Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: Today's episode contains spoilers for dared Evil Born Against season two, episode six.
Speaker 3: Be warned, be warned.
Speaker 4: Hello, my name is Jessy except you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Risney Night and welcome back to ext Revisions of podcast, where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, at pop culture, Comedy.
Speaker 1: For Heart podcast, where we're bringing you three episodes.
Speaker 3: Plus news plus news.
Speaker 5: In today's episode, Oh it's a requiem. It's episode two oh six of Dad everl Born Again, And if you remember what happened at the end of last episode, you may be in for a great shock how crazy things are about to go. And then we'll of course be bringing in Aaron for discussions. He's gonna have some vital questions for us in the wake of episode two six.
Speaker 3: So yeah, let's get to recapping.
Speaker 2: Darrivil Episode two o six requiem fisk is Shattered is bad?
Speaker 3: Let us?
Speaker 2: The thing that I think we all saw coming when doctor Murati first came in last the previous episode.
Speaker 3: Why did he take this job to take what is doing on the mayor.
Speaker 1: About how he was going to do everything he could do.
Speaker 3: Happles.
Speaker 2: Doctor Murati comes in to pay his respects which I'm sorry everybody, like doctor Muratty, take the day.
Speaker 3: Go in there, leave, go Elope, go to.
Speaker 1: The Berkshires or something.
Speaker 5: I know I might go to your summer house in the South of France. Book it, get out of tell your family like, do not go in then offer this manual condolences when you could not get the piece of crystal in and hit the shape of his own face that killed his.
Speaker 3: Wife out of her head. Come on, my guy.
Speaker 2: So he comes to pay his respects, and of course Fisk seeming as if he's going to embrace doctor muraty.
Speaker 3: Oh, He's like, can I have a hug?
Speaker 2: I need him up and breaks every vertebrae in his back, squeezes him, just.
Speaker 3: Popping each dudude. I love it when Wilson gets like a little.
Speaker 2: Plastic packing bubbles pop pop all the way up.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, and then just leaves and he just leaves them.
Speaker 3: Rob This man just leaves bodies in his weight.
Speaker 5: He does not care, like there's no question who killed that man, like there's no plausible deniability, like you were in there.
Speaker 3: He is crushed, like he was put into one of those you know.
Speaker 5: Viral kind of crushing things that everyone loves to see things pop out of I think everyone's gonna know it was Wilson Fist. But you can't just leave him there, like put him in the incinerator. He's too awful, he's too crazy. This is what we were saying last week. This is not Mad Wilson Fisk. This is Matt Kingpin.
Speaker 2: Vanessa gets a huge funeral and of course everybody shows up, and Fisk can't even sit through the whole thing.
Speaker 1: He's so broken up, he's so.
Speaker 2: Shattered about it, and you just know that he's about to go fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: He's gonna go nuts.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Matt and Karen are nursing Decks back to health. But remember Dex was gut shot by Vanessa Fiske's little little derringer silver plated Deringer pistol, and mister Charles doing the brad Pitt for Motions eleven eating thing. Now this is he wasn't doing it early, but then he started doing it in the middle of the season.
Speaker 3: No, you know what he did it when he first showed up.
Speaker 5: He did in Albanya because he was eating the hero and he was like, you know, they have hero king out here.
Speaker 3: But the first time we saw him.
Speaker 5: He was just drinking, so it's not from the beginning, but it's like it definitely is this thing.
Speaker 3: But it also feels weird because we haven't seen him last episode like a tool. So uh.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he loves he loves eating. I guess that's like his that's his comfort thing.
Speaker 2: So he's eating and he goes to see the crates of stuff, his stuff that is trapped, you know, in Fisk's warehouse, and they start popping it open. The task Force gets all new weaponry now because I guess they get to dip into mister Charles's stuff. And Uh Saunders, Officer Saunders, the uh undercover resistance officer is there watching all this stuff getting unpacked, and he's not He looks too nervous, like he's not yet.
Speaker 3: Be more cool, man.
Speaker 1: You gotta cool out, man, if you're gonna do this thing.
Speaker 3: He's like the.
Speaker 2: Eyes wide, looking back and forth, looking at everything.
Speaker 3: It's like, calm down, man, exactly.
Speaker 2: Armed guys show up outside of a beautiful home somewhere out in the country, somewhere it's gorgeous, looks like a say, New York, yeah, Woodstock or something like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Hudson Valley, beautiful place in the Hudson.
Speaker 2: The mom goes out and absolutely rerex fucking house just throws them all around.
Speaker 3: It's a very many getting killed.
Speaker 5: They're getting like smashed against windows.
Speaker 3: Thrown fifty seat into the room down.
Speaker 2: It's very easy for her because she is Jessica Jones and she's finally showed up.
Speaker 3: You wanted it, you said, guys, what is she?
Speaker 5: I need to see Jessica, And I have to say, this is one of the coolest entry points and entry sequences that we've seen, especially.
Speaker 3: Because of what it goes on to reveal.
Speaker 2: So she goes inside, she finds her daughter with with Luke of course, playing with the gage, takes the.
Speaker 1: Grenade from her.
Speaker 2: Matt and Karen call Angela and her aunt to try and you know, get some better medical care for Decks because they don't know what they're doing, and Decks is like bleeding out. Angela says that, well, you know, like the city is in mourning for Vanessa, but many people are also mad at Fisk for everything, including murdering two people in three nights, the guy in the boxing gym, his opponent who he murdered in the ring, and doctor Mrani, who he just recently jellified, who, by the way, was like the world's best like neuros.
Speaker 3: He's gone, well, like he's they just took that away.
Speaker 1: Because no longer it's saving lives.
Speaker 2: Karen tries to get Angela's Karen's like, it's too much heat. You know, the task force is going crazy out there. You gotta lay low, but she won't.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, they do not know.
Speaker 2: That Christophe is dead. They don't know that that happened. They don't know that he's been cut up and buried in a grave, and upset her, Karen wants to talk about Bullseye and all the people that Bullseye is murdered. And it's a lot of people. I mean, it's got to be in the fifties or sixties or seventies.
Speaker 3: Oh at least maybe a hundred.
Speaker 5: I know, you think it might be a hundreds, Agatha, but I do think if you think about the injuries from the first season of Dead Evil Born Again and how many people were injured in that bombing and the shoot agg Oh.
Speaker 1: The casualties.
Speaker 2: The casualties just like non fatal casualties, Like if you just put all the casualties in a pool, it's probably like.
Speaker 5: Four hundred, yeah, exactly, And I so I think that definitely between like seventy five to one hundred deaths.
Speaker 1: I think four hundred total casualties. So like, yes, Karen is like, you know, we what are we doing? And she also says like you should have let him kill Fisk? Why did you stop it?
Speaker 5: Like seriously, Matthew, Karen is like, if you don't want me to kill and you don't want Frank to kill, let this man kill.
Speaker 3: He'd kill.
Speaker 1: He's already got eighty seven bodies on him.
Speaker 3: Exactly, like he's going to hell. Oh what does it cost? Man?
Speaker 1: Is of course little boy scout.
Speaker 2: Matt is against it, and you know, Karen is still dealing with the fact that she killed Wesley and she's you know, haunted by this, and she she's basically saying, like, I'm haunted by this. I can't imagine like what fucking Dex is dealing with. They argue about like what to do If it's either Fisk or Matt like the what then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you gonna kill in then? Matt like or are you gonna like sacrifice yourself? This woman loves you?
Speaker 2: Yes, then Karen gets a text with the address to a meeting and she tells Matt that, and she tells Matt about this text, and he goes off to this meeting, leaving Bullseye with Karen, which is like, what a pair.
Speaker 1: Of these two are.
Speaker 2: At the wake, the governor, it's nice of her, a pair of respects, and this is of course her one, her one hope in kind of yeah, bringing Fisk to heal somewhat was Vanessa at the At the wake, the governor and Sheila discuss Fisk, and the Governor's like, listen, I want I need Fisk to like wind the whole thing down, the safe streets, the anti Vigilanta campaign, all that I needed all of it to start.
Speaker 5: Insane OSK Now Vanessa is dead, Like you know that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Can you, like what about you? And she's like, you know, have you ever thought about being mayor? Because maybe, like if something, if Fisk were to be thrown out of office, maybe if you got in there with my support. Basically, she's saying, would you wind all this stuff down?
Speaker 5: I feel like she needs to approach any woman who has nothing to do with Fisk. Why is she always going into his office and being like.
Speaker 3: You're May, You're May, You're a mare. It's like, come on, just find any other candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's very clear that the Governor's is thinking about like getting Fisk out of there. Somehow, BB tries to take Dan out for his birthday, but he's finally playing hard to get with BB because mainly because he's scared that like further involvement with BB is gonna like get her killed. But BBE is really really pressing, and Dan is like, no, I'm going to my mom's house. And of course, of course it is Staten Island, by the way, of course he lives.
Speaker 3: Of course, like we knew it.
Speaker 1: BIB is like, well, I'll go with.
Speaker 2: You to your mom's free broken that'd be great, Like will you hang out with your mom? And meanwhile, but and then Buck comes over to put even more pressure on, and Dan is like flipping out about the fact that he helped cut up christophin bury him in a fucking green.
Speaker 3: He's so stressed.
Speaker 5: And also it's like he's just had like what would have been the best day of his life.
Speaker 2: Otherwise yes, you know, it's like she's chasing him now. Bibe is chasing him now, and Buck is like, well, listen, you're a made man in the fiscal organization now because you now you have you have blood on your hands, which means you're a maid guy. And all you need to do to really cement your position as like you know, who knows how high you could go is find out if BB is the leak, And this is how you do it. You do the tyry in Lanister you her, which is also the Miami Vice movie version.
Speaker 1: You feed her some false.
Speaker 2: Information and you see if it comes out in the in those Fisk reports or the BB reporter anywhere else, and if it does so, then you know for a fact.
Speaker 1: She's she's leaking.
Speaker 2: Mister Charles calls Fisk and is like, where's my shit, man, where's my guns? Where's my you know, where's my little pistols, where's my provate launchers, where's my bulletproof vests, where's my kevlar helmets. I don't care that your wife is dead, he says, crazy thing to say, because you picked the wrong one on the wrong day.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I want my stuff. We had a deal.
Speaker 2: It's millions of dollars worth of stuff, and I want it, and I don't care that you're sad because your wife died in Fisk.
Speaker 1: Hans out.
Speaker 2: People are and this is crazy. People are laying flowers like she's the Queen Princes die candle in the wind type behavior. They're fucking laying flowers on the steps of city all grace ement and it's just insane that they're doing this, but so silly, as Angela said, some people are upset also, and some protesters show up to picket the flower.
Speaker 5: Lake, which is also crazy because I have seen many things that many protests, but picketing people laying flowers like sure.
Speaker 2: Guys, okay, okay, what are we doing. Darren Nevil goes to the spot and it's Jessica. He's meeting, and she's like, Matt, things are getting crazy now because Task Force guys came up to my house in upstate New York. They're not even in the New York metropolitan limits and they're going all over the place. They're not intern have jurisdictions up there, but they came up there to kill me. And she says that it's because the US government is backing Fisk. And we know this because of mister Charles and his mister instrictions, She says, someone at the agency, which we would assume to be the CIA, now that the Shield has been defunct and the CIA is mainly taking over kind of domestic superhero intelligence type operations, even though technically, from a purely legal perspective, the CIA is not allowed to operate actively in the geographic United States. But that's fine, she says, some one of the agency is trying to collect super powered individuals, and we know this has gotta be the contessaf Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's Contessa, And I think this is also meant to make us think of powerbroker Sharon Carr and kind of this idea. Yeah, I know, we love Sharon Carr, bring her back into this crazy situation because also it seems like Jessica and mister Charles like that she seems to have knowledge of whatever's going on with the government, Like there's more hair to be unpacked, and I'm very excited to see where that goes. Because we know that Charles works for Contessa. We know that that's been confirmed, right, but like why he thought or she thought that they could go to Jessica Jones's. They obviously don't know that much about her powers then, you know, so it's this kind of interesting like how much did they know? Do they have a kind of files on these people? Was that lost off the shield?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: Are they having to kind of an hydra? Are they having to kind of rebuild that? Are they trying to find superheroes who are outside of the you know usual because this for Covier Accords, the defunct that's true, you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: So Jessica basically says that Luke joined up with this government backed CIA back crazy superhero group to do probably like secret missions like across the globe, right, black black site type missions, black bag missions, mm hmm. And she doesn't say it out right, but she suggests that Luke was involved in it. Yeah, And she's a little banged up from the fight at her house, and she tells Matt that something ever since the birth of the child, something's been going on with her powers. They kind of come and go like she's he's super strong, and then it's gone, and then she's super strong, and then it'll be just like you have to plug it in and plug it, you know, unplug it, plug it back into. Meanwhile, Matt sneaks into the warehouse, the area where the red Hook area where all the crates of guns are are being hidden. He's there with Jessica. They're looking at the stuff. They go in, they take for they take out all the task Force guys. Powell almost kills Jessica when her power frits out. We see this now that the powers kind of fritz out, but Matt saves her and then the explosives in the crate go off.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a quick break and we'll be ripped.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 2: Heather is up in the private quarters of Vanessa and Wilson Fisk for the wait crazy scene.
Speaker 5: I have been waiting to get to this scene, freaky shit fust ever time that we would started recording these episodes.
Speaker 3: Baby girl.
Speaker 2: Heather is on a journey of self discovery right now, and part of it involves snooping around Vanessa and Wilson's fucking bedroom.
Speaker 1: She steals like an ear ring.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm like, okay, okay, are you a serial killer?
Speaker 5: Is this a trophy? Did you kill Vanessa? Is it because you miss her? It's really weird. Also, I would say, like get a ring or something worth more money, because I know that that that jewelry box is worth millions.
Speaker 2: Buck comes in and I immediately starts sweating from my brow because I listen Disney Marvel stuff in the eighth We've we've just been on these mics talking about the MCU needs to get more sexy.
Speaker 1: And I didn't think it would happen like this.
Speaker 2: Because we did something whoa.
Speaker 3: We manifest I just did this into being by a monkey's poor because we can because.
Speaker 2: Street level Marvel on Disney Plus is going into some fifty sheets of great type shit.
Speaker 3: He isn't.
Speaker 2: He's not suspicious at all that he found heather snooping around and Vanessa's ship. He seems to think like he's that she's broken up over and he's like, you know what can I do to help? And she's like, well, you know what I keep seeing muse choking me. He's choking me. He's choking me. He's choking me. And Buck is like, well, would it help if you choked me?
Speaker 5: He's like, how.
Speaker 3: About what I immersion? What like?
Speaker 5: It's like reverse immersion therapy, like you put your hands around my neck.
Speaker 3: She's been practicing that, great Jason for a reason.
Speaker 2: Well, I gotta tell you, I don't think Buck is thinking about reverse immersion. Get your hands around my fucking neck, and let's see what happens in Wilson's bedroom. And they just kes him and she starts freakingly choking him.
Speaker 1: She is, I gotta say, I'm not sure the grip.
Speaker 2: She needs to do more work in the grip she's doing okay, he puffs out his neck. She's really going to town. She's squeezing the ship.
Speaker 3: She needs to learn more. It's more about squeezing on the side.
Speaker 1: It's gotta squeeze on the side. You don't have to squeeze on the front. Yeah, that's like you're wasting energy.
Speaker 3: That's like you're gonna kill someone.
Speaker 2: And and she's like she's crying, She's like breathing heavy.
Speaker 1: It's like, is she liking this? Is she hating it?
Speaker 2: Is she feelss like what is coming up? A lot of things are coming up? A lot of things. She is, I mean, she's going to town on it. And then she lets go, big gas, she let's go and Buck is like, you feel better now, and she's like, yeah, I feel better.
Speaker 5: He's we just seen I don't know, because I love the fact that, like all Buck wanted.
Speaker 3: Just to get choked. That didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: They didn't fuck on the fisks bed like, he just wanted to feel a woman choke him out.
Speaker 3: And I respect that.
Speaker 2: I respected, And he found the perfect one who wants to do it, needs to do it.
Speaker 3: It's like deep how faulta.
Speaker 2: It's deeply moving for her to do it. Meanwhile, Dan and Biebe, other couples, it's working in the show. Dan and Biebe take the ferry to snat An Island. Dan makes a whole big thing about about this and then gives Bbe the fake infoe and it's like, listen, I got I heard something crazy.
Speaker 5: This is the most obvious fake news ever liked. She no, instantly, you just.
Speaker 1: Can't tell anybody.
Speaker 2: But this is really only because we're friends and you know, like I have you over for dinner and all this stuff, and we went to the boxing match together, and this is just because we are so close. Mayor Fisk is not going to run for reelection. He's gonna in LBJ in sixty eight and he's not going to run.
Speaker 1: BB is like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Powell goes up to the resistance cop Saunders and it was like, hey, hed you drop this and it's the ID that he had slipped to Max.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, I heard you lost yours.
Speaker 5: So it's unclear if it's the same one or if it's a new one, because they say they like change every twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: But yeah, basically they know, or they at least suspect.
Speaker 2: They at least suspect because you know, we just got hit, like our crates got hit in the same twenty four hour window when you lost your ID, So like they clearly know. Meanwhile, back in the Punisher basement, Karen is just like staring at Decks, who is like passed out.
Speaker 1: She kicks him awake. He finds that he's handcuffed to the.
Speaker 5: Oh oh my god, Karen, she's channeling her boyfriend.
Speaker 3: She loves it.
Speaker 2: She loves Frank. And then she starts talking about Foggy, like, tell, what's going on with Foggy? You killed Foggy? How dare you kill Foggy?
Speaker 1: Do you feel bad about it? Like why do you have to do it?
Speaker 2: And Dex is like not, He's I don't think he's capable of feeling bad about it.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 5: But also he's doing a much worss job in this conversation than he did to Matt, where when he brings up to Matt, he does try and be like I'm sorry, like I was in a bad place.
Speaker 3: But with Karen he's just like eh, it's like, no, she's gonna kill you. Maybe he wants suicide by Karen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might want that. So and there's a lot, man, there's some there is.
Speaker 2: A sexual charge under this entire My god, dude, seriously, like everyone says the fuck and things might calm down everything that happens after Heather and Buck hits in a different way. So she puts a gun to Dex's head, but then of course Matt comes in knocks the gun out of her hand, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: And she's like I think you're choosing Fisk over me and Foggy wow, which is it's not She's not wrong, and she's like, Matt, let me kill Decks and no, and he and she storms off.
Speaker 3: Dude, I love how like this is the this is the thing. Right.
Speaker 5: Matt thinks he's like such a healthy good guy because he's like, don't kill this guy.
Speaker 3: But it's like this is a toxic relationship.
Speaker 5: You're not supposed to be like handcuffing people to courts and thinking and arguing either whether or not you're allowed to kill them.
Speaker 3: My friend, like, this is bad.
Speaker 1: What have you become? Have you become?
Speaker 2: The protest at city Hall is getting really really spicy now. Powell is like, Yeah, we'll get to get out there, bust up fucking heads. He's fucking rock hard bricktop that kills a He can't wait, And he's really really really taking a special interest in and Resistance Officer Saunders now and just really like watching him closely and like, you know, patting him too hard on the back and all that kind of stuff. Dan's mom, who meanwhile has a Fisk flag hanging from the front of her house that is very much a Trump.
Speaker 1: Flag like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, we're not even We're not fucking around.
Speaker 3: There's no analogus anymore. True.
Speaker 2: Just text Bbe, you know, they're they're in there and they're just chatting about stuff. Bbe sneaks away and types out the fake intel about Fisk to someone, but then doesn't send it.
Speaker 5: She's like, yeah, they like conflict because she's in his like Staten Island seventies ass bathroom, like yeah, oh fuck, but it's interesting because like she's snooping and then he's snooping, and like there's like this very interesting little jewel snooping and you're like, just have a fucking conversation.
Speaker 3: Guys, because you actually do care about each other.
Speaker 1: So ultimately she doesn't send it.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, nightfalls and the protesters take out daredevil masks and they'll put on daredevils. The governor comes home to discover that mister Charles is there with his shoes off, and he's like, I'm here to solve your Fisk problem. I'm going to take care of it for you. As they're leaving, Dan pulls out the sty card he found in Beebe's pocket and he says, I don't know if I can protect you from from Buck Cashman m h. And meanwhile they see on the news that the protest is really starting to heat up. Fisk meanwhile, is like fucking catatonic. He's out, he's out a bit bad. It's not Greg Gwelf, so he hasn't showered probably and.
Speaker 5: Still got those rolls of like muscle, yeah, sticky and gunky with blood from his mud.
Speaker 1: As the various murders. He's committed. Buck comes in and is like, the governor is moving against you.
Speaker 2: Huh. She's going to meet with the Attorney General of the state and they're going to try and like reel you in, try and you know, diminish you down. At the protest, meanwhile, someone, some tech savvy person, has taking out a projector and they are projecting the resistance testimonials that were taped by Karen and Matt and interviewed by the McDuffie interviews, and they're playing them up on the side of City Hall, which is very effective, and the crowd is getting fired up. Fisk goes to his desk and Matt comes to see him. Matt is like, hey, I'm really sorry about Vanessa. It's just like, guys, what it was. And Matt is like, listen, I got a deal. What if we both leave New York. Our rivalry is tearing the city up, and look at look at what's going on outside. You know, it's just you're a psycho. You've killed so many people. You've killed two people in the last three days, including a world renowned neurosurgeon who is trying to save your wife's life. One would even say that you caused your wife's life.
Speaker 3: But I'm not gonna go there, not gonna go to that.
Speaker 2: But somebody right now. But I don't doubt I don't doubt that you like me, Wilson. Fisk love New York City. You love the city, and so let's save the city by leaving no answer. At this time, Karen and and Javi and Angela go masked to the protest. They got it. It's getting hot down there. Meanwhile, madd and Fisk start fighting. Now they're just gonna fight, just as Buck tells the Task Force people go out there and just let's start mowing the protesters down. And he kills Saunders in front of everyone.
Speaker 3: Crazy and then he's like the vigilattis.
Speaker 2: Data in the head and the Task Force knocks Job and Karen down and since and then they send Angela like to go get help. Fisk meanwhile is really fucking mad up. But Matt, like, is Matt gonna be out?
Speaker 5: I thought it was going to be for this last couple of episodes, because like it looked like some get in his way with Charlie that it was crazy.
Speaker 2: But then Matt similarly stuns Fisk with like a power knee right to gin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was giving video game for sure.
Speaker 2: And as this is happening outside, Powell arrests Karen in the midst of the crowd. And that is the end of our episode of fucking crazy lot of things.
Speaker 5: If you would just let your girlfriend kill coindexta, she wouldn't be out on the streets right now.
Speaker 3: She'd be busy killing him, you know, just saying, I mean, that's my boy, but just saying, come on, let's go to a.
Speaker 2: Break and then we will welcome super producer Aaron In and we will talk about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are back.
Speaker 1: Welcome eron.
Speaker 4: Hey everyone, I uh, loose fitting T shirt today. I don't want too much constricting my neck. You know, got a little here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, but if you didn't, if you did want it to constrict your neck, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as.
Speaker 1: It's your choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as long.
Speaker 5: As it's you are the cash man and you are able to say, please do this to me.
Speaker 4: I actually think Buck didn't get he got a raw deal there. He was looking for a little more. I think I think it the.
Speaker 1: D I mean, it seemed like a little more.
Speaker 2: Here's here's what I'll say a little more is gonna happen. It doesn't end there, like you know what I mean, whether it's right now, next week, whatever it's happening, what whatever that.
Speaker 3: Was, that's not over, that's not over.
Speaker 1: They will get there.
Speaker 4: I do want like a little couple's check, you know, Matt and Karen. I feel like their relationship took a little bit of a hit this week. They're they're eternal fight of do we kill people? Do we not kill people?
Speaker 1: Get on and make a choice, let's do you're your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I think that we're building to a point. We'll get to this in the death pool too. But I wonder, now is it going to be Karen's death that brings Matt over the edge? Like is that what needs to happen?
Speaker 1: He just can't do it.
Speaker 4: We've we've paraded out Foggy's dead bodies so often this season, all with like hey, Dex keep saying his name. Okay, don't worry. Now Karen is bringing up Foggy because of Dex okay, and now Misk and Matt are talking about it at the end here, like what do you ever imagine what would have happened if we never met Foggy and Vanessa would still be alive like what he's to now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you can't bring Karen back and then kill her. And I also think they've done too much work building her up to be a lady punisher type.
Speaker 1: And again, as.
Speaker 2: We've said all along, I really do think the Matt Frank Karen triangle is so good if they can get that up and so juicy that it's you can't kill her now. I mean she'll be in danger, of course, but I don't think I think she will live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just think you know, it was notable in I think it was the last episode when they said their first I love you is on screen, and in this one they did not. We did not get in my love And look, as everyone who's been in a relationship can say, I think that first time you both say I love you is exhilarating and I think you're you're aching to do it the second time. So for them to not say it here, we're seeing a little a little bit of division and and.
Speaker 3: I like couples.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I need to know what you think about Heather and Buck then from your professional relationship, think her opinion.
Speaker 4: I think Heather went into it thinking she was going to really love that, and she didn't love it as much as she thought she did.
Speaker 1: I mean, so she leaves.
Speaker 4: Really you think we're playing a little body language, you know, here like trying to view it. But she rushed out of there in a way that left me feeling she was a little it was either not far enough or it was too much. I think we all I think it was not far enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's why she freaked out. Is I think she liked it too much, or it made her feel angry or scared or not necessarily sexy. It was more in that, as we've been talking about from the beginning of this season, the clear like layup for her to become some kind of serial killer or something. I think that it probably had a sexy moment. She's crying, she's get letting all those feelings out. It's very cathartic. And then at the end she must have felt like, oh shit, what if I just killed them, Like wouldn't that be great? And then she was like ah, because she also knows he's killed loads of people. Like she's not dumb. She knows who Buck is, so she could justify that herself. Aaron, how about big, big episode for Down and beeB.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, I gotta regarding Heather and Buck, what is the.
Speaker 1: Is it okay to jack off at awake?
Speaker 5: Because okay, finally someone asking the most important questions.
Speaker 2: Because Buck had a buck you know, I'm guessing slipped into the bathroom right after that and just was like, least take care of business because I can't.
Speaker 3: Be the Gracie Mansion.
Speaker 1: I can't be walking around awake like this.
Speaker 4: Do you think he slipped off or did he just horrible things have already happened in Vanessa's bedroom. Unfortunately that's true.
Speaker 3: You took off that she ran out. He was just like fuck it.
Speaker 2: I mean, this whole thing is so crazy, like Aaron, you know, as we were saying, it kind of changes.
Speaker 1: It changed the.
Speaker 2: Tone and feeling of the entire episdisode. Once that happened, I was like, ah, I can't believe this, and it makes the entire It makes everything that happens after feel a different way, Like how did you feel after this scene?
Speaker 4: God, I don't want to use this word, but it felt like a release because we've been building to this for so long, like we had all these scenes of her using the hand strength thing, and we've had her looking at the mask, and we knew they were building to this, and we had that really sweet scene that I love with the two of them at the banquet talking about all the players on the board and they're going through this and we see this relationship building between the two of them, and you know, Buck's charming. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: And I mean Buck came in.
Speaker 2: When Buck walked in, yeah, he had that glint in his eye like shit's I don't know what's gonna happen, but sits something's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And something's gonna happen right now.
Speaker 3: Let me.
Speaker 5: He also caught her in a situation she wasn't supposed to be in, so he didn't play it that way first, but he did have leverage as well.
Speaker 1: You know, she as deep as hell into the bedroom.
Speaker 2: It's not like she walked in and is like a foot in and is looking around, Oh this is where Wilson ever.
Speaker 1: Else is sleep.
Speaker 2: She was like up in the ship, like she was near the dresser, she was near the stuff, like, clearly something is happening. I will also ask you this because I this is not like, this is just my theory I talked about it before, so unconfirmed, but I believe that at least some of what is happening to Heather is like a some sort of possession through the through the Mews mask Like oh yeah, I love the idea that it's possession, like like the the kind of like demonic slash, the powered element of muse is somehow inherent in his costume.
Speaker 3: Almost like doctor Fate's mosque.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the and that somehow that is propelling her to these increasingly kind of like extreme behaviors. So do you think as she's choking Buck, is that is that muse or is that her?
Speaker 1: Or what's happening?
Speaker 4: I think it's I love this muse theory you have, partly because just the wordplay of like it in art, a muse is something that comes to you or inspires you. It's your own right, And so I love I love the theory that there's something else working through her vigilance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, questionnaire, how weird it is with the possession you know?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 4: So uh, you know, the MCU has like dipped its toe and teased us with some of these supernatural things, even as as recently as Ironhart where we get me fisto like blink and you miss it kind of thing. But I do love that, and I we've had the hand, We've had like weird resurrections to the hand. I think this is such a great path for her character and for the Muse character, who I think was really terrifying in season one and didn't get really enough time because they kind of cut that off by mid season. So to get some continuation of that right here through Heather, who's like also got a connection to Matt and also has a connection to Fisk now would be incredible. Like, let's run with this as long as we can.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, let's go to Dan and Bebe, Dan and Bebe. You know, I've been up and down with them.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it's you know, it's like Boebe, what are you doing? Then it's like Dan, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Now they've come to like a really.
Speaker 2: Sweet place where yeah, for the first time, maybe Dan knows more than bb and is trying to protect Bbe from her really from herself because she's getting mixed up and stuff.
Speaker 3: That's just crazy.
Speaker 1: What did you think of the Dan and Bebe scenes here?
Speaker 4: Aaron I already like Bbe and I just think as a couple, as a couple who's potentially having a little bit of a rough patch right now. There's a little bit of lying, there's there's a lack of trust BB buying Dan Mom's MLM, ROYGBIV elixirs or whatever. Like ten points that's out. That's an incredible, so cute.
Speaker 5: I loved so much of what they do with these two in this episode where you really start to feel like, well again, it's kind of like you said about the release with the Buck and the you know, the lead up with Heather is like we we they have been playing around with this, like do they really care about each other?
Speaker 3: How much are they using each other up the ladder?
Speaker 5: And this is a really nice way to be like, oh no, at the core there is like a true friendship and care for that the two of them have.
Speaker 3: But it's only going to get them in trouble.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Now, My other thing about that trouble, it's an SD card. Do we think Dan had a chance to like find an adapter? Look at what's on the SD card and like.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, but he he knows it's sus because it's the same pocket that when the kids jumped in.
Speaker 4: So if you're baby, you just say I don't know who that was.
Speaker 2: People give me also like I mean media, I'm a videographer.
Speaker 1: I'm just like I have SD cards everywhere.
Speaker 2: But the issue is she acted weird about it, Like she would have said, yeah, like what do you think, like I film an.
Speaker 1: Edit video, I have you know many of these I have everywhere? What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: And she didn't yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if she would have done that, then maybe Dan would have been like okay, But because she she she really.
Speaker 1: Did quit weird about it.
Speaker 4: So I'm a little worried about them. And you know, we do get that scene to get that scene of Dan being like, I don't know if I can protect you from who, And as she's asking that, Buck calls and it's just like yeah, yeah, you know. He he just finished off at a in the side closet room next to Vanessa's bedroom at the wake, and he's calling to check up on you right now, So he's got that post.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's it's the clearest threat yet that that.
Speaker 2: It's either BB or Dan, because Dan is either going to do it, which he does do it, and then you know, or he's going to put BB in a position her Bucks request where Buck can kill her and and he's either.
Speaker 1: Going to decide to do that or he's not.
Speaker 2: It's clear that that's where it's going because also, again, as I said last episode, I actually I think it's mainly about Dan because there's no way like Listen, Buck knows.
Speaker 3: He Listen knows. He just wants to know if Dan is loyal, right exactly.
Speaker 1: That's all they care about.
Speaker 2: Will Dan do as he's told, especially when we're asking him stuff that's like really hard.
Speaker 4: That's what they want to know because they know that Bbe is doing this and they already have dirt on Dan. They already made him do one body. So he's too far in now, Like it would be easier potentially for him to say no if he hadn't done something else to jeopardize himself. But he's ultimate.
Speaker 5: Leverage now because then otherwise you'd have to turn informant on Wilson Fisk.
Speaker 3: That's like your only other option out of this.
Speaker 1: I mean, good luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people have tried it. Let's talk about we finally get Jessica finally.
Speaker 3: I ran, how did that feel? You've been waiting so eagerly.
Speaker 4: It was great. It was great, and then like to have them tease it just a little bit more with like just seeing her boots as she walks out, you know what it is, you know what's happening, and have her come back in and it's her daughter, you know. Like you said, we have no name dropping of Luke, but we have plenty of cues and clues and uh, there's there's this like, was was Jessica an original recruit potentially for Thunderbolts, Maybe Luke was, Maybe Luke is doing something else.
Speaker 3: For yeah, whatever that.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be like a Dark Avengers like that. But Valentina is kind of the Norman Osborne, so it's it's more villainous. But they can I mean, Luke's not a villain, but he has someone who would sign up to go and kill people in another country if his wife and kids.
Speaker 3: He's what he is, he's a hitman for hire. He's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always needed money. I can see.
Speaker 3: He's always broke.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy, but he's always been fucking broke. That's one thing you can say about Luken coming out of the wallet. He's continuously broke.
Speaker 5: Someone's gonna pay for that big ass house him and Jessica are living.
Speaker 1: And it's definitely not him because he's off doing well, you know. Now, maybe he's earning a paper.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why I'm saying, maybe he's on that Valentina money.
Speaker 4: But I am really intrigued by this like on again off the power set that she has. I want to know, is this like a is this their way to introduce her and then face her out after the season or is this a way to give her a storyline that can continue after this Because I have I have a theory, I clearly would prefer the latter. Okay, this is the beginning of a weaponization of depowering. The government is going to figure out what made this happen.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to make a process so that they can nerve heroes and they're going to use it on whoever the fuck it they need to use it on, like thor the Hulk, the Mutants especially, right, and that's where it's going.
Speaker 5: That would be so interesting too, because Jessica's power is like she's has like had them and not had them and they kind of on and off again, usually to do with PTSD mental health like a way.
Speaker 3: To explore that.
Speaker 5: So it would be extra fucked up if they somehow utilized that aspect, like essentially like a fear aspect or a PTSD aspect that they could in in people, incite in people in juice and heroes that would basically make them be depowered. I think that's so interesting, and yeah, do od it would make sense that Department of Damage Control. Also they said they're collecting powered people, and we know that some of those power people like LUKEA being used for these missions, but others could be tested on or imprisoned or Oh you're so right, Jason, that's a great thing.
Speaker 2: I also think it's very interesting the powered people that they've collected, like in Thunderbolts, Asterisk, the New Avengers, essentially right they want. They tried it with god level power sets, right with the Hulk and with Thor and with Wanda and with Vision.
Speaker 5: They're just two even like Tony Stark, he was like a god on earth because he was a billionaire and he was super control.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm smarter and smarter than everybody.
Speaker 2: So this time they've gone for broke ass fucking heroes with with they're strong like Jessica, but they're not like going to destroy a city. And none of them, and I say this with respect, none of them are genius level intellects. No, and none of them are mentally stable, right they and that's what they want is they want very they want powerful, you know, human beings who are controllable, who aren't.
Speaker 1: That smart and really fucking need money.
Speaker 3: And that's what there sounds to me like something that's happening in real life right now. I can't believe this shit.
Speaker 2: Does sound like that too, But yeah, so I think that's where they're going. I think they're going for a more pliable superhero force that the government control, can control, while they're also, as a parallel track, going to start working on weapons that can deepower heroes so that they don't have that threat out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so they can control them essentially like a dog caller. Is why I feel like, Okay, I also like it was really amazing to see Danny Cage.
Speaker 3: We love her, she's so cute.
Speaker 5: I also kind of love that this is all taken from the book Pulse, that comic book issue, and now they've kind of introduced this idea that Jessica's powers are like pulsing on him off and stuff. I was wondering if they were trying to do that to also try and find a new way to give her like a more hero name if she's going to be in Doomsday. But now we've seen the kids, that we've seen the daughter Aaron. How likely do you think a Luke Cage appearance is like a cameo? Or do you think because they say he's off on a mission that's for season three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean we do keep mentioning Luke, and again he has not been He's not been mentioned even by name. There is a part of my head that's like, maybe actually Jessica knows Florence Pugh, Like maybe that's her connection to this government thing. What's we assume it's Luke? Obviously? Do we think Luke is in this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You think so?
Speaker 4: I think like it's already episode six of an eight episode thing. We just got Jessica. How are we going to get someone else.
Speaker 2: He's not going to do anything. It's going to be a walkthrough or something like that, because they're not going to be like Mike get in shape, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like it gonna it's gonna be a walkthrough.
Speaker 5: I think, well, he, I would say, as a huge evil fan, I would love to see him.
Speaker 1: I would Yeah, I'm just wee him.
Speaker 5: I kind of love a lot of the Jessica Jones Luke Cage stuff that we've gotten in the past.
Speaker 3: Is very like they live in a bar, they're broke. It's like street level blah blah blah. It's nice to see.
Speaker 5: I would like to see the two of them getting to live this little bit of happiness having Danny. Obviously, Jessica's very confident as a mother. We see I just kick that, you know, grenade out like it's not even a thing. So I love to see them in this kind of new setting. So I would like to see it. But yeah, this episode, a lot happened. So I also feel like we got a lot to do in the final two episodes.
Speaker 3: Yea, I do.
Speaker 4: I texted you about this, Rosie, I think. But you know, Jessica leaves Upstate or wherever her home is. Who do we think the best babysitters in the MCU are Who would you leave your kids with?
Speaker 1: It's a squirrel girl, it is, Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the real comics, it's definitely Squirrel Girl. That's actually like who is her babysit?
Speaker 5: I I would say, this is my long range theory, but I would I feel like cam Laine such a good babysitter.
Speaker 1: And she's.
Speaker 3: A yeah, but you think.
Speaker 5: I'm like, they could just send a car, like Valentina, just send her car. But I would love imagine if there was like some deep cut like teen you know hero.
Speaker 3: Who's just like living next to them. It's just like husk or something.
Speaker 4: Or like she brings her daughter in and leaves her with Kate or something, and Kate just like feeds her pizza and they play with the dog or something. Anyways, Yes, I'm sure we could, you know, expand on that more as as we get you know, further heroes and doomsday and everything. But that was something in just in my head.
Speaker 5: It definitely feels to me like Jessica's gonna be in the show for the rest of the episodes. I hope, right Like it doesn't feel like a camera Yeah, I feel like them meeting up and kind of having that fight and the talk about her powers.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're going to see that come into.
Speaker 4: And the powers turning on and off will come.
Speaker 3: Back for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I will say, like I think that she's in danger. I think that they are going to study her.
Speaker 4: What it is.
Speaker 2: It's like taking her powers away because I think they want to know more about this.
Speaker 5: This actually makes so much sense, Jason, because also she's controllable, because we know that the Purple Man was able to hypnotize her and force her and that was his power set.
Speaker 3: Right, But that's a jewel thing that they want to learn.
Speaker 5: Is that going to be like what is it about her brain that allowed somebody to implant something to make her do what they wanted?
Speaker 3: As well as the fact that they could learn how to depower people.
Speaker 4: What if we get Luke but we lose Jess Like, no, no, they would.
Speaker 3: Never do it. They would never do it. I don't believe it.
Speaker 4: All right, should we jump into Deadpool? See where we are?
Speaker 1: Let's see the Deadpool. Let's do the dead Pool.
Speaker 4: Last week, Jason, you had Kingpin, BB or Dan McCaffrey, Cherry Rosie. You had Detective Kim Great Detective Kim shout out. You had depth all right, where is she a?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Dex and BB and I had BB Bullseye and McCaffrey Jason, what are you thinking this week? I'm going to leave a Kingpin question mark, because I do think we, for the first time have broached the question in the in the show with Matt saying what if we both just left? So I think that there's a world in which next season born again, both Matt and the Kingpin, for whatever reasons, are not around. So I do wonder if the Kingpin is going to die.
Speaker 2: And as I said, and then as I said, you know, like Vincent is getting up there, I think that.
Speaker 1: I think that Dan is going to die now.
Speaker 2: And then I think that I think we need Powell, like, if not dead, then so injured that he can there that he can't.
Speaker 1: Be on the force, he can't even work a desk job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we've built him up as such an evil fucking guy that he's gotta die.
Speaker 3: Or be just your right.
Speaker 5: It's because otherwise what's gonna happen unless they're gonna plan to make him into a continuing ongoing villain, see them doing who I think this is actually kind of hard for me because I feel like, going in everything's possible, I'm taking off decks. I think if Karen was gonna kill him, that would have happened today. I think we've said that's not happening. I think I'm putting the Governor back on there. I think mister Charles showing up actually makes her way way more vulnerable. I'm actually also, fuck it, let's put mister Charles on there. I think, dude, he's not strong enough. He's not strong enough. He almost got killed over the he almost got shot by and and then like he just doesn't make good plays, like he's doing a play to the Governor, someone who's already been at a disadvantage with Fisk and continues to be so. I just feel like he doesn't necessarily have the juice. Fist could definitely just you know, squash his head like a grape.
Speaker 3: I love Matthew Linda.
Speaker 5: I think this is an interesting character who could be a great like Evil Colson who shows up.
Speaker 3: In the movies and stuff. But I think him dying is quite likely. Okay, so I've got one more. I think I'm gonna go for Dan.
Speaker 5: I feel like he was too he's too loving to b Be this episode, it'll probably change back again, but you know, I think it's Dan or Beebe, And right now I feel like Dan he's the kind of guy who's gonna make the sacrifice.
Speaker 3: I see it in him. He's a good lover boy. I believe in him.
Speaker 1: I love I loved I've really Dan's.
Speaker 3: Grown on me.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 5: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: It's so good?
Speaker 1: Aaron?
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 4: The Dan at home scenes with his mom, Like we're sort of similar to Penguin in a little ways where it's like, oh, here's this character. Like very different characters, but like we get a little humanizing through the mother. I think, you know, I had Karen, but I'm gonna take Karen off because Jason, I think you're right. I think that they've built up too much with her. So instead I'm gonna say Dex. And I actually think Dex. What if Dex is one good deed actually winds up being dying to save Karen. So what if Dex like takes a bullet for Karen at the last minute or something so good will be That's gonna be my number one. I think Governor McCaffrey is the free Square, Like Charles showing up in her home. You know, there's just not a good look. This is You're in trouble and it's.
Speaker 5: Going badly for you ye move house, by the way, also please, like too many people know where you live.
Speaker 4: And I'm trying to think of something because the next thing I think is just whoever talks to Fisk next he's in this fight with Matt like nobody if you know. I also wish.
Speaker 3: Whichever way just accidental.
Speaker 4: Park his car whatever. I I wish we could do a mid episode Deadpool because Saunders when they showed him, like yeah, your key card, and he's like, that's an easy addition. They're dead. But I you know, in all seriousness, I think Dex is my number one, McCaffrey's my number two, and I will put Dan on there, but I think it will it will be because Dan potentially gives BB away, Like he he he comes to the pressure from Buck and I could see him having the most remorse possible and like doing something that causes him. Yeah, he's he's going to give her position away. He's gonna, you know, tell Buck to come pick her up or something, and like he can't help it.
Speaker 5: He's too shifty, Like he's not good at the game. That's the other thing he's not. He was never made for the two sidedness. He can't play every respectrum. He's quite up front about his wants and his needs and why he likes to be there, so he's not really That's why I think he's freaking out so much about killing, about helping chop up the body of Christ.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we will watch eagerly to see where this goes. Continuing on X ray Vision, there will be more news.
Speaker 1: We're going to cover one Shadow Lord of course on.
Speaker 4: Board.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening, woo. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sepsion and Rosie Night and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 5: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Safar.
Speaker 5: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean, Jonathan and Bay Wag.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 5: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman, and Heidi.
Speaker 3: Our discord moderate though