodbye.
Speaker 5: Too.
Speaker 9: No, thank y'all so much. Y'all are my favorite. I love y'all.
Speaker 5: I'm the city.
Speaker 6: And then and listen that bad boy booty rockers cookie.
Speaker 10: It was so what bad boy booty rocker cookie.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called sugar.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's a sugar cookie. It got fruity pebbles in it.
Speaker 6: It's really really good and you don't even know that you because you don't really taste the TC oil.
Speaker 2: You don't taste the wheat oil. So you'll eat the.
Speaker 6: Whole thing and then that crap a sneak up on you. You know you will be feeling crazy.
Speaker 2: That's funny when somebody take forty said snuck up on me.
Speaker 10: No, underestimated it because it don't taste like edible.
Speaker 12: Now, I did hear a rum and I don't know if this I was gonna look into it yesterday that they're gonna be drug testing people that go to Disney.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't know, my god, no.
Speaker 12: Because you have you haven't had fun unless you have an edible Oh my god.
Speaker 10: The best pace why they jutesting people is that like a lot of people do that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, as a parent, we got to do that to relieve our stress. Okay, it's the happiest place on earth for kids. That's the most stressful place for us. That's why he turned drinks dead. We're talking about.
Speaker 12: Go to edit boy and you go with like the little teacup rising happy, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one, five to one.
Speaker 5: If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's a new day.
Speaker 13: Is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 5: Time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club and I want to get it off my chest first before we go to the phone calls. This This is what happened yesterday.
Speaker 12: And I don't know if you guys are aware of this in New Jersey, it may be some other states. Yesterday I let a car of mine to somebody so he can drive. He didn't know his license was suspended.
Speaker 5: He had parking tickets, He paid the parking tickets, but it didn't go through the DMV.
Speaker 12: He got pulled over and got a ticket. Did you know in the state of New Jersey, if you lend somebody your car and they have a suspended license, that you get a ticket to hell? No, Yes, I got a ticket yesterday because he had a suspended license.
Speaker 5: And it's not a ticket that you can pay.
Speaker 12: I have to go to court, and if I don't go to court, I lose my license and I can get jail time with up thirty days. Because his license was suspended and he was driving my car?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Do you know how sick of court?
Speaker 13: MV is no, no, no dam But I don't see nothing wrong with that, because you know, lending somebody your car, it may not seem like a big deal, but it is. And so if you loan somebody in your car, you should really make sure that they are legally able to drive that car.
Speaker 5: But he didn't know his license was spending. But it's not like people knew he had a parking ticket. It's like he didn't pay the part.
Speaker 12: He actually paid the parking ticket, but it takes two days to register the DMV.
Speaker 5: It didn't register as it yet.
Speaker 6: And then also how close are you with him? Like you got to be closer. And if you just lend your car, it's.
Speaker 2: Like you don't do that.
Speaker 14: Okay, Yeah, so he.
Speaker 5: Didn't know he drove your car.
Speaker 12: That's like if you're letting the call a family member and they didn't their license is suspended. They get pulled over, no accident, nothing, I mean, I don't know, and then you get a ticket, you.
Speaker 5: Gotta go to court, you gotta hire an attorney. It's crazy.
Speaker 13: Well, it doesn't make you think, it does make you think about who you let loan your car, because you might let that person loan your card, you might go rob a bank. I'm serio like they might go commit a crime. So you really should think about that before you just say, hey, you're driving my car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a family member.
Speaker 12: Just like if if Jess says you're eat, let me ball your car. I gotta drive up to the west side of the right back.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, this is my child.
Speaker 2: I can understand that I'm responsible for that.
Speaker 5: My child, just as my friend. But no, but you.
Speaker 13: Said it a family member, that's my child, I can I can understand being responsible for that is wild.
Speaker 10: I got just the fact of the whole situation, Like, you have to go to court.
Speaker 12: You can't just paid, No, you can't pay it. You have to go to court because his license was suspended.
Speaker 2: What family members of you?
Speaker 5: I just say his family A close friend.
Speaker 2: It's a close friendly No.
Speaker 10: No, yeah, now I gotta stop letting Rome hold my customers got let.
Speaker 5: Rome holds truth. And this license is suspended. You get a ticket as well.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: I've never heard anything like that, but that's what happened to me yesterday. But hello, who's this Hey.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: Doing.
Speaker 1: This is Coach Davis.
Speaker 4: Everything, Coach Davis.
Speaker 1: Est Hey listen, I you know, got some bad news last night. A member of my basketball community, uh to come to a heart attack man. And you know he was just just retired man, a week indo his retirement. And it brought me back to uh something that you talked about Charlemagne a heart do a full bite scam the company.
Speaker 13: So my man, doctor pulm At Soren medical man, I'm telling you go get that soaring hearts game. Man.
Speaker 2: Let him go.
Speaker 13: He can look at your whole heart, look at your arteries. He does like a event, show you a three D rendering. You can see all the blockages everything, and there's no age to go, like, don't wait to your sixties. I went, my wife went. I know, Charlemagne went, his wife went.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 2: But you know it's also not just about the blockages, man.
Speaker 13: The high blood pressure yep, the high cholesterol stress, all that stuff can cause you to have heart attacking.
Speaker 1: I just want to get my condolence to my man g Knights and his family. Man for real, you know, you know it's it's it's miss martening to here. You know we've just seen him. You know he was playing in the playoffs. Man, you know, it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: How old was he?
Speaker 1: You know? Uh he was he was in this early fifty early early sixties.
Speaker 2: Okay, man, man, that's young.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry that yeah.
Speaker 1: Very young man. Yeah, but I appreciate your jentleming man.
Speaker 2: All right, and I thank you.
Speaker 5: Get it.
Speaker 2: Hold, Hey, did you get a ticket or did you get cited?
Speaker 5: I got a ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard the people getting cited for Like I have.
Speaker 12: A ticket, like a ticket with my name on it because my name is on registration and assurance.
Speaker 5: And then have a court date where I have to go to court. And then when you google what the fine is.
Speaker 12: It says you can lose your license or spend thirty days in prison.
Speaker 5: Damn for lending somebody in your car.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 12: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Hit us up right now.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Clog, the Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 12: Everybody is dj NV just Hilarius, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: We got a special guest in the belt we Hey, guys, no book.
Speaker 12: The Pretty Victory one hundred Day Guide to resent to yourself and find your purposes out right now, how you feeling?
Speaker 6: I feel so good, I feel blessed, black and just you know, obsessed with this book now, you know, I'm just excited for this journey, like it came from a text message via social media posting and now just having my own book, Like, it's just it's amazing feeling.
Speaker 13: For sure, it makes sense for you to have a devotional book for affirmations because all you do is send us devotionals and affirmations every day.
Speaker 2: And yes, it makes sense.
Speaker 10: So it's completely on brand for brand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know what I love about it because you're just gonna jump training us into it because my he just got other press.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 6: So you know what I love about it is you has said how to use this book. You said it took you one hundred days to start thinking new and doing new things. What are some of the things that you felt like you had to work on in those hundred days? What were that the hardest things that you had to overcome?
Speaker 7: Well, just not entertaining social media was one of it.
Speaker 6: I was fast, Yeah, I was like literally in my closet writing this, Like I literally was just like I was giving snippets on social media. I was like, I watched TDJ, So when I seen TDJ sermon, He's like, stand on what you know. And for me, I'm a mind person, you know me, I'll be all in my head over thinking things. But it was more of like, Okay, let's separate from what I know that I'm familiar with, doing the skits on the table.
Speaker 7: Entertaining, checking the social media, checking the.
Speaker 6: DMS, engagements to like, girl, you could just have this book deal and you need to get to it.
Speaker 7: Like so I was really in my closet.
Speaker 6: I had to separate, just sacrifice the social media, take that away for a little bit, and get locked in in my closet and just start writing. And I was just throwing little snippets on social media to see how people was going to react, and it just became a book and I just had to literally write right each day, you know, shout out to Nikki, shout out to Franky, like just for helping me, because I still wanted to add like the comedic side, and you know, wanted to shot you know, Charlemagne like yourself a quotes like what makes you guys are trying to put it all together. Not just be your typical devotional because everyone is not religious and everyone does understand you know. Yeh, so I believe in Jesus Christ, so you know, I didn't want to dumb that down neither.
Speaker 7: I needed to throw him in there. But it's for everyone.
Speaker 6: It's unisex book, it's for the it's for the women as well, and I just wanted to really like tap into the other side outside of being funny for sure so much.
Speaker 10: Why this for your first book?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: Because Divana is a person that wears many hats. You you are not just funny, you do so many other things. Why not is yeah the first book? Get a memoir?
Speaker 7: Like you said, why why book?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And no, no, no, not not even I well not even but like who you are? Who you are because a lot of people don't know you are Divana XL. Who you say who you are in the book? I trying to spoil it, you do, but you do say in the book, I'm gonna save who I am for the next book?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: And why is that not the first one?
Speaker 7: I just for me?
Speaker 6: I just feel like I just have so much work to do, like that's not even there yet. Like I just need to like do so so much more. I'm just not there yet, and I feel like, let's put something out whether people could appreciate, you know. And I was like this devotion. If someone told me I had an interview, they were like, okay, well we just be like the funny bee, like this is just the book is so serious. I was like, girl, you haven't even got the book, but not even not yet, like you know, like I want to give you guys a part of me, and if this is what I have to do, I'm gonna be still. I remember when I had uh we had COVID and I reached out to Charlotte and they I was like, oh, Charlotte'm overthinking.
Speaker 7: We I ain't got to work that. Charlotte said to be still. I hated when Charlotte told me that. I was like, be still.
Speaker 6: I hate the world still because I get to think, I get to be in my head. But that's one of the things that to answer your question at the beginning, like I had to be still, and I hated it because I was like, this has to be written and the only person that's gonna write it is me and whoever else we hire to help me put it all together. So I mean, I just want to put a devotional out because I'm like, it's just necessary, Like you said, it's on brand, and I just want people to hear my story everything that I've been through.
Speaker 7: You know, delay has ever denied you. You know.
Speaker 6: I talk about Hollywood in here and just don't change, you know, and just keep going and you know, don't be afraid to walk alone. The relationships I have friendships and people I've you know, dated, like how.
Speaker 7: You just don't have to walk alone in your pain.
Speaker 6: You need God will send help people and angels. I talked about it in the beginning when I was so hungry in college, I had no money. I had no food in Miss Daniel shout out to you know, Santagustine University, Hello North Carolina. He helped me, gave me fifty dollars and laid on his heart. God said, you didn't eat and here's here's money. I just talk about all the profeticness. Yeah, that's in here that brought me to this day. So I just hope that I know it's gonna help us, so you feel me. The mission is I don't look at the numbers. I look at like, who am I touching in this season, and if that's what it is, we're gonna rock out.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wanted to ask you, now, your mother's a pasted the crest.
Speaker 12: She still so to talk about growing up with your mother being the pastor and you're still doing the funny skits and the outlander skits and but you still are so close to you your faith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mom, Like again, her mission is to do what she has to do, but the ministry. But this is the thing we're doing ministry. Okay, we're healing, like laughter is healing, you know, outside of what we do is a gift.
Speaker 7: You know what Jess does on.
Speaker 6: Stage, I can't do what she do that's up there fifteen minutes, twenty minutes for the five I'm gonna be here, Like.
Speaker 2: Can we do some magic tricks?
Speaker 7: But that's what you're.
Speaker 5: Yo, I want to do some magic tricks, y'all.
Speaker 7: Don't want to say it like that's me, you know, like gay, Like can we just come on that, like let me put the.
Speaker 6: Pink roll back on, Like that's just like I commend them for being in their purpose and walking in their purpose and being the legend that she is.
Speaker 7: Me, on the other hand, I'm like, I'm gonna jump on some tables.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be some be a personality, these characters that I have, and there's no judging, like just walking your gift and when God steers you some other way, go do that too.
Speaker 7: But right now in this season, I'm just doing both. I'm balancing it all.
Speaker 6: I mean, people may take it serious, may not, you know, and some people you know, may not take it serious, Like, okay, should we trust in this character that has been doing this stuff for years now, she's writing a book.
Speaker 7: I don't believe it.
Speaker 6: So that's why everybody face I'm posting every day about it. I ain't on the table right now. I'm gonna just let y'all see what's going on, because respect this avenue. You know, we we we're doing a lot, but respect this calling. Until I decided to say, all right, it's been five months now, let me get back to what I'm doing and still carry with it because it's my brand, you know.
Speaker 7: But my mom, she loves me. She doesn't judge. She like, if this is what you're doing, just don't do nothing that's gonna take you away from God. Yes, it that's all. She not that type of Mother for sure.
Speaker 2: And you saw out your first show last year when at the where you stage, Yeah, we was there. You sold that out.
Speaker 5: She don't sell out.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're gonna and that's the thing that we putting her on a roll too. You're like, you know, we we adda more characters. I was, actually, we're gonna put shirt on the road, you know, this year. So I'm excited about that. I was just trying to just make get this book going. But Sharon deserves a stage, like more people to see her in New York for sure. This is the pit of Yogymican people. So I want to bring her out here. But yeah, I wasn't afraid.
Speaker 7: My mom came up.
Speaker 6: She see me winding. She's seen me talk about people. She seen me up there, Karen on. So yeah, we just want to walk into that.
Speaker 13: You know that you talked about Jess and her gift of being able to do stand up like you know, stage plays have been around forever, you know what I mean. There's people that have made multimillions of dollars off stage places. Of course, we know the Tyler Perry, the David Talbert. I think yes, David Talbert, I think yeah. But that's a lane that a lot of people, especially your generation, aren't in. You could easily be producing stage yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: And everyone tells me that they're like, I just got a text, I think to Tory Lanes, I know you hear me shut out Free.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He DM me the other day and was just like, yo, you could be producing these plays.
Speaker 2: Like you're like, but yo, yeah, just gonna followed you too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: Well she wasn't following me from she wasn't following me. But I love Meg and you know that.
Speaker 6: But I'm just telling you what he told me, you know, shout out to him like, hey, like I think you should do that. And of course Charlotte told me too. I brought the idea to him, like, Yo, I want to do this. I want to do these plays, you know, I want to get my characters involved. But my thing is is, like I sent him out the devotion, I said, look, thank you so much for that advice. But we're gonna we act on it. We're gonna act on it. But I just I just want to make sure everything is right. And someone told me just do it, I think I'd just be scared of people, just like are y'all gonna show like y'all gonna come out, And for me, that's how it was a serion. I was like, y'all gonna buy a ticket, like you know what it is. And I was so nervous that day.
Speaker 2: But faith, I know, I know.
Speaker 7: So that's why I just I went at it and just did it.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking it with pretty v.
Speaker 6: Just now with all of the long list of everything that you've been doing. You also received your honorary doctor. Yeah, and for humanitarianism. I say that we're right humanitarianism last year, I.
Speaker 7: Know, just said it should be a certificate, yard just a certificate.
Speaker 4: I knew it was coming. I know it.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 7: Certificate now did that now?
Speaker 10: I know you're proud of that.
Speaker 6: I'm extremely proud of you because you went to college in real life anyway, you got real life, you know what I mean. But not taking anything away from your honorary doctor, but did that moment when people were coming for you or you know, the back liss that you received from it, did that take away from like the enjoyment. Did that take away from you know, the fact that it was a victory for you that was still a victory that you received it did, but it didn't right because, like I said, I wasn't the only one who received it. My mother received it that day, my brother received it that day. And I feel like there was there's a process. It wasn't like, Yo, what up can we honor? You're gonna get your doctors. No, I had to, like for the whole went out. I had to get in this class and do put work. I just just do the whole thing before I got it. So I think it was that that moment dragged out for the longest. I was like, why are we still talking about the doctors. I didn't ever tell y'all I was getting a white coat.
Speaker 9: But I.
Speaker 6: Didn't say, Charlotte comes to the graduation and just be here at five and be bring your wife and kids. Like I didn't say that, I said, and I said, I was getting white coat. I got something that the community respect and honored, and I was feeling great about it, like all these great people got it. Ussher miss Michael Jackson, I guess because I'm not in that caliber, it doesn't matter. And she's on the girl, she's doing the skits and like we're not taking it seriously. Oh, they're just giving out this title to everybody whatever.
Speaker 7: I was like, whatever, I got it.
Speaker 6: They see me, they acknowledged me, they gave my flowers. They shouldn't change the name. It shouldn't be a certificate dress.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the day, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I got it and I stood on it, and I know my friends were happy. I know you guys, I definitely every I was just like, let's get it, let's go, you know. So it's just for the next person, you know, like they may call you and say just we want you to be in the honorary delta.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I'm all four, I love that for you a doctor's and she might be akay, yeah, ak ma car and we like jazz.
Speaker 13: Do you not?
Speaker 7: I know, I did a whole video for you when you got this position for Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: The whole video was represented around just Hilare's because this is awesome where you're sitting you like this.
Speaker 7: It was no other person. I hit Sean. I said, oh you, that's Jesse, Like she deserves that seat.
Speaker 6: So even when you went gone with missing for the baby, I'm like, okay, we're just at you know.
Speaker 7: But again, things have to come in and fill in for you.
Speaker 6: But this is your seat so as a person as a pretty v A b simone a, just so as a Drew Ski a Marco. These are accolades that were like, whoa, we're getting like and I'm just happy that I got it, and I'm happy that it's all my house ended up, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm happy. Yeah, amazing. I got one from South Carolina State. Just getting one from Baltimore City Community College.
Speaker 6: First of all, Oh my god, what you know I'm not getting anything from the community college.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't stand nothing.
Speaker 12: They don't have Twitter's the community college.
Speaker 4: Don't do them like that.
Speaker 10: They don't got no damn Twitter.
Speaker 2: Said they want to give you honorary doctorate.
Speaker 7: You know that, Just get that from the community college.
Speaker 5: We let liked to.
Speaker 14: Look at your clan.
Speaker 6: You're talking about me about you said earlier that you know you're talking about people you've dated in the book and stuff too. Yeah, I ain't say no names, understand, ain't no names in the book. She called to make sure I could throw a little other than where's the love life now? Since you don't working on yourself and you had one hundred days to change and to thank.
Speaker 10: Newly, Yeah, where's the dating status?
Speaker 2: And not ready to mingle?
Speaker 7: We is focused, We is getting to it.
Speaker 6: I mean we I'm on a mission right now to just focus on a pretty victory. You focus on all the great things. Whatever I put down on picking back up in the season. I feel like like I'm just growing spiritually more like I'm asking God to cover my heart. Be open to new collection connections, but cover my heart, cover my borderlines of.
Speaker 14: My ear gates.
Speaker 6: Like I'm just really intrigued, just having fun, like the skits, the comedic side, and I'm running with Charlotte told me, He's like, Yo, you're all purpose entertainer. I'm running with that, doing everything I could possibly do whatever I put down on picking back up.
Speaker 7: So right now I'm single.
Speaker 6: You know, I hear whoever like you hear me, like like Miami Dolphins, Eagles.
Speaker 13: What they do like.
Speaker 7: You know, dances, entrepreneurs where y'all ask.
Speaker 11: What what?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 13: I hear?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 7: We working single.
Speaker 13: I'm I want to ask both of y'all some you in just right because in Day nineteen you talk about following God's instructions, right, So I want to ask you, how do you know what instructions of God's instructions and whatnot. And I wonder about that in regards the relationships. Is God say, you know what, that's who you should be dating or that's who you should be dealing with.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I feel like God sent me a man after his own heart. You know, me and Chris, we pray together. That's my partner. Just the first time I've been in a relationship where I actually feel like we're doing the spiritual growing together, you know what I mean. Like in other relationships they I'm not saying that I was dating atheists, you know, but I would initiate the praying. I would initiate, Yo, let's let's read together.
Speaker 2: Let's you know when you.
Speaker 5: Know you sent me to it?
Speaker 2: Ees right?
Speaker 6: He took one and he's like, yo, I didn't know she was doing the daily devotional. I said, yeah, well she sends me. He said, I know she was turning into a book, and you know, we started reading it. Like he he's very very spiritual, He's a Christian godfair man. And yeah, I do feel like God has spoken to to me and told me this is this is the last person that she want to be with. This is the last and final relationship and this is the one.
Speaker 5: This is what I was preparing you for.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 5: I do believe that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: Yes, what about you?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: God told this is God told you. Look, I don't want you dealing with nobody right now.
Speaker 6: See God is the author of confusion, So whenever it gets a little rocky for me, I know that's not him. I've been in spaces where it's been confused, confusion, manipulat tip. I talk about that, conniving, just controlling, and that is not of God. Now, God will put you into situations for you to learn. It's a lesson like warning does come in for destruction, Crevi and y'all understand what that means, like it comes for the destructure. So I think in this season God is saying be still and be patient because you have tapped into different relationships, whether it wasn't good for you, you have tapped into different friendships that held you back. So I think in this season he is telling me to be still and wait on him. See key first, the Kingdom of God. I keep hearing that. Every time somebody called me, they're like, oh, you were in my spirit and this dropped in it. Matthew, you need to read it. So I'm like, Okay, what am I doing that is moving too quick and not bringing God along so and waiting on his answer. So that's why I said in the beginning, I'm just waiting on that soft whisper to move. So in this space that I'm in, I'm like, if it ain't of him, and if I ain't, if we ain't doing what we need to do, I don't want you. I don't care how much money you got. I don't care if you got the gun, the chain on.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 6: If the thebols is to the ground, I don't care if the tims is flapping.
Speaker 7: I don't want it.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking it with pretty V. So question, what's the most important chapter in this book to you?
Speaker 4: The most?
Speaker 12: If you wanted one person to say, I wanted you to read this one chapter because I think this chapter is whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love you, I love you, And because we don't hear that enough. Yeah, the household I grew up in.
Speaker 6: My mother said it, but my dad was very slim to none, you know, cribbian man, very hard, very like straightforward. You don't hear it as much, and then when you do, it's like I have to say it, all right, Dad, did you hear me?
Speaker 7: I said I love you? I love you too. My father showed he loved us for sure, but it wasn't like I want you.
Speaker 6: I want you to tell me that because the trips and the gifts and the Christmas stuff and the Bacter school clothes, that's cool. But I need to tell you who I fell in love with, and they broke my heart. You know, I need you to understand like that. I'm hurting right now and I don't need to call my mentors in the industry to ask for advice. I want to call you first. So I love You is my favorite day of the book. I don't know what day that is, but that that's one of them. More because we don't hear it.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 12: How was that change you as a person? Do you say I love you to everybody now? Because you missed that. You didn't get that like you wanted.
Speaker 6: I do say I love you to a lot of people, But I also I think my heart is warm to people. It's like more open because my father was very closed. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Like again, it was just all about making sure you're dependent your this you become a lawyer, you become a realist. He didn't care about the comedy.
Speaker 6: He was just like that ain't gonna be like whatever until I showed him that I could turn funey into money. And so I showed him that I could do these things about my first home and help the family, you know, as much as I can.
Speaker 7: But I love you was not he didn't say that as much.
Speaker 2: Where's their relationship with your dad?
Speaker 7: Now we're good.
Speaker 6: We locked in, like that's my daddy, like you know, but it's just like being a Caribbean persons, everything is hard. Like it's just like all right, books, make sure you're in there, make sure you become who you're supposed to be.
Speaker 7: Don't do this, don't do that. But like me, my desk, like my best friend, those talks I did him. We had a moment one day.
Speaker 6: In Miami and we was back and forth and like I was like in his space and like you need to respect da da da da.
Speaker 7: So he texts me and my dad and my dad don't even know. I don't even know how you know how to text. I was like, is my little brother doing this for you? Or this is from your heart? And he was like we just have to work on communication. That's the first time he understood my side and I understood his side, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how did you pick who you wanted to do? Your help with the devotionalists?
Speaker 7: The impact that you guys put on my life.
Speaker 6: I mean before like I knew a rap was Charlotte was just like, yo, this show would be great for you. You know, the advice that I've gotten over the years from him, like keep going. You know, I text Strala and like you love you, keep going, you two v keep keep striving. It's just the impact es. I watched her growth. I'm inspired by her walk again, Like I said, I can't do what she does. I think is inspiring to me. Issa, you know, taking a chance on me to be a part of her show and still speaking to me after the fact, like checking up on me, and you know she was gonna be one of my monerators you know for the book too. But her scheduling for people feel what I'm saying. People who to come out, they wait to do things like this is a pinch me moment for me. You know, I don't take this for granted. Like everything to me is like pure and genuine.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 7: And Shaq for give me the best advice.
Speaker 6: Every time I will respond in the blogs, Shack would hit me like literally two minutes after, you know, I have to call you, like yo.
Speaker 7: Tell Shot to block me up, like I know. So I think for me, it's more of like him, give me the best advice. Don't respond. You're a queen. You don't come off your throne for them people.
Speaker 6: And I didn't understand because I want to explain so much and he's like, na, we're not doing that, and do vall like that's just my dog. Kiara Share helped me when I was in you know, in my head during COVID. She gave me her aunt's counselor, you know, therapist so I could talk to her. So shout out to Kiya's Share like I was really in a bad place in twenty twenty, and she was just like, you know, look at the Bible. Everybody in there had committed suicide overthinking you had this in the Bible like this, You're not the only one walking through this space. V like, keep your head up and I'm gonna give you my auntie's counselor so you could talk to them. Because I was afraid of it like I was like, I'm a church girl, like all you gotta do is pray and dad, you'll be all right, But no, you actually need somebody.
Speaker 5: And I'm talking about we'll put you in space. In twenty twenty, just the the COVID, you know, and I.
Speaker 6: Had COVID, and COVID hit me mentally, it didn't hit me physically. I was just in my head at the brain fog, overthinking stuff like just doing the most. And I kept calling mom, I think I need to go talk to somebody, and she was like, it's COVID.
Speaker 7: Like it was bad. Twenty twenty was bad.
Speaker 6: Everyone was passing or at that time, and I just didn't know how. I didn't know how to center myself. And I think in that season is like getting your word, like God's pulling on you with some things. He wants to talk to you spiritually. And that's when I reach out to Kiki and she was just like, you know, I'm gonna tell you right now to keep going, but you know this is gonna happen, but get in your word and I'm gonna give you my my Auntie's you know, counsel, so you could talk to her. So everyone plays a part of my life. Even the Victoria teach can. But like just everybody in here, so be small like everyone's in this book.
Speaker 2: Let's end on this. You say, if you're starving, you'll eat anything.
Speaker 6: Oh Lord, if you're starving, you would eat anything. It's just plain and simple. You know again, you gotta wait and be patient. Like I just said, if the opportunity come for me to do something that's off brand and I want it, and I feel like I'm not doing anything at the moment, and I feel like I need the money, or if I feel like I want to be at a pa a place just to show the people that I'm working, I'll do anything.
Speaker 7: Down the line.
Speaker 6: It starts tending things and tending to brand and making you look crazy when you should just wait, be patient in the scenes, and just wait.
Speaker 7: That's the thing.
Speaker 6: Like opportunities have come to me to do certain things and I've said no, no, no, but I and I know I needed the money. I know I needed to do certain things. I know I wanted to put it towards a share on shore or just my craft. But if I would have said yes, I'm just doing anything just to do it, I'm not waiting on the process. That's why I just said, and I think day two there's a process before the promise. And the thing about it is, we'll just go through. Try to go straight through that promise. And it ain't doing nothing. It's just you just did it just because to seem to show your fans and your followers that you moving and you working. I'm out here with but they got you doing all these roles. I remember a producer hit me there and say, yo, I want you to be a stud and be like a lesbian study in one of my movies. And and I was like you straight, like I don't want to do that, bigger than that, like you know, like no shade, like I don't want to put like give them out like y'all straight.
Speaker 7: Like I'm like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Did you tell them I would do that?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 7: You want to do this wrong?
Speaker 10: I want to be a study, you know, you get study on these.
Speaker 2: Like lesbian, she a little, a little let she like wife beat on.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I don't want to do.
Speaker 10: But I didn't, but I didn't want.
Speaker 8: To do.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: The book is out now to pretty victory, and I think it's only right we leave with a prayer.
Speaker 7: Yes, a pretty prayer.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 2: What a pretty prayer book?
Speaker 7: Is it like a long prayer? Are we getting?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: Father God, we just thank you so much for today, Logod. We thank you that you are so worthy. We just think you that you are so massive, We think you that you are so powerful, Lot God. Other God, I want to say, thank you so much for what you're doing and what you're about to do. Lo God, in these last and evil days, Lo God, this scene in the unseen, the hurt, and the unheard, Little God. For God, we thank you for all the doors that you are opening, but all the doors that you are closing. Lot God, I thank you for every soul who's around this table, Little God. Yes, No God, keep her in perfect peace.
Speaker 7: Lo God.
Speaker 6: Let us know that she's seen, Lo God. Let us know that she's heard, Lo God, every crid that she's crying. Lot Gods, that you hear her. Touchdown on her heart, Lo God, purge her into her greatness.
Speaker 7: Lo God.
Speaker 6: It's so much thing that she wants to do, Lo God, in this season, Lo God, so give it to her. Lord God, give her the witty inventions, No God to do it.
Speaker 7: Lo God. Let's envy, Little God. Keep him going to be the best father he knows how to be. God.
Speaker 6: Let him quite the noise for God. Whatever he may be dealing with that we may not know in his secret place, Lo God. We just ask that you cover him under the blood Lo God, his kids, Lo God, Father God, do around a protection over his kids, look like even his wife, Lo God. Many opportunities Lo God will fall with his family, Lot God. Bless Charloah, Lo God. Keep him in perfect peace for God, anxiety, anything that he may be thinking about, overthinking, Lo God, anything that he may be feeling like on the days that he may not express, Lo God, Father God, we just want to say thank you, Lor God.
Speaker 7: Keep him low God, Other God. We just asked that you cantaput Charlemagne's career, Lo God.
Speaker 6: Too higher heights Tho God, It's never too late, Lo God to do it, Lo God, Father God. Whatever he's writing down in his journal, Lo God, whatever he's thinking about, Lo God, him and his wife shall do Lo God. Even his kids will eat off of those benefits for God and Father God, the generations to come and to come, and every soul that's a part of Breakfast Club's team.
Speaker 7: Lo God bless them now and forevermore in Jesus Mighty name. Amen, Amen.
Speaker 8: She is when she prays, it's pretty rat the pretty victory. It's the Breakfast Club. On the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Everybody is dj NV just hilarious, Charlamagne to God, all the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 13: I am insulted at YouTube or Google because I went to go Google calls just to see what they say he is.
Speaker 2: They called you a goddamn.
Speaker 13: YouTube reality TV show product.
Speaker 11: Yes, well no, I'm definitely multi hyphenate like everybody in this room. So yes, listen, I'm a CEO of a productric company, King Durant a Tame Andrews. I am somebody who has a YouTube channel. I am the host EP of my podcast, Reality with the King. I'm a certified yapper, and you know I'm a Libra.
Speaker 2: Call those. King is here, y'all. What's happening, what's happening, what's happening?
Speaker 4: So happen to be here?
Speaker 6: Talk about a bit because till Charlottage's point, when when people talk about Carlos King, Reality with the King is a big show. People know the moments, but I don't think people really understand that you were very integral in a lot of our favorite reality TV Real Housewives of Atlanta. Yeah, open seas, talk about that journey your career.
Speaker 11: Yes, so listen, I'm the first black man to ever executive produce the Real Housewives franchise in general. So Atlanta is my first one season six and to this day, under my leadership, season six of the Real Housewives of Atlanta still remains the highest rated season on any show on Bravo. So you know, for me, I am somebody who takes my career very seriously when it comes to the amount of work I've done Real Housewats of Atlanta, Real Housewats in New Jersey, And because of that is when I left the show to start my production company, Kingdom Ray Entertainment, and now am the creator executive producer eleven Marriage Huntspill.
Speaker 4: Which is a number one show on Oprah Winfrey's network.
Speaker 6: Write an article on out that says that that show is responsible for sixty nine percent of all original programming hours on own.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so my production company, Kingdom Rank Entertainment, produces sixty nine percent of the programs on Oprah's network.
Speaker 10: Love that me talking about some goddamn man too.
Speaker 5: How do you.
Speaker 15: How do you figure out what you want to do or what you want to get involved in?
Speaker 6: Because Love and Marritimeville original idea, Yes, where does that come from?
Speaker 2: I love black people.
Speaker 11: I'm somebody who is interested in telling black stories. I love black couples, and I felt that at the time, there wasn't a reality show that focused on black couples and their relationships when it comes to not the man being behind the woman like on a Housewives or a female ensemble show.
Speaker 4: One thing I know about men, straight men, they have an opinion.
Speaker 2: I'm a little crooky, you.
Speaker 5: Know.
Speaker 4: Listen a straight black man.
Speaker 11: As we see what the million podcasts people have, they have an opinion. And I wanted to do a show for the first time where the man and the woman had equal footing and billing on the show, and Love and Matgic Huntsville has been the number one showing on for the past six years.
Speaker 10: How did you go about casting the couples? Are these friends of yours or do you know?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 11: I had a meeting with a ban couple named Melody Martell who wanted to do a show about property preservation, and I was like, not sure about that, So I said, find me some people. I want to do a show about couples. They introduced me to the Scots and the rest is history.
Speaker 5: Reason.
Speaker 2: And what keeps you passionate?
Speaker 5: The bug?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so listen, I'm a journalist. Hey Portshaw, Hey Lauren, I'm a journalist. I grew up watching Oprah Winfrey, the late Anon de Luis, who was my idol for so many years and still remains, And for me, I wanted to just be somebody who was able to report on real people's stories, real people issues. So when I got the bug and the call to produce The Real Hospital of Atlanta, that's the first reality show I've done, and the mom is Charlotte May. I stepped on set, I felt like how you all feel. It was it's like when your purpose meets your passion. And I thought that God created me to be a storyteller and to tell people's stories in the most authentic way, and doing unscripted is the blessing that I never thought I needed.
Speaker 4: Wow, well it really is.
Speaker 11: You talk about why, because the thing is this, I feel like everybody has a story. So when I started my podcast Reality with the King, I wanted to create a safe space where people were able to be unprovoked, not judge, and be able to just sit with somebody who cares about them and say this is my truth and this is how I feel. And for me, when it comes to reality television, there's nothing that makes me more happy than to see regular people live their ravish dreams. I think it is the most important blessing of my life.
Speaker 13: When you think about seasons six the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Right now, now we all know all the historic cast members of Real Housewives of Atlanta. What makes a cast member must watch TV? To you, is a person vulnerability? Is it drama or just something else that might be missing?
Speaker 4: It's all the above.
Speaker 11: And what's funny is so when I cast women and men of my shows, the number one question they ask me is what are you looking for?
Speaker 4: And always say I want authenticity.
Speaker 11: The reason why the three of you are so amazing at your job is because people wake up in the morning and want to listen and watch what the three of you have to say. So for me, it's all about being authentic, being vulnerable and listen. We all like a little excited life that may be a little messy, just like the world is so that scarfone and go live. You know, you know, just had to get the mess off off our chest, just had to get the mess off her chest.
Speaker 4: That's a hot sixteen shout out to Nikki. So for me, I love that and that's why we just went live and was talking you know, her truth.
Speaker 11: I called Jess and Lauren and said, hey, I have a podcast car Reality with the King, gonna come on.
Speaker 13: And talk to me.
Speaker 6: I did. But you've been also to even from the first day I met you, you've been really encouraging of us. You spoke to me about Jess before all of that, and you spoke to me about just this environment. What has that looked like for you mentorship wise to because it was I didn't even know you, but you were like, here's what you need to do, here's what you like.
Speaker 15: Why are you that way?
Speaker 6: And what is that?
Speaker 4: Because I know what it's like to grow up in this crazy business and just wanting to be heard. I know what it's like to be the only in the room.
Speaker 11: I'm an openly gay black man, shocker. I know this voice is so deep, so much base in it. But for me, I know what it's like to be the only one. I know what it's like to feel alone, and I know what it's like to be a black person in a space where everybody feels like they know you.
Speaker 4: So when I saw what the two of you were going through.
Speaker 5: TV, listen, listen, listen you.
Speaker 4: First of all, Chanlemayne is the Carlos King of radio, I definitely yes, like my spirit out.
Speaker 11: Of them up because he was like, I mean, you know, say what you gotta say, saying now, get off your.
Speaker 7: Chest and then gave me a hug before she's crying.
Speaker 4: And you was like you felt that way. It was like, should be a crowd for weeks.
Speaker 5: And then say why say a crowd the time? And don't right.
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 11: I love black people, I really do, and I am everybody's mentor. I'm known as somebody who loves all the girls. Every single reality star has contacted me to give them advice.
Speaker 4: They sliding my dms to no shade, to you know, hop on my shows.
Speaker 11: But other than that, they do want somebody who looks like me to say how do I go about doing this? And that's why mentorship is very important to me, because I want to be able to give back to my community.
Speaker 4: In a way that feels safe.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking with Carlos King.
Speaker 13: You know, there's always a fine line between storytelling and exploitation and reality TV.
Speaker 2: How do you know when you've crossed it? And do you care?
Speaker 4: I do care?
Speaker 15: I do care.
Speaker 4: I have a show called Bell Collective. A wonderful woman named Marie Monroe has a mother.
Speaker 11: Who abuses drugs currently and has been doing that since Marie was a little girl. It was Marie's decision to have that story be told on the show. We told the story in one particular episode. Marie was looking for her mother and she was searching for her through crack houses, and we were following it, and we of course wanted the end of the story to be she was getting healed, because that was Marie's a tension. The moment I saw that this woman had a problem that didn't look like she was going to be healed, I ceased shooting with her, and I said that at some point will feel like we're exploiting this woman who clearly still has a drug abuse situation that is prominent today. And I did not want to be somebody to use my millions of viewers and audiences to show a black mother dealing with that for the rest of the show.
Speaker 4: So I sees production on that one.
Speaker 2: And then even not even before you get to her.
Speaker 6: Even some of the other extra Crak kids and some of the houses that y'all followed them in, they was probably like, damn, y I ain't telling us that they was coming to day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, we have to bless the basis.
Speaker 2: The real crackhouses of Atlanta will be fired.
Speaker 4: Carlos Kings of radio.
Speaker 15: Call him local manage for the rest of it. One of the girls, not one of the girls.
Speaker 13: Do you know this?
Speaker 4: Gangs love you, I tell love me.
Speaker 5: They call me.
Speaker 4: They say, I'm trade.
Speaker 2: What means no, but it's.
Speaker 4: Trade is and.
Speaker 11: Clocking in the trade is a black masculine well not black, a masculine man.
Speaker 4: That looks like this, you know, with your basketball shorts and T shirt. Yes, we like brown around over here for you today.
Speaker 7: They'd be like, he's around here.
Speaker 2: So they I'd be like, I was walking out of BACM.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 4: I walked out of Vidcom.
Speaker 13: It was about four brothers, right. I didn't even paid no attention. I'm walking round so I'm minding my business. His ah Charlamagne, don't walk over here. Don't you walk past us with all that ask and I say nothing, We love.
Speaker 1: I went back.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 6: So I want to go back to something that you said before you were saying that you know you wanted to be the change in the industry. What were some of the things that you had to go through before you even got to that, Like you ever mistreated in the industry before you got to where you are?
Speaker 4: Yes, I good question. I remember.
Speaker 2: Being a producer and.
Speaker 4: I worked really hard, and I climbed the ladder the right way. I was a PA, a P.
Speaker 11: I had every step in this business. And I remember I had these sentimentors who I thought were like everything to me, and long sturry short, I reached out to them for advice, like, oh my gosh, you know I have an opportunity to be an executive producer.
Speaker 4: I need some advice. What should I do?
Speaker 11: Do you know an agent? Should I get an agent? And all these things, long sturry short. They went behind my back.
Speaker 4: And told my bosses I did not deserve the promotion.
Speaker 11: Wow, why Because what I have learned in this business is everybody wants you to do great as long as you're not doing better than them, and that was a tough pill for me to swallow. And I remember crying about that because it was my first time experiencing betrayal.
Speaker 4: From people who I thought were looking out for me.
Speaker 11: So when I experienced that, I said to myself, no black person in my willhouse would ever have to go through that again. And that's the reason why my company I have an open door policy. I speak to everybody from the PA to the grip, to the sound person to the executive is because I want everybody to know that when they work for Carlos King, we're gonna have a great time. We're gonna work really hard, but you also have somebody where the owner of the company is gonna shake your hand and speak to you and say thank you at the end of the of the of the shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: You know what I was always wondered about black reality TV stars. They seem to not get the same like mainstream deals or magazine covers. Why do you think the industry still treats black reality stars like they decide this or not not the entree, especially when they had success like Real Housewives of.
Speaker 15: A lot of people talk like that about they feel like she should have more.
Speaker 11: Yes Me, Me to Me is the Meryl Streep of reality television, and we're gonna put some respect.
Speaker 4: On her name.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 11: We all have benefited from Ninnie Leaks, and I'm comfortable saying that given the woman her must do in this business. I think when it comes to black reality stars, unfortunately, just like any black woman in any industry, you aren't given the investment that you deserve. You're not, whether it's the music industry, whether it's journal whether it's you know, the medical field.
Speaker 4: It's an unfortunate.
Speaker 11: Fact that when it comes to black women in any industry, black women lead the charge.
Speaker 4: They're the curators, you know, they're the tastemakers.
Speaker 11: But unfortunately, advertisers feel like if they're not white, would the consumer buy into that?
Speaker 4: And I think they will.
Speaker 11: And that's why we look at Porsche Williams capital p the cover of People magazine, Bernadine Peters, Angela Bassett, you know, like you look at Porsche and listen.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this because I believe in it.
Speaker 11: I think Porsche Williams is currently the black Kim Kardashian of our time, and I think we need to look at her as somebody who is going to make so many strides in this business. And I believe strongly. Her People magazine cover illustrated that fact. And when I saw that, I was like, where's her deals now? I'm like that to me, that to me really showcased like this woman is about to set things on fire.
Speaker 4: Like she did that car.
Speaker 15: You said it was iconic, Well, like, I think Porcha is so iconic.
Speaker 11: And I just love her so much because again, she's what Charlie Mane I just talked about. She's vulnerable, she's funny, she's authentic, and you know she's having a season where she's going through a divorce and that's challenging.
Speaker 4: I think any woman is going.
Speaker 11: Through divorce sees that and understands that. And if you have never gone through a divorce, I think you will never understand what that does to a woman. It does something to a woman, and I've seen it with Ninny Leeks, I've seen it on my shows Loving Marriage. I've seen it across the world, and I think we have to really give her some grapes.
Speaker 6: So we're still kicking it with Carlos King, Lauren, did you see the interview that Simon recently did with page six, where he how did you you feel about that interview?
Speaker 15: In him throwing a lot of the blame on.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 11: I think it's one of those situations where I don't know Simon. I'm and Simon at the wedding for the first time, which the Nigerian one.
Speaker 4: At the time, I was with an African who looked like Charliemagne.
Speaker 1: Was he from.
Speaker 2: The Miley region That's where I'm from.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, he couldn't related to Simon. I don't know the plus one for the wedding.
Speaker 15: Yeah, wedding alone.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, the circumstance.
Speaker 5: Question. Yeah you yeah, be cut.
Speaker 4: So my thing is like vegan, mean, yes, you know, I like a good amount of protein. But my thing is this.
Speaker 11: I met Simon at the wedding day, the Nigerian wedding. It was me Giselle Bryant sitting next to each other, and I saw the love in that room.
Speaker 4: And you have to be there to understand there was love there.
Speaker 11: I am shocked that Simon has decided to go this route when it comes to creating a narrative about his wife.
Speaker 4: Listen, I wasn't there. I was in their bed room.
Speaker 11: I don't know what happened, but I do think when it comes to a man at the end of the day, I do think there's some sort of protection that needs to happen to where you have to look at her mental health and understand that. I do believe that everybody should tell their own story, but I do think it comes to a point to where it could be too much, and I think as a man, you have to decide, like, I got my point across and I'm done, And I hope that Simon and his quiet times understands that. I feel like he did an interview, he got his story out, and I think now is the time to be like, all right, bro, we heard.
Speaker 2: You also too.
Speaker 13: You got to look at it and think to yourself how much of that is projection, because I mean he's going through a lot of trying. Sure, he just was locked up, you got deported, Yeah, set up like shopping a whole new place, even though you're from there.
Speaker 2: Ni. I don't know, he's Nigeria.
Speaker 15: I mean, he can go between both, but I think he's in there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he just can't come back to the mark. I just think when I saw the interview, I just saw a lot of projection.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I saw a lot of pain, and listen, I'm not here to dissect that man's emotion and what isn't really or not.
Speaker 4: I believe he obviously, but listen, I know there was love there.
Speaker 11: I was at the wedding and Portia teared up and I saw so much love between those two that I am shocked that things are where it's at now. But with that being said, I do think at some point you have to put down, you know, the missile, just say.
Speaker 4: I will deal with this now privately, so hopefully that happens.
Speaker 6: Has doing reality CEV ever been challenging to you to the point where you were like, all right, look I'm done with this, Like I'm walking away from this. Like has there ever been a moment where it got personal.
Speaker 2: For you although it's business? Oh, just with the cook you know what I'm saying. I learned, I learned a little bit.
Speaker 11: Okay, Look, I think there is a time to where you have to take inventory of what's happening in an industry. And I look at reality television now and it's not what it used to be. I started in two thousand and eight, Like I was there when need Less had a quick weave.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was there when char had burn gates her million dollar home.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying, Like I was there when things were real and women joined the sh show because they were like, this could be interesting and obviously listen, be famous and all those things and whatever. I don't like where it's hitting to where I feel like a lot of people joined the show for the wrong reasons and they don't understand that.
Speaker 4: It's it's a you're doing a deal where you have to exchange your privacy for publicity.
Speaker 11: And when you hear reality stars saying I ain't talking about that, that's too real, or when they use social media to turn people against the production because they don't like the fact that the audience.
Speaker 4: Doesn't like them in this particular episode, you know what I mean, Like, we all have bad moments. You know. I felt for you when you, you know, talked about your situation. I feel bad for you. You're good, but you know, because he loves, he loves, he's like me.
Speaker 7: He's like, he's like my name spelled right.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, that's Charlagagne. Did you get the g in the end of the e because the g is silent. Okay, So.
Speaker 11: So for me, I do understand that this is a tough industry because of social media. And I have said that social media has killed the reality star, because social media has poisoned the reality start into behaving in a way that pleases them.
Speaker 4: And the reality star if they're not strong enough and if.
Speaker 11: They don't have the right people around them, they can fall into that trap and they can lose opportunities because nobody wants to be around somebody who constantly is berating someone when you're like, we were good all but that episode aired and you don't like the feedback that you're getting. So now all of a sudden, it's editing fault. But baby, during the production, we were good. You know, we had a watch party, was great, you got the episode. You was like yeah, and then user three oh seven nine, I be and you like production and it's like come again. So those days to me are definitely diminishing. And that's the reason why look Reality with the Kings of Hip podcast, and that's why I'm so happy to announce that we have partner with Black Effects.
Speaker 5: A.
Speaker 4: Reality with the King of Effects. Yeah, so shout out to Charlottemagne, I really appreciate you.
Speaker 11: Listen, You're somebody who I always looked up to since your days being with Wendy, and I feel like our stories are so parallel because I know what it's like to be the psychic, and I know what it's like to just want to be able to of course service the person who you're working for, but also have your own dreams and desires. So with my podcasts joining the Black Effect Network, you know, expect things to be bigger and bolder, and listen, I think for me, it shows that you have two black men who are powerful in their own individual industries. But I believe this partnership will show the world and the community and the culture that two black men okay, can join forces with no ego and figure out a landscape to where we can do business on a multi level scale. So the fact that this partnership is happening me and I'm charling made about to make a lot of money.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I'm looking forward to, you know, learning the world of unscripted you know, through you, that's what I want Black Effect to be a multimedia you know company, right, multimedia production company.
Speaker 2: So you know we've already talked about doing unscripted stuff.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, now that Reality with the King is on the Black Effect Network. First of all, download app. Okay, they got recently Shady, which Isell Bryant and Robin Digson. They got the Latest with Marnold, so they have a lot of people. So I'm going to be dropping between the five episodes a week.
Speaker 15: Are you coming from me? Because I'm daily?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, listen, there's room for everybody. Yeah, yes, as long as I don't have a bob you in good hand?
Speaker 2: Want hair?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 11: Please subscribe to my podcast under the Black Effect Network, Reality with the King, and we do exclusive interviews for YouTube. So I have Angela Oakley.
Speaker 4: From my house bos and Atlanta up right now.
Speaker 11: We got some more heavy hitters coming up, so subscribe and like my YouTube channel too.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's the Breakfast Club. Thank you.
Speaker 13: It's a read.
Speaker 5: But you're so good at Charlamage wants Charlemagne as well, who.
Speaker 7: He's a dusk.
Speaker 13: The other day to the well sexy Red don't get it, Dave goes to a thirty four year old woman from Mississippi named Jesse fay ez L. Let me tell you something, man, I don't know what world we live in anymore. Okay, stop thinking you know people because you think you know, but you have no idea. I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Personally, I believe after nineteen ninety God stopped making humans. Okay, he stopped making humans. He sold the patent. It's his product, but not his recipe. Because these people out here look like us, but they not like us.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: See Jinia went into a Dollar General with a gun, very low hanging fruit. Okay, if you're gonna take a penitentiary chance, don't do it at Dollar General.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would rather you not do it at all.
Speaker 13: I would rather you not walking to any store with a gun, but definitely not Dollar General. In fact, if your brain says I should go rob this Dollar General, you should immediately change your thoughts to I should go in this Dollar General and fill out a job application.
Speaker 2: Okay. One of the reasons it's stupid to rob a Dollar General is because.
Speaker 13: You never know how much cash Dollar General has on hand at any given time, so you might fool around to get twenty for twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: The money in Dollar General fluctuates constantly based on sales expenses, depositis withdraws.
Speaker 2: It's just not smart to do. Not smart to rob any place, but definitely not a Dollar General. Okay. Now, just Senia into the store with a firearm and demanding money.
Speaker 13: Then she got into an altercation with an employee before leaving the scene with an undisclosed amount of money. Dear Dollar General employee, Dollar General not dying for you, Okay. The only way you should end up in a fight with someone who walks in any store with a gun to rob it is if your life is being threatened. If you're fighting for your life, I completely understand. Other than that, get the hell out the way and go hide behind the Dorito's. Now, I'm not giving you donkey because you robbed the Dollar General, Jacinia, I could, okay, but there is more to this story. See officers came to the store to investigate, and after they came to investigate, just Sennia did something no criminals should ever do, and that's returned to the scene of the crime. What did she return to the scene of the crime for? Would you like to know?
Speaker 2: What do you think she returned to the scene of the crime for?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: What'd you take I have no idea because she dropped her cell phone. I repeat.
Speaker 13: Officers said they were at the store investigating when Jasinia Easel returned to the scene.
Speaker 2: And asked about a cell phone she dropped during the robbery.
Speaker 5: Is it crack?
Speaker 2: It's got to be cracking.
Speaker 13: Okay, Easel, you got the right last name, because you must be a crackhead.
Speaker 5: I ask you if you look in the.
Speaker 13: Cast the new crackhead name name Eazel, and last Friday, we have found your person, rip A J.
Speaker 2: Johnson.
Speaker 13: Okay, you just robbed the Dollar General at gunpoint, Jacinia, and you came back to the store while police was investigating to ask about a.
Speaker 2: Cell phone you dropped during a robbery.
Speaker 13: Let me tell you something, man, even if you're not smoking the fried cocaine that's normal from our era.
Speaker 2: You are absolutely.
Speaker 13: Addicted to this new drug, the biggest drug on the market, by the way, and that's your smartphone.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: Once again, smartphones making dumb people. We love these devices so much. We treat them like they are the seventy ninth organ in our body. We treat them like they are our hearts, our lungs, our livers, are kidneys.
Speaker 2: We are addicted to these devices.
Speaker 13: No doctor has universally diagnosed us with phone addiction, but it's obvious. Okay, all of us exhibit behaviors and symptoms that suggests a strong dependency on these smartphones. And this right here is just the latest example. Some donkey today is just sell themselves. Please give just Senia an easel. The sweet sounds of the Hamiltons. You want to play a game, and we think we gotta figure it out. You gotta figure it out, you gotta figure it out. Okay, well let's play a game.
Speaker 5: Yes, what rac.
Speaker 13: Yes, Just Senia Easel from Mississippi went to Robert Dollar General, got into a fight with an employee, but then left with an undisclosed amount of money, but came back to the scene of the crime. Why police were investigating because she dropped her cell phone?
Speaker 4: Dj envy, guess what racious?
Speaker 2: Black damn.
Speaker 13: I don't like how you said. That's so quick as why why you think that gotta be one of us? Just a hunch, Just a hunch, Okay, the hunch.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, just hilarious.
Speaker 4: Just sent it.
Speaker 13: Easel from Mississippi walked into a Dollar General to rabbit, got into a fight with one of the employees, but were left with the undisclosed amount of money, but came back to the scene of the crime while police were investigating because she dropped her cell phone.
Speaker 2: Just Hilarious, Yes, what right she is? I'm gonna say, black suit.
Speaker 6: Why ease l is her last name? Okay, Okay, So I robbed the many Dollar General's not that gunpoint.
Speaker 2: No, not a gunpoint.
Speaker 5: Don't judge it. We don't know.
Speaker 6: But I've definitely robbed many of them. And I'm gotten into altercations with cashiers as.
Speaker 2: Well, because you were stealing something and they trying to stop you like it's.
Speaker 10: Theirs and it's not.
Speaker 4: Since I can steal some stuff that you see and chill.
Speaker 5: But why Dollar General? Why not? Because it's easy.
Speaker 10: Everything is only a dollar.
Speaker 5: I told you me and I was broke and be sorry. I wasn't out here.
Speaker 10: It was like you since I was ten, I was.
Speaker 5: I had to find a lot, so man asked.
Speaker 2: You to steal.
Speaker 13: I want just Hilarius and DJ Envy to note that they are both absolutely positively wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay I was.
Speaker 10: I'm going off experience. He's just judging black people because he not led.
Speaker 13: That's Rightminican Jasinia is not black? What is she's?
Speaker 4: It's a difference.
Speaker 13: It's a difference, and then tell y'all learn the difference. Y'allill continue to make that mistake. Okay, okay, okay, care Yes, but why she went back in for the phone where she's in the police day?
Speaker 2: I have just skated all the time.
Speaker 5: Well, she probably thought that they was there for something else. Up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, honestly, she fright thought the cops was there for something else and came back and just yeah.
Speaker 2: She wasn't thinking. How was she thirty four? Damn damn yeh, she's stupid?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today, Yes, and Ded the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Morning, Everybody's d j Envyesse hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club law La rosa feeling and for Jess And we got.
Speaker 5: A special guest in the building, Capitol p.
Speaker 12: Hawshaw's back Portia Williams welcome.
Speaker 5: What's good? How are you feeling?
Speaker 7: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 14: I was just saying, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 2: La like your sister.
Speaker 15: Yes, I love me a good Lauren.
Speaker 6: Lauren.
Speaker 15: Lauren's a special people, they really are.
Speaker 6: I was just saying this morning how many I have. My sister is Lauren Lauren. We have another stylus Laurens just Lauren's.
Speaker 5: Everywhere, Lauren's everywhere.
Speaker 7: Thank you giving money and rich honey.
Speaker 5: Rich back on Housewives? Yes? Who would have thought?
Speaker 6: Three years away from the show and now I'm back. It's really exciting.
Speaker 7: To be honest with you, I.
Speaker 2: Went, could you get a lot of money for you? It's not like you need to be on Real Housewives.
Speaker 6: God has you know what it's God has really been good to me three years away from.
Speaker 5: God really good. Okay, inspired, but no.
Speaker 6: You know, I have a certain relationship with my fans. I've been doing a show for ten years and they're really not fans. I call them supporters because they've been with me through everything a divorce, giving birth, to polar on TV like ups and downs of life, and so, you know, I really felt like at the time it was gonna be great to share my.
Speaker 14: Life, my happily married life.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 14: But I one thing about me and my fans do respect. I'm transparent.
Speaker 6: So even though it didn't turn out the story that I wanted to share, I still was open what I had.
Speaker 12: So let's let's I want to know, let's start with the divorce right automatically, people people assumed it was infidelity. But you know, in the first episode you talk about you would go to the airport and you would always get pulled to the side, and you got to the point he was like, why the hell do we keep getting pulled to the.
Speaker 14: Side, right right, right side?
Speaker 6: No, no, it doesn't benefit me at all for him to be locked up mentally and financially, it doesn't benefit me. You know, just because you're going through a divorce doesn't mean you hate someone. I hate actions, I hate lives, I hate a lot of characteristics, but I love the person, you know, and I would never wish harm on anybody. And at the end of the day, I know that he's the type of person. He's a slithering snake. He's gonna find his way out of it. I'm sure he'll be fine, you know. And I pray for him, his family, and I hope they all figure it out.
Speaker 15: So where is it at right now?
Speaker 6: Because last the last reports were like he's detained, the citizenship was denied, Like, so where is he physically, and like what's happening right now? So I only know as much as you guys know, and as much as what's online, As far as I know, they've been posting that he's still being detained.
Speaker 15: So in Georgia, I'm not sure.
Speaker 14: I haven't looked into it that much.
Speaker 6: I just know I'm trying to finish my divorce and I can't do that if I don't have a person to divorce.
Speaker 14: So we need we need to be in court.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you know, he wanted to have our last court date, which was just a couple of weeks a week ago.
Speaker 14: He asked for it to be in person.
Speaker 6: I didn't want it to be in person because I knew this whole thing, you know, when I got enlightened about the.
Speaker 14: No I knew that he already had.
Speaker 6: A peculiar situation with the United States of America, and so it wasn't gonna benefit me or him for it to be in person. We had already done a year's worth of the divorce over zoom, So why in person?
Speaker 14: Why are you fighting for that look?
Speaker 13: Just like that.
Speaker 15: Last look.
Speaker 2: Divorce to do?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: You also fouled that he didn't want you to record in the house.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, so I did. It was your house, yes, our house.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I know He's explained it a thousand different ways online. He has documented our entire divorce on The Simon Show online, and then I have the housewives, I suppose, But yeah, there is paperwork in place that would make it a marital property fifty to fifty split. Outside of that being enforced, it is a pre marital property or whatever. But you know, I am on the other side of this, Like we've been divorcing now, through this process for a whole year, and you know, I've emotionally it's caught up with what I had to do. So like, emotionally, I feel like I'm ready to be done with it. I'm ready to heal RT you to move on. But you know, here comes a reality show. So here's the part of my life where it gets interesting. I'm done with the divorce, but I had to deal with it all the darkness on camera.
Speaker 5: It comes right back.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and so now I have to come back. So now I have to be super prayed up.
Speaker 6: I have to be super vigilant of who's around me, of energies, I have to be very protective of my piece at this point because I know what I'm getting into. More than any other season, this season could affect me more than any other self.
Speaker 15: And girl, this is your season.
Speaker 6: Like I mean, you've always been like you, Kenya, Niini, Candy, y'all are the OG girls. But right now I think we're all excited because you have been away from the show. We know that Kenya eventually exits, Nini's not there, Candy's not there. So it's like we are looking for you to bring back how it used to feel. So there's so many eyes and people are gonna critique it so much, so like, what's the daily mantra with filming because these girls are not They're not was gonna give you that protected piece that you're talking about?
Speaker 14: Well no, because I just met a couple of them, So.
Speaker 11: I was like what.
Speaker 6: So you know, for me, I came back into this kind of feeling brand new, not gonna lie, like three years is a really long time from having cameras in your life on a daily basis. I was looking into the damn camera lands for most of the day. Bike I was forget I was getting stumbling over words. It was like brand new Porsche all over again. And then I just say, you know what, I talked to the producer, So this was collaborative me coming back. A big part of me coming back was collaborative. We had conversations my husband or a strange husband in production about how I wanted to be and how I asked them to be was completely honest. I asked them, can I break the fourth wall? Fourth wall on reality TV is saying I'm late because I had to fill my momm in house because it's to see some desist on my crib, you know what I'm saying. So I told them, I said, listen, the only way I can do this is to just speak my truth and be one hundred percent honest. You can edit what you gotta do later. But for me to get through this, at this dark time and losing like my person, I have to be as honest as I possibly can. And they agree to that, and I feel like they stuck with that. You know, I gotta see the show, but I feel like they stuck to letting me just live authentically.
Speaker 13: Got I saw a doctor Simon with more call you a mean girl. Why she said that about you capital P No, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I couldn't really understand what she was saying. I think Simone is reaching that straws. I mean, I don't know, I think Simon is full of it, just like that piece of Dodo she had on her head, like she just to me she on her show sometimes when you're on reality TV, right, she's an obgy n. She started on the show and you know she was a regular person and now on the camera. Sometimes when you start lacking in story, you start lacking as a person individually, you start just reaching and coming at on point. So she's lacking. So when people lack, they try to deflect and come to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't get me and girl from the first. I got late. He was late.
Speaker 14: I was late, lnot to be late.
Speaker 6: But again, logistics behind the scenes, things that you will see and things you don't know. I had to film at my mom's house because you know, I couldn't film in my house at.
Speaker 14: The time, and she lives out in Duluth, baby, And that was on a Friday.
Speaker 7: In the rain.
Speaker 6: Wait, you're talking about filming at your mom's house in the house, because I saw online that you So you weren't awarded so possession of the house, so I was.
Speaker 15: But you still can't film there.
Speaker 6: So I was, so no, here's the thing I could film. I could do what I want in my house. I can film like a whole porn on my house. I can do what I want, right. I know, I ain't had nothing in a while, so I just don't think about it. But okay, so I can do what I want in my house. However, he sent the ceasing assist to Bravo, So when he sent that to Bravo, they don't want to play with that. So I needed to get a separate document that said I can film in the house to give to them so they don't have to worry about him harassing them with legal things.
Speaker 2: Right, but can he send anything legally being that he's here illegally.
Speaker 14: I'm not an immigration attorney, but if he has.
Speaker 5: An attorney, he can send with it.
Speaker 2: I would think everything he sends his nolling voy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but brav I'm sure they want to fight that. Well, let's help.
Speaker 12: South was still kicking it with Porsha Williams Real Housewives of Atlanta Chelamage.
Speaker 13: I want to ask you about this some old thing because she said I think she was if I'm not mistaking correct me, Lauren.
Speaker 2: She was saying that Phadri left her should to come back with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they freaking back, So it's like now the reunion of them as a friend.
Speaker 15: She was basically saying.
Speaker 6: Freak and frack and over there to check was whack, Like okay, so that because I was going to ask you that because Faeder comes in later in the season, I'm like, was that switch?
Speaker 15: Because what did you need the friend? Or like, did this the money?
Speaker 14: We always need Faedro.
Speaker 6: I don't give it, Dawn. We always need the legends of Real Housewives of Atlanta. There's just certain situations to where we can't have some.
Speaker 2: Of them back.
Speaker 6: But if there was, where there's a will, there's a way. I wanted to have Fader back. The cast wanted Feder back, and Bravo wanted her back in her home on Housewives?
Speaker 5: Now, how tight are you and Drew?
Speaker 6: Drew? You know what Drew is some people you just realize, Okay, you're just a little Is she still an ambassador of go nackad Hair?
Speaker 7: Absolutely lenand Okay.
Speaker 6: Hair and now it's just hair brand and put my hair on people's head and then they think they're me Like that's what I can't do, Like that's what we're not gonna do.
Speaker 14: You don't become porsit by wearing Portia's hair.
Speaker 6: You need to just enjoy my hair. Take it out when it's dirty and put it in back in when it's clean, you know, like you kid, just like all that. She is a She's the okay person. I think for a lot of her friends, I think they love her. I think they trust her. I think if you're not her friend, you shouldn't trust her and you shouldn't be around her.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 6: So with you saying you shouldn't trust her, you shouldn't be around her, and she is not wearing goneked hair anymore. You were not happy about the allegations that she might be in a relationship or whatever with Dennis your ex.
Speaker 14: Sin is why I like Breakfast Club. You asked the question that need to be answered.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 14: So here's the thing on the show.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it's gonna come off again because it's just the show has to sensationalize things. Right, So how good is it for me to be going through a divorce and I'm still jealous about my baby daddy?
Speaker 14: That's bs right.
Speaker 6: So in real life, she actually was trying to film with him behind my back, and that's.
Speaker 4: Just not cool.
Speaker 13: Come on.
Speaker 7: With him on Housewive.
Speaker 14: So it's just not cool, right. It felt like a setup for me in some way.
Speaker 12: So you didn't know Drew was recording with Dennis. You didn't know anything. You didn't know that they were speaking, know that they were.
Speaker 7: Episode.
Speaker 14: I didn't know any of that episode.
Speaker 7: What's so funny.
Speaker 6: I saw the episode and she was like she asked him and I said yes, and she talked to me and I say yes, and I'm like, that's just not true.
Speaker 14: Like I genuinely didn't know.
Speaker 6: Look at the end of the day, like I told Shemia, if Drew and Dennis want to get together, I just hope she can do baby hair for Polar, Like I'm happy with you. I think she's a great parent. I think if him and her were to get together and you know they can have a solid relationship, that's good too. Just don't screw me where you asked me to come back to be She had been asking me to come back to Housewives, and when I came back, this is what you had way on me, this wax storyline that y'all came up with.
Speaker 2: If it was real, you wouldn't have a problem with it, of course not.
Speaker 6: I've never got Listen, everybody knows Dennis and I have a great coparents relationship and it is strictly because his personal life is his personal life and mine is mine.
Speaker 12: So he didn't say nothing to you at all either. You found out on the show, So y'all didn't have no conversation.
Speaker 6: No, I ain't gonna tell me because he could benefit off me finding out on the show. Yeah, heres cool, Yes, yeah, not.
Speaker 8: Like you know.
Speaker 6: Please don't take that SoundBite like that. I mean, yes, and that's my daughter's father and I want the absolute best for him.
Speaker 2: But do you love him like still let him sweat on you? She just said sling hot.
Speaker 5: Dogs was on me.
Speaker 6: No, Now, I can't even I and you know, this has been a period of time. I've been divorcing a year, you know, and a lot of people move fast, even in their divorce time. I just don't see him in that way.
Speaker 14: I just don't. And I think because it's because of polar You don't play with that, you know.
Speaker 6: I'm already going through a divorce and she's already you know, losing someone who she called a stepdad, popae, et cetera. I don't want to play with her seeing me and her father be in a relationship and then break up.
Speaker 14: That's not responsible for me.
Speaker 6: So the love I have for her just causes me not even to be attracted to him in that way at all, because I just don't We have so many ups and downs, our relationship can be toxic at times, and I just don't want to enter into that space for him.
Speaker 5: YEA, have a great relationship parents and co parents.
Speaker 6: We have a good co parents from what I am single right now, So we go see how it works out when I get somebody's that.
Speaker 2: Hard to find somebody to porsch it because you are so high profile.
Speaker 13: Yeah for you, Because your high profile you on TV, people may not want to be They may not want their life involved in that.
Speaker 14: True.
Speaker 6: So certain caliber of people I do tend to attract a lot of opportunists. So yes, the people who probably are opportunists who are in their own lane, doing their own thing and don't want to party anything I have going on probably tend to skew away from trying to date me, which is the downside of being a reality star. But I just feel like at the end of the day right now, I can't even think about that, Like I can't even imagine me like being with someone else right now, because I still have the energy of my husband around me. So when that's done, I think maybe the atmosphere will be like her King is coming.
Speaker 13: You said something that was interesting. You said that you can't get the energy of Simon off you. What makes you get the energy of a person off you? Like Lauren got said, he your sister got.
Speaker 2: To see.
Speaker 5: She could.
Speaker 14: But you know, this divorce, it's gonna take some time. It's gonna take time to the public.
Speaker 6: Our relationship was so sensationalized that I don't think they saw it as a real relationship. But I genuinely did love my husband, and I had all kind of plans. If you have ever been married on a long term relationship, everything you do you're considering that person.
Speaker 14: They're a part of it.
Speaker 6: So everything I'm still doing, I'm having to piece him out of it, you know. And I'm still in our home. I would like to redecorate or do whatever, but I gotta still wait to see what's.
Speaker 14: Gonna happen with that.
Speaker 13: He and I.
Speaker 14: Stop talking about Simon. This is not true.
Speaker 7: You're wrong, this is what what is it says can't be real.
Speaker 2: That I haveno.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 14: Okay, so uh Lauren, look at that.
Speaker 7: What is happening?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm just playing.
Speaker 2: I made that up.
Speaker 7: What y'all scared?
Speaker 12: When Charlemagne put together let me tell you before the interview, he didn't tell none of us, right, I thought it was something with me. You see him laughing at giggling, so we knew he was up to something. But he even planned it because he had somebody walking in the letter says.
Speaker 6: Yo, right now, this is I don't know, this is this you know people online of course they're making it was like, oh, you know she called or whatever. This is like a person who I have shared a life with. I don't want nothing to happen to him. I don't want I didn't want him to part it. Like at the end of the day, they scared me.
Speaker 7: He was like, mister mental health just threw you off. It's in my piece. Something happened to somebody. Because you look like you were about to cry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 13: There was a lot of men that were happy that that happened to him, though there weren't. Yes, because how do you feel about you?
Speaker 6: Because and that's the scary part about being online, like going in on a personality that people actually like.
Speaker 14: You don't know who could have done anything, you know what I mean, You just don't know.
Speaker 12: You were still kicking it with Porsche Williams from Real Housewives of Atlanta, Charlamagne.
Speaker 13: What happened on uh when y'all shot the Upshaws? Because we had Ninia up here. Yeah, and she said you blocked her from Mom, but you wouldn't do it with her.
Speaker 6: I was doing this show called the Upshaws, and she kind of was like, she didn't want to do the upshot was with me.
Speaker 5: She didn't tell me that. She told the production crew, and the production told us that. You know that's true. I don't believe it's the truth.
Speaker 7: It's the truth.
Speaker 2: She did that.
Speaker 14: So no, it's not that I wouldn't do it with her.
Speaker 6: So I signed on to do the Upshaws and I had just fouled, So when it happened, I had already signed up to do the show and I really couldn't cancel at that point. So when I got there, I just was sitting in the green room or the waiting area, and I just like start bringing down oh man. Then she was in the room next to me, just hearing her voice broke me down because I just felt you when you're going through the divorce. She just felt so alone. Just hearing her voice just it was just too familiar. And you know, I had not talked to her. I didn't know how I could face her. I didn't know how could face anybody. So it genuinely wasn't me saying no, I don't work with this person or that person whomever. Because I agreed to it. I just was incapable of doing it that day. Emotions mentally and emotionally, I could not gather myself at all. So when I spoke to them, they were like, you know, I understand you're not gonna be able to act as a housewife today. They ended up letting me go home, and then they said we'll fill you in. We'll fill in your spot with Cynthia. And then after that, in true Nini fashion, she just turned it into something about herself and and Jane wasn't about her. It was about me, you know what I'm saying, Like her actions of like taking Simon's side and hanging out with him with women or whatever they were doing, which is fine because in a divorce you gonna pick a side.
Speaker 14: I can't judge if she wanted to go over there. Who knows. She may think he right and I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: God, you know you said you like seeing the OG's on the show. Would you welcome Nini back?
Speaker 6: Yes, I would walk on her back. I mean, it ain't gonna look like I'm welcoming her back.
Speaker 14: Let me get that straight. Weed gonna have a.
Speaker 6: Time in the beginning, But I'm I'm for what's good for the show. But I just feel like, realistically, as much as.
Speaker 14: We all love Nini and I mean miss Nani, realistically you just can't sue a network.
Speaker 6: You cannot say things about Andy Cohen that are that damaging and expect that bridge to still be standing. So unfortunately, I just don't know if she can cross that and come back. I got one more show question because I know you also are acting too. That lifetime situation we want to talk about. But Kenya, so I know she's not going to finish out the season because of what happened with her and Brittany, But they were saying that she could come back put potentially season seventeen.
Speaker 7: Who said that.
Speaker 15: I thought that she was only suspend different the rest of the sixteen.
Speaker 6: I thought she was only suspended for season sixteen and could potentially come back for seventeen.
Speaker 14: Though I would hope that's true. I just can't see.
Speaker 6: I'm in one hundred percent agreement with her not being here. I would love for her to be at the reunion. I'm for what's best for the show. And I loved where Kenya was going. She's not that happy with me right now.
Speaker 15: You know, she's not what was you right now?
Speaker 7: I thought you were doing better this season.
Speaker 14: She didn't like when I said that.
Speaker 6: When I compared her to Britain and I said they were similar, And I said they were similar, but I meant because they're both fabulous.
Speaker 14: They're both to me speak.
Speaker 6: Their mind, like you know, she when you don't like somebody, you don't want to be compared to them.
Speaker 7: So got you.
Speaker 14: But whatever girl, I got had, I got to talk about you. You a part of the show. Don't you want to be talking about it?
Speaker 6: It's kind of crazy though I didn't even think about the reunion, like the fact that she won't even be on the blow.
Speaker 14: She said that it's possible. I'm still hopeful. I'm still hopeful she is. She's still a big part of the show. She's not the show. She didn't make or break the season.
Speaker 6: But Kenya is a person who I've been doing this for a very long time, and for once we were possibly about to have a season of not being foes. You know what I'm saying, Phadri, I have to say when Fhaedra came in, she helped to elevate the show as well and keep us where we needed to be because everybody been wanting to see her. She's been gone the whole time. King'd have been gone, so you know, it's people wanted her back. And Candy has been really upset about how Kenya has been treated by the network. She's been very vocal about that. And then Faeder coming back. I don't know if Candy's too excited about that as well too. But do you feel like the network protects you guys the way that they should, because that's what Candy saying, is like the network didn't protect one of their stars, which is I still work for the network, so I don't share certain sentiments. Okay, let's be clear, all right, I'm saying that I think Kenya deserves an opportunity, and an opportunity can be given to anyone.
Speaker 14: You can always say no.
Speaker 6: She can say whatever she wants to say to Britt, the cast, the crew, and whoever, and they can say no. But I believe she deserves that opportunity. I ain't say a damn thing about the network.
Speaker 7: Love the network.
Speaker 13: Talk about all this money you're getting pampled by Porsche, Lifetime, Go Naked Hair, the Lifetime Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's Detective Ebane Williams, and the upcoming Lifetime movie Single Black Female three the final Chapter.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, that was that was big for me. I always want to be in a Lifetime movie.
Speaker 6: I am obsessed with Lifetime, and I am amongst the cast of great women who've been They had two other movies. This is the third installment, the last one, and I played Detective. I look totally different in this movie. I even stopped doing botox for this movie.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 14: I was like, you know what, I'm not doing any botoks. I want my whole face to movie.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 6: No, no, you look good all right. But in the trailer, because I know when you saw those both.
Speaker 14: Times in there, every freaking line, I got a crows feed.
Speaker 6: I got all of it because my raw is so different from who I am like, I'm an alcoholic, I'm a bit of a stalker. Like you know, I ain't gonna say who else what else I've done in that movie, but I think it's gonna be a good look for me in the acting world because it's totally different from me playing myself and a lot of other things that I've done before.
Speaker 13: I got one last question, Will a Nigerian man get another shot or do you feel like the stereotype is true and all of them are scamas?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 14: So you just done well.
Speaker 6: I am Nigerian, so of course I would date another one, you know, I would. I would marry another one. I want to love and marrying who is gonna be honest and love me. I'm not ready to get married. I'm not rushing into none of that. I mean unless say you say that downs see by the end of the season, being like, oh of course she got new ring, get married again?
Speaker 14: I would. I would get married again.
Speaker 5: Why of course?
Speaker 14: So just because of him, I can't get married again.
Speaker 6: I can't enjoy the comfort and the security of being I love being married.
Speaker 14: I love being a called somebody's wife. I love waking up every.
Speaker 6: Morning sitting at your feet, asking you what you need me to do, Like, I just love that that's in me. I'm a Southern girl, and I think that's probably why Nigerian men and like men of wealth like me because I am very submissive and I'm very loving and I'm very even though I'm all that I am bought here, I can shift that a bit for my man.
Speaker 2: Do they have to have wealth?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 14: I was thinking about that.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about that, and I think if I didn't have a daughter, they don't have to have wealth.
Speaker 14: They do have to have self.
Speaker 6: So you need to be self suffer fishing, needs to have your own business about yourself and needs to be able to come in here if I get pregnant and provide for our child.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 6: I like this new conversation of like Dolly Parton oh rp to her died, but I liked her relationship like they were separated a lot of the time, it's in space physically, but they kept their relationship strong.
Speaker 14: Like I don't feel like I have to live with my husband.
Speaker 15: Charlie Roth does that too, Yeah, Shirley Bright, and.
Speaker 6: I loved when she told us that I don't think it has to be traditional. I feel like my next relationship will not be traditional. It'll be a little bit open.
Speaker 14: Okay, Oh you would do a open really really not with another female, so you.
Speaker 15: Could go and have another man, But he can't have another woman.
Speaker 14: I haven't found one who's gonna allow.
Speaker 6: If you don'tet let me know. But no, they don't allow that. They don't allow that. I just mean as far as like your tradition of him having to be in the house, gotcha, I honestly could be in the house with just my baby and be good and then we come and visit my house houses though, I mean, you have an rooms in your house to be able to do that. So why y'all didn't just do it?
Speaker 14: Because I also like to be under people.
Speaker 7: That's sounds so confused, because.
Speaker 15: Yo, I'm confused, me and my man.
Speaker 12: So I'm sitting here like yo, Jesus Christ, Porscha, ladies and gentlemen, real housewives.
Speaker 5: The man that comes on this Sunday, Peacock, and we appreciate you for stopping.
Speaker 4: Williams.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wanting everybody.
Speaker 12: It's DJ NV just hilarious, Charlamagne and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's time for positive.
Speaker 2: Note what we got positive?
Speaker 13: Notice simply this man, Be careful what you wish for uthers because it just might get to you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 13: To wish bad things for somebody else is actually like looking for something bad to happen to you. Because when you wish bad calm on somebody else, you bring bad calm on yourself. Okay, you are consuming and bringing in negative vibes into your life. Instead, be the person you wish they were. Be the person who brings only positive thoughts and good vibes into their own life, because being negative yourself will only bring negative into your life. Don't poison yourself hoping somebody else will die.
Speaker 5: All right, Breakfast club bitches, you yn'ta finish
Speaker 2: Or y'all done